The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Folly and Nathan 2.0

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Folly and Nathan 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Folly and Nathan 2.0   Folly and Nathan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 11:15 pm

After being trapped in Eri's crater for just over a year, Folly's been freed and somewhat homeless now with her 8 month old child. Only just managing to scrape by, an old school friend Nathan shows up while on a trip for his job. Seeing their plight he offers his assistance naturally being one to want to help people.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Folly and Nathan 2.0   Folly and Nathan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 10:06 pm

The young woman had finally found a cheap tiny home to rent so that she and her daughter had a roof over their heads at last. While she was grateful to Skye for helping them as much as she had, Folly was very fiercely independent, and had wanted her own place for a while now. Scraping by with the two or three jobs that she juggled, the young woman missed her best friend dearly, despising the two creatures that had driven them apart like that had. She just wanted to be with Maple again, where she could keep her company and make sure that her dreams were coming true too. Hearing June begin to cry, she picked up the baby and rocked her gently, decided that she may as well go for a walk with her. Sometimes it helped, and heaven knew it helped Folly clear her head too. Ending up at the small park, she wandered among the trees with the now asleep baby held safely in her arms, taking advantage of the peace and quiet to try and clear her head.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Folly and Nathan 2.0   Folly and Nathan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 11:22 pm

He'd been lucky enough to come here for a photo shoot for a wedding, that'd been yesterday so today he was wandering through the park with his camera at the ready searching for some local flora and fauna to add to his collection. Pausing to take a photo of a squirrel perching on a branch in a tree, he couldn't help but smile watching it interact with another one the two appeared to get along quite nicely. Taking a few more photos of the pair, movement attracted his attention in the otherwise quite empty park, Nathan looked up from his camera and over towards the owner of the movement and nearly dropped his camera. He'd given up on finding her after she'd vanished, along with May, he'd known something had happened despite everyone else thinking they'd just run away together. It was April but things had changed, he couldn't entirely pinpoint it however he couldn't just ignore her, settling his camera away in its bag that hung from about his neck and closing it the man walked over to her suddenly strangely hesitant to bother her while she looked so peaceful with the baby. "Excuse me!" his voice sounded without him intending to "April, Folly is that you?" careful not to disturb the child, Nathans' voice was soft and gentle, coming closer but staying out of her space, he wasn't entirely sure why but something in his gut told him she needed space.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Folly and Nathan 2.0   Folly and Nathan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 11:41 pm

The almost familiar voice made her look up and over, trying to work out who it was. It had been such a long time since someone had referred to her by her proper name. She’d deliberately stayed away from her home town, she didn’t know how to deal with her parents so she was putting that off as much as she could. Still, it didn’t take her long to recognise him, it was one of her old friends from school and she managed a quiet smile for him. “Hi Nate.” It felt like it had been an eternity since she’d last seen any of her school friends, she’d been through so much with Maple since they’d been stolen, and it almost felt like before then had been a different life. “It’s been a long time.” Thankfully June was still nicely fast asleep, so she stayed where she was, wondering what he wanted.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Folly and Nathan 2.0   Folly and Nathan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2019 11:04 pm

His gut had been right she was different, his hands moved to hold onto his camera bag while he thought trying to figure out what to say, it felt like there was nothing he could say apart from that he wanted to help her. Taking a deep breath the man began “She’s rather beautiful” nodding at the little girl in Folly’s arms, he’d grown a few feet since she’d seen him last and he’d grown a very neatly groomed beard. “Could I invite you out for a coffee? My shout” frustrated with his lack of words all he could do was try to reach out to her and see if she’d accept it or not. All he could do was try, and try he would, she’d seemed so alone before he’d interrupted her, there was a tired look to her like she was being over worked, but all he could do was offer “Of course it doesn’t have to be right now, you’ve got the little baby with you after all” hurriedly backtracking and nearly stumbling over his own tongue he held onto the strap of his camera case tightly already mentally beating himself up for coming across as a creep.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Folly and Nathan 2.0   Folly and Nathan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2019 11:31 pm

He'd definitely changed in the couple of years that she and Maple had been gone, but his heart was still the same, and Folly relaxed a little, shifting her grip on June to hold her more comfortably. “Thank you, and that sounds lovely.” It’d be nice perhaps to catch up with someone and maybe not feel so isolated in this small town, but she wasn’t overly hopeful. She’d learned the hard way that it was easier to keep alone and keep her secrets to herself. No one else would want to ever know, after all. Studying him quietly for a moment, she glanced at the camera, curious about why he had it. She could remember he’d been interested in photography while they’d been at school, so it was a logical step to her to ask her next question. “You got into photography like you wanted?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Folly and Nathan 2.0   Folly and Nathan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 2:39 pm

Brightening up when she agreed he mentioned “Theres a cute little café a street or two over I think” he’d always liked her, although had always had an understanding that Maple was what had come first in her life, and now it seemed like the baby would be now. It was something that he accepted quietly and without malice, perking up at the mention of his camera he smiled “Yes, I’ve landed a couple of gigs, the one most recently was a wedding here, I’d really like to get into wild animal photography though” his dream had always been to go to various places in the world and photograph wild animals, his dream of dreams was to be able to write about them and have his photos and words published but he couldn’t write for beans. He had pretty terrible dyslexia that came through especially when he was trying to write things, so he stuck to photography which was his stronger suit, as he was only starting out he occasionally worked a second job when they needed him. Turning the corner and spotting the café he wandered in with Folly and smiled “Pick out what you want to drink and eat” he picked himself out a savoury muffin and a caramel latte, paying for his and Follys he sat down at a table to wait, wanting to ask about what had happened to her when she and Maple had simply vanished. So instead he nodded at the baby “Whats her name?” once he had her name he smiled “I like it, how’re you doing?” it aws the most non invasive way he had of making sure that sure she was doing alright, he didn’t expect a completely honest answer but he couldn’t help but ask.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Folly and Nathan 2.0   Folly and Nathan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 3:12 pm

It was almost comforting to have something normal happening for once and Folly hadn’t really realised how much she’d missed it over the past couple of years. Shifting June to start walking with Nathan, she listened quietly to what he’d been doing recently, glad that someone she knew was following their dream. She wasn’t really convinced that she ever would now, but that wasn’t something everyone needed to know. Everything that had happened was going to be kept firmly to herself, it was safer that way, especially for her June. “That sounds wonderful, I hope you’ll find a way to do it then.” Ordering what she wanted and not arguing about him paying, she sat with him at the table, enjoying being able to relax a little bit and not be so on high alert for the time being. “Juniper.” It was obvious that her baby was her world at the moment, and she was really all she had. “Not too bad, just working things out slowly.” It would have been nice to have her parents’ support, but she was quite terrified of going back home, she didn’t know what would happen. “It’s a nice little town here.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Folly and Nathan 2.0   Folly and Nathan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 8:29 pm

Watching her quietly he was silent for a brief moment before he nodded “Yes, I’d love to wind up living near a place like this” [/color]he’d gotten a few computer programs on his laptop and had designed his dream house that he’d get one day when he’d earnt thousands for his photographs. For now, it remained a pleasant dream, “I’m going to be staying for a few days” he didn’t want to intrude but god did he want to help her “Are you in contact with your parents? I'd be happy to help any way I can” they’d been very worried about her, from what he remembered Maples parents hadn’t really cared that much as they’d been wrapped up in their own lives. Smiling briefly when their food was delivered he cut the warmed muffin in half and smeared some butter onto it, pushing half in her direction he took a bite out of his half and leaned back into his seat munching away. He was renting a tiny place in the very outskirts of Paris, the city was amazing there were so many things to photograph and he was dipping his toes into all sorts of different kinds, the only downside was there wasn’t really the types of animals he wanted to get on film, so he was considering other places that were a bit more out of the city despite quite enjoying urban life. "I'm actually thinking about moving out of the city, being close to everything is great but its not where I want to be a hundred percent" ugh there he went again, talking all about himself, just because he didn't really have anyone to talk to about his passions and what was going on in his life meant he could dump it all on Folly who probably needed more listening to than listening to him chatter away.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Folly and Nathan 2.0   Folly and Nathan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 9:06 pm

Going quiet at the question about her parents, Folly eventually just shook her head slightly. “No, not for a while. I haven’t got the time at the moment to go visit.” It was only half a lie, she really didn’t know how she was going to deal with her parents, and it was just easier to keep putting it off for now until she had things more sorted out. Accepting the half muffin with a quiet smile, she ate it slowly, listening to him. There really was something nice about having an almost meaningless conversation that distracted her from all her worries. “Where are you living at the moment then?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Folly and Nathan 2.0   Folly and Nathan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2019 7:00 pm

At the question he shrugged a little self consciously “Tiny little apartment on the outskirts of paris, temporarily, I’m still trying to find a place that feels like home. I know it sounds a little ridiculous” lifting a hand to rub the back of his head he avoided her gaze a little sheepishly as if he’d been told that what he wanted was childish and ridiculous. “I’d love to live out in a place like this you know” he wasn’t sure if it’d be much cheaper but it’d definitely be an upgrade since it seemed Folly lived here and the town was rather small and had a community feel to it. However she may not want him to suddenly moving in to her town so he stayed quiet on that front “It’s really great to see you again you know, I’m glad to see you’re doing alright, with little Juniper” he meant it too, he’d always just wanted the best for her no matter what. His blue gaze flicked to the small baby that was asleep in her mothers arms and noticeably softened, he’d not had a lot to do with little kids but he was certain that she was one of the most beautiful things he’d ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Folly and Nathan 2.0   Folly and Nathan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2019 7:29 pm

Sipping at her drink, Folly was happy to have the easy going conversation with him, it was something she hadn’t quite realised she’d been missing until he’d turned up. “Paris sounds like it would be an experience.” She’d never been to Paris, and for the most part she wasn’t exactly sure she wanted to. “Yes, here is nice, it’s a lovely community.” Glancing down at June when she was mentioned, her face also noticeably softened, and she unconsciously cuddled her daughter a bit closer. “There’s been some ups and downs, but that’s life I suppose. We get by thankfully.” Going quiet again to finish her drink, she studied her old schoolmate for a few brief moments. “It's good to see you again, I missed talking with you.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Folly and Nathan 2.0   Folly and Nathan 2.0 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Folly and Nathan 2.0
Page 1 of 1