The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

As the Roo Bounces

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luna is discovering her passion for horses and riding, and is in need of a teacher willing to give her the basic idea. Julian, as always, is busy with his stud farm and training horses, but might have time to squeeze a student in.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 11:21 pm

Hearing the car, and the dogs beginning to bark, Julian whistled at them to shut them up and came down the stairs. "Before you grab Ned, see if you can get the leadrope off the white mare. She's too terrified of men."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 11:26 pm

Luna looked at Julian when he spoke and nodded her head. "Ill give it a go." she said hanging the halter over the gate to Ned and Ghosts paddock. Walking over she slipped into the paddock by the gate and gently clicked her tongue to get the mares attention. "Hey pretty girl, how are you?" she asked softly as she slowly walked forward with her hands visible, "I just want to get that lead rope off. Will you let me?" She paused when she was still just out of reach to make sure the mare didn't suddenly take off.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 11:32 pm

Rose looked up from her grazing at the noises, flattening her ears and eyeing the girl she waited for her to come within reach hoping to grab a nice mouthful of skin. Nickering at the grey mare, Rose waited anxiously wishing she was in the paddock so she could keep the human away from her herd. Oi! blonde booty bitch! stay away from bird and Lucky charms, i'll bite your stupid bloody face off! wanting to fit through the gaps or jump the fence to get to her herdmates rose was not pleased. Renee had moved away towards the fence where rose and Angus were, picking up a few stray blades of grass she nibbled them daintily while watching the girl carefully.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 11:39 pm

Luna flicked her gaze to the chestnut mare and sighed softly. "I only want to get the lead rope off so your friend doesn't get hurt and then I will be out of here. Im not going to hurt anyone." she told Rose stay where all three could see. "Im going to come a little closer sweetheart and it will only take one second. Then I will leave you alone for today I promise." She kept her movements slow as she walked making sure that all three could see her and see that she wasn't trying to harm them.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 11:44 pm

Not bloody likely, you look too much like ice for my liking! the mare thought, knowing that the daft girl wouldn't be able to hear her. Rose pawed at the earth then threw Julian a withering look whch told him exactly what she thought of him for allowing the girl near Renee. Only able to watch and Seethe as Renee became more focused on the girl her ears perking forward, looking very worried the pretty thing snorted anxious about the proximity of the girl to herself yet she held still
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 11:50 pm

Luna got within reach and slowly closed her hand around the clasp. "Easy sweetheart, just a few more seconds. There we go." she said softly as she unclipped the lead rope from the halter, "That's a girl. See all done." She slowly stepped back and raised the lead rope up so the grey mare could see it was off. She slowly coiled it up so it wasn't on the ground anymore before she backed away with her hands visible to the horses not turning until she could see the fence running either way in her peripheral vision. She slipped out of the paddock and made her way back to Julian.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 11:52 pm

Beginning to tremble the mare had started moving backwards when the hand had closed around the clasp, quivering she held still watching as the girl unclipped her halter and backed off. Wheeling around she trotted back to rose, leanng through the fence to nose her seeking comfort from the leader of their rag tag band.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 11:56 pm

Angus kept close to Renee, almost like they were connected with a piece of string. Debating whether or not to run at the human and knock her over, she was out of the paddock before he could decide, and he flicked his shaggy tail in annoyance. Shaking his head to get his mane out of his eyes, he trotted to be with the mares and dropped his head, eating greedily still.
Julian watched them carefully, making sure he could get in the paddock if he had to. Once the vet came that afternoon, he'd be able to let them loose in the same paddock again, and just hope that Rose wouldn't be too overprotective. Nodding at the girl, he tilted his head towards the bay gelding. "Step to it, girl. We don't have all day."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 11:59 pm

Luna nodded and hang the lead rope up before heading over to grab Ned. Stepping into his paddock she grabbed the halter and easily slipped it onto his head after greeting the gelding with a pat. She leaded him out and hitched him up before doing a quick but good job on his coat and hooves.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 12:12 pm

While she got the gelding ready, Julian fed the dogs, and forked some hay over to the three horses. he'd left them mostly alone for the past few days, letting them settle in and calm down. The vet was booked for the afternoon though, and hopefully that would help them feel more comfortable once their teeth and hooves were done. Waiting for the girl at the gate to the round yard, Julian tipped his head back, watching her critically.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 12:26 pm

The sound of Julians cell went off, distracting the red mare from pointedly glaring at the blonde girl. The noise was loud and annoying she didnt like it, shaking herself off she reached through the fence to touch the grey mare who was still on high alert, the pair nickered quietly at each other before Renee felt safe enough to start grazing again. When the phone was picked up a distinct female voice greeted him "Hi Jules, I'm coming over to do the brumby challenge this year, is it alright if i borrow your stock yards for a bit?" the tone was affectionate and kind the owner of the voice quite clearly caring for the man she was speaking to
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 12:29 pm

Digging out the phone and frowning at it, he nevertheless answered it. "Clairebear, good to hear from you. You know you're more than welcome to come around any time." His tone was just as affectionate as the woman's. "Going to be sticking around for a while? Got a mare that might like you better than she likes me." He eyed the grey mare in question, watching as she settled down. The black pony was pestering the ginger mare again, and Julian grinned. "When will you be round, sweetheart?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 1:03 pm

Listening to him there was a quiet laugh "Yes I will be, you'll be stuck with me for a couple of months I'm afraid" the mention of a mare that might like her more than Jules was curious, wondering what the situation was behind that one she added "I'll be around in the next week or so" she'd spent a couple of years training in europe learning all different kinds of ways to work with horses. However she was happy to be coming back to the place that was home. She'd missed the man during her years away and had done her best to keep in contact with him, hearing the smile in his voice she wondered what was going on. The mare tolerate the black ponys pestering for a short period of time before her ears went back and she nipped him firmly on his behind as a reminder of just who was in chareg
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 8:53 pm

Luna didn't hear the conversation as she saddled Ned and lead him into the round yard for her lesson. She double checked his girth before swinging up onto his back with the most ease she had down yet. Her hands lightly gripped the reins as she settled into the seat and relaxed awaiting her instructions.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 9:37 pm

It would be good to have Claire home again. her being around lifted a lot of the workload off him, and he could devote more time to his performance horses. "Can't wait to see you." Closing the gate to the round yard once Luna was inside, he kept talking. "A week then? I'll get your room made up. You've chosen a good time, the cattle are all scattered over the top paddocks, I've got no use for the yards right now." Finally bidding her goodbye, he hung up and ducked through the railings. "Good, you got on alright." Checking the girth he nodded again and gave her a quick smile. "Well done, it's perfect. Get him walking for me?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 9:46 pm

Luna smiled slightly at his praise though her eyes gave away the full extent of her happiness for getting it right as they shine. She lightly leaned forward and squeezed on Neds side encouraging him into a walk. "What are we going to do today?" She asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 9:51 pm

He grinned at her, backing away to stand in the centre of the ring as usual. "Same as before, you almost had trotting down, and you'll need to be able to sit and rise to it before you head on out of the ring." He watched her critically. "Relax. Are you always so tense? Every time you get on him, your shoulders go stiff. The feeling goes through the reins and makes him anxious." Depending on how well she did this week, he was thinking about getting her out on a simple ride over the nearby paddocks the next time.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 9:56 pm

Luna chuckled nervously as he pointed out she had tensed again now they were walking and she took a deep breath in before letting it out relaxing. "I guess I'm still a bit nervous." She responded softly as her body moved more easily with Neds stride.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:01 pm

He frowned at her. "What of? You've had enough lessons that you should be comfortable on him. Don't ever be afraid to ask me questions, that's what I'm here for. I'm your teacher, after all." Ned plodded along easily, his head relaxed and lowered as he followed the familiar track. "After this, you can see how you go with the grey mare again. She doesn't seem afraid of you as much."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Luna blushed at his reply and slightly shrugged. "Falling honestly. Not that I think it will happen but you hear of all the bad falls that happen and it does worry me a bit." She told him dropping a hand to stroke the geldings neck, "It's not her I worry about truth be told. If that chestnut one was in the paddock she would have hit me I'm sure. I just don't know why she hates me when I have done nothing to her other then help the vet knock her out."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:15 pm

He tilted his head. "it's okay to be worried about falling, but you can't think about it when you ride," he told her seriously. "If that's what you're thinking about then, that's what's going to happen. Sure, think about it before and after, but not on them. Otherwise, you won't be able to ride horses like Ghost and the high performance ones. You were thinking of dressage, weren't you? They're highly sensitive horses. Any indication that you're unsure, you'll be straight off them." he gave her a quick grin, hoping to calm her fears. "Luckily Ned's not like that." Glancing over at the red mare in question, where the black pony was still somehow pestering her, he shrugged. "She's not a fan of females. I would have assumed that the other two are the same, but it seems not. Must have had different handlers, even if they were from the same place."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:25 pm

Luna nodded at his words and pushed the thought of falling from her mind relaxing further. "Yes there is something amazing about watching the dressage horses as they move." She said with a soft look on her face and his grin made her fell even calmer. Her gazed dart slightly towards the grazing horses with a sad smile. "The poor things, I don't blame her if she was handle by females." She told him when he told her his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:30 pm

He nodded. "Speaking of, a friend of mine is coming back to visit for a while in a week or so. She'll be able to help you with the mare, since I can't get near her. If you want to work with her, of course. It means coming out every day without fail to get her used to gentleness again. Claire's good at it, she'll walk you through the steps once she comes back." Affection was obvious in his voice when he spoke about Claire. Clearly he cared about the other woman. "Ready to try a trot again?" This time he waited for her response. "Yo get him going, click your tongue and shorten the reins a bit. Gives you more control over him."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:43 pm

Luna turned wide eyes to him when he mentioned her working with the mare and she seemed excited by the thought. "I would love to work with her Julian. Thank you." She said happily. She noted the affection in his voice as he spoke about this Claire friend of his and she mentally stored that away to keep in mind for next week when she meet the woman. When he suggested trotting again she tightened the reins a bit before clicking her tongue softly. She took a turn around the yard a bit uncoordinated before she seemed to settle into the trot as she rose and fell to Neds strides.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:50 pm

He turned with her, keeping the gelding going steadily. "Good, good. You're a fast learner. Grip with your thighs more, don't rely on the reins to keep you balanced. You've got the rhythm now, so look up and between his ears. He'll go where you're looking." It would be good to have her working with the grey mare, hopefully calm her down a little so that she'd settle more before he moved the black pony into where the chestnut was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As the Roo Bounces
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: