The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When the Cicadas cry

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:54 am

First topic message reminder :

The year is 2011, the past year on the fourth of September there was a 7.1 earthquake that shocked the south Island of New Zealand. Thankfully no one was killed but some serious damage was done, it is February of 2011 now and unbeknownst to anyone the clock is ticking down on the quake that will change it all. Meet our characters, they end up being thrown together after the quake and find that they begin having flash backs of another life and another time when they are around each other. Will the small band of heroes survive the apocalyptic conditions or will they succumb to the death, everything will be revealed when the Cicadas cry

Last edited by Raven on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:24 pm

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Park / With: Haytham
Thomas shrugged a little, "It's no trouble for me, unless you turn out to be a murderer. But, so far, don't seem it." He laughed a little, motioning away, "Come on." With that, he led the man to his flat.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:31 pm

Haytham awoke in the morning feeling clean and well rested, he froze his eyes snapping open. His mind quickly telling him about the events of the night before, he had had a shower one that was long over due and the kind student had leant him a bed. A smile decorated the mans features, he decided that he would do a painting for the younger man as thanks.

Rose woke up with a painfilled groan from sleeping on the couch all night, she got up making her way toward the kitchen. At least she felt better today, staring around before she turned and climbed up the stairs to take a well deserved shower she sat down and sighed feeling the spray of the water hit her.

Avaline as always was awake before dawn, her single story home comfortable and warm. She left the place after yet another night of dreaming, this time Liam was chasing her through a dense jungle. She shook her head the memories or dreams or whatever they were took a slight toll on her rest, she had had a late night last night due to taking another shift due to someone being sick. She had work again tonight from six onwards and she was not looking forward to it.

Tobe was unconsious on the floor again, the man slept walked in his dreams and so would often find himself in the most weird places and positions. At least he hadn't woken up on the toilet like he had another night, standing he stretched pulling back the curtains to let the sun in, smiling he walked up to his room pulling on an assassins creed hoodie and charcol gray skinny jeans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:53 pm

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Home / With: --
Joshua jolted awake, still sitting on the couch. He let out a small groan, rubbing his face before yawning. The tv had turned itself off due to the timer he'd learned to put on it. He stood and headed into his room to grab a change of clothing, glancing at the unmade bed. It had been that way since yesterday morning. Heading into the bathroom, he brushed his teeth first. He slipped off his clothing from the day before, taking a fairly long shower, humming as he did. Once finished, he dried off and dressed in dark jeans and a dark grey band t-shirt with white print. He towel dried his hair, giving it a messy yet styled look and trimmed his facial hair. Grabbing a couple of strawberries and his guitar case, he headed out the door.

Thomas opened the door to his room, having just finished pulling on a white t-shirt. It was clear he'd just gotten out of the shower, his darkish blonde hair was still wet. Thinking about it, he debated if he should get a trim soon. He'd shaved since the night before. He glanced over at Haytham with a smile, "Morning." He moved into the relatively small kitchen, beginning to make toast, obviously for both of them.

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / His Room / With: --
Alex roses from his bed, changing from his sleepwear into some slightly torn and patched looking jeans and his Horde shirt. He headed downstairs, hearing the shower running. Once in the kitchen, he began grabbing various supplies to make pancakes, which he'd never done before but, eh, if he screwed up then, at least he had bought it with his own money.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:00 pm

Checking his laptop for any updates he ran a hand through his hair then checked the facial hair that grew on his face, it wasn't much of a beard more like a thin layer of hair between the outside world and his face. He preferred it like that to be honest, moving into the kitchen he stared around before realising that he had eaten the last of his food the night before. He would have to wait until friday which was tomorrow before he got paid again.

Stepping out of the shower she shook herself off and wrapped the towel around herself before she moved into her room. Choosing a dark green shirt that had a paler green four leaved clover on it and a pair of three quarter pants that were a gray color she walked down stairs with the red towel around her hair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / Kitchen / With: Rose
Alex was messing with the pancakes. He'd finished a couple and was trying to work with a third. He tongue was sticking out of his mouth a little as he concentrated, trying to flip the pancake with just a flick of the pan it was on. The result of this attempt was him getting hit in the face with the not completely finished breakfast food. It hit his face and then the ground. He stared down at it, frowning as if it had been the one to do something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:18 pm

Rose burst into laughter seeing her best friend getting hit in the face with a pancake, that reminded her it was probbaly Thomas's day off as well. She sent him a text quickly Hey man you free today? - Rose she walked over and elbowed him out of the way "Let me show you hwo a pro does it" she smirked she have the pan a flick and ended up with a Pancake on the roof "I take that back" she said staring up at it before bursting into laughter as it fell onto Alex's hair.

Tobe heard the sound of laughter and the smell of food sighing as his stomach rumbled, he blinked those misty gray eyes before he ran a hand through his thick brunet hair. He stood and headed up to his room searching under his bed for any of his secret stashes, none, he was completly out of food. Sighing again he fiddled with his hands before returning to his laptop.

Haytham blinked staring at Thomas with slightly widened eyes well i'll be damned, the man looks like a greek god he stood rubbing the back of his head awkwardly he blurted out "can i do a sketch of you? Clothed of course but I haven't sketched anyone for a while and i prefer to ask before i begin randomly sketching people"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:40 pm

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Home / With: Haytham
Thomas raised an eyebrow at the fact that he had to mention it was clothed. He would have just assumed it was, anyway. He forced the toast to pop up, putting it on couple of plates and setting them on sort of a breakfast bar at the edge of the kitchen. He smiled, looking over at Haytham, "Well, it's fine by me." He opened the fridge, pulling out some form of berry jam and butter. He set them on the table before hearing his phone go off. "Uh, that's wineberry jam, by the way." He knew the other man probably didn't know what a wineberry was. Wineberries were like raspberries in appearance but with a little sweeter taste to them. He pulled his phone from his pocket and read the text, replying, 'Probably, what's up?'

Alex' head lowered as the pancake hit it. He just sort of tried to glare at the pancake, "Why do you hate me so much?" With that, he swiftly tilted his head down, dropping that one onto the floor as well. He brushed his fingers through his hair to get out any batter clinging to his shaggy blonde hair. He cleaned the pancakes off the floor, knowing that, especially since they were only half cooked, they were no good now.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Heading out to the park, want to join us? Rose replied before smirking at Alex "did you get a good look at the mystery boy next door?" She was naturally curious well aware of her best friends sexual orientation she found it useful when it came to assessing males on their physical appearance.

Haytham didn't bother to put anything on his toast gingerly taking a slice he offered "thank you, for letting me stay and feeding me" he dipped his head before he began to nibble at the bread his dark eyes were distant and closed off. He couldn't remember anyone ever being this nice to him before, it was nice.

Tobe didn't complain as he smelt more of the food, instead he just tucked himself in some blankets sitting out on the couch. He couldn't afford decent heating as it cost so much money, the money he got paid for his internet, electricity, food and water. Sometimes it meant having to go for a couple of weeks without decent food but his gaming world was so much better than the real one outside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:59 pm

Thomas smiled at him, "It's no trouble, really. Hell, you could even stay another night, if you wanted." He shrugged a bit, hearing his phone go off again, though, this time, it was on the table. He picked it up, reading. Giving a small sigh, he replied, 'Maybe. I brought home another person.' Rose knew of his habit of bring random homeless people to his flat to spend the night on occasion.

Alex shrugged, "Not really, he didn't exactly open the door. Had nice eyes, though." He noted the texting, "Thomas?" He had been wondering if the rather well-built male would be joining them.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Bring him along as well then, you sure do love your strays don't cha she texted back glancing over at Alex she nodded in response to his asking of who it was. She let the pancake mix cook before flipping it over with a spatula "He sounds like a shy deer of sorts" she commented.

Haytham stared at Thomas accidently voicing his thoughts "you are too nice to be human" he blinked realising he had said that out loud and silently smacked himself over the head mentally before he continued nibbling at his toast silently.

Tobe frowned shoving his hunger away so he could concentate on playing skyrim online with other players, moving his character -an orc- through the brilliantly detailed landscape he briefly wondered what all of the talking was about next door. Then again they were always quite noisy but now he could put pictures to the voices.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:15 pm

Thomas chuckled lightly, "Humanity needs some people who aren't assholes." His phone went off again, he read it and sighed, eating his toast, having put jam on it. He looked over at Haytham, "So, care to go to the park with myself and a couple of others? I know it's not your normal plan but, you look like you could use a day to just be able to relax."

Alex nodded a bit, "He was sort of like that, yeah. It confused the hell out of me, the difference between the shouting and how he answered the door. It was like he was afraid of me." He frowned a small bit.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:19 pm

Haytham thought about it then nodded "if they don't mind me sketching them, It seems nice the idea of being able to hang out with other people" he paused looking slightly awkward. He had basically just admitted that he had no friends, he bit into his toast half way through just the once piece.

Rose raised her eyebrows "Socially awkward perhaps?" she smirked slightly "I remember when you just moved in i refused to talk to you. Different pasts and all that jazz, it must be lonley though" she finished some pancakes and put them on a plate passing them behind her to him. "he seems like the sort who would flight than fight"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:27 pm

Thomas smiled, looking over at him as he finished his piece, "I'm sure they won't mind one bit." He took his plate and placed it in the sink before moving off into his room, grabbing his wallet and sliding it into his pocket, his phone he slid into the other.

Alex sighed, nodding as he took them. "You know what, we should invite him over some time. For dinner or something. Be all neighborly." He began eating, not caring to put anything on the pancakes, instead, he'd rolled them up and was eating them as if they were burritos.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Haytham brightened up some what at this, choosing an art book that he had been given some years ago and his pencils and sharpener he smiled "lets go then!" he loved drawing and singing although not many people seemed to notice his work he continued on with it.

Rose nodded "You can be the one to do that, you're the one who first made contact hes your responsibility" she smeared jam on hers, sitting on the bench she ate hers contentedly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:54 pm

Thomas walked through the park with Haytham scanning for Rose and Alex. He smiled a bit as he saw them, raising a hand to wave before sticking it back in his pocket. He knew Alex' opinion of him and took a bit of comfort in the fact that Alex had no knowledge of his sexual orientation. The flirts would be unending, and Alex was pretty bad at flirting to begin with. "Hey." Alex smiled, touching Rose's shoulder and motioning towards the approaching two. Thomas smiled at them, "Haytham, this is Rose and Alex. Rose, Alex, this is Haytham."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Rose glanced over and grinned, she folded her arms over her chest appraising Haytham "Nice to meet you" she said before raising an eyebrow at Thomas, "this is the first time hes ever shown us one of his strays, too nice for his own good" she smirked

Haytham smiled quietly "Greetings" his eyes swept over the park "I hope you do not mind if i sketch you? it is good practise for me" his low velvet tones were odd coming from such a dark featured man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Park / With: --
Josh sat in the park, sighing. He didn't have the black backpack with him, however, he did have the black guitar case. He had pulled out his guitar, strumming the chords to Blister in the Sun by the Violent Femmes. He played this a few times, keeping his guitar case shut and propped up, obviously not busking. As he noted people beginning to watch him, he grinned, beginning to sing.

"When I'm out walkin', I strut my stuff, yeah, I'm so strung out
I'm high as a kite; I just might stop to check you out
Let me go on... like I blister in the sun
Let me go on... big hands, I know you're the one
Body and beats, I stain my sheets -- I don't even know why
My girlfriend, she's at the end -- she is starting to cry
Let me go on... like I blister in the sun
Let me go on... big hands, I know you're the one"
As he sang, he began to bob his head in time with his music, moving along with it, getting more and more showy as he went. By the guitar solo, he was up dancing. The blonde boy was obviously having fun with this whole thing. He had a small group of people watching him, now. As he came to the repeat, he was acting the whole thing out, dancing, doing the voices, the volumes, flirting with various girls. All the while, he kept his rather charming grin, playing his guitar easily. He winked at one girl who seemed all too thrilled at the prospect. His voice returned to it's full form as he hit the last couple of lines.
"Let me go on... like I blister in the sun
Let me go on... big hands, I know you're the one!"
He strummed the last few chords in a fairly over-the-top manner before beating out the final drumbeats on the front of his guitar. The peoplee who had grouped around him to watch him began clapping and he gave a theatrical bow. A few of the girls were asking him questions but, he didn't really seem to be paying too much attention to them.

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / Park / With: --
Alex raised an eyebrow, watching the performing male with a muttered, "Dayum" Thomas merely rolled his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 11:14 pm

Rose narrowed her eyes with annoyance, how could she even ugh! she muttered "im going to go find somewhere where i don't have to listen to such obnoxious music" she shot the flirty male an annoyed look before she walked off heading for the botanical gardens part of the park. Finding the fountain that marked one of the entrances and that was also near the museum she dipped her feet into it with a sigh. "Kill me someone please" she muttered to herself letting her feet splash through the water, her dreams must have been just that. She ahd way to much self respect to deal with a man lik ehim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:53 am

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Park / With: --
Joshua blinked as he saw the girl from the day before looking at him. She looked, well, annoyed. His raised an eyebrow as she turned and walked away. He didn't really pay attention to the men who'd been with her. He grabbed his guitar case and slung it over his shoulder, still carrying the guitar, and followed after her. He gave a sigh, finding her in the fountain. He puled the case off, setting it down gently, adjusting his guitar as he plucked a few strings lightly. "Feeling better?" He was honestly curious to see if she was better from the day before.

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / Park / With: --
Alex frowned, not really knowing why she'd reacted in such a way. He was more than obviously a huge flirt, which worked seeing how attractive he was. He seemed like quite the joker, Alex had found his little stunt amusing. The male thought a moment, glancing over at the man who'd been singing. He seemed to have recognized Rose and was making his way towards where she'd gone. He chewed his thumb slightly, thinking. He hadn't seen the guy before but, the two had reacted toward each other. Maybe he was the mystery man she'd met in the CD store?

Thomas sighed, shaking his head a bit. He really didn't get guys like that. The man with the guitar seemed to be a show-off, a jerk, and he didn't appear to have any modesty. He understood that some people were naturally flirts but, this was a guy who obviously knew how to play that up even bigger. He gave a sigh, rubbing the back of his neck. He noted Rose leaving and frowned, nodding a bit. He knew nothing of the fact that she'd met the male once before or that she was having these visions. His own hadn't started.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:59 am

She turned and raised an eyebrow watching him through annoyed green eyes, this guy was such a show offy unmodest jerkface. He obviously in her mind was trying to seduce her so that he could make fun of her later. She had no sense of self worth but she knew what she wanted out of life, she turned her head and returned her stare to the clear water "Yes thanks" she told him

Haytham frowned slightly before he looked over at Thomas his dark eyes curious "where abouts do you want to sit? im fine with anywhere" he was anxious to get sketching he hadn't been able to sketch people for quite a few months due to his personal policy of asking people if he could sketch them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:18 am

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Park / With: Rose
Joshua nodded slightly, "Good. Had me worried, there, honestly. Thought you were going to pass out..." He continued strumming. It was a tune he'd written himself around the words of an old lullaby he'd found. He hummed gently, singing quietly.
"Dún do shúil, a rún mo chroí
A chuid den tsaol, 's a ghrá liom
Dún do shúil, a rún mo chroí
Agus gheobhair feirín amárach..."

(Translation)
'Close your eyes, my love
My worldly joy, my treasure
Close your eyes, my love
And you will get a present tomorrow'
The words were in Gaelic. It was an old Irish lullaby he'd picked up for some reason or other. He only sang a single verse of it before drumming his fingers on the wooden body of the guitar briefly. He was curious about the annoyed look she'd given him, "Did I do something particularly bad?" He glanced over at her.

Thomas turned his blue eyes towards Haytham before glancing around them, "Uh..." He motioned to a spot on the grass, "How about there?" He'd never had anyone ask to sketch him, or anything along those lines, before. He smiled a bit.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:23 am

She listened to the song and was thrown into another time, the same pirate ship he was singing to her as he stitched her up from one fight or another. She blinked shoving it out of her mind and shook her head "im just not a morning person" she lied calmly, she didn't want him to know that she had had dreams of him and her in another life and how disgusted she was with herself.

Haytham nodded, walking over he sat down and looked up at Thomas expectantly, he got out his sketching paper as well as his range of pencils some that were so well used that they were barely pencils anymore just tiny nubs of graphite in wood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:34 am

Joshua nodded slightly, "Well, that I can understand." He pulled his guitar off and knelt down, beginning to pack it away, "You seemed fairly annoyed with me, though. I don't like being on people's bad sides." He smiled slightly, locking the case.

Thomas smiled at him, sitting on the grass in front of him, scanning the sketching tools curiously. He sat cross-legged as he usually did when sitting on the ground. He gave a small sigh, head tilted, "Do I need to do anything in particular?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:45 am

Rose shook her head "no, twasn't you" she had that odd habit of speaking like a 1700's street urchin when she got flustered or awkward. She watched him through green eyes "you seem to have a habit of popping up around where i am"

Haytham shook his head "just do what you would normally do, enjoy yourself" he began sketching roughly and artfully his eyes flicking up to Thomas's face before back down to his paper a rough picture of the mans face beginning to appear quickly. He chewed on his lip slightly as he glanced up at Thomas again before adding in the brief outline of his neck and shoulders.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:58 am

Joshua chuckled a bit, looking up at her, "Interesting dialect, there." Of course, he had his own Bahamian accent, making him sound very slightly like he was a Reggie fan. He smiled, shrugging, "I don't know. I work in that shop and I've been here in the park for about an hour. You sure it's me?" He raised an eyebrow at her. He wasn't implying anything, merely stating that it wasn't him. Though he had shown up at the Pak & Save.

Thomas smiled a bit, his eyes flicking between Haytham and the sketch he was doing. It was an odd sort of feeling, to have someone studying you enough to do a sketch. He tried to stay as still as he could to not screw anything up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When the Cicadas cry
Page 3 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: