The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Exiled to the streets

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 8:43 am

First topic message reminder :

Exiled to the human world after delivering Sofias pet to a psychopath, the only companion hrolf has is his wolf tor. After a few months he meets Jon and lilli, and ends up spemding most of his time with them all the while the enchanted watch continues to count down the time until he is free to return home. With the three of them going through their first winter on the streets it's assured that they'll need to work together and trust one another to survive.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 8:50 pm

A smile that was partly amused and partly wry flicked over his features as her dark green eyes widened and a soft but audible gasp escaped her before she announced that he was a faerie, the smile became more affectionate "Hello Miss Human, My name is Hrolf, the puppy is called Tor". Interested in her bright ginger hair, Hrolf kept his faerie urges and tendencies to himself, it'd be irresponsible to take her as a pet besides he didn't need one he'd made it this far in his life with a few bed warmer pets but nothing more than that, men were usually his preference when it came to that sort of thing. Watching as the large shaggy grey dog and brown haired dog came marching back with the ball in his jaws and pride in his unnatural golden eyes, Hrolf didn't take the ball from him, instead he spoke calmly "Drop it" the dog did automatically and sat down waiting for one of the pair to throw it for him again. The animal had a high play drive and loved nothing more than chasing after a ball or a stick all day long, lifting a back paw to scratch behind an ear he gave a soft whine hoping that one of the two would give in and throw it for him, his tail smacked against the frozen ground wagging without worry.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 9:08 pm

The girl frowned at the names, finding the fairy’s name hard to say. “Your wings are pretty.” Obviously enchanted by the fact that there was a real life fairy in front of her, the girl took a few moments to pick up the ball and throw it again. “Daddy tells lots of stories about fairies! Are you in his stories mr fairy?” Looking for her father, she bounced over to him and lifted her arms up to be picked up. “Daddy I met a fairy!” Amused at her tale, Jon obeyed her wants, picking his daughter up and wandering over to where Hrolf was, watching as the dog came back again with the ball. “Did you? And were you very polite to them?” Lilli nodded solemnly, wriggling to get down and play with the puppy again. “Yes, cos you saids they’d eat me if I’m not polite.” Clumsily throwing the ball again for the puppy she adored already, the weak winter sun shone off her dark hair that was carefully held back in a plait.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 6:02 pm

Smiling at her reaction to his wings, Hrolf watched as she picked up the ball after a few minutes to throw it for Tor, the hairy dog chased after the ball with his tail a wag and a bright eager bark. Looking back at the little red headed girl, the blond replied kindly "I'm not sure maybe, there's lots of stories about Faeries" he barely had time to reply before she bounced back to her father and informed him that she'd met a Faerie. Not particularly worried by that as he suspected most humans found stories of Faeries to be childrens tales and not real, blue eyes twinkled his amusement. Tor came galloping back with the ball, dropping it at the kind mans feet, unable to help the soft chuckle of laughter at the claim that faeries would eat people if they werent polite the farmer kept his thoughts to himself. Part of him wondered if his brother would show up at any stage, his elder brother Sethain had been the one to inherit the farm originally until he'd escaped into the human world to explore it and enjoy himself. His father had reluctantly shown Hrolf how to run it, the pair had never really gotten along, indeed both of Lord Colborns sons were laid back and cheery, except Hrolf fronted up to responsibility and dedication where his brother had fled. Pulling himself sharply out of the past, Hrolf watched his dog go merrily after the ball the flicker of amusement still there, the hounds he bred were designed to be highly loyal and good with children, making perfect pets for many lords, so it was no surprise to him that Tor was actively interacting with her, albeit very gently.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 6:56 pm

Laughing a little at her eagerness that she’d apparently met a fairy, Jon ruffled his daughter's hair affectionately. “Look, he wants you to throw it again. Maybe he’ll talk to the fairy for you? Or maybe he’ll help you find it again?” Lilli just grinned up at both of them, resuming her game with the dog eagerly until both of them were tired out. With her half asleep in her father’s arms again, Jon nudged the slobber-covered ball with his foot, passing it back to his companion. “That one can be all yours, mate.” A quick grin crossed his face, making it clear where his daughter got her smile and cheekiness from. “Hungry? It’s getting dark, she’ll want to sleep so we’ll head back to the kitchen if you want to tag along again.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Watching the dog and girl play together, Hrolfs easy smile remained on his face doing his best to ignore the cold. Finally both dog and girl were tired, the hairy beast flopping over his masters feet with a huff, he perked up when the slobber covered ball was nudged towards his master and instantly perked up to grab it in his teeth and prance out of reach incase someone wanted to steal it. Hrolf just grinned when the cheeky grin and words were sent his way "I think he's got it covered" his stomach growled answering the hungry question for him "I'll gladly do so". He had a brother in this world, and he'd gotten a fair amount of money for the rings, he could find his brother and leave this place. He'd chosen not to, despite the girl having been just a pet it'd been his fault what had happened to her, and it'd been horrific. He deserved to be exiled, he deserved to be punished, and so he'd spend the year on the streets. It'd be harder to survive than if he set himself up right but he wasn't interested in the easy way out, hoping his cousin Tori was doing okay he kept up with Jon and Lilli, Tor trotting along at his heels with a wagging tail and his precious ball firmly held in his teeth.

Having finished his part in the show, the man in the suit had slipped out of the crowded hot tent to enjoy the fresh air and watch the stars. He no longer felt homesick whenever he looked up at the stars, they'd become his stars now too, he could pick out the constellations that man and supernatural had created amidst the small bright white lights. Seated on a barrel, one foot resting against the curved edge of the barrel the other on the ground. Perfect gold curls had been rumpled and suit jacket unbuttoned leaving his waist coat and shirt all the more visible, he was considering moving to his room and making himself some tea but put that to the side for the moment preferring to observe the stars and relax. It'd been a good couple of hundred years he'd spent in the human world now, ever since his aunt and uncle had taken his half brother as a matter of fact. His reasons were his own and he was quite content as part of the circus although he'd only joined about thirty years ago, his ability to read people and understand them meant he was able to have an act as a psychic, his other ability with animals thanks to his blood lines kept him popular among the circus crowd. His ex lover and best friend Martin was currently wowing the crowd with his trapeze act, they'd ceased being lovers after a woman named ice had taken Martin and changed him forever, it hadn't bothered Sethain however Martin had been determined to end it although at Seths quiet pleads had agreed to remain friends. The thought of what had transpired caused the relaxed smile to fade slightly.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 7:22 pm

With his daughter half asleep on his shoulder, the young man made his way easily through the streets, keeping her close to protect her from the cold as much as he could. While he was intensely curious about his companion, he was keeping those questions to himself. After all, he didn’t like being asked why he was on the streets, it wouldn’t be fair to ask Hrolf why he’d been pushed out either. Ending up at the same soup kitchen they’d left that morning, he glanced behind him to make sure that Hrolf was keeping up alright, then headed inside to find a place to sit, once again making sure that there was a place for the big dog to keep out of the way. Waking Lilli, he soon had her eating before he got his own food, love and affection so clear in his priorities. Lilli was his world now, and he had to make sure that she’d survive in the circumstances they found themselves in now. “Going to stick around permanently then? It’s fine by me if you do.” Another couple of bodies would help keep the shack warm too, and he made another mental note to source something to cover the door so that they could keep the precious heat inside.

She’d been taken from her parents on her twentieth birthday, and after a few years of rigorous training, Lori was finally sent to do the job that she’d solely been trained for. Still missing her parents terribly, she was thankful at least that her mistress allowed visits from time to time. Shaking that out of her head, she wandered out of the tent where she’d been watching the show once it was finished. Her target was indeed here, and she was thankful that she’d been able to find him after a few months of tracking him down. Hoping that things would all go to plan, she wrapped her jacket around her a bit more and went for a wander around the grounds, wondering if she’d be able to bump into the Lord Sethain this time, or if she’d have to come back another time. Rounding a corner, the young girl paused when she saw him, sorting through what she wanted to say before offering a shy smile. “Hi, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be here, should I?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 7:17 pm

Keeping up with Jon easily enough Hrolf was silently thankful for the lack of questions, Tor stuck to his side like glue how he'd been taught, it was crowded inside but they wre able to find a place to sit. Murmuring a quiet command to the dog, he had no qualms about the dog disobeying, watching Jon and Lilli while he ate more sugary food that he'd been able to get his hands on his blue gaze gentled slightly at the sight. The man clearly cared so much about his daughter, he lived and breathed for her before even thinking about himself, Hrolf looked down at his food so it didn't seem like he was ogling at them both that'd be awkward to explain. Feeling something warm on his leg, the faerie glanced down and smiled seeing Tor had rested his head on his leg, reaching down he ruffled the fur on the dogs head affectionately. He didn't know where he'd be if it wasn't for his loyal dog, finishing the sugary dinner his thoughts turned towards the shack where the pair of them were standing along with the two humans. The lack of a door was something that was going to get more and more of an issue as winter went on, it took precious energy shivering to keep warm, he'd have to get onto it, remembering the trees in the park he made a mental note to go and ask one of them to help. Where his familys magic was more animal based than plant he like all faeries had some gift with them, he just wasn't the best although that didn't worry him as long as he could persuade the tree to help him.

His peace and quiet out side of the tent was disturbed when movement caught his attention, glancing towards it while keeping his face directed up at the stars he was fairly confident that the darkness outside would keep her from seeing he was watching her. Studying the way she paused, apparently sifting through words and responses, the faerie only moved his head when she spoke. Slight surprise forming on his features  "This area isn't exactly open to the public no" taking in the plethora of information she carried from the way she held herself to the well trained shy smile on her face, drawing conclusions from his findings he continued with a slight smile  "I won't tell if you don't" his wings as always were hidden underneath his clothes folded away neatly where they couldn't get damaged or touched by mistake. Despite his gift at reading people she wasn't an overly easy read, it took more effort to pick things up and that made him all the more curious, switching on his easy relaxed smile he could hear the crowd roaring in response to Martin and fought the urge to shake his head. He was close with the angsty trapeze and silks master, once he'd been very close but that was ancient history instead he refocused on the girl.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 7:48 pm

Like usual, it wasn’t long before Lilli was falling asleep in her meal, and Jon just gathered her into his lap, finishing off her meal absently as she curled there. He knew that she’d need to start going to school soon, but he just didn’t have the funds for it, and he was internally quite worried about how that was going to work out. He had to find enough money to see if they could go back to his foster parent, at least Jules was able to home school the girl, and Jon could pay him back with farm work. It was the only solution that he could think of at the moment. Feeling a slight gaze, he looked over at his companion with a friendly although tired smile. “Ready to head back then? Unless you want seconds. I don’t mind waiting around, there’s no rush.” He’s learned his laid back and gentle ways from Jules.

Taking in the surprise and the answer, she went slightly pink, glancing towards the tent at the crowd cheering. She would have liked to still be in there watching the next act, but her orders had been clear, and the faerie was alone so it was a good time to try and make contact with him. “Oops, sorry. Guess I got distracted by the peace and quiet. It’s nice being able to watch the stars without many lights around.” Looking up at the stars, she appeared content to watch them for a few moments more. She’d noticed his fascination with them, so it was probably a good topic to open with. “I liked your act, it was really good.” Offering him another shy smile and hugged her coat tighter around her in response to the slightly cool wind that blew around them.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 4:48 pm

It seemed his new acquaintance had noticed the look, at the question Hrolf nodded "Ready for bed I am" he'd have to come up with a way to repay the man for all his kindness, but right now he just wanted to sleep. Getting up a little stiffly he stretched before patting Tors head, the intelligent beast had quickly become fond of the little girl but that hadn't surprised the faerie. Tors breed was bred to be family guard dogs and to be especially good with children, as it was so difficult for faeries to conceive all children were valued and desired if they had two faerie parents. He'd observed that Faeries as a rule couldn't care less about other children, he'd wanted children but Dianthe had never really seemed that interested, now he knew why. Heading back to the shack with the two humans, he snuggled himself into the blankets and let Tor under them to, so thankful that he'd been able to bring the big hairy beast with him, he made a wonderful heater.

She chatted away explaining that she got distracted by the peace and quiet Liar liar pants on fire girlie he was well out of where the public should be, she had been searching for someone to end up back here. Adding another tick to her repertoire as she expertly opened with a comment about the stars, amused at her comment about his act Sethain took a quiet breath before replying "Thats kind of you to say, I prefer martins" he paused to jab a thumb back in the direction of the tent where the cheers were coming from "Poor buggers had to do a solo act ever since the girl he worked with got herself pregnant and left to be with the babies father. Trapeze isn't as fascinating when theres only one person doing it sadly" he fell silent after that, his gaze slowly flicking from her back to the stars ignoring the fact that she was cold. Right now that wasn't his problem, besides it'd be strange to offer someone he'd just met his coat when he didn't even know her name, he wasn't expecting her real name not if she'd been sent for him, but that was alright he didn't particularly care why she was there, she just presented something that could be fun.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 6:10 pm

Gathering the child into his arms at the answer, Jon gave a slight nod, juggling the plates into his free hand to take them over to the dirty dishes table. It was helpful to the generous souls who ran the soup kitchen, and he did very much appreciate all their generosity. He and Lilli wouldn’t have been able to survive without it, after all. With that done, he turned his feet towards the shack that they’d been sleeping in, hoping that no one else had taken it while they’d been gone. If so, well he was just going to have to find another place to sleep at night that was warm enough for Lilli to not freeze. Ducking inside, thankfully it appeared that the small room was still empty, and he got to making a nest for his daughter to sleep in and keep warm. It wasn’t long before she was curled up fast asleep, and Jon gave a sigh of relief, brushing her dark hair away from her face affectionately.

Unaware for now that he was working her out, Lori offered another slightly shy smile. “I’m sorry to be missing some of it then, it got very stuffy in there but what I saw was amazing.” For some reason the man swinging on the bars and hoops fascinated her, the work tugging at her somehow. “What’s it like being in a circus? Is it as fun as it looks?” She was genuinely interested in this, she didn’t quite understand why, but there was something in her that wanted to put down roots and travel with the circus and perform with them. “There were other trapeze artists beforehand though, doesn’t he work with them a little as well?” Tilting her head to the side a little, she moved a bit closer to him, wondering if he’d answer her questions. She wasn’t entirely sure the best way to keep hanging around him, but she’d do her best, her goal for tonight was to just get to know him, and perhaps get a contact number or something.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 9:11 pm

Suddenly questions, real questions began spilling out of her, turning his head to watch her again, Seth absorbed the information carefully and began weighing out an idea in his mind. "It's like a big travelling family, we support each other and work together to put together the great show you see in there. Martin is our best trapeze, hoop and silk artist, he chooses who he works with and in his opinion none of the others are good enough to work with him nor do they have the talent. It makes for a fair few arguments, he's not a popular member of the family but he's amazing, he flies without wings" blue eyes shone fondly as he spoke of his old friend. Conformation wise the girl was a potential candidate, she seemed curious about the circus genuinely which warmed him to her a little, getting up as the crowd roared its applause he smiled waiting patiently. As he predicted, Martin walked out covered in sweat and wanting to escape outside into the cool night air "This is martin, he can answer all your questions about the trapeze" watching as his latino friend turned and studied the girl, the mans dark brown nearly black eyes flicked over her appraising her not for her attractiveness but potential. The artists tongue absently traced his lower lip before flicking a glance at Seth and taking the faeries spot on the barrel deciding she potentially had potential enough to answer stupid questions.

It'd been a long winter, Hrolf had almost died after growing a door for their shack, the lack of sugar and winter cold nearly doing him in, if it hadn't been for Tor and Jon he most definitely would have passed. Once Hrolf had perked up Jon had gotten a job and Hrolf had turned babysitter for Lilli which he had loved, the girl could see his wings and he heartily enjoyed telling her stories about his homeland and faeries, now spring had officially arrived and he'd half expected all the thoughts and feelings that had come along with it. Most of the snow was gone now, just grey slush left in the gutters, walking to the park with Jon, Lilli and Tor who had become Lillis constant companion when Hrolf spotted something he hadn't seen in a good long time. Brightening he quickened his pace until they entered the park, reaching up to pull a branch down he began happily picking the blossoms off of a tree, their sweet taste despite the disgusting pollution of the city bringing back happy memories.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 10:42 pm

Listening intently, the answers to her questions, and the willingness to answer them, drew her closer to him. Longing entered her gaze when he mentioned flying, the comparison making her look up again. She’d always wanted to fly, just like her dad and apparently just like her biological mother. Perhaps one day she might. Stepping backwards a little when the artist came out, she gave him a shy smile, not minding the appraising look he was giving her. “I’ve always wanted to fly,” she murmured, not quite realising she said it. Unfortunately what with being bound to Sofie, for the foreseeable future she could guess that her figurative wings were clipped. She knew her boundaries, and she no longer tried to push at them. “I hope you don’t mind questions, it looks amazing to be up so high. What’s it like?” Hopefully he wouldn’t just brush her off, she genuinely wanted to know more about it.

Thankful that he’d been able to get some sort of job over the winter, and that Hrolf had managed to survive, Jon had kept squirrelling away his spare funds, slowly growing enough savings to think seriously about sending his daughter at least to his foster parent. He knew that she’d hate being away from him, but her schooling was far more important, and Julian was able to do that while Jon found his own way to join them, and perhaps Hrolf as well. Reminded of his now friend, he turned to see the slender man picking flowers off a tree and eating them. Amused as Lilli bounced over to investigate, he followed a bit more slower, his hands again in his pockets. It had finally warmed up enough for him to not be wearing a jacket, and it felt good to not need the four or five layers that they’d needed to get through the worst of the winter. “Surely flowers aren’t that tasty.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 8:16 pm

Predictably questions soon sounded, a black brow raising slightly as she murmured that she had always wanted to fly, most said that until they actually got up high, when they had the bar in their hands and had to take the plunge they chickened out and so he wasn't too impressed with what she said. His tongue reappeared to continue tracing his bottom lip as he thought, digesting her next set of words he considered things "Flying, its free, I'm Where im meant to be and the rest of the world falls away, the crowds noise ceases to be registered, the burn and strain of working muscles as they work feels good, the physical exertion making my nerves sing." Martin spoke quietly but intently, his dark eyes that in the scant light appeared black burnt with an intense passion and love for his work. In the air he was no longer the flawed creature that ice had turned him into, he was neither man nor woman, he was just himself in the truest sense of the word, in all honesty he was still sour that the boss of the circus had closed silk acts until they could get a female to do it despite Martin being a master of it. Still in the strange boots he'd worn while performing he bent down to begin unlacing them, removing them with a sigh he tucked them underneath his arm ignoring the look he got from Sethain, the stupid bastard needed to learn to mind his own business. He hated remembering the time that they'd spent together, it made things all the more difficult, knowing he could never feel like that again, the emotions that he'd felt now feeling so abnormal and alien he didn't understand them anymore. He still remembered with awful clarity when he'd found the Circus again, how happy Sethain had been, and then after barely ten minutes how heartbroken he'd been. Since then the blond man had never done anything more except the occasional sleeping with someone, a vague feeling of guilt washed over him before he shook it away. It wasn't his fault it was just the way things were.

At the comment he plucked a blossom before offering it to Lilli with a slight smile "Where I'm from they're quite the delicacy Jon" he'd never gone into detail about where exactly he was from and thankfully so far Jon had declined to dig. After using most of his energy to create a door for their shack he'd never put the weight back on, he was abnormally thin, his skin stretched tight over bones and remaining muscle. Despite the warmth of the day he still wore his several layers of clothes, topped with a beanie he'd picked up somewhere during the winter months his tired blue eyes gave away what his thinness didn't he wasn't faring well at all in the human world despite dipping into his funds to buy more honey he just couldn't put the weight back on. Straightening back up he kept picking blossoms and stuffing them into his mouth, as if he hadn't eaten anything that morning, his clothes hung off of him although with so many layers it made it harder to tell how skeletal he was. Tor hung back standing next to Jon watching his master and the little girl he was so fond of, the big dog giving a soft woof and wag of his tail, he'd weathered the cold weather better having hunted the plentiful rats of the city and flat out stealing when he needed to, thinner than he had been he was still a healthy weight although he didn't look his best as his winter coat was now coming out in big handfuls.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 9:05 pm

Listening eagerly, the girl’s blue eyes sparkled at the description. It sounded like so much fun, but she could see that he wasn’t too impressed with her questions, so she backed down a little. It wouldn’t do to make them not want her around. “I’m sorry, you’re probably tired. I won’t ask any more.” Looking between both of them, she managed a slight smile, knowing she should get going and not push her welcome in the off limits area too much. “Thank you for answering though.” Hugging her coat around her a bit tighter to keep out the wind, she turned and headed off, heading back into the circus tent to finish watching the rest of the show, and try to figure out what to do next. The idea of the trapeze was something her mind kept coming back to, and she was quickly finding that it was something she very much wanted to do. Perhaps if she would wrangle it, she’d be able to join the circus as a learner and see if her mistress would allow that. It would certainly make it easier to keep an eye on her target, after all.

Watching as the child sniffed the flower then copied Hrolf and ate it, Jon simply sighed. In truth he was worried about Hrolf and how thin he was, but they just couldn’t seem to get enough food into him to get the weight back on him. Unsure what best to do about him, the younger man just kept passing him honey, having picked up that it helped the most. Reminded, he pulled a jar out from his pocket, passing it over. “Here, maybe dip them in it?” There was a cheeky twinkle in his gaze that suggested he was teasing gently, and he crouched to give the big dog a pat. Beckoning his daughter over, he showed her how to rub and scratch the shedding winter coat, pulling it out so that they were soon surrounded in a cloud of hair. The girl didn’t care, giggling as she rubbed the thick coat, happy to help with grooming like her dad did. Leaving her to it, he straightened with a sigh and turned his attention back to their companion. “You need to rest and eat more,” he said bluntly, trying to think of ways they could do it. He really was worried about the other man, and he knew that Lilli would be very upset if Hrolf had to leave. Somehow she’d bonded very much with both the dog and the dog’s master. Somewhat reminded of what else he’d got when shopping, he pulled out a couple of tickets. “Somehow we won a few tickets to the circus, it’s been in town from yesterday. Want to go?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 10:48 pm

Giving a smile and a wave as she left, Sethain flicked his friend a slight smirk "you didn't flat out refuse to talk to her, she's got a glimmer then?" ignoring the smirk and his friends words apart to give him the bird and stalk off to go have a shower. The blonde returned to his quarters and after a cup of tea headed to bed, the next morning he was enjoying another cup of tea with honey used as sweetener outside watching the various goings on. Spotting a familiar face he hid his smile by taking a long sip of the refreshing beverage, another mouthful finished the drink. Setting his favourite cup away he made his way over to the girl from the night before, dressed more casually than he had the night before, in a simple polo shirt and jeans as always his wings folded carefully away. "You're back again, I'm afraid I didn't get your name last night Miss...?" he knew precisely where Martin was and that he had every intention of taking her straight there thanks to the genuine interest she'd shown the previous night he was quite keen to see if she would put her money where her heart seemed to be.

Taking the offered jar he didn't bother with a spoon simply digging his fingers into it and starting to devour it in a way that far belied the way he'd eaten breakfast that morning. Cleaning the sticky substance off his fingers greedily, Hrolf kept an eye on Jon while eating quite thankful that so far the human believed he was just an eccentric type of human. The cheeky twinkle in Jons gaze was noticed and earned a warm almost flirty smile in response, he couldn't help it, the extra sugar wasn't exactly helping matters either. He didn't know what he felt for the man except that at the very least he was considered a close friend after the difficult winter they'd survived together. He hadn't bothered getting his hair cut and so long blond hair stuck out the sides of the beanie and kept the sides of his face warm, while he'd managed to keep himself beard free as he hated them, they were so uncomfortable and got food all through them. Leaning against the bark of the tree he continued to devour the honey barely pausing in his movements when he was told that he needed to eat more "I ate breakfast" truth be told the thinner he'd got the more he'd wanted just sugar and not anything else which hadn't helped matters. Perking up at the mention of a circus as he was more than aware that there would be creatures in one, Hrolf nodded vigorously "Yes! I've never been to one before, Squirt would love it too" flicking an affectionate look at the girl who was helping Tor he couldn't help but be amused at the way the dog leaned into the scratches without toppling the little girl over.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 11:09 pm

Lori had returned the next day, wanting to see the circus in daylight, and see what else she could find out about her target. She hadn’t noticed any wings the previous night, so she was beginning to doubt whether he was the right person or not. Watching the elephants in their grazing area, she jumped when he spoke, a little startled before giving him a quick smile. “I was a bit rude last night, I’m afraid. I’m sorry, my name’s Lori.” Offering her hand to shake his, she resumed watching the huge gentle beasts, curious about everything about the circus. “Do they have names?” she asked casually, glancing at him hopefully. Even in the daylight she still couldn’t see any wings, and she was really starting to doubt herself. She thought she’d been doing so well, tracking him down and getting to know him.

Amused at the almost flirty smile that was sent his way, Jon returned his attention to his daughter, watching her continue grooming the dog and create clouds of hair in the air. At the response about the circus, he gave a slight nod, pleased that for once he could treat his daughter. She was so good about everything, and she deserved something exciting and rare in her life. Keeping his worries about her schooling still very much to himself, he tucked the tickets away to keep them safe. “To the circus we go then, it’s for tomorrow night.” Thankfully he’d been able to get a job through the winter and somehow keep all three of them alive, but it was still very worrying about his companion, especially the way he devoured the honey. Making a note to get some more next time they passed a shop, Jon didn’t particularly mind spending the money on him, it was in his nature to share what he had, even if it was very little. He had enough tucked away for Lilli that he knew his budget and could stick to it without having to juggle too much.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 4:32 pm

Taking in her name he shook her name and provided his own name "Sethain Ulfmaerr, bit of a mouthful im afraid, call me Seth" she asked another question this time about the names "They sure do, Marise, Jane, Dorothy, Matilda, Lacey and Tate she's the baby one over there her mum is Dorothy" at his words one of the elephants wandered over to him and began tracing his pockets with her trunk evidently certain he had something on him. Grinning up at her he rubbed her trunk "Yes Lacey I have something for you" his voice was gentler when he spoke to the asian elpehant, taking a carrot out of his pocket and offering it to her, he had the pleasure of watching her take it in her trunk and set it safe and sound in her mouth. Crunching it before the others had a chance to notice what was going on, the elephant made a soft rumbling noise before moving back to join the others happily grazing on the ample amount of hay that had been put out for them. Little Tate was stretched out asleep on a large pile of it, remembering the entire reason he'd come over to her he beckoned to Lori "Come with me a moment" leading her to the tent he grinned a little "Since you missed out on him last night" inside the tent he chose a spot to sit and looked up watching martin swing effortlessly from a bar to a hoop and held himself in increasingly impossible ways, it was always a pleasure to watch the very well muscled man as it was too hot in the tent to perform in clothes he usually ended up in shorts and nothing else apart from his boots.

Continuing to eat until the honey jar was well finished he tucked it away into his bag to rinse out for later "Sounds exciting, such a special event requires something special to wear" wandering over to a tree covered in white blossoms he took his time selecting flowers silently thanking the tree for its contribution. It was barely one oclock so he had plenty of time, sitting down at the base of the tree he started to weave using grass and twigs as well, humming a cheerful tune to himself as he hummed he was careful to weave a spell into the crown he made that the flowers wouldn't wilt, deciding she needed something to go with it he fashioned two bracelets out of the blossoms as well. Wise enough to stay well away from anything remotely necklace or collar related he soon called Lilli over, gently placing the crown on her head and offering her the two bracelets with a smile "Here you are, all set for tomorrow Lady Lilli" he was ignoring completely his own ill health, he just had to survive until winter, and with the worst weather behind him he knew he could manage well enough on what reserves he had. The copious amount of blossoms he'd eaten would help too, every little bit helped his depleted reserves, flicking Jon a cheeky look and blaming the spring blossoms for the behaviour entirely he began weaving together a crown for jon to wear, it had less blossoms than his daughters but he was quite happy with the finished result. Having no idea his brother had anything to do with the circus or he wouldn't be making anyone anything, Hrolf got up onto his feet and swayed a moment feeling briefly dizzy, he shook it off and smugly settled it on his friends curls "Now you match" he didn't see the need to make one for himself that'd be a little too self serving for his tastes.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 8:01 pm

Well, the name was the right one, so maybe she was right. Shaking his hand, she listened to their names, watching entranced as one came over apparently begging. “They’re nice names,” she murmured, wanting to touch the elephant but not knowing if she’d be allowed to. So she kept her hands to herself and watched as the big animal lumbered back to her herd mates. Curious about why he wanted her to go with him, she followed, the girl looking around in interest at all the differences from the night before. Stepping into the tent, she stopped to watch the man up on the bars and hoops, her mouth dropping open a little before she realised and closed it. Belatedly noticing that Seth had found a place to sit, and hurried to join him, fascinated by the man swinging from hoop to bar and back again. She wanted to try it, and her eyes shone as she watched him. Now she really was sorry she’d missed his performance the night before, but there was something nice about being able to watch him without all the extra dressing up of a performance.

Jon watched the thin man with a slight frown, still rather worried about him. It wouldn’t be good for him to get any thinner, but it was hard to keep weight on while on the streets. He knew that well enough, he himself was on the thin side because of his daughter being his priority. Lilli was delighted by the crown, taking it off to inspect it before putting it back on proudly. She adored Hrolf, having bonding with him over the harsh winter while he babysat her, and the crown and bracelets enchanted the little girl. “Daddy look I’m a fairy princess!” Bounding over to her father, she showed off the new accessories proudly before going back to scratching the big dog, intent upon getting all the loose hair and dirt out of his shaggy coat. With a soft smile, Jon ruffled her hair, not minding the crown that was placed on his head as well. “None for yourself, mate?” Gently teasing the other man, he merely straightened his crown, noticing the dizzy spell that Hrolf went through, but knowing there really wasn’t much else that he could do apart from keep stuffing him full of food.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 11:47 pm

Ignoring the visitors, the dark haired man swung through his routine, practicing the different one he'd have to do that night from the previous, finally finished and covered in a film of sweat he made his way down to the ground grabbing a towel as he did so to mop the sweat off of his face not bothering to say anything until he noticed the look in the girls eyes. A cruel part of him wanted to see if he could squash it out, so he pointed at her "You come with me" turning he marched back up and passed her a pair of boots "Put these on" while she was doing that he looked down at Sethain and scowled, grinning the faerie got to it and lowered the easiest line of bars for the girl. Once he had Martin glanced at the girl and spoke "Watch then copy" simply stepping forward and pushing off he swung forward on the bar his smile returning as he did so, loving how he flew, picking the easiest route as he knew it wouldn't be good for his home if she fell and broke something. Once he reached the furtherest post he turned and came back the same route, landing neatly he kept the bar in his hands and held it for her waiting for her to either chicken out like he expected or actually do it, if she did then he'd admittedly be impressed.

Smiling warmly at how delighted the little girl was with the crown, he just watched as she took it off to inspect it before returning it to its spot and trotted back to her father informing him that she was a faerie princess. He was surprised at how warm and happy his heart grew watching the two, sitting down again a happy smile appeared, maybe this was what the farm had been missing ever since mother and father had passed. Blinking up at Jon when he spoke Hrolf just shrugged "It seems a little egotistical to make yourself your own flower crown" still he hadn't rejected it so that was a good thing, tired from the slight magic he'd used to make the crowns impervious to wilting or dying, and general wear and tear he forced back a yawn aware that his friend was worried about him. It wasn't much until much later that night when Lilli was asleep and he was sitting next to jon with Tor curled up next to him "You don't need to worry about me Jon, I'll be allowed to go home by the start of winter" a tired smile wormed its way onto his face before he could stop it, then he'd have to go back to the farm and be on his own again, just working and working.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 12:47 am

Watching, she was startled when he spoke to her, but Lori wasn’t one to back down from a challenge. And the tug from the bars and hoops was still there, so she obeyed, leaving her jacket on the seat and putting on the boots carefully, checking to make sure that they were on properly before following the trapeze artist to the line of bars. The girl watched carefully, trying to work out how he did what he did. She was frowning a little as he returned, still not quite understanding the technique. She reached for the bar as he landed, curling her fingers around the smooth surface before looking at him. “What’s the best way to hold on?” Unafraid of him, she met his dark gaze quietly, waiting for the answer before she started. She did so want to try it, but she also wasn’t stupid enough to try without some sort of instruction on how to do it.

Happy with the nice day, and keeping his worry about Hrolf to himself, the ex-police dog trainer kept an eye on his daughter as she played in the park, eventually gathering her up when she was tired and heading back to find something to eat. With her finally full, the three settled down in the shack with the dog, the door closed to keep the heat in and the slight chill of the night out. Lilli curled up on his lap with a yawn, holding onto one of his hands tightly, and Jon let her, gently taking the flower crowns off so that they wouldn’t get crushed. Tugging the blanket over her, he flicked his gaze back up to his companion, digesting his words and then sighed. “The problem isn’t when you’ll be allowed home, it’s if you’ll survive until then buddy. You’re far too thin for me not to worry.” Reminded, he reached over his daughter and tugged out the other jar of honey he’d bought, passing it over to his friend. It was doing no harm to keep a small stash of honey in his bag, and he was beginning to suspect that he really was going to need to keep the stash in there. “Eat, what will Lils do when her best friend is gone, hm?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 6:12 pm

Once she was holding the bar he carefully rearranged her hands and her grip so they were holding the bar correctly "Like this" he still didn't believe that she was going to do it, it was all fun and games with these people until the pressure was one. Feeling Seths gaze he didn't say anything about not letting go because she'd probably break her legs, instead he made sure she was confident with the grip before stepping back out of the way. Sethain was very aware what kind of a person his best friend was, and so was keeping an eye on him, settled comfortably on the seat watching them both carefully his elbow on one knee and his chin on the loosely clenched fist the blond faerie absently scratched his jaw with his free hand, he needed to shave again. Partly envious of how martin didn't need to shave anymore he was wise enough to keep those thoughts to himself.

Patting Tor tiredly he just listened as Jon in his opinion fretted, brightening when he spotted the honey he accepted it and began eating before he was even told too. "I was under the suspicion she might not be out here for much longer anyway" well he'd been presuming that the job Jon had got was so he could store it away for something and the only something he could think of would be for Lilli's sake, it was surprisingly sad to think of parting ways from the pair but he intended to plan that on Spring Madness perhaps he should eat more honey and less blossoms. Shovelling the honey into his mouth greedily he didn't say much else until the jar was empty and he'd cleaned the sticky substance off of his fingers. The circus the next day would be fun, after all it wasn't until winter that he could leave, so he had plenty of time to enjoy time with his friend and faerie princess Lilli. Still highly amused by that he yawned and settled down pleased that the crowns had been well recieved.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 7:33 pm

She allowed him to rearrange her hands, taking in the grip and then eyeing the line of bars in front of her. It was an easy guess of what would happen if she let go, so she didn’t think about that, focusing instead on remembering what the man had done and how he’d been moving. Taking a deep breath, Lori steadied herself for a moment before taking the leap. She had no real idea of what she was doing, but she tried, somehow making it to the other end without falling. She was well aware it wasn’t impressive, and that she fumbled a fair bit, but she did it and made it to the other side with a brief bright smile on her face. Keeping hold of the bar just in case, she turned to give an inquiring look at Martin, hoping she’d done what he’d wanted. “I probably did that all wrong, right?”

The man looked down at his daughter at the words, smoothing back her hair gently. “I’d like to send her somewhere safe, but she won’t want to go without me. It’s a long flight.” And he had nowhere near the right amount of money yet, but he had to start somewhere. Of course he still had to find a way to call Jules as well, but that was on the backburner until he knew for sure that she as going to be okay going over there potentially on her own. “For now she’s staying with me,” he murmured, tugging the blanket more over the small girl’s body. “Why are you not allowed home, anyway? If you don’t mind me asking.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 3:47 pm

Watching the girl as she corrected her grip, Martin as usual didn't show anything apart from intense concentration, part of him hoping that the girl would fall not out of anything personal it was just something that he found extremely funny. Of course she was perhaps the fifth person who'd ever attempted this, Seth had a knack for picking them out, and the second who'd made it there and back without falling. At her question he flicked a look at Seth, the single glance telling him that his old friend was extremely smug, looking back to the girl he inhaled thinking it all over before commenting offhandedly "You didn't fall, so in essence you managed to do it right" with that he stalked off having better things to do than teach toddlers, although he had the feeling that Seth was going to try and recruit the girl. Under the surface there was some natural talent he could work with but there was no way he was going to say that, if she wanted compliments she could get them from Sethain Martin did not deal in them. Seth met Lori half way up the stairs to where she'd swung from "You flew well for a first timer, not many actually give it a go, and less that make it there and back. If you're looking for a career change I'd suggest Joining up with us" with his easy smile that he shared with his brother Sethain looked in the direction martin had stalked off in very aware of what was likely going through his friends mind.

Watching the way that Jon looked down at his daughter and smoothed back her hair sent a painful pang through his chest, he could only nod when Jon explained that he'd like to send her somewhere safe but he was quite doubtful if Lilli would go without him since it was a long flight. Hrolf only had a vague idea of what he was talking about, having already cleared up that people took flights on big metal birds during winter when he'd seen a low flying one and freaked out a little. He also had a vague idea that flying on such metal birds was highly expensive, he'd never appreciated his own wings so much before now, his gaze flicked from the sleeping child to Jons face when the human finished with that for now his daughter would remain with him. Looking down at Tor when he was asked about why he wasn't allowed home, he buried his fingers in the hairy grey dogs scruff and sighed "I was foolish and was manipulated without my knowledge, because of this I got a young woman seriously hurt and traumatized" he had limited feelings about Sarah, she was a pet after all but at the same time he had caused her serious misfortune. Managing to look back up at Jon he couldn't find his usual smile "I deserve this, being on the streets, its why I haven't chosen to just up and leave after i sold our rings. My wife left me after it all came out" and now he'd be hard pressed to find anyone who'd want to marry him for a long time. He had no heir and while that was bad for a noble family he desperately would have liked to have children of his own and teach them how to farm the farm, it'd been why he was so happy and eager to talk to Lilli about his farm and the animals there.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 4:36 pm

She’d done her best, and wasn’t expecting much praise. She wasn’t used to it after all, Sofie had never really been one for over the top praise with her. That had always been kept for her pet, the gentle touches and affection that she privately wanted for herself withheld from her. Rubbing her hands together to try and get rid of some of the soreness, she flicked a slight smile at Seth when he met her on the stairs. “It felt awful, but it was so much fun!” Her eyes sparkled at the idea of joining up, but it wasn’t long before her face fell. “I’m not sure if my mum would be happy about it. I’d have to ask her first. Would the um, ringmaster? Would he be okay with it? I don’t know who your boss is.” She gave a bit of a shrug, unsure the best way to go about joining up. To her, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to keep an eye on Lord Sethain, but she’d definitely need to check with her mistress first, and hopefully be able to visit her parents again before the circus moved off. She wasn’t sure when the next time she’d be able to visit them would be, after all. Bending over, she carefully removed the strange boots that she was wearing, hesitating as she held them together. “Do these go anywhere special, or…?”

The male stayed quiet at the explanation, taking it in. He wasn’t entirely sure how that all lined up to being exiled, but he didn’t ask. “A shame about your marriage, but it mustn’t have been going well, I assume?” Glancing down as Lilli stirred slightly, he brushed the stray hairs away from her face. “She adores learning about the animals. You’ve become one of her favourite people.” He managed a slight smile at his companion, pleased that Lilli had someone other than just him. One day perhaps, she’d have a permanent home and not have to live on the streets, but there were so many things that had to be worked out first. It was just safer to keep her with him for the moment. Drawing the blanket up over his daughter a bit more to keep the slight chill in the air at bay, he settled down more comfortably on the floor, running through his various plans and ideas. He still had very little money, even with the few odd jobs he’d been able to pick up.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 8:51 pm

Amused at the way her eyes lit up when he brought up the idea of joining with them, he allowed his head to tilt to the side a little in question when her face fell. Listening to her excuse he offered her a smile "Sure he would, Martins been needing a partner to preform with for a while, the circus will be here for another few days if thats enough time to convince your mother to run away with the circus" he reached out when she took off the boots and gathered them in his hands with the same easy smile. Heading down the steps with her Sethain set the boots down where Martin would find them and pop an aneurysm. Refraining from smirking at the thought of what his friend would say, he just went to continue showing the girl around "We're a well run circus, you'd be working with Martin, he's cranky but he's the best there is he'll show you the ropes" he grinned properly "No pun intended, or perhaps there is" walking past the train carriages that held some of the more dangerous beasts he didn't mention going into visit them always a little wary of showing too much of his gift with animals around people that weren't close to him.

A strangely bitter look flicked over his face "She never liked the farm, however she was a younger daughter of a nobleman so she married me seeing the wealth of my lands and expecting me to provide for her. I was a foolish boy and complied with too many of her demands. I enjoy a rustic life and she despised it, it was an excuse for her to leave me the exiling was." the bitter look softened when the little red head stirred, a gentler smile replacing his previous look "well i'd always wanted kids, my wife not so much, the oppurtunity to get to know such a lovely young lady is not something i'd waste" he didn't say much more than that, wary of saying too much about his past and getting himself into more trouble, it was better that Jon thought him a quirky exiled man than a faerie. Thankfully Lilli was at an age where her father believed that Hrolf was reciting old faerie tales or making up things to do with faeries to keep his daughter entertained.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exiled to the streets
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Faerie Rp-
Jump to: