The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Queen of Thorns

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 12:25 pm

The back story behind Toris parents Vanessa and Elin, and how together they changed the face of the Fae court. Also included is the courting, marriage and life of King Oberon and Queen Titania, and the forbidden love between Agu the pet and Selena the fae palace servant.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 2:31 pm

Last time she'd been at court was a month ago, when her eldest sister had been formally introduced to her husband to be, Lord Elin, it'd been three weeks ago that she'd told her sister about the fact that she loved her pet. having expected her sister who'd always been part mother part sister part friend, instead Delilah had done something Vanessa would have never expected of her sister, she'd told their father who had instantly collected Vanessa and the pet named Mikael, forcing delilah to release the pet, Lord James Jacob Wells had then killed the pet infront of both girls as a warning. He'd punished Vanessa physically, his anger at his daughter from loving something as low as a mere pet had been great, every time she closed her eyes she heard his voice echoing in her ears telling her that what she'd felt for Mikael hadn't been real, it was just a childish infatuation. By the end of that week her sister had died from the wingrot passing through court, out of her five siblings only Vanessa had survived, meaning she was now one of the more desirable women of the court as whomever married her would collect her familys estate and wealth once her parents had passed. The father of the man who was to marry her sister had decided to agree to marry his oldest son to her, dressed in the dress that made her look the best and staying next to her fathers left side where she was supposed to be, she was better at pretending now she'd been put through a rigorous crash course on good behaviour in the two weeks after her sisters passing. Waiting to be officially introduced to her new fiance, she didn't have high hopes, however she tacked a polite if not a little distant smile to her face as the two men walked over. Waiting until they came over and she was introduced before speaking, Vanessa smiled "A pleasure to meet you my lords" she had the correct posture and the correct tone, and she could feel her fathers silent pride in the fact that for once she was indeed behaving perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 3:10 pm

They’d been at court for a few days this time, his father having apparently not been too worried about his son’s fiancée dying, and wasting little time in organising another match within the same family. Quieter than his younger brother, Elin was nevertheless polite as he’d been taught. The wingrot that had spread through court had been such a tragedy, he was glad that none of his family had seemed to catch it. With his mother obediently at her place beside his father’s side, he caught sight of Lord Kari indicating for him to come over. Lord James seemed to be there with his daughter, which was apparently who he was going to be marrying now. Coming over and politely greeting the lord, Elin let his quiet gaze drift over the young woman he and his father were being introduced to. She was different to her sister, younger by a few years he was guessing, but just as polite which was nice. Giving her a slight smile in greeting, he continued to stay quiet as their fathers spoke. Catching his name, he looked at the two men, giving a slight nod at the suggestion to go for a walk in the garden. Aware that there would be plenty of servants around who would be suitable chaperones for them, he offered Vanessa another quiet smile. “Would you care to join me for a walk in the garden, Lady Vanessa?” Offering his arm to her as was polite, he waited until she took it before directing their path outside. A fair bit more relaxed now that he wasn’t around his father, he brushed his free hand over the flowers of the garden as they wandered, enjoying how happy and content they all were. “It’s a pleasure to meet you. My condolences for your family’s loss.” His voice was sincere despite the well taught words, and he flicked a glance at her, hoping that this arranged marriage wouldn’t end out too badly.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 5:32 pm

Listening as the men spoke it was a relief to be offered a walk outside without the suffocating presence of the two lords "That sounds like a wonderful idea Lord Elin" taking his arm and keeping the smile on her face. Letting out a quiet sigh of relief once they reached the gardens she relaxed a little and let some of the tension leave her shoulders, noticing his hand reach out into the garden and brush over the flowers but didn't say anything about it. She didn't know anything about him after all, it'd be foolish to say what she truly thought about it all "Thank you for your kind words, it's been hard especially on father" remembering that he'd told her that it was a pleasure to meet her she lifted her gaze from the flowers to the males face and managed a smile "Its a pleasure to meet you again" unaware that the polite smile wavered and faded when she thought about her family and her father, at least it'd just appear that she was upset over their loss. She was starting to collect secrets, things like what had happened with Mikael, but also more dangerous thoughts like what she'd do if her potential husband mistreated her. She'd not let herself or any potential daughters end up in a dangerous situation, every day she was getting more sick of how she was treated just because her genitalia was different. Out of all the potential suitors that had suddenly become more interested in her now that she was the sole heir of her fathers estate and property on said estate, Lord Elin thankfully had always appeared quiet and almost shy. That didn't mean he wasn't different in private but it was one of the few positives of being forced to marry someone she didn't love, that being said should she believe her father? That she'd never truly loved Mikael it'd just been some teenage infatuation, and that the pet had taken advantage of it, if she believed her father it'd make this entire marriage business easier but her heart wouldn't let her completely believe it. Realizing that she'd let the silence drag, she attempted to pick up a smile and failed so instead she asked the question men seemed to love "Please do Tell me a bit more about yourself Lord Elin" that was another secret, people liked talking about themselves usually and that meant if she asked him to talk about herself she wouldn't need to do much except to ask the occasional question to keep him going.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 6:11 pm

Listening quietly to her as she spoke, he caught sight of her polite smile wavering, but mentioned nothing of it. It would be impolite to probe about her private affairs after all, even though she was his betrothed and he could press her to talk. He didn’t want to come across like his father, and likely like hers, so he stayed quiet, content to just walk and wander through the gardens. He couldn’t help paying most of his attention to the plants and flowers they were going past, though her quiet question jolted him out of his thoughts and made him glance at her again. He really didn’t like small talk, but he knew it was expected of him, so he supposed he would have to answer. Thinking over it carefully, he soon had formulated a suitable response and gave it to her. It was a hard question, and he hated that he still didn’t really have a good answer that he could rattle off so that other noblefae would leave him alone. “I enjoy being outside in the garden, Father allows me to tend ours at home.” He remembered just in time not to shrug, and managed to keep the polite and noble-like air that he’d been taught to have. As the eldest, he knew that he was going to be inheriting at the very least the big manor house from his parents, with his younger brother Colborn inheriting the farmland on the outskirts of the city. Hoping to divert the attention off him, he studied his companion for a few seconds before bouncing the question back at her. “What about you, Lady Vanessa? What do you like doing in your spare time?” Hopefully they could find something of mutual ground that they would be able to have a proper conversation about.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 8:00 pm

He took a few moments to put together an answer, where he told her that he enjoyed being outside in the garden, not expecting the question to be bounced back to her she hesitated visibly before deciding that it'd be better to be honest as at least he'd been honest with her. "I love being outside with the cerns My Lord" keeping herself quite proper she did her best to hide how much they meant to her, it was unfortunately certain that he'd want to take control of the cerns. She was just a woman and the means to an end, at the very least she'd do her best to make sure that they were being well taken care of, she owed it to the gentle beasts, not knowing who her father would be sending with her as a dowry the female faerie was simply putting more and more behind the closed doors in her mind. She hadn't seen Tilly for a couple of weeks, the new princess and her husband having gone away to one of the more distant crown estates for their honeymoon. This had been all the more harder without her best friend to talk to, the last time she'd seen her had been the wedding which had been the same night everything had taken a turn for the worst. Pausing noticing a small plant of her favourite flower, she reached down and gently picked one of the strands of the plant that carried flowers, bluebells were her most favourite although freesia's were the ones that smelt the most divine to her. Perhaps they were both her favourites, straightening and smelling the small flowers quietly she tucked the flower into the book that she'd brought with her and closed it making no apologies for having stopped.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 4:43 pm

Actually listening to her answer, Elin nodded, making a note of that. He was aware that she’d be coming with a few cerns as part of her dowry, so perhaps she’d like to stay being in charge of them, as much as he could let her be, anyway. He was well aware of his father’s outlook on this match, Vanessa was close friends with the new princess, it was an easy way to gain favour in the court without having to play around with favours. Still, he knew that he was going to have to stand up to his father on a number of things, and in reality couldn’t wait until they retired out to the farmhouse that his younger brother would be inheriting. Then he’d be able to treat her properly, and not like a trophy like tradition stated that women were supposed to be treated. Carefully keeping those thoughts hidden to himself, the young lord nodded, waiting patiently as she picked a flower. “Are those you’re your favourite?” If they were, then perhaps he’d grow some in the garden for her, something to make her feel a bit more at home.

The palace was so much bigger than she remembered, but the young golden haired faerie kept her gaze lowered just as she’d been taught. She knew far better than to disobey her father, after all. And they were meeting the crown prince for the first time, she had to be on her best behaviour, otherwise they could be disgraced and that would make her father even more furious with her. Taking a deep breath, Titania forced her shoulders to relax, outwardly showing no sign of the fear and tension that was tangling up all inside her. She wanted to be with her best friend, Nessa, she could always talk to Nessa. She had no idea what to expect from the prince, everyone always called him the ice prince, but in reality if this match worked out she was just really hoping that he’d be less heavy handed than her father was. She knew what her duties would be, be silent and pretty and produce heirs, and she was terrified.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 6:10 pm

Glancing at him quietly when the man inquired to know if they were her favourites "To look at yes, but my preferred smell ones are Freesias my lord" it seemed like he didn't remember that they'd met before. This suited her down to the ground, it would be nice to forget that night had ever happened, it'd started off so nicely by talking to her friend who'd just been married and now was a princess. The After function had been enjoyable enough as most of her thoughts had been on how her and the male pet were going to marry. after all then she'd been the youngest and nobody had really cared what she felt or who she assorted herself with. There was nothing that could be done, as much as she hated it she was to be married off to someone she didn't care about while her best friend and only means of support left was away from court for an indefinite amount of time. In all honestly she was fairly surprised that anyone wanted to marry her, as the only survivor of a string of wing rot that had killed her entire family she would have expected rumors going around that she was cursed or something was wrong with her. Inhaling sharply and pushing away those thoughts she continued to walk with the man who'd been picked out to become her betrothed.

He disliked waiting, it would have been far nicer to be settled in the library with the book that he was part of the way through, however his father wished for him to meet a young lady who had been deemed suitable earlier for his younger brother. The girls father had upped the stakes and so now she was to be seen if she'd be suitable for his bride, when she walked into the room the cold withdrawn man didn't say much. Merely listened as she was introduced to him, taking her hand politely he lifted it to kiss the back of her hand with a soft greeting, as usual all he saw was what she wanted him to see. Reading people and understanding their way of saying things subtly escaped him, if it wasn't tradition for the eldest son to inherit the throne it would be going to his younger brother. Wishing that his mother was there, as she could always make things make sense again, he studied the girl appearing not to feel anything. Feeling his fathers gaze he glanced over at the king "You have chosen well for me father, she will make a suitable bride. You have my thanks, may I excuse myself and the Lady? It would gladden me to show her around her future home" this was the part he was good at, saying the right words when it came to protocol. He'd been trained in them all his life, a good little parrot. When things remained in protocol then he could do well, it was when things deviated from what he knew as safe topics that things went down the drain, ever the cold almost dead inside persona that came out when he was around others kept everyone at arms bay. Once he had his fathers permission he offered her his arm and didn't say anything else, finally out of that stuffy room he made his way towards his favourite place. The library.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 9:47 pm

He offered her a quiet smile when she glanced at him, hoping that she wasn’t going to put on the usual female act and be submissive and afraid. He was aware that for a lot of the time she was going to have to – after all it was what was expected of women in public at the very least. But hopefully she had a bit of an interesting side that he could get to know and treat her properly. “They both are lovely flowers,” he commented, spotting a freesia that wasn’t yet in bloom like the other ones were. Picking it, he encouraged the small flower to bloom before offering it to his betrothed, hoping it would help ease her a little more with him. “We have a bit of a selection of freesias at home, I’m sure you’ll enjoy them there.”

As per her training, she curtsied properly to the crown prince as she was introduced, flicking a glance at him as her hand was taken. Staying quiet, she merely listened as the men talked, her thoughts lingering on her best friend and hoping that it would soon be over. She knew how the process went, it wasn’t the first time her hand had been offered in marriage after all, but her father was intent upon marrying her off to the highest rank faerie that he could. And he couldn’t really get any higher than the crown prince. Feeling relieved when the prince spoke about showing her around, the coldness he continued to show was only deepening her fear of what could happen once they were married – if they were married. She however knew what she was supposed to do, and took his arm when it was offered, walking with him silently wherever he wanted to take her. Her instincts were saying it was a better match than with the younger prince, thankfully. He’d terrified her even more, and she had a feeling that he was going to keep wanting her even if she was married to his older brother.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 1:34 pm

listening as her betrothed stated what she already knew, the well bred lady tugged on the charm bracelet about her wrist. It'd been a gift from her eldest sibling for her 16th birthday, despite everything that'd happened because of her sister, Nessa couldn't bring herself to completely hate her. She'd been more of a mother than a sister to her all her life, looking up in slight surprise jolted out of her thoughts as a small freesia was offered to her, not having expected such a sweet gesture she took the flower with a quiet but genuine small smile. Taking it she smelled it breathing in the familiar fresh smell that was far nicer than any perfume, looking down at it as he commented that there was a selection of them at his home, nessa nodded "That sounds lovely, could you tell me more about my new home to be Lord Elin" keeping a hold of the flower she kept it securely held in a dainty hand. The further they walked away from her father the more confidently she walked, the submissive air melting away revealing more of herself than intended. Still despite the iron that kept her chin lifted and spine straight, the way she held the flower she'd been given indicated that there was something gentler kept hidden from the rest of the world.

Once they reached the library the cold man gave a soft sigh and turned his head to look at her "It seems our parents have decided we shall marry, I don't expect you to love me however being friends is an achievable goal" looking back at the tomes upon tomes of books that stretched out as far as the eye could see. Inhaling the familiar smell of books his shoulders relaxed more a fair bit of the ice he'd shown disappearing, "My Lady Titania do you like to read?" this was his hiding place from the world where he could escape into other worlds, if she at least shared that interest then perhaps things would be okay. He had every intent to treat her properly, he'd been taught well by his mother after all, taking her hand instead of leaving it on his arm he lead her towards the books while waiting to hear what his fiance liked to read.

Over the past couple of months he'd been getting the feeling that someone had been watching him, however he was used to the stares and the comments by now and so as always continued on with his work. Today his back ached, the simple hemp cloth his shirt was made off was stuck to his back, he'd been harshly whipped for not working fast enough, now each movment of his shoulders to use the rake to clean up the leaves that had fallen from the trees. Unable to help the wince of pain as the cloth dragged against the raw weeping flesh he paused in his raking to roll his shoulders and hesitantly reach over to touch it, his fingers firmly unsticking the cloth. He was taller than most at a good 6,4, heavily muscled from decades of hard labor, barefoot as his last pair of shoes had run otu a good sixty years ago, dark brown eyes were set amidst dark brown skin, his teeth were white but he was missing a couple and they were somewhat crooked. His thick black hair was done up in hundreds of small tightly plaited braids that were kept in a low lying pony tail, there was an old scar on his right cheek where he'd been whipped a few times in the face, the collar around his neck was made out of dry grass designed to be uncomfortable, if one looked close enough they'd see that he had a complicated tatttooed collar mostly hidden by the grass one. His fore arms were covered with scars and yet more tattoos, some tribal and others unable to easily be identified, knowing he should get back to work he procrastinated a little, not particularly wanting to work with such an aching back.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 3:28 pm

Happy that she took the flower and seemed to be found of it, he offered her another gentle smile and continued walking with her. He couldn’t help but notice how her submissive air melted away the longer they walked together, and he was pleased about that. It meant that she wasn’t completely broken down like other faerie girls that had been offered to him as eligible for marriage. Pondering her question, he brushed his hands over the flowerbed that they passed, absently encouraging the flowers to grow bigger and stronger. He’d always been more plant based in his powers than his brother, Colborn was much more skilled with the animals that they bred, which was why he was going to be taking over the farm with the faerie hounds and the farm horses to continue their breeding program. “It’s not too fancy,” he finally said. “It’s comfortable, for me in any case. My brother will be inheriting the farmhouse on the outskirts of the city. I hope that you’ll find it comfortable and not too much of a step down from what you’re used to.”

Walking quietly, she stopped also when he did, meeting his gaze very briefly before lowering her eye level to the ground again like she’d been so firmly trained to do. Titania listened to her apparent fiancé speaking, giving a slight nod. “Yes, your highness.” The quiet murmur left her before he asked her the question, and she hesitated. She did like to read, but she’d always been limited on what she’d been allowed to. Pushing those thoughts away, she nodded slightly. “I find it quite enjoyable, your highness, yes.” Visibly hesitating as he moved to hold her hand, she nevertheless didn’t protest it and continued to walk with him, her posture correct as always. She’d been taught rather harshly by her father, and she knew that she had to behave so that he wasn’t regarded with an unfavourable eye by the king.

She was only new as a palace worker, so she’d been put to work as one of the lower ranked ones. It in all honesty didn’t bother her too much despite the heavy workload, working at the palace had been something she’d been aiming for for a long time. Her jobs now were just more stepping stones to a higher and better paid job in her future hopefully. The servant grapevine was always interesting to listen to, of course, and she was highly curious about the black pet that worked in the grounds. The rumour had gone around that he was unfortunate enough to be the younger prince’s pet, and she couldn’t help but pity to poor man. She knew very well what the prince Jacob could be like, after all she’d caught his attention and been favoured as his mistress for a few months before he’d gotten bored and cast her away again. Internally very pleased that she was no longer considered his, she shook the stray thoughts out of her mind and continued to lug the heavy washing outside to hang it on the line. It was much nicer to have something sundried than dried inside, and it was a lovely day so she’d been saddled with the tedious task of hanging up the heavy sheets and linen. Spotting the dark-skinned pet, she watched him curiously between hanging out the heavy bits of wet material, unsure if she had the courage to go over and talk to him. He did look like he was in pain, the poor man, and she continued to hesitate for a moment before continuing with her task, mulling over it.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 4:43 pm

He gave a brief explanation of what her new home would be like, a subtle smirk flicking onto her features, sometimes she just couldn't help the true personality that boiled behind the polite mask. "Forgive me my lord, most places are a step up from home as long as they are dry and free of damp and cold" it was the damp and cold that had bred the wing rot, it was firmly rooted in the dark dank places of that castle. It was why most of their servants were humans not faeries, as humans couldn't contract the deadly disease the preyed on the wings of fae. This year it'd been the worst it'd ever been, even her fathers wings had had to have some cut out giving a slightly more ragged appearance, lifting her hand she tucked the pleasant smelling flower into her hair and continued to walk fiddling with the charm bracelet as they did so. "It sounds nice My lord" looking up from the ground to take in the plants around her, Vanessa couldn't help but think of how her beloved cerns would love the chance to slip in and help themselves to the vibrant plant life around them in them in this garden. Keeping her thoughts to herself, she merely hoped that her husband and father in law would see to it that they had sturdy paddocks made for the beasts or they might find their own garden invaded and precious plants sampled.

For the first time blue eyes gentled properly "I'm glad to hear that, it is also one of my favoured pursuits when i'm not busy." walking with her down to where some of his favourite books were he lifted his spare hand and brushed his fingers over the ancient tomes "You may read anything in this library, consider it a gift" he had difficulties relating to people but he was trying his hardest. Leaving your home and everyone you knew to go live somewhere new and have new expectations and tasks sounded dreadful, heh struggled enough when his father announced that he had new tasks he hadn't done before. It was so nice to have at least one topic in common with the woman that it seemed would become his wife, she appeared to be perfectly taught and trained. Whether she was like the others or not would be made clear in time, this wasn't the first time he'd been introduced to a girl, however he was more than aware his father wanted this particular one to marry him.

Deciding that there wasn't much point keeping a shirt on as it'd be good for the welts to breathe, he reached up and pulled it off to hang it over a tree branch. Breathing a sigh of relief the dark man pulled the thick pony tail of braids around to hang over his shoulder so that they stayed out of the whip wounds. The pain wasn't exactly new, it'd been a long time since he'd been a free man, indeed he didn't really remember much of what it was like to be free anymore. Feeling eyes on him again briefly he glanced about from under his lashes very reluctant to make eye contact with any of the white skins, even the lowest of them was higher than he. Dont draw attention to yourself, was his number one rule, even if others stared, jeered or threw things, he'd smile simply and pretend to be the big burly idiot who couldn't think for himself. Raking was less painful without the shirt on, working in the heat of the day sweat soon clung to him, ignoring his hunger and thirst as best he could, knowing he'd get more whip lashes if he stopped for something like food and water. He got fed in the early morning and late at night, the old mattress he slept on had recently gotten infected with roaches so he'd burnt it along with a large pile of leaves and now just slept on the floor. As ever his ears kept an ear out for any nobles approaching, it wouldn't do for them to see something like him, so he remained quite ready to grab his shirt and vanish into the shrubs.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 5:18 pm

Rather than getting annoyed with the subtle cheeky sentence, Elin merely gave her a quick grin, pleased that she had a spark in her. “Then hopefully you will enjoy yourself.” It would be interesting what cerns came with her, and he was already putting a plan together that would mean his father had as little control of them and her as possible. Reluctantly noticing the time and that they should be getting back, he offered his arm to her with a slight bow of his head. “I’m afraid we should be returning. I’ve enjoyed walking with you, my lady.”

The gentle look in his eyes eased her fears a little, but she still kept up with the mask that was automatic now. She watched as he brushed his fingers over the books, curious about how old they were, but not daring to ask about them. She didn’t know what was accepted here, and she didn’t want to be on the receiving end of another beating by someone much stronger than her. It was bad enough having to endure them from her father. The next sentence he said threw her off guard, and her perfect mask slipped to show some shock before she recovered and tucked it all away again. Even if he was telling the truth, she’d still only be allowed to read what he decided was suitable. It wouldn’t d to get her hopes up and start wishing to read other books. Remembering her manners after a moment, she wet her dry lips and managed a polite response. “Thank you, your highness. You’re too kind.” As always, she wasn’t able to meet his gaze, knowing her lessons too well to try and break through them now.

Looking away as he looked around, Selena continued with her chore, turning the sight of his wounds over in her mind. She’d always been told that she had too soft a heart, but it was common knowledge that the pet belonged to the younger prince, and oh she knew what he could be like when he was angered. Soon finishing and glad that the weather looked like it would be staying clear, she left the washing basket under the lines and headed off for a small while. However she soon returned, unable to leave him so clearly suffering. Thankfully there was no one else around, everyone was occupied with getting the palace ready for the big ball that was happening in a couple of days. Lucky for her, she wasn’t important enough in the servant hierarchy to have been given any jobs relating to that, so she had a few more minutes to herself to see if he’d let her help him. Carrying the small bowl of warm water and a rag she headed towards him, setting the items down on a small stump that was likely going to get removed in the next day or so. “Those cuts look like they need a clean,” she said softly, a gentle sort of tone to her voice. She didn’t particularly want to scare him away, and now that she was closer she could bring a faint memory of spotting him around when she’d been the prince’s, but they’d never interacted.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 8:31 pm

Sighing Vanessa agreed internally that they should head back, closing her eyes for a brief moment she quickly filed everything away so that she was what her father wanted her to be once more. Quietly taking his arm she walked along next to him nodding quietly "And I with you my lord" just before they headed inside she removed the flower she'd been given and very carefully tucked it into the book where it would be safe from her father. The book was a simple one about a garden, her father had approved it for her to read, her grip on it tightened a little as they returned to their fathers. Bowing her head politely she murmured softly "Thank you for the walk my lord" stepping away from him she moved to stand next to her father, it seemed that they'd be married in roughly three weeks, only a few days before her best friend returned from wherever the crown prince had taken her. Keeping her features calm and neutral, she didn't make eye contact with anyone, merely studying one of the walls of the room they were in as if it was the most important thing in the world. Her future had never been for her to decide, her dreams were over and her hopes long gone, she missed him, and every time he came up in her mind the vision of his death and dead corpse returned to the forefront of her mind. How she yearned to be free, kick off her shoes, ditch this dress and go for a ride in breeches and a shirt and ride until all of the pins in her hair had been pulled out by the wind. Preforming a polite curtesy when it was time to leave she didn't look at her soon to be husband or his father, just murmuring a polite farewell before following her father feeling strangely broken.

Managing to decipher the look on her face as shock he was internally pleased he'd managed to figure it out, however soon enough the look was back on her face that hid everything from him. "Maybe we'll find we enjoy similar books?" looking away from her and back up at the ancient tomes, he took a breath and a risk "When we're alone, you can call me Oberon, the formalities of court in personal life is tiresome." still holding her hand he walked along with her, his deep blue eyes searching the titles for something, finding the correct book he paused and carefully pulled it free. "Try this one?" it was a safe enough topic, the book held information to do with the beach as that was where he fully intended to go for his honeymoon no matter whom he married. It was the most peaceful and most removed from court life, there the customs and formalities of said life always seemed to fall away revealing whatever was left inside.

The voice drew him out of his thoughts as he worked, wariness flickering before a simple smile stretched out over his features. Pale skins weren't to be trusted and neither were faeries, especially when they happened to be both, they'd never done anything to encourage trust and warm relations. Suspecting it was a trick the man continued his simpleton act, it was safer this way, swallowing he kept a hold of his rake "Are you talking to me mam?" brown eyes didn't spend long looking at her, they got angry if you did, even more so if they were a woman. "I beg your forgiveness mam but i have to keep working, my masters orders mam" preforming a low bow that painted the picture of submission and humility that they liked to be shown he continued raking.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 9:12 pm

Ending up next to his father again, Elin continued to watch his future wife quietly, listening to the conversation between the two older men with internal eye rolls. He really couldn’t wait until his parents retired to the farm and he could finally run the house as he wanted, and not as his father wanted. Agreeing quietly with the proposed wedding date, he bid the visitors farewell and gave a soft sigh before getting back to what he’d been doing before they’d arrived, his thoughts lingering over the idea of growing flowers for her.
The few weeks went quickly and soon it was their wedding day. He hadn’t really paid much attention to all the details, and if he was being honest the whole day passed in a bit of a blur. Finally however it was over, and he offered his hand to Lady Vanessa, helping her into the carriage that would take them to his home, and now hers. Stepping in after her, he sat with a sigh, quiet for a while before speaking. “You look lovely.” It was quiet, he wasn’t sure if she wanted to be left alone with her thoughts or not, so it was only a gentle offer of conversation I she wanted to bring it up, and he truly didn’t mind if she didn’t.

She lowered her gaze again at the look and the question, murmuring a suitable response out of habit. She wasn’t entirely sure what would be expected from her if they got married, and she was wishing she could speak with her best friend. Nessa always knew how to help her work things out and the best way to appease her father after she’d managed yet again to anger him somehow. Very unsure how to respond to his request about calling him by his name, she was thankfully saved from answering when he passed her a book. Taking it, she read the title and nodded, giving a slight smile. It looked like her father would approve of it, and if not then she would just politely refuse. “Thank you, it looks like it will be a good read.” Freeing her hand from his for a moment, she flicked through the book, already wanting to find a nice spot in the sun and read it. However, she knew that she had to suppress that, so she closed the book again, holding it safely and waiting patiently to take her cues from the crown prince that she was with.

Staying where she was, Selena continued to watch him, understanding his reluctance. The prince was a harsh master, and she did feel sorry for him. It was strange to be bowed to, usually she was the one curtsying and keeping out of the way. “Perhaps when you are done then,” she said simply, slipping off the stump and leaving the bowl and the rag there. “There is an area under the weeping willow in the corner that’s hidden from view. I’ll see you there tonight just after sundown.” Reluctant to force him, she nevertheless didn’t really give him a choice about the meeting. Deciding that for now it was better to retreat and leave him be, she left him there and got back to her chores, returning with the second load of sheets that needed to be hung out to dry.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 9:35 pm

It was like she'd been a ghost watching her body in third person view all day, the day having gone painfully slow with each moment well aware of her father watching her. Feeling more and more trapped like a bird in a cage she'd toed the line and behaved perfectly, finally it was over and she could go home, a pang in her gut making her feel queasy about what here home was now and what would expected to occur tonight. The feelings were overwhelming and dampened the spark that usually kept her chin high, it was dark when they left the buildings to walk to the waiting carriages. Pausing briefly to look up at the cold stars in the sky, questions only filled her mind, what ifs, maybes, perhapses, realizing her husband was offering her a hand up into the carriage she took it with a nod of thanks and sat down. Taking a deep breath as she felt him sit down next to her she glanced at him when he complimented her, feeling too broken right now to try to say anything smart or defiant Vanessa murmured quietly "Thank you, My Lord. You also looked very well today" why did she still remember the pet if he'd just been a teenage infatuation? Wishing she could let go so there was a tiny chance she could be happy, the woman resisted the urge to hug herself and made herself feel thankful that at least Elin seemed to be the quiet time, after all he hadn't gotten angry at her back in the garden a few weeks ago. Why did it ache in her chest, this feeling of being utterly alone, never had she felt so isolated and defeated, craving the chance to hug Tilly who was all she had left and take comfort there was nothing she could do and thus did the only thing she could do which was chew the inside of her lip.

Just nodding he moved to pick a book he'd been considering re-reading before leading her back to where his favourite place was to read, settling down on a chair infront of the fire he murmured "Pick a comfortable spot to read if you'd like" taking a breath he pulled his long legs up underneath himself and leaned into the soft fabric of the chair opening the book. Settled there he waited patiently for the lady to find somewhere to sit, if only one thing at least she liked books, they were one of his passions after all. They transported him away to a world where everything was carefully laid out for him to understand, thoughts and feelings written in a way that made sense instead of having to puzzle them out on peoples faces. Mother had liked to read, she'd taught him how to, missing her greatly he didn't really get to talk to anyone about her, Father wasn't interested and neithe rwas his younger brother jacob.

The pale female insisted subtly, suggesting perhaps after his work, then went on to add that there was a place well hidden underneath a willow tree where she wanted to meet her after sundown. It was strange why on earth would a pale faerie want to risk her own status amongst the other servants if she was seen fraternizing with him, they were some of the cruelest ones after all. Continuing to work he returned the rake to its home and after finding some of the rough plain bread he was given to eat, he warily wandered towards the willow, turning up earlier so he could scout out for any potential traps, finding nothing the man pulled himself up to sit on a low lying bough awaiting the stranger.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Respecting that she didn’t seem to want to talk, Elin stayed silent for the rest of the trip, getting out when the carriage finally stopped and offering his new wife a hand to help her down. Not letting go, he squeezed it gently, trying to offer some sort of comfort before he released her, leading the way inside. He was tired, and he wanted nothing more than to just go to bed and sleep, but he knew that he couldn’t just leave her hanging in a new place. So he glanced at her to make sure that she was still alright and offered her a small smile. “Your cerns will be arriving tomorrow morning. I expect you’ll want to check on them when they do?” He’d garnered that the cerns were important to her, and it felt like it would make a suitable ice breaker. Pushing open the bedroom door, he stepped to the side to allow her through first and then followed her, closing it behind them. He’d made sure that a vase of freesias and bluebells was on the dresser for her, trying to make her feel a little bit more at home.

Following him obediently, Tilly found her thoughts drifting to her friend again, hoping that she was alright. Nessa was lucky, she was the youngest and so there was less pressure on her to fill the family’s expectations. Pausing at the softly spoken words, she surveyed the seats available before choosing the one nearest to the window, taking the chance that it would be allowed for her to sit there. It hadn’t seemed like he had any forbidden chairs, but it was still good to be careful. Sitting properly as she’d been taught, the young pretty faerie opened the book and was soon deep into it, relishing in the chance to escape from this arranged marriage and her controlling father.

She’d finished her jobs later than she’d expected, but she was out under the willow tree fairly soon after sundown, a fresh bowl of warm water and a rag in her hands again. Guessing that he’d be wary and expecting a trick, she greeted him when she saw him with a quiet hello, moving to find a place where they couldn’t be seen easily to set the bowl and rag down. “Will you come down?” She looked up at him, studying him carefully. He was such a big man, he could easily overpower her if he really wanted to, yet something in her said that he wouldn’t, that he wasn’t cruel like the other men she’d known were.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 10:12 pm

Time dragged so slowly as it had all day, each moment seeming like minutes or hours, eventually the carriage rolled to a halt and her lord husband opened the door and exited the carriage before offering her his hand. Taking it and joining him on the ground, she glanced at him when he squeezed her hand, not expecting the small somehow comforting smile the words that were murmured next were just as much of a surprise. "Yes, I would very much like to do so, I'm unsure what ones father would have sent" taking in the house's interior as they quietly made their way to where she could only assume where the bedroom was Vanessa glanced at him again when he stepped to the side to allow her in first. Managing to find some small spark left she lifted her chin a little defensively before walking into the room with all she could muster, she wouldn't let some man know what was happening on the inside. Her attention was quickly drawn to the pleasant smelling and familiar flowers in a vase, looking over at them, the newlywed walked over to the vase taking comfort in their fragrance however small.

Loosing track of the time once they were in their books reading it wasn't until a servant came to him mentioning his father that he thought to check the time. Blinking in surprise as somehow a couple of hours had gone by, the man rose and walked over to Titania "My lady, we should return to our fathers, you may take the book with you if that would please you" for now features weren't as cold as they had been in the presence of their peers. Eyes that were a deeper blue than the sea were gentler, a slight smile to his lips, pleased that it seemed his future wife was into books like he was, it was a relief to the male for sure.

She showed up ontime with a bowl of water and a rag again, nodding at the hello he considered the request before slipping down out of the tree. She didn't seem afraid, nor did upon closer inspection she seem to have any intention to hurt him, of course you oculd never completely trust what was on a faeries face. Inching closer he dipped a finger in the bowl and tasted it, satisfied that it was just water the powerful male sat down allowing her acess to the wounds the spread all over hsi back. It didn't take a genius to see that the wounds were upon layer upon layer of scar tissue, the light within they were hidden was quickly fading away so after a few moments he pulled the lighter out of his pocket and offered it to her to use as a light knowing the willows thick branches would hide them.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 10:32 pm

Watching her, Elin didn’t press her into doing anything, very unwilling to force the young faerie into anything she didn’t want to do. Pleased that she’d noticed the flowers, a quiet smile crossed his gentle features, and he let his shoulders relax a little, showing a bit of how tired he was. “I believe seven cerns were sent, two males and three females with two fawns.” Crossing the room, he pushed open the curtains so that they could see the night sky and leaned on the sill for a moment, thinking about how to formulate his next words so that they didn’t sound like something he’d been taught to say. “I don’t wish to force you in any way while we’re married,” he finally said quietly, his gaze lowering to study the ring that he now wore as a match with hers. “And that includes sleeping with you. I leave that decision entirely up to you.”

She’d kept a partial eye on the time, but she knew better than to raise it. It had been drilled into her over and over that she had to take her cues from the males in her life, and especially her husband. So she’d simply stayed very aware of him, ensuring that if he didn’t make a move or did something that she would be needed to respond to, she’d be aware of it and not be taken by surprise. Closing the book as he stood up and came over to her, she also stood, about the offer the book back to him when he mentioned that she could borrow it. A tiny smile crossed the girl’s face and she dipped a tiny curtsey to him. “Thank you, your highness.” It hadn’t escaped her that the servant was still hanging around, and she couldn’t take the risk that rumours would spread about her, not when her father was so intent upon marrying her to the crown prince. It was far better to stick to her lessons and be perfectly behaved.

Waiting patiently, she let him realise that she wasn’t intending to trick him, indeed the thought had never even crossed her mind. Once he seemed confident that she wasn’t a threat, she began gently cleaning the wounds, staying silent at the sight. Hopefully her tending of them would help them heal a bit more cleanly, but it was obvious that it wasn’t the first, nor would it be the last time the poor pet had been whipped. Setting the bowl down on the grass as it got darker, she accepted the lighter with a slight nod. “Thank you,” she murmured, finishing her task by the light that it gave off. Scooting backwards when she was done, she offered the light back to him, wringing out the rag and tossing the now cool water onto the willow tree’s roots. “I’m afraid I can’t do much more than that. I’m sorry.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 11:13 pm

Looking up from the flowers, the faerie turned a little to watch her new husband, preparing herself for what undoubtedly would be happening next. However instead Elin mentioned that the cerns being sent were two males, three females and two fawns, that narrowed things down quite drastically. Hoping that at least two of them would be her favourites, Nessa didn't comment when the curtains were opened, inhaling sharply and pushing the brokeness and hurt away as they weren't helping things the woman was about to speak when her husband spoke once more. Listening and deciding that his words were heartfelt, she crossed the room to stand next to him and lean against the windowsill "All i can say is thank you, Elin. You have been kind to me, far beyond what i expected from a male in our time period. You may call me Nessa if you wish" with regards to consummating the marriage she decided that itd be easier to get it out of the way now and shut up Elins father. Besides if they left it she was certain it'd be harder and harder to bridge that gap further down the track, watching the cold unforgiving stars for a few moments the feisty female conjured a chest in her mind and shoved everything not helpful in it. The pet, her sister, her father, her past, all went in, the mental chest was locked and wrapped in iron chains before being sunk to the deepest recesses of her mind. Feeling more secure in herself she spoke "I think, it'd be easiest if we do it tonight, it'd get it out of the way" the words were murmured softly but with conviction, although it was nearly impossible to watch him while waiting for his words in response so her eyes remained focused on the stars.

Giving a slight bow in return he offered his arm and walked back towards where their parents were waiting, quickly growing cold and distant again everything hidden far below the surface. Once they had returned he gave a brief nod to his father and bid the two visitors farewell, it was a couple of weeks later, or maybe longer he'd lost track before a servant brought him the news that he had a visitor waiting for him. Reluctantly getting up from where he'd sat in the sun, tucking his book under his arm and heading up to the rooms where he'd been told they were, opening the door it was a pleasant surprise to see Lady Titania waiting for him. Evidently her father had gotten jumpy about the king replacing her with someone else and so had opted to bring her here again in order to get the prince more interested in her. "My Lady Titania it's a pleasure to see you again" greeting her politely , he took her hand and kissed the back of it as was polite, "How was that book i loaned you?" perhaps this time they should read elsewhere, like in the gardens, deciding he liked that idea first he did the polite thing and waited for the gold haired beauty to reply.

Quite shocked when he was thanked, the human looked at her over his shoulder briefly, evidently she'd never had a slave before. Opting to keep his mouth shut he held still, not reacting to the pain that flared from his back when the cloth touched him, listening to the sound of her moving backwards he looked at her again over his shoulders completely confused as to why a pale skin would want to help him much less apologize over it, "Thank you mam" speaking quietly and genuinely for the first time in years, taking his lighter back he remained seated very amazed by whoever this is. He knew it meant he owed her now, and that owing a faerie was dangerous, which could have been the entire reason why she'd come to tend to him in the first place, still...
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 11:38 pm

He looked at her as she came to join him at the window, giving her another of his gentle smiles. “As you wish.” He gave a slight nod, turning his gaze up to the stars also as she spoke further, putting forward her view on consummating the marriage. He was aware that his father would want it done tonight, but forcing her was completely out of his idea of starting at least a tolerable marriage, which was why he’d left the decision in her hands. “It’s completely up to you, Nessa,” he answered softly, glancing at her and taking her hand to hold. She’d been uprooted and moved so suddenly, he couldn’t quite help but compare her to repotting his beloved flowers. She’d need time to settle in and spread her roots to flourish, or so he hoped. He was aiming to have her at least a little happy living with him. “Whenever you’re ready. I can stave off Father for as long as you need.”

He didn’t seem to be too bad for a prince and a male, but she firmly kept her opinions to herself. After all what she thought didn’t matter, everything was up to her father especially now that her mother had passed away and could no longer be a bit of a buffer. Returning home with her father, he seemed pleased that the king and the crown prince were happy with the match, though that didn’t stop him continuing to discipline her when he thought she needed it. Somewhat thankful when her father decided that they should meet again, she was left in the room by a servant and closed her eyes as she sat, forcing back the lingering pain and the fear, shoving it all into a box. She still hadn’t been able to talk with Nessa and she was so very much yearning to, but this match was obviously far more important, and so her wants were thoroughly ignored as usual. Standing as the door opened, she dropped into the correct curtsey to the prince, dipping her head a little as well. “Good afternoon, your highness. It’s a pleasure to be here again.” Straightening as he took her hand, she kept her gaze slightly lowered as expected, forced her shoulders to relax. “I’m enjoying it very much, your highness. Thank you for lending it to me.”

She hadn’t quite been expecting to be thanked, and a quick smile flitted over her face as she got to her feet, brushing bits of dirt and leaves off her skirt. “Nothing to thank me for,” she informed him. She was only being compassionate and helping him out. “Don’t get into trouble on my account, will you?” For some reason a little anxious that he might get in trouble with the prince, the worry showed on her face. She hadn’t quite learned the knack of concealing what she was thinking yet, so she was kept away from the nobles who could use that while she did learn.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 2:33 pm

Taking the hand when the warm fingers fastened around hers, Vanessa looked at him quietly, things were a little easier now she'd managed to lock everything away. Showing no hesitation as that was also locked away the woman kissed her husbands cheek, "Before I run out of nerve" besides if she put it off now how long would it take for the iron resolve that had asked her to go and stand next to him at the window. If they got it over and done with tonight it'd reduce any fear of the unknown when it came towards it and at the very least it'd keep her new father-in-law happy, she just had to coexist until the old buzzard buggered off and left them the house. Her own father would be indeed furious if she didn't consummate the marriage tonight and she was smart enough to know when to play along and when to kick up a stink, it'd be around the cerns that she'd put her foot down. Putting on a slight smile she added "It's alright, we're taught about this" once the cerns had arrived she'd go see them and help them settle down in their new home and give them a good brush.

Listening as the perfect and rather bland greeting rolled over her tongue he kept his thoughts hidden, what was the point of all of the bland social greetings that were usually blatant lies. Nobody was every happy to see him and he highly doubted she thought it was a pleasure to be here in the cold princes presence again, perhaps he was a fool to hope that they might end up being friends. Not arguing when she said she was enjoying it as he had no way of knowing she was telling him the truth or not, the resigned man returned with her to the library to pick up his book "It's a nice day so I'm going to read in the garden, you are welcome to pick out a book or two and join me" turning away a little to watch the world out the window while he waited, the silver circlet he wore on his well groomed hair ended up being taken off and fiddled with. Feeling rather isolated from the world, part of him wanted to run from all of this, but if he did that his brother would take the throne and destroy the kingdom, still all he wanted was to be somewhere quiet where he could let go of the cold outer self that had been created to deal with th epressure his father put on him. To let his hair grow out into its curly mop and curl up in the sun to read for days without being pulled out of the fictional world that held so much more promise and safety than the one he lived in. Once books had been picked he offered his arm like he'd been taught and headed for the quietest spot in the gardens, sitting down he flicked open the book and got stuck in.

Surprised when he was told that he had nothing to thank her for, the burly man was quiet for a few moments digesting her next set of words. Watching her over her shoulder the look of clear and genuine concern on her face was well amazing, standing he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small wood carving he'd been working on. Offering the painted wolf to the shorter faerie he spoke softly and surprisingly gently to her "Here, this is for you, to thank you" feeling like she might try to take it back he added "To thank you for being kind to me and cleaning the welts, no pale face has helped me before, let alone a silk-wing" he still held onto the names he'd given the faeries and their pale skin such a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 9:03 pm

He nodded slightly, linking his fingers with hers when she took his hand. “Since you’re sure.” Keeping hold of her hand, he lifted his other to gently tuck a few stray strands of hair behind her ear. She was right, they both knew what was supposed to happen, but it was still a little frightening. At least she was no longer at the mercy of her father, it was all down to him how she was disciplined, and he wasn’t going to be doing much of that if he was honest. Keeping himself gentle and making very sure that he wasn’t rushing her, they somehow got through the night, and he woke at his normal time with his arms wrapping gently around her. Staying where he was for a while, unwilling to wake her, he pondered everything that had happened and how fast it’d been. Hopefully she wasn’t going to be feeling to overwhelmed. At least her precious cerns would be arriving today, and they’d be able to lay the groundwork of how he wanted their relationship to be, he was hoping that it would help her, anyway.

Watching him, her expression brightened a little at the mention of reading in the sun. She enjoyed reading in the sun, and she nodded. “That would be lovely, thank you.” Unsure if she’d be allowed to choose her own book, he paused for a moment before realising that he wasn’t going to direct her towards one. Still deciding to stay on the safe side, she picked out a book that she knew would be approved anyway and then took the prince’s arm when he offered it. It was nice to be able to walk outside and not be in danger of her father yelling at her, and she found a place in the sun to sit while she opened the book to read, not minding the silence between them. It was almost a comfortable silence, not ones like usual where she was always acutely aware of what her male companion was doing. Settling down comfortably, she allowed herself to relax a little and not be so focused on behaving. The prince seemed to be approving of her as a wife after all, so surely it wouldn’t harm things to let her rigid façade slip a little so that she could relax.

Surprised at the figure that she was given, Selena stared at it, curling her fingers over it before looking up at him in shock. “Are-are you sure? It’s lovely.” She couldn’t quite understand why he was giving it to her, she’d just been her normal self and helped him because he was in so much pain. Surely he’d want to keep it for himself, wouldn’t he? A part of her registered what he called her, and though she wasn’t quite a fan of being called a pale face, there was something almost sweet about being called a silkwing, and she stored that name away for later. Taking note of the time, she got to her feet, clutching the bowl and rag to her as she hid the figure so that the other servants couldn’t steal it. “I’ll try and come back in a couple of days to see if your back is healing ok, if that’s alright with you.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 10:08 pm

She slept not without dreams, things that had happened in the past month all too fast for her to really get over, the mental chest in chains she'd conjured had a fatal flaw in that at night they opened and let things slip out. Awaking suddenly, blue eyes snapped open and took a few moments to adjust, this wasn't her bed and somebody was holding her close, remaining still out of sheer will memories started to return. This was her bed now and the person holding her was her husband, she'd never paid much attention to the servants when it came down to what happened on ones wedding night as he'd told her all about it, the proper truth not some over the top exaggeration. Hoping he hadn't noticed her wake up yet as honestly she didn't want to talk, Vanessa mentally reached for her stubbornness that had gotten her through the night before and prepared herself for the archaic ritual of eating breakfast with your new in-laws, at the very least she was well prepared as she was the first to admit that her father was fairly archaic. When the young faerie felt ready, the day began "Good Morning" staying there as the thought of finding clothes and dealing with her new family felt entirely too overwhelming right now. So allowing herself a few more moments of repose the stubborn will power pushed her up out of the bed and over to the trunk of her items, finding something that'd do for breakfast she pulled it on and did her long thick hair back in a bun, adding a flower from the vase to the hair style to soften it some.

Breakfast went achingly slow, managing to get away with saying the bare minimum and alot of fake but plausible smiling. After wards she returned to her room to collect her book she'd read cover to cover and fled out into the garden soon finding a place where she could sit and read. What was wrong with her, she should be bowing down kissing the earth that it seemed her new husband was just as good and gentle as he'd claimed to be, and yet most of what she felt was a whole lot of emptiness, alone and a kind of aching numbness. Tilly was essentially cut out of her life it felt thanks to her father and Titanias father, gritting her teeth against the feeling trying to return it to the chest that it'd some how escaped from time continued to go slowly. In an effort to exert some sort of control she pinched herself harshly before listening and picking out five different sights, smells and things she could hear. It mostly worked for by the time the cerns arrived she appeared 'normal' through a mixture of luck, extreme snooping and using the wings she'd been blessed with, Vanessa watched them being tied up, thankful that her father had sent some servants who obviously knew what they were doing as they made sure the males were in the same paddock and the females in their own paddock. Relief flooded the woman when she recognized each beast, in particular the big female who had a fawn at foot, that was the one she'd raised from a fawn itself and had a special connection with, wanting to do nothing more than to hug the intelligent creature and let herself be weak enough to cry for a while another sly pinch sorted those thoughts out. She would not be crying or displaying any signs of weakness.

Once his fiancee seemed comfortable enough out there in the sun with him Oberon tried once more "Did you enjoy the other book? The one I lent you last time about the beach?" This was all so very hard, and already he was growing tired of trying, there was no point, Mother wouldn't be pleased with him if he didn't try to make the girl feel comfortable with him though. He remembered all of the lessons she'd taught him and how one should treat a lady regardless of what the rest of the faerie world thought, but all he'd got so far had just been automated responses as if the woman was a robot not fae. She's likely going to be scared out of her wits son, many fae fathers are harsh to their daughters these days, be gentle the memory of his mothers warm voice and words melted some of his own facade enough for him to have courage to keep trying. What else did people like to talk about, mostly themselves but it didn't seem that'd get very far, pets both animal and human and friends. That was surely a safe topic however he didn't want to flood the girl with questions and so would wait until she'd commented on the ones he'd already asked. Perhaps he could mention the wedding and smooth any fears that might be held there, he'd already gone over the whole thing with his own father and it was decidedly dull, he planned to hide a couple of books in the carriage that they'd be riding in to the palace by the sea which was where he'd picked to be his honey moon place.

Admittedly he didn't understand her reaction, she seemed surprised that he wnated to pay back a debt so soon, or something like that. After all this time he was quite confident that he knew pale faces fairly well, she'd twitched a little at that term but had softened again when he'd mentioned silk wings, typical. He watched without moving as she picked up the rag and bowl and hid the carving so that the others couldn't steal it, he had nothing shiny to offer so the carving would just have to do. Ah he was such an insufferable fool, he should have been pretending to be simple the entire time, however the kindness that he'd been shown wasn't something he'd had in thousands of years, it wasn't something he could have just acted through. Mutely nodding when she asked to check on the wounds he didn't add the thought that popped into his head I'll have new ones by then still his greatest pleasure was that his master couldn't reach up to hit his face, he'd have to use his wings for that and look positively ridiculous. Letting her go he got up and left a few moments after, it wasn't until about a week later that he met her again as his master had kept him so busy he had barely slept let alone had time or the energy to go to the weeping willow. It was summer and so he was shirtless again, it got too hot working otherwise and the sly part of him wanted to irk whoever might see him, the wounds on his back were doing averagely, he'd still earnt himself a good ten to fifteen stripes over the past week but that was a small amount. Flicking on the lighter as he sat, it was about nine or so, he worked longer hours in summer, turning it on and off he leant his side against the trunk as he wasn't stupid enough to lean his scabbed back and fresher welts against the hard gnarled bark of the ancient tree. Wondering if it was older than even he who felt older than most faeries he ran his fingers over the brown wood absently.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 2:55 pm

Pulling away from the book when he spoke, Tilly flicked her gaze up to glance at him for a moment before looking down. He was making more of an effort than what she’d thought he’d make, especially being the crown prince, and he was already much nicer than the other noblefae that she’d been offered to as a wife. Deciding that perhaps it wouldn’t hurt to also make a bit of an effort, she closed the book, leaving her finger at the page so that she didn’t lose her spot. “Yes, I did. Thank you. It was a lovely read, would you mind if I borrowed it for a while longer?” Her expression grew a little more animated, she loved the idea of walking along a beach in barefeet, with no society to worry about and no father to be scared of. Perhaps one day she’d be able to visit the sea and experience it at least once.

She’d been kept busy for the next week, what with the ball that she’d had to help set up, and then help tidy up afterwards. Too exhausted to do anything more than just tumble into bed, somehow she’d managed to keep a slight eye on the weeping willow, double checking that she wasn’t going to miss him being there. When she finally did have the time, once again she took the small bowl and rag with her, guessing that she’d need to clean some more wounds again. Glad to see that he was there, she moved aside the hanging branches of the willow with a soft noise, unwilling to startle him. “Hello,” she said softly, setting the bowl down quietly. He looked as tired as she felt, but she didn’t bring that up. “How is your back feeling?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Queen of Thorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen of Thorns   Queen of Thorns I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queen of Thorns
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Faerie Rp-
Jump to: