The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

As the Roo Bounces

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luna is discovering her passion for horses and riding, and is in need of a teacher willing to give her the basic idea. Julian, as always, is busy with his stud farm and training horses, but might have time to squeeze a student in.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:55 pm

Spotting another horse that was within touching distance she slowed down to a standstill sniffing the bay gelding through the bars of the arena, checking that the black stallion was close to her and not taken away. It's okay angus we'll be okay, we'll find her d-don't you worrythe voice was that of a young woman although judging by how white her coat was the mare should be far older than that. Feeling a little more secure with another horse there, the mare lowered her head to nose the black pony her flanks heaving with exhaustion.

The seller was a man with a very neat outfit and sharp grin "price? what are you talking about, this here is an auction which is set to start soon, starting price is four thousand, shes a proven breeder, pure arabian always foals without a hitch and produces stunning foals." he glanced at the black scruffy thing "The black shetland mix is 800" smirking at the pair of them and eyeing the girl who was practically clinging to Julians leg Mathew turned and had a couple of words with some of the others who were keen on the mare
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:01 am

Ned reached out, whickering gently at the mare in greeting before dropping his head to sniff at the black pony. Angus pressed close to Renee, trembling from exhaustion. He just wanted to lie down and not get up again, but if he did that, Renee would be taken from him. He couldn't let that happen, not after their leader had been taken from them.

Julian simply scowled, irritated that he had to stick around with all these pompus bastards. However, he was secure in the knowledge he'd be able to win the bids, and he settled comfortably in the saddle, crossing his arms and leaning on the horn. The shetty stallion would be easy to secure, he looked to be far too cheeky and worthless for anyone to actually want. The mare would be the hard one, especially if she was a proven breeder. Hearing the soft voice in his head, he sighed.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:04 am

Jason sneered and moved away slightly to stand closer to where the mare was and his eyes ran over her form with greed. He didn't think he would have much completion for her as he planned to go in at 6 grand as soon as he could get his hand up. He wanted the mare and knowing the pathetic pony was separate made his job easier. He just wouldn't bid on him.

Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:13 am

It was all too loud here, loud voices, noises and horses calling out, not wanting to stay still with all these people hanging around she began moving again a quick walk head up and taking every thing in snorting anxiously. Too tired to trot around now, she dropped her head to make sure her friend was still there, she didn't like all the eyes on her she wanted to go back to the paddocks where she and the other two of their herd had spent days and nights together.

The seller glanced at his watch and pushed through the crowd roughly bumping past Luna, quietly talking with another man the auction was soon after officially started. The pony was first, despite quite a few people wanting the grey mare the man was very certain that Julian and the other buyer would be the two fighting to get her. Good it was always more amusing when there was a fight to be had over an animal,
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:17 am

Too tired to move now that the man wasn't chasing them around, Angus let his head droop, his muzzle brushing against the ground. He'd fared better than Rose, having been mostly forgotten about, and so had very few wounds or scars on him. Forcing himself to move, his feet dragged as he followed the mare, still keeping his nose touching her leg.

Keeping quiet for the beginning of the auction, Julian wasn't surprised when he won the auction of the little pony. At least that was one that he could bring back to the ginger mare. Narrowing his eyes against the glare, he tugged his hat down further to shade his face, absently chewing on a piece of the hay he kept lengths of in his hat band.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:21 am

The man entered the ring and snapped a leadrope onto the small ponys head collar much to Renees dismay, lead out of the ring the ponys leadrope was handed to Julian. The grey mare on the other hand became much more frantic running up and down the length of the areena trying to get to the shetland mix. Frantic calls left her and she was soon in a blind panic hardly aware that the auction for her had begun
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:24 am

The pony put on the brakes as only a pony knew how to, refusing to move from Renee despite the tight halter digging painfully into his head. Eventually being roughly dragged from the arena, he tugged at the rope, trying desperately to get back to her, and calling to her constantly. Julian simply wrapped the rope around the saddle horn, talking softly. "Easy, pony. Your mare friend's back at home, you won't be alone." Very much aware that he was going to be forking out a small fortune on the mare, he kept quiet in the bidding until it was just the pompous bastard left before putting in a bid.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:29 am

Luna watched as they pulled the small pony from the mares side sending both into a panic and she looked down at the little guy under Neds neck. "Easy buddy it will be ok. She will be with you again soon." she said positively trying to reassure him.

Jason raised his hand into the air to enter his bid. "Six grand." he called out confidently as he knocked most small bidders from the auction swiftly. If he was going to have a fight on his hands then let it be with a real bidder.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:31 am

Angus flattened his ears at the female voice, pulling away even harder. Women just hurt them, she'd hurt Rose so much, and she'd been the one to make the men take Renee precious babies. Hearing the bid, Julian stayed quiet until he was sure that no one else was going to enter before calling out in a quiet voice. "Eight."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:34 am

Luna cringed at the ponys reaction to her and turned her attention back to the auction.

Jasons eyes turned to the man with a harsh glare and a sneer as he raised the bid again. "Nine." he called out firmly.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:35 am

Julian ignored the idiot man, keeping his eyes on the white mare as she moved around in a panic. He had to win her, if only to reunite her and the pony. It was clear that they were herdmates. "Ten," he said simply, almost absently. He had no upper limit, he knew he had the money to outbid on this particular mare.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:37 am

Jason rolled his shoulders as he thought. The mare wasn't worth much more despite her paces and good foaling recorded but he went again. "11" he stated.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:39 am

It was like the stockman was having a conversation about the weather. "Eleven and a half." Hopefully this would help the ginger mare thaw out, once she realised she wasn't alone again. She'd been calling out for her herdmates all week.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:40 am

"12" Jason spat out knowing that if the other bid again he would be able to get the mare. To him she wasn't worth much more than what he could get from her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:43 am

Aware that he'd won, Julian aimed a cheeky grin at the other man. "And a half." It was well worth the money to piss off the man, as well as securing the mare. Ignoring that the pony was still trying to fight his way free, he rested his gentle eyes on the mare. She was going to be okay, though it looked like she was afraid of men. That was going to make things interesting.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:46 am

Having worked herself up into a state she was difficult to catch and all but pulled the man leading her to the gate where she made her way to angus nuzzling and whickering to the small animal. So happy to be with him again she didn't register the rope being handed to the man ontop of the bay horse, sweaty and panting the pretty mare up close needed her feet done but apart from that she was in perfect health.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:47 am

Jason snarled and spun from the ring as he stormed off swearing under his breath. He may have lost that mare but there were others around that would get him more than she would in his eyes now.

Luna watched on silently as the other man stormed off in a huff and she looked up at Julian. "Im guessing he had a break point then." she said conversationally, "Do you need help getting them home? Im sure Uncle Mark wouldn't mind grabbing me from the end of your driveway on his way home if you do."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:51 am

Concentrating on the mare, Julian let the two horses have a decent amount of leadrope to follow behind the gelding. Running his experienced eyes over the pair of them, he was pleased to see that they were in much better condition than the ginger mare had been, thought they both need their feet done, and possibly their teeth as well. Finally registering the girl, he glanced down at her. "Silver linings to every cloud, don't they say?" He winked at her, breaking off to have a conversation with the seller for a moment. He'd mail the cheque in for the pair of them once he got home. Turning his attention back to her, he lifted an eyebrow. "Have a horse to pony them back on do you? They're not going to get into a float."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:57 am

Luna blushed at his wink smiling and shook her head at his question. "If uncle Mark got the trained mare he was after then I do as she was coming with tack but I can walk one. It doesn't look like you will get them going any faster than a walk at this point. They look exhausted." she replied softly as the pair stuck together with heaving sides from their panic.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 1:11 pm

Settling down some now she was back with her herdmate the mare lifted her head from the fat ponys fur and watched the man on the horse suddenly wary. Always having been nervous around males the days work hadn't helped that in anyway, prancing slightly Renee moved away using what rope she had to stay away her brown gaze flicking to angus. wanting to stay with the small stallion but wary of all the men around her, snorting anxiously she also made a point of staying away from the seller. The well dressed man had been expecting the money to come in cheque form, Julian had brought enough from the pens over the years that a cheque instead of instant cash was accepted. His sly eyes roved over the girl again, she was a little younger than the man on the horse "Got no more from where they came from, except the grey mares foals but the owner is keeping them" it was highly unlikely the formidable woman would part with them, the mare was only here because she'd gotten agressive when they took foals away from her. Pinching the blonde girls ass he winked at Julian before wading back through the crowd he had other horses to sell after all
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Julian tilted his head to the seller. "Keep me in mind if any more come," he said simply, and headed away from the crowd with the horses. "Let's just get out of this crowd. The mare's antsy enough, I don't want to make her worse." Finally getting out of the crowd, he looked down at the girl again, and studied the horses. "Take the mare, actually. Looks like she's nervous around men, see if you cna calm her a little. Don't touch her though. You don't know what she'll do."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Luna kept close to Ned as Julian guided them out of the crowd and she kept looking back to make sure the creepy sales man wasn't trying to pinch her ass again. She looked up at Julian as he studied the horses and her before seeming to come to a decision. "I wont." she told him moving around closer to the mare to take her lead rope while still leaving her some distance to move away from her. She had quickly flicked a text to her uncle when Julian had finished speaking to let him know where she was going.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 6:53 pm

He nodded, nudging Ned into a walk again. The pony tugged backwards on the rope until he realised that the mare was still with him, and then began walking, dragging his feet in exhaustion still. Looking over his shoulder, Julian watched the mare. "Keep her and the pony between you and Ned. The closer they are together, the calmer they seem to be. It's an easy walk back, luckily."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 7:04 pm

Luna nodded at his words and placed herself on the right side of the mare so she was beside the pony. "Are these the other mares herd mates?" she asked him after a few minutes as they all settled into stride with each other. She didn't have much of the lead rope in her hands but the mare seemed happy enough to remain with the little guy.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 7:15 pm

"I reckon so." He couldn't say why, of course. he'd promised his foster kid that he wouldn't let on what she'd taught him, but he was almost certain the three horses would know each other. Whistling lightly, he guided Ned down the road to his farm, glad that it wasn't a long walk for the girl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As the Roo Bounces
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: