Share | 

Two fates entwined

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

PostSubject: Two fates entwined   Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ices facility is based out in the australian outback, young Melissa has been hers right from the start and in the middle of intense training ot become a killer. One of her practice missions goes wrong and she ends up meeting Julian a young horseman in the making. This rp follows their meetings and the twists and turns of fate.

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:15 pm

He digested the news, nodding slowly. "Better," he finally said quietly. "It still hurts that they're gone, but it's getting a tiny bit easier each day." He reached out to take her hand, wanting comfort. "I was waiting for you. I think it'll be easier with you around." He'd never really questioned why he felt such an intense longing to be with her. he simply accepted it, and half-hoped that she felt the same way. Though it appeared that she did. After all, she kept coming back. "You can really stay for good?" It seemed too good to be true.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:22 pm

Letting him take her hand, her fingers tightened around his hand reflexively, "why will it be easier if i am around?" she asked curiously "Yes I can" there had been something about Julian, that had called her back ever since she'd first shown up when they were much younger. She'd never understood any of it, yet had strangely caved to the urge and had returned even when her logic had warned her she shouldnt, sighing softly and pushing all of the strange thoughts and feelings away into a box in her mind for later, Melissa silently awaited Julians reply. Dark brown eyes focused quite intently on him

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:24 pm

He gave a shrug. "I don't know. It just feels like it will be. I guess because I won't be alone now." He tightened his fingers around hers, and tried to give her a smile, though it was shaky. "Come for a ride? It's been a while, and I think it would be good for you. And I want to help you free your brother. It's the least I can do for him making the deal for us." He gave a short nod, hoping that she'd let him.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:41 pm

Accepting the offer of a ride with a nod, Melissa still didn't let go of the mans hand, "A fresh pair of eyes on his situation may prove helpful" she accepted his desire to try and help quietly. It was as she said, he had a different way of looking at things from her and her brother, perhaps that would be the key to freeing Killian. "Who will we take then?" Melissa murmured quietly her hard to read gaze flicking to the bright bay ned who continued to crop grass appearing unconcerned about what they were doing and saying.

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:45 pm

Watching her gaze flick to the gelding beside them, Julian guess that she wanted to ride him. "You can take Neddy if you want," he offered. "Since you're probably still out of practice. He knows you super well, so he'll take care of you. I'll take one of the mares, and meet you at the back gate?" He let go of her reluctantly, but the mare was only a few paddocks over. "The bridles are in their normal spot." And hopefully while they were on their ride, they could maybe thrash out a plan to get her brother out. Though it would be hard not knowing the exact details of the deal that had been made.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:53 pm

Nodding, she grasped ned by the mane and guided him to the gate where she ducked off and grabbed his bridle returning to find him having strayed only a few meters from where she'd left him, melissa bridled the gelding and was soon enough waiting at the correct gate for julian. Astride the gelding easily enough she was quietly stroking his neck, a small content smile on her features, she liked this horse he was nice and gentle and reminded her of Julian. Wondering where he'd gone she turned and looked around for him, wanting to stick near him, half expecting to wake up and find that being allowed to stay with him had been just a cruel trick of her mind.

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:59 pm

He wasn't long getting the mare, easily bridling her and hopping on her to meet Mel at the gate. Opening the gate, he waited for her to go through, then closed it behind them before catching up with her. "Do you have any ideas about your brother?" he asked softly. He looked at her, trusting that the mare would find her won way on the trail. "Is there any details about the deal that you know at all?" He wanted to be distracted, and this seemed like a perfect topic to be distracted with.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:33 pm

Riding through and waiting for him to close the gate and come with her she shook her head a little defeated "no, he wouldn't tell me anything except that I had to still hunt for her and I could live with you" her hands held neds reins loosely. She felt quite hopeless, it didn't feel like there was anything she could do to save her brother, but there had to be something, julian would help her find a way to rescue her brother from ice. Taking a long slow breath and distancing herself from the various emotions that threatened to cloud her judgement she spoke "I need to find out the details of the contract he made with her, I need to find the paper on which it was written which means I must learn how to read" there logic it was easier to think using logic.

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Julian nudged the mare closer to her, resting a hand comfortingly on her shoulder for a moment. "We'll get him out, it's ok." It was interesting that her brother had refused to tell her the details. Probably because she wouldn't have been happy with them. "How will you know what hunts you need to do for her? Will he come and tell you?" That would be nice, then she'd be able to see him occasionally. "Otherwise it seems like you're never going to see him again." He pondered it for a while, absorbing her news that she couldn't read. "I can teach you to read, that's the easy part." Urging the mare onwards, he looked over his shoulder at Mel. "It'll take a few months to get good enough to read what you're wanting to read, but that's okay. Do you think he can last a few months without you?"

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:26 pm

The hand to her shoulder was a slight surprise, it was a comforting gesture she'd shown to her brother more than once so to recieve it from Julian was something new. She didn't respond to his words about how she'd find out, or if she'd see him again, they were words she didn't know the answers to. Slowly, almost numbly nodding when he asked if her brother could survive without her for a couple of months. Melissa sighed softly, worried over her illogical, worrisome brother, "Thank you Julian" she murmured quietly, meaning the words of gratitude. He'd always been there, he'd helped and supported her right from day one, not understanding the strange feelings that occured when she thought about that she shook her head subtly and looked out between neds ears at where they were going

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:57 pm

He studied her a few moments longer before simply nodding and guiding the mare over his land. It still felt weird to be calling it his, but there was no one else. "Any time, sheila," he murmured, falling into silence again. He wasn't sure what to say now, and he didn't know how to plan to get her brother out. He didn't know where the other young man was, or how to get there. It was just going to have to wait until Mel learned how to read.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:24 pm

Melissa was quiet for the rest of the ride thinking about everything, from the adventures they'd had as kids, to the look on his face when she'd returned to him from Africa. Her chest ached, as if her heart was physically in pain as she remembered how desolate he'd looked and how desolate he still was, she wanted to stay close to him and protect him from any further harm. She kept Ned close to his horse and took in the familiar landscapes of the farm, this place held so many memories for her, the most positive memories of her life, and most of them she'd never told her brother about. This was, her place, where she felt the most at home, indeed the male riding alongside her had been the one to teach her what home felt like, he was home. Once they'd returned from the ride, Melissa dismounted and took her time grooming the gelding, leaning her head on his flank and listening to the sounds of his guts digesting the various things he'd snacked on on the ride a smile blossomed on her face, releasing the gelding back into the paddock she'd found him in she stood observing everything that was going on tucking various things away but focusing on the goings on not on her own thoughts and feelings a way to regulate herself and keep herself in check.

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:15 pm

Julian was similarly quiet, taking in everything that hadn’t changed, even though his complete world was different. He still wasn’t entirely sure how he was going to cope without his parents, but he was learning. He’d managed for the past couple of months seemingly just fine, anyway. And now he had Mel to stay with him, that would make everything much easier – and he wasn’t alone any more. He’d cherished his memories of her while she’d been in Africa, waiting and hoping that she’d come back despite all evidence to the contrary. He was so glad he’d kept holding on now. Sliding off the mare when they got back, he gave her a thorough grooming, the horse smell helping him keep settled. Finally finishing, he turned her loose into the paddock, and went over to Mel. Keeping silent, all he did was take her hand, twining his fingers with hers. Watching the horses as they moved about, he didn’t want to break the comfortable silence, busy thinking about how things had been between them. He still remembered the very shy kiss he’d given her, but he was scared to ask her if she still remembered. So much had happened since then, he was almost inclined to think that nothing more would happen along those lines. He was fine with that, he would be content to just stay friends with her. “Thank you.” It was a soft murmur, barely breaking the silence.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:38 am

Successfully distracted, the feeling of a hand taking her made Melissa look over at Julian and attempt to read him. Unsuccesful as ever she tightened her hold around his hand. “Why are you thanking me? I have not done anything” the assassin murmured in response her gaze darting out to the country side again. Observing the horses her thoughts drifted to the strange thing he'd done before she'd left, she hadn't quite understood the lip touch, so had for shelved it in her mind. She'd never talked to her brother about it or asked anyone what it even meant, perhaps she would ask Julian later on, for now it was fine with her to stand side by side watching the horses interact and graze. She would help to the best of her ability on the farm and figure out a way to rescue her beloved brother, so far it seemed she needed to learn to read in order to find the correct document that detailed the deal he'd made with ice. Her brother, what an idiot, sacrificing himself so illogically just so she could escape, it was flawed and she didn't quite understand the machinations behind it. Sometime during these thoughts her head rested itself against Julians shoulder, brown eyes distant while she thought and pondered, open but not seeing things.

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:46 pm

Feeling her lean against his shoulder, he let his head rest against hers gently, closing his eyes for a while. It was peaceful here with her, and he wanted it to stay like this. “For staying with me, helping me out. I don’t know what I would have done without you.” Keeping hold on her hand, he squeezed it gently. “We’ll get your brother freed,” he murmured, unaware that he was echoing her thoughts. “You’re smart, it won’t take you long to work out reading.” It was a good plan, and he liked plans. It meant he knew what was going to be happening and he could deal with it.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:43 am

Not quite understanding as to her he would have just continued on like she would have done. Glancing at him when her hand was squeezed gently, a warm feeling briefly settled over her, "We will" she agreed when he mentioned that they'd free her brother from ice. Their plan was the best path they had, "Julian" she finally murmured after standing there for a prolonged period of time "before I left to go to africa, you did something" not knowing if it was something to be embarrassed about or not she treated it like she would anything else "You touched your lips to my cheek, why did you do it and what does it mean?" her tone was quite mild and undemanding, and her dark brown eyes were as usual hard to read as was the rest of her face. However there was a slight look of curiosity and confusion on her features, it hadn't been bad she just wanted to understand why he'd done it

Last edited by Raven on Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:48 pm

He turned to look at her when she said his name, waiting for the rest of her sentence. Hearing the question, he looked down for a moment, scuffing at the dirt with his boot. “It was a kiss,” he replied, trying to match her calm voice. How should he explain it, he really had no idea. “When someone likes another person, like romantically, they kiss each other.” Hoping that was okay, he shrugged his shoulders at her a little. “I like you.” He didn’t know how else to explain it at all.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Not quite understanding why he looked down at the earth and scuffed it, Melissa listened carefully as he told her that it was a kiss. Not exactly knowing what a kiss was she awaited further information, the following information was indeed interesting, taking a moment to carefully think about it she began to think about how she felt. Silent for quite a long time she finally nodded "Yes" she wasn't quite sure what romantically felt like but she was very attached to him and she felt some kind of bond there. Satisfied she let her gaze drift up towards the stars taking them in quietly. Everythign would be okay, she was certain of it, what she needed to do was remain calm and think logically which was what she normally did

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:24 pm

Thankful that she didn’t demand more of an explanation, Julian stayed quiet, content to watch the horses for a while longer. Glancing up at the sky, he took in the time, and tugged on her hand lightly. “Come inside,” he said softly. “I can start teaching you how to read. You’ll want to learn fast, right?” He was just hoping that he brother could stand being alone. The place they’d grown up in sounded so cold and oppressive, he was still amazed that Mel was mostly okay. “Then we’ll have dinner.”

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:48 pm

Loosing herself in the distant light houses lights the tug took her by slight surprise as she'd half forgotten that he was even there. Simply nodding in agreement at his words, ,she turned and with his hand still in hers headed back towards the sprawling house. Taking it in as they headed back her thoughts changed from the stars to the farm, it was here that she'd learned what a home was. Where she'd met Julian, the only other person in her lonely existence that she cared deeply about. She wanted to spend the rest of her days with him, and the horses here at home, wondering if this was what loving someone felt like, the warm fuzzy sensation in her chest that warmed her from her toes to her finger tips, Melissa kept walking. Once on the porch she ditched her shoes and moved inside subtly distracted by these thoughts and what they meant, she didn't understand and she wanted to talk to Julian about them. He always made things easy to understand and always seemed happy to explain, but now wasn't the time the time now was to learn to read to rescue her brother from ices clutches. Taking a deep breath the assassin turned to the young man "I am ready to learn, educate me" sharp brown eyes were determined as was the rest of her. Her brother had to be saved.

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Heading back to the house with her, Julian's thoughts lingered on his parents for a while. He missed them so much that it hurt, and he was often finding himself turning to talk to them before realising that they weren't there any more. So glad that Mel was able to stay with him for good now, he set and lit the fire, wanting the comfort while he began to teach her how to read. Finding the books that his mum had used to teach him and the other fosters and settled on the couch with her. "Okay. So this is the alphabet. It's what every word is made out of." Doing his best to keep his handwriting enact, he wrote out all the letters, and showed them to her. "You'll need to learn these first, then you can learn words and sentences. Do you know any words at all already? Or how to write? It's easy to learn both at the same time."

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:23 pm

Settling down near the fire, Melissa interlaced her hands and rested them on her lap while she waited,  paying close attention as he spoke she shook her head. She'd never been taught anything about reading and writing. Staring at the strange squiggles on the paper she frowned not understanding them "I do not know any of these letters and know no words" sighing softly she internally felt troubled, what if it took her months to learn how to read well enough to rescue her brother. Getting a grip on herself, Melissa lifted her gaze from the letters and met Julians gaze steadily "I am ready to learn, teach me" for now her confusing thoughts and feelings were set to the side and ignored, the most important thing right now was learning how to rescue her beloved brother from Ice. She wasn't stupid, she knew that her brother would likely be given her jobs as well as his now, he needed to be just as free of ice as she was now.

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:09 pm

Giving a nod, Julian read out the alphabet to her, giving her time to let them sink in. “Don’t worry about being slow,” he said quietly. “It’ll come to you in the end, it’s okay.” Writing down his name, her name and a few horse related words, he pushed the page over to her. “Once you know what the letters of the alphabet sound like, you can work out what words sound like. You just string the sounds together of the letters and that makes up the word. Try with Ned’s name.” He pointed to the simple word, and watched her, hoping that he was explaining well enough for her to understand.

Main account

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:41 pm

Listening carefully as it was read out to her, she took a deep breath and took the paper when it was pushed over to her, she very carefully and rather fumblingly went over the alphabet several times trying her best to burn the letters into her memory. Finding it difficult to remember to associate what marking to what noise, she struggled with it her brow deeply furrowed as she figured it out as best she could. Melissa would ask for Julians help to identify a letter when she was truly stuck, soon finding it easier to ask him for help the more she did and the more she settled back into the way things had been when they were kids. After about fourty five minutes or so her brain had comprehended all it was going to do for the day, easily fried by this new task that she'd set it. Rubbnig her eyes and feeling a headache starting to come on she sighed hating that she couldn't get this reading business with a snap of her fingers. Then again nothing had ever come to her like that, she'd always had to struggle to survive and learn new combat moves, that was alright it had made her strong now more than able to defend herself and kill anyone who got in her way, she would struggle at this reading business and then it'd click in her head like learning the various fighting movements she'd learnt over the years. feling a bit more secure now that she'd remebered that she leaned back and closed her eyes giving them a break, surprisingly even then the letters were burned into her eyelids

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:41 pm

Coaching her through the alphabet and learning to read, Julian was extraordinarily patient with Mel and her reading, helping her out whenever she asked for it. When she finally set the pad of paper down, he patted her shoulder. “You’re going really well,” he told her, tidying the pad and pens and books away in a pile. “Don’t worry, it’ll take time. You’ll pick it up soon enough.” Tugging on her braid gently, he got up to begin making something for dinner, poking about in the fridge for a while before just making cheese on toast. He wasn’t in the mood for doing much, suddenly feeling more down than before about losing his parents. It was a constant ache and there were times when he just wanted to curl into a ball and not doing anything for a few hours. Knowing that the horses needed him, he hadn’t given in to that impulse yet, but he knew that it was only going to be a matter of time. Coming back out to Mel where he’d left her in front of the fire, he offered her some of the very simple dinner before curling up close. “Sorry it’s not much,” he murmured. “Wasn’t up to making anything really.”

PostSubject: Re: Two fates entwined   

Back to top Go down

Two fates entwined
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next