The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wolfin's LD Pride Stories

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

Wolfin's LD Pride Stories Empty
PostSubject: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 11:57 pm

Very shit in the beginning, but they get better.

August 6th: Brokefang walked over to Nala after his weekly sifting through his hoard. She looked at him curiously.
"What is it?"
"We have an excess of legs," he told her. "Maybe we should help Brin out, this time."
She didn't reply, knowing that he would do it no matter what she said. Instead, she asked a question. "How many do we have?"
"Seven," was the reply.
She sighed, shaking her head. Really, all the males in the Savannah were cubs, not matter what they looked like. Ahadi was in for a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 11:57 pm

August 12th: Fang brought in another stray, this time a male teen. Nala glanced at him curiously, and noticed that he was thin and scared, much in need of love. She rose to her feet, leaving her cubs in the den for a moment, and went over to her mate. She twined around him in greeting.
"Who is this?"
Fang grunted, and nuzzled her gently. "A stray," he replied. "Take care of him, since you want to." He disappeared into the den, and she looked at the young male. He was an unusual colour, she decided. The golden mane was tattered, only bits of fluff at the moment, but she could see that he would grow into it, and it into him. She beckoned to him with her tail, walking back to her cubs.
"Come. What's your name?"
He followed her hesitantly. "Finn. Finnikin," he replied.
"Well, Finn. Welcome to the Den."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 11:58 pm

August 14th: Fang met more of his kind. Together, they started an alliance, which they aptly named the Insane Ones. Nala, his beloved Queen, watched from afar, and vowed to keep a close eye on all the males. There was no knowing what they would get up to.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 11:59 pm

August 15th: It was Fang's birthday today. When he woke, none of his lionesses could be seen, not even little cublet Harri, who was still with her mother. He padded out, only to find that all his girls had put together a massive effort, and made him a carcass cake, complete with feathers. He blinked at it for a moment, and then thanked them all. His Queen, Nala, purred happily. It was nice that she had been around for this happy day.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:00 am

August 19th: Today was a happy day for the pride. 10 of Fang's lionesses were pregnant! When little Harri heard the news, she was nearly over the moon with excitement. At last, she would have some siblings to play with.
In other news, Finn is no longer as scrawny. With Nala looking after him, he has recovered from his trials, and hopes to repay the pride's kindness as best he can.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:00 am

August 20th: Today was bittersweet for the pride. Griffyn, Sirabi, Frostfur and Kiara are all expecting, but it will be their last litters. They have told Fang that they are growing old, and they wished to have one more litter. Understandably, Nala is most upset, and has stayed in her den most of the day. While she was the first to join Fang's pride, Sirabi has been her mentor from the start, being somewhat older than the Queen. The wisdom and kindness of all four will be missed greatly. Also good news, Fang's two beloved mahogany lionesses, Red Dust and Rhaena, are also expecting. He knows that the cubs are not his, but he will take care of them as if they were. This brings the expectant mother count up to 19!
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:01 am

August 21st: Good news for the pride! 19 healthy cubs were born, to 10 of the lionesses. Most are first time lionesses, but the aging lionesses are happy to help. Fang has retreated to his own cave in the den site. He can handle cubs, but not 20 at a time all wanting to play catch the tail. Many have commented that having the cublets around make them feel young again.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:03 am

August 27th: More good news! 9 more lionesses gave birth today, bringing the total up to 40 cubs! The four elders, Sirabi, Kiara, Griffyn and Frostfur had their fifth litter, also their last, but are coping well. Fang's Queen, Nala, is in heat, but she is not being very receptive at the moment. All he can do is hope that she will be soon.
Again, Fang has retreated to his own cave. 40 cubs is a little too much, and he growled to himself. It was all Iron's fault, urging him on. There would be payback for this.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:03 am

August 30th: Again, Fang woke to find that it was another bittersweet day. He walked in to greet his Queen, and was greeted with the news.
"I'm pregnant, Fang."
He stared at her, disbelieving at first. Then, he rubbed his head against hers, purring in pleasure.
"That's great," he rumbled. "Your last?"
She nodded, her eyes sad. Then, she changed the subject. "How is Finn going?"
Fang snorted, and glanced over his shoulder. "He's fine. Filled out now, which is good. He's beginning to get the hang of patrolling, too."
She was shocked. "You're sending him out?! He's only a baby!"
Again, Fang snorted. "Try telling him that," he muttered, and walked out, his stomach growling.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:04 am

September 2nd: Nala's cubs were born today, 2 males. Fang is over the moon, at last he has an heir of his own blood to carry on the line. They are both good looking boys as well. Unfortunately, only one can succeed, and the other will be chased. Unless...perhaps as a sub male? Hmm...
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:04 am

September 11th: Sadness swept over the pride today. Sirabi, the pride's eldest and most experienced huntress, passed on. Understandably, Fang and the other elders were most upset, with all four of them refusing to come out until the sun had set. Then, they came out to bury the former pride member. She was buried in her favourite resting place, overlooking the pride's den. Nala stayed with her throughout the night, keeping watch over her until the dawn.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

September 22nd: Again, sadness is rife in the pride. Kiara, the light hearted elder lioness, has departed for a new journey. As Sirabi was, she was given a farewell, and buried in her own resting place, the place where she had played with the cubs. She will be missed.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:05 am

September 30th: The King, Brokefang has died, as has his Queen, Nala. They were found this morning, curled together in a final embrace. It is clear that they passed in their sleep, painlessly, but their strong personalities will be sorely missed. Calypso has been chosen as the next Queen, and her half brother, Reale, is the next king, young though he is. Luckily, Frostfur and Griffyn are still hanging on, and they will give him their valuable knowledge for the years to come. He will be a good king.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:05 am

October 10th: Frostfur and Griffyn have gone, joining the others who had begun this small pride. Snowy went as well, leaving the pride with only Shiver as their most experienced huntress. Thankfully, she is teaching the young ones the tricks of the trade, and they are all confident that they will learn the best they can.
In other news, Finn has decided to stay with the pride. Despite knowing that he will possibly never lead this pride, he has opted to stay and help teach the young king. There is a chance that Finn could take over the pride's close ally, ruled over by Mystery, but that day will be a while in coming. Mystery is still only young.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:06 am

October 17th: Shiver's last litter was born today - four healthy, happy little lionesses. Poor Reale doesn't know what he should do, or what his father would have done. None of the lionesses can help him, for it is his choice whether the cubs stay or go, but Shiver is understanding. She does have a suggestion however. When Reale came into the small cubbin den, she lifted her head.
"I have a suggestion for you," she said, in her quiet voice. Somehow, though, it made everyone listen to her. He looked at her, and came over, interested.
"What is it?"
She nuzzled her cubs, pulling one of the more adventurous girls back to her. "Send them to Mystery," she replied. "He will take care for them, and you can bring them back when you wish." She dipped her head, waiting for his thoughts, grooming her cubs while she did so.
His answer was long in coming, but grateful. "I think that will work, Shiver." He rose again, and nuzzled her before leaving. She watched him go, and sighed with relief. She hadn't wanted any of her cubs to be chased, but she wouldn't have protested. Only the Queen could argue.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:06 am

October 23rd: Zeke has returned from staying with Mystery. He has decided that he wishes to learn from Finn, who is gaining a reputation as a good and patient teacher. Reale allows this, knowing that it will not harm the pride, but he keeps an eye on the younger male, ever wary.
However, Zeke has left. He has decided to become a loner, roaming for his own territory. Although no one voices the thought, the whole pride is relieved. He had made them all on edge.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:07 am

October 26th: The night has become full of strange scents, and eerie sounds. Shiver keeps the cubs well inside, no longer trusting the darkness, even as Reale explores. He comes back with tales of strange and terrifying creatures, and a strange new beetle, the colour of blood. He collects them, as there is a new shop, run only at night by the bat, Vlad.
In other, happier, news, Mystery has sent back Caorach, so named for his fluffy mane. The cubs couldn't stop themselves from burying themselves in it, managing to hide all four of them completely at the same time. Thankfully, Caorach is a gentle male, having learnt well from Mystery, and is happy to play with the cublets, as well as learning from Finn while he is here.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:07 am

November 11th: Snowdrop gave birth today. As Reale seems to have a soft spot for her, despite - perhaps because of - her age, he allowed her to choose her own mate for her last litter. True to form, she chose a male who has a brilliantly fiery coat, a stark contrast to her own brilliant white. The cub, a beautiful female, has neither her mother's albino, nor her father's fiery coat, but instead a deep auburn coat, reminding the whole pride of the rare lionesses with the 'prune' coats.
Despite the cub's colour, Reale refuses to treat her any differently to any other cub. She will learn that it is her mind that is valued here, her mind and her personality, rather than the rare colour of her coat, and she will learn to choose her mate accordingly.
Grateful for the king's kindness, Snowdrop has named her daughter Llachar, an ancient word for bright. She senses a special future for the cub, a future in which she will be a bright beacon.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:08 am

November 19th: Reale came home from his weekly visits to neighbouring prides today. This time, however, he came home followed by a young lioness. Cally walked over to her mate, interested in the new arrival.
"Who is she?"
Reale shrugged his shoulders, purring as he nuzzled his mate. "A gift," he replied, glancing back at the young female. "From Krypt's pride. The new male, Iri, wishes to ally with us."
"Hmm." The experienced lioness studied the young one closely, impressed when she didn't shrink away under the scrutiny. "What is your name?"
"Chenoa," was the quiet reply, although the blue eyes met Cally's evenly. Cally only nodded, still examining her, before she turned back to her mate.
"Will she stay here?" she asked. "Or will we give her to Mystery for a while?"
Reale only shrugged again. "She's one of Krypt's last, " he said quietly. "Perhaps Mystery is the best way to go. She will have family there."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:08 am

In between because LioDen ate it. That will teach me to keep an update backup.
When Cally died, Reale was heartbroken.
Ahh...something about the Christmas event. Wink
And Finn dying while on patrol. D:
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:09 am

March 12th: The King has died. Madigan has become the new king, guiding the pride in this time of grief. The cubs, the last cubs of Reale, are confused, but none of the lionesses have the courage, nor the will, to tell the little ones exactly what has happened.
Keerva stays away, secluded in her own den, refusing company, even that of the snake, Neidr. All she wants is to be alone. Sometime near dusk, though, Madigan came to find her, approaching hesitantly.
"Keerva?" he asked tentatively, not knowing the depths of her grief. She didn't move, apart from her tail gently flicking, beckoning him closer.
"What is it, young king?" she answered.
He hesitated, and then lowered himself to sit in front of her. "I'm lost," he admitted. "I...I don't really know what to do. The King - he's just....gone."
She nodded gently, and beckoned him even closer. "It was the way he wished to go," she murmured, beginning to gently groom his dark mane. "But you are ready, and competent. Don't be afraid. He has trained you well and you will lead the pride well. We are here with you every step of the way."
He nodded, and began to return the grooming, although unsure at first. She relaxed under the rough tongue, and felt him relaxing as well.
"There is no need to be worried," she assured him. "I am here to help. The pride will prosper."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:09 am

May 16th: As the Queen has grown older, she has become more mellow, not minding the various cubs to climb over her. In the past, she would have snarled, sending them running back to their mothers. Madigan, slowly, has grown closer to her, and they are often found together, away from the pride. As yet, though, she has borne no cubs. Ysbryd is the only one of her bloodline left, as the daughter of Reale.
"Keerva?"
She glanced up, Neidr twining around her body as she got to her feet. Now over ten, her age is showing slightly in the grey on her muzzle, and the slight stiffness to her movements. "What is it?"
The king came over to her, nuzzling her shoulders. "How are you feeling?" he murmured, and she snapped at him, pushing him away from her.
"What do you want?" she snarled. She heard his sigh, and then he came back to her, nudging her with his nose.
"The sun is shining," he said softly. "Come and lie outside. It’s nicer."
She growled, and turned away, heading deeper into the den.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:10 am

July 20th: With the birth of a male cub, the future of the pride seems certain. He is of Phoibe's blood, and shows great promise. However, when Madigan came to tell his Queen the news, he found her curled in the back of the den, her sightless eyes shut tight.
"Keerva?" He stepped closer hesitantly, wary of her temper. The only movement was that of the white snake, his scales scraping the walls of the cave as he moved around the lioness' body.
Madigan felt fear shoot through him. It can't have happened. It wasn't time. He came closer, settling to lie next to her. To his immense relief, her fur was warm, and now that he was closer, he could hear her breath. He sighed, relaxing, and rested his head on his paws.
"A boycub was born, Keerva," he said softly. "An heir."
She finally moved, lifting her head to look at him. She was starting to go grey, but he thought secretly that the soft colour suited her - not that he would ever tell her, of course. He'd only get his head bitten off for it.
"He won't."
The quiet words shocked him, and he couldn't speak for a moment. As it began to sink in, he managed to say a couple of words. "What? How?"
She shook her head, getting to her feet. The snake curled over her back, resting his head on hers, and they both looked at him. Madigan found it rather disconcerting. "I've seen his future, my King," she answered softly. "It is short, but sweet. He will not grow to be an adult."
Madigan shook his head, trying to deny it. "No. That can't be right." He rose to stand with her, towering over her. "He cannot die."
"You cannot fight it, Madigan." Her voice was harsh. "Accept it, and it will hurt less."
He shook his head again, but she walked out, not speaking again. As she left, the snake's hiss floated back to him.
"You will nottttt die yet, ssssssmall king. Your princcccce will come sssssssoon."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:10 am

July 25th: As the days pass, the Queen is proven right. The boycub is weaker than his sister, seeming to prefer to stay curled near his mother. Madigan had to speak to her.
"Keerva."
For once, he didn't question her. He was the King now, not just Madigan. Still, though, she refused to grant him that courtesy. Somehow, she managed to glare at him, staring straight into his eyes.
"What?" she snapped.
A growl rumbled in his chest as he stepped closer, not wanting the rest of the pride to overhear. "What do you know of the cub?" he asked softly, making sure he stood over her.
A hiss answered him, and he met the cold eyes of the snake. Keerva, however, appeared to be considering his words. "Come with me," she finally said, rising to her feet and leading him out. Her tail slid under his chin with a teasing flick, and he narrowed his eyes at her retreating back.
He followed her a fair way from the den, until she curled under a shady tree. He settled next to her, watching her closely.
"What is it, Keerva?"
"The cub is weak," she replied softly. "He will not live through adolescence. Don't get attached to him." Before she could continue, though, a young lioness rushed up, her tail flicking anxiously.
"Queen Keerva!" she gasped, belatedly dipping her head to Madigan. "Please, come."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:11 am

July 29th: Madigan finds it hard to remember his Queen's words when the cubs play with the feathers in his mane. Kingfisher feathers, the sign that he is the king. He had hoped that he would pass them on to the little male cub, but it is becoming quite clear that it won't happen. He is steadily growing weaker, despite the whole pride's care and concern. As the boy grew towards adolescence, Madigan watched him, hoping that they were all wrong.
"Don't raise your hopes."
He turned his head, glancing at the golden lioness. The grey on her muzzle had turned silver, giving her the appearance of unearthliness.
"It's hard," he responded, looking back down at the sleeping cubs curled between his front paws.
His Queen sighed, and settled near him, gently pulling the male towards her. The cub stirred, mewling in his sleep, but didn't wake as she began to wash him carefully.
"I know," she answered softly. "I've had cubs of my own."
He blinked, unsure what to say. Neidr curled on her back, resting his head on her shoulders, the brilliant red eyes glinting in the starlight. She spoke again, lost in thought.
"There was one of each, my first litter. I knew I couldn't keep him, could only keep Ysbryd, but I couldn't help getting attached. It is hard to let go." She lifted her head, her cloudy white eyes boring into him and, not for the first time, had the sense that she could see into his soul. "He will not live, Madigan. I'm sorry."
Her voice was astonishingly gentle, almost tender, and he rose to his feet, nosing her affectionately. he didn't know what to say. He'd never seen this side of her before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolfin's LD Pride Stories   Wolfin's LD Pride Stories I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolfin's LD Pride Stories
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next