The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Equus Asinus

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 11:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luna and Jules
horse people
in australia
yabba dabba do
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 12:53 am

He shrugged a bit. "If you're lucky, you might find quick agile horses round the end of pens nearest the brood mares. They're not often around here, since there's not much demand for barrellers. Might be a couple, might not, it's pick of the draw." Heaving the saddle and blanket into the back of the truck, he closed all the doors, and gave a stretch. "Righto, time to find meself a beer, and see what troublesomes I can find. Unless you still need a hand, mate?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 1:22 am

She shook her head when he asked if she needed a hand still and she flashed him a grateful smile. "No I should be fine on my own. Ive already taken up a lot of your time. Go enjoy your beer and I will see you around Julian. Thanks for your advice." she told him with a smile before darting off back to the yards. Near the chestnut gelding she found a bay of similar form and his gait was well balanced and showed good surefootedness. With a comfortable ride on the new gelding she was soon paying for him also and heading towards the broodmares. Approaching the end of the pens she soon spotted three horses with very nice trapezoid sort of shape and she knew that she just might be in luck with these horses. Approaching them the seller stepped forward with a friendly smile and soon the three horses had been looked over in the nearby paddock with no sign of lameness and a good low centre of gravity. Having ridden each one she was deliberating over the blood bay mare or the pinto stallion. Both were quarter horse crosses with quick, sure footing and would be perfect for what she wanted and to be honest she was tempted to buy both.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 1:27 am

Glad that she didn't seem to need more help, he gave her a short nod, and tugged his hat lower to try and lessen the glare of the sun. Leaving Ghost and Ned with a few biscuits of hay, he wandered through the sales, chatting to old friends, and thanking those who congratulated him on the demo. Finally finding a beer, he settled down to wander the more neglected part of the sale pens. Finding nothing that caught his eye, he soon found his beer finished, and that he was back at the temporary paddock. Deciding that it was time to call it a day, he began the process of loading the horses, and was finally on his way home.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 1:34 am

Unable to pick between the pair, who were thankfully completely unrelated back eight generations, she brought them both and started with the mare. Taking her back to the truck she tied her to the side before going to get the two geldings and finally the stallion. Loading them up easily, she had the two geldings separate the to racers and headed home. Arriving she unloaded them into the barn to stay overnight with it becoming dark quickly.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 1:37 am

With the demo done and dusted, Julian was now able to focus more on the mare and the gelding, working with them. The roam was coming along nicely after the couple of weeks of work, no longer acting up when he was ridden bareback. The mare similarly was going well, and Julian was finally able to brush her whole body. The mineral lick had begun to work it's magic on the mares coat, as well as the good, regular feed, but he knew that she still had a long way to go. Leaving her paddock after working with her for a while, he headed over to the roan, pondering whether it was time to reintroduce the saddle.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 1:44 am

As the weeks pass she sent the geldings down to the main farm after getting their hooves trimmed and a quick once-over from the vet. Once they were gone she turned her focus to her comp horses, slowly introducing her newest pair to barrels and so far they were doing wonderfully. They quickly picked up the concept of keeping close to the barrels and she had them trotting the course with ease and a canter home. Soon she would have them cantering between the barrels but they were still somewhat shy of the blue barrels they used so she was taking it slow still. With Nyx and her free-routine for their dressage performances pretty much polished she was able to spend extra time on the new horses. Feeling slightly bad for not heading out sooner she drove her car to Julians to see how Majors training was coming along.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 1:52 am

Humming to himself, Julian could already feel sweat trickling down his back, even this early in the morning. It looked like it was going to be a scorcher of a day, which was a good thing when it came to what he was going to be asking the gelding to do. If it was hot, then the horse would be feeling lazy, and fingers crossed wouldn't act up as much. Resting the old, light English saddle on the ground outside the round yard, Julian caught the gelding, and took him through the usual warm up routine, still with no equipment except the halter. The gelding was quite happy with it now, and easily went straight into a tort without being asked. Happy with the work, Julian kept him going a while, thinking thought his plan. The saddle sores had healed up nicely, and the light saddle he had ready wouldn't press too hard on the sensitive spots even if they were still a little sore. The big test would be using the stock saddle on him, but that was still a few more weeks away.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 8:49 am

Pulling up she climbed out and made her way over to the round yard where she could see Julian working Major. "Hey. Hows everthin?" she called out leaning against the fencing. She had spotted the old saddle and wondered if he had really gotten the gelding to that point where he was under saddle already. It wasn't that she thought it was a bad thing just a bit surprising that h had worked him up to that stage more quickly than she thought he would.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 10:14 am

He spared a quick glance at the girl before turning his attention back to the horse. "G'day. Chose an interesting day to come." He clicked to the gelding when he began to slow, urging him to keep going for a few more metres, then let him slow for a breather. There was sweat already forming on the horse's hide from the heat. Moving confidently and in no particular hurry, Julian pulled himself onto the gelding's back, asking him to start moving. He was comfortable with being ridden bareback now, and simply started walking, his ears relaxed.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 12:03 pm

Luna tilted her head when he said she had picked an interesting day to come around. "I'm guessing that saddle is gonna go on Major then? First time your tryin?" She asked curiously. Her eyes light up as she watched him swing onto the geldings back and the young horse remained calm. "He's come so far." She said softly watching him work Major with ease.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 12:21 pm

He patted the horse's neck. "Nah, he's a good one. Just picked up some bad habits, that's all." Clicking his tongue, he got the gelding into a trot, sitting easily. "Smooth trot, it's good. If he wasn't so faulty, he'd be a good showhorse." After a few more circles, he brought the horse back down to a walk, then to a stop. "Reckon he's ready. It's only a light saddle, after all." Leaving the horse in the yard, he ducked out and went over to the nearby shed, emerging with a sack of potatoes. Humming absently, he dumped the sack near the gate, and rested the saddle and blanket on the railing before he went inside.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 12:50 pm

Luna laughed softly at his denial that the gelding was a bad horse just had bad habits. "I know. I meant he's come a long way in ditching them." She told him as they went into a trot. "He looks like a dream ride in that trot." She watched curiously as he left the pen and headed to a shed. While he was gone, Major walked over to her and she started to pat him softly. As he came out she spotted the bag and a light bulb clicked. He was getting a weight to place on the roans back without being on there himself. It was a much safer route and she kept quiet as he re-entered the gate with the saddle over the railing so he could saddle the horse.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 12:56 pm

He didn't tether the horse as he worked, letting him move around if he felt he needed to. Keeping hold of the leadrope with one hand, he offered the saddle blanket to the horse to sniff, letting him become used to it before going any further. Once the horse was relaxed, Julian rubbed the fabric over his body before laying it gently on his back. Not letting the horse think about what was on him, he got him walking, following the man until he didn't seem to notice the blanket. Pleased with the horse, and murmuring to him softly, he fetched the light saddle and placed it over the blanket, doing the girth up loosely. Again, he didn't give the horse time to think about acting up, sending him trotting around the fence in a few circles.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 1:36 pm

She watched as he took ahold of Majors leadrope before offering him the saddle blanket. He rubbed it over the geldings body letting him feel it before placing it across his back and she watched as the roan walked obediently around with twitching skin as he got used to the blanket being on his back. Once he had stopped she held her breath as Julian got the saddle on his back and the girth done up before the gelding knew what was happening. Even though he trotted around, Major still dropped his head and did half-bucks around every few steps in am attempt to get the saddle off his back. Finally worn out he smoothed out and stopped trying to remove the weight gripping his body. "He certainly didnt like that." She muttered watching the gelding work.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 1:43 pm

"Nah, he's alright. Been a few months since he was last saddled, I'll bet." Julian kept the horse going around, waiting until his head dropped and his ears relaxed. "There we go," he murmured, and released the pressure, allowing the horse to stop. As had become the gelding's habit, he came over for a pat, and Julian scratched the sweaty neck. "You're working it out, aren't you, hm?" Letting the rope dangle to the ground, he retrieved the sack of potatoes and tied a rope to the neck of the bag before easing it gently into the old saddle. Hooking the rope through the ties already made, he tied it on securely, and sent the horse trotting back around the fence line, keeping him distracted.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 1:51 pm

She nodded at his words and she watched as the gelding soon was submitting to the light pressure on his back and then he was allowed a break. She watched as he came over to Julian for a pat and when he received a scratch the nicker that escaped him made her giggle. He stood still as the man worked on getting the sack of potatoes on his back and when the weight started to hit his back, he shifted flicking his ears back. When he was let go he didnt settle into a trot bit rather attempted to become a rodeo bronco and went nuts around the edge of the ring but surprisingly he still was going in circles and keeping away from the man on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 3:23 pm

Julian simply ignored the tantrum, sending the horse round until he settled. It didn't bother him what the horse was doing, as long as he learned that it wasn't going to work any more. The sack of potatoes were well secured, and it wasn't the first time he'd had to retrain a bucker. When the gelding at long last grew tired of trying to remove the sack, Julian let him have a rest, scratching his neck when he came over. "Easy does it," he murmured to the horse. "You're learning, aren't ya."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 5:11 pm

Huffing the gelding finally stopped bucking, worn out from the heat and force that he had just used attempting to get the weight from his back. His nose was nearly planted on the ground by Julians foot when he was allowed a rest and he leaned into the scratch. Luna slipped through the railings and made her way over to the pair. "No wonder he was putting people in hospital." she mummered as she looked at how he tied the sank onto the saddle. Her hand rested on her geldings flank as she looked back at Julian. "What knots did you use on this?" she asked with a tilt of her head.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 5:15 pm

Julian busied himself with removing the sack, dropping it by the railing. "Just simple half hitches. Easy to remove, easy to secure. You wanna be able to get the sack off if the horse is hell bent on hurting himself." Rubbing the gelding's neck, he removed the saddle, dumping it and the cloth on the railing, and mounted the horse. "Outta the way, sunshine. Best stay outside when I'm working a youngster."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 6:03 pm

Luna watched as Julian removed the sack and saddle with ease dumbing the tack on the railing. Nodding she made her way out between the railings and took up her post on the outside. With the man on the geldings back it gave her a reason to ogle at him shamelessly and she took full advantage. "He looks like hes gonna collapse under you." she said as the gelding remained with his head drooping even as he regained his breath and his muscles twitched under his coat.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 6:06 pm

He simply snorted, amused, and asked the horse to start walking. "He's got no stamina for this sort of heat, that's all. Almost done with him, anyway." When the horse didn't move, Julian clicked his tongue, nudging him forwards. "Come on, bronco. Almost done." After a few moments, the gelding began to walk, and Julian relaxed, letting him move at his own pace. It was only to cool him down a bit, and it was better to do that by riding him than on the ground at this point in time.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 6:28 pm

Luna nodded with a worried look as he encouraged the gelding to walk for cool down and it was clear that the roan didn't want to move at all. "Silly boy." she said when he began to plod slowly around, "You are doing amazing things with him. Hes turning out so much better than I ever thought he would with the way he can carry on." she said softly.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 6:33 pm

"He's still young, still working out the boundaries. The idiots who owned him before simply taught him what he could get away with, nothing more." After a few rounds of the yard, Julian drew the horse to a gentle stop, and slipped off him, rubbing the wet neck. He was hot too, but there was still plenty of work to be done before lunch. "He's been an easy one, to be honest. Not much of a challenge at all." Opening the gate, he left the saddle and sack where they were, and led the tired horse to the hitching post where he could give him a quick hose down to finish the job.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 6:47 pm

Luna followed him over to where he hitch Major and she stayed back as he hosed the sweaty gelding down. "I will take your word for it." she said referring to his challenge comment. Suddenly she slammed into him with fright while she stared at a big brown snake right by where she had just been standing. "Fuckin Snakes." she swore clinging to his body.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 6:58 pm

He jolted in shock when she grabbed on to him, and the sharp movements startled the gelding. Ignoring everything else for the moment, Julian dropped the hose and talked to the horse gently, waiting until he was calm before turning to look at the girl with a lifted eyebrow. "Scared of snakes, sweetheart? Better get used to them around here." He watched as the snake decided not to take its chances, and slithered off. "Strange that it's around the house, usually they're just in the paddocks." Picking up the hose and finishing the job, he turned it off, and wiped the gelding down before turning him loose in the paddock. With a sigh, he took his hat off, running his fingers through his hair. Somewhere along the way, his hair tie had vanished, and he just pushed the wayward strands out of his face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Equus Asinus
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: