Just a Matter of Magic

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Just a Matter of Magic   Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:27 am

First topic message reminder :

Faolan is a 900 year old witch who's been quite happy to wander Ireland and the world for a while. Having found a trace of strange magic in a pub, he's working on finding the witch to make sure that they're not untrained, and therefore dangerous.

Saoirse is a young selkie-witch with no real knowledge of her witch heritage. Having sold her home after her father died, she's just roaming the country busking for money, unaware that she's leaving a breadcrumb trail of magic that Faolan can follow.

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:15 pm

Following the selkie obediently she didn't say much, leaving her instruments and precious knitting in the small flat above the bookshelf, Saoirse didn't say much silently happy to be making her way down to the sea again. Ditching her shoes so she could feel the sand beneath her toes, Saoirse was completely relaxed and at peace, the slight ocean breeze picked up strands of her hair and played with them gently. Looking out to sea a gentle longing softened her features, blinking and looking over at Angus when he questioned her, Saoirse shrugged "I can shift, but I don't know how to. It was a mistake, I was in the sea after I'd been told not too and it just... happened" still quite careful to leave details of her family out of conversation on purpose. Clearly wanting to wander down to the waves, she glanced up instantly becoming wary as Rose showed up, there was something dark and twisted about the other woman that the selkie didn't like. Goosebumps rippled over her skin, a wary look flickering over her features, Rose on the other hand was relaxed, wearing jeans her checkered shirt was rolled up to her elbows the wind ruffling her orange short cropped hair. Feeling and noticing the wariness coming off the female selkie, Rose leered on purpose more than used to it and often just using it to her advantage. "What are you teaching her first Lucky charms? bark on command or balance a ball on her nose?" pleased that it was a better day today she flicked her eyes over her partner noting with some happiness that he'd finally shaved and thus didn't look half monkey anymore wandering over to stand next to him she grinned at Angus cheekily rose listened carefully for his reply

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:27 pm

He'd stopped knee deep in the water, having not bothered with shoes at all. Feeling playful now that the storms was gone, he paid attention to Saoirse’s answers, working through it. “Sounds like you didn’t have enough time to find your coat then. Makes it much easier to shift.” Spotting Rose, he waded out of the water to wrap his arms around her, ignoring the constant demon feel to her. He trusted her, so it didn’t bother him. Nuzzling her at her question he sighed. “Rude grumpyguts,” he scolded affectionately, and looked up at Saoirse. “I’ll teach you how to shift at will. You’ll enjoy playing. The next lesson, you’ll probably hate me for though.” He simply shrugged, well aware that she’d not react well to it. She had witch magic after all, but that only made things much more interesting. Letting go of Rose after giving her a quick kiss on the cheek, he waded into the water, explaining how to shift in a few sparse words before hi form shimmered and then a seal was sitting there, looking at hem both.

Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:33 pm

Hugging him firmly to herself, she just laughed at his scolding and kissed him warmly for a brief moment. Sitting down on the sand to watch as her lover waded back into the water and shifted to form his seal shape, Rose waited to see if the witch-selkie would be able to do it. Listening carefully to the sparse words and figuring them out in her head, Saoirse wandered into the water a smile turning up her lips without her knowledge. It didnt take long before her own form changed shape to form a sleek seal with unusually coloured eyes. Having retained her pale eyes, the sea had a very faint orange hue to her in the sunlight, she'd never really learnt to play and so was unsure of the light feeling that surged through her now that she'd shifted. Pushing her nose under the water she blew bubbles giggling quietly

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:48 pm

Glad that the girl had worked it out, Angus dove deeper into the sea, circling around her to invite her in play before swimming out. Guessing that she didn’t have much clue, he proceeded to teach her before heading back to the shore. Shifting, he dumped his wet coat on Rose for her to keep safe, and then perched on a rock, watching the younger seal. “Come on, kid. Few more things to teach you, couple of things about witches, and then you’re going to despise me for a few days.” Aware that Faolan would likely emerge for that bit of teaching, Angus kept an eye out for the old witch, hoping that the result of his planned action wouldn’t be too bad. Once the girl was on the rock, he put his hand into his pocket, holding the bit of rowan rope he had in there. “Alright, quick switch to witches. You guys have two weaknesses. Rowan, and jade. Hold out your hand.”

Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:55 am

Complaining when a wet heavy coat was dropped on her out of nowhere, the hunter-demon glared at her partner before squeezing the water out of it and using it as a pillow. Swimming through the water as a seal felt like true freedom, not wanting to shift or even go back to shore she hung behind gliding through the water. Eventually knowing she had to turn back she returned to angus and finding him on a rock pulled herself up and shifted back. Listening carefully to what Angus said, Saoirse held out her hands when told, however she instantly dropped the jade and rowan the second they touched her hands an almost hissing noise leaving her. The jade had hurt and she didn't like how the rowan had felt, backing off a little she crouched down and brushed her burnt hand through the water, unconsciously using her magic with the water in order to heal it.

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:31 pm

Watching her sympathetically, Angus pocketed the materials again. “Sorry, kid. Part of being a witch, I’m afraid.” Leaning back on the rock, he saw movement out of the corner of his eye and glanced over his shoulder to see that Faolan was wandering down, staff in hand. Glad that the older witch was there, Angus sighed, thinking through what he had to do now. “Jade’ll burn a witch, though it doesn’t restrict your power. Rowan does, however. Tie up your mentor with rowan, for example, and he’ll be helpless. And now that you know what they feel like, hopefully you’ll be able to avoid it.” By that time, Faolan had reached them, he the old witch lifted an eyebrow at his student. “Working out how to play with the water? Good, though the jade burn will take a while to heal. Let me see it.” Without waiting for a response, he took her hand, distracting her enough for Angus to slip the bracelet off her wrist. Aware that she’d be angry at him, Angus backed away after taking the bracelet holding it carefully. Faolan kept hold of the girl’s wrist, putting a wall of his own between her and her magic. “You’ll get it back, youngster. It’s alright.”

Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Nodding quietly although still not very impressed, she inspected the burn on her hand pleased that the sea water had helped it some. Looking up at her mentor Saoirse let him take her hand to inspect although her demeanor instantly changed as soon as the bracelet was stolen, feeling a punch to the gut anger instantly flared up. If Faolans walll hadn't been there her magic would have caused the sea to knock the man with her bracelet into the water, however with the wall there she simply lunged for it. Feeling the hand around her wrist angry pale eyes flicked back at him and then down to her wrist sharply twisting her wrist in a bid to free herself so she could take back what was hers. Angry magic crashed against the mental wall not unlike the swell had crashed against the beach the night before during the storm. She wanted it back now, and wouldn't stop struggling until she had it back, the sole thing on her mind was getting it back

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:12 pm

Faolan kept hold of the girl’s wrist, flicking a glance up to Angus. Reading it, the selkie nodded and offered the bracelet back to her, staying calm. “Well, now you know what it feels like when someone has your coat. Keep it safe, you hear?” Perching on the rock, he studied her. “Someone having your coat means they control you completely. You’ve got it easier, it’s just a bracelet. If it was a proper coat, it’s harder to hide.” He jerked his thumb at Rose, who was currently looking like she was napping on his coat. With the girl seeming more calm now, Faolan let go of her, though he still kept the wall up in front of her magic. “Calm down. He didn’t hurt you. Don’t leave the bracelet lying around, and you won’t need to feel that again.”

Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:53 pm

Snatching the bracelet back she clutched it close to herself fixing Angus with a wary look, slipping it back on and calming down a bit she was able to nod and accept Angus's words. Glancing over at rose when Angus jabbed his thumb at her, the selkie-witch studied the shorter red head who appeared to be using the other selkies coat as a pillow. Pleased when her wrist was let go she narrowed her eyes, she brushed her fingers over the bracelet carefully as if making sure it was still there. Slipping off the rock into the ocean she stood there feeling the waves pull at her, the full moon lasted a couple of days before it started to wane so even during the day she could feel the louder call. Wanting to slip under the waves and just not come back, Saoirse sighed and moved out of the water her magic wanting to play with the water just as much as she did

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:28 am

Content that the girl was mostly calmed down, Faolan removed his wall between her and her magic, and wandered back up the beach. “Keep your wall up, girl. We’ll play with water once the moon is smaller.” Angus watched the old witch vanish back into the house, then turned his attention back to his fellow selkie. “You’re okay?” he asked gently, concern glittering in his grey eyes. “I’m sorry I had to, but it’s for the best. Now that you know what it feels like, you’ll be able to tell if someone does take it. It shouldn’t happen, provided you take good care of the bracelet. Don’t forget, anyone who holds that can control you completely. Not something you want to leave lying around.”

Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:45 pm

Watching the pair of them through her wary eyes, nodding when Angus spoke to her, Saoirse could have told him that she wasn't that stupid and that she would have kept it close to her out of instinct. Fiddling with the shells that hung from it, she didn't say anything not really in the mood for words after what had happened. Reassuring herself that her bracelet was there and safe, she wandered into the water letting the ocean lick her ankles, she'd missed the sea, she missed it every moment she was away from its tempting waters, its call was stronger now she had the bracelet. She didn't understand why Angus had a coat and she just had a bracelet, Rose got up and wandered over to Angus hugging him from behind and nuzzlign into him affectionately

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:54 pm

Leaning on Rose for a moment, Angus turned to kiss her gently. “Keeping my coat safe are you, red?” Nuzzling her gently, he retrieved his coat, and moved back to stand next to Saoirse, resting a hand lightly on her shoulder. “Ready to keep learning, kid? We can do something fun instead, now that the serious stuff is dealt with.” Letting his hand drop, he tucked them both into his pockets, splashing lightly at the waves with his foot. “It's a calm day, I can show you some of my haunts around the coast here. They're safe places, if ever you need one as well.” Glancing over his shoulder at Rose, he lifted an eyebrow. “Keep an eye on the store for me? We'll go for a play, be back in a few hours. I think she needs a bit of a break.”

Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:52 pm

Returning the kiss, Rose smirked a little at the nuzzle, letting him go with Saoirse she just nodded when he asked her to take care of the bookstore. "Sure" she replied with a slight shrug turning to go and wander back towards the store, Saorise silently listened to their shared words. More than ready to do something that was fun and didn't make her feel so horrible like her bracelet being taken had been, "Okay" she finally said with a nod her gaze flicking away from the waves to the other selkie standing beside her.

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Giving a nod, Angus shrugged his coat on, and tugged on Saorise's long hair gently. “This way then, seal pup.” With a grin, he shifted and slipped into deeper water. POking his head up, he waited patiently for her to follow suit before leaping through the water and leading the way. Happily frolicking, and teaching her how to play and explore, he followed the coastline for a while before turning into a much more secluded cove and floating on his back in the calm waters. Only selkies know where this is, he eventually said, watching the younger seal calmly. If ever you need to hide from someone or something, come here, and chances are me or another selkie will find you and help you.

Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Blinking as her hair was tugged on she had barely enough time to give him a stare before he had shifted and was waiting in the water. Following suit she kept close to him as he swam through the water, able to explore easily enough the having fun was something different and harder to pick up. She'd started to learn how to have fun while making music after her fathers death but this was all completely new Okay I'll remember then Angus the sleek seal dove through the secluded cove investigating everything Hopefully I'll never need it but it was good to have a failsafe just incase. Surfacing with a smile on her features as much as a seal could smile anyway, she looked around commiting the place to memory

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:07 pm

Gliding easily through the water, Angus made a few rounds of the small cove to make sure that everything was in order, and splashed out of the water to lie in the sun on the beach. Good girl. You're welcome to mine any time, okay? Gotta get some play in between witchy training you. Soft laughter followed his words, and he rolled onto his back, shutting his eyes to doze off. He did love sunbathing, though he rarely did it. He had the shop to look after, of course, and when Rose wasn't around, he disliked going too far from his home. it was just safer to stay put, in case anything happened. Any questions, then?

Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:10 pm

Following him out of the water onto the sand, she lay down and listened to his words quietly, Thank you... she murmured, silently grateful for the way he'd taken her under his wing or well flipper. Shaking her head when he asked if she had any questions she wandered back into the water to play within the depths of the cove, investigating all the fish and chasing them for fun before poking through the shells that lay scattered throughout the bottom of the cove. She liked shells, carefully sifting through them hoping to find a nice one eventually she resurfaced with a pretty enough one between her teeth.

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:14 pm

Okay. Just ask if you have any. Keeping an eye on her, he stayed where he was as she explored, confident that they were safe where they were. yawning as she surfaced again, he made his way down the beach to bump his head on her shoulder. Pretty shell. There are plenty of those around. How are you liking studying with Faolan? Appearing to jump from topic to topic, he was merely making conversation, wanting to get to know the other selkie a bit more.

Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Setting the shell down when he bumped her shoulder she returned the gesture learning seal behaviour from him, I try to find a nice shell from each beach i visit nudging the shell quite happily she lifted her head again and thought about it before turning her head to itch her side Yes, hes a very good teacher she enjoyed her mentors company and his teaching methods, she'd learnt so much from him in a short space of time. She liked and respected him, Angus felt different than her mentor more of kin like a brother she'd never had, the petite seal yawned quite happy there in the cove with the sun warming her back and the water splashing around her flippers

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:45 pm

Resting beside her, Angus leaned on the smaller seal, happy to spend the time getting to know her and bond with her. Good to hear. I know he can be quite strict, but I think he has a soft spot for you. It was a quiet murmur, the older selkie very close to falling asleep. He knew that he already had a soft spot for the girl, and didn't mind that at all. he didn't have any selkie kin of his own, after all, and by all sounds of things, neither did she. It would be good for both of them to have each other to learn off. Just be sure to tell him if he's pushing you too hard. He sometimes forgets that not everyone is a bookworm like him and me. Moving slightly, he began to groom the other seal gently, his sharp teeth moving through her thick coat easily.

Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:39 pm

Listening carefully she felt somewhat surprised at the murmur, the other selkie claiming that her mentor had a soft spot for her. Feeling the gentle teeth on her coat she turned and began copying what he was doing, except on his coat How'd you find out you were a selkie? How'd you meet Rose?
were you born with your coat or did you find it like Faolan found mine?
a few idle questions filled their minds in her voice, while the background noises of the gulls and swell sounded pleasantly.

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:49 pm

Flicking his flippers, he wriggled a little under her grooming, enjoying the scratching. There are the questions. Not that they bothered him, he was just amused. Let's see. I'm only part selkie, Ma thought my biological father was half selkie. She had selkie blood herself, so she was able to sense it when she fostered then adopted me, and taught me like I'm teaching you. Never really managed to balance it properly until a few years before Rose came around. Giving a quiet sigh, he shifted about a bit to get more comfortable on the beach, and kept grooming her as he answered her questions patiently. I'm not exactly sure if I was born with my coat, I don't really remember, since I was fostered out after my brother was taken. I was three, maybe. Ma never said, so I just assume she found it somehow. Breaking off to yawn, he took the time to think about how to explain how he met Rose, wondering if the girl should know about things like that. With a sigh, he nosed her gently, and scratched his neck with his back flippers. Rose is... an interesting woman. She's a hunter, someone who goes after supernatural creatures like vampires and demons. Leaves the harmless ones alone, occasionally helps them out if need be. Few years back, a thief broke in to the flat, stole my coat. Long story short, she was the one who bought me off the black market, set me free.

Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:21 pm

Leaning into the grooming contentedly, Saoirse let the answers to her questions wash over her not unlike the swell of the sea when she swam. The answers were very interesting, silently digesting them and thinking about them carefully she made a quiet noise at the nudge and stretched herself quite luxuriously. You love her very much she murmured in response to his words about Rose her eyes still the unusual colour that they were when she was a human You're lucky to have something like that, its very special there was a warmth to her words, she'd seen the way her father had loved her absent mother and despite not being much of a dreamer often wished for something like her parents had had. She feels dark, twisted, tortured even, why is that? he'd answered her other questions and she guessed if he didn't like her prodding he'd just go quiet

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:28 pm

Yes, he said simply, shutting his eyes a moment. She's my anchor, what keeps me here when the storms come, and the moon calls. You'll find someone for yourself when it's time. Nosing the youngster again, he blinked his dark eyes at her, studying her. You sensed that? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, you're a creature, and a witch to boot. He went quiet a few moments, working out whether it would be harmful if Saoirse knew exactly what Rose was. Deciding that she'd find out eventually, and that he'd rather she learned from someone she trusted a little bit, he eventually told her. She's a demon.

Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:05 am

Surprised when he told her what she was she guessed it all made sense, wondering why he trusted ehr with his coat she decided that if he trusted her enough to love her then he would trust her with his coat. She didn't ask anymore questions after that, instead she made her way up the beach and onto the wet sand just before the water. Digging a hole with her front flippers she used the dug up sand to start to create a castle, she could remember doing this as a girl, her castles always being well detailed and created. It was much harder with flippers and a nose but she tried her best and ended up with one that she was proud of, sitting down near it in the drier sand her unusual eyes closed and the seal relaxed with a quiet sight comfortable in the sand in the sun

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   

Back to top Go down

Just a Matter of Magic
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next