The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An Unlikely Encounter

Go down 
AuthorMessage

An Unlikely Encounter Empty
PostSubject: An Unlikely Encounter   An Unlikely Encounter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:34 am

Click for Ace
Click for Skye

Just a thread where two unlikely characters meet, chat, and get to know each other. Who knows what will happen?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Encounter   An Unlikely Encounter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:34 am

The smell of sea water, the feeling of water falling down from above and splashing on skin and clothes, the sound of people chattering away to each other; Peaceful. To him, at least.

Sighing contentedly, Ace strolled through the seaside port, a slight smile on his face (which was half covered by his long, silvery fringe). He always liked to walk around aimlessly, heading nowhere in particular. It made him feel free, in a way. Rather than rushing to get somewhere, he could take all the time he wanted.

And right now, he didn't feel like doing much. He had the weekend off work, and there was no one to bug him about all the little things going on in their lives. It was just perfect. But as always, something bad happens. When it would strike, he didn't know. But hopefully it wouldn't be for another few hours....
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Encounter   An Unlikely Encounter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:40 am

With a sigh, she released her unruly red hair from the braid, not caring as the sea wind blew it everywhere. Standing in a rare empty spot, she gazed out at the sea, her smoky violet eyes shifting with the waves. The sounds of the seagulls were barely heard, as were the people, but she sensed that something was going to happen today. She hoped it would be something exciting.
Turning away from the view of the horizon, she began to make her way to her home on the cliff overlooking the port. Some would call it big, but it was enough for her, and any strays she took in. Pushing her hair impatiently out of her face and behind her ear, she wove through the throng of people in the town, barely seeing the man with the silver hair. She needed to get back to the orphaned fox cub she'd found the day before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Encounter   An Unlikely Encounter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:49 am

Ace stopped to stare down at the waves with silver eyes that were flecked with gold. It was almost calming, the sound of the waves crashing on the beach, spraying white foam everywhere. He looked around at the throng of people just in time to see a woman with long, flowing red hair that reached down past her back, practically down to her hips. But the most surprising thing of all was the dark blue top hat on her head. Staring at the strange woman with wide eyes, he didn't notice that he was walking towards her until her figure became more defined and she was much closer.

The red-haired woman seemed to be making her way to the cliff overlooking the port, and a thoughtful expression crossed his handsome face. Not many people ventured that way, for fear of falling off. He certainly hadn't tried. But there was something about the woman that was insatiably intriguing. It was like he was being pushed towards her by an invisible force, to know what she thinking about, where she was headed.

Striding slowly up to the woman, and cautiously made his way past other people to come up on her right, a few paces away as to not seem like he was going to hurt her in any way. Smiling, he looked down at her (she seemed to be about a foot shorter than her) for a few moments. "Hello. My name is Ace Caravello, may I ask for your name?"

Last edited by Melorama on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Encounter   An Unlikely Encounter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:55 am

Hearing the soft voice, she turned, and had to raise her violet eyes nearly a foot to meet his silvery ones. Letting herself smile, she pushed her hair back, pulling into a ponytail to get it out of the way. "You may not," she replied teasingly, examining him. So he was the reason for her feeling. "But you may join me for lunch, if you wish to try again."
Without waiting for a response, she continued up the narrow path to her home, as always, revelling in the feeling of recklessness. The path wandered about the cliff, often going quite close to the edge. Because of that, not many ventured up her way, for which she was grateful for. Visitors were not often welcome.

Last edited by WolfWynd on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Encounter   An Unlikely Encounter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 2:05 am

He froze at the sight of her smoky, violet eyes. He had never seen a colours such as hers, and was instantly mesmerized, fascinated, you name it. He wanted to know more about her, more than her name and the usual facts. A grin formed on his face at her teasing words. It was good to know that she wasn't one of those serious types of woman, who was never in a good mood. Those girls were the ones that he avoided like the plague.

Ace's eyebrows raised ever so slightly at her words, but he said nothing. At least until they started walking on the path that wandered about the cliff. "Over there?" His voice had a clear uncertain tone. But he was afraid, obviously. It was just dangerous, and he didn't want the woman to hurt herself. He'd take it as his own fault for not looking after her. Looking at her with slightly widened silver eyes (still hidden behind his fringe) he waited for her to scoff at him, telling him that he was acting like a child.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Encounter   An Unlikely Encounter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 2:07 am

She turned her head, grinning. "I've lived here my whole life," she replied. "But if you are scared...?" She left it hanging, a challenge. She could never resist one, herself. He intrigued her, him and his silver-gold eyes, and she wanted to know more. However, the fox cub was more pressing, so she turned and kept climbing, not waiting for him to follow if he wanted to.

Last edited by WolfWynd on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Encounter   An Unlikely Encounter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 2:13 am

He couldn't help but smile back when the red-haired woman turned to him, grinning. It almost surprised him that she told him her life had been spent by the cliff, but he managed to keep the look off his face, though the questions burned through him inside. His eyes shot up immediately and a slight scowl crossed his face, but it was a friendly one. He wasn't scared for himself, and seeing as she had supposedly spent her life by the cliff, he shouldn't worry about her. "Of course not." He replied almost sulkily, but a humorous tone to his voice.

Ace followed her as she turned to continue down the trail, always just a few steps behind. He didn't know how long it would take to get to where she was headed, but he kept himself amused by watching her, his silvery yes never leaving her figure. It was only after a few minutes that he spoke up in his soft voice, in a questioning tone. "Where are we going?"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Encounter   An Unlikely Encounter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:47 am

She didn't answer, but the path only led to one place. Pushing open the back gate to her garden, she led him in, where she abandoned him to find her fox cub. She came back out, cradling the little cub in her arms, and looked at the Ace. "Here," she replied with a grin. "You hungry?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Encounter   An Unlikely Encounter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 2:27 pm

When the red-haired woman didn't answer, Ace frowned slightly, his brows furrowing. But he followed her anyway. She seemed interesting, and he was fascinated by her. His life was very boring: it was all eat, sleep, and work. Something new every now and then made life just that bit better.

When they came upon a small gate he paused for just a moment, watching her open it. Mentally shrugging, he walked through and heard the click of the gate closing, and her footsteps behind him. Ace watched her walk away apprehensively, and it was a while (or so it seemed to him) before she came back, cradling a fox cub in her arms.

She grinned at him, asking if he was hungry, and he stepped back before he could stop himself. Shaking his head, Ace stared at the red-haired woman, unsure of what to do. But after a few moments, he exhaled. "No, I just ate." His voice was soft, like always, but there was the smallest shake in it, a quiver, really. Hopefully she hadn't noticed.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Encounter   An Unlikely Encounter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 5:13 pm

Noticing the tremble, she hid a smile. Instead, she held a hand out to him. "Then why did you follow me here?" she asked quietly. "Surely there was a reason, other than the offer of lunch. Come in, talk."
She led him inside, leaving the back door open to the sunshine and smell of the sea. In her arms, the fox stirred, and she let him clamber onto her shoulder, making sure that he was balanced alright before taking her hand away. She took her hat off, placing it on a side table, and kicked her shoes off at the same time, not caring where they went. She would find them later. Barefoot now, she led the man upstairs, to where her verandah jutted out from the house, looking out over the sea. There was a table, and a couple of chairs. She put the cub down, happy to let him wander, and turned to the man, smiling to see how uncomfortable he was.
"Have a seat," she offered, but didn't sit down herself. She walked to the railing, and leant on it, closing her eyes as the wind blew her hair about her face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Encounter   An Unlikely Encounter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Unlikely Encounter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: