Share | 

Dragons and Maidens

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

PostSubject: Dragons and Maidens   Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Killian is an ancient black dragon who's become to be a bit of a nuisance in the area he lives in. Renee meanwhile is stuck in an arranged marriage to the leader of the village, and is unable to escape his clutches. So she spends her days wandering the forest to free the animals from traps, and sketch.

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:49 pm

He kept an eye on her, confident that she wasn’t going to be able to escape, but there were always other ways that he could be trapped. Yawning again as she finished, he snorted, plumes of smoke drifting through the air. Quiet little hunter, aren’t you. Do you call every dragon you meet ‘sir’? He tucked his wing back where it belonged, baring his sharp teeth in pain before it settled back to being more bearable again. Seeing her beginning to draw caught his interest, and he lifted his head to snake his neck over to her, peering at the page. Strange for a human to be sensitive enough to draw like that.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:28 pm

She didn't respond to his first question for a while, before feeling like she should or he might eat her replied "Men are Sir" her voice was quiet and perhaps alluded to her situation. Flinching a little as the beast snaked his head over and inspected her she half waited for something to happen as drawing was really not allowed, instead he almost complimented her causing the blue eyed lass to look up at him in surprise. "p-Pardon? I um, ah, don't understand" what did he mean sensitive enough to draw like that, like what? Was drawing him not okay? "S-s-sorry I'll st-stop" Renee murmured flipping the sketch pad closed hiding away the barely started sketch. Looking down quietly she fiddled with the edge of the paper, needing something to do.

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:35 am

He snorted slightly, stretching his front legs out and raking his claws through the dirt before he settled again. Last time I checked, little hunter, I wasn’t a man. Not for a long time. Resting his head on the ground again, he blinked at her. I never said stop, did I? Come. Getting up, he uncurled himself, stretching his limbs and began to make his way back to his cave. She’d already seen it once. Not bothering to look back and see if she was following, he nosed the stray leaves away from his sunning spot, and curled there with a sigh of relief, still watching her. They’re not brave enough to come here.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:41 pm

Unable to look up at him Renee quietly listened to him, the comment about not telling her to stop was surprising. He got up and after stretching himself beginning to walk away, getting up onto her feet she hurriedly followed him deciding she'd rather be scared with the dragon then scared back at the village. Finding herself at his cave again Renee looked up at him, as he informed her that the men she feared were not brave enough to turn up here. Wanting to find a sunny spot to draw, she hesitated the only warm spot was where the dragon was curled up, trying to push through the anxiety and fear, Renee tentatively inched over to where he was and sat down looking up at him in slight worry when she brushed against the warm black scales. taking out the battered sketch pad she continued the dragon sketch of him she'd started before

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:15 am

Ignoring her now, the dragon twisted his head, chewing at the silver manacle on his wing. It was annoying him, and he wanted them off, but that wasn’t possible. Giving up again after a while, he sighed and rested his head on the ground, shutting his eyes. The little human wasn’t going to go anywhere, which meant that he could have a nice snooze in the sun. It didn’t bother him that she was drawing him, it was a much better alternative to being hunted. He wasn’t going to tell her to stop.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:10 am

Once she was in the forest she picked up her speed into a swift run lightly picking her way through the faint trails of the forest until she came to the familiar clearing. Her face brightening into a smile as she saw the now familiar large black dragon, over the past months he'd become a friend of hers, and instead of feeling scared around him she felt safe. "Hello! were you waiting long?" her voice was as ever quiet and respectful, but there was a look of trust to her features. Moving over to him she as usual managed to clamber up onto one of his large paws, taking a seat she took out her sketch pad and began drawing this time trying to get the look of his scales right

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:44 am

Hearing the now familiar light steps of the little human in his dreams, the huge old dragon shook himself awake, lifting his head as she entered their clearing. Blowing out a gentle stream of warm air at her, he brushed his nose lightly over her head in greeting. No, just napping little one. Giving a yawn, he settled himself better on the ground, making sure that she wasn't going to fall off, and rested his head down again, watching her draw. Are you alright? He was so tempted to destroy the village for hurting her, but so far she'd convinced him not to.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:25 am

Giggling when the warm air tickled her skin, she smiled up at him when he greeted her with a gentle brush of his nose. Settled down his question made her look up "Yes i'm alright, After reading a book called matilda i came up with some ways to get back at them" tucking her hair back behind her ears she grinned up at him an almost cheeky twinkle in her eyes for a moment "I accidentally added a heavy laxative to my husbands coffee this morning, he'll have a fun day at his friends place" if he blamed her she would easily just go into her shocked, shy subdued self that would never dare to do something like that to him for fear of punishment. Her time with the dragon had given her courage, if she could befriend such a large fearsome beast then she could outwit her large lumbering spouse

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:30 am

He snorted in amusement, a brief burst of flame rising in the air. Be careful, little one. He shifted about again, the silver still on him particularly uncomfortable today, and began to chew at the shackle around his tail. Going quiet, he finally rested his head on the ground next to his paw, watching her out on one huge eye before closing it, and dozing off. He liked her company, which surprised him, and was thinking of going flying with her at some point now that his wing was all nicely healed and back to normal. Afraid of heights, little hunter?

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:52 pm

Looking up at him as he moved and began chewing at the shackle around his tail, the young woman had started to stand wanting to go over to see if she could remove the heavy silver that restricted the huge black dragon. Starting at the question she looked up at him and replied in her quiet manner "I don't know, i've never been very high before" slipping off his paw she edged over to the shackle studying it and wondering how she could get it off of him. "It needs a key, um three of them, where can we find them?" it was an innocent question the girl just wanting to help out

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:57 pm

He gave a sigh, abandoning the shackle. He knew full well that he'd never be getting it off, nor the two that were on his wings. Nowhere that you can go, he eventually answered softly. He'd just have to deal with the pain. Nosing her back gently, he nudged towards where his neck met his body. Sit there. Hold on tight to the spikes. when she had, he got to his feet, stretching his massive wings out to leap into the air, climbing high into the sky before levelling out and cruising.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:43 pm

Obeying his gentle nudges she clambered up to where he told her to sit and held on very tight to one of the spikes unsure of what was going to happen. Squeaking as he got up and stretched out his wings she tightened her grip closing her eyes until they were up in the air. Looking around her face brightened "Wow, its beautiful up here” a little worried that she might fall she continued to hold onto the spike as if it were a matter of life and death. She couldn't help but wonder if this was what it was like for birds to fly, she would envy them all the more after this, it felt so free up here. “Thank you Killian” she murmured staring out over the country side in awe. She was so lucky to for one not be eaten but two to have such a friend, she loved the dragon dearly he was the only friend she had in the world. Feeling safe with him despite being so high up she mentally tried to remember everything so that she'd be able to draw it later, “Weeee” she giggled entire face brightening “This is fun!” quite safe onn the massive dragons back it didn't occur to her that such a big beast would be able to be seen for miles around and that there was a possibility that the cruel woman who had put the silver shackles on her friend in the first place would hear about his location. “How do you ever land when its so marvellous up here?” she asked the black scaled fire breather, she supposed that finding food and resting took up a big portion of his time, but still t was lovely

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:59 pm

Soft laughter rang in her mind as he climbed higher, taking her through a few clouds to hide from the humans on the ground. He was well aware that what he was doing was dangerous, but he'd developed a soft spot for the timid human. Using his tail to steer, he tilted his wings to change direction, taking her over the lake he often liked to swim in. Maybe he'd take her there someday too. I have to eat sometimes, hunter, he finally said, answering her question with a half truth. The real truth was that if he flew, he'd be seen, and most likely end up being captured again. But that would be worth it because of what he'd been able to give the young woman. I won't let you fall, it's alright. He needed to keep her safe, maybe one day she'd be able to help him get the silver shackles off him at last. Eventually knowing that he had to land or risk being spotted even more, he circled back around, landing in a spot that was well away from his den just in case. Happy to let her stay riding him, he made his careful way back to his cave, and curled up again with a sigh. That flight would last him a while, probably a few years before he felt the urge to go have another one.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:31 pm

A smile tugged onto her lips at the laughter that rang in her head, he rarely laughed so hearing him do so was quite pleasant for her, squeaking as the soft fluffy clouds drenched her with water when he slipped up to cruise above them the ground seeming thousands of kilometers below them. Tensing a little when he changed direction she kept holding on very tightly the natural instinct of self preservation making her a little nervous, looking out over the lake however she soon relaxed again. She had to take in as much as she could so she could do a birds eye view of this later, as he explained that he did need to eat, Renee giggled “You must need to eat alot” blushing somewhat realizing what she'd said could come across as rude she added “because you're so big, but not in a bad way!” finding that she was just digging herself a deeper hole she fell silent rather red now. He added that he wouldn't let her fall to which the blue eyed girl nodded “I know, I trust you” most would likely call her an idiot or a fool for trusting the big black beast, but it was true she did trust him after all he'd had so many oppurtunites to eat her or hurt her and he hadn't. If anything he was giving her the ride of a life time, loosing track of how long they'd been up in the air she naturally tightened her grip again as they began circling slowly and carefully landing. Back on the earth once more he seemed content to let her ride there as he began the long trek back to where his well hidden cave was, when they arrived he curled up in the sun and gave a soft sigh. Carefully, Renee climbed down and moved around to where he'd tucked his large head, almost shy, the girl kissed one of the many black cheek scales and murmured “Thank you, that was wonderful” quiet and sincere she beamed up at him before settling down next to him starting to draw the things she'd seen whilst riding him eager to get them onto paper before her memory failed her.

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:50 am

Having enjoyed the flight, and glad that she’d enjoyed it as well, he snorted softly at her, blowing hot air through her thick hair. Her comments on the flight had amused him, and he answered them now. I do. Usually in bursts every couple of weeks. If he found a food meal, he was quite often to be found guarding it day and night so that he could take ful advantage of the meat. Content when she settled down next to him, he flicked his tail around himself and curled up, rather like a huge cat. She was tucked in the middle of his coils, making sure that she was safe from harm. Closing his eyes, he dozed off, the sun warm enough to make him quite lazy. It was a few hours before h woke again, the movement of the sun alerting him to the time. Nosing her gently, he uncoiled himself, stretching and yawning widely. His sharp teeth glinting in the late afternoon sun. You should return, hunter. Before they find you gone, and come after me. As much as he didn’t like her being in the human village, he had no real plan of how to get her out safely, and she seemed terrified of him coming near the village at all. So he was just biding his time, waiting until it was alright for him to take her to somewhere more safe. Be careful, little one. He nosed her shoulder gently, almost affectionately in farewell.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:00 am

Giggling when hot air ruffled her hair as the big black dragon snorted, listening to him answer the questions that had spilled out of her, renee paid close attention to what was being said. Barely glancing up from her sketch pad when he curled himself around her and flicked his long tail aroud as well, the timid human continued to sketch, feeling safe from harm and pleasantly warm. Listening to the big beast snore lightly as he dozed a smile appeared, content where she was, renee sketched for several hours until Killian awoke and uncurled himself from around her. Unable to help the little giggle when she was nudged, the artist watched the dragon stretch his large frame luxiriously before yawning revealing his large ivory hued fangs. Her smile faded a little when he announced she should be returning to the village, Renee reluctantly slipped her items into the old faithful sketchpad and nodded. But he was right, it wouldn't be right to get him caught due to her being selfish and wanting to stay with him, hugging his muzzle when Killian nudged her shoulder in farewell, the girl pressed another kiss to his scales “Thank you for the ride, it was perfect” wantign desperately to stay with him as the dragon was the safest person she knew, Renee reluctantly let him go and waved beginning the trek back to the village, would escape be so easy that she packed her things and went to him asking him to take her far away? No no it wouldn't she would never be free of her husband and the others, she was lucky enough to have somewhere and someone to go to thtat was safe and sound.

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:06 pm

It had been a few days since her last, but she’d eventually come back. Smelling the blood on her, he snorted in anger, fully prepared to go and burn down the village. What did he do? The huge black beast’s tail flicked with anger, furious that her mate had hurt her again. It was too much, she wouldn’t be able to take much more. Come with me this time. I’ll keep you safe from them all. He didn’t question his longing to keep her safe from harm, simply following his instincts. It was probably high time he left this place anyway. He’d lived around here for a century or two, time to move on before he got trapped again. Trying not to let his anger colour his voice, he rested his head on the ground near her, studying her intently. He hurts you too much. Leave him. Get what you need from your nest, and come with me. They’d be hunted for a while, and he knew that his old captor had been supplying the village with silver to try and catch him, but those dangers were pushed away in favour of keeping her safe. He’d come with her to the village and take her away from there directly. He didn’t care that he’d be seen, or that he might get hurt. He was too big for most wounds to do more than just irritate him. Come, little hunter.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:48 pm

