The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

After the war...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

After the war... Empty
PostSubject: After the war...   After the war... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 4:15 pm

three years before war was declared on germany once again, a young couple were married and very much in love, when the war broke over their small country the woman Claire was spirited away whilst her husband was left untouched. As the war went on he managed to get to america whilst claire braved the ghettos, concentration camps and eventually Aushwitz. Ten years after the wars end, Claire had found herself in America, working in a small city in a grimy cafe, working long hours to afford her own small room and food to keep herself alive. To most the room was small and cramped, but for the woman sstill suffering from the effects of the camps it is heaven.
With each believing the other dead, and one having appeared to have moved on, will they ever find each other again?
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

After the war... Empty
PostSubject: Re: After the war...   After the war... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Claire had been busy serving the familiar faces, ignoring the gross comments of the man whos jeans were so far down she could see his underwear. She appeared reserved and Isolated, her hair neatly pulled back into a plait and her green eyes focused on her job, the tinkle of the bell caused her to glance up and head over to the counter. She took the pen from the place behind her ear and pulled out her messy note pad, she wore a long sleeved shirt despite the warm summers day a slight bead of perspiration on her brow. She smiled up at the customer "hi, what would you like today sir" her uniform had her name on a badge on her shirt, and despite everything she'd gone through she looked almost exactly the same. Except there was that isolation in her eyes, a few more wrinkles around them as well and a slightly gaunt appearance, her eyes flicked over the stranger. Something about him was familiar, she wasn't quite sure what, when she figured it out her hands shook and the pen dropped to the floor "y-you're alive?" she whispered in shock, her heartrate picking up pushing the adrenaline around her body faster and she quivered the fight or flight response kicking into over drive she took a step back.
Back to top Go down

After the war... Empty
PostSubject: Re: After the war...   After the war... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 7:16 pm

Daniel had managed to find a way out, find a way to escape to the states, and he had never looked back. There had never been anything to look back on. Claire had been dead, as far as he knew, and he found himself trying to build himself up from the bottom down. A lot had changed since then; he'd gotten married and he had a family now. It was nothing out of the ordinary, nothing in particular anyway as he headed into a coffee shop, intent on getting something before he headed back home. He was dressed in a pair of jeans, a t-shirt to match when he saw the ghostly familiar form. He'd never forget that face... ever. He stood at the counter with a look of shock about him as his eyes widened slightly, her reaction sealing the deal as he barely let a breath out. "Claire?" The man asked in disbelief... no... it couldn't be... could it?
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

After the war... Empty
PostSubject: Re: After the war...   After the war... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 9:28 pm

Claires mind was, well, buzzing, she found herself taking in him all at once, the ring on his finger that was different to the ones they'd shared, the wrinkles around his eyes. Him asking her name caused her to crouch down and pick up her pen straightening again she placed the pen on the counter. Memories she'd always treasured, that had helped her escape hell, her hand released the pen going to rest on her arm over the spot where her number was. Her lips quivered before she forced them to be still, her gaze still resting on the counter, "Daniel...." she murmured feeling the blood draining from her face "Is it really your or is this just another..." she hesitated "Illusion" illusion of what she'd wanted to see for years now, her wedding ring had been taken from her when she'd entered the camps. She'd never gotten it back, and there he was, he must have managed to get out of Europe before she did, and he'd moved on. Part of her was torn up over that, he'd moved on from them and had another family, that meant he'd stopped hurting over her right? That had to be good, someone else had taken him and made him feel good again, that was good right? Then why did she feel so conflicted, the empty aching feeling she normally felt was added to intense pain and relief all at once. He was alive, alive and well, alive with a family, that had to be good right?
Back to top Go down

After the war... Empty
PostSubject: Re: After the war...   After the war... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 10:04 am

There was confusion, panic, relief, worry, all clouding into one as he stared at her, a dumbfounded expression on his face as he looked at her. Her words hurt him, seeing her in such a state after discovering that she had survived all those years... "I... I thought they had killed you. Claire?" He wasn't an illusion, but he wasn't entirely convinced that she wasn't. Some had called it PTSD after being ripped away from his other life... it'd been in remission for so long, and he didn't see a reason for a sudden revival in the condition that had been labeled of 'in remission'. "I'm not an illusion, Claire." He whispered lightly as he looked at her, still in a state of shock. She had survived... he'd given up on her and thought her dead... how could he?
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

After the war... Empty
PostSubject: Re: After the war...   After the war... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 10:15 am

Claire shook her head "I survived" he claimed he wasn't a trick of her imagination, and desperate to end the vision that was hurting so much she reached out expecting her hand to pass through him. Surprise and sadness crossing over her face that had once held only laughter and light, her fingers brushed against his hand, they were cold, like she'd never properly been wormed up again after winter. She lifted the hand she'd used to touch him up to her, the hand curling up slightly to rest against her, "you are real... you're not dead... I couldn't find you after I was released from" she cut herself off, it was probably better if he didn't know what she had gone through, it would just hurt him more. She didn't have the right to do that, he belonged to somebody else now and she had no place in his life, her eyes closed and her teeth bit the inside of her cheek harshly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

After the war... Empty
PostSubject: Re: After the war...   After the war... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After the war...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: