The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

after all is said and done

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

after all is said and done - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 10:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Claire hasn't shown up or rung the farm in about three months causing Julian to worry and Killian to grow antsy and restless. When contact is made it sounds as if she has been carefully manipulated something very had to do to claire. After that drama she decides that she's giving up on finding someone and decides to throw herself into er horses and her studies
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Utterly happy to answer her questions, the biologist did, liking that someone else seemed to be as interested in his work as he was. “They’re super secretive, and they roam the oceans a heap. It’s quite hard to find and tag them to track them. We don’t really know where they like to pup, so that’s hopefully what we’ll be finding out from this trip. A pregnant female was caught once, so we think that they young are left to fend on their own, but.” He shrugged, wishing he knew, but hoping he’d be able to find out soon. “Average length is just under ten metres, largest confirmed has been just under thirteen metres. The babies are probably prey for sharks and such, but as adults, they’re too big really. Lifespan at the moment is estimated to be 70 to 100 years, they become mature around 30 years old.” Pondering what else they knew about whale sharks, he was keeping an eye on the water as he spoke, absently directing her where to take them. “They’re filter feeders, and the youngsters can actually be playful towards divers. It should be a great experience, I’ll teach you how to tag them when we get there, that’ll be half the fun.” Sending her a grin, he hopped off his perch to have a look at the map, humming a sea song to himself. The wind was playing with his hair again, and he pushed it out of his face irritably, happy with the speed and direction of where they were going.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 9:16 pm

Listening as he divulged more informtion her eyes widened with surprise as he told her that they were about ten meters in length although there had been a few others who'd been found just under thirteen meters. Her mind mentally had stacked the large stallion at home ontop of himself until it reached the right height, more information about how they matured at about thirty and could live up to seventy to a hundred years amazed her further. Still paying attention to where they were going she grinned "any experience is good, tagging sounds like a challenge too" despite everything that'd happened to her over the past couple of years, she was excited and eager to learn more about the sea and the more time she spent with Alex the more she was starting to relax and be herself around him without fear of repercussions. Although after a few moments of silence her grin slipped a little "Your boat would be better with Sails" the murmur was absent and not really meant for him to hear, her thoughts had again flicked back to her ship, remembering the creaking wood, the snap of sails, the talk of the crew and the noise of the wooden vessel cutting through the water like a hot knife through butter. The familiar pain made her heart ache, perhaps after this trip she'd go and visit her own ship and take it for a spin, her shadows were more than able to take the place of crew members after all they were well practiced.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 3:13 pm

He grinned at her expression, knowing it well. "Bigger than you thought, huh? Most people don't realise they're massive." Glad that she seemed so on board with his work, he continued to direct her until they were at the stopping point. There was a coastline nearby with a small town that they could stay in for the couple of weeks, but he was likely going to sleep on the boat. It had never bothered him before, and he didn't see why it would bother him now. "Sails? Not for the work boat." A cheeky grin crossed his face as he got to work getting the gear ready. "Sailboat at home has them though. She's more fun than this worker." He'd saved up every penny and cent to get his beloved sailboat, and when he wasn't working, he could often be found lying on the deck of it in the sun just reading, or dozing. "Come over here, I'll show you how the tagged works, you can have a couple of test goes with it unarmed."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 6:04 pm

Rolling her eyes at his cheeky grin when he began to get the gear ready, stopping the boat and switching it off, however her features brightened slightly when he said sail, pouting when boat promptly followed it. Padding over to him, Claire snorted "It's still a boat Alex, give me a sailing ship and I might be more impressed, even then doubtful. I'll tell you what, you show me your sail boat some time and i'll introduce you to my sailing Ship" so what if she was a bit of a snob when it came to boats? This plastic dinghy wasn't alive the way a sailing ship was, you couldn't feel the wind carry you forward and there was no thrill of calling out for cannons to be fired. Fully aware that she'd potentially offended him by dismissing his boat, she paid attention to how tagging worked, it seemed simple enough but doing it in the actual moment would most likely be a completely different story. After giving it a go a few times in practice, she guessed that she supposed she'd be able to do it, a little nervous about getting it wrong or mucking it up, she kept that to herself not really wanting to appear scared nor unable to put her money where her mouth was.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Laughing at the way she dismissed his boat, the biologist didn’t seem to mind at all. He knew that there would always be differing opinions about what a good boat was. His sailboat was perfect for him, which was why he’d purchased it in the first place. Pleased with how she got the hang of tagging, he was soon packing up the equipment to keep it safe. “Don’t worry if you don’t think you’ve got it, they’re pretty big, hard to miss. The best spot of course is the dorsal fin, but near there is still fine. You’ll get the hang of it with practice, no sweat.” Relaxing a bit, he leaned on the railing of the boat, content to watch the waters as they floated there. There were no whale sharks that he could see by himself, or on the scanner, but that didn’t bother him. They were going to be here for a good few weeks, they could get in the water once there was something going on. He wanted to get a feel for the area first before diving into the water. It was still about mid afternoon, so they’d stick around for a couple of hours to see what it was like in this spot before heading to shore where he’d hired a spot to keep the boat.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 8:53 pm

Listening quietly as he mentioned that she'd get the hang of it with practice, Claire found a place to lean against the railing and stare out at the sea, was this just a dream? Would she wake up trapped in that house again? No, she wouldn't ruin this with memories like that, she was stronger than that she was fine, brushing strands of hair that'd become free from her braid thanks to the wind back out of her face, green eyes flicked down to the sea only feet from her. Knowing that river was swiming through it somewhere, Claire wanted to dive in and see how far she could go, watching the waves her thoughts drifted until she melded her mind with her dragons. Seeing the watery world through her dragons eyes, hands gripped the railing wanting nothing more to being there with her, shaking her head and looking up suddenly before she did something stupid like that especially infront of a human. The journey to wherever they were going was uneventful, looking up from where she was staring into the depths of the sea, their destination it seemed was this small cove with a place to keep the boat at night and a slightly run down shack that looked like it could barely hold itself together. Yet she liked it, the shack had a peaceful air to it, it’s weathered walls having seen a thousand storms and may see a thousand more. The noise of the waves on the beach again drew a happy smile even if it was small, she wanted to dive, to swim, to slip into the warm embrace of the sea. Helping carry what they needed into the shack, Claire found it was a little bigger than the outside suggested but not by much, stashing her load away Claire looked up at alex “what next?” Nearly adding a slightly mocking captain, she kept her mouth shut, it wouldn’t be good to alienate him and as far as dinghys went his was actually rather nice, not that she’d admit it easily.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 9:20 pm

As per usual, he hummed while he drove, feeling so free when on the sea. It seemed that Claire enjoyed it too, and he glanced over at her at one point during the drive, making sure that she was still okay. He made no more mention of her dragon, guessing that she’d want to keep knowledge of the beautiful animal on the downlow as much as possible. It made sense to him, so of course he was going to go along with that. Pulling up to the small island, he tethered the boat after cutting the engine, and gave her a list of what needed to be put in the shack. Luckily for them there was a small amount of power, enough to run a fridge and a generator to keep the food all alright. “This’ll be our base for the trip, I generally sleep on the boat, but you can sleep wherever you feel most comfortable.” Stretching, he wandered to the sand, digging his bare toes into it happily. Like usual, he was barefoot again, his shoes discarded somewhere on the boat. “We’ll stay here tonight, then head to the site we’ve picked tomorrow. Hopefully some sharks will be there already.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 10:47 pm

It struck her how much of a free spirit he was, wandering along and digging his toes into the warm sand, “I’ll see how I feel sleep wise” she wasn’t entirely sure, perhaps on the boat perhaps on the island either way she’d end up with a spot that would work for her, the shadows and River. Shark wise perhaps her shadows would be able to lure some close by, he knew about River and so far had been rather relaxed about it. So depending on how things went he’d likely meet some of her shadows, like Mana, the mere thought of the pesky loud mouthed cat was enough to make him form on the boat, a pitch black long haired cat with unusual eyes. Turning her gaze back out to sea as always she could feel the tug to walk into the water to feel the currents pulling at her body. In the end she gave in, ditching her shoes and walking into the warm water instantly feeling at ease, the waves washed over her legs before pulling back trying to drag her in deeper and she gladly went with them. The dragon reappeared when she was about waist deep the pair greeting one another with familiarity, the only shadow master with a soul the same gender as hers made her a glitch a complication, another reason why her mother had spirited her away to Julians. No one knew why or how it had occurred, and only she knew just how much power she actually had, however power wasn’t something she wanted, she just wanted to ride her horses, spend time with her father figure and little brother and be out at sea. Properly and completely relaxed she was finally the girl that she was at home, just as open as her father was with her own sarcastic streak and cheekiness, remembering that she wasn’t alone she straightened up a little and watched as the dragon glanced towards the man before it snorted and squirted water at her. Slipping through the water to end up on the beach, sitting on the wet sand studying Alex through clear intelligent eyes, webbed toes dug into the sand just as his were, the dragon couldn’t help but snort at the noise of something splashing into the water and didn’t bother looking at the black young cat that swam over and immediately tried to get her to play with it. Using her snout to push the annoying brat away, she growled at Mana softly in warning giving him a sharp nip to further her point. Once the youngster had understood the message, the dragon returned her gaze to the man, Ignoring Claire who’d vanished beneath the water.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 11:09 pm

Just nodding at her response, Alex left her alone for a while, ducking back into the shack to sort through supplies while there was still light, and made sure that all his equipment was still in order. Emerging again, he pushed his hands into his pockets and wandered along the waterline, splashing absently as he did. It wasn’t long before he spotted the very pretty dragon and he paused where he was to study her, unwilling to intrude into her personal space. He had no doubts that he wasn’t particularly welcome to touch her again, even if he had helped with removing the netting before. She just seemed like quite a private creature, and he was okay to respect that. Spotting the little cat instead, the man crouched and offered his hand to it, encouraging it closer if it was friendly enough. “Hey there little fella.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2019 12:20 pm

The black kitten looked like a drowned rat but greeted Alex with its long tail stuck up straight in the air like a flag pole, sniffing the fingers before bumping his head against him the extremely friendly little shadow with his glowing blue-green eyes standing out against the dark dark fur that covered his body. Meowing loudly as if talking to him, the kitten was soon making his way up onto Alex’s shoulders his favourite spot to ride on Claire meant it was his favourite spot on this new person who had so far been very good for his mistress. Tickling Alex’s ears with his long black whiskers the wet kitten was soon rather comfortably perched on the shoulders, taking care not to dig his claws in too deep to the skin of the being carrying him. Surfacing from exploring beneath the water, Claire was met with a loud yowl from the kitten welcoming her back, rolling her eyes at the youngsters antics, Claire waded into the shallows and explained to Alex exactly “That’s Mana, he must have stowed away in my pack again, he’s a shit for that” sounding slightly apologetic for the annoying baby shadow that had shown up precisely when she hadn’t wanted it to, she didn’t have much option but to stand there, place her hands on her hips and narrow her eyes at the shadow who flinched knowing he was in trouble and made his way to the other side of Alex’s shoulder away from her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 9:58 pm

Liking the little thing, Alex scratched behind the cat’s ears and stayed still while he climbed up to sit on his shoulder. Pushing his hands into his pockets, he just grinned at Claire. “It’s alright, he’s a friendly thing. Strange for a cat to like water though.” He patted the scrawny thing as it changed shoulders, unbothered by it all. “Nothing wrong with him sticking around, he’s here anyway.” Deciding that it was nearly time for food, he turned away and headed back to the little shack to find something to eat for dinner. “Hungry? I’m sure there’s something here we can make for dinner.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

after all is said and done
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Miscellaneous Rp-
Jump to: