The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Bird or the Cage

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Bird or the Cage Empty
PostSubject: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 11:59 am

The forest was escape for the little dove. A taste of freedom. And an oath of seclusion for the delicate beast.
The open forest has always been a place of precious safety and freedom for those who dare enter its depths. Some say the ancient forest is filled with all manner of magic and mystery.

The Dove

The Beast

The Bird or the Cage 388862fa-564f-4cd8-83d3-c287fce875b3_zpsjrdqxzye

Last edited by Fidget on Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 12:07 pm

renee had managed to do the groceries and slip out into the forest that bordered the eastern edge of the township, she had never been afraid of the forest despite the fact that it was dark and filled with all manner of animals. Animals were more trustworthy than the people she knew anyway, the blue eyed woman with black hair that framed a face with rosy cheeks and freckles made her way toward the secluded clearing where last week she'd been able to sketch a doe. the woman was quiet and gentle and often found that animals liked her. Finding the clearing and entering she sat herself down on the large warm rock that she'd claimed as hers and removed the satchel from her shoulder pulling out a sketchpad, a pencil, eraser and a sharpener. Inhaling the smell of the forest a smile slipped up onto her face, she looked around and her eyes focused on the same doe from the week before. surprise and eagerness became apparent and she quickly flipped her sketch pad open to the page from last week. The pencil set to paper and she became lost in the world that was drawing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Silence was all a matter of the mind. Some found it nerve wracking. The lack of sound, a lack of life.

Others found peace, a golden time taken for granted. Used to contemplate and appreciate.

The forest was a good place to relax. Birds tweeting, small rays of the sun serenading the trees, and small rustles of life lying under its pure darkness. You would expect to be alone. The people in town avoided it best they could. Fear thrumming in their hearts. He could taste it.

But she didn't have it. He just smelle flowers on her.

The black haired male watched with big, doe eyes as the female scratched away on her notebook. He was mesmerized by her easy grace. Watching as her eyes lit up to see all matters of creatures in the forest.

He pinned his lip between his teeth and turned around, leaning on a tree for support. "You're being very...odd, Julian." He frowned at his mental voice, but took its words to heart. He decided a plan. One that seemed a tad less...drastic than watching her. Making sure nothing would leapt out from the forest.

He let out a small sigh and managed to move his feet. He stepped around the tree to approach from the side. "Uh...Miss...?" He whispered, careful not to scare the human. Small and delicate like a mayfly on a spring day.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 4:22 pm

The doe lifted her head and darted off which gave Renee the first indication that someone else was there, anxiety clouded her features, it couldn't be him could it? He hadn't followed her here from the supermarket, watched her dump the car and escape into the only place she felt safe? The voice that called out however, soothed that anxiety, he didn't have a quiet voice like that, his voice was rough, hard and cruel. Letting out a short sigh of relief she released her tight grip on the satchel where she'd swiftly shoved her things, her sapphire hued gaze flicking around and eventually picking out the figure who owned the voice.

Wariness replaced the Anxiety before she mentally shrugged it off, anything that could have happened to her had already happened so unless he was a real sadist anything he did to her probably wasn't anything new. She stood up carefully biting on her bottom lip, her right arm moving across to gently grasp her left arm, "Hello?" her gaze studied the figure as best as she could from where she stood. The figure was tall, and seemed to be wiry and lean, his eyes didn't seem to show any ill will or malicious intent, feeling confident enough with this assumption that was backed up with the facts she'd picked up her shoulders relaxed and her teeth released her lip so her mouth could flick up in a slight smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 2:20 pm

He stared back, trees creaking under the pressure of the earth. His mouth went dry. "She's...definitely human..." He thought, not sure what he would have expected otherwise.

The doe was long gone, and he could still smell it. But that didn't matter. Not now. He...he needed to focus. How did you go about greetings now-a-days?

He tipped his head watching as she clutched the strap to her bag in a wariness that slowly flowed away from her body. "Uh...Hello." He said, a voice just above a whisper. He felt his Adam's apple bob, the skin on his hands turning electric. He could hear her every pulse. The ones in her feet, her hands, her chest, and her neck. But this hypersensitivity was ignored. Humans seemed to be taboo. That was the one thing he could establish when he had awoken again. But there didn't seem to be anything else he could remember.

A somber feeling arose in him, but he ignored his heart again in favor of the girl. "Are you perhaps...looking for something?" He said, a hesitance in his voice, only evident in those who barely knew how to speak. "Or...Have you already found it?" He questioned, a mysterious inclining tone in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 2:33 pm

A part of the woman was still keeping an ear out for heavy footsteps, what if this was a trap? Her tongue traced over her bottom lip anxiously before retreating back into her mouth, the man had a strong curious gaze which was enough to make her take a step back her hands gripping the strap of her satchel that kept it on her shoulder. His voice wasn't grating or harsh, if anything it was quite pleasant to listen to, "Looking for something?" she asked quietly "i... suppose you could say that" she was looking for a place to hide for a few hours, a place to be safe, a place to draw. She always hid her Art things out here, the last time /he/ had found them he'd burnt her drawings, wasted the paints and snapped the pencils.

The memory caused her features to sadden slightly, she lowered her head to take a deep breath. Now would not be the right time to remember such things, other sad memories such as the two children she'd lost caused her teeth to dig once again into her lip, her suffering at the hands of those who'd used and abused her was never really very far from her mind. The woman who was merely between twenty one and twenty two who should have had all the paths open to her from the beginning was caged. Trapped. Alone. "umm, can I help you sir?" she asked dragging herself away from the memories.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 7:34 pm

She had pulled into herself again. Anxiousness, nervousness, sadness.

Fear?

He silenced his mind, pressing his hands together in a meditating gesture. The thought flaring up again as she stepped back, the tenseness returning. He pressed his lips together as she continued, albeit vaguely, first repeating his question then answering in a pleasant tone. Had he been too terse with her? Was it because he was a stranger? This was turning out to be a horrid idea.

He bit his tongue to shut out his head again.

Her sadness returned, tenfold, a hint of disappointment lying under it. Her lips parted to breath in deeply. Thoughts of melancholy haunting her eyes. Loss perhaps? He didn't want to pry, setting the observation to rest with another tilt of his head.

"Umm, can I help you sir?"

He hadn't thought to answer something like that. Or did he?

"Ah, no...it's nothing." He said, eyes turning to dart to a rustling bush and then quickly back to her. "I just thought to warn you is all." He murmured, halting speech taking over again. "I'm sure you've heard of more then your fair share of legends about the forest." He finished, coming off as a friendly townsperson. A safe escape route.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 11:57 am

A silent laugh racked through her as the man attempted to warn her "All of those legends are talking about death, and if that is all they have then in reality... they scare me not" death, death was easy, once you were dead you didn't feel pain, you didn't feel loss everything was just.. gone. She lifted her eyes to meet his once again, there was something.. different about him. Although her experience with males was quite limited she'd never come across one like this specimen before her. The rustling bush caused her to pause her attention flicking to it, a slight smile gracing her features as the old grizzled alley cat she called old man jenkins stomped out making his way over to her. The cat was not in any way pretty or attractive, but the woman loved him, crouching down she pet the scruffy old toms battle scarred head her anxiety fading quickly with the old codger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 2:55 pm

His hands retreated to his side, his orbs shimmering with surprise. He parted his lips a thoughtful expression on his face before returning to his somber bearings.

"All of those legends are talking about death, and if that is all they have then in reality... they scare me not."

He looked away, less curtly then before. "So that's how it is..." He thought, wetting his lips before preparing to speak again. Perhaps to console the youth. She was just a breadth away from having her bright wisp stolen away from this realm. And not by someone else's doing.

The quiet rustle of levels in the breeze provided him with his muse. "Then what are you afraid of...?" He whispered, more in mystery then in hesitance. A melodious poetry filled him. The wanting to heal, to help. "Surely saddening those who care so deeply is...cruel." He murmured, his hesitance returning. "...Life and death are never fair. She shouldn't have to be patronized into this..." His eyelids flickered over his eyes before hearing the bush whimper again.

Eyes as big as the moon stared at the ruffled feline. A welcome old friend of the forest. He breathed a laugh, hiding his face behind a hand. "You old cat. I can't believe you've warmed up to a young girl like her." His eyebrows turned up in the middle. "And yet you're disgusted by other old men." He felt a tad bit dejected, but the girl seemed to calm in front of the cat. "Pervert." He thought.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 4:29 pm

The young woman gently stroked the old scruffy cats head and she gently lifted him up in her soft warm arms, the alley cats gaze flicking to the vampire as if reading his thoughts, the cats yellow gaze rested on him for a few seconds before flicking away. Renee bit her lower lip musing quietly "You speak in Poetic Riddles" a thought caused her gaze to flick down to her watch to check the time. The anxiety that returned to her features was almost overwhelming and she began to tremble, the cat slipped down from her arms to land on the ground with a grumpy yowl. Her shirt sleeves that had ended at her elbow had been pushed up somewhat by the old thing revealing a recent bruise that wrapped around her bicep cruelly. She tugged the sleeve down and backed up "I... I have to go" she couldn't afford to have them come look for her and find this quiet place that was her sanctuary. The woman akin to a small delicate bird, who was both kind and beautiful added "Sorry to have wasted your time mister"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Julian felt something twitch in his chest. "Riddles are they...?" He felt his attempt being casually swept away. There was no use in forcing her to listen. She had nothing to do with him.

And the same could be said for he.

He could smell her anxiety. The small shutters of her body making his fingers twitch. The vampire's eyes flickered up as she stood. The cat was certainly mischievous. Living up to his infamous reputation as he had shown him a sign that spoke stories and lines of life. He felt blood drain from his extremities at the dark ring upon her flesh. Tattoos staining her otherwise fair skin. Inflicted by no other old friend then pain.

Pain.

"I... I have to go."

"Sorry to have wasted your time, mister."

He barely heard her.

His hand moved without his better judgement. Gently curling around her pale fingers.

Warmth he hadn't felt in a long time.

He couldn't bear to look up. His eyes continue to study her hand, as if it was the most interesting thing in his world. It was so small... And delicate.

He spoke absently. "Yes...but do be careful. You haven't wasted anyone's time." His hold gently pulling away, fist clenching once the warmth had evaporated. He could still feel the burn of human flesh like an aftertaste. He clasped his hands behind his back to hide his wistful longing. Plunging his soul into a dark sonder once again.

"I hope good things will come into you future." He said, finally looking up with a small smile. "It was nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 8:13 pm

Renee hadn't expected his hand to move, she went still as it gently grasped hers and curled around her fingers that had pencil smudges on them. His hand... it was surprisingly cool, the gentleness of the gestures meant that the young woman didn't feel fear at the contact. She watched him through dark blue eyes as he studied her hand the way she studied a canvas before beginning her work, the strange quiet man was almost like a breath of fresh air for the woman who'd survived so many things in her short time in the world. His quiet voice caused her to blink and pay attention her thoughts having wandered, be careful? i.. she couldn't form the words in her head. The man stating that she hadn't wasted his time caused a brief look of surprise and almost hope over her face. She watched his long fingers release hers, her hand coming up to grasp at the strap of her satchel, I hope good things will come into your future his words that were simple were some of the kindest things she'd heard that day. The smile on his face was met with a small one on hers "It was nice to meet you too mister" she ducked her head in a submissive nod gesture. She bit the tip of her tongue before speaking quickly "Thank you" this sudden meeting and exchange of kindness had brightened her day in a way that words could not properly describe. She smiled properly at him revealing a pair of dimples in her cheeks before she turned and hurried off.

OOC: can time skip to her returning tothe forest to draw again when you're ready if want
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 8:13 pm

OOC: CAN'T CONTOL THE FLUFF. And yeah just right after my post you can start again.

He nodded as she thanked him. The event was over. Seclusion was his home once more. There was no more need of have his heart twitch in his chest. No need to fell his hand tingle in excitement and worry. No need to be... Hoping to see her again.

His fingernails dug their way deeper into his flesh, but no sign of pain registered on his face. Still holding it's pleasant radiance. It had been a while since he actually needed to smile. It felt nice. And the little pockets in her face made the need to express his happiness a little harder to stifle.

But he ignored it, instead trying to bask in this little emotion he could have. But he watched her walk away. And wilt he did. But maybe he would be fine. Maybe he would be fine...
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 8:43 pm

UGH SO MUCH FLUFF THEY'RE SO CUTE UGH BABIES]

Renee had been thinking about the strange man in the woods all week, her distraction and curiosity meaning she'd gotten in trouble more than usual. So it was with a faint limp that she made her way into the forest after completing the groceries, the warm soft leather satchel over her shoulder again. She followed the path she'd made for herself, following the landmarks that were familiar and paused in the clearing looking around. She settled down on the flat rock and took out her sketch pad, she idily continued the careful sketch of the doe, her attention soon focusing and her tongue becoming caught between her teeth as she drew. The sound of the woods filled her ears as she drew, the familiar sound of birds singing, the wind rustling leaves, the familiar earthy smell of the soil after the recent rain, the cleanliness of the world after it had been washed clean.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 8:03 pm

The vampire folded his glasses. A fakery that was unusual and useless. But the simple weight on his nose and ears filled him with an odd calm. Perhaps a way to mask his gaze just a bit more. To hide how his eyes changed. But in the shade it fades to a deep mahogany. A simple and easy maneuver for such is he. But hard to avoid in public.

He bit his lip. He had found himself putting them on far too often this time. Switching on and off. And for what other reason then for practice?

His head released its tension and fell onto the bark behind him.

Useless practice for an event that wouldn't come. Not for another month or so. He knew it in his heart. But this hope,

A skipped heartbeat.

It turned his world inside out. He loved it, but it filled him with frustration all the same. It wasn't fair to bait himself into thinking it would happen again, but he continued to fall into it's addictiveness. Tasting it's sweet nectar before having it stolen from him again. Self-control was a cold truth he didn't really want to listen to. He let a sigh fly through his lips before looking up at the sound of damp leaves under foot. The doe was back again. It's round, watery eyes gazing at him before resuming its search for lush green. He stared back, but when it had lowered it's head, the familiar picture of the girl appeared behind it. He froze, his hand tightening around his elbows.

Yes. It was foolish to return to the same spot at the same time every day after that. But when he gazed at her profile he felt his regret trickle away. And inside he burned with agony. He heard it yelling at him to stop before it got too hard to pull away. But the voice was but a buzz in the back of his head. He blinked, awaiting her gaze to wave back awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 8:15 pm

Renee was adding in the last couple of details, the shine on the animals pelt, the blackness of its nose, she looked up and jumped a little,how was he so quiet? she bit her lip and set down her pencil returning the wave with a gentle motion of her hand. It was surprising that he was here, she felt the curiosity return and she smiled a little at the stranger and her soft voice left her "You again..." there wasn't an angry tone to her voice, nor was there anything but kindness. Her attention momentarialy flicked back to the doe who'd decided to walk closer to the girl smelling the feed that she'd brought, Renee smiled "I know what you want..." she dug into her satchel revealing a small packet of feed that she'd picked out especially and let the creature shove its nose greedily into the rough brown paper bag. "Is this your spot? Sorry if im troubling you sir, this is just my favourite place to draw"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 9:56 pm

She had waved back. Just as nicely as her eyes appeared. Gleaming with a surprise and happiness he couldn't hope to contain. Not now anyway. Not the way things were. He blinked away his little myriad of poems and similes he couldn't understand. All about the girl sitting under the trees, her pencil once again scratching at her paper. But that image was now animated, and focused on him. Bright eyes following his every step.

"You again..." She said, after jumping. But he dismissed her fear with another one of his small smiles.

"I would say the same for you, young lady." He replied, a mischievous quirk to his eyebrow. He wanted to say something about how the forest was perhaps being kind to them, showing both of them to each other, but he couldn't feasibly put together anything that sounded appropriate. And time had passed. Much too long for a response. Not one that sounded natural anyway.

The doe interrupted their conversation exchanged through eye contact, by making it's way towards the nameless girl before him. He could smell the musk of food long before the animal had, but he had been too distracted by her. His glasses remained in his hands, as he hadn't moved to replace them on his face. And his back still remained upon the majesty of an ancient tree. But he instantly stood up when he realized his mistake.

"Is this your spot? Sorry if I'm troubling you, sir. This is just my favourite place to draw." She said rather frantically.

His eyes widened a little in surprise, before he found himself speaking without thinking. "No, no, no. I merely find the forest to be especially nice in these parts." He replied, waving a hand in refusal at her words. But the vampire paused as he realized yet again how self-conscious he seemed and retreated his arm back beside his waist. Then he began again, this time a bit more softer, calmer. "It appears to has graced both of us with the same beauty." He said, eyes crinkling in another smile.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 10:08 pm

Young lady? He was mistaken, she wasn't a lady, her head once again echoed with the barrage of derogatory insults that she'd become accustomed to in her years of growing up in her adoptive family. The thoughts remained hidden behind her kind blue eyes, and she could feel relief soften her features once again. She could feel herself nod in agreement "yes, its relaxing here" that and a whole library of other things she couldn't quite describe with words. She was better at describing with art, her gaze flicked to the doe, quietly admiring the animals beauty, certainly no grace the creature was making a slight pig of itself on the food, its ravenous eating caused her to giggle softly. Like the sound of a stream merrily burbling its way along a stony bed, or the sound of gentle bells tinkling, the giggle was a soft kind sound, she stroked the deer quietly having always had a way with animals even wild ones like the doe.

His gaze, that she could feel on her, was not harsh or mean, it felt kind in a way, petting the doe once again as it finished the tasty food she watched as it stood beside her searching for more, a sign that perhaps she'd fed the animal before. Once it was satisfied that she wasn't being stingy and hiding any more the creature seemed to sigh and began picking at the grass close by, just in case. Now her attention was no longer stolen by the creature, the mans gaze on her caused her own eyes to quietly, shyly almost to flick up to meet his for a couple of seconds. Enough to be respectful but not threatening before they flicked down to watch the doe again, more out of habit than anything else. "I wasn't sure if we'd meet again, My name is Renee" she usually was a good judge of people and he seemed alright, enough so that she didn't mind sharing her name with him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 9:20 pm

OOC: Julian is hard to grasp sometimes. Sorry for the wait.

He felt himself nodding along. Falling under the temptress' beautiful song. Her gentle laugh, a tinkle on the breeze. An unusual delicacy. He felt himself shutter in anticipation. He'd counted how long it had been, and the number had since seemed so big and large like a gaping chasm, but now, it shrinked into a pea sized shape. So simple when sought in hindsight.

He clasped his hands together, playing with the ring on his finger. "It's very relaxing. And it can be for the both of us." He said, beaming with a smile, before realizing the context of his words. "Y-You can come any time you'd like." He added hurriedly. "You wouldn't be a disturbance." He said, wringing his wrists and looking down. A light blush coming to his cheeks before receding as he watched the doe move over the girl. Searching for more pieces of food, and nosing through her bag and clothes. He smiled, a laugh building in his chest, but the girl's gaze turned to him and he solidified himself again. Awkward and lanky. He turned hesitantly, ears pricked for her words.

"Renee..." He thought, wistfully. "It's a very pretty name." He said as he watched the deer graze and move over the ground. "Fit for a very pretty girl." He continued with earnest, as he held out his hand, waiting for hers. "Julian, it is nice to make your acquaintance." He said before gently pressing a kiss to the back of her out reached hand."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 12:51 pm

OOC: all good wasn't a 6 month wait xD

His smile, that was wide and welcoming was a surprise, she found herself constantly surprised that this man was so kind, that he seemed to want to spend time in her company. His words that told her she could come any time she'd like caused slight sadness to spark in her eyes, yet again she could feel the cage she lived in restrict her movement. If she had her way she'd never leave the serene, safe, forest. The addition that she wouldn't be a disturbance was another surprise, another slight boost to her small confidence. "your words are very kind", his compliments caused a shy smile to decorate her face and her gaze to flick away. His kiss to her warm small hand surprised her, her cheeks to darken with a dark pink blush that spread to cover her face like a delicate sunburn. "a-and yours" she stuttered, it glaringly clear she wasn't used to such acts, or kind words as a matter of fact.

Her hand returned to her side, a little occupied with her blush and warm face to realize that his touch had been surprisingly cold like his hand had been stuck in a snow drift for a while. Her thoughts turned to her drawings, could she trust this strangely gallant man enough to show him what was one of her most precious things? She took a step back, enough to be out of arms reach, her reaction times good enough that she trusted herself to get out of the way if something when wrong and he went to hit her. She got enough of that at home, before she slowly pulled her sketch pad out of the brown leather satchel that protected it. She hesitated glancing up at him, reassuring herself that it would be okay, the look on his face, and the body language of his lanky features gave her enough confidence to open the pad revealing the first drawing. It was an expert level pencil crafted drawing of a small bird, she'd captured the curious look in its dark eyes and the textures of the feathers "This is my most precious book, my drawing book" she spoke softly, her words gentle movements of her mouth, letting the words leave as if they were caresses. "Drawing is my favourite thing in the world to do" she added after a couple of moments, she glanced up from the pictures gauging his expression before she closed the book and after a moment of thought offered to him the sketch book that was all but filled with sketches and drawings "Would you like to see?" it was an expression of trust, perhaps not the smartest idea, trusting some man in a forest that you'd met twice,and her situation meant that she shouldn't be too trusting. But her experiences had meant she could read people well, see if they were cruel and mean, or kind and he seemed... gentle so this hesitant gesture of trust and respect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 6:23 am

OOC: It appears you've taken my name advice. Fuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu. XD Rosethorn looks cool.

He looked with upturned eyes and a smile before retracting and bringing his hands to clasp in front of his waist. "And thank you" He replied to her little stutters of hesitance. The warmth in his hand like a sunny day. One that he wouldn't be experiencing anytime soon. He offered another smie before turning to sit on the rock as well when she backed away. He watched quizzedly as she did. What did he do this time? Why was she so afraid of him, yet so glad to see him? He parted his lips as a sour taste came to his mouth, but as she reached in her bag he stopped.

"Don't tell me its some kind of weapon. I already know it will be." He closed his eyes, unable to accept his fate, but it wasn't, and he stared at the leather cover with furrowed brows. He opened his mouth to speak again when she began first, hurridly. He processed her information in silence. Even as she opened the book to flip through a penciled drawing of a bird. He looked up again as she spoke, telling him of her activity and how it was her favoritething to do. Her eyes brightened, but that wariness was still there. His eyelashes lowered as she asked him if he wanted to see.

He pressed his lips together, opening and closing it like a fish, because he was unable to find a good response. But when he noticed panic in her eyes he finally spoke. "W-would that be alright...?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 12:21 pm

OOC: shes a grumpy little midget xD

She watched him and smiled a little at the opening and closing of his mouth "Yes" she told him quietly, she settled back down on the rock preparing herself to watch his expressions as he looked at her art. As the moments passed them by, she found herself relaxing more in the strange mans company, not once had he done anything to try and hurt her or anything else and she found herself trusting him more. A slight smile pushed up her cheeks and she hummed softly thinking of what kind of pictures lay within the covers of her sketch pad. There were some ones of the view from her attic room in the house peeping through the small glass window, there were many of animals in various poses, from a horse showing off in a paddock to the old grumpy cat sitting on a fence glaring at something. There were a fair few of birds, birds seeming to be her favorite thing to draw there were half finished sketches of birds wings stretched out in flight, barn owls that were looking over their shoulders, ravens, hawks and more as well as a couple of pages filled with feathers. she waited until he'd looked through the majority of her drawings before asking "Are they okay?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:49 am

OOC: Sorry, I'm not sure if he's awkward and happy or awkward and dark. Or both.

He'd accepted the book. But it didn't seem gracious when he did. His hands felt like they were too big for this object that fit the young woman's hands. He felt flustered if anything, and guilty for quickly assuming there was such a weapon in her position. He hadn't smelled grease or gunpowder. "And yet..." He chewed his lip, attempting to look thoughtful as he studied the drawings. Yet his thoughts keep zigging back and forth. Now the guilt of not paying attention rose in his throat.

He frowned as he flipped through a few more drawings when she spoke. "Are they okay?"

Julian blinked in surprise before regaining his composure. He was too wrapped up in this "self-consciousness". But he enjoyed her company more than anything. He was too caught up in thinking she felt the same, or so he supposed. The back of his head still told him to keep her at an arms length, but that was an effort in itself. "Indeed. They're...better than okay, really. He said as the details and flowing lines eventually sunk in. He smiled like he couldn't quite help himself. "But do you only draw animals?" Before he paused and shook his head. "I-I mean do you do portraits...or anything?" He began to suck his lower lip in the tension.

"Oh dear..."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 6:08 pm

Renee watched him fiddling with her hands, avoiding his eye contact awaiting his verdict. She did feel safe in the strange mans company, although he seemd to be constantly twitchy. She hadn't missed the way he'd seemed to have expected her to attack her or something, however his praise causing her to blush a little and her smile to return a little. She hadn't ever been able to show someone without fear of having a beating handed down to her so his praise was immeasurable for her. His question caused her beautiful blue eyes to look up at him "I've never had the chance to, Its too risky to draw people especially back home" a hand went to rub a spot on her arm that was hidden by her shirt reminded of the bruise that was there. "I'd like to have a go some day though" she told him with a shy expression on her pretty features
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 8:41 pm

The temptation of chewing on the dead skin of his hands was appealing to his nervous mind. But he refrained, deciding to instead distract himself with chapping lips. Chewing on the dead skin there, the action therefore going a bit more unnoticed. Silence had stretched on between the pair of figures, and it felt as if those mere moments were minutes at a time. The sun burned at his back, hindered only by cloth. The smell of petrichor and the human girl clung to his skin and his nose. His fingers began to ache as he held them at an awkward position around the binding. Careful not to drop it, but he wanted have one hand free to whip out. At...whatever he had to fear. He casually slid it over to clutch at his elbow.

She spoke, her delicate fingers moving to rub her arm as well. Now was he unconsciously mimicking her...? He thought to change position again, but her words brought his eye narrowing to a full stop. They instead widened as he finally turned his whole body to face her. "Risky...?" The usually warm eyes sharpened. "She has her fair share of troubles... One she can simply avoid if she's spirited away..."

But he couldn't take what was not to give. He hardly even knew this women, and this possessive protectiveness was uncharacteristic and even unrealistic. He wasn't quite sure what to do with these whims of his. Perhaps a pleasant meal would suffice. He felt like flinching at his darkening thoughts but merely gently closed the book and awkwardly handed it back with a slight tug of his lips.

"I'd like to have a go some day though."

His eyes crinkled softly. "I don't see why not." He added a small laugh at his lips, and gentle synergies emanating from him. "You are free to do as you'd wish here, Renee." These kind, smooth words. They came from deep in his souls. Perhaps deeper than he had deemed worthily sought. But her name rolled off his tongue, and there was little to ponder but the little woman before him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bird or the Cage   The Bird or the Cage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bird or the Cage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Fantasy Role Play-
Jump to: