The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lost at sea, time and space

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 10:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Killian and Skye got their hands on an ancient magical doohickey that suddenly carked into life and sent him down the worm hole of time and space and after at some point during this slip saw a TARDIS and a couple of OOD ended up finding himself in a comfortable enough apartment heavily influenced by a love f the sea. Claire has been working at the FBI for a number of years now after escaping Ices rule, coming home late one night she finds the pirate that she knows exceedingly well despite never having met him before. Finally poor innocent flower crown lamb hearted baby nathan got himself sent back in time because of the ancient magical doohickey and landed face first on skyes ship with his only belongings being what he had in his pack at the time and the clothes on his back. With the doohickey broken and in killians possession for now Ices shadows have picked up on what happened and are now searching for him and the magical doohickey.
Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 B997213d5bc01eab9d9521198e166690
^ said ancient magical doohickey
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 10:34 pm

With his sister busy with the stockman, Killian wandered over to where Claire was, keeping a careful distance from the horse. "What are you doing?" It interested him how she worked with the animal. He wasn't used to such gentleness, in his time they were simply for transport and food if one was desperate. He kept an eye on Rose, hoping that she might let him get more of the straps off her at some point so that she could be more comfortable.

"Oh, so you're back." He tugged the bit of paper out of her beak. "I need that, thanks. Chew on this one." He nudged a scrap bit of paper over to her, and the interaction between Claire and the other man caught his attention. Hoping that they'd be able to work themselves out, he watched them for a moment before getting back to work.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 10:43 pm

Glancing over at him a little surprised Claire smiled a little "Brushing him, getting him used to me and starting a bond" she explained continuing to lightly run the brush over the thin animals hide. As ever there was a differentness to her whenever she was around the horses, quieter and yet more intune with them than she really was with anyone who was human. She hadn't decided on a name yet, she wanted to look up his brand first before she decided on any for him, "your sister coping okay with this time?" she cared about Melissa because Killian did, "oh yes, i'm not going back to America, I'm quitting my job there and i'm going to work for Jules for a bit" he deserved to know "no idea what im going to do with all my stuff just yet but, you deserve the heads up"

Why do you play with paper, Julian it has nothing but black lines that taste foul the bird informed him obliging him by beginning to tear the paper up
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 10:58 pm

Leaning on the fence, he watched her. "Why bother having a bond?" It really didn't make sense to him. She was acting different with the horse though, and he liked it, it was similar to how she acted with the stock man. "She seems to be." Reminded, he looked over at his sister, who appeared to be busy destroying a bit of paper. "She likes him, it's unusual for her to open up like that. Once we can, we'll go find her orb, she hid it before she got hurt." Interesting that she wasn't going back to New York, but he agreed with it. She suited this place much better. "this place suits you better."

"It's paperwork," he told her, amused as she ripped up the paper. "Having fun there?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 11:05 pm

Pausing in her brushing she shrugged "if you have a bond with them, they'll do more for you, its more like a partnership than being a slave driver" rubbing the geldings wither to see if he was itchy, "I guess its like, why bother having a bond with someone you get trapped with, it makes things easier and you can rely on one another" nodding when he explained that Melissa didn't open up to people claire added "Jules is like that, he can get almost anyone to open up and talk to him" continuing to take her time with the gelding she resumed brushing him "you think so? Thanks"

why work with paper that is ridiculous the bird stated shredding the paper and when that was done put the pieces in a very neat pile
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 11:13 pm

"I see." That made sense, though he probably wouldn't be bothered to do anything like that. As Alkira pressed against his leg, he scratched her behind the ears. "Yeah, you're more open here. You stayed here as a child when you escaped?"

He lifted an eyebrow at her. "Why wouldn't I work with paper? Have you got a better idea?" He pushed another bit of scrap paper towards her, keeping her distracted so he could keep the more important documents nibble-free.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 1:44 pm

Claire continued to groom the animal finding it soothing "Yes, I was brought to him after i was found wandering by Authorities, I was... looking for someone, but i never found them" beginning to deal with the animals mane she decided that she'd just have to hog it and let it grow out in its own time. Offering the horse a treat which it hungrily devoured she removed the halter and set him free, the horse trotting around his paddock before finding a place to eat.

What is the point of it she didn't understand why he was staring at the paper as if there was something important on him. Accepting that he obviously wanted this piece of paper shredded as well the bird ripped it to pieces quite efficiently
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 1:55 pm

"Looking for someone?" That was new, and he tilted his head. He couldn't think of anyone that would have been able to help the girl. "Who was it?" He watched the horse for a moment, still not really interested in them. "How long will it take to get him back to normal?"

"It tells me what I have the money for," he told her, shuffling the papers around, and finally finishing. "Alright, probably time to get dinner ready. Want to help, feathers?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 4:43 pm

Claire nodded, "He visited me when i was in the concrete room, a couple of times a year, monthly if I was lucky" she'd always been bad with faces so she'd never really remembered what he'd looked like. "He gave me the books, and left behind the jacket" watching the horse instead of looking up at him she steeled herself a little and added quietly "He left one day and never came back, it wasn't long after that i managed to escape, I got sick of waiting" it'd been hard, the desire to stay and hope he'd return had had her torn up inside.

Interestng how did simple paper tell him what he had money for? Not quite understanding the bird just hopped up onto his shoulder and tugged at his hair firmly I do not understand how i will be of any help cooking she burned everything
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 8:34 pm

He went quiet, piecing her words together with what Cynder had told him already, and knew that it must have been him. So he visited her plenty, and then stopped. Wondering why he would do that, he touched her shoulder briefly, like he did when he was trying to comfort his sister. "I'm sorry," he murmured, hoping that one day he'd be able to clear it up with her. But at least he knew that he'd see her again once he went back. "Do you think you'll see him again then?"

He tapped her beak. "Those hairs are attached, feathers." He headed inside, filing the papers away and went back into the kitchen. "You can grab me out the ingredients, I'll start teaching you how to cook if you don't know how to."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 10:13 pm

Glancing up at him she appreciated the small gesture, shrugging a little she murmured "I don't know, I don't remember his face or his voice" it was unlikely very unlikely that she'd ever see him again. "All i really would like to do is thank him, whoever he is for making life... easier" the gentle touch to her shoulder was strangely familiar to her although the reason why kept drifting out of reach in her mind. Tacking a slight smile onto her face Claire added "Hope i'm not boring you with doom and gloom, Killi" the nickname had happened somewhere along the line although she couldn't remember where.

The bird attempted to grab his fingers in her beak and missed by a hair, quite comfortable on his shoulder she tilted her head looking around with sharp eyes. I know how to cook i just cannot cook, ask brother he will tell you fetching ingredients like she was some kind of servant, well she didn't have much else to do stuck in this form.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 10:26 pm

A grin flashed across his face, lighting his features for a moment. "I'm sure you'll see him again, seasprite," he murmured, glancing towards the house. His sister's shadow was attached to her again, and he was unconsciously eavesdropping on their conversation too. Amused at the man's offer to teach his sister to cook, he turned his attention back to Claire, equally amused her nickname for him. "Well used to doom and gloom, sunshine." Affection lingered in his gaze unknowingly.

He turned his head to eye her carefully. "Alright. You perch there, and I'll teach you the easy stuff later." He hummed softly as he gathered ingredients for a pasta bake, beginning the easy meal that would feed all of them with no trouble.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 11:26 pm

A little surprised at the nickname she studied him carefully, smiling somewhat as he mentioned he was well used to doom and gloom. There was a certain softness to her gaze that spoke of untold affection for him, he was familiar and did things that made sense. She broke the eye contact "Want to go for a ride? there are a few nices places we can go" it didn't have to be now, just some time before he left, the more time spent with him the more reluctant she was for him to leave. It'd be another person important to her that left, she'd put him on ned, the geldng was responsible enough to take care of him.

Tightening her grip a little when he moved, the bird was silent keeping a close eye on his movements
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 11:32 pm

He shrugged a shoulder, not particularly fussed about riding if there wasn't a purpose behind it. he'd never really enjoyed it, just a way to get from one place to another if he couldn't use the shadows. Still, he liked being with Claire, so he gave a slow nod. "Some time," he promised, tucking his hands into his pockets and changed the subject a little. he wanted to know more about her, she knew all about him, after all. "How long did you stay here as a child?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 11:38 pm

Silently relieved that he would, she was a little surprised at the question "um, until i looked about 21" it was the only way she had to measure years, she'd had an overly elongated childhood thanks to her grandmother "About seven or eight years" she finally clarified after a little thought. Still having a couple of chores to do she began walking gesturing him to come with her, she needed to put together a feed for the gelding. Glancing over at the ginger mare she couldn't help but feel sorry for the animal, having endured ice for many centuries more than she herself had.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 11:48 pm

He nodded, absorbing the information. He walked with her, thinking it through. "Then you went over to New York?" he questioned, still curious. Flicking a glance towards Rose, he gave a quiet sigh, hoping she'd be okay. He'd grown fond of her over the many years he'd known her, and he was simply glad that she was out of Ice's reach now. Hopefully for good. "Here became your home, didn't it?" He turned his attention back to Claire, probing deeper to try and figure out how she worked. He assumed she'd close up if he asked something she didn't want him to know, and he'd respect that. She wasn't prey, after all, and he had his own secrets.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 11:52 pm

She shook her head "no i worked in Oz for a while before heading over to New York, but ths place is home, yes" it was alright for him to ask things, after all she did know an awful lot about him. Apart from Jules not many had shown an interest in her, likely due to the frosty self she became around others. Opening the door to the shed she deftly stepped inside and began sorting out a feed for the standardbred in the paddock, it was safe here and Jules was the only family she had, this place was the only place where she could be herself and how she'd missed it. At a thought some of her shadows left to begin bringing some of her more important things back here.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 11:57 pm

He glanced at the shadows as they left, assuming they'd be bringing some things over from her place. Leaning on the wall of the shed, he watched her. "What work did you do here then? The horses, or like your New York job?" Wondering what she was mixing together, he wandered forward, poking his nose into it. "What do you feed them?" It seemed much more complicated than the armful of hay he'd fed the horses he'd used.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 12:00 am

"A bit of both actually" she replied a bit distracted as she measured and poured feed into the bucket, his question got a long response "Well im wantng to get weight on him so hes going to get fattening foods that'll help him put on muscle and fat" she went on to explain the feeds she had picked and why as well as their pros and cons. Eventually falling silent for fear she'd dumped a bit too much information on the poor man she tucked some escaped hair back behind her ears before mixing it all and adding a little water to stop the chaff from going everywhere. Straightening up she picked up the bucket and stepped out blinking in the bright sunlight a moment
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 12:02 am

He blinked at her long explanation, though he listened carefully just in case. He was used to information dumps, they were often the only way he got to know things, so he'd learned well how to sift through them for the important information. Following her again, he paused at the bright sunshine, wrinkling his nose. He should have been sleeping, but oh well. "What sort of job here?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 12:10 am

Not bothered by the fact that she had feed all over her hands Claire spoke "Did some work at a few horse places then ended up in the force" entering the paddock she set the bucket down and backed off as the gelding turned up and began eating the food with great enthusiasm. Leaving him to it she exited the paddock and wandered back over to Killian "Dinner should be almost ready" Claire commented, studying him affectionately "Dusty reckons its a good one tonight" dusty was the name of the rather quirky shadow that had taken a liking to julian. Instead of communicating through squeaks it whistled not unlike a series of flutes and panpipes, gesturing towards the house she started leisurely wandering in that direction hungry from her day.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 12:47 am

Lost in thought, he simply nodded and followed his instinct, reaching out to tuck her hair behind her ear almost tenderly. Suddenly unsure of himself, he froze, wondering what her response would be, and pulled his hand back, unable to meet her gaze. Dinner sounded like a much better topic of conversation. "Dinner sounds good," he murmured.

Between the falcon and the whistling shadow trying to help, Julian had managed to get the dinner done and the table set without too much burning happened. Guessing that Mel would have hunted if she was hungry, he didn't bother getting her some meat, simply nudging her perch near to where her brother had been sitting for meals.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 11:00 pm

Pausing at the hand she stared at him in open surprise when he tucked her hair behind her ear in a way that seemed tender. Going slightly pink Claire watched as he looked at the ground and murmured something about dinner sounding good, she took his hand for a brief moment wanting to return the almost tender gesture. Once they were close enough to the door of the house she released his hand and entered through the door "Smells good jules, your mares settled in decently too" heading to the bathroom to wash her hands she couldn't help but ask herself what she was doing. She would end up getting herself extremely hurt, this would all end in tears and yet there she was encouraging whatever was happening. Taking a breath she returned to the living room and not understanding she took her plate and sat down at her normal spot too consumed by her thoughts to notice that the space next ot her had been set up for Killian.

Observing the girl and her brother, the falcon on its perch became a little confused, she didn't really understand what was changing due to knowing nothing about gentler affections when it came to romance. Perhaps she'd ask him about it later or Julian, he was fairly decent at answering questions
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 11:12 pm

He squeezed her hand, a little uncertain about what he was doing, and let go without a murmur of protest. Finding that he was set next to Claire, he hesitated before taking the seat. Surely the horse man didn't realise there was something going on, that wasn't possible. Drifting off into his thoughts, he didn't pay attention to the conversation between Claire and the man. He was too busy trying to work out his instincts. They were telling him that Claire was okay, and he should keep going, but he knew that it would only hurt her.
Watching the pair, Julian grinned. It was so obvious there was something happening between them, and neither of them had mentioned a protest at the seating arrangement. "Good to hear, bear. How's yours going, I didn't see too much of him. What are his issues?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 11:18 pm

Green eyes narrowed at the grin, lightly stamping his foot underneath the table to tell him to bugger off she started eating "He's skinny, from what they said at the yard, too slow for the track, gets his tongue over the bit, bucks in harness, kicks, and a bastard to get a bridle on" that and it seemed he wasn't that fond of men but that'd change in time. He had good conformation and was nicely put together, "hes a good project" her features lit up a little at the prospect, she loved having something to do and working with horses was the best kind of having something to do.

Watching her brother melissa paused before jumping onto his shoulder and lightly pecking him What are you thinking about brother? she asked him taking precautions that only he could hear her. More than sick of being a bird she wanted nothing more than to be a human again
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 11:22 pm

He just laughed when his foot got stamped on. "Good, sounds like he's right up your alley." With his eyes twinkling, he stuffed his face with food, watching her in amusement. "Just remember not to rush with him, alright? Take you time in working out what's making him buck, he could be sore, it could just be bad habits."

Killian wrinkled his nose at the pecking he got, and tugged on his sister's tail feathers lightly. The girl, he murmured, eyeing Julian to make sure he couldn't hear them either. My instincts say that she's special, but it's confusing. We both need to go back as soon as we can. It would only hurt her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost at sea, time and space
Page 11 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next