The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Equus Asinus

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 11:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luna and Jules
horse people
in australia
yabba dabba do
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 10:57 pm

As the day wore on Luna finally woke up and shakily untracked Star before releasing her into the feild. She was still very dazed and so didn't notice that Nyx was missing from her paddock as she pulled her helmet from her head. She made it as far as the porch before she collapsed again in the shade with the wound facing away from the house.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 11:16 pm

Finally finished with all his outside jobs for now, he left some hay for the dun mare, checked all the water troughs, and headed inside, not giving another thought to the irritating black mare. She could cool off in the round yard, though ideally she’d be gone before nightfall. Finding the stack of paperwork that he’d been putting off, he reckoned now would be a good time to do it, and got himself a beer. Turning the tv on for background noise, he settled at the kitchen table and got to work, barely paying attention to the noise.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 11:54 am

Night soon fell and Nyx was still wandering around the yard calling out. She had settled down for a while but as night fell and she couldn't enter her stall, the Arabian mare became restless again. Luna had woken long enough to enter her house and feed the young pup but had once again collapsed in the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 2:04 pm

Heading out again to feed the animals as the sun began to set, Julian tossed another biscuit of hay in for the mare, simply assuming that the girl had to be at her other property, otherwise she would have rung him back. Resigned to having the spoilt mare around until Luna came back, he left her there, making the rounds of the rest of the horses. Checking their water, and feeding them, he ended with Ghost as always, slipping the stallion a few treats, before feeding the dogs and starting his own dinner.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 3:45 pm

The boys checking the fence arrived back at the house a day early as there had been less damage then they thought there might be. After untacking their horses and tossing them a few biscuits of hay they dispersed. Mark entered the house and found the pup whining at Luna in the lounge room. After checking her over he found the head wound from her earlier fall and sent her into hospital with one of the others while he listened to the irritated message left on the phone. He quickly called the guy back to arrange for Nyx to stay overnight.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 7:52 pm

Hearing the phone, Julian answered it with a curt g'day, still irritated at the mare. At the request, his scowl deepened. "No, you can come bloody well pick her up, or she'll be sent to the knackers. I have enough on my hands without a spoilt brat of a mare making my stallions on edge and ready to break down the fence. Tell your city slicker that she needs to teach the damn thing manners, or someone else won't bother to ring back and tell her it's still damn well alive."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 8:05 pm

Mark raked his hand through his hair and frowned out the window. "That city slicker, as you call her, is currently on her way to the hospital knock out and who knows how long she has been like this. As for Nyx she jumped the fence which is a rarity in its self that mare hardly ever jumps. Ill send someone around for her." he replied back sharply. Hanging up the phone he called for John to go grab the black mare before she got herself shot. Leaving the farm he headed into town in his ute to find out what was happening with Luna.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 8:18 pm

Muttering to himself about the snobby attitudes of city folk come to the country and thinking the knew everything, Julian was waiting outside on the verandah when the person arrived to pick the mare up, though he was over his bad mood. They never tended to last long. A loose horse was dangerous to everyone, especially a black one at night, and it was lucky he'd been the one to find her. Most of the other stockmen would have shot it on sight to get rid of the nuisance. Most of the farms around had at least a stallion for their own breeding, and with the mare in heat, it would have caused a lot of damage to fences and valuable horses. At least he'd been able to secure the mare before she'd gotten hurt, and that was the main thing. If she hadn't been in heat, he would have been quite happy to let her stay the night.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 11:42 pm

Luna reached the hospital and began her scans as the doctors assessed her condition. Meanwhile John drove over to Julians farm with the trailer on the farms ute. Pulling into his driveway the older man looked around for the normally calm mare and finally spotted her in the round pen in the fading light. Pulling up beside it he jumped out and walked over to Julian while placing his hat on over salt and pepper hair. "Sorry the mare caused you issues. Its not like her to jump so shes kept in with low fences." he said after greeting the younger man. "Ill get her out of your hair and lock her up for the night so she shouldn't make her way back here."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 11:46 pm

Coming down to greet the man, Julian simply shrugged, putting his hands in his pockets. "Only reason I got worried is my stallions. The younger's only just grown into his maturity, he's wanting to prove himself, and seems like the mare's in heat. Otherwise, she would have been fine to stay the night. Don't worry about the halter on her, the girl can bring that back later." He had enough spare halters that not having one wouldn't make much difference.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 11:59 pm

John nodded his head slowly. "Aye those young ones can be a handle with a mare in heat nearby. Im sure Luna will bring it back as soon as she can." he replied, "Knowing that kid it will come with food and an apology." He made his way over to the yard and watched the mare for a few moments as she stood there with her head high. "Lets get you home silly girl." he said sliding in through the railings to grab the halter.

Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 12:06 am

"Aye, a bit of a handful, luckily I know how he ticks, so it wasn't too much of an issue as it could have been." He just grinned at the idea of food and an apology, leaning on the railings as he watched the man with the mare. "Full blood arab then? She needs a few manners if you ask me." He was always happy to talk horses with someone, always happy to learn new things.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 12:15 am

John nodded at Julians question. "That she is. Nyx here was a gift from Lunas grandparents when she started going into dressage." he explained as he patted the mare gently, "She normally is well-behaved but once she goes into heat this girl can be flighty. Normally she gets worked more but with the new pair in trainin I don't think she got enough and if something spooked her. Well lets just say she goes to places she has been before." He lead her from the yard with ease holding onto the halter as well as the lead rope he had clipped onto it. He tied her to the side and crouched to run his hands over her legs carefully.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 12:33 am

Most mares in his experience became more flighty when in heat. "Interesting behaviour then. Might want to take a look at it if she's going to be working the new ones more. Can't keep having a flighty mare running around loose. What happened tonight was best case-scenario. I can't say the same for my neighbours. They'd likely sell her on, she looks valuable." Leaving the round yard gate open as was his habit when there were no horses in there, he waited until the man and mare were gone before heading off to bed, glad that it had all been worked out.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 5:21 pm

John nodded at his words as he strapped on the travel boots he had for the mare. "Might need to get someone on her back for a basic run to make sure she gets the extra work." he said before loading her into the trailer. "Ill see you around Julian." With that he pulled out and headed back to the ranch. Once there he locked Nyx in her stall and left it at that.

It was a few days before Luna made it back to Julians and she parked her car near his house. She climbed out and in her hands was the halter and a closed container.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 6:10 pm

Julian was busy working with the dun mare when he heard the car, but he ignored it. The mare was coming along nicely, allowing him to brushed her all over, except for her head. He was working on picking up her hooves, but whenever he bent down, she fled, so it was taking a while. Finishing up with her, he left the small paddock she was in, tossing the brush and hoofpick into the bucket he kept at the gate, and eyed Luna. "Back so soon, sheila?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 8:51 pm

She shrugged lightly with a small smile. "The doc cleared me for short drives today so I figured I would bring back your halter and an apology gift." she told him holding her hands out, "I hope you like brownies." Her cheeks were mildly red as she blushed with embarrassment over what Nyx had done on him.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 9:40 pm

He gave her a gentle smile, taking the offered container. "I do, actually. There was no need to bring them over, just the halter would have been fine." Slinging the halter over his shoulder, he leaned on the fence, studying her. "How's the mare? No harm done, I hope? She seemed very flighty, might need some more work done with her to settle her down."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 9:52 pm

She shook her head slightly at his comment. "Nyx caused you trouble it's the least I could do for you. Consider it my apology for it." She told him with a smile, "She's fine thankfully the boys have been riding her for me as I'm a bit to bruised to get up into the saddle right now. Normally when she comes into heat I spend time hacking her but she is a little early coming into heat compared to the past years so I wasn't ready for it. My own fault really for not keeping more of an eye on her." She brushed a stray lock of hair off her face as she looked into the paddock at the dun mare. "How is she coming along?" Luna asked him.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:04 pm

He simply chuckled. "She was alright once I got her in the yard. I was just worried about Ghost getting to her." Glancing over at the mare, he gave a half shrug. "Going well, I can brush her whole body now, which is good. She'll end up being a good trail horse I reckon." He returned his attention to Luna instead, studying her. "Your gelding is going well too. Accepting the saddle more and more now. I'll be seeing how he reacts to cattle in the next few days."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:11 pm

Luna looked over at the said stallion when he was mentioned before looking back at Julian. She smiled happily when he told her that Major was going well under saddle. "I'm glad to hear that for both the mare and Major. And maybe one day I will have her go into foal but not yet he might have to wait for a bit longer for he can have a go with her." She said the last part jokingly but put it did hold some underlying consideration.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Her last comment got a proper laugh out of him. "Depends if you want an excitable foal out of her or not. With her arab blood, any foal will be spirited, and everything I've heard about him as a foal makes him out a cheeky bastard." He tilted his head towards the house. "Can I offer you a cuppa, or are you in a rush to get somewhere?" He didn't mind having a sit and a yarn with her, she was beginning to grow on him a little.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:29 pm

Luna chuckled at his description of the stallion as a Colt. "You wouldn't know it now." She told him with a grin, "Though I think any foal from her will be a handful given how she was when I first got her. Might as well go all out and do it right." She shook her head when he asked if she needed to go anywhere. "I have nothing planned other than grooming my horses." She replied, "I would love one."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:39 pm

"Come inside then, I'll put the kettle on." He led her to the house, continuing the conversation. "Yeah, I'm not sure what exactly he was like as a foal, my parents bought him when he was just a yearling." Filling the kettle with water, he flicked the stove on, and set the kettle on the element. "Have a seat, make yourself at home. How do you have your tea?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:52 pm

Luna followed him inside and smiled slightly as he spoke about his parents buying the stallion when he was a yearling. "Was he a gift for you?" She asked softly as she sat at his invitation. "One sugar and no milk please."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Equus Asinus
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: