The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Standardbred

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Standardbred Empty
PostSubject: Standardbred   Standardbred I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 4:39 pm

That big white brand on the side of your neck
Isn't a spot of embarrassment or even hideous, it's the sign of a friend that I can trust
Critics say that you can't canter, you were born to pace and trot. Not jump and preform impressive moves
They don't see the honest gleam in your eye, as together we try to aim higher than our own expectations, the fact that yes we can damn well jump and show everyone just how lucky I am to know you
The pillars of your breeding add, hard working, resilient, quirkiness, stamina. As with every breed there are a few who don't meet the criteria, but there are so many who do.
Your honest nature means you're often a hack, some of you well behaved enough for beginners. Some of the elite look down on you because of that brand, but they fail to understand that although their named standardbred they are anything but.
You will try, anything that you are asked to do, yet the horse community seems to not notice those of you that shine in the spotlight.
I wouldn't trade my two 'Standies' for all the top notch show horses in the world. In my heart they cannot compare to the two that have captured my spirit, hope and laughter, as others have for many other riders.
To ride you is to touch the sky, to fly, to be free of my worries and burdens, we are a part of each other, a force of nature, unstoppable. You're my best friend, and my guide through the darkness, the light that cuts through my despair and depression. Who lifts me up when I'm down.
My friend, my ally, my partner, part of my soul. Even when we part ways when your time is done, I know that we will meet again, at the rainbow bridge. Where you are made young and strong again, and we cross together.
To my beloved Standardbreds, thank you
Written by me
Back to top Go down

Standardbred
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Land of Role Play :: Writing-
Jump to: