The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The final furlong

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

The final furlong Empty
PostSubject: The final furlong   The final furlong I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 9:16 am

Wren is a psychologist that writes romance novels in his spare time, in his newest book he intends to base the story of his novel in the world of horse racing. Unfortunately for him most of the racing folks seem to believe he's a reporter and refuse to talk to him apart from one jockey named Cas. The two form a friendship that eventually leads to something more.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

The final furlong Empty
PostSubject: Re: The final furlong   The final furlong I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2021 7:44 pm

The idea had been bouncing around in his brain for a while, he’d been watching some movies one evening after work and it’d come to him then, after that he’d spent time musing over it wondering if it’d be good enough to turn into something worth publishing. After a while he’d decided that he’d at least see if he could collect some information and go from there, so here he was, in some rather casual clothes for someone going to the races. His note book was in his pocket and his pen tucked there as well, he’d picked a rather small race meet, not that keen on trying to deal with a heap of people, his hope was that a smaller race meet might mean they would be more alright with talking to someone. Alas that seemed to not be the case, frustrated but unable to say more except that he wasn’t a reporter, he was always hesitant to tell people that he was a writer as they always asked what genre he was in and it was a little embarrassing. Lifting a hand to push his curls out of his face, the shifter sighed and listened to some of the local birds that were warbling away, although he was drawn out of his thoughts when he sensed another creature. Glancing around he spotted someone who appeared to be that said creature, watching him interact with the horses his suspicions were confirmed, still he hesitated a little unsure if h e should go over and get rejected again.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

The final furlong Empty
PostSubject: Re: The final furlong   The final furlong I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2021 7:58 pm

It was only a small race meet for him this time, but he didn’t mind that. He was still riding after all. Turning up and listening to the excitable horses, the lean jockey didn’t take long to find the horse that he was riding first and wandered over to greet the big mare. She was an older one who new her job very well and just wanted to get moving as soon as she could. Her trainer gave him a grateful smile when Cas turned up knowing that he’d be able to calm her enough to get her around the ring and into the gates without a mishap. As usual the race went well, Cas coaxing her easily into a win without pushing her too hard and returned her safe and sound and much calmer than when she’d left. Since he didn’t have another race for a little bit, he wandered out of the tie ups area to find something to eat, curious about the creature that he could sense somewhere else around here too.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

The final furlong Empty
PostSubject: Re: The final furlong   The final furlong I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2021 8:19 pm

He’d watched a couple of the races and had jotted some notes down, so far his only real experience with racing had been when he’d watched Secretariat and Pharlap, as usual, once the idea was in his head it’d been hard to get it out. Picking the pen out of his pocket to fiddle with it, a bit of an anxious habit of his but it was something that was more positive than some of the old tics that he’d grown up with. Telling himself to stop being such a wuss, Wren took a big breath and walked over to the lean stranger “Hi, my name is Wren, I was wondering if I could ask you some questions? I promise I’m not a reporter!” dithering a moment, he decided to admit that he was a writer and hope the fact that he was a creature as well would help “I’m a writer and I’m collecting information for a story, well trying to nobody wants to talk to me which is fair” shutting himself up and starting to click the pen on and off rather anxiously. He’d done some research online first and had found a lot of articles of reporters trashing racing as abusive, so it was hardly surprising that if people thought he was a reporter they wouldn’t ay a word.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

The final furlong Empty
PostSubject: Re: The final furlong   The final furlong I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2021 9:04 pm

It hadn’t taken long for the other creature to come over and Cas listened to what he had to say in silence. Mulling over it for a minute while he drank his coffee, he eyed the other man warily. “Sure you’re not a reporter?” He didn’t particularly trust them like most around here, there had been a long run of blistering reports on them recently and no one was impressed by it all. He didn’t want to make anything worse for the industry that he was part of and loved so much.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

The final furlong Empty
PostSubject: Re: The final furlong   The final furlong I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 8:43 pm

Realizing he was being eyed warily, Wren tried not to show the panic on his face instead have swallowed hard and nodded "I'm completely sure, I'm a fiction writer. I write fake stories but I like to be able to weave some real elements into in them so they feel realistic" you're babbling he told himself, stop that you sound like an idiot. Closing his mouth he rubbed his face  "Sorry, I'm blathering away. I don't like that the articles on racing are all one sided and bashing. That doesn't interest me for my book. I do not intend to put in my book anything that peta has coughed up" speaking with more composure, he sighed this wasn't going to go anywhere. His free hand was still fiddling with the pen, although a little less now he'd tried to get some control of himself, he didn't need to panic and come across like a nut case even if he felt like one.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

The final furlong Empty
PostSubject: Re: The final furlong   The final furlong I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 9:52 pm

Sipping his coffee, Cas listened as the stranger babbled away, privately highly amused by it all. Deciding that he didn’t want to interrupt at the moment and just see how much of a hole the apparent writer dug himself into, he stayed quiet until he shut up. “I believe most fiction writing is fake stories.” He couldn’t help poking a bit of fun at the other man’s expense, he’d gained that skill from his foster parent who seemed to pass it on to many of his foster kids somehow.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

The final furlong Empty
PostSubject: Re: The final furlong   The final furlong I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2022 12:52 pm

Flushing pink he closed his mouth and flicked his gaze away, "A true writer will take things from the real world and weave them into their stories to give a feeling of at least semi realism." speaking quieter than what volume he'd been speaking at before. Brushing some of his curls back out of his face he turned his pen over in his fingers, he could name several fictional books that had plenty of real-world elements in them. "But, if I can't get anyone to talk to me, I can't change that, I'll have to shelve the idea and come up with something else" musing more to himself he rested his elbow on the table and his chin on his hand looking fairly resigned. His free hand slipped his pen behind his ear, this wasn't the first place he'd come to try and get information about this topic.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

The final furlong Empty
PostSubject: Re: The final furlong   The final furlong I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2022 5:41 pm

Well that did make sense, still the response didn’t wipe the cheeky look off the jockey’s face. Mulling over his options, he eventually gave a mental shrug. “What sort of information are you wanting to know?” Wren had given him his name, he didn’t suppose there would be many Wrens writing out there so he could probably be able to track him down with Claire’s help.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

The final furlong Empty
PostSubject: Re: The final furlong   The final furlong I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2022 5:26 pm

Visibly perking up at the question a genuine smile that showed off the dimples in his cheeks, "A bit of everything really, if I'm basing a fictional story in the real world i want it to be as realistic as possible. It's hard to find non biased resources on the internet so i figured coming here to get information from the horses mouth as it were would give me a more fair picture of how things actually are" flushing a little at his verbal diarrhea he looked down and took out his notebook and pen from behind his ear "How involved are jockeys in the training side of things?" he hadn't really decided whether or not the character would be a jockey or if they'd be working at a racing stable. So he'd get information on the jockey side of things first and see how he went from there.  
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

The final furlong Empty
PostSubject: Re: The final furlong   The final furlong I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2022 6:29 pm

Still hungry after the fast race, Cas began moving towards the coffee cart that was situated nearby, listening to the so-called writer as he chattered about what he was writing about. Deciding for now that he’d play along, the lean jockey shrugged his shoulders a little. “It depends on the jockey. Some work for a trainer as a trackrider and ride races as well, some only ride races.” He tended to just ride in the races, it was easier to be able to scoot home from time to time to help Claire and Jules out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The final furlong Empty
PostSubject: Re: The final furlong   The final furlong I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The final furlong
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Miscellaneous Rp-
Jump to: