The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lost at sea, time and space

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 10:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Killian and Skye got their hands on an ancient magical doohickey that suddenly carked into life and sent him down the worm hole of time and space and after at some point during this slip saw a TARDIS and a couple of OOD ended up finding himself in a comfortable enough apartment heavily influenced by a love f the sea. Claire has been working at the FBI for a number of years now after escaping Ices rule, coming home late one night she finds the pirate that she knows exceedingly well despite never having met him before. Finally poor innocent flower crown lamb hearted baby nathan got himself sent back in time because of the ancient magical doohickey and landed face first on skyes ship with his only belongings being what he had in his pack at the time and the clothes on his back. With the doohickey broken and in killians possession for now Ices shadows have picked up on what happened and are now searching for him and the magical doohickey.
Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 B997213d5bc01eab9d9521198e166690
^ said ancient magical