The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

As the Roo Bounces

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luna is discovering her passion for horses and riding, and is in need of a teacher willing to give her the basic idea. Julian, as always, is busy with his stud farm and training horses, but might have time to squeeze a student in.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:24 pm

The mare could smell the fear, good, flicking her head she fenced walked up and down waiting for the girl to reappear. It was too bad she hadn't been able to bite her, oh well there was always next time, watching Kangaroo Jack wander over to the shed Rose sighed and moved away grabbing a mouthful of grass. A few parts of the mans words were brought to her sensitive ears, hmph next time she would kill her, women they were all just like Ice to her, not to be trusted worse than men. No one could be trusted, they all just hurt you, it was better to not let them catch her to stay out of reach and remain as free as she could be.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:33 pm

Luna looked up at Julian as she lent against a wall shaking from the encounter. She gave him a shaky smile and nodded her head. "I just wanted to see how she was going." she said softly as she played with the lead rope in her hands. "Right Ned ok." Pushing off the wall she slipped out and headed to grab Ned from his paddock. Greeting the bay with an ear rub she put the halter on and lead him to the hitch area where she started to groom him with the brush she had shoved in her back pocket.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:41 pm

Julian nodded, gathering out the saddle for Ned while she got the horse. Hanging it over the hitching rail where Ned liked to be, he went back inside the shed and came back out with the lunge lead and whip, as well as the horse's bridle, leaning the long whip against the rail as well. Waiting for the girl to finish grooming Ned, the man chewed absently on a piece of hay.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:48 pm

Feeling more calm after grooming Ned she finally noticed Julian had brought out his tack and a lunge line. "What are we doing today?" she asked as she set the brush down and pulled the hoof pick from her pocket. She shoved hard against Ned to get his hoof up and managed to do it the second time round as the first wasn't strong enough to off balance him.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:50 pm

He leaned on the railing watching her. "Trotting," he finally answered, a little distracted. He'd had a call about other horses in the sales yard supposed to be coming in the next day, and he was planning on being there to pick them up. Word was they were from the same seller as the ginger mare.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:57 pm

Luna hummed softly and finished picking Neds hooves with a bit more ease. Finished she placed his saddle pad on and went for his saddle. "Has something come up, Julian? You seem a little distracted there." she said with a tilt of her head. "Are more horses coming in from the same person who had the mare?" She didn't know if they were or weren't it was just a stab in the dark as she lifted the saddle from the railing to attempt to get it on the bays back.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 10:08 pm

"No just thinking," he said. "Planning for the week ahead, that's all. Let me grab that for you. Ned's a tall horse." He took the saddle and put it on the horse before pointing at the girth and kicker. "Your turn. Do it up, then I'll check. Girth first, kicker next. Leave the halter on him when you bridle him this time."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 10:33 pm

Luna nodded at his words and let the grip she had on the saddle as he took it. Stepping forwards she carefully tightened the kicker than girth and checked to make sure they were done up properly. Happy she picked up Neds bridle and unclipped his lead rope to put his bridle on. "Round yard?" she asked Julian as she did the buckles up.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 10:35 pm

He checked the girth, tightening it another few holes. "Don't undo the leadrope until the bridle is on properly. For all you know, he could have been waiting to bolt." Picking up the whip and lunge rope, he nodded. "Yep, round yard again. Head on in and get on, I'll be right behind you to close the gate."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 10:43 pm

Luna blushed and nodded as she started towards the round pen. Once inside she managed to get herself into the saddle with more ease as she got better at it. She settled into the saddle and looked back towards Julian waiting for instructions as he hadn't told her to do anything more than get on the geldings back.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 10:49 pm

Closing the gate behind them, Julian clipped the lunge line to the gelding's bridle, slipping it through the inside loop of the bit, and clipping it to the outside one. Backing away to the centre, he clicked to the gelding, setting him off into a walk. "Right, ignore the reins today, I've got control of him. We're going to go faster today, so take advantage of his walk to figure out your balance and how you're sitting."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 10:53 pm

Luna looped the reins over the front of the saddle to lower the risk of the getting in the way. She adjusted her seat slightly by relaxing her shoulders and thighs while moving with Neds gait. Her hands rested on her knees as she found her balance on his stride and soon was sitting as she needed to be with her balance settled.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 10:59 pm

He eyed the reins, but said nothing as he was satisfied they weren't pulling on Ned's mouth. "Alright. He's got a steady trot. Might be a bit bumpy, but it's smoother than most others I got. Grip with your knees when he starts to go faster, don't be afraid to hold onto the saddle horn if you need to. I'd rather you bounce around and try to get back in place than bail and fall off. Watch his shoulders, pick one to rise on and make sure you do it when that leg goes forward. Ready?" He clicked to the gelding, lifting the whip a little in his left hand, and the gelding moved smoothly into his trot, continuing to go round the edge of the yard.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:05 pm

Luna nodded as her gaze turned to Julain briefly and she tightened her grip on the dale between her knees. She had barely any warning before the gelding stepped his pass at at a command and she almost instantly grabbed the saddle horn as she fought to find the rhythm will looking like a sack of potatoes. It was a little un co-ordinated when she started to get the hang of rising with to the bounce but she would still sometimes be to slow to rise with the aid and would bounce.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:17 pm

He grinned as he watched her, keeping the gelding moving steadily. "Relax your shoulders," he called out. "It won't be helping your balance. Use the horn to help you rise and fall, it's okay. Once you get the hang of it, you'll find it much easier." He kept her going round for a few more circles, then slowed the gelding and brought him into the centre. Swapping the line around so he'd go round the other way, he looked up at Luna. "How's it feeling? Any questions?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:29 pm

Luna used the horn and relaxed her shoulders finding it easier to balance. She was just getting the hang of it when Julian pulled them to the centre and asked her how it felt. "It felt like I was a sack of potatoes or something but using the horn helped as did relaxing my shoulders. I think Im finding the rhythm for it. Is it always so bouncy?" she replied looking down at him, "It never looks like it would be this bouncy." She felt like a fool asking but she was curious to find out if it was just because she was only just learning or if it was all the time.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:32 pm

He just laughed softly. "He's got a relatively smooth trot. You wouldn't want to learn on an arab, they've got very bouncy trots. Once you get used to it, it's easier to anticipate, and then you can begin experimenting with standing in your stirrups the whole time, or sitting to it the whole time, like you need to do in dressage. I tend to sit in these saddles, they're more made for it, but you can rise to it as well." Sending the gelding away again, he got him going in the opposite direction. "Let's try again." He didn't wait for her response, clicking to the gelding to get him going. As he truned, the man continued the explanation. "Different horses have different gait speeds. Ghost has quite a long stride, and so his trot is a bit less bouncy and more smooth. Ned it more on the average side, but it's not choppy like some of the youngsters I get. That happens because they're impatient to go faster."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:51 pm

Luna nodded her head at his words as she absorbed them. "So this would be the general bounciness of most horses." she finally said once she was rising in a half decent rhythm. "Young horses are like kids always on the run. It doesn't come as a surprise that they would want to go faster." She felt like she was slowly getting the hang of the rise and fall of the gait as she posted to it with less and less fumbles.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:55 pm

"Nah, his is slower than most. Good for beginners and long distances, but that's about it." Seeing the horse begin to slow, he clicked to him, keeping him going. "Young horses just haven't installed brakes yet, nothing more. I simply teach them that brakes are okay, and won't stop them from going fast." Watching her critically, he reminded her again to relax her shoulders. "Always tense, sweetheart. It doesn't help the horse."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 12:00 am

Luna blushed and relaxed her shoulders. "Sorry I don't even notice I'm doing it." she said as she rose and fell. "So horses can go faster like this?" She managed to keep her shoulders more relaxed as she fell than she did when she rose and so she started to not use the saddle horn to pull herself up to see if it helped her relax more.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 12:03 am

"Trotters are used in racing, so yep. Standardbreds have lovely trots, I've had a couple here a few times. They're lovely natured things, good for people wanting to learn how to break in a horse themselves - especially if they've come from the races." Watching her steadily, he nodded in absent approval as she began to get the hang of it. "Good, you're relaxing more." It seemed that talking got her to relax more, since she wasn't thinking about what she was doing. "Don't think about it, just follow what your body sees as automatic now."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 12:09 am

Luna did as Julian suggested and her movements flowed even better with Neds as her body relaxed while she thought over the information that he had given her. "I had no clue that there were trot races but it must be easier on the horses than the poor thoroughbreds and that hard gallop they are always in." she said, "Is it really easier to break in a horse who has gone from training to be fast to suddenly at a near standstill compared to what they were doing?"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 12:18 am

He lifted a shoulder. "Not really. The thoroughbreds love their running, most of them. That's why they keep doing it. If they didn't like it, they wouldn't run. Standies are the same, they adore trotting." He clicked to Ned again, keeping the horse going. "Well, they're already used to harness and bridle. You just have to teach them how to be backed, and how to canter, really. Good beginner projects."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 12:24 am

Luna tilted her head slight and gave a small shrug. "They may love it but the strain it puts on them and their legs must cause damage more than it doesn't." she countered, "I can see how they would be a good project for a more experienced rider. Was a standy what you started with?"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 12:27 am

He shrugged. "Depends on the breeding. Thoroughbreds were bred to run, so that's what they do best. Standie were bred to trot, so that's what they do best." He grinned at her mention of him starting on a standy. "Gods no. I started on one of my other geldings here. He's 17. I was eight when he was bred and born here, my dad helped me train him from foalhood to being completely broken in. I'll show him to you one day, he's a lovely thing now. Ned was who I learned to ride on, he's 23 or so now. Nearly ready for retiring."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As the Roo Bounces
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: