The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Exiled to the streets

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 8:43 am

First topic message reminder :

Exiled to the human world after delivering Sofias pet to a psychopath, the only companion hrolf has is his wolf tor. After a few months he meets Jon and lilli, and ends up spemding most of his time with them all the while the enchanted watch continues to count down the time until he is free to return home. With the three of them going through their first winter on the streets it's assured that they'll need to work together and trust one another to survive.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 9:05 pm

Hopefully that would be enough time, she’d have to think up a good way to convince Sofie – and double check that this man was indeed her target. The lack of wings was thoroughly confusing her, and she was well aware of how important her job was so she didn’t want to get it wrong so early. “Hopefully she says yes, I’ll try and convince her.” A quick grin crossed her face at the pun, and the offer of running away to the circus. Walking with him, she watched the train carriages curiously, wanting to know what was in them, but she didn’t ask. She had a feeling that those sorts of questions would be off limits until or if she joined up. “He won’t mind having to teach an utter beginner? He didn’t seem too pleased with me.” It hadn’t really bothered her, she’d been interrupting his practice after all.

Listening, Jon merely nodded at the explanation, not pushing for any information more than what was volunteered. It wasn’t any of his business after all, he’d been curious and wondering if Hrolf would explain, but it had never been something he was determined to find out. Fond of his daughter, he tugged the blanket up higher over the both of them, always trying to keep his daughter as warm and as safe as he could. “I hope things work out for you once you go home then,” he said quietly, watching the last of the embers start to glow quietly, the fire properly dying down now. It was nice and warm in the shack ever since Hrolf had found a door for it, and Jon was forever grateful for that. It was just another way to keep Lilli safe and sound.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 2:59 pm

Watching her quietly Seth continued to wander along, she seemed quite eager and that enthusiasm was actually quite pleasant. Returning the grin easily Sethian nodded "I hope so, you're quite engaging it'd be fun having you as part of the team" not missing the curious glances at the carriage he kept quiet himself, all the better to keep her curious about what was going on here. "Martin? He'd be fine to teach you just grumpy and with high standards so if you don't mind that there'll be no real problems" checking his watch he started guiding them both back to the tent as it was getting late. If he was correct and he had been wrong before, then she'd figure out a way to get Sofia to agree to let her join the circus in order to keep an eye on him, and if she did it'd be most entertaining and all around quite a lot of fun. His life could always use more fun and how Martin worked with her would prove to be most interesting, while looking forward to seeing how she'd tackle all the things in her future he had the feeling she'd be well equipped to do more than just survive out here.

Throwing a thankful look the human's way Hrolf murmured "And the same for you" the idea of bringing them both to his home was something that was pulling at him, it felt like the right thing to do, Jon had saved his life essentially after all. Mulling over those thoughts and quite settled down, Hrolf eventually drifted off into a light sleep that had him twitching awake at every little sound. Awake early he ate some honey and brushed his free hand through his beloved dog's fur, continuing to chew over the idea that was starting to blossom in his mind, noticing Jon when he stirred the faerie didn't say much for a while "Morning" he was quite curious to know how on earth they'd managed to score some free tickets to something that was well out of their price range but perhaps first thing in the morning wouldn't be the best time to talk about it. Deciding he'd ease into it, he stuck to a lighter topic "How'd you sleep?" He wasn't sure if Lilli knew yet that they were going either if she didn't he was quite eager to see the young child's reaction to the exciting news.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 5:54 pm

She did so hope that she’d be able to stay, especially if it was the faerie she was supposed to be looking out for. Making a mental note to extra double check about his wings, she was happy to walk with him back to the tent, tugging her jacket around her shoulders a bit more as the cool breeze blew a bit more. “The circus will be here for another few days, right?” Listening to his response, she grinned. It was perfect timing, and gave her plenty of time to persuade Sofie that it was the way to go. Once back at the tent, the pretty girl bid him farewell, thanking him again, and headed off back to the place she was staying at, where the way back to her mistress was. Stepping through the small portal, she hurried through the palace carefully and ended up in Sofie’s quarters. “Miss Sofia?” As she’d been taught, she stayed in the doorway to Sofie’s office, waiting silently for the all clear to come forward and report to her what she’d been able to find.

Waking later than normal, he offered Hrolf a sleepy smile at the greeting. “Morning.” He yawned and sat up, settling his still asleep daughter more comfortably on his lap. “Fairly well, yourself?” He poked at the fire, for now keeping it lit to help his companion stay warm. It was almost getting too warm to need it, but the blond man was so thin, every bit of warmth helped. “Found the honey?” He’d need to go out and get some more once his shift for the day ended, but luckily it wasn’t all that expensive, and the circus was on that night, so that would give Lilli a welcome distraction from everything that was going on in their life.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 7:28 pm

Giving the girl the dates that the Circus would be leaving, farewelling the young lady and heading back to his own quarters without incident. Sofia was sitting going over some reports while her free fingers drifted up and down her favoured pets neck gently and teasingly the amused look in her eyes fading at the interruption. Recognizing Lori she beckoned the girl in, keeping the hand teasing Sarah in place, "Lori, Come in what do you have to share?" there was a chair in the room opposite her desk that she gestured for the woman to sit down in. Waiting to hear what information there was to be shared, Sofia removed her fingers from Sarah's skin to pull out the correct files "you've found him I trust?" she wouldn't be that impressed if Lori had come all the way back here just to say she hadn't been able to find him.

A warm smile found its way onto his features at the sleepy smile and ruffled bed head, "I'm good thank you, I found the honey alright" licking his fingers clean as he'd had time to devour his breakfast, once they were clean and the jar was clean he slipped them into his dogs thick fur. "I had some questions about the circus tickets, I didn't realize they were just giving them away?" perhaps he was being overly cautious but he was quite aware by now that the world wasn't exactly filled with good people. Doing his best to ignore the warm feeling he got in his chest at the sight of Jon looking so adorable, it was something he'd never felt with his wife or anyone really it wasn't like he'd been out socializing at home. Breaking eye contact to look down at his dog that turned his gold eyes up to look at his master affectionately, he'd have to keep those thoughts and feelings to the minimum he had the chance to return home soon enough and he wasn't entirely sure he'd be able to bring them home with him. The idea had been planted and he was quite seriously considering it, Jon would be useful on the farm and Lilli would make a good heir, it didn't occur to him to separate the pair he just knew that he'd have to make Jon a pet to keep him safe from other marauding faeries.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 9:12 pm

Obediently coming in, a very faint look of longing crossed the girl’s face at what Sarah was receiving before she hid that away. She wanted something like that, something more than just being a tool for her mistress, but she wasn’t arrogant enough to presume that she’d ever get that. Sitting down, she took a breath before reporting quietly. “I believe so. His name is right, but he didn’t seem to have any wings.” She wasn’t sure if she was going to get in trouble for that, and so she was hesitating slightly over her words, scared of pushing Sofie into a bad mood or disappointing her.

Content there where he was, Jon nodded slightly. “That’s good.” He was glad that Hrolf was getting enough honey and food to eat, but he was still unhappy with the weight of his friend. Registering the question, he shrugged a little. “sometimes big companies like the supermarkets do giveaways for people who fulfil criteria or get lucky.” He shrugged slightly. “I got lucky with what I bought I guess, so they gave me the three tickets. It’s not entirely uncommon.” He wasn’t questioning it, he’d checked the tickets at the circus already because of being suspicious, and luckily the field where the circus was had been on the way back from the store.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Sofia quirked an eyebrow at Loris response before shaking her head "Silly girl, Faeries can fold their wings it is common for the fae in the human world to keep their wings consistently folded to make it harder for hunters and poachers to get a hold of them." opening the file she picked out the photograph and handed it to Lori "I received this recently from another agent. A visible description of Sethian. I trust you didn't come back just to claim you weren't sure of your target?" she had purposely kept an element of fear for their relationship, it meant Lori was more careful and worked harder as she didn't want to disappoint her and Sofia had little interest in her as a pet worthy of touch and attention. Sharp eyes studied Lori, very little make up visible on her face and faint wrinkles under eyes from her time over laden with silver, lowering a hand to rake her fingers through Sarah's hair gently spoiling her favourite with touch.

Happily watching Jon, Hrolf did his best to memorize how the human looked in this singular moment. Wanting nothing more than to snuggle in with him, Hrolf quickly made sure he didn't do that, looking down from and breaking eye contact. Listening to the rest of what Jon had to say regarding how he'd gotten his hands on the tickets, Hrolf was relieved to hear that it had been just at random and it wasn't some kind of a poachers trap. Screwing and unscrewing the lid of the honey jar as a way to keep his hands busy, Hrolf glanced up to watch Jon from underneath his lashes not entirely certain why he felt this way so suddenly, ruminating over it all quietly and coming to the conclusion that these feelings as dangerous as they may be had built up over time without him realizing until now when Jon looked positively adorable "Oh well good, Scams are pretty dangerous" oh yes he knew all about the dangers of scams, setting the jar down and doing his best to seem as close to his usual self as possible he petted tor to keep his hands busy.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 10:03 pm

She flushed red and dropped her gaze, not liking being called silly, but knowing far better than to protest her mistress. Still, the explanation reassured her a little, and she took the photo to study it before nodding. “That’s him. He’s part of a circus, he invited me to join it and be in one of the acts.” Her gaze flickered downwards slightly, unable to meet the sharp green eyes, and fell on Sarah instead, still internally jealous of the affection and attention that she got. Sarah was very content sitting at her faerie’s feet and listening while she enjoyed the attention. She knew exactly who Lori was, but she didn’t care. She had no interest in her daughter whatsoever, far more interested in keeping Sofie’s attention focused solely on her. Gathering her composure again, Lori relayed the information that Sethain had given her, resting the photograph back on the desk.

“Mmhm, it should be good fun at least.” Lilli stirred, beginning to wake then, and popped her head out from under the blankets she was nestled under in her father’s lap. “Morning, Lillipilli.” Jon smiled down at her as she yawned, the young girl rubbing her eyes and perking up at the sight of Tor already. “Puppy! Can we play, Daddy?” Letting go of her as she scrambled up, Jon sat back again comfortably. The child happily trotted over to Tor, picking up the ball and trowing it across the room with a squeal of laughter.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 10:50 am

Well, at least the girl had managed to find him, already aware he was part of the Circus her next words caused great interest. "He invited you to join as one of the acts? What an opportunity, you'll need to pack a bag or two Lori since you're running away to join the circus" changing files and pulling out Lori's Sofia wrote a few things down and clicked her pen thoughtfully "Hand me your passport" she'd have to change Loris passport for her to be able to stay in the human world for a long period of time and still be able to come back to the faerie world. Once she had it Sofia added some new stamps and notes to the small book before passing it back with a nod "Of you trot now girl, you've got a lot of work to get done. Good job in getting the invitation to join the circus it'll make your job much easier" appearing pleased with Lori which she was as this was the best option when it came to tracking Sethian.

Watching as Lilli got up and interacted with Tor, Hrolf moved to sit next to Jon so there was more room for the pair to play, that's what he told himself at least. Managing to resist the urge to lean against Jon since he'd accidentally sat very close to the human, the faerie watched Tor not really daring to glance at the simply adorable homeless man. The dog seemed to sense his emotions as it flicked the pair a brief look betraying the intelligence of the faerie animal, the next time the girl tossed the ball now somewhat slobbery he bounced about with it 'accidentally' shoving the two into each other and once satisfied that he'd done a good job returned to his best friend and set the ball down at her feet obediently his large tail wagging and nearly getting singed by the fire. One minute Tor had been playing with the girl, the next he was barreling towards them and before he could do anything Jon had been unceremoniously shoved into him, managing to catch him in time to prevent them both from being pushed over onto the ground, Hrolf threw a dirty look at the suddenly innocent completely average dog begging Lilli to throw the ball again.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 12:02 pm

The girl nodded, handing over her passport when asked and waiting silently as Sofie thought through things. Accepting it back, she absorbed her new orders with a soft sigh of relief. She’d done good, she wasn’t in trouble. “Go back now, or wait a couple of days?” She wanted to double check just to make sure she wasn’t going to fuck anything up, she knew how important her job was. It was all she’d ever been trained to do. Getting her answer, she got to her feet and headed into her tiny quarters in the palace to pack a couple of bags and get herself ready. Getting back to the circus like Sofie had told her, she hesitated, unsure where Sethain would be and not really sure where to find him.

Content to sit for a while and watch his daughter play, he saw the dog coming and guess he’d get barged into, but he had no time to react and found himself pushed into Hrolf. Grinning, he just settled down where he was, not minding the closeness for now. It would help keep Hrolf warm at the very least, for the next few minutes. The slobbery ball went flying again, followed by Lilli’s laughter, and he rested his head back against the wall, reluctant to go, but knowing he had to. Eventually getting to his feet, he ruffled Lilli’s hair. “Be good for Hrolf, I’ll be back later.” The girl pouted, wrapping her arms around his legs not wanting to let him go. “Stay and play, Daddy? Pleeeaaasseeeeee.” He sighed and crouched, giving her a tight hug. “I’ll be back soon,” he promised. “We’ve got a surprise tonight and I have to make sure it’s all working okay so it doesn’t break. Do you think you can be okay with that?” Snuggling into him, she thought about it and finally nodded. “Okay Daddy.” Giggling as her hair was ruffled again, she watched her father go then picked up the ball to throw it for Tor again, loving playing with her best friend.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 1:07 pm

Sofia considered Lori "Go back the day before the Circus is set to leave" The next few days passed rapidly, Seth was busy standing in the main tent looking up at Martin who was helping start to tear things down. The grumpy master of heights was one of his best friends and it was always entertaining to tweak his tail so to speak, eventually, he was told to stop distracting Martin and to make himself useful so Seth ducked out of the tent and spotted a face he'd only seen once before. "Hey there Miss Lori your mother obviously gave you the go-ahead to join us then?" he'd taken the liberty in figuring out where she could stay, everywhere else was full and it'd make Sofia happy if Lori was close to him to keep an eye on him, he reminded himself to make a note to talk to the prince during one of his sporadic visits and ask if this was really necessary. However first things first he needed to take her to the official boss of the circus, with his usual easy smile and twinkling eyes  "Come we'd better talk to the boss before we decide where you'll be resting your head" gesturing for her to follow him, he took her to where the boss of the circus was going through paperwork and walked on in without knocking.

Not showing much emotion as it was easier that way, Hrolf watched Jon bid Lilli farewell, part of him admired the man for being good with his daughter it was a relationship that he'd quite recently accepted he'd never had and so felt like quite the intrusive stranger during moments like this. "I'll meet you there at five Jon" meaning at the circus. Watching the little girl play with the dog that because hers more and more leaving him feeling more disconnected with the world, letting them play for a while more before he got up and took them to the food canteen where he got Lilli some breakfast and something for Tor before they headed out to the park. Finding a seat and some flowers that were starting to bloom he started to work on a crown and a collar, the collar being for Tor and the crown for the girl. Making them a matching pair he called them over and set the crown down on her head and fixed the collar around Tors neck  "There you are, you match" he had a kind look to his face as he spoke to the little girl, very fond of her after all. Eating some flowers to tide him over until their next meal, the dog never seemed to tire of playing with the girl, the shaggy thing consistently bringing his ball back hopefully to drop at her feet.  
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 2:21 pm

Relieved when he showed up, she managed a shy smile for him and nodded. “Yeah, thankfully. I’ll keep in touch with her, cos she’ll miss me a lot.” Picking up her bags again, she followed him, curious about what the boss would be like. “He said it was okay for me to join?” She was still hopeful that it was going to all be okay, especially since Sofie had approved it. It meant that her training wasn’t going to all be in vain. Sticking close to him, she hesitated a little walking into the other man’s office, immediately taking a dislike to him, but she knew far better than to make that clear. It would only jeopardise her mission, so she stayed quiet, unsure what the best way to ask for a job was right now.

Very comfortable with her fairy friend now, Lilli trotted beside him on the way to get breakfast, scoffing it happily and sharing it with Tor. She was very happy to be babysat by Hrolf, not minding at all that her dad was off working. The flower crown made her beam and she inspected it carefully before sitting with a thump. “Teach me? Pwease?” She wanted to make some for her dad and for Tor and for Hrolf too. “Fairy stories?” It was easy to keep the little girl entertained, she adored all Hrolf’s fae stories and playing with the dog, and she was just a naturally happy child to begin with anyway, still blissfully unaware of how broke her father actually was and how much he struggled to give her what she needed and wanted.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 3:31 pm

Sethian nodded "Yeah" well it'd been more he'd suggested it and the boss had agreed to consider it, right now if he needed to he'd throw his weight around as honestly, he preferred the enemy he knew to the one he didn't. Not that Sofia, Lori or Prince Atrel were enemies it was more of knowing who was spying on him if he really thought about it. Picking up on the faint hesitation although deciding not to say anything, the faerie introduced her "Boss this is Lori the girl Martin said showed promise" leaving out the grumpy remarks his friend had made along with that admission, he continued "You recall that we're down a member of his trope" the ginger man sitting behind his desk with aviators hiding his gaze looked up and over towards them. The glasses hiding the fact that he was running his eyes greedily over the girl's body "Alright" he grunted "She'll need a contract then" pulling some paper over his desk and pawing through it with large grubby fingers until he came upon one that'd work, the man signed it and passed it over to Lori a slight smirk twitching onto his features. Not particularly trusting the boss, Sethian read the contract over Lori's shoulder taking great care to find anything that might spell trouble later on, not finding anything he placed a friendly hand on the girl's shoulder and offered her a quiet smile meant to convey that he hadn't found anything troublesome in the contract.

Smiling when she showed interest in making the crowns Hrolf nodded "Alright, but we need some leaves, twigs, and flowers." once she'd brought them to him he went through the process of teaching her very patiently, quite enjoying teaching her all about the Faeries way of creating things out of flowers. Midway through she'd asked for stories and as usual he was quite happy to indulge, only interrupting when it was time to find her some lunch. Finally, it was time for her surprise, with the girl riding on his shoulder and their matching flower crowns resting jauntily upon their heads, Hrolf had ordered Tor to go keep himself busy well aware it was far too risky for the dog to have anything to do with this circus. Humming a song to himself that he'd picked up during his time here, he spoke to the girl "you're taller than me Lilli, keep an eye out for your dad" not particularly minding her hands holding tightly onto his blond hair.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 5:49 pm

She nodded slightly, disliking being under the boss’s gaze, especially with his eyes hidden. It just felt wrong, and she tensed ever so slightly. She took the contract with a shy thank you and read it over carefully. She glanced up at the touch to her shoulder and returned Seth’s smile, grateful that he was looking out for her too. Taking a pen, she signed carefully and handed it back. “Thank you for letting me join.” Listening to whatever else he had to say, she went along with it for now. It was safer to just agree for now, and deal with things until she was more confidant that she wouldn’t be kicked out. Following Seth once they were done, she breathed a sigh of relief once they were outside again, flicking a look at him. “So do I have a place to sleep?”

She was a happy child and chattered away to him as she worked on the flower crown, her tongue sticking out in concentration. She shrieked with laughter as she was swung up onto his shoulder, curling her fingers tightly into his hair to hold on tightly. “No puppy ‘llowed?” There were so many people here, but she narrowed her eyes, searching for her dad. It took a while of wandering the crowds before she bounced on his shoulders. “Daddy! There, there!” She tugged on the blond hair hoping to get to Jon quicker. The man in question heard his daughter’s voice and looked towards them, smiling at the sight. Hrolf was so good with Lilli. Weaving through the crowds, Jon soon met with them and reached for Lilli, who scrambled happily into his arms and hugged him tight. “Made flower crowns, Daddy! Look!” She showed him the flower crowns, and he smiled, propping her on his hip. “You did them all by yourself? You’re so clever. Ready for the surprise then?” As predicted, his daughter beamed, and bounced on his hip painfully, making him wince. He was a bit on the bony side for that to be even remotely comfortable for her doing this, but he said nothing. “Yes yes!”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Thankful when they were outside Sethian stretched and tucked his hands behind his head with a smile, at the question he shrugged "At this stage, you can either bunk with Martini the grump or bunk with me. Doesn't bother me at all to be fair" if he were her he wouldn't be sharing with Martin, the grumpy man was a badger for getting up early to practice. Of course, Seth knew why he was like that but it didn't make it any more enjoyable, that being said Lori didn't know him and for all she knew he could be exactly like the boss man even if she had been able to read a file on him it paid to be cautious for women sadly. Heading back towards his carriage that'd been changed into as close to home as he could, he took a winding path stopping next to the elephants revealing some peanuts in his hands. Feeding them a gentle smile that gentled out the rest of his face the charisma that he was usually full of disappeared. He'd thoughtfully brought enough for all of them and once they were done he dusted his hands and turned to look at Lori waiting for her answer patiently.

"Sorry little flower but not this time, he's going to go hunting for some dinner for himself" not complaining when his hair was tugged and he was egged forwards to Jon which he did. Letting his friend take his daughter, concern clouding his features at the wince that appeared when Lilli bounced on her dads hip. Making a few notes to himself to do tomorrow, he wasn't about to say anything instead he began walking letting the other two follow him his hands in his pockets in clothes that were a few sizes too big for him now. Once they were waiting in line to get inside the large tent something akin to ice froze his spine making him stiffen and look around, there was something here and he wasn't sure what it was. Waving it off and heading inside it was in the middle of the show when a man walked into the ring that caused the folded wings under his clothes to pop out in surprise and Hrolf to grow stiff and almost affixed to his seat. His mood wasn't helped when on the way out a familiar voice sounded from behind him, his knee jerk reaction was the same as ever spin around and lash out with a fist before a prank got him. To his satisfaction, he saw his brother's nose break and blood spurt from it before the pain in his hand told him he'd probably broken a finger doing so.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 10:56 pm

A small grin flickered at the nickname, and she considered the options. “If it's alright with you, I might bunk with you, I think.” She didn’t really want to push her relationship with Martin at this point, and it would be much better for her job to be closer to Seth for the time being. Walking with him along to the elephants, she watched quietly as he fed them, a quiet smile gracing her own face. “They’re lovely, does the baby perform yet, or she’s still behind the scenes?” She was watching the little elephant quietly, finding her very cute.

As he’d thought, Lilli had been entranced by the circus, and he was so glad that she enjoyed the treat. It was something that she thoroughly deserved. By the end of it, she was fast asleep in his arms, and he carried her as they headed outside. It had been a wonderful show, and he was glad he’d been able to secure the tickets to be able to go. Shifting Lilli so that she was leaning fast asleep against his shoulder, he turned curiously when Hrolf spun, quirking an eyebrow at the sight that met his eyes. “Well, I presume you two know each other?” The dry humour he’d developed in his foster home just slipped out without him being able to help himself and he studied the other blond man curiously, noting the similarities between the pair. Likely family at the very least, he supposed, but he waited to see what would happen now.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 6:31 pm

The faerie nodded "of course it is or I wouldn't have offered" watching the quiet smile appear on her face Sethian reached out and took her hand putting a handful of peanuts into it "Offer her some, She was an orphan we found when we went through Asia and thankfully were well equipped to take her on. we held a name the baby elephant competition and had a class of kids pick their favourite name. She's called Marigold" explaining quietly he released Loris hand so she could give the young Asian elephant the peanuts. She'd likely get to know all of the animals that worked in the Circus, despite what Animal Rights activists believed they were proud of their animals and allowed people to come and meet them on special tours. Grinning when an older elephant asked for more, the man reached up and patted her trunk affectionately "Sorry Elphie, no more" waiting for Lori to finish with Marigold who he was quite fond of but Elphie was the one he was the closest with he'd been there when she'd been born such a long time ago now.

"Of course we do, I'm his older brother. Seth Nice to meet you" Offering the rather cute looking human a hand to shake he tilted his head studying the trio closely. It seemed from the worn patched shabby clothing they wore that they were homeless, knowing better than to ask the situation of home Sethian merely decided that he'd leave the Circus for a while and go visit the youngest prince. Fixing his nose not that bothered by the pain and grinning more at the look of pain on Hrolfs face. His brother in question was livid, holding his hand to himself tightly knowing he should probably introduce them but didn't want to give his brother their names in case he decided to pet them, however if he gave Seth their names instead of them then their names wouldn't mean as much and wouldn't have as much control. "This is Jon and Lilli" he was fairly certain Jon was short for Jonathan and Lilli for something else so that was good at least, wanting to just go back to the place that for now was home, flicking Jon a look.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 7:20 pm

She offered the peanuts to the elephants, her smile growing bigger when they took the legumes delicately. “They’re lovely animals, what do you do with them? Marigold’s such a cute name for her.” She offered her empty hand to the baby apologetically, laughing quietly when it was determinedly searched anyway just in case of more food. “You’ve got horses too right? I remember seeing them with the vaulters in the show. They’re all amazing.” She couldn’t wait to get more involved with the circus, there was just something about the place that she was drawn to. She wanted to stay here for as long as she could. She was going to have to write a letter to her mother, she hadn’t been allowed to visit her before being sent back to the circus. Hopefully it wouldn’t be too long before she could again. “The circus travels all around the place?”

A quick smile crossed Jon’s face and he shifted Lilli so that he could hold her more easily with one arm while he shook the other man’s hand. “I should have guessed, that tends to be a typical sibling greeting. It’s nice to meet you too.” Holding his daughter better again, he rested his head on hers quietly. “It was a wonderful show, she really enjoyed it.” It had been such a wonderful treat for her, and he was glad he’d been able to give it to her.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 7:56 pm

Seth nodded "The elephants do all kinds of acts, the horses are over a couple of paddocks we're lucky to have an expert horse trainer who also looks after them. We travel everywhere that's interested in hosting us. We're on a Europe tour after we've finished the states" when she was done with the baby elephant he lead the way back to his carriage and opened the door with a bow "Ladies first" hopping in after her he lead the way down to where the pair of beds were and gestured to hers "There's storage space beneath it and in the cupboards above, back down there is a jug and some cups and tea. I usually keep snack foods there too but we'll go out and find proper food most of the time" gesturing where he meant Sethian smiled slightly "Make yourself at home, after lunch we'll go find Martin and break the news, don't worry if he seems unhappy the grumpy bastard always is" hopefully she wouldn't be too off put by him, wandering down and putting the jug on he leaned against a wall and looked back at her "Any questions?" this was going to be quite enjoyable, watching her work with Martin and learning how she worked, at the very least it seemed he had a new friend.

Seth was quite clearly about to say something else when Tor came barreling up ignoring the people and barking, both faeries looked at the dog studying him in a way that suggested they were very in tune with the animal. Seth was the first one to take a breath and look away "Well I'd better let you guys get back to where you're staying, good to see you little brother" lightly touching his hand to his brothers shoulder who shrugged it off Seth just shrugged and smiled again before leaving, vanishing into the tent. Once his brother was gone, Hrolf still cradling his hand glanced at Jon "We need to get back, somethings wrong" he didn't explain why completely expecting that his friend who was good with Tor would pick up the fact that his barking sounded different. Not rushing as Jon was carrying Lilli, Hrolf just lengthened his strides walking nearly twice as fast, the door that usually opened nicely took a bit of jiggling to open, it seemed someone had done something on the other side, inside the fire had been clumsily stoked and a thin pale boy with dark black bruises appearing all over his face was curled up close to the fire wrapped up in their blankets and a tattered beanie.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 8:10 pm

Listening carefully, Lori nodded and was internally very glad that they were going to Europe. Perhaps they might even get to visit her aunt, but she wasn’t going to bring that up. It would be a little too precarious at this point in time, since Folly’s name might give her away as knowing faeries. Giving him a quick smile when he let her go first and she hopped in, setting her bags down on the bed he indicated was hers. “Thank you.” Hopefully it wouldn’t take too long for her to get settled and beginning to learn what she was going to do. “No questions right now, but I’m sure I’ll think of some.” Her usual cheery grin emerged as she flashed it at him, starting to be drawn out of her cautious shell now that she knew she was going to be allowed to stay here.

Curious about the brothers, Tor’s barking however interrupted them and nearly woke Lilli. Humming soothingly to her, he caught the look between the other two but said nothing, curious about the difference between that and how they’d been acting before. Still, he could tell that Tor’s was upset about something, he knew dogs, and this wasn’t the usual way the big animal acted. So he didn’t question them needing to head home, just making a mental note to tend to Hrolf’s broken finger when they could. Cradling Lilli, he managed to keep up with his companion, and frowned when the door got stuck. They’d made it on purpose so that it was easy to get out just in case something happened. Stepping inside, he blinked at the sight of the boy in their home, tilting his head slightly as he tried to work out what was going on.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 9:54 pm

Returning the grin Seth spoke once more "Very well I have a question to ask of you then" he paused for dramatic effect "Would you like a cup of tea?" he was quite fond of it and found it soothed Martin down during one of his rages. He had a bond with the grumpy old man that for a time had been more than just friends, however now they were once again just friends that Seth had been unhappy about for a long time but by now had long since made his peace with it. Opening the small cupboard he picked out his favourite mug and set it down and within it placed the usual type of tea he had, waiting for the girls reply Seth's thoughts started to wander, it'd been a long time since he'd looked after his brothers farm for him while he'd been in exile and in doing so had become closer with the prince who was in training now to become king. He wondered if this was why Lori was here, it didn't surprise him that Atrel would ask to have someone keep an eye on him after all the prince had spent a good amount of time in the human world and knew how dangerous it was.

The noise of the door seemed to disrupt the boy as all of a sudden he jerked awake, and the first thing Hrolf noticed was the bright vibrant blue of the kids eyes before all hell broke loose. Sitting bolt upright he pushed away from where he'd been lying and wedged himself up into a corner with the blankets clutched in his hands. Clear panic obvious on his features, the blankets slipped down revealing all he had on his torso was a shirt that didn't do much to hide the welts and bruises all over him. Whoever had done this to him had obviously intended for him to die. At the reaction, Hrolf backed out of the room quite quickly not wanting to overwhelm the kid any more asking Tor to come with him, sitting down with the dog next to him the Faerie rubbed his face exhausted and sore.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 12:26 am

Finding a seat, she was a little apprehensive at the idea of his question, but when he said it, she giggled a little. “Yes please, that sounds wonderful.” She liked tea, Folly had always made nice ones for them whenever she and her parents had visited. She was going to have to write her mum a letter soon, it’d been a while since the last time, but she wasn’t going to write until she had more of an idea of where the circus was going next, and if Sofia would agree to passing her letters on to the prince who owned her mother. Shaking those thoughts out of her mind for the moment, she accepted the cup of tea with a quick smile and wrapped her hands around it, sticking her nose into the steam with a soft sigh. She loved the smell of tea. “Thank you. Does the circus move often?”

Startled at the kid’s sharp reaction, Jon softened his opinion greatly, already feeling sorry for the poor boy. Managing to catch Hrolf before he scooted outside, he pushed the sleeping Lilli into his companion’s arms. “Here, take her.” It would be easier without his arms being full to deal with the terrified kid. Poor boy didn’t have a speck of skin on him that looked unbruised, and Jon crouched on the other side of the fire, rearranging it so that it burned with less smoke and gave off more heat. “Hey, it’s alright buddy. We won’t hurt you.” He spoke kindly, drawing on what he remembered from being at Julian’s. The stockman had taken in a few fosters close to when Jon had been of an age to leave, and he remembered one girl in particular had come from a home that had beaten her heavily too. “Do you have a name?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 5:02 pm

Getting out another cup and setting a teabag in it, stirring the tea and dumping the bags after adding the hot water. Passing the cup over to her he nodded at her question "We're in each location for a week, sometimes it takes a few days to drive to get to our next work site" rummaging around for something sugary to eat he ended up with a box of sweet biscuits that he sat down with helping himself to them. Once he'd finished his drink and the biscuits and it seemed Lori was ready the Faerie lead the way to the tent that was about ready to start coming down in a couple of hours. Slipping into the tent and gesturing for her to follow and say close, Seth sat down and watched Martin practice in silence knowing better than to try and distract him. In the air, the man beamed looking almost like he was actually flying as he soared through the air a stark contrast with the man that Lori had met the other day, unable to help but admire the way his friend was so free up there the man leaned back with a sigh.

Hrolf accepted the sleeping girl and cradled her close while letting her father sort out the strange boy in their house, the boy stared at the only one left in the room. Dragging the blankets up over him more to hide the bruises and welts like they were shameful sins, the boy glanced at the fire when it was poked welcoming the heat since he felt so cold. Unsure of what to say he kept quiet taking his time to run over what to do, he didn't really want to give his name as it meant they could give his name to his parent's, while they'd beaten him they hadn't thought he'd have the guts to flee. Scared they'd want him back Connor merely whimpered not unlike a wounded dog and tugged the blankets closer, it hurt to breathe it hurt to do anything he just wanted the pain to stop "Connor" his voice was hoarse almost a whisper clearly gone from crying out in pain during his beating.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 5:47 pm

Listening, she nodded. That was okay timing, not that she could really change things. Finishing off the tea, she set the empty cup on the side near the sink and followed him, slipping into the tent. Spotting Martin who was practising, she sat down and watched silently. She wanted to learn how to do this so much, she couldn’t wait until she could start learning how to do it all. Though she guess that she wouldn’t be learning much while on the road, maybe she was guessing wrong and there were things that they could do. Either way, she was hoping that Martin wasn’t going to be too harsh of a teacher, even though Sofia would be hard pressed to beat in that regards. The faerie who’d trained her was so very strict.

Settling down more comfortably and staying on his side of the fire, Jon offered a comforting smile. “I’m Jon. It’s alright, we’re not gonna hurt you, okay?” Finding another blanket that was folded in the corner, he offered it to Connor. “Here, have the last one. The fire will help warm you up too.” He wasn’t entirely sure what to do with the boy now, but he definitely didn’t want to toss him out, the poor kid wouldn’t survive on the streets alone looking like that, and he could hazard a guess that he’d run from his parents or whoever was supposed to be caring for him. “You wanting to stay the night then?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 6:55 pm

"His one failing he's a grumpy old coot who has little to no patience" Sethian murmured to his new friend however it seemed the man up in the eaves of the tent had picked up his voice. Finishing his routine he clambered down and studied the pair of him through his sharp brown eyes, Martin sighed and headed outside beckoning them to follow him. Outside in the bright light, the male squinted against the bright sun hitting his eyes "So you ended up joining up with us after all? Running away to the circus, and from the look of amusement on Seth's features, you're my new protegee." Sethian followed his friend with a clear look of amusement on his features letting Lori speak to Martin as she was going to have to build some sort of relationship with him and so he was reluctant to speak too much, preferring to let things develop on their own.

Staring at the man who introduced himself as Jon, his comforting smile reassured the boy more than his words, anybody could say words it was harder for people to fake their expressions. Even in his beaten state, he knew people, accepting the extra blanket with a shaking hand and used it to soften the impact of the wall against his back, thankful when staying the night was offered Connor nodded his head still reluctant to say much. Snuggling down with the blankets two black eyes and a busted lip was only some of the wounds on his face, a belt buckle imprint squarely on his left cheek along with a small wound where the pointed part of the buckle had dug into his face. He was so sore the pain was overwhelming, against his better judgment tears glittered in his eyes threatening to overfill, he didn't want to cry the effort it took would hurt since it hurt to breathe and the salt in his tears would surely make his wounds on his face hurt.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 7:31 pm

Lori offered him a quick smile, naturally not one to let grumpy natures get her down. “Yep! Mum gave the go ahead so here I am.” She was hopeful that he’d teach her, but she was also sure that if he didn’t, she’d find someone else who might be willing to teach you. “If you’re willing to teach me.” Flicking a glance at him, she waited for his response, ever hopeful and wanting to learn. She didn’t care that she was going to be awful at it to start with, she would just work as hard as she could to try and make him proud. She’d always been eager to please, always wanting the praise or even just acknowledgement from her mistress that she so rarely got.

Studying the boy, Jon got to his feet and wandered outside to Hrolf, unsure what to do with Connor, but wanting to help him. “He’s gonna stay the night,” he said quietly, sitting down next to his companion. “I’m willing to bet his parents beat him.” Keeping his voice down so that Connor couldn’t overhear them, the man sighed and leaned back on his hands, trying to work out what to do now. It would depend upon Hrolf’s thoughts, but the poor kid was too young to be out on the streets alone. It just didn’t seem right to kick him out after he’d gone through so much already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exiled to the streets    Exiled to the streets  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exiled to the streets
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Faerie Rp-
Jump to: