The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Collecting feathers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Collecting feathers Empty
PostSubject: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 9:20 am

Cas has been living at Julian's farm for some time, out of the blue Marius the local police officer turns up with another kid that the kindhearted stockman winds up taking on. Wren has been surviving for the past year or so on the streets, he had some kind of memory issue where he couldn't remember his parents or much of his life before the streets. As both kids are around the same age they wind up hitting it off and becoming very close, when they're adults wren follows his heart and goes to America to see just how far he could go with his writing, he keeps in contact with Cas until all of a sudden the letters stop arriving. With the help of Claire and Julian, Cas makes his way to America to find his love and to bring him home safe and sound.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2022 1:22 pm

he'd been caught and was now stuck in a policemans car, his hands tied and the doors locked, the young boy had tried to escape several times now. Thin from living on the street, his eyes were flicking around searching for a way to escape to get free, the policeman seemed to know he was a creature hand had used handcuffs that had prevented him from shifting. Finally the car came to a stop, Marius got out and the boy was left to his own devices in the back of the car, Marius was already aware that Julian might not take the boy, he already had one young foster already. But the boy had nowhere else to go but back on the street, he had no memories and had in Marius's opinion been dumped by his parents as no missing child files matched the boy. Spotting Julian coming over Marius gave a sheepish grin "Sorry in advance Jules. Kids a creature and has no where else to go, he keeps trying to escape other foster homes. Was found trying to make a living on the street, no parents, no memories. pretty flighty, he was found with a fair amount of stolen goods as well, this or Juvie" giving a shrug of his shoulder the officer looked back towards the car briefly to make sure the kid wasn't getting into any trouble.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2022 5:37 pm

Cas as was his habit now had vanished off to play with the horses and Julian had let him, working through his list of daily jobs when the police car had come up the driveway and parked. Curious to what had brought Marius around, Jules wiped his hands of leather cleaner and wandered over, quirking an eyebrow at the younger man. “Morning, is anything the matter?” He didn’t think Cas would have gotten himself into trouble, the young kid had been here a few months now and had settled in quite nicely once he’d worked out that the horses weren’t off limits to talk to. Listening to what the officer said, Jules’s gaze flicked to the car and gave a sigh. “What sort of creature do you know?” He didn’t usually take on more than one kid, but this might be an exception to the rule.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2022 5:59 pm

Well at least he wasn't turned down straight away, Marius rocked back onto his heels and gave a sigh "Some kind of bird shifter, he wont talk to anyone, refused to talk to people in his previous foster homes. Got asked to leave his last one because corvids started flocking to the house and harassing people that he didn't like" looking a little amused at that he rubbed the back of his neck. "Bagels been tolerating him well at least, they ignore each other, he spent the night with me after I picked him up last night" glancing up at the magpies that roosted in the trees near the barn he resisted the urge to comment that he thought the boy would do well here, that was up to Jules to decide not him. The kid in the car was bored and was amusing himself with the handcuffs since they were fairly shiny, the sound of the magpies in the trees warbling drew his attention away, pressing his forehead against the window he looked out searching for them.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2022 6:59 pm

He listened closely, still watching the kid in the car. He was often the last chance for creature kids, so he wasn’t surprised that the boy was here now. “Well if he gets on with Cas it should be all fine. Cas seems quite easy going anyway. Lets meet him.” He had a spare bed, Claire had found her own home by now so there was one less person to be concerned about meeting the newcomer.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2022 7:36 pm

Nodding the officer stepped back to the car, unlocked it and let the kid out removing his cuffs, rubbing his wrists and watching the handcuffs as they were put away somewhat mournfully as they would have been a good sparkly gift to his birds, the boy turned his gaze to the stranger. His hair was in need of a cut, thick curls giving him a shaggy appearance, and the clothes he wore were clearly hand me downs, he was without shoes his own preference. After a few moments his blue-grey eyes flicked towards the trees where he had heard magpies, wanting to call out and speak to them although he knew he couldn't around other people, they wouldn't understand. The man in the hat felt like a creature as well, but he saw no reason to trust someone just because of that. Marius introduced them "Wren this is Julian, he runs this farm along with his daughter, wife and foster kids" the scruffy lad nodded to show his understanding.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2022 8:03 pm

The stockman studied the boy quietly, tucking his hands into his pockets comfortably. “Hey kiddo. Marius said you’re needing a place to live for a while.” The wild magpies that were often fed from the verandah were still warbling away, and sounded like they were coming closer. That didn’t really surprise Jules, not if the kid was a bird shifter of some sort which was what Marius seemed to think. Perhaps he'd try chatting to the local corvids around and find out that this place would be safe for him after all.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2022 8:24 pm

Kiddo? He'd never been called that before, he supposed that it was better than brat, he hadn't made up his mind about whether or not he'd stay here or not. However, the farm was better than being in the city that he'd lived in all of his life, although if things went wrong then it'd be harder to get away. His gaze lit up noticeably when the birds appeared, they flew down and hovered around him, speaking to him, listening intently to them he still didn't appear to say a word. Stretching out a hand, a couple landed on that arm while the other two landed on his shoulders making him grin, they filled his ears with chatter and gossip about this place and those that lived there. It was enough to make him want to stay, those that went ouf of their way to feed birds when times were tough were okay in his book, flicking his gaze to the adult introduced as Julian he gave a nod and turned his back to Marius suggesting that he was happy to stay there. "looks like everything's sorted then" Speaking with some amusement, he returned to the car and picked up a folder, turning and giving it to Julian, it was the boys file and had his name, age, and background.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2022 8:29 pm

Letting Wren chat with the magpies, Jules nodded at Marius’s words, taking the folder. “Usual back in a month then?” It was what the man often did to check on the kids and make sure that they were still going okay. With the officer sorted and headed back down the road, Jules turned his attention to the boy again. “I’ve got another foster here at the moment, he’s called Cas. He’ll show up for dinner I don’t doubt and meet you then. Come get settled in your room.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2022 8:33 pm

Marius nodded and gave a wave before heading off int he car, once the car was gone the Magpies headed back to their nests. Listening quietly, Wren nodded his acceptance, he was out of practice with talking and wasn't about to start talking again out of nowhere, from what he'd experienced, adults didn't care about what kids had to say, they just wanted you to nod and follow orders. Heading inside he memorized the layout of the house and stared at the room that was apparently his, he had his own room? He'd never had his own room, it'd always been sharing with somebody else, exploring the room, once he was left to his own devices he headed outside again, to sit under the trees and listen to the birds.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2022 8:37 pm

The horses had told him that Marius had turned up so the boy had stayed away, unwilling to let the cop take him away again. Instead he was told that he’d dropped another boy off and left again. Curious about the newcomer, Cas appeared when the other boy sat under a tree, watching him from a safe distance. “You’re new.” He wasn’t sure what Jules did with new kids when he already had one staying with him, and he was wary of being kicked out in favour of the new boy.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2022 8:46 pm

Hearing a voice, he glanced up and studied the other boy, a little wary of being picked on, then again he had friends in 'high' places and he didn't think the magpies would be pleased with that. He wasn't alone, while he wasn't that interested in talking to adults, other kids were fair game, kids could be cruel but when he'd been on the street there had been another boy he'd been close with. "Yeah. I'm Wren" quite comfortable underneath the tree he was leant against, it felt like the other boy was a creature as well, was this whole place somewhere where creatures gathered? he couldn't be sure, but for now he remained a little wary.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2022 7:35 pm

He studied the so-called Wren warily. “I’m Cas. You’re a creature too.” It was easy to sense, although he couldn’t figure out what sort of creature. He just wasn’t the same as him and Jules, and not the same as Marius either. “Are you gonna be staying?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2022 5:26 pm

Studying the other boy and picking up on the wariness on his face, Wren pursed his lips for a moment before shrugging to himself. "I haven't really decided yet, the magpies reckon this place is safe, I never do well with competition I'm always at the bottom of the hierarchy" despite the fact that magpies were renowned for being hecklers, he really wasn't one. He was quiet, observant and kept to himself, it'd been the only way for him to survive on the streets, tucking some curls back behind his ears he drew his knees up to his chest "if you wanna be the boss I'm not strong enough to dispute that" the couple of foster homes he'd been to, there had been strict pecking orders amongst the kids and he expected that'd be the same here. "my bones break real easy so please don't beat me up too bad" sounding more resigned than scared he flicked his eyes away, not bringing up that the magpies would potentially intervene. It'd be better if they didn't he surmised, he'd have to tell them to leave off if they tried, it wouldn't do for them to suffer a lack of food because they'd defended a hatchling that didn't fit in. They themselves would naturally drive out an offspring that wasn't right, he could just climb up the tree instead, he was an excellent climber.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2022 8:14 pm

Cas just hunched his shoulders a little, shoving his hands deeper into his pockets. “Not a fighter.” He was too small and scrawny for that, it was far easier to run and hide and keep out of harm’s way. He’d been here for a few months down, long enough to be more comfortable with Jules and his rules. “Jules wouldn’t like it anyway.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 1:07 pm

Studying the other boy quietly, he was privately quite relieved that Cas claimed that he wasn't a fighter and that Jules wouldn't like it if they were. "This place is an upgrade then." flicking a brief smile that seemed fairly genuine he drew his knees up to his chest and rested his chin on them "Whats this place like?" the magpies reckoned it was safe, and the other boy seemed to be dressed in decent clothes and wasn't skinny. "Especially the adults" kids were cruel but they were easier to deal with than adults, he could outrun and out climb other kids, angry adults were too big and too strong especially when there were no bolt holes. It would be easier if he could shift but he hadn't been able to since he'd woken up on the streets a few years ago, he'd never had enough food to have the energy to.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2022 8:47 pm

It didn’t seem like Wren was keen on moving, so Cas crouched where he was, ending up sitting on the ground, still at a somewhat safe distance. “Jules is decent. He hasn’t hurt me so far.” And it had been a few months since he’d turned up. He’d tested things, pushing boundaries but Julian hadn’t done anything beyond explaining in more detail how he ran the farm. It helped that the horses backed him up, they were happy and healthy here. “He takes real good care of the horses and the natives.” That meant a great deal more to the boy, and he hazarded a guess that it would to the new boy too.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2022 8:35 am

The other boy explained that the adult here was alright and treated the animals well, which led to him relaxing slightly, if people treated animals well they usually treated him okay. The magpie's words to him also backed up what Cas had said. While magpies were tricksters and thieves they never lied to him even if they sometimes teased him, while he would remain somewhat wary just in case things changed, he was able to let go of some of the anxiety that kept him on high alert. Reaching up he absently brushed his fingers through his curls in a self-soothing preening gesture, "you like horses then" the way Cas had talked about horses reinforced the fact that the other boy felt like a creature, animals were also usually a good topic to talk about.  "I've never been around them" the animals out in the paddocks here made him feel somewhat uncomfortable. They were so big and he was so small, it wouldn't take much for one of them to hurt him, in one of the previous homes he'd had to stay at he'd had the mickey taken out of him for not being very adventurous, he just didn't like putting himself in danger.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2022 9:11 pm

Picking at the grass and munching on a few of the blades, Cas kept a close eye on the other boy, ready to be up and fleeing if he had to. While he’d learned it was safe here, strangers were still people to be wary of, even if they did seem to be parent-less like he was. “Yeah.” He wasn’t really inclined to chat much more, it was better to stay aloof and apart because he was only just going to get moved on again and leave this place. It was too good to be permanent, as much as the horses said that Jules would let him stay as long as he wanted or needed to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collecting feathers   Collecting feathers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collecting feathers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Miscellaneous Rp-
Jump to: