The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Colour of the soul

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Colour of the soul - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 8:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Colour of the soul - Page 4 21ogk
In a world where everything is black and white, color is known to take hold when one meets their soulmate. Still this does not make the hunt for the 'one' any easier, the key is they eyes they are known to be the first hint of the truth.
Renee x Killian
Rose x Angus
Dani x Jory
Jet x Keenan

Last edited by Raven on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 10:22 pm

Julian just grinned, urging the gelding on towards the lower part of his property. "A billabong? Not made up at all. That's just like a waterhole, probably a bit smaller." Sitting easily on the young horse when it spooked at something, he rubbed the mane as a reward when it settled down again. He kept glancing at Mel, taking in the bits of colour that he could see, and wondering what the next things he'd be able to see.

Emerging after only an hour or so, Killian found that he was drawn out by the smell of chocolate. Having a fondness that could almost be called a weakness for the sweet treat, he wandered into the kitchen, barefoot and wearing much mo comfortable clothes now, that weren't bloodstained. "What have you made?" He was curious about it, and poked at the muffins, unsure if he was allowed any. It had been a while since he'd had chocolate, and he wanted some, but he held back just in case she didn't want him to.

Hearing the almost familiar lilt of Gaelic, Angus looked up with a frown, still half lost in his research. Spotting the obviously grumpy redhead, he packed his things and wandered over to her. Sliding into the seat beside her, he tilted his head, hoping that he wouldn't contribute to her bad mood. "Couldn't help but overhear you," he said quietly. "But what were you referring to with shadows? Are you after the killer here as well?" He kept his voice low, making sure that no one else could hear what they were talking about.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 3:27 pm

Still believing that it was a made up word, the olive skinned woman went a little pale at the mention of water. She didn't like water, not one bit, she'd been trained in water torture and had never been taught to swim or actually enjoy the water. Even in showers she only had them because she liked the feeling of being clean, noticing the way he kept glancing at her, Melissa tilted her head somewhat to the side in silent question. She'd been quickly discovering that she enjoyed the stockmans company, it was pleasant and there was no pressure to understand what other people meant when they said one thing and meant another entirely. Not saying anything about her phobia of the water, once she was able ot see it she pulled Ned to a halt and stared at the water with a grim drawn expression on her features.

Opening her eyes at the words, Renee sat up on the couch and yawned, wandering into the kitchen to see him standing there she gestured at the fridge where the baked goods had been placed "They're for you" the woman explained a little shyly. They'd been made to thank him for helping her, slipping past him and exiting the kitchen she visited the bathroom before returning to the couch and wrapping herself up securely in the blanket that was there. Lying down and snuggling herself into the comfy couch, she could feel herself start to drift off to sleep again, naturally a very light sleeper every bump and creak woke her up from the deepest of sleeps.

Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Happy to continue the ride in silence, Julian led the way to the billabong easily, letting his horse wander down to drink while he looked at Mel. “You alright? Not a fan of water, then? That’s alright, there’s no need to go in if you don’t want to. We’ll just let the horses drink, and then go for a further walkabout.” It didn’t bother him, and he liked just riding with her. He was beginning to see flashes of colour in different places, and it was intriguing him. Maybe the longer he stayed with her, the more he’d be able to see.

Tilting his head at her words, Killian absently took a muffin and followed her into the living area. Watching her for a few moments, he headed back into his office, the shadows bringing the rest of the muffins with them so he could keep munching on them. If she was going to be staying, he was going to have to make a new room for her to sleep in, since the couch would only do for a few nights. He’d just have to work out how best to do that.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:51 pm

Glancing up when Julian spoke, she nodded and let ned step forward to slurp some water, able to see the colours of him in the world around her. Melissa managed a small smile, riding with him for the rest of the day his hair slowly turned completely brown instead of the dark shade of grey it'd been before. Finally riding back after the long day she dismounted and ran her fingers over the sweaty fur of the animal, he needed a wash down, glancing over at Julian her logic telling her he'd be tending to his horse and thus she would be able to imitate what was the correct behaviour for the situation.

Glancing up when a young man showed up and sat down next to her, narrowing her eyes warily when he brought up her words, the fiesty redhead huffed and was quite unsure what she wanted to tell this nosy irishman. "Look here, that is none of your bloody business" taking a large mouthful of her drink and sighing shortly she turned her gaze back to the irish man studying him sharply. He had to be a hunter as well then, he obviously knew irish gaelic enough to pick out familiar words in her own scottish tongue, from his words he was after the moron shadow master she was aquainted with. Oh well that was none of her business, "Youre a hunter? I'm having nothing to do with the 'shadow killer' I'm here on different work detail" she finally told him
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 4:19 pm

It was an enjoyable day riding with her, and he couldn’t miss the way her hair changed colour slowly. Hoping that she would stick around for a while longer, he slid off the gelding he’d been riding, and untacked him with easy motions. Tethering the animal, he moved over to Melissa, giving her a hand. “Like this,” he explained, showing her what to do. “We’ll give them a hose off and some carrots, then turn them loose in the paddock again.” Once both horses were tended to, he showed her where the paddock was, and watched as both geldings promptly rolled in the dust. “Going to stick around for a while, sheila? It’ll be nice to have an extra pair of hands around the farm if you want to stay and help.”

He gave her a friendly grin, quite comfortable leaning on the chair near her. “Was just curious,” he said mildly, not bothered by her grumpy tone in the slightest. Studying her a moment, he took a chance with his next question. “Would you be able to help me a little? Since you look like an old hand at hunting.” He was still working things out, it had been a very steep learning curve doing it all on his own. But he wanted to try and track this one down, and maybe at some point finally find his brother – if he wasn’t already dead, of course. It had been so long, and the woman who’d taken him had looked so cruel. He really didn’t have high hopes that he had any family left now. “If whatever you’re looking for isn’t too time consuming,” he added.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 4:30 pm

Copying the way he'd shown her what to do, the quiet female did as she was told taking all of the information in and storing it away. Watching the two geldings roll in the dust with slight surprise, Melissa tilted her head at the strange noises the animals made curious about them. Hearing Julians voice she turned and faced him, studying him for a few long moments before finally making up her mind and nodding "Yes remaining here would be very pleasant" the fact that she could see colour around him was the main factor she had to admit to herself. The horses were pleasant too, her brown gaze returned to them, particularly studying the bright colour of the gelding she'd ridden, Ned. It was beautiful like nothing sh'ed ever seen, and his eyes and hair were again colours that she'd neve rknown had existed before.

Glancing back up at him at his next question, Rose considered him sharply, mulling it over very carefully before deciding the world could use another decent hunter. "Alright, I suppose i can teach you some things, The names Rose what are you called kid?" despite her attitude she actually often enjoyed teaching others how to defend themselves although this particular man looked more bookish than hunterish however that didn't mean he couldn't become a good hunter. She scratched the back of her head a moment and looked back down at her items before her before taking a good mouthful of her drink waiting for him to respond.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 1:40 am

Giving her a friendly smile, Julian leaned on the fence to watch the horses, pleased that she was staying. “Good to hear.” Maybe they’d get to see more colours in the world, it was so fascinating to see what everything actually looked like. “Once you’re ready, we’ll head inside, there’s a spare room that you can have while you stay. I don’t mind what you do with it.” Pushing his hat back, he watched the geldings for a few more moments before turning and doing his normal rounds of checking the horses. He didn’t mind her trailing along, and once they were done, he showed her his spare room in the house. “All yours, for however long you need it.”

Pleased, Angus offered her a happy grin. “Angus,” he offered, glad that he’d be learning from an actual person and not just from his books now. “Thanks for teaching me, it’s been a bit hard on my own, and I’m pretty sure I bit off more than I can chew with this one.” Not that it really bothered him, he liked challenges. The shadow killer was however proving to be quite a bit more of a challenge than he’d originally thought, what with leaving no tracks and acting like a human and not a creature. The Irishman had just become confused and stuck, and maybe a fresh pair of eyes would be able to shed some light on his hunt.

Emerging as the sun set and spotting the girl asleep on the couch, Killian cleaned up his muffin mess before taking a survey of the small house. He’d never really expected to have to make a new room, but she couldn’t really keep sleeping on the couch if she was going to be sticking around. And if he wanted his sister to stick around her colour, then he was going to have to give the girl a better place to sleep. Deciding on a place, he perched on the edge of a table and murmured to the shadows, helping them work out a new room and build it. He didn’t particularly stay quiet, though he avoided deliberately making noise. Pleased with how the simple room turned out, he allowed the shadows who’d worked on it to raid the kitchen in reward and wandered in to follow them, hungry again.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 8:59 pm

Nodding as he explained that they'd head inside soon, Melissa was quite happy to follow Julian along as he did his rounds checking everything was alright with the horses. Quite interested in the large animals that lumbered over the earth she kept questions to herself for now. There would be plenty of time to ask those later, her gaze flicked back to the man, watching his hair and its new colour. She had no idea what colour it was, no clue as to its name, but she wanted to brush her fingers through it, disliking that urge however she kept her hands to herself and silently followed Julian. Nodding as he showed her the room that would be hers, Melissa murmured her thanks, she'd never had a room like this before even less a room to herself she'd always shared with her brother or slept outside. Wandering around it picking up the few colours present in the room that matched the colour of Julians hair, eyes and Ned the horse, once finished poking around she returned to him needing something to do.

Rolling her eyes at the grin, Rose simply took another swig of her drink, "Work starts tomorrow, for now I drink" finishing her glass she set it down and ordered another. Getting started on that one as well she packed up most of her work into the simple bag at her feet, "What your hunting will take months, best to take other jobs with me while hunting that on the side, that way by the time you find it you'll have more experience and hopefully survive it"she explained calmly enough rather happy with her drink. At the very least he'd provide some company, despite her usual opinion that she was better off on her own, sometimes just having a drinking buddy and someone to talk to was something she craved more than hunting down every single last bad thing. She rubbed the back of her neck, annoyed with the fact that her neck was aching again, she probably needed a chiropractor of some kind but she really couldn't be fucked to spend the money on it.

Waking up at the noise as she was rather a light sleeper, she remained on the couch and watched as the strange man used his strange shadowy creatures to create a room. Highly curious about it all she sat up and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, watching as they wandered into the kitchen when they were finally finished the girl wondered if she should make food for them. After all Killian and his shadowy creatures had just preformed an impressive task of creating an entirely new room, wanting to see what was inside it but knowing that curiosity was bad she bit her lip and instead lay back down on the couch with a soft yawn. Reaching into the scarred leather satchel she pulled out her sketch pad and flicked through it going over the pictures silently critiquing her art to how she could better herself.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 5:19 pm

Humming quietly to herself while she explored the place, Julian got stuck into making dinner. Glancing up when she came out again, he offered her a quick smile. “Come to help make dinner, sheila?” He’d opened the deck doors to let in the nice warm night air, and was quite happy wielding the wooden spoon as he cooked the stirfry. He was beginning to see more colour in his kitchen and house, and it was fascinating him. He wanted to see more, and hopefully that would slowly happen while she stuck around. “What sort of questions did you have? You looked like you had a few when we were out with the horses.”

Giving a sigh at her advice, Angus still just nodded, ordering a drink of his own to join her. “Okay,” he said simply, going along what she was saying. She was the more experienced hunter, after all, it he’d been hunting the shadow killer for a few months already. Putting it to the side and working on it absently wouldn’t really hurt, he didn’t think. Fiddling with the drink, he watched the black and white world they all lived in, wondering what colours actually were, and if he’d ever see them.

Happier now that the shadows were full, and he’d had something else to eat, Killian wandered back out again, studying the girl. She certainly was a very quiet girl, but that didn’t bother him. At least it meant he wasn’t going to get interrupted constantly in his work. “The room is all yours,” he finally said, leaning on the doorway to the kitchen for a moment. “Make it your safe place if that’s what you want, I won’t be intruding there.” He hated his own safe places being encroached, so it went against everything for him to do it to her. She was so obviously abused, and that was something he unfortunately knew far too well.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 5:38 pm

Relieved when the man gave her something to do, she walked into the kitchen although rather dubious at the idea of him letting her cook. Her gaze was caught by the stirfy, the uncoloured wooden spoon stirring around suddenly bright ingredients, Melissa moved closer curious as to what they were. Dragging her gaze from them back to Julian as he asked if she had any questions, the assassin shrugged her shoulders a little, somewhat wary of asking questions however, she quickly decided that if he attempted to attack her it'd be very simple to disarm or kill him. "What do they eat, what do they like to do when not being ridden, how long do they live, what else do you do with them, I want to learn everything you have to teach about them" there was something about the large animals that drew her to them, and she didn't know what it was or what it was called. But it compelled her to wish to stay here and learn from the man, they were somehow safe, and relaxing, their smell, the feel of their fur, it was wonderful.

It'd been some time now since she'd seen colour, however after seeing colours twice, and had to cope with the colours fading twice she didn't believe in the soulmates bullshit anymore. she'd learnt her lesson, although she was happy to let the black and white Angus to accompany her and learn from her, she doubted she'd ever let him get close. It just wasn't worth the risk, ignoring her aches and pains by downing more alcohol she was just biding her time before she passed out due to over alcohol consumption. It was the best way to get a good nights rest without dreams, pushing the glass around on the table, she turned her attention to what she'd been hunting. She still wasn't a hundred percent on what it was, but she'd managed to narrow it down to about three things, a hand ran through her hair that she still had no idea what colour it was. While she'd been able to see the world she'd always seen herself as black and white, lifting the glass to her lips again her gaze remained fixed on the words in the old battered book she kept her hunting information in.

Jumping as a voice sounded, Renee looked up at him and then the room he'd indicated, nodding to show she understood and managed to get out a soft "Thank you" curious about the room she gathered her satchel and full sketch pad, entering it and looking around a soft smile appeared on her face. she could put her works up on the walls around her, although she mourned the fact that she had no more pencils and her sketchpad was full. Setting the sketch pad down on the small bed side table next to the bed, Renee opened the curtains and stared out, wondering if she'd be allowed to turn the rather empty land around the hidden house into a garden. She'd wait to ask that, just like she'd not ask him for more art supplies, such things were expensive and she wasn't about to get herself in trouble by being rude and asking for heaps of things.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 2:20 pm

He listened to her questions, and gave a slight nod when she trailed off to let him answer. “They’re herbivores, so they eat plants and such. Mostly just grass, though I feed them hard feed as well as hay. Carrots and apples are more of a treat for them.” Giving her a glance to make sure that she was still following, he moved onto her next question. “They tend to eat a lot. They’re a prey animal, so they’re always aware and alert, and are built to be constantly moving food through their system. They live around thirty years, though some can live longer when well taken care of.” Dishing out the meal, he carried their plates to the table. “Can you grab some cutlery for us please?” Thinking over her last question, he answered it over dinner, expanding as she needed on the things she was more interested in.

A very brief half smile crossed his face, and he gave her a simple nod before she vanished into the room. Pleased that she seemed to be settling in, the assassin finished off the food that he and the shadows had been sharing, and wandered outside with a yawn. It was thankfully nice and dark now, so he was expecting for the girl to go to bed soon. It didn’t bother him, he had his work to do, after all. Happily roaming under the stars for a while, he eventually headed back inside and into his room to get back to work, determinedly ignoring the colours that were slowly coming into his world.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 7:21 pm

It'd been a few months and it was safe to say although to herself only that she was starting to enjoy Angus's Company. He was definitely a creature of some sort, and considering the coat he almost always wore she was fairly certain that he was a selkie of some sort. From what she remembered they were fairly harmless, so it hadn't bothered her, after all she was a dragon hunting down other creatures that hurt people. She'd been a human first some years ago but a run in with a woman named Ice had changed her forever, it wasn't all bad, she was stronger with quicker reflexes and could breathe fire in both forms. Rose had naturally kept that to herself, there was no need for him to know after all, sitting in a pub with him after a successful hunt the hunter was downing whiskey, she had to be careful how much she drank around others as the alcohol made her fire breath more potent. Flashing a grin at the man sitting across the table, "Gonna drink that or is there more for me?" the moon had steadily been growing fuller and she could tell it effected him which only added to her suspicion of what he was. He'd already drunk quite a fair bit, it was amusing enough that he could quite decently keep up with the amount of booze she needed to get drunk, as it was she was more than tipsy the warm fuzzy feeling filling her up quite nicely and for the moment blocking out all the self doubt and loathing. After all, colour was nothing special, things could change and colour could fade and leave you with blcak white and grey where once there had been a multitude of colours.

Having made friends with several of the younger shadows, the girl had learnt quite a bit about the man who'd brought her here without meaning to. Wanting to thank him for his kindness she'd spent the afternoon putting together something special, the double chocolate fudge brownie recipie that she'd made herself. She'd left a paper towel over them with a simple note thanking him and had made the babies promise they wouldn't eat them, if they didn't then she'd make them some of their own later. Settling down just outside the door, she had a new sketch pad and pencils thanks to the shadows and was busy drawing out how she'd make a garden there. She didn't dare ask but it was a nice fantasy that she could think about, quickly becoming absorbed in her drawing, the young woman failed to notice that she'd started to sing to herself again.

Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 11:40 pm

He’d been learning in leaps and bounds with her, and was so pleased that she’d let him tag along with her hunts. It had been going well, with him mostly managing to keep the tug of the moon to himself. He knew that she wasn’t stupid, she’d likely picked up something off about him, but as long as she didn’t pry, he wasn’t going to bring it up and endanger himself. It wasn’t like he was hurting anyone. Spinning his glass around feeling the pleasant fuzzy feeling of getting drunk, he flicked a glance at her when she spoke. Smirking, he drained the glass in response. “Get your own,” he retorted, starting on the next drink contentedly. AT least they weren’t currently near the sea, so that was helping, though he was intent upon getting thoroughly drunk this time. Hopefully they’d end up closer to the sea in a week or so when the moon wasn’t tugging at him so much and he could have a frolic in the water. Running a finger lightly around the edge of the glass to produce a high pitched noise that he knew was annoying to most people. He was thinking about his brother, trying to work out if there was any point in trying to keep finding him again. It’d been so many years now, surely his older brother was dead. The woman who had taken him hadn’t looked at all friendly, from what he could remember.
He'd taken Rose’s advice about hunting the shadow killer and had put that to the side, working on it in between hunts, but the killer seemed to have vanished. There hadn’t been any deaths for a month or so, and he wasn’t at all sure what that meant. Deciding to put those thoughts off while he was decidedly drunk, he picked up the glass to drink from it again. The moon was stronger than usual, and he wanted to get more drunk before he had to deal with the world again.

The younger shadows had taken quite a liking to their visitor and often kept her company. With a few of the older shadows guarding the brownies from the babies, they were busy investigating what she was doing. Discovering that she was doing something they’d never seen before, a couple of the more adventurous ones bounced up to peer at the paper more closely. “What are you doing? Why are you doing it?” Another came over, joining its companion on the drawing pad. “What will you do with it? Why are you thinking about plants?” The first one wrinkling up, obviously displeased. “Plants are not tasty. Brownies are better.” The words were met with a chorus of agreement from all the babies gathered around her, and the one speaking seemed to gain some more courage. “Can we have some brownies, Renee? We’ve been ever so good!”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 8:28 pm

Pouting as he drained his glass she just laughed at his response, bored with whiskey she moved onto more potent spirits seeking the release drunkenness brought her. Not bothering to fill a glass with the spirits she just drank from the bottle, chugging it for a fair few moments, she lowered it with a soft sigh and grinned at Angus wickedly   "rrrrrready to get absolutely smashed and make bad decisions Anguuuus" rolling her r's already she was very pleased with the fact that the spirits were helping her along, draining the last of the bottle with ease she appeared not to care that her ability to down a bottle of spirits easily enough whereas most would struggle. The past few months were how she'd learnt that the man was very fun when he was drunk, the pair of them had had quite the adventure together, often struggling to the motel they were staying at drunk and singing loudly. Going through another three or four bottles of spirits, well until she'd lost count and the world was somewhat out of focus, the redhead leaned back in her chair a lazy grin spread over her features   "we should prrrrrolllyyy head back anngoooose" the redhead drawled before attempting to stand and nearly falling over onto her face, using the chair to balance herself. Gesturing for him to come along she ended up using angus to help her balance on the way home, it was easier when she had her tail to balance but humans didn't like dragons, it didn't matter that Angus wasn't a human it was best to keep her dragonness to herself.

Giggling at their questions, renee replied  "I'm drawing a garden, one would really make the house nice don't you think?" her features gentled as they requested brownies "Well they're not mine you see, they're Killians so you'll have to ask him when he gets home" she explained in her usual gentle way, setting her sketch pad down she gathered them into her lap to pet them gently, she was rather fond of the little darlings and despite herself often used endearments with them. She could see so much more colour in the world now, although her sketches were all still black and white to her, she was fond of the colour of Killians eyes, the grey and green together were so mysterious, one subtle while the other by comparison was bright. He seemed fond enough of her eye colour as he often watched her rather intently focused on her eyes, her gaze returned to her sketch pad looking a little wistful, she would have loved to be able to create a garden around the house but she doubted that she'd ask him. He'd been so kind to her, and she was so grateful, to ask about a garden would just, bother him she was sure of it.

The woman was unaware of the blond man striding up until he stood over her, looking up with a smile as she expected to see killian the stranger made her smile fade. While she trusted the mismatched eyed man, other men weren't trusted easily, edging back she stood up holding her sketch pad to herself defensively. He was taller than her and built heavily, well muscled and in a suit, a snake was lazily coiled about his neck like a scarf, his own shadows snapped at Killians youngsters forcing them out of the way. Grabbing her by the arm and yanking her towards him forcing her to drop her precious folder of drawings, the man snickered "you're perrrrrfect little morsel" after letting his shadows remove any lingering shadows on the girl he vanished with her, leaving behind the brownies she'd made and her precious book of sketches. His cold mistress would be pleased with him, very pleased.

(Thought could be why killi reaches out to rose)
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 2:00 pm

Draining the next few glasses easily, he eyed his companion, trying to make all three of them stay still. "Bad decisions arrrre all I'm capable of," he informed her, not realising he sounded almost like a pirate, and made another one to nick one of her bottles of spirits to start on that too. He leant back in his chair with a sigh, contemplating the bottle in his hand and then smirked at the redhead. "What sorrrt of...." Forgetting the rest of his sentence, he hummed a jaunty Irish song that he was quite fond of and got back to work on the bottle. He'd found that he could keep up quite well with her, though it did make for some blank nights that he couldn't really remember now. Yawning, he made sure that he still had his coat and buried his nose in the last of the bottles on their table, only half listening to her. At least this time, the moon was getting drowned out by the alcohol. "Mmmm. Surrrre." Returning her grin, he managed not to lose his balance as much as her, but it was still handy to have a moving balance post. "Balancing on you is easierrrrr when therrrrrre's not thrrrrrree of you." Yawning again, he weaves down the street with her, happily humming again until they got to their motel room. Taking a few moments to lean against the door with one eye shut, he scowled at her. "Now therrrre's fourrrrrrr of you." Swaying slightly when he stood off the door, he paused for a moment to get his bearings, blurry though they were, then headed for the bed.

Purring when they were patted, he little shadows peered at the drawing again. "We'd like a garden!" "Yes, yes! Gardenerererer!" Looking up at the kind lady with huge round eyes, they looked hopeful that she'd be able to get them one. "Will you ask for one?" The other shadow appeared to wrinkle its nose as it responded. "Nooooooo, we can ask the master! He lets us do anything, 'member?" Apparently pleased with that idea, both shadows bounced eagerly in her lap, gleeful that they'd be able to get a garden, whatever that was. Soon tiring, both twined through her fingers affectionately as she patted the them. The pair had bonded quickly with the young woman, rarely being separated from her and adored her, pestering her often with questions and amusing comments. Usually bright, cheerful and plucky, the appearance of the stranger made them squeak in alarm and try to hide, with the rest of the shadows left at the house following the old orders of keeping them safe. The thought that Renee would also be included in that order apparently didn't occur to them, not until the man had taken her, and the babies were left squeaking in distress.
After a few moments chattering to each other softly, a couple of the older ones vanished to find their master, leaving the rest at the tiny house to keep it safe. Killian was in the middle of a hunt, just stalking it down when the shadows appeared. Giving them a scowl as his prey fled at the noise, he simply huffed at the news. He pushed it to the side for a moment to throw his knife at his prey, downing the man, but there was no time to retrieve his weapon. Annoyed that he'd lost it, he vanished back home, sorting through what had happened so that he could find the girl. It was the least he owed her, after taking her from her previous home. He'd made it clear that she was safe at his, even if he wasn't sure how he felt about her yet.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 5:31 pm

Stirring the next morning, Rose’s first reaction was to scowl heavily, her head hurt, it wasn’t the worst hang over she’d had but it still wasn’t pleasant. Hiding her head under the blankets until only her hair could be seen, the dragon remained snuggled close to the warm body beside her, one arm slung around them comfortably. She had a fair idea of who it was that she was cuddled into, if anything she’d assumed it would have happened earlier on as she was rather fond of getting pissed. She drifted in and out of sleep for a fair while after that before the noise of her crow urged her awake, grumbling as she didn’t want to get up when she was quite comfy thank you very much, what he told her caused her to curse. Great, something had happened and the idiot had left evidence behind, sitting up and wincing at the bright light streaming in through the gap in the curtains, Rose very reluctantly struggled out of the Irishmans grip to begin the process of dressing herself. “Heading out for a bit, I’ll be back soon” she didn’t expect that he’d want to come with her after all he looked very comfortable in bed, wandering off she took the back ways through the streets until she came across the body. Retrieving the knife and looking it over she sighed and tucked it into her pocket carefully before dragging the body into the shade where it was hidden a bit better until the shadow master could come back to it. “The bastards getting lax, that’s something new, I wonder whats going on” the last part was murmured to herself, one hand slipping into her pocket to touch the hilt of the weapon. She needed to get back to talk to Bran, make sure that scruffy was alright and then perhaps more booze and back to bed, yeah that was a good plan she liked that.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 1:58 pm

Ready to peck her if she didn’t get up, Bran ruffled his feathers and hopped onto her shoulder when she was finally ready, roosting in his normal spot. The shadow crow was noticeably uneasy around the body, shifting from foot to foot and uttering soft caws to get her to hurry up. He hadn’t been in contact with his shadow master for so many years, the bird had almost forgotten how. He’d bonded so well with the dragon that Killian hadn’t given it a second thought of making him return, and so had let him stay with the redhead. He’d ignored the irishman’s soft complaints about the light, rather pleased that the man opted to stay behind in bed while she dealt with the body. Not good, he murmured before going silent again, fluffing out his feathers until the body was hidden and they were on their way to the motel. Taking advantage of the relative privacy, the bird spoke again. He was interrupted. Don’t know why. Darkly pleased that being with the irish boy meant that he could keep an eye on who was hunting his shadow master, the bird stayed on her shoulder as she entered the room again, trying to remember how to contact Killian. Angus had buried himself further under the blankets while she’d been gone, his head throbbing enough that he was considering just getting drunk again. The moon was still basically full, and he was already planning on continuing with getting drunk the coming night. It was fun with the red head after all. Wincing at the sound of the door shutting, he peeked out over the top of the blankets, blinking at her a little blearily. “Mmmm?” She looked upset over something, but whether it was the hangover, or lack of more booze, he wasn’t quite sure. Maybe both.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 8:12 pm

Silently agreeing with the bird, Rose didn’t say anything, lifting a hand to stroke the birds feathers, the hunter rubbed her head somewhat grumbling about the pain. Kicking off her shoes, it was short work for her to find the spare booze she’d hidden elsewhere. Opening up the drawers and pulling out the vodka she’d snuck there a few hours after they’d claimed the motel room as theirs for the night, she pulled the top off and rather happily took a long draught of the potent alcohol. Burping rudely once she was done and grinning as flames tickled the inside of her throat, looking over her shoulder at the Irishman as he made a questioning noise, “Got a text from a hunter mate, there was a body so went to poke it with a stick” explaining calmly enough she didn’t mention the fact that it was one of the ‘shadow killer’ kills. Taking another swig she wandered over and sat down on the bed looking over at him, not planning to share her booze with him as he frequently stole hers, the hunter grinned down at him. “You look like shit Gus, need more booze in ya” still not making any moves to share she remained tense enough that she could leap out of the way if he tried to grab her for it. Not letting him have any until there was little over a quarter left in the bottle she decided to pass it to him with a cheeky smirk, yes she had a hang over but it wasn’t as serious as the selkies. After all she was a dragon, able to tolerate far more alcohol than he could, joining him under the blankets again she settled down with a sigh and closed her eyes more than ready and able to go back to sleep if she could. Ignoring the fact that they both smelled of spirits, she tugged some of the mans blankets to wrap around herself a little more just to poke at him for amusement. “Nighty Night Fish Fingers” snuggling herself under the blankets so only her hair remained above them, the Scottish wench settled herself down for a siesta. Killian would probably show up to collect his knife after the crow managed to get in contact with him, so for now she’d just snuggle herself down in the warm bed and probably make some more bad decisions with Augoosetas who shared her bed.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 4:25 pm

He made another noise at her response, tugging the blankets back over his head. He was fully intending to go back to sleep to deal with his hangover, but she appeared to have other ideas as she sat on the bed again. Pulling the blanket down, he narrowed his eyes at her, muttering something unintelligible in gaelic. “Gonna give me some of that?” he eventually asked, smothering a yawn. His head hurt too much to try and make a grab for it, so he didn’t bother this time, though he was glad that she passed it over while there was still some left in the bottle. Easily downing that, he managed to get the empty bottle on the bedside table without dropping anything and snuggled back up to her, giving a slight snort at her nickname. So she’d figured it out, but that didn’t bother him. He was pretty sure he knew what she was. After all, she could handle so much more alcohol, and he knew that she wasn’t human. “Same to you, scaley.” Yawning again, he tugged the blankets up as far as they’d go and curled up to go back to sleep and maybe have some more fun later with the feisty girl beside him. He’d ask her more about the body later when he felt more human and less drunk, but at this point in time, it felt far more important to sleep and snuggle with Rose.
Unfortunately, neither of them got long before there was a loud bang on the door and it simply opened before either of them could move. Giving a cheeky grin at the sight, Killian ignored the pair of them, well used to Rose’s antics, and sent his shadows through the room, not caring if he woke the pair up. They were obviously drunk and/or hungover, so it was a pleasure to make noise and rile up the redhead. Finally finding his knife, he sprawled in an armchair, pushing the door shut with his foot and listening to the loud bang as it closed. The black haired boy was finally stirring at the noise, and the killer just smirked, spinning his blade on his finger. He needed to talk to Rose about finding the girl, see if she knew of anything that could help.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 10:09 am

Happily snuggled into the man, rose had no thoughts nor plans to move anywhere, Angus’s comment where he called her scales made her snicker. He was smarter than the average bear it seemed, likely he’d guessed from her own comment that she knew what he was, the fact that he knew she was a dragon didn’t bother her, if he got any ideas she’d just eat him. Seals were very tasty meals after all and she had eaten people in the past who’d pissed her off or tried to capture her, however it was barely an hour before a loud bang sounded on the door. Snarling viciously at the noise and then at the noises that followed, as usual the feisty woman grew angry at the unneeded noise, removing herself out of bed she stalked over to the man sprawling in an armchair and socked him one in the face. “Why the fuck do you have to be a fucking asshole Killian. You could have come in quietly and waited like a gentleman” finishing off her temper let her kick out at him. “Now tell me what you want or fuck off, as you saw, I’m.Busy.” rubbing her face she sat down on the end of the bed and sighed tiredly, he didn’t make social calls after all he only showed up if something was the matter and he required something of her. She could hazard a guess that it was something to do with the reason why he’d fucked up and left a corpse and his knife somewhere any idiot could find them, either way she’d help him after all they were old friends. Although she’d never told the shadowy man that once upon a time she’d seen colours when she was around him, the feeling of loyalty to him still remained when it came to instances like this. Her head ached but it wasn’t anything new, rubbing her forehead with a quiet sigh she silently thanked any listening deities that Angus was too hung over to figure out who this strange man was. Her own cure for a hangover was more alcohol, so she moved off of the bed and rummaged around in the battered suitcase that had old stickers from places it’d been, pulling out a bottle of baileys, settling back on the bed and unscrewing the cap she took a healthy swig of the powerful liquid and comfortably leaned back onto one of her hands studying him. He was different from when she’d last seen him, he’d put on a couple of kilos and seemed to be in a more healthy place, she’d never begrudged him for not seeing colour when she did, it was difficult for her to hold grudges against those that were close with her after all. Disgruntled and very scruffy, she wasn’t in exactly prime shape, rings under her eyes suggesting that sleep wasn’t something that came easy to her, it was easier to sleep when she was drunk, it just came easier then another reason why she was such an alcoholic. Burping the dragon narrowed its pale eyes “Out with it then Scruffy, I aint got all day, booze to drink creatures to kill” lifting the bottle for another swig she turned and studied the lump under the blankets that was angus before he rgaze flicked back to Killian, she was unsure if it was sensitive information that’d mean he wouldn’t want the curly haired man curled up in her bed to listen, then again Angus had a worse hangover than she did so there was the chance he wouldn’t remember much of what they said.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Ducking the punch, Killian sent a couple of shadows to keep the boy asleep while he and Rose talked. He had no intention of being found out by another hunter, Rose was enough. Slipping the knife she’d found away again safely, he studied her. “Fancy a hunt? My bait got stolen.” Well aware that she’d have plenty of questions, he settled back in the chair, keeping his gaze on her. “Not sure who took her, he scared the shadows. They say he’s blond with blue eyes, but I don’t know how much help that is, though Bran can see colour too.” He nodded at the raven perched on the short woman’s shoulder. It was good that he’d stayed with her all these years and kept her company. “She’s timid and quiet, black hair, dark eyes.” Yawning, he stroked a couple of baby shadows that came to him for attention, always pleased to give them what they wanted as long as they did what they were told. “I need the girl for the hunt. I can’t find any trace of her. It makes me think a shadow master was involved.” He was tired, and he just wanted to sleep, but he wasn’t allowed a rest, not until this hunt was done. And without the girl safe like he’d promised, he couldn’t concentrate on the hunt he’d been given, even though he knew that it would end in a punishment for him. He was just going to have to take it and deal with it, like he always did. His deal kept his sister and Rose safe, and that was all that mattered. Not that he’d ever tell Rose that, she’d only whack him for it. But she still meant a lot to him, enough that she was family to him, and he would do anything for family. Closing his mismatched eyes briefly with a sigh, he waited for her response, not caring about the boy that was being kept in a deep sleep while they chatted.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Pissed at the fact that he’d ducked her punch, Rose listened to what he had to say while grumbling somewhat, meeting his mismatched gaze squarely, ignoring the memories of what he’d looked like in colour. She didn’t believe in finding ‘love’ anymore and considered herself stupid beyond words for ever believing in it in the first place, listening as Killian described a man with blue eyes and who was blond gingery eyebrows drew down in a frown. Half hearing the scruffy man explaining what the girl looked like, Rose paid little attention to the fact that he was brushing the girl off like she didn’t matter much to him. What did grab her attention was that he mentioned he thought it was a shadow master “He sounds extremely similar to Daniella then” the comment was off hand and not something she really realized that she’d said. The dragon sighed and ran a hand through her short hair “Might be worth asking Sofia if she’s had any other kids. Either way don’t worry Scruffy, I’ll find the girl Bran will give me the details” he looked buggered, lifting a leg she nudged him with a foot “Wont come cheap though, booze and cash, lots of it” she’d learnt some time ago that the human world ran on money, if you had none you couldn’t anywhere although her favourite thing about humans was definitely the alcohol. Her favourite types so far being Brandy, Whisky and baileys, perhaps sometime soon she’d return home to her island where she’d grown up, she hadn’t visited in years and the yearning in her was getting difficult to ignore. Getting up she walked over to him and firmly cuffed the back of his head “it’ll be fine, I’ll sort it. Creatures are my business after all. I’ll continue keeping curly off of your back as well” her words were oddly almost affectionate, she saw he was stressed and exhausted and thus had let down her walls enough to treat him like the family member he was. Flicking the man a crooked grin she spoke “once sleeping beauty wakes up I’ll get on the case, deliver the information you get from sofia either through bran or personally I don’t think curly whirly will pick up on the fact that you’re the esteemed shadow killer” the words ‘shadow killer’ were spoken with a slightly dramatic effect, she didn’t need all the details right now, after all the bird on her shoulder would fill her in especially since she got the distinct feeling that several important facts were being left out.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 10:23 pm

Intrigued by the fact that she said the man sounded like his daughter, he put that to the side for now, deciding to think that over later. It seemed like she’d not realised she’d said it anyway. “I will, Bran will let you know anything else you need to know.” Yawning, he leaned back in the chair with a sigh, barely flinching as she cuffed him. He was used to it by now. “Curly has no idea what he’s hunting,” he said darkly, though he was privately amused that the boy had managed to stay on his trail for so long. It was almost admirable. “He’ll wake when Bran lets him, so take your time.” Playing with a few young shadows, the mismatched gaze rested on the hunter. He was fond of her still, enough that she was part of his tiny family. He’d do anything for her because of that. “I’ll get going, tell birdbrain what you want in return, and I’ll get it.” Yawning again, he got to his feet and tucked his retrieved dagger away before heading out the door, letting it close with a soft click. The raven on the hunter’s shoulder clacked his beak slightly as his shadow master left, ruffling his wings almost disapprovingly. Needs rest, he grumbled. What now, prickly?
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 9:00 am

Rose was quiet as Killian responded, it made sense that Bran would let her know, she was close with the shadowy bird and it meant that Killian didn't have to risk coming back even if he could make the selkie fall asleep. Her crooked grin returned when he commented that Angus had no idea of what he was hunting, it was rather impressive after all that he'd hung onto Kililans trail for this long. Silently nodding when it was practically confirmed that the bird would wake up Angus when Rose was ready, the redhead met her old friends gaze steadily "Alright, see ya around scruffy" the shadow master was up on his feet and out the door it shutting behind him with a quiet click. Looking at the bird on her shoulder when he spoke, Rose considered it a moment "let him wake up now, he'll be useful in finding the missing girl" he was useful in general since he seemed to enjoy the research part of hunting whereas she preferred the action. She would have liked to snuggle back into bed if she was honest however she knew it was her duty to get straight onto helping her friend, going through a glass of baileys by the time he was coherent enough to discuss things with.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 3:11 pm

The bird clacked his beak again, debating whether to wake the boy up with a beak in the ear or not. Deciding that it would be highly enjoyable, the bird did, cawing in laughter at the reaction. Angus whacked at whatever it was with a few muttered gaelic curses before burying his head under the pillow again. Ignoring more pokes and prods, he eventually emerged and yawned, his head still throbbing somewhat. Scouting out some water, he wandered in for a shower. Half considering drowning in the water, it took a fair while before he emerged again, pushing still wet hair out of his face and sprawling over the bed with another grumble. “Pestering bird.” Yawning, he looked over at her, wondering what was going on. “What’s happening now?” He’d liked the idea of staying in bed and drinking more, plus he could still feel the intense tug of the moon and the sea, so it would have been preferable to stay nicely drunk. But obviously something had come up, she looked somewhat sober and sombre, and he wanted to know what he could do about that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colour of the soul
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next