Share | 

Two fates entwined

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

PostSubject: Two fates entwined   Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ices facility is based out in the australian outback, young Melissa has been hers right from the start and in the middle of intense training ot become a killer. One of her practice missions goes wrong and she ends up meeting Julian a young horseman in the making. This rp follows their meetings and the twists and turns of fate.

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:03 pm

"Long necks..." He thought about that one. "Where they spotty? I think those are giraffes. I can show you books back at the house, and teach you the names. What did you learn from them all?" He didn't get off the horse when they got to the top, liking the comfort the warm body was giving him right now. He just stopped her next to Mel's horse, watching the land around them. "How long were you there?"

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:06 pm

"They were spotty i was never told any names, I learnt how to kick from the bare legged birds, and a mace like technique from the giraffies" she stuttered over the name he'd given the long necks. It'd been a very long time since she'd last ridden, leaning back a little she petted the mares neck "Is ned alright?" remembering the gelding fondly she missed the question about how long she'd been in Africa.

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:13 pm

He nodded. "Giraffes." He sounded the name out carefully for her. "The bare leg birds hmm... Were they black and white and very fast?" They could be ostriches, those were cool birds. Like emus. "Yeah, Ned's still going strong. I've put him in with the yearling to try and calm him down. Hopefully it'll work out." He gave her a faint smile. "How long were you in Africa? A few years?" That would explain why she hadn't come back, but that was okay.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:19 pm

Slowly repeating the name after him she stored it to memory, learning new words had always been difficult for her. "yes, the males were black and white and the females were brown and white" appearing pleased that Ned was still around and okay she frowned trying to remember how long it was "From two weeks since you saw me last to a couple of months ago, Ice kept us busy" she didn't say that she'd distanced herself from the past to make surviving in Africa easier. A firm eye was kept on him, watching his reactions closely, a breeze picked up stirring the few locks of hair that had escaped her plait.

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:43 pm

He nodded. "Ostriches then." He watched her, so glad she was back. "I missed you," he murmured. Aware that she would have been punished for her staying with him that week, he didn't bring that up, preferring not to think about it as well. "Do you think you'll be able to come visit like you used to? Or will it be too risky?"

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:48 pm

"os rit chez" she attempted to mimic the new word and succeeded poorly, "I also missed you, Julian" even when she'd locked away thoughts of him and memories of him because it hurt too much. At the request she nodded "I should be able to, the frequency is hard to predict however" still keeping the plan of escaping ice to herself incase it didn't come to fruition she didn't ask killian about it wishing to discuss it with him face to face. She was torn between the two knowing her brother needed her and so did Julian, the idea of leaving her brother with ice was hard, but he would have the shadows and alkira, Julian just had the horses and as nice as they were they were no substitute for someone who cared about him

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:59 pm

"Okay. That's okay." At least she'd still be around. "I'll wait for you." He seemed to always be waiting for her. "Can... is there a way you can stay for good?" He looked at her intently, hoping that she could say yes. He'd help her escape Ice if he had to, he didn't care what it took. "You and your brother." She wouldn't leave her brother, and he didn't blame her for it. "I'll help you."

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:04 pm

She could never understand why he was so okay to wait for her, silent for several long minutes she finally nodded "Yes, That is what i must speak to my brother about, I did not wish to bring it up incase it was unable to happen" balancing on the horses back she closed her eyes a minute having pieced together who exactly was responsible for the death of Julians parents. If she talked to Killian and explained, she knew he would help her, "If I am able to escape her, I shall stay here with you until you no longer wish for me to be around, if i am able to escape there will be no more waiting" speaking quietly, hesitant to say too much knowing ices shadows could be snooping around and she was loathe for him to get more hurt because of her she fell silent

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:26 pm

He nodded slowly, taking in her words. "Okay." He'd never questions why he was so okay to wait for her, he just was. All he knew was that she was important to him, so he had to wait for her, however long it took. "I want you to stay," he finally murmured, scared of losing her. "But be careful. We both know she won't stop at anything to hurt you." Turning the mare back towards home, he tangled his fingers in the tough hair, giving a sigh. He really should deal with the grey yearling, but he didn't want to. Not now, not ever.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:31 pm

She would stay, Ice could hurt her all she wanted, but being with him again like this just reminded her how much she liked being in his company. Likening it internally to basking in the warm afternoon sun, she made sure to keep up with him "I am naturally very careful" she reminded him calmly. What would happen would happen and she could not stop it, the best she could do was to stay with him

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:34 pm

"I know you are." He managed a smile for her, and guided the mare back down the steep and rocky path. "At least there won't be any worries about cooking. All the annoying ladies will be bringing over food for me." He made a face, hoping that they'd soon leave him alone. Eventually nearing the house, and feeling a wash of relief when he saw that the car was gone, he drew the mare to a stop. His gaze rested on the grey yearling, watching as it bounded around the paddock, Ned just ignoring him. "Ghost," he murmured, finding the name for it. "Grey Ghost."

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:38 pm

Melissa nodded "Good i do not know how to cook" she could make them leave him alone if she needed to, not understanding the desire to protect him she simply ignored it and followed him closely. Coming up next to him as he came to a halt, she listened as he came up with the name for the yearling, "You will be fine" she finally said looking down at her mares mane idly plaiting it to keep her fingers busy. Perhaps he wasn't fine now but he would be, in the end things would work themselves out although sometimes it took time

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:53 pm

He grinned briefly. "I do. I can teach you." He tore his gaze off the yearling and slid off the mare, turning her loose in the paddock again. "I hope so Mel, but it's so raw still. I keep listening for them." He clenched his teeth together, determined not to break down. Pushing his hair back from his face, since he wasn't wearing a hat, and he didn't know where his hair tie was, he gave a sigh. "I miss them. So much. I just want them back." he looked at the yearling again, wrapping his arms around him to try and comfort himself. "I don't want to lose you too."

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:58 pm

Slipping off of the mare she tilted her head a little watching him, noticing him pushing his hair out of his face she tugged the tie out of her hair and set it in one of his hands. "You will not loose me, Julian" she murmured wondering if he required another hug or not, frowning somewhat she addressed the issue "If you require hugs or the like just state so" she wasn't as good at them as he was but she'd try anyway. Although she was a little wary at being taught to cook, she'd tried once when they were in africa and succeeded in burning down the entire area much to her brothers amusement

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:02 pm

"I know. But I'm still scared of that." He took the tie gratefully, pulling his hair back out of his face. Instead of answering her statement about hugs, he simply took her hand, taking her to where he knew his dad had had some horses to work with. He could do that, at least. "Help me? I'll teach you how to train them."

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:11 pm

After spending the week with him she was very reluctant to go, but it was the way things were, standing there she observed him silently unsure of what to say. They'd spent most nights cuddled in close to one another, that she was now almost used to it, it was so much more pleasant than curling up on her own. Helping him with the horses had been a welcome change of pace, although all cooking attempts on her behalf had been disastrous. She hadn't bothered claiming her tie back and thus had spent most of the week with her hair out for a change, "I do not know when I will be back" she finally said, appearng numb and unaffected by the separation that loomed before them

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:16 pm

He had his hands tucked into his pockets, his hair still held back by her tie. Not as crushed by grief now, it still showed in his eyes, but he could function better. The work on the farm had helped, and of course so had Mel being around. Stepping closer to her, he hugged her tight, resting his chin on her shoulder. "It's okay. I know you'll come back eventually. Just be careful, don't make her lock you away from here." He still needed her, but he knew that she had to go back. It was too dangerous for her to stay much longer.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:23 pm

Returning the hug, she closed her eyes for a brief moment leaning into him, "I am always very careful" came the muffled reply, unwilling to let him go she held on for another couple of minutes. Slowly pulling back she quietly murmured a reluctant farewell and then turned heading off, returning to Ices stronghold she found her brother half asleep and waited for him to awaken. Once he had she spoke "that hunt, you made it look like a car crash, the man and woman they were Julians parents" sharply inhaling she continued "I have to stay with him, he cannot be alone, will you help me escape her?" she asked unaware of how her various emotions were clear as day on herface

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:31 pm

He held her close, equally as unwilling to let her go, but he knew he had to, so he did. Watching her leave, he shook his head and turned away, heading back to the horses to try and distract himself more.
It had been a long week for Killian. Ice had easily cottoned on that he was hiding something from her, but he'd eventually convinced her that Mel had gone to do some scouting of the land now that they were back home. Still mildly hurting from the lesson in obedience, he opened one eye to look at his sister. He hadn't known who he'd been sent after, he'd simply done it, but if what she said was true, then it made sense. "Of course I will. How are we going to do it?" He sat up, nudging Alkira away from him. "How much of a plan do you have already?"

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Looking a little relieved Melissa sighed and sat down next to him brushing her thick dark brown hair out of her face "So far? Very little, I know simply running or vanishing will not work, and I am reluctant to bring more misfortune upon him" schooling her face to emptiness she proceeded to show the calm emotionless mask she was so used to wearing these days. Away from Julian it was easy to step back into the self that had been created in order to survive here, knowing escaping ice would mean pain for her and she wouldn't be able to go straight back to Julian she steeled herself for the troubles that lay in her future and awaited her brothers thoughts on the matter

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:16 pm

He gave a short nod. "Thought about bargaining with her? You know she keeps her deals. It's the only thing we can actually count on with her." He couldn't see himself ever leaving here, but Mel had a way out. She needed to take it. Running his fingers lightly through his jackal's coat, he thought about it. There were a few options for bargaining that he could see, though Mel would like none of them. He'd just have to do it before she knew, and tell her afterwards.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:21 pm

She nodded "I have little to bargain with" she admitted, there wasn't much she could offer Ice, she sighed and lifted her fingers to begin rebraiding her hair having picked up one of her hair ties on the way through. She should have gone back to him sooner rather than hanging back, she could have done more if she had, closing her eyes after tying off her hair she didn't say anything else beginning to run through various possibilities that she could do regarding escaping ice

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:46 pm

"I do," he said simply, getting to his feet. Glancing out the large skylight in the room, he judged the time, and gave a little shrug. It was close enough to night that he was comfortable wandering. "I'll talk to her now, you rest a bit. We've still got a while before she wants us moving. She's planned another hunt for us together." Not waiting for a response, he made his way through the hallways of the facility, hoping that Ice would accept the bargain he wanted to make.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:57 pm

Watching her brother leave, Melissa sighed and curled up on her simple bed silently annoyed with herself for missing Julian. If ice knew, she'd hurt him, she should have kept herself out of it, stayed numb and unfeeling. Eventually drifting off into an uneasy sleep, Melissa dreamed little lying as still as if she were dead, she wasnt aware of Ices plans and nor was she aware of the details of the hunt that could take from a couple of days to several months. Still for now she rested, despite the silent tug that wanted her to return to the quiet farm.

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:00 pm

Finding Ice's office, Killian took a moment to lock all his emotions away like they'd been taught. It wouldn't help him if she worked out how badly he wanted this bargain to be made. Finally knocking on the door, he waited patiently until he was admitted in, Alkira at his heels, and his shadows meekly close to him.

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   

Back to top Go down

Two fates entwined
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next