The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When the Cicadas cry

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:54 am

First topic message reminder :

The year is 2011, the past year on the fourth of September there was a 7.1 earthquake that shocked the south Island of New Zealand. Thankfully no one was killed but some serious damage was done, it is February of 2011 now and unbeknownst to anyone the clock is ticking down on the quake that will change it all. Meet our characters, they end up being thrown together after the quake and find that they begin having flash backs of another life and another time when they are around each other. Will the small band of heroes survive the apocalyptic conditions or will they succumb to the death, everything will be revealed when the Cicadas cry

Last edited by Raven on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:20 pm

thats what they all say came the reply five minutes later, carrying his laptop down to the kitchen he placed it on the bench then sat on the cool tiles with a sigh. Hopefully tomorrow he would get the money for food, tonights dinner was a bit on the meager side that was for sure.

Haytham stared at the food "you are an excellent cook sir" he said looking at Thomas with reverence, surely this man must be some kind of god. Such kindness and compassion were like the things he had never seen before in a human.

Lana sighed running a hand through her hair "i have to get back to work, i owe you one Liam" she told him slipping out of the door and returning to her post. Her thighs still throbbed from the earlier vision and to be honest it had spooked her slightly

Rose snorted "well im making dinner now"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / His Room / With: --
Alex frowned a bit at both the responses from Rose and Tobias. He chewed on his thumb, 'Have I acted like them?' He didn't like what the neighbor had said about never having friends. Now he was even more determined to befriend him.

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Home / With: Haytham
Thomas chuckled a bit as he ate, smiling. He took a sip of his water, smiling at Haytham, "Well, thank you. I try." He, though some would think it odd, had put both the A1 and the Worcestershire on his steak. He ate contentedly. "So, World War II?" He motioned over at the sketch.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:35 pm

I do not know, human interactions are so hard to understand, it is like the enigma, everyone else has the code book yet i do not came the eventual reply, tobe sighed, he would like to have a friend but he just got so gosh darned nervous about it all.

Haytham nodded "yeah,, all of my life i have dreams about pirateships, or world war two or even the italian Renaissance, its a bit of a relief to be able to get it out in my art work" he slowly began eating his eyes brightening "wow this is really good!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:43 pm

Alex sighed a bit, scratching at his head. He frowned at the response, 'Well, why not give me a chance? I won't do what they did, I promise.'

Thomas smiled a bit at the mention of the dreams. He sometimes had similar dreams. At Haytham's reaction to the food, his smile brightened, "Good, I'm glad." Again, his brief headache returned. The visions didn't come as before. This time, everything stayed looking the same but, he felt something, heard something. Exhaled breath on the back on his neck, warm. Like a snort from an animal. The hair on his arms bristled and he gave a bit of a shiver, the feeling of being watched fading but still in the back of his mind.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:54 pm

Making her bacon rose sat on the couch eating it aggressivley as she watched Supernatural deciding to go on a marathon from season one all the way to season six finishing her dinner she glowered at her phone that was on the coffee table before she got up and returned with a blanket wrapping it around herself she switched off the lights.

Haytham glanced up frowning slightly "are you okay?" his dark eyes had noted the hairs raising on the back of Thomas's arms

Tobes potatoes had finished and he had begun vigrously mashing them using the last of the milk and butter before pouring the gravy in. Sitting back on the floor with his pot beside him he began eating his quick meal before replying ok
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:04 pm

Alex grinned, giving a silent cheer, feeling like he had made some massive break through. 'Thank you, Tobias. ^^'

Thomas nodded slightly, "I, uh... yeah." He glanced around slightly, sighing, "Look, this is going to sound weird but... there's a chance I might have a reaction shortly... Last time this happened I felt nails being hammered into my fingers." Why was he saying all this? He sounded crazy! He probably was crazy. He supposed he was saying it so that, in case something did happen, hopefully the other man would be a little prepared. He gave a groan, "I sound... insane." Frowning he stood, figuring it best to move out of the room before he had an episode, "I'll be back..." With that, he headed down the hall into his room, shutting the door.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:11 pm

Haytham frowned "wait!" he stood walking after him "i.... i saw you tied to an X with nails hammered into your fingers, i... i killed the man there so i could save you" he abandoned his food standing determindly outside Thomas's door "Tomaz" he said before he rubbed his forehead confusedly.

Rose growled to herself with annoyance, she hated that goofy stuck up flirtatious male! stupid boys, why couldn't she just be asexual or something? chewing on her hair as was her habit when she was rakked up she glowered at the TV muttering something along the lines of "boys suck" she flopped onto her side watching the flickering on the TV.

Tobe nodded before typing im going to go and continue coding my game, speak later, thank you Lundburger

Lana served drinks ignoring the flirts until someone touched her, then she moved nearly breaking their arm they quickly let go of her and she smirked slightly. Chewing on the side of her mouth she portrayed an innocent yet fiery girl, good for getting information
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:21 pm

Alex smiled brightly, 'No problem!' He sent it and stood, heading down the stairs happily.

Thomas heard the words through the closed door, blinking. Maybe he wasn't insane. The pain in his head came again as he heard a growl. Looking around, he saw nothing. He was panicking a small bit, now. He could hear what appeared to be a large dog moving around the room. Claws struck his back, dragging down it, embedded deeply. He let out a small sound of pain, looking in the mirror behind him as blood stained his shirt. He closed his eyes, trying to force himself to remember that this wasn't really happening. He hit the ground as something grabbed his leg, yanking it out from under him, feeling the deep gashes being carved. He could see the blood as it pooled out. Now his chest. The pain just kept getting worse and worse as he felt himself being torn apart, watching blood pool and soak his white shirt. He let out a sound of pain, eyes closing, teeth barring, trying to stay quite. He really didn't want to sound like he was being murdered, though he felt like he was.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:32 pm

Rose was curled up asleep on the couch, a determined look on her face, she had work in the morning tomorrow but she for some reason was still going to go to Joshuas performance. the flyer was crumpled in her hand, red hair characterstically messy and all over the place.

Hearing the sound of pain Haytham opened the door and walked in, seeing Thomas on the floor he didn't hesitate to crouch down and hold him in his arms. Suddenly aware of another time when he had done this, his dark eyes met Thomas's and he smiled slightly "its okay, i've got you"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:42 pm

Alex tilted his head at her and smiled slightly. He grabbed some food quietly and went back up to his room with it to eat before bed. He'd inform her of the neighbor at some other point.

Thomas blinked a bit, panting as he worked at begin breathing normally again. The blood was gone, so was the pain. It had reached a climax and then faded suddenly. He reached a hand up to his forehead, frowning at the realization that he'd just felt himself die. His eyes went to Haytham's, still in the man's arms. "You said 'Tomaz'..." The name that had been in his head earlier.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:51 pm

Haytham nodded "yes, no idea why, it just uh slipped out" he smiled sheepishly "looks like we're both nutters then?" he frowned slightly watching him pain in his eyes for some reason. Thomas's awake face was covered in bloodied scratches, a dead corpse in his arms pain shooting through him. A hand on his shoulder made him turn and he saw a woman there with chocolate curls and green eyes she told him "he sold his soul for your voice" the vision left him shaking slightly with emotions that shouldn't have been there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:55 pm

Thomas sat up, pulling from his arms to do so, looking at him. "But we're being crazy about the same things, that must mean it isn't crazy. I had the nails... you said you saw that. I heard the name 'Tomaz' in my head at the park earlier... you just called me it." He rubbed the back of his neck, "Have anything for me being ripped apart by a large dog? And, well... probably dying from it..."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 11:00 pm

Haytham nodded rubbing his face "yeah, i was running through crowded streets, trying to find you, you had vanished from the ship we were on and this woman with emerald green eyes and chocolate colored hair had told me that you had gone to die" he sighed slightly "i found you ripped open and i held you in my arms as you died, only 32, then the woman appeared telling me that you had sold your soul for my voice or something"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 8:07 am

Thomas frowned at that. It sounded like the show Rose and Alex watched, Supernatural. There had been something they mentioned... sell your soul in a deal, get ten years, then the hellhounds come. Yes, that had been what the show said. He'd been 32 so, he must have sold his soul at his current age. Why would he have done that? Haytham's voice. He pressed his fingers to his temples, closing his eyes, trying to focus on that. Why had Haytham's voice been gone? The knife. He saw it, he couldn't do anything. He shouted, watching it pierce Haytham's throat and then the attacker did the same to himself. He rushed to the dark-haired man's aid, holding him in his arms. He was terrified, close to crying as he held the man. 'Love you, Thomas...' He opened his eyes, rubbing his face, sighing as he shoved the emotions back. Haytham hadn't died, then. No, he'd lost his voice.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 9:51 am

Haytham got up running a hand through his hair saying nothing he left the room returning to the table where he began eating again a preoccupied look in his dark eyes. Why had he felt so relieved that Thomas had not died? He supposed it was because he owed the man and the man had after all given him a place to stay so he didn't have to weather the cold outside alone.

Rose retreated under the blankets in her sleep. A short sharp cry of pain leaving the girl, she was dreaming again, watching him leave her there to fend for herself while he went off to save a beautiful woman who was everything that she wasnt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 10:09 am

Thomas sighed, getting up off the floor. He moved back towards where he'd left his food, frowning at it a bit. He'd eat, despite the pain he'd just felt and the blood he'd seen. He knew he should eat. He sat down, beginning to pick at it, taking a bit here and there, thinking. The vision or... memory, as it might be, had shown Haytham saying he loved him. He didn't really know what to think of that or what to do about that. He looked over at Haytham, "What do you think is happening? With the things we're seeing?"

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Home / With: --
Joshua had made it home, had already eaten. He could feel his nerves beginning to kick in. Rubbing his face, he sighed, knowing he wouldn't be able to sleep yet, not even close. He was chewing on his lip now, leg bouncing up and down nervously as his heel was off the ground. He stood, quickly, rummaging around in various drawers. He knew he had some. He finally found what he had been searching for, a little baggy of white powder. From the drawer, he also produced a clean needle, an alcohol pad, a rubber tie, and some other tools. He gave a shaky sigh as he prepared the powder, turning it into a liquid, filling the syringe with it. He rolled up his sleeve, though it was a t-shirt, it was better at his shoulder. He wrapped the rubber tie around his arm, just above the elbow, and then took out the alcohol pad, cleaning the area inside his elbow. He picked up the needle and tapped on it, squeezing a small amount out to make certain there were know air bubbles. With that, he slid the needle into his arm, grimacing a small bit as he injected the substance. The effects were nearly instant. He calmed, smiling a bit.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 10:15 am

Haytham glanced up from his meal "Deja Vu of sorts perhaps, since we're both seeing it i suppose we could assume that we are remembering thins from past lives" his velvet tones were soft and musing before he returned to his meal keepiing his eyes away from the godly Thomas at the other end of the table.

Rose was locked in the dream that was becoming a nightmare, the sight of Joshua kissing the other woman after having left her sending painful sparks through out her. The bullet that he had half shot her with burning in her shoulder, it was nothing compared to the drowning sensation that was making her tremble in her sleep. She couldn't get away she was locked down here tears forming in her eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 10:22 am

Thomas nodded a little, sighing, "I guess so..." From what he'd seen, hearing Haytham's muttered words after the knife in connection with his own reaction... he'd loved Haytham, as well. "If they are memories from past lives... it's interesting that we refound each other..." The words seemed familiar, he could tell this hadn't been the first time that he'd refound Haytham.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 10:53 am

Haytham nodded, after finishing his dinner he stood and moved to place his plates in the sink, moving back to the couch he pulled out his guitar and began to strum on it. Plucking at the strings he began to sing along softly "chase your dreams, and remember me sweet bravery cause, after all those wings willt ake you up so high. So bid the forest floor goodbye as you race the wind and take to the sky"

Rose woke up in the morning with tears on her face, growling to herself she rubbed them off and snuggled under the blankets more. She didn't want to get up and she didn't want to go to work, she just wanted to stay under here and sulk. She couldn't believe that she had dreamt of Joshua kissing another woman and her being completly shattered by it.

Tobe didn't get any sleep that night, then again he hardly ever slept he had spent the rest of the night coding his game and doing voice overs for some of the voices and rescrambling his voice to get different tones pitches and accents. The dawn sun peeped in his window hitting his face, rubbing his face he yawned standing feeling his stomach for once not complaining to badly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 11:28 am

Thomas sighed as he woke up in his bed. He grabbed his pillow, stuffing it over his face. Had that been a dream or a memory? He'd seen himself waking up, Haytham's arms around him. He'd kissed the man's neck and run his fingers through his hair. The two were happy together, smiling. They kissed a couple of times, cuddling into one another. They weren't in a bed, though, they'd been in what appeared to be some corner of a ship. He lay there with the pillow over his face, still debating: memory or dream?

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Home / With: --
Joshua woke with a small groan. His covers were hanging off the bed, as well as one of his legs. He was lying crooked on his back, head no where near the pillows, bare torso exposed. He yawned widely, fingers running through his hair. His dream had been... interesting. It featured that same fiery-headed girl. They'd been wandering through a snowy forest until she brought him to a little opening in the rock face. He followed her in, finding a hot spring inside. The two had gotten in, talking about something, though he couldn't remember what. Then she'd teased him, excited him. Eventually, one thing had led to another... Well, he'd woken during their after-sex cuddling. He gave sigh, frowning a bit before sitting up. He grabbed his guitar, not bothering the straighten himself yet. Instead, he started strumming gently, checking to see if he remembered how to play something. He'd had his song for tonight planned for a week but... something told him to change it.

Alex woke in his computer chair, shaking his head a bit. He had a form of snuggie on over his pajamas. He'd fallen asleep watching videos on Youtube. He pulled the snuggie off and tossed it onto his bed before properly shut down his computer. With that, he stood and headed out of his room and down the stairs. He frowned a little, "Guess you never moved to your room."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 11:39 am

Haytham had dreamt of wandering through spain with golden hair that was short and scruffy, he was practising his blending in techniques when he had met Thomas calling him Tomaz he had learnt about the other boy and well one thing had lead to another and they had ended up in a relationship.

Rose growled from under her blankets, "go away" since meeting the accursed male she had become more reclusive she didn't want to go anywhere today but she had work. With an annoyed sigh she reappeared from under the blankets her fiery ginger hair all over the place, leaning against the back of the couch she looked at him upside downlike. Her pale green eyes were angry not at him but at herself.

Lana had had an extremly vivid dream of being Kissed by Liam, she had wanted it and enjoyed it and when she had finally woken up her lips were tingling from the memory or dream. Getting out of bed she stretched, she preferred to sleep int he nude, the tat on her back was soft against her fingers as she brushed it musingly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Thomas finally stood and got dressed, pulling on a well-fitting solid black t-shirt and some black jeans. He seemed to like his solid colored shirts. He looked in the mirror, frowning slightly. His dreaming had bothered him a bit. Not that the other man wasn't nice or attractive, that wasn't it at all... It was just that, for the sake of his parents, he refused to date men or to even show liking towards them. Hell, the fact that he was bisexual was the single most guarded secret he had. No one knew it. He collected himself, however, and ran a fine toothed comb through his hair. His hairstyle was that of someone from the 1940s. He got rid of any scruff on his face and then left the room, headed down the hallway.

Alex frowned a bit, crossing his arms. He sat in the chair near her, watching her. "All right, what's going on?" He tilted his head a bit, determined to get an explanation. "I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Getting dressed and running a brush through her thick curls she moved out into the kitchen staring around the kitchen before she chose a peice of bread and shoved her wallet into her back pocket. Chewing contentedly on her food she left the house picking the door shut and began walking.

Haytham was still asleep on the pull out couch, his pencils on a peice of paper that he had obviously fallen asleep sketching on. It was from a third person point of view where two soldiers had their guns pointed at each other, untrusting but a look of relisation on their faces as well as they realised that they were alone.

Rose shook her head "no way hose aye" she got up from her little blanket fortification and stomped up the stairs heading for the shower still carrying her blankets around her. Her pale green eyes were flickering with annoyance, she nearly fell back down the stairs as a memory shot through her. Falling down the stairs properly her eyes became distant, she remembered being upset and drinking heavy alcohol and waking up beside Joshua with blurred memories of them having rather drunken sex.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 12:32 pm

Thomas couldn't help but smile a little at the sleeping form. However, it did cause his ears to go a little red, reminding him of the dream, of waking up beside him. He spotted the paper and moved to look down at it, head tilted a bit. Something seemed familiar about it. One of the men bore a resemblance to himself, the other to Haytham.

Alex shot up from the chair, bolting over to help her as she fell. He knelt down helping her up, "What the hell, Rose? Seriously. Whatever is going on with you is getting worse, isn't it? Do we need to get you to a doctor?" He was truly concerned for his friend. He had no clue the things going on in her head.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 12:37 pm

There was a dog the same one from his other drawing who was at the german soldiers heels, the man who resembled haytham had a dark wary look to his features his hair cropped short. They were surrounded by corpses as well as mud and barbed wire.

The vision faded and roses face had gone that pink tinge it did when she blushed "I'd get locked up in the loony bin if a doctor knew what was happening to me" she told him she didn't bother getting up just wrapped herself in the blankets again remembering the smell and the feel of him against her. She shivered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When the Cicadas cry
Page 6 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: