The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Equus Asinus

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 11:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luna and Jules
horse people
in australia
yabba dabba do
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 11:35 pm

Giving her a nod, he watched her head off before wandering around the grounds to work out where he'd be giving his talk. He was looking forward to it, it had been quite a while since he'd done a training talk. Taking a few moments to watch the dressage, he passed over it like usual, not particularly interested in the boring movements, and ended up heading back to his horses. He needed to take both of them over to the ring in a little while and get them set up.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 11:43 pm

Luna finished with a high score that was near perfect having made only a few tiny mistakes that the judges had caught. Pleased with her first ride she sent Nyx around the warm up area at a walk to cool down a little before she urged the mare to go looking around. She quickly found the area where Julian would be giving his talk and made a mental note of where it was before continuing on. However it wasn't long before she stumbled across a sight that made her heart break. A small weanling foal was standing in a small yard with its head down. She dismounted and made her way over to the youngster, smiling as it looked up at her. Its coat was covered in dirt and she lightly scratched its ears as it moved to the fence. "You poor little darling." she whispered softly to the foal.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 11:51 pm

Heading back to collect his horses, Julian spotted the dark mare and went over, his hands once again in his pockets. “What have you found, sheila?” He leaned on the fence, watching the little foal. “Planning on coming to see my talk, I assume? Might get you to give me a hand if you don't mind it.” Ducking through the fence to see the little foal, he ran gentle hands over it. “Dirty little thing, though that's to be expected. Wouldn't be used to being brushed at all if it's a weanling. Likely only just weaned too.”
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:00 am

Luna looked over at Julian when he walked up. "A little darling foal." she replied with a soft smile, "You said you raised and train a foal right?" She nodded at his request to give him a hand in his talk with an excited gleam in her blue eyes. "I would love to help you." she told him watching as he ran his hands over the young horse.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:09 am

He nodded, moving away as the foal began grazing. “Aye, all the foals I breed et weaned. This one's not lost a mother, she's just been weaned possibly a little early. If you can find her owner, and if he wants to sell, I'll help you train her.” GLancing at the time, he headed out. “Time for me to get going. You coming?” He glanced over his shoulder at her with a friendly smile, and kept heading back to his horses. Bridling Ghost, he left just a halter on Ned, and swung up onto the grey stallion to take them both through the crowds to the arena.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:20 am

Luna positively beamed at the man when he said he would help her train the little filly. "Thank you Julian." she said. She followed him back to the where they were parked and she paused. "Do you want me to bring Nyx?" she asked him as he bridled Ghost up.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:23 am

He shook his head. "No, leave her here. She'll only distract Ghost." Clicking to the stallion, he got him moving into a smooth trot, weaving through the crowds to the arena. Slipping off the horse, he tethered Ned and removed Ghost's bridle to send him cantering in the arena. Following the horse almost casually, he began his talk, free lunging the stallion as he did while he explained how he did his training.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:26 am

Luna nodded and clipped the mare back up with her lead rope and loosened her girth before throwing a light rug over her to stop the mare from getting hit by the sun as it moved despite her being in the shade at that moment. She ran after Julian and stood just outside the gate as he began his talk listening intently as she tried to absorb as much as she could.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:29 am

Soon beckoning her in to hold the gelding, Julian let Ghost roam freely while he worked with Ned and the girl. Finally finishing up the talk, he handed the lead rope to her. "Take him back for me? Have some questions to answer, and that would be a great help, thanks."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:36 am

Luna followed Julians instructions as he guided her to work with Ned and she accepted the lead rope rubbing the geldings nose. "Of course." she said, "Ill tie him in the shade for you." She lead the gelding out of the area and made her way back to the trailers where she gave the bay some water before tying him in the shade like she said she would. She offered Nyx some water as well before she made the decision to go look for the foals owner. After stopping to pat the little filly again first.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:40 am

Answering all the questions that were directed at him, Julian kept absent hold of the stallion, not letting him lunge at anyone, and keeping a hand on the strong neck to keep him calm. When finally all the questions were answered, he mounted and headed through the crowds, quite comfortable bareback on the horse. Spotting that she'd taken care of Ned, he did the same with Ghost, turning them both into the temporary padock he'd put up for them to let them rest before heading home.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:46 am

Luna didn't end up having to look far for the fillys owner as they came up to her as she rubbed her ears. They were able to come to a swift agreement and she was able to somewhat guide the young horse to her trailer. "Some one didn't teach you to lead well did they?" she asked tying her up with enough slack to graze on the grass close to her feet. She finished competing and walked away with a first and a second with some good feedback from the judges who she had spoken with after the awards had been handed out. She loaded the two girls into the trailer and headed home placing the filly into a stall with fresh hay and water where she could get it for the night. She made note to go see Julian in the morning on what to start doing with her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:51 am

With the talk over and done with, Julian was happy to get back to work the next day. Giving both Ned and Ghost the day off, he kept going with the dun mare that he'd rescued. She was going so well now, appearing happy to see him when he came over, and even walking up to approach him. Brushing her, he talked to her softly, trying to gauge when she'd be ready for the next step of teaching her how to be lunged.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:56 am

Luna drove up the driveway parking near Julians house about mid morning the next day. She had let the young filly out into the barn yard that morning with Nyx and she had to smile at how easily Nyx seemed to accept the new in her space. The mare was foal like as she raced with her and danced around the fenced area. Climbing out of the car she made her way over to where Julian was with his dun mare grooming her. "Morning Julian." she said staying outside the fence, "How are you?"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 1:13 am

Looking over as the mare lifted her head sharply, Julian rubbed the golden shoulder gently, calming her before leaving her to it. it was probably long enough working with her anyway. Tossing the brushes into the bucket near the gate, he gave the girl a friendly smile. "Good thanks, and you? End up getting that foal after all, did you?" Letting himself out of the paddock, he pushed his hat back to study her, wondering about her.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 9:20 pm

Luna shifted to look up at Julian and smiled softly. "Im pretty good thanks." she said blushing softly, "I did in the end. She has done some leading as I was able to walk her back to the trailer. If that's what you call it when she kept dancing away from the lead rope when she spotted it." She chuckled softly at the memory of the youngster. "I came to ask for some advice on what to start doing with her, if you have time that is." she asked hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 9:28 pm

He snorted, amused. "No, she wouldn't know how to lead at all. Surprised you managed to get her into the float without her hurting herself. Sure, I'll be able to help." He'd sent off a few client horses off a few days previously, so he had the time to sink into his own projects. "How're your barrelers coming along? Coping with the heat alright?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Luna blushed a little deeper at Julians comment and shifted her weight slightly. She gave him a grateful look when he agreed to help her out with the foal. She hadn't been named yet and she wasn't sure on a name yet either. "Thank you." she said softly. "They are yes. I have them in one of the more shaded paddocks when not in work to help a bit. They are starting to canter around the barrels now."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 10:20 pm

He nodded. "Good idea, they'll get used to it eventually." Tugging his hat down, he headed over to where Spotlight was grazing, ducking through the fence to give the stallion a check over. "Sounds like you know what you're doing with them then." Whistling softly to the gentle horse, he backed him up before letting him go.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 10:28 pm

Luna followed him over to the stallions paddock staying outside the fence watching him check the stallion. "I just thought that working up to full sleep at their pace would be the best way to do it and get the used to it all. I don't want to rush them into anything they aren't prepared for." she told him with a shrug. "I guess that's the same with all training?"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 10:50 pm

He nodded again, only half listening now. The appaloosa stallion was being affectionate for once, nuzzling the man's long hair and knocking his hat off. Giving a soft laugh, Julian simply scratched the strong shoulder and picked up his hat. "Wanting to go for some jumping, Spots? You're being more excitable today."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:03 pm

Luna smiled as she watched the man with his stallion and she had to giggle at the way the appaloosa knocked his hat off. "He is a stunning boy." she said.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:14 pm

He glanced over at the girl. "And so he should be, he's my main stud." The horse pranced a bit, arching his neck as if he knew that he was being admired. "Any stallions of your own, kiddo?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:29 pm

Luna nodded her head at his question watching the stallion prance. "Breaker is my only stallion. I keep him away from Nyx and Star but I hope to stud him out once hes been shown a bit." she replied, "Hes a bit harder to handle but when I get him focused on training he does pretty good. He started cantering first around the barrels for me."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:37 pm

Julian lifted an eyebrow at her, rubbing the stallion's neck one last time before letting himself out of the sturdy paddock and heading over to her gelding he was still re-educating. "A stallion for barrels? He won't do too well. Those sales don't sell good studs, no matter how you train and show them."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Equus Asinus
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: