The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Silver Lamp

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

The Silver Lamp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 8:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Roughly eight thousand years ago, a young shadow master named Damien was cursed to be trapped within a silver lidded lamp. Eventually after passing from owner to owner his most recent owner a dragon named Erisidr tired of toying with him and left him in an old op shop to be discovered.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 9:13 pm

The old man looked over him and grinned “Lets make a deal, you tell me what you are and I’ll tell you what I am and might maybe let you have a look at some of the tomes that mere mortals don’t get to paw through” he’d lived in this small town for a few hundred years and knew Lyra just as he knew her family. In all the time she’d lived there she’d never shown up with another person let alone a creature, his sharp eyes had picked up the coyote and the black shadow resting in Lyras palm. He didn’t want to know what this man was to protect her, heaven knew she could take care of herself, it was more he was quite the curious sort, he was fairly certain his species was curious by nature. At the sound of the man speaking, Lyra looked up from the book she’d been reading the back of, knowing that the old man wouldn’t do anything detrimental she resumed reading, ending up with an armful of books she read a fair variety of books and currently she was on murder mysteries written by women and her favourite author was a Camilla Lackberg who’s stories were set in Sweden. Having read the first two she was happily stocking up on the other books in the series, placing them in her bag to take to the old man who ran the store, quite happy there, she usually made a trip here once or twice a month and occasionally brought him baking as he was a family friend and often gave her discounted rates, she knew him as Grandpa and could remember visiting the well stocked bookstore ever since she was a little girl.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 9:21 pm

It hadn’t taken much more thought to pinpoint where he’d felt this sort fo creature before, and so Damien was fairly sure that he knew what the old man was. However it wouldn’t do much harm if he was right. Considering how best to answer him, Damien eventually just went for the more direct route. There was nothing to be gained here except rare books, and he was always interested in those, but there was no need to be manipulative about that if the old man was offering in the first place. “I’m a shadow master.” He kept his voice low, even though there was no one else in the store except for Lyra. It was just his habit, he didn’t want to be found out by other hunters – those scenarios had never ended well, he’d found out. Twisting one of the cuffs around his wrist absently, he kept his gaze on the old man, relying on his coyote to keep watch just in case.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 9:46 pm

Dark brown eyes twinkled with amusement “Is that so? I haven’t met one of your kind in oh… a life time .You’ve already likely deduced I’m a witch, Eli Lawrence at your service” he stepped away from the counter and walked over to a door leading into the back, murmuring a quiet simple spell and gesturing with a hand a sigil appeared on the handle of the door glowing a moment before a soft click announced the door had unlocked. Opening the door and stepping through he held the door open for the shadow master, the room was lit by a couple of florescent lights that flickered when first turned on revealing a room crammed full of a maze bookshelves, each bookshelf had a placard attached to it with a species or subject scrawled onto it along with years when necessary. “What is it you’re looking for then?” he exchanged books with a selkie in Ireland as well as several other creatures that ran such bookshops across the wide wide world, he quite liked the Irish Selkie and traded with him the most meaning they also shared the personal tomes they’d written themselves giving them both a greater range of knowledge than most knew about or what most would consider healthy.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 9:52 pm

That was interesting, perhaps shadow master populations had declined while he’d been trapped. Musing over that, he followed the witch into the next room, studying the books. “Nothing in particular, just things I haven’t read before.” An absent part of him was keeping an eye on things outside through his shadows, the older ones well versed in what to do when they were in a new place. The baby was still firmly attached to Lyra, squeaking gently to itself and peering at the books, being ever so careful not to touch them. Spotting a few subjects that interested him, Damien glanced at the witch to check that it was alright for him to browse before moving over to the shelves and taking the books out carefully. He wasn’t stupid enough to presume that he’d be allowed to take the books, but that was alright by him. He’d just read and absorb and write down what he and the shadows remembered for his own personal library once he was back in his lamp. Thankfully nothing else could enter his lamp unless he willed it, so all the books and objects in there were safe and sound from being poached or stolen.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 4:39 pm

Eli listened quietly to the comment musing over things, the glance Damien gave him drew his attention and the old man nodded “Go right ahead” he seemed smart enough to know that to take any books from here would not be looked favourably upon. Listening to the squeaks Lyra smiled slightly “What are you interested in, the books? They by my current favourite author that’s why I’m stockpiling a selection, old man Eli has a great number of books everyone around these parts come here to get their books” explaining to the little shadow as she made her way down a different isle she found some of the childrens books and lifted the shadow up to them “you can pick two books and I’ll read them to you or you can read them” it felt like the shadow was quite young which was why she’d picked the childrens section. Hopefully, her choice wouldn’t have offended the little shadow, she spent most of her time reading these days, there was less and less things for her to do that kept her entertained and she wasn’t even 200 yet admittedly there were days where she wished she could do more, explore and learn yet the lessons that had been stamped into her right from the time she opened her eyes for the first time kept her here. She was planning to ambush Damien later and see if she could get some stories out of him about what he’d done and seen during his existence.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 5:21 pm

Happy with the offer of books, Damien was soon lost in them and not planning on emerging until he absolutely had to. In the meantime, the little shadow chirped curiously about the books, extending a tentacle to touch a couple of the children’s books hat had pretty colours. Unable to speak yet, it simply chirped again hopefully, wanting to be read to so it could begin to learn about the world. Pooling in the warlock’s lap when she sat down, the baby listened very intently to all the reading until it was time to go, then climbed up to perch on Lyra’s shoulder again, chirping softly to itself as it thought about everything. With Lyra finally wanting to leave, Damien carefully put the books back where he’d found them, having committed most of what he’d read to his memory to write down once they were back home. He was quiet as they walked back, vanishing into his lamp as soon as they were back and spending a couple of hours writing down what he and the older shadows could remember. When he was done, he re-emerged to find something to eat, watching as the baby shadow tried to convince Lyra through lots of squeaking to read another story.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 5:53 pm

She’d quite enjoyed the afternoon reading to the shadow in the bookstore, paying for the books she wanted when Eli and Damien reappeared they were soon on their way home, humming absently to herself stockpiling a list of questions she planned to ask when the time was right. Not bothered when he vanished into his lamp right away, she went about putting her new books away and letting her parrot out of his cage, ignoring the raucous squawks of the bird as it quickly vacated its cage. While there she cleaned out the cage and replaced food, once finished Lyra finally became aware of the persistent squeaking of the little shadow and after a few guesses hit on the right question that was being asked “Well alright then” she’d bought some childrens books for her new friend while at the bookstore and so picked out a book she hoped would be a success. “This is one I quite like, its about a family shipwrecked and learning to survive in the wild, what do you think should I read you this one?” sitting down on a comfortable seat for two moments before remembering something and proceeding to get up, make herself a hot chocolate and sit back down again with a sigh “now then” she blew on her drink before taking a careful sip waiting to hear if this book would indeed entertain the cute squeaker’s interest or not.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 6:23 pm

The little thing perked up as soon as the book came out, and it quickly settled in her lap pooling again and peering at the book with eager noises. Amused, Damien leaned against the doorframe of the kitchen while he ate his snack, watching. “It’s bonded to you.” That was probably not the best thing for him, but it couldn’t be helped, and it wasn’t like he chose for the shadow to form itself in response to the warlock. He could only hope that nothing untoward would happen when his lamp was inevitably passed on again. He knew that the shadow wouldn’t be all that pleased about leaving Lyra.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 7:08 pm

Looking up at the comment Lyra shrugged a little “It still feels rude referring to it as an well it, will it pick a gender soon?” in her opinion the shadow seemed to feel female and she wasn’t exactly sure why, she wasn’t about to bring it up incase she put any ideas in the shadows head and she didn’t want to influence it to pick a gender when it was the shadows own choice. Sharp eyes studied the mans face “you don’t seem that thrilled with the fact that it has” the comment was simple and non-judgemental, if she thought about it the warlock could probably come up with some reasons why he wouldn’t be pleased but she’d rather cut out the energy she’d put into wondering about it later on and find out why right he wasn’t that keen right now. Slipping the book mark into the book and closing it quietly to set it to the side wanting to know what exactly was going on when it came to shadows and him, she already was very fond of the little shadow and didn’t like the idea of being separated from it, it was getting harder and harder not to theink of the shadow as just an it, its personality was showing itself and to call the shadow an it just felt wrong.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 8:01 pm

He finished his snack and found a chair to sit in, his coyote following to curl at his feet. “They choose when they’re ready.” He was indeed not all that thrilled, but he wasn’t keen on going into those details either. Watching the little shadow as it attempted to turn the page hoping for more story, he was curious about what name and gender it would choose, but there was no rushing it. The one time he had, the shadow had stubbornly put off choosing for as long as possible just to annoy him. Pondering the shadows, he was soon lost in his thoughts and not paying attention to what was going on around him, forgetting that he may have been asked some questions that would need a response to.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 4:36 pm

Narrowing her eyes when he avoided the question Lyra didn’t bother pursuing it, she knew from experience that pushing was the quickest way to get someone to clam up, for now ignoring the shadow while she watched Damien an amused rueful smile appeared on her features when she realized that he was drifting off into his own thoughts and didn’t bother to disturb him despite the burning curiosity. Answers would come later, for now, he was still settling in, and she could be patient, registering the shadows squeaking she petted the noisy little thing before continuing the story, at about dinner time she put the book down and stood ignoring any protests and started up on dinner half way through she light heartedly commented to the small shadow “ Ask your master if he’s going to show up for dinner tonight would you?” What will be would be was her general motto when it came to life and she wasn’t that particularly interested in pestering Damien nor pressure him, opening the oven and waving all of the hot air out of her face when it slammed into her she pulled the roast out of the oven and stuck it with a knife and shook her head before shoving it back in with the vegetables she’d peeled, chopped up and covered with some spices and breadcrumbs.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 9:39 pm

Very happy with the story, the shadow didn’t complain about the story ending, being a very carefree easy going little thing. Climbing up from the warlock’s lap, the black shadow perched in its new favourite spot on her shoulder, chirping softly to itself while Lyra cooked. Giving a louder squeak at the gentle request, it scooted off to find the shadow master, who’d found a book to read and was settled in a comfy chair reading. He glanced up at the question and nodded in response, taking a few more minutes to finish his chapter before setting the book down and getting up to wander into the kitchen. It was a refreshing change of pace being able to slow down and recuperate from what the dragon had done. It was equally as nice not being told or ordered to do anything, and it was allowing him to slowly heal mentally in ways that he hadn’t quite realised that he needed. Staying in the doorway of the kitchen so that he didn’t get in the way, the old creature watched Lyra in silence, his thoughts turning to pondering her and what she’d been doing while his lamp was under her control.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 4:34 pm

Turning around and spotting him there, Lyra offered him one of her usual friendly smiles, a couple of plates and necessary utensils popped up out of the draws in her kitchen to neatly set themselves down on the bench. “Roast Lamb tonight” she honestly didn’t mind doing the cooking, cleaning and everything else. She did it on her own anyway and she had a sneaking suspicion that he needed time to figure himself out, ordering people around wasn’t particularly her style either. Using her abilities to bring the trays out of the oven she set the meat down on a chopping block and offered him a knife “While I get everything else ready, could you please cut the meat for me?” her father had always been quite pedantic about doing the meat and so she’d learned to associate it as a thing that made men happy because it was manly. She didn’t keep watching him, instead she turned and kept bustling around the kitchen, putting together her self-saucing chocolate pudding that was easy and had little hassle, bundling it into the microwave and leaving it there for once they’d finished dinner, Lyra turned and walked back over to where Damien was putting some veggies on her plate, quite happy with the roast sweet potato, carrots, potato, and roasted broccoli. Snapping her fingers when she remembered the gravy a gravy boat floated over and after collecting what it needed from the tray that had had the meat in it continued moving around until the gravy was completed. Setting itself down while she collected some meat, she finished off her meal with the gravy that had been quickly whipped up and moved to sit down tucking into the food rather happily.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 6:46 pm

It had been quite a while since he’d had lamb for a meal, and he couldn’t remember the last time he’d had a home cooked meal either. Uninclined to move even at her request, a couple of his oldest shadows carved the meat instead, murmuring softly between themselves as they worked out the best way to cut the lamb most efficiently. He stayed where he was nicely out of her way. She looked like she had a good system set up with her telekinesis and it would only hinder the process if he got in the way and meddled. The shadow wielding the knife was kept a careful eye on, but it was an old one and knowledgeable, and it proved that the knife was no issue for it to have, simply curling around it and working it’s way through the meat to cut off enough pieces and resting them on the plates that were provided. Helping himself once the meal was done, he allowed the shadows to pick at the leftovers once both he and Lyra were sitting down. Still not really inclined to speak without having to answer questions yet, the old creature stayed quiet while he ate slowly, appreciating the home cooked meal.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 9:27 pm

Sitting silently through the meal, the girl had some time to reflect on things, apart from small bits and pieces the shadows had told her, she didn’t really know much about him and she was curious. It’d been a while since she’d bought his lamp, perhaps by now she could get to know him more, musing over it she finally spoke up when they were both finished “Hey, you’ve been here a while now and so I was wondering if you’d like to watch a movie with me?” setting her knife and fork neatly together on her plate and looking up at him “I’d really like to get to know you more, we are living together after all” standing and picking up her plate she took his as well “If you’d rather go back into your lamp I won't prevent you” she’d never restricted his access to the lamp it was his safe space and she had no right in her mind to prevent that. How would she like it after all? She’d hate it, moving away into the kitchen leaving him there to think it over she scraped the leftovers into the bin and washed the plates under the tap before setting them in the dishwasher. Closing it she began cleaning up the kitchen, used to doing the task on her own and so partially doing it herself and her magic taking care of the rest, the leftovers floated onto a plate and were wrapped in glad wrap by the glad wrap before the plate floated into the fridge. Humming to herself going through her movie collection mentally and ending up choosing one that made her laugh, once the kitchen was tidy she wandered back out wiping her hands clean on a cloth. It was up to him whether or not he joined her so she’d go about her evening as if she was alone, picking out the dvd she slipped it into the dvd player before settling on the couch with a blanket wrapped about herself.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 4:51 pm

Having warmed to the young warlock already, his shadows helped her clean and tidy up, feeling that being helpful would be a good thing if they were going to be staying for a while. Damien mused over her question as he wandered out of the kitchen to find his book again and curl up on the single chair that he rather preferred. He wasn’t opposed to staying around, he was still somewhat new to the idea of movies although his shadows snooping over the past few weeks had managed to explain a fair few modern conveniences without having to ask the warlock about them. Deciding that he’d stay while she watched the movie, he opened his book back up and got back into it, keeping half an eye on the movie absently. His shadows were happy to settle around the room to watch, the babies especially fascinated by the movie pictures, and the youngest curling up on Lyra’s shoulder where it’d claimed the best perch to watch and was being fiercely territorial over it, not letting any other shadow come near.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 10:22 pm

Over the past six months she’d learnt a little more about the stranger in her house thanks to the black shadowy creatures that had moved into her home along with him. Returning home a little later than usual thanks to an unruly customer who’d been a nuisance, she opened the door carrying a couple of bags of groceries that she’d picked up before heading home, now she had enough ingredients to make a ginger cake. Storming into the house she stalked inside and slammed the ingredients down scowling, it was too late to bother making dinner as Damien should have made his own by now anyway, starting to put things together she spent a couple of hours baking away before she was finally done. Having made a castle with some directions from the shadows, she had managed to ice it with cream cheese icing before finally running out of steam, putting things away with the help of her telekinesis and her own two hands. Heading up the stairs noticeably a lot less angrily, turning up the next morning in time to catch Damien helping himself she couldn’t help a smile, somehow feeling a bit more perky seeing him digging into her creation. At least he was enjoying it, something good had come out of her annoyance, bustling in to make herself a cup of tea she spoke “would you like a tea Damien?” stepping around him she reached up and picked a couple of cups out of the cupboard, setting them down on the bench she moved around the kitchen managing to avoid bumping into him and perched on the edge of the bench happily waiting for the kettle to boil “How’s it taste? The icing is a new one I decided to try out, I read it on pinterest” a good nights sleep had helped her go back to her usual self, smiling still while moving her feet back and forth.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 3:04 pm

Hearing the door slam, Damien chose to stay where he was and not bother Lyra for now. He’d settled in over the past six months, gaining a bit more weight and looking more healthy. Emerging early the next morning, he wandered down to the kitchen and stopped dead at the sight of her creation, going pale and feeling very grateful that the warlock wasn’t around to see his reaction to that fact that she’d made his home out of ginger cake. Recovering after a few moments, he moved around and found a cup of tea to have with the cake. On his third piece of cake by the time she turned up and his tea cup empty, the shadow master nodded at the mention of tea. “It’s better than the last experiment you tried. What gave you the idea for the castle?” He could guess that it had been his shadows, but he wasn’t quite sure if he was pleased or annoyed by it yet.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 12:10 pm

Accepting the cup she set it down next to the kettle and shrugged “The shadows made some suggestions, next time I’m going to try making a dragon out of something I think” when the kettle whistled she set about pouring them both a cup of tea and offered his cup back to him “Glad to hear I’ve improved at least” Not the biggest fan of ginger cake herself she didn’t bother getting a slice, instead she made some toast and sat down at the table nibbling at it when it was done and occasionally sipping some tea “I’ve read all my books so I’m looking to head back to the bookstore today if you want to come” glancing up at him Lyra couldn’t help but remember how skinny and unhealthy he’d looked when he’d first come out of his lamp and compare that to how much better he looked now. More of his personality had come out over the past few months and they generally got along pretty well, he’d shared some things about his shadows after she’d figured out what questions she wanted to ask and now she was more aware of what they actually were. Her little shadow that stuck to her like glue had grown a little too although it was still without a name or gender, unwilling to push it she simply referred to it as little one. Tucking her hair back behind her ears and lifting the cup to her mouth for another sip of tea she waited for the mans response while musing over the fact that now he actually looked healthy he was much better looking.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 3:30 pm

He wasn’t really surprised, and aimed a stern look at the shadows in view that were around the kitchen. They all vanished, being rather unwilling to be around while he was displeased with them, but he didn’t bother going after them, they’d have learned their mistake already. Instead finishing off the tea and his fourth piece of cake, he considered what she said. It’d be nice to go back to the bookstore and read some more of the tomes the witch had hidden away, it had been a good learning curve for him last time, and he would expect there to be new ones that the witch had gathered in the few months since their last visit. “I wouldn’t mind coming.” He got to his feet and moved the plate and cup to the dishwasher, musing about what he was most interested in at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2019 2:31 pm

Aware of the shadows vanishing she merely finished her tea as he agreed to come along, feeling a little lazy she sent her cup and saucer soaring over to neatly slip into the dishwasher when he was putting his own plate and cup away. Standing she offered him a smile and headed out, wandering down the small narrow streets of the little town she’d grown up in, sometimes she wanted to move away to start her own life but she didn’t really have an idea of where she wanted to go and that was what held her back. She was also the only daughter that had stayed in the small town so she felt that she owed it to her parents a little to stay, spotting the familiar dark green door of the bookstore and the glass that showed off some of the books that he had available for sale. Pushing the door open the familiar cheery tinkling of the bell always contrasted with the interior of the shop, it was a little gloomy in the short hallway that opened up into a medium-sized room that had a few lightbulbs hanging from the ceiling, there were some couches squeezed in near the windows and shelf upon shelf of books in strict order announced by a few signs stuck to the shelves. Eli was sat behind a small desk with an old fashioned map of the world stuck on the wall behind him, reading through circle lensed glasses and with a cup of tea neatly resting in its saucer. Returning her books by neatly setting them down on the desk she glanced at Damien guessing that he was going to vanish into the backroom to read, so she picked a book and got comfy on one of the sofas “Hey happy little thing, pick a book and I’ll read it to you” murmuring softly to the baby shadow that had been hidden in her pocket on the walk over, Lyra patiently waited for the little thing to make its way back to her with a book.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2019 4:52 pm

Musing over everything had had happened in the past half year, Damien wandered with her down to the bookstore, and was glad when he was able to wander through the backroom with the witch’s permission. He again wasn’t going to try and write down what he was reading, but he and his shadows were well versed in memorising things so they could record it down later. With him vanished and his shadows spread quietly around to keep watch, the baby shadow crawled out of Lyra’s pocket and gave a small squeak, scrambling onto the children’s bookshelves to pick out a book that had lots of bright cheerful colours. For some reason that appealed to the little one, so it tugged as hard as it could to try and get the book out of the others. Unfortunately it was unable to and it squeaked sadly, bouncing on the spot in the hope that Lyra would get the message and get it down so that they could read it together.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 3:58 pm

Pleased that the unnamed shadow was so keen to pick out a book, Lyra watched it contentedly not wanting to take over too much, however, when the shadow squeaked sadly and started bouncing on the spot she understood what was wanted and came over. “This one huh?” she asked before pulling it out of the crammed full book case, brushing her fingers over the cover her smile softened “I remember reading this when I was little” granted this was a new copy but it was a nice fond memory either or. Sitting down she opened the book and began to read out loud, teaching the shadow to read without really noticing she was doing it, some part of her recognized that the shadow that had become her companion was a baby and so her behaviour had changed a little to treat it like she would a human child. Becoming all the more fond of the little shadow, by the time they finally finished the childrens book it seemed that the man who ran the store was starting to pack things away. “Okay then, you can pick two to take home. Pick one short one and one longer one” the longer one would be one she could read to the little one when she had the time and would last longer. Once the creature had she paid Eli for the books “Where is Damien then, still hiding out the back in the ‘restricted’ section?” she glanced towards the back room quirking a brow wondering if she was going to have to pry the man out with a crowbar.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 4:44 pm

The warlock had the shadow’s undivided attention while she read the story, and the little deflated quite obviously when the book was finally closed and finished. Still, it knew already that it wasn’t to argue so it just squeaked softly. Watching intently while she put the book away again it perked up considerably at the offer of two new books and quickly chose out the two that filled her criteria and were also the most colourful books it could see, for some reason quite attracted to the colour at the moment. Riding once again on her shoulder, it clung to some of her hair and waved a happy tentacle at the witch man while they waited for Damien to emerge. He didn’t take long, unwilling to push the warlock or the witch at the current moment. As promised, he hadn’t brought any of the books out with him, merely committed what he’d read to memory so that he and his shadows could record it down later when he was back in his lamp.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 7:39 pm

He didn’t seem to be that interested in any of the books that she could bring home but she decided to offer anyway “If theres any books you want here I’m happy to buy them for you” as far as she knew he didn’t have any money anyway. Tucking the two picked books underneath her arm she smiled at the shadow on her shoulder  “Time to hide again little one” once it was hidden away she headed back towards her home. Remembering the look on his face when he’d seen the product of her latest baking montage, she mused over a couple of things before finally deciding to speak “look, Damien, I’m sorry if the castle made you upset, I didn’t intend for that kind of reaction, when I get annoyed or frustrated I bake and that’s what the result was this time” making herself be direct she wanted to avoid his gaze and look elsewhere but she had to be sincere and that meant eye contact. Quite concerned in all honesty that she’d made a blunder, Lyra waited anxiously for the mans reply, more than used to living with him by now she was accustomed to the fact that he didn’t say much and kept to himself despite her attempts to get to know him so she had accepted that and backed off letting him do as he pleased. The reaction was one then that surprised her and she wanted to make sure that she hadn’t made things worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Silver Lamp
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next