The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

As the Roo Bounces

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luna is discovering her passion for horses and riding, and is in need of a teacher willing to give her the basic idea. Julian, as always, is busy with his stud farm and training horses, but might have time to squeeze a student in.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 2:28 pm

Luna finished with Ned and was working on Billies when she saw Julian tip a bucket of feed onto the ground. She paused as she picked up the hose for wash the mare off as to see what the chestnut one would do. She winced at the pain that she must be feeling as she tried to eat the offered food.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 2:32 pm

He kept his hands open and in clear view. "I can take it off," he said softly, not moving as she began to nose the food. "Will you let me, ginger? I'll leave you alone afterwards. You're not going to be asked to work here if you don't want it. It's okay."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 2:45 pm

Watching his hands, she was persuaded by the quiet gentle voice, lifting her head, muzzle covered in feed she'd tried to eat. The ginger horse remained still, watching him carefully but giving him a chance, quivering slightly ready to tear away if it got too much for her. fine the acceptance was said softly, quietly, the small red horse ready as she was ever going to be. Work, she liked keeping busy, but she didn't want to pull things anymore, depends what work is shmuck rose added her ears flicking around listenng to theh sounds of everything going on
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 2:53 pm

"That's a girl," he murmured, moving carefully so that he wouldn't startle her. Beginning with the flash band, he unbuckled it, releasing her mouth. "There we go, flash off. Bridle next, okay?" He wanted to put his hand on her neck, let her know where he was, but he refrained, sure that touch would only scare her. Moving just as quietly as before, he carefully unbuckled the bridle, lifting it off her ears. "Alright, all you need to do is pull back, ginger. Then you'll be right."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 3:03 pm

Shaking more as he got closer she was able to hold still as hands came towards her, beginning to shift and fidget as he undid the noseband and then the throat lash she shot backwards as he reached what looked like her ears, luckily he'd already grasped the bridle and lifted it so when she pulled backwards and took off her head was free although she still had the halter on that was far too tight. Snorting and tossing her head she watched him, waiting for him to move awya from the food before she returned to it and took a huge mouthful stuffng as much food in as she could
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 3:31 pm

He moved away once she was free of the bridle, taking the bucket with him and leaving her to her feed like he'd promised. Slinging the bridle over his shoulder to look at later, he found that Luna had seen to both horses, and he gave her a quick grin in gratitude. "Good work, you're learning. Saddles got the best of you this time though, I saw?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 6:14 pm

Luna blushed deeply at his comment and gave an embarrassed shrug. "Yeah its heavier than it looks." she told him as she rolled the hose up. "Thankfully it was mostly my pride that took a hit." She looked at the bridle and the red foam still clinging to it. "I bet shes glad to have that off." she said softly as she glanced at the mare who was eating swiftly.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 6:42 pm

He just grinned. "You'll work up the strength. They're heavy saddles in the first place." Shrugging the bridle over his shoulder more as it began to fall off, he nodded. "yeah, bet she is. Wouldn't have been able to eat properly even if she hadn't had the flash done up so tight." Tipping his hat back, he surveyed the horses. "Leave Billie there, I'll use her this arvo. You can take Ned back to his paddock and we'll call it a lesson, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 6:58 pm

Luna nodded sadly at his words. "Poor thing." she breathed untying Ned. "Sounds good to me. Same time next week then?" She asked hopefully. The lesson may have turned into a rescue mission but she was happy with the way it had turned out as she had not only practised riding but also saved a life.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 7:18 pm

He nodded. "If you reckon you're still up to it. Same time works well" He gave her a quick grin and headed off, dropping the bridle on the verandah before he released a couple of dogs. He had to work with the younger ones, start teaching them how to herd the sheep and the cattle around nicely.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 8:10 pm

Luna nodded with a smile as Julian left, heading for his dogs. She lead Ned over to his paddock and released him from his halter before going to drop it off in the shed. Biting her lip as she watched the mare, she went over what she had to do. With nothing pressing she made her way over to Julian as he released some of his dogs. "Is there anything I can do to help you out Julian?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 8:35 pm

He glanced at her thoughtfully, letting the dogs run off some energy before he got down to training them. "I'll be calling the vet about the mare once I'm finished with these rascals. Might need an extra pair of hands to deal with the mare once he gets out here. Sometime this arvo, not sure when, but it'd be handy if you're willing and not squeamish."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 8:37 pm

Finishing the feed, Rose lifted her head watching the man warily, lickng her lips clean of the tasty food. Dropping her head she began to graze, ears keenly listening into what was going on, wanting to know straight away when things were going to happen. The grass was long and green and she greedily stuffed her face, she hadn't had grass to eat like this in years, most of the grass back where sh'ed been had been short and brown, although some how the shetland had always managed to remain fat and round. Reminded of her missing herd, the animal called out for them around a mouthful of food, vet... what was a vet again? managing to remember she snorted and moved away from them
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 9:48 pm

Luna nodded her head as a dog came closer to sniff her and she smiled down at it. "Of course anything to help. In the meantime what else can I do?" she asked pulling her gaze away from the pup.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 10:02 pm

He shook his head, whistling the dogs back to him. They came and sat obediently at his heels, not going near the girl. He'd taught them that it wasn't allowed unless he said so. "Well unless you know how to train six month old pups, you can go," he suggested, not unkindly. "Come over sometime after lunch, say 2. The vet should be round here by then."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 10:10 pm

Luna shook her head when he asked if she knew how to train 6 month old pups. "No I would have no clue. I will see you a bit later than." she said with a wave. Turning she walked back to her car and drove home.

It was almost two when she parked her car again and climbed out with a hat on hand as she wasn't sure how long this was going to take. She shut her door and placed it on her head as she looked around for Julian as the vet was not yet there.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 10:29 pm

Having called the vet and book a time of about quarter past, Julian was working with the grey stallion. Sitting into the light saddle, the man pushed the horse through the jump course, his hands light on the reins. Mostly guiding the powerful animal with the pressure of the reins on his neck, or by shifting his weight, he completed the simple course easily, and brought the sweating stallion to a gentle stop as he spotted the girl. Trotting the stallion over, he aimed a grin at her. "Good, on time. Few minutes til the vet'll get here. I'll need you to help him while I stay out of sight until she's out." he kept his voice low, unwilling for the mare to overhear.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 10:32 pm

Mostly minding her own business and getting brassed off with the stupid hobbles, the mare had watched as best she could the stallion doing the course. if that was work then that seemed like more fun than pulling stuff, annoyed at the flies and unable to do anything about them apart from stamp she lifted her head watching as the girl returned. The man on the stallion moved over and spoke to her quietly, too quietly for her to hear, suspicious, suspicious indeed, promptly moving herself to a far corner, and not interested in grass at the moment she parked her rear in the corner of the fence and perked her ears listening intently the unnatural intelligence of the animal showing through its gaze
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Luna nodded as Julian spoke about the mare. "Sure thing. You looked amazing on the course too." she replied softly keeping her hands by her side. She did want to pat the stallion but did like her hand and her lessons to much to risk it. Her head turned at the sound of a car coming closer and and spotted the vets van pulling up nearby.

John jumped from the van and made his way over to the pair. "Julian. Miss." he said coming to a stop. "That the girl." His voice was quiet as he tipped his head in the general direction of the mare.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 10:42 pm

Julian grinned at her, pulling the stallion's nose in when he went to graze. "He's learning. Only small for now, but he'll get there eventually." Seeing the vet, he moved the stallion over, greeting him cheerfully. "Aye, that's the one. Luna here will help you, I've got to keep going with this one down the hill a way. Don't want the mare suspecting me. You know your way around." Tipping his hat to them both, he wheeled the stallion around and headed down the hill, out of sight of the ginger mare in the yard.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 10:45 pm

If horse eyes could narrow, hers would have done so, stamping at the flies again her ears went from perked to flattened back against her head a disgusted look entering her eyes. This stranger smelled of various drugs and soap, she didn't like him, one step into her paddock and she wouldn't hesitate to attempt to end his life. She didn't tolerate anyone, people were horrible, watching as Kangaroo Jack rode off, a back foot stamped irritably, you haven't got me fooled she thought angrily flicking her head threateningly
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 10:54 pm

Luna looked at Jack as he waved a hand before him. "After you miss." he said to her and she gave him a small smile. "Its Luna." she told him as they walked, "I don't think we will get close to her." John shook his head as he opened the door and pulled out a dart gun. "Your right which is why we will use this." he told her measuring out the dosage needed. Loading the gun he remained behind his van while Luna went to pull Roses attention towards her before John shot her with the dart.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 11:02 pm

She didn't take her eye off of the vet, the girl was ignored, she could be savaged later Fucking coward! Get your princess ass out from behind the van I'll take you on anytime you freak! Luckily for her, her yards were high and were made so it would be difficult to take the shot from so far away. She opted to stay far away thus making herself a smaller target, and watching him carefully as he moved aiming the gun, her movements meant it took several long minutes before finally she was hit. Rearing and mentally cussing the dirty bastard for resorting to such cheap shots, it was several long moments before she went down still fighting the tranquilizer
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 11:08 pm

Luna watched as the mare fell heavily to the ground and she made her way into the paddock. She kept out of reach of the mare once she was that she was still fighting as John brought his bag over. "Shes nearly out." he said taking her in. Once she was out cold he moved forward and knelt beside the mare. "Alright lets get her vaccinated and then we can tackle the rest." he said as Luna moved closer. She gently unbuckled the halter and pulled it free as John gave Rose every vaccine he could.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 11:12 pm

Guessing that the mare would be down now, Julian came back up, tethering the stallion to the fence casually before ducking through the slats. Crouching at the mare's back, he handed Luna the clippers he'd picked up on the way. "Start with her tail, see if you can get some of those dreadlocks out so she can actually use it." He got to work on the ill-fitting harness, giving up quickly on the buckles and pulling out his pocket knife to cut through the old leather. "What do you say about those hobbles, John? Been on her a while I'd say. She's developed quite the gait to deal with them."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As the Roo Bounces
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: