HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dragons and Maidens

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

PostSubject: Dragons and Maidens   Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:16 pm

Killian is an ancient black dragon who's become to be a bit of a nuisance in the area he lives in. Renee meanwhile is stuck in an arranged marriage to the leader of the village, and is unable to escape his clutches. So she spends her days wandering the forest to free the animals from traps, and sketch.

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:41 pm

He was in a bit of trouble this time. Furious with himself, the dark dragon finished off the last of the humans around him, setting fire to them and snapping up the ones he could reach, and then struggled against the chains that were left wrapped around his body. His wings were pinned to his body, his tail caught and chained securely between two stout trees. They'd managed to trap one of his back paws, but with the others free, the ground around him was torn apart with scars and scratches from him raking his claws through it.  Thoroughly annoyed that he couldn't move his head far from where the chain was anchored, he thrashed some more, knowing full well that he'd be helpless when the next round of humans came looking for the ones he'd eaten. The chains were hurting him, the silver digging between his scales to burn his skin, and he snarled, the ground rumbling with the force of the low sound. It was his fault for trying to have a peaceful nap in the sun, he should have known better than to think the humans would forget the meal of cattle he'd had the week before. Tired from his struggles, he stopped, breathing hard as he rested for a few moments.
Suddenly scenting another human on the wind, he lifted his head as much as the silver chains and netting would allow him, sniffing at the air. A small puff of fire left his nostrils as he snorted, and he renewed his struggles, fighting in vain to get free. All his movements did was make the chains tighten around him, and he became exhausted, letting his head rest on the ground with a soft thud. The scent came again, stronger this time, and he lifted his top lip in a silent snarl, baring his teeth. He knew he was going to be killed, it was all the humans wanted to do to him, but he wasn't going to go down without a fight. The sharp pain in his right wing was ignored, deemed unimportant for now. If he even survived this, he would deal with that issue later.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:48 pm

Having escaped her family for now the girl had dartedthrough the forest eventually coming back to a walk. Sore and tired she follwed one of the many forest trails soon coming upon the huge dragon, gasping a little and backing up quietly she dropped the satchel she'd been hugging to herself. The poor thing, he was trapped in silver chains that looked like they burned him, there was a huge gash on his wing the white flash of bone visible amidst the blood. Blue eyes took in the mass confusion of the dead scorched human corpses, feeling sick at the stench of the bodies she swallowed hard wanting to free the great beast from his confines as she often set the various animals she found in the forest free of the traps and snares that her husband and the other warriors set. She'd heard in stories that dragons were supposed to be deadly and highly intelligence and so squeaked "p-p-please d-don't h-hurt me! I-I-I um can get you out of those ch-ch-chai-chains" stuttering out of the fear and anxiety that always plagued her she held still staring at her fallen satchel

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:15 pm

A large sea green eye flicked open at the footsteps, watching her warily. He was exhausted, too exhausted to try and fight the new threat. He gave a low snarl, lifting his head to shake it, trying to rid himself of the net looped over his spikes. He snorted, a few tongues of fire setting a tree on flames. He wanted to lash his tail, but it was tangled tightly, and he snarled again. At her stammering, he pulled at the chains again, scraping at the ground in frustration. Tiring once more, he let his head drop to the ground with a thud, watching her again. He could smell the fear coming off her, and knew that it would only be a matter of time before the other humans in the hunting party came for him, following her. She was only a distraction.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:52 pm

She openly flinched at the snarl, stepping back timidly as a tree was set ablaze, should she go? Maybe he didn't wnat her here "S-sorry, I'll go Mister" she whispered, scrabbling around she picked up the satchel, not paying close enough attention she'd picked it up upside down and the contents of the bag littered the forest ground. Shaking a little she bent down and began hastily picking up the pieces of paper that had fluttered out, the gentle wind picked up one and chased it over towards the dragon. Her pencils had landed in mud along with her eraser and sharpener, almost in tears of frustration she struggled to collect everything, managing to wipe the pencils clean with a hanky she abandoned the eraser to the mud, just as she picked up the eraser she noticed the paper being blown towards the dragon. Dropping it, and with her satchel slung over her shoulder she darted after it not thinking

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:09 pm

This was a strange human to be bait. He eyed her, watching her warily, and the tip of his tail flicked against the ground. The piece of paper spooked him slightly, making him flinch slightly, the movement tightening the chains around him. He growled softly again, one talon pinning the paper to the ground. He debated tearing it, but instead just kept it still, watching her scurry after the paper. Maybe she’d let him go if he gave her the page, though why she wanted it, he didn’t know. He tried to lift his head again, fire rumbling in his belly as his temper threatened to break. He wanted out of the chains, and he didn’t care how it happened. Now came the issue of getting her to understand that. He wasn’t in the mood for talk. With a soft snort, he tossed his head enough that the netting rested over the page, and then waited, wondering if she was as dumb as the other humans, or marginally smarter.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:32 pm

Skidding to a halt she stared up at him when he pinned the paper under one of his huge paws, staring at him she hesitantly guessed that he wanted out after all. "um o-okay, I'll try to, to um get those chains off of you" she hesitantly walked around him and ended up having to climb up onto him to unhook the chains from his various spikes. She was quiet and apologized alot, getting to his wings she gasped, able to see the damage done to him up close "I-i'm sorry that looks awful" she whispered to him before struggling and managing t opull the last of the chains off of him. Landing hard upon the ground she yelped in pain before getting half squashed underneath thecians

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:42 pm

He stayed still for her, unwilling to draw other humans closer. With the dreaded chains finally gone, he shook his head, finally flicking his tail like he enjoyed doing. With her back on the ground, he stretched his wings out, a soft growl escaping him at the pain in his wing. It looked like he wasn’t going to be flying for a while now. Giving a wide yawn, he lowered his head to rest it on the ground beside her, eyeing her out of a smoke grey eye. He gave a soft snort, taking in her scent before lifting his foot, releasing her precious piece of paper. He shook himself slightly, eyeing the bodies around them, and snapped another couple up, hungry still. Wasn’t any use in wasting food. At least she was quiet, the screams of humans irritating his ears.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:53 pm

His paw lifted freeing her drawing, scrambling out from underneath the chains she pounced on the paper and worriedly looked it over sighing with obvious relief when it appeared to be okay. Tucking it into her satchel after smoothing out the wrinkles she silently watched the black beast devour the unrecognizeable humans. Perhaps she'd be more upset ifi she could recognize them.However it wasn't like she had agreat trust of men in the first place, looking up at his wing again she wondered if there was anything she could do to help. Shaking her head at her stupidity she silently cowed herself, "goo-goodbye then" the timid thing whispered guessing the beatwould wanthergone

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:03 pm

He flicked his tail in front of her, cutting her off. He wanted to study her further. She was an interesting human, very different to the others he’d encountered. Circling around her so that she couldn’t go anywhere without having to climb over him, he blinked at her curiously. Timid, for a hunter, aren’t you? He sniffed at her, then yawned again, not at all worried if he was scaring her. He nosed her bag, wondering what else there was inside it, before he heard something and lifted his head, wary of being trapped again. He needed to hide the silver chains before the humans could catch him again. Perhaps the timid girl would be able to carry them for him, so he wouldn’t have to touch them again.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:13 pm

Visibly jumping when the large tail flicked in front of her, blocking her escape renee swallowed silently begging that if he was going to eat herh that it'd be a quick death. He curled his large black body around her so there was no way for her to escape his clutches. A low baritone voice sounded in her head, causing the timid girl to spin around and stare up at his scaley features, flinching when he nosed her bag, what did he want from her? She'd set him free from the chains and had honestly expected him to leave and for her to have to return home befre her husband figured out that she was gone. A noise caused the dragon to lift his large head and look around, hugging her bag to herself which was the closest comfort she got these days she chewed on her lip wondering what was going to happen to her what did he want

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:22 pm

Deciding that the noise was too close for comfort, he picked the girl up by the scruff of her dress, lifting his head high to work out where he was going. Leaving the chains for now, he moved swiftly through the undergrowth, leaving a surprisingly small trail for a dragon of his size. Grunting with each step that hurt his wing, he retreated to his ground den, the trees and bushes springing back into place behind him to keep it hidden. Confident that she wouldn’t be able to find her way out, he dropped the girl on the ground, and curled at the entrance, watching her curiously. His injured wing was stretched out, hot blood dripping to burn the grass that was able to grow in his home. The wound hurt, and he was fairly sure that the bone was fractured, if not broken. It was unfortunate that he couldn’t do anything about it, but the girl had nimble hands. He lowered his head, resting it on his paws, and watched her closely, wondering about her. Very timid little hunter.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:29 pm

A frightened hoarse scream emitted from her, it wasn't loud as her voice was already hoarse from the night before. Dangling there helplessly she flailed a little and was left clinging to her satchel frightened gasps leaving her, struggling to breathe she was unkindly dropped down all of a sudden, she'd been too scared to notice where he'd taken her. Landing awkwardly and feeling pain flare in her ankle she stayed where she'd been dropped her hands making their way down to grip the throbbing joint. His voice sounded again, "F-Forgive me Mister, b-but I'm not a h-hunter, I-i'm not anything useful or important at all" it was clear she fully believed the words she spoke, blue eyes looked at the wing that was stretched out on the ground in dismay, it looked painful what had been done and she could guess that it was fractured if not properly broken and would likely need medical assistance to heal. She knew a bit about healing, she'd been taught abit in order to tend to her husband if something happened but mostly used her knowledge to heal the animals she found trapped by hunters wily traps.

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:43 pm

He snorted softly, giving a slow blink. Humans keep close eyes on their mates, female. He sighed deeply, flicking his tail slightly. It was the only sign of pain that the huge old dragon let himself show, though it could easily be mistaken for impatience or boredom. There were so many things a tail flick could mean. Sometimes he just did it for the fun of it. He looked over at his wing a moment, giving the painful wound a lick with his long tongue. It hurt, more than he liked, and he eyed the girl again. What do you know about bones, little human?

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:52 pm

She shook her head "Most do mister, I don't want to be his mate. He only wants me for passing on his line" her words were soft and whispered. Her gaze flicked from her ankle to his features, scared and sore, but that was nothing new she was used to that she could deal with the pain. He licked his wing, and looked back at her before asking a question "b-Bones? um I know how to set them so they heal right" she learnt that one when her arm had been broken and she hadn't been allowed to go to the doctor and get it properly seen to. "d-do you want me to t-t-t-takea look mr?" she queried quietly, hand still clamped down on her ankle

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:00 pm

The line is important to pass on, he murmured, almost to himself, thinking of his own line that would end with him. Pushing that train of thought away, he shifted slightly, settling his wing closer to the ground, making it easier for her to get to it. The burns from the chains were hurting, welts and cuts obvious all over his body, but he ignored them for now. He was too big for small burns to bother him for too long. A quick swim in the lake would soon fix them. With a soft sound, he settled his other wing closer to his body comfortably, content for now to let her work on his wing. It was the worst of the injuries that the hunters had inflicted on him, and he wasn't quite sure how they'd managed to break the joint. The small cuts and slices in the membranes didn't worry him just yet, they were only minor and would heal quickly enough. Be quick about it. Your mate will start to look for you if you do not return. And while humans are tasty, I do not wish to be chained for the third time this week. He needed to be able to fly, it was the only way he was able to feel free now. Especially with the three silver shackles on his tail and wings that he hadn’t been able to shake yet. Reminded, he nosed at the one on the end of his tail, teeth scratching against the metal in vain to get it off. The scales underneath the shackles had long fallen off, with more refusing to grow back. It only made the skin underneath raw and painful, moving on the tender spots with every movement that he made. He'd had to get used to the pain, learning over the long centuries how to block the pain out, but that didn't mean that it had stopped hurting. He was just accepting of the fact that they would never be gone, and so he would never be able to reach his full power. At least he wasn’t hungry now, that was a bonus.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:44 pm

Picking through her satchel she found some water in a bottle that she used to clean the wound along with a clean rag. Setting the bone as best she could and attaching a splint she sighed shaking her head and wishing that she could do more with it. Clambering back down and wiping her hands free of the hot scalding blood as best she could and ending up with several burns on her fingers from it the young woman murmured "I wish i could do more, but I don't have any real training" everything she knew had come from her own experiences. Keeping what weight she could off of her ankle renee managed to find a smile for him "I'll come find you to check on it, no flying for about a month, perhaps less if you're lucky enough to heal fast" it wasn't a serious break after all.

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:50 pm

He shifted slightly at the feel of her touching him, unused to gentle human hands. Humans had always hurt him, but he kept his impulse to knock her away under control for now. She’d helped him, he owed her his life. Carefully tucking the injured wing away, he eyed the slashes and cuts in the touch membranes before turning his large head in her direction. I owe you my life, he finally murmured, somewhat unwillingly. It was never good to be in debt, especially to a human, but he had no choice. If she hadn’t come along, he would have been killed by the next hunting party. Flicking the tip of his tail slightly, the silver manacle catching the light, he considered his options. He’d have to get her to leave eventually, unless he wanted to be accused of stealing her as well as eating their stock. He gave a soft sigh, a puff of smoke spiralling up to the roof of the enormous cave that he lived in most of the time. You should return before your mate starts to hunt me again. You’ll be able to find me in the clearing. Picking her up more gently this time, he carried her back to the clearing, swiping his tail around to push the last of the corpses away before he set her down gently.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:15 pm

Renee merely shrugged, clearly she didn't feel that he owed her anything, her eye caught by the shiny silver manacle that was dented and scratched from time and abuse. Nodding rather reluctantly when he decided she should return home she gasped a little as she was picked up, still not exactly used to the feeling of dangling through the air. Closing her eyes as she was carried her arms cuddled her satchel to herself despite the fact it was slung over her shoulder. Openinig her eyes as she was set down the timid thing looked up at the mighty dragon "Thank you" she murmured, he didn't have to bring her back here and it meant she could return before her husband figured out she'd left. Swallowing hard as the smell of singed burnt meat sill lingered in the air Renee took a step backward "I'll find you again when your wing needs to be checked, keep the wound clean mister dragon" tucking a strand of hair behind an ear she turned and hurried off

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:21 pm

He watched her go carefully, making sure that she wasn’t going to turn around and lead a hunting party back to him, then retreated to his cave again, climbing up the almost sheer cliff to get to the top of his lair. It was high and open to the sky, allowing him to be able to dream he was free. Nosing the splint curiously, he gave a soft snarl as the movement made it hurt, and simply curled where he was, closing his eyes to sleep the pain away. It was the only thing he could really do now. He’d meet the little human in the next few days, since she seemed to think it was necessary.
A couple of days later, he was napping in the clearing again, confident enough about scaring any curious humans away if he had to. He’d done his best to keep his wing still, but it still hurt, and he was getting sick of it. He wanted to fly. Irritated, he snorted, sending a plume of smoke into the air, just like a campfire’s smoke. He moved to the river that was nearby, his tail twisting through the trees like a black snake, and took a long drink, keeping an ear out for any footsteps that might be coming closer.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:27 pm

Renee had gone out of her way to be good, and now he'd gone leaving her with time to head out into the forest. Hurrying out and smiling to herself once she was amongst the wild life again it was all so drawable. Slowing to a walk and beginning to hum to herself, the puff of smoke rising over the trees from aa while away caught her interest. That was probably the black dragon, he needed to have that wing looked at again, so against the better judgement of anyone else in the village she headed towards it and frowned he wasn't there. Picking up some of his tracks especially the large one from his tail she followed them to the river and came to a halt seeing him there wishing she could get her drawing things out and draw him. He'd be such a good subject to draw she'd never had a live dragon that she could sketch down "um, H-hello?" as usal she was unable to hide the definite timid tone to her voice.

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:14 pm

Hearing the footsteps, he turned his head towards her, water dripping from his muzzle. He snorted softly, a burst of fire coming from his nostrils this time, and curled his tail around him, keeping it out of danger of being discovered for the moment. So you’re back, little hunter. He blinked once, lowering his head to sniff at her carefully. He didn’t move the rest of his body, massive enough that he barely needed to. It wasn’t hard to see how the hunters kept finding him, he left a very noticeable trail through the forest that he rarely tried to hide. Interesting that you’re back, not scared of me? He shifted his wing, the pain still there, but simply pushed to the back of his mind.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:35 pm

She started a little when a burst of fire escaped his nose, managing to swallow and trying to calm her rapidly beating heart. Appearing confused when he spoke she didn't argue, she wasn't a hunter though, unable to help but cringe a little as his head moved over towards her and sniffed her. She couldn't help but be a little frightened of him, he was so huge and she was well nothing, "W-well" always tell the truth, not doing so was enough for her to endure punishment, rigorous punishment. "I am s-scared of yo-you sir" swallowing again and hugging her bag to her chest trying to ignore the hammering of her heart "B-but" please dont' hurt her for this... "Bu-but um, i'm um sc-scared of human men as well" she couldn't control her stuttering. Taking a long calming breath she managed to add "Y-your wing ne-needs to be checked on again" she'd brought a couple of things from home and was hoping to make a bit of a better splint for his wing

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:40 pm

He snorted softly, amused at her honesty. Being scared of a dragon is usually the best plan. He curled around in the clearing, flicking his tail behind her, just in case. She’d be useful as a bargaining chip if he absolutely needed it. If you must, then. Giving a wide yawn, he lowered his injured wing towards her, resting it tentatively on the ground so that she could get to work. Putting his head on the ground, he blinked lazily, watching her out of half closed eyes. Go on.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:00 pm

Glancing behind her as he blocked off any escape she took a deep breath trying to calm herself as much as she could. Watching the injured wing lower to the ground she moved over to it, her small hands gently running over the wound, she removed the hastily made splint she'd created before and replaced it with one that would do the job better. "The, um, the scales are healing well, the bone will still reqire time though sir" binding the wing as best as she could she sat back and admired her handy work before moving away from him and sitting down. Keeping an eye on him she picked out her sketch pad and flipped to a new page beginning to quietly sketch him, she'd always wanted to draw a dragon up close so this was an amazing oppurtunity for her

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   

Back to top Go down

Dragons and Maidens
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next