Lost at sea, time and space

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account

PostSubject: Lost at sea, time and space   Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Killian and Skye got their hands on an ancient magical doohickey that suddenly carked into life and sent him down the worm hole of time and space and after at some point during this slip saw a TARDIS and a couple of OOD ended up finding himself in a comfortable enough apartment heavily influenced by a love f the sea. Claire has been working at the FBI for a number of years now after escaping Ices rule, coming home late one night she finds the pirate that she knows exceedingly well despite never having met him before. Finally poor innocent flower crown lamb hearted baby nathan got himself sent back in time because of the ancient magical doohickey and landed face first on skyes ship with his only belongings being what he had in his pack at the time and the clothes on his back. With the doohickey broken and in killians possession for now Ices shadows have picked up on what happened and are now searching for him and the magical doohickey.

^ said ancient magical doohickey

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:17 pm

Giving her a gentle smile, he coaxed his shadows up to perch in front of them, showing Claire images as he explained. “The sea is lots and lots of water the lies around the land. Lots of animals live in it, and people can use boats and ships to float across the water.” As he spoke, the older shadows managed to show images of the sea and his captain's boat sailing over the water, just like he'd explained. “A pirate is a person who doesn't care about the rules, and sails the sea stealing from other ships and sometimes killing people if they're forced to. I know a lady pirate who owns her own ship and commands a crew. Do you want to hear about her?” Remembering that she'd asked about horses, the shadows changed images in response to his thoughts, showing the young horses that they remembered seeing when he'd been at the farm with her. “Horses are animals that we use to ride on to take us places, and sometimes eat them if you're very very hungry.” Taking one of her hands, he freed his shirt from her grip and studied the harsh red marks on her palm. “How sore are your hands?” He wasn't quite sure the reasoning behind Ice caning the little girl, but maybe Claire would be able to tell what lies she'd been told to deserve it. “Why did she hurt you?”

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:54 pm

Watching with big round eyes she wondered what so much water would be like, the idea of floating on the water was strange but amazing at the same time. Nodding to show she understood she was silent taking in all of the information and letting it make sense in her head. Storing to memory his words about horses she very reluctantly released his shirt and let him study the marks on her hands "I wash vewy badsh, ashking toosh many queshsions, bush i can'tsh helpsh it, there'sh sho maney queshions bubbling in my head i jush HAVE to ashk dem even do i gesh punish" but she still kept asking them the litttle girl wanting to learn every thing and everything about the world. She liked this man he answered her questions and showed her things, quite comfortable where she was the pale girl stared up at th eman with her big green eyes that held so many questions and so much spirit despite what she was going through.

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:44 pm

Studying the marks, he did what he could to ease the pain, even though it wasn’t much. Letting his fingers detangle her hair, he let her snuggle back into him, still keeping a way ear out for anyone approaching the room. “You can ask me then,” he told her quietly. “You can save your questions for me, how about that? Would you want me to come back another time?” He tucked her hair behind her ear, studying her big green eyes with a trace of fondness. “Now, did you want that story? Horses or pirates, hm?” He’d stay until she fell asleep and then go visit the red mare and see what was going on with her.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:31 am

Thinking it over she decided that it was a good idea, and so nodded rather comfortable where she was "Yeash can you pleashe come back!" grinning toothily at the man when he tucked her hair behind her ears and studied her round green eyes. Nodding easily distracted when he questioned what she wanted for a story Karliah considered it quietly before finally announcing "Piwatsh" completely mangling the word in her excitement the little girl studied him carefully curious about this stranger who'd wandered into her life and had been so kind to her out of the blue. Not yet old enough to worry if it was a trick or not, the sweet thing eagerly awaited the man to tell her a story

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:52 pm

“Alright then.” Watching as some of the shadows settled down in front of them ready to show the story that he was telling, Killian thought about what story he wanted to tell. Settling on an old adventure he and his captain had done, the shadows were eager to reveal it while he spoke, entrancing the little girl until it was nearly time for him to go. Ending the story, he ruffled her hair gently. “Did you like that one?” His internal clock was telling him that the sun would soon be going down, so he nudged her off his lap gently. “Best get some sleep, little one.” Once she was asleep, he watched her a moment longer and then poofed himself out of the room. He wanted to go have a chat with Rose and see what antics Ice was up to. Finding the red mare in her dust bowl of a paddock, he ducked through the fence and wandered over to her, greeting her quietly. “How’s things, grumpyguts?”

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:26 pm

Eagerly listening to the story, the little girls green eyes were alight with excitement as the man told the story and his shadows revealed it as he spoke. Nodding and exclaiming "Yesh! Good Shtory" the girl pouted a little when she was nudged off of his lap, reluctantly clambering into bed she reached out for him. Holding onto his hand until she fell asleep, the little girl curled up tightly so she was safe in her sleep, features soon relaxing and her thumb making its way into her mouth. Rose was in the middle of trying to find something to eat when she heard the familiar voice, perking her ears she took a few steps towards him and affectionately nipped him Hungry, when are you going to get me out of this place? she demanded in her usual way wanting nothing more than to get out of this place and cease being on her own. Sick of being lonely, however she suddenly stiffened and threw her head up eyeing someone who was walking up, she backed up quite quickly despising the cold female who leant against the fence. Jet with her long black hair and pale blue eyes had a striking resemblance to her daughter.

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:16 pm

Rubbing the mare’s neck, Killian fished about for the carrots he’d brought with him, offering them to her. Some of his older shadows were busy nicking some hay from somewhere to give her something to eat. “I don’t know,” he murmured. “It’s hard enough sneaking in to find you, I can’t work out how to get you out safely yet.” He was fond of her, and wanted to get her out. Stiffening when she did, he moved away from Jet, ever wary of being caught again. He had never really been sure if she was on Ice’s side or not, but he could guess that his visits were going to have to become scarce for a while now that he’d been found out. His shadows all vanished in fear, with only Cricket and Alkira sticking by his side. He didn’t know what Jet wanted, and he wasn’t quite inclined to hang around to find out if he was going to be trapped here.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:34 pm

The cold woman seemed somewhat torn about what to do in the end she lifted both hands slightly to show her palms in a suggestion of peace. Remaining at the fence she lowered her hands slowly to rest them on the fence, she wished to speak with the man however had little idea how to explain that apart form "I would speak with you, Killian" in her usual formal way, she'd always been manipulated and hurt by ice right from day one turning her into the perfect little soldier. The only time she'd disobeyed her mother had been when she'd met someone she loved, "About my daughter" she finally added as she'd been the one to notice that someone had invaded the wards that kept the girl trapped. Thankfully Ice left maintaing those wards to jet and thus she was able to prevent Ice from finding out, dressed in black and with her black hair falling back from her pale face the woman was beautiful in the rapidly darkening outdoors.

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:06 pm

He was still wary of her, but he couldn’t sense Ice around anywhere. Very cautious about it, he moved somewhat closer, keeping a sharp eye on the woman. He wouldn’t be able to win if she decided to attack him, he’d learned that so well when he’d been trapped here. “What?” he asked bluntly, keeping very aware. She might be peaceful now, but that still didn’t mean he was going to lower his guard. Trusting that the mare would also be keeping a look out, he waited in silence for an answer, unwilling to speak more than he absolutely had to.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Pale blue eyes focused on him sharply "You visited my daughter" just as blunt she leaned against the fence musing over what to say next "You hurt her and I will hunt you down and end you" surprisingly it seemed she cared about her daughter very much. She'd always hidden it about ice, not wanting her mother to use her daughter against her, she wanted the best for Karliah but right now there was nothing that she could do. She was doign her best to counter manipulate ice into eventually lowering her guard that she might be able to get the little girl out into the world and away from this toxic place. The woman looked tired, run down, despite herself she let her cold walls down "But you didn't... Why did you visit her" realizing that she had allowed her thoughts and feelings to show jet was quite quick in becoming cold and distant again. It was getting harder, each day she missed the girls father, the only one who'd ever melted her, she hardly ever got to visit her daughter, Ice used it as a reward to keep her in line.

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:21 pm

He studied her carefully, trying to work out what her motive was. He was reluctant to tell her what had happened with him going forwards in time, but he knew that he couldn’t exactly lie to her, not about her daughter. Eventually, he worked out what he wanted to say. “I know her,” he said carefully, daring to come a little closer. It did seem that she only wanted to speak about her daughter, and he could guess that she was used to keep Jet in line and behaving. “I have no reason to hurt her.” That much was definitely true, he had no inclination to hurt if it wasn’t part of his hunts.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:44 pm

Studying him, Jet made no move to harm him when he moved closer, instead she leaned against the wooden fence, her features cold and frosty. Nodding simply when he informed her he had no reason to harm her daughter, the cold female spoke once more "Then what are you doing seeing her" for now she would be content to know just what he was doing with Karliah not why. She genuinely disliked the name that Ice had given her daughter however there had been nothing she could do, after all she belonged to iher own mother. She'd long given up of ever seeing her daughters father again, the only one who'd ever made her feel anything prior to their child, he was where Karliah got her sharp green eyes from after all. Presenting a cold facade, she awaited the assassins response, in a way she envied Killian and his semi freedom from Ice, she herself would likely never have that.

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:00 pm

Still wary of her intentions, Killian kept a relatively safe distance from the older shadow master, always wary of anyone in Ice’s facilities. Except the red mare, of course. “I wanted to,” he answered carefully, unwilling to reveal anything that he didn’t have to. He had to keep everyone safe, and he had to stay safe for his sister, and for the Claire he loved. He knew what he had to do, River had told him and Alkira everything before they’d come back, and he hated that he was going to have to leave both the young girl and the red mare behind when he finally stopped visiting. But they’d both get free. He knew that for sure, and he had to hold onto that. They were both going to be safe, and okay, and he would find them again.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Studying him intently she twitched slightly and glanced away for a few moments listening to her shadows before speaking "you should leave now, Ice is prowling this way" with that and a slight glance at rose the female left. Flattening her ears back and stamping a foot at the news of ice, rose wandered over and began chewing on his shirt leaving a nice large green stain before saying You should get going if Ice is on her way, she wont be pleased to see you nudging him, the mare wished she could go with him but knew she was forever to be stuck in this dismal place.

The next time Killian entered the little girls room, she was sitting down and drawing pictures on her concrete wall with crayon. Her mother with her pale blue eyes was clumsily drawn, as was Killian, he was given spiky hair a long black coat and two different coloured filled in circles for eyes. Next to him however was a strange orange creature that had a oval shaped body on four stick legs, a long tail, a long neck with lots of hair hanging off of it and a head with either an ear or a horn sticking out of it. Chattering away to herself in nonsense, the girls dragon was curled up beside her with its head in her lap listening contentedly

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:13 pm

Giving Jet only a slight nod as she left, Killian took a few precious moments to loosen some of the gear that was always on the mate. He did it whenever he visited her, trying to make her more comfortable while he was gone. "Eat the hay then, ginger," he told her softly. "Or she'll start getting suspicious." Bidding her farewell, he vanished, staying away from the facility for a few weeks before carefully returning. Heading to the girl's room first, he made some noise as he came into the enclosed room, making sure not to alarm her. Studying the images on the wall, he tilted his head, amused as he worked out what they were. "What are you drawing, little Claire?" he asked her gently, wandering forward to crouch beside her. "Who are these?," If she knew what Rose looked like - and that was assuming the red figure she'd drawn was Rose - then somehow she'd been out of the room, which he was glad about. It would help when she finally escaped a few more years down the track, once River had convinced her that it was the right time to go.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:59 pm

Looking up from her drawing at the noise, a welcoming smile appeared on the girls face “Hullow sh-shadow man” tilting her head as he asked what she was drawing, the little girl put down her crayon “Mummy gave me crayonsh coz I wash good!” explaining where she’d gotten the crayons from she now set to work explaining “Dish one ish you, and dish one is Mama and and dish one ish da poney” she picked up the orange crayon to stubbornly add some more orange colour to the messy drawing and then trotted over to the tall man and reached up for him. Giggling as she was lifted up, the girl clung to him, reaching up to curiously pat his scruff again, the little child held no fear of the dangerous killer,“Mama took me to meet the horsh, her name wose and she let me pat her. Nice pony but didn’t like mummy” snuggling close to the warm man she sighed and rested her head against him, her mother was always cold in temperature so something that was warm other than her dragon was a novelty. She felt safe with the male, he’d been kind to her like muma was, rather comfy there, she moved her head to watch as her dragon investigated the mans jackal. The dragon was curious and interested in the canine, rather small the dragon was the size of a big house cat, flicking its whiskers with curiosity.

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:06 pm

He gave the girl a gentle smile, picking her up and settling her close when she asked him wordlessly. “You met Rose? That’s interesting. What did she do, did she steal all the treats off you?” How he yearned to get them both free now, it pained him to watch the mare get abused and hurt more every time he returned to visit her, and Claire didn’t deserve to be stuck in the concrete room. But he couldn’t do anything, not until the child was fourteen or so, and even then it was his absence that got her free. Finding a comfy spot on her bed, he settled there with her, hugging her close to him. “Cold, sweetheart? Do you want to borrow my jacket again?” He’d have to find out if Ice ever came inside the little room, for if she did then the image of him on the girl’s wall would mean that he’d be hunted down again, for it would be clear that he’d been sneaking around. “Does Ice ever come in here? Or is it just your mama?” Keeping an eye on her shadow master, Alkira allowed the dragon to get close, not that much bigger than the creature, though she obviously had much more experience and would win any spat that the baby tried to create. But for now the usually silent jackal was content to let the winged creature inspect her and ask questions if she wanted.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Brightening up as it seemed that her bestest friend knew the pony, “Yesh! I had carrosh I shaved from dinna” as usual mangling her words without meaning too, Claire snuggled into him when he sat down and hugged her close to him. Very happy cuddled into him, she nodded liking the way the jacket felt safe and sound, looking up at him when he asked if ice came in or just her mother; the child shook her head“Jush Mama, Ice only comesh when I’ve been bad, like ashing queshsions” looking over at her dragon and the Jackal curiously before snuggling close so happy to be cuddled to a warm body. The dragon was curious but polite, it already bore scars from where it’d been ripped at by Ices shadow wolf that shared the cold womans eyes. So naturally now, it kept out of the jackals reach but close enough to sniff at it with interest bright in its eyes, soon moving out of reach it also craved the warm touch of someone. However it was aware of the grim reality that her mistress was as close to warmth as they’d both ever get, cold its dorsal stripe of fur fluffed out while it curled up on the pillow on the bed.

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:32 pm

Smiling, Killian shrugged the jacket off, tucking it around the girl’s shoulders. “There you go then. Cuddle with your dragon, she looks cold.” Allowing the pair to snuggle together, his gaze returned to the drawings on the wall, unsure of what he wanted to do with them. It would be safest to get rid of the drawing of him, but he was pretty sure that would make Claire sad. Pondering it, he paid little attention as Alkira ignored the dragon and curled up on the floor, snoozing until he was ready to go like she usually did. She’d satisfied her interest in the dragon that she already knew, so there was nothing more to capture her attention until her shadow master decided that it was time to get going. The shadow master in question was still sitting comfortably on the bed, unsure how to deal with the drawings. “Will Ice see the drawings, little one? I’ll get in trouble if she thinks that you know me.” Brushing a hand gently through her hair, he managed a fond smile at her. “Would you like another story, then? I can’t stay too long this time, I’m sorry. But I’ll come back soon.”

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:59 pm

Doing as she was told, the little girl snuggled into her dragon happy with the jacket, it smelled like the tall dark stranger and was somehwo oddly comforting. Resting her head on Rivers side, the little girl blinked over at the drawings before shaking her head "Imma good girl moshly, jush mum who comesh in, she removesh dem if grandma ish coming" explaining comfortably, the green eyed tot smiled up at the man who was so very quickly becoming her number one friend. He was so kind to her, and told such interesting stories too, new ones unlike mum who only new a few and they were mainly all the same. Having little idea what the jackal was apart from some kind of dog she hadn't done it much justice when she'd tried to draw it next to her friends portrait, admittedly curious she didn't ask any questions. Questions weren't very good, she knew enough to understand that the dog thing was her friends soul shadow just like river was hers and azazel was her mothers raven. Frowning at the thought of her mother the girl nearly missed the offer of a story, forgetting about her worries she brightened visibly "yesh pweashe!" giving a bounce on the bed and earning a dirty look from her dragon who was just starting to get warm the girl nearly jumped up to go and wrap her arms around killian again. Tucking his jacket around the dragon little Karliah toddled over to him and snuggled herself into his lap feeling safe as houses there "mumsh shad, she shaid Raiden wash gone, grandma tooked him" she didn't really understand the significance, not having the slightest clue that the man she mentioned was her father. No all her mind was focused on at this current moment was the story she'd just been promised, looking up at the mismatched eyes with glittering ones, the shadow girl waited.

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:09 pm

He relaxed a little at the news that Jet took care of the drawings, and let the child cuddle into his lap where he sat. At least he could be somewhat certain that Ice wouldn’t find out he snooped around her facilities. Wrapping his arms around her to hug her close like she seemed to want, his shadows bounced up onto the bed as well, pooling together to show her the story that he began to tell her. He wasn’t entirely sure who Raiden is, but he could hazard a guess, and he could also guess at who had taken him. It was a shame, and he despised Ice for continually ruining everyone else’s lives, but for now there was nothing he could do. He couldn’t be found by her, not with him still technically hers. Finally finishing the story, he tucked the little girl into bed with her dragon, giving her a gentle smile. “Time for sleep now, seasprite,” he told her gently. “Keep your dragon warm, I’ll try and come back soon, okay?”

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:04 pm

Happily settled she watched the story while listening to it being told, half asleep by the time he was finished, Claire didn't complain when she was tucked into bed. her dragon curled up under the covers with only its muzzle sticking out for air, the little girl reached up for him not wanting her special friend to leave her just yet. Couldn't he stay? Couldn't he take her with him? She wanted out of this room to see the things that he'd told her stories about and that her mother had read to her, her smile faded "take me too shadow man? Next time?" she didn't like being in here on her own anymore even with her mothers frequent visits. It was so boring and lonely, he was warm and told stories, someone that she admired and was fond of despite how little she'd known him for.

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:15 pm

It hurt that he couldn’t do what she asked, he wanted so much to take her away from here and give her a proper childhood. But if he did that, then he’d mess up his past and her future, and his future as well. Just thinking about it made his head hurt, and he took her hand, sitting on the edge of the bed again. “No, seasprite,” he told her softly. “It’s too dangerous right now, your grandmother would find us too easily right now.” She seemed to be about the right age to learn how to read however, so perhaps that would help with her boredom. “Next time I come, I’ll bring a present for you.” Brushing her hair off her face, he stayed until she was asleep and then left, always so careful to not be spotted by Ice. Taking his time to return, just in case, it was a few months before he managed to get back to her. This time however, he had somehow sourced a couple of easy books for her to read, his shadows keeping them nice and safe until they were needed.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:22 pm

The little girls face fell when she was told no, both small hands clasping onto his larger one, he explained that it was too dangerous that her grandmother would be able to find them too easily. A slight grimness aged her features, already well aware of what ice might do to them if they were caught, the look vanished when a present was mentioned "Okay!" she hadn't had one of those in a long time, the last time had been when she'd been able to visit the ginger horse with her mother. Settling down once more she idly rambled away, the words growing slower and more spaced out as she started to drift off asleep, and when she woke up again he was gone like a dream, wondering to herself if the man was just a dream the girl kept it to herself and waited. the few months seemed to last forever, years and years of time before he finally appeared back in her room, sitting down playing with her shadows she was making them into different small shapes. With nothing but time on her hand and picture books she'd already read a hundred times, she'd dedicated most of her time to teaching her shadows and could now make them into small shapes. One was the black shape of a horse that she was making gallop over the floor grinning to herself and chattering away to river who lay coiled up watching and listening.

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:41 pm

Poofing into the room as he usually did, the pirate watched the little girl for a couple of moments, seeing what she was doing. Perhaps he could also teach her how to use her shadows, that would likely keep her busy as well when he wasn’t around. “Hello again Claire.” Finding a place to sit, his shadows deposited the three or four books that he’d brought with him on the bed next to him. “How are you today, everything still okay?” She didn’t seem to be hurt this time, or in any sort of pain, and he was glad about that. He was going to have to check on the red mare this time too, he hadn’t done that last time, and he wanted to make sure that she was still okay. He just had to hold on to the knowledge that both of them would be free for sure.

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   

Back to top Go down

Lost at sea, time and space
Page 19 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next