She'd been in so much trouble, she'd not thought and had told one of her husbands friends to get his hands off of her, the punishment had not been worth it. Standing there before the dragon, favouring one leg and with a stunning pair of black eyes she avoided his eyes as much as she could feeling in trouble a second time although she knew he was angry at her husband not her. “Just the usual” tears had begun to stream down her face, everything hurt, it was getting to be too much for her. Wanting to give into the idea of dying she almost missed her friends suggestion, starting in surprise and looking up at him, her mouth opened with shock “Okay” the word was pulled from her, she trusted the black dragon to be able to keep her safe. He was so big and strong after all he could just sit on her husband and his disgusting cronies, watching killian lay his head down and study her with one large eye, renee nodded in agreement as he spoke again “Okay, I'll leave him and stay with you” he was the safest thing she knew, walking over to her head she petted his snout with a timid but trusting hand. His next words made her frown, it sounded like he planned to come to the village, shaking her head out of worry for his own safety Renee suggested softly “I'll go back to the village and pack my things” what little things she had anyway “and I'll meet you in the big clearing where we first met tonight” stroking the pitch black scales carefully she smiled sweetly at him “I'll see you tonight” it was to be a full moon which would help her see her way through the forest to the clearing. Pressing a quiet kiss to his muzzle the timid girl turned and limped her way back through to the isolated village, that night she never showed up in the clearing, instead a little girl of about seven was sent through the dark forest with a message for the great beast. Trembling the girl that had been picked because of her resemblance to renee spoke “Renee has been taken by Ice, if you want to see her alive you must journey to the folorn ruins and offer yourself to her, once you are chained and muzzled renee will be returned to her village where she belongs” the girls voice revealed her fear and how cold she was shivering in the cool night air.

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:49 pm

He disliked that she wanted him to stay hidden, but he obeyed her, staying in his cave until the moon had risen enough for her to be able to see her way through the dark forest. Waiting patiently in the shadows of the trees, the wind brought a scent to him. It wasn’t her, and he growled softly, already unhappy. He stayed hidden as the young girl spoke, and her words finally drew him out of the shadows, intentionally being as terrifying as he could. Furious at the blackmailing, he roared, uncurling himself to his full size around the clearing, surrounding the girl completely. Spreading his wings, he roared again, sending fire through the forest without a care for what he was doing. Which is your house, small hunter? His large eyes were shining with anger, his voice low and dark. Readying himself to take off, he waited for her answer before leaping into the sky, heading towards the village. Determined to make them pay for hurting Renee, he set the village on fire, leaving only the young girl’s house untouched. He understood that she’d been ordered to give him the message, it wasn’t her fault that he was being forced to give himself up. That didn’t make him any less angry about it. The full moon’s light shone on his dark scales, and his size obscured the stars as he flew. Determined, he set fire to the fields and herds of cattle, then proceeded to burn up much of the forest as well. They would learn why it was wise not to anger a dragon, especially one as old as he was. Setting panic amongst the villagers as he continued to breathe fire on the village, he finally turned away, heading for the forlorn ruins like he’d been told. He wasn’t looking forward to being chained again, but he could bear Ice’s cruelty. Renee wouldn’t be able to. He refused to land at the ruins however, wary of it being a trap, and instead hovered above them, his long tail hanging down close to the ground as he surveyed the area.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:40 am

At the entrance waiting for him was a handsome young man with dark brown eyes, in his arms was a small baby dragon not even a foot long not counting the tail. She was a dark blue with familiar eyes, struggling in the males grip she emitted a lot of smoke instead of fire, “Here she is, Land and she will be let go, any funny business and she dies instantly” his voice was smooth and arrogant, tightening his hold on the tiny blue dragon the creature shivered and went still scared of the man holding her. The man was her husband, and he was particularly looking forward to chaining the big black snake, sure he was going to loose his wife but Ice had promised him a better one, one that cooked and cleaned better and would satisfy his lust better. The blue dragon reconized her big black friend and called out to him, words manefesting in his head as she did so 'Killian! Wait what are you doing here? Go before you're trapped and chained!' worry for the beast made the small thing struggle even more, getting told off by the man who held her she whimpered and went still. Only once the big dragon had landed was Renee set down, scrambling over to him and tripping over her own paws she leapt up onto one of his great paws nuzzling him. Her small wings instead of being batlike were feathered in dark blue hues. Her husband didn't pause and began chaining the big black beast starting with a muzzle, the rest would follow along shortly, he could guess that the dragon would tell the hatchling to go and so showed no interest towards it.

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:39 am

Spotting the man, Killian hissed in fury, refusing to land. He circled around once or twice, setting fire to the surrounding forest in annoyance, but he knew he had no choice. Finally landing, he bared his sharp teeth at the man, his tail flicking in anger. He could so easily kill him, but that would only get Renee hurt. Nuzzling the tiny dragon as she came over to him, he nudged her away. Go, little hunter, he murmured, keeping an eye on the man now that he had silver in his hands. Be careful of Ice. Hating the feel of the muzzle, he reared his head up in protest, shaking it to try and get the painful metal off. Failing, he huffed and sent a stream of fire out from his nose. He made it more than a little difficult for the man to chain the rest of him, constantly shifting about, and having one or the other wing half open. It wasn’t enough to be anything more than annoying, though. He knew how far he could push the limits before Renee would be in danger.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Wanting to stay with the black scaley beast she struggled when she was nudged away 'No I want to stay with you! I'm sorry I got taken and got you captured' watching with pain in her gaze as her friend was muzzled the hatchling fluffed out the feathers on her wings in an attempt to look bigger and scurried over to theman who was starting to bind killians wings. Sinking her teeth into his leg she growled softly, being turned into a dragon had given her a new sense of courage, the man turned and whacked her sending her rolling. Growling sttill although not as spiritedly as she had before, it took a cold look from the man before her courage failed her and she fled, still terrified of the man who'd made her life hell. Soon enough the dragon was chained and subdued, lead into the huge ancient fortress hidden inside the mountain big enough for killian ten times over, he was put in a room that was claustrophobically small and left with no light.

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:04 pm

Ignoring Renee, hoping that she’d leave before Ice changed her mind, Killian kept a low rumbling growl going, furious at the man. Flicking his wings occasionally to try and keep them unbound, it still wasn’t long before he was subdued, and he followed the man grumpily into the dark fortress. Disliking the small confines of the pit-like room, he circled around it a few times, trying to convince himself that it wasn’t as small as it felt. He was barely able to fit in the room, however, and finally he just settled, curled in a small ball to avoid touching the walls. With the door in the roof, and his wing bound tightly to his body, he wasn’t going to be able to get out in a hurry. The silver chains were already burning him, and he scratched at the muzzle, wanting it more than anything else gone. Knowing that he probably wouldn’t ever be free again, he gave a disheartened sigh and shut his eyes. At least Renee would be alright now. Hopefully she’d stay away from here, where Ice wouldn’t be tempted to catch her again.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:12 pm

It was hard to say how long he'd been stuck in the room when a soft squeak sounded from the door, the sounds of something scampering echoed through his pitlike room before the door opened and revealed the small blue dragon that Renee had become. The girl had followed the dragon and her husband, now such a tiny size it was easier for her to sneak around and figure things out, she'd gone exploring having watched her husband lock her friend into the shackles. Finding him as he'd passed the keys to the woman who'd changed her, Renee had simply waited for the right time before slipping in grabbing the keys in her mouth and slipping off. Smiling down at him around her mouthful Renee carefully leapt in flapping her wings furiously to slowly land on the bottom, able to see in the dark fine with her eyes 'I found the keys to get you free!' the tiny thing anounced appearing quite proud with her efforts even though they had put her in danger. Stuck as a dragon she began carefully manuvering the keys to unlock his shackles, it took her a while as she was learning how to use her jaws and paws together. The key chain even had the keys to open the shackles that he' had on him when she'd visited him in the forest, the only key it didn't have was the one for the muzzle, unhappy with that she tried to get it off by burning it only to find she could only produce smoke at the moment. Coughing a little, Renee sighed and sat down 'I can't get it off i'm sorry Killian..' the muzzle was the only thing of silver left on the black dragon thanks to her, both now able to escape from ice.

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:32 pm

He'd lost track of how long he’d been in the dark, mostly passing the time by sleeping. There wasn’t anything else he could do, after all. Blinking wearily at the noises, he didn’t even bother to lift his head, the silver draining what energy he had. Hearing her voice roused him a little though, and he raised his head a little to watch her. Brave hatchling, he murmured, even his voice weary and faint. Keeping still for her, he rested his head on the ground again, closing his eyes at the smoke she was producing. It’s alright, little one. You’ll learn how to breathe fire later. Rubbing his head against his leg in an almost absent attempt to get the muzzle off, he nudged at her. Get on then. Since you’ve gone to all this trouble. They’d work out how to get the muzzle of later, for now, he’d just rely on noise and his claws and tail to get out of here. It wouldn’t be too bad. Ignoring the pain in this tail and wings from the old shackles that had been removed, he dug his claws into the side of pit, climbing and pushing the door open with a firm nudge of his head. Finally able to spread his wings, he made sure that the tiny dragon was secure and leapt into the air, searching for a way out.

PostSubject: Re: Dragons and Maidens   

Back to top Go down

Dragons and Maidens
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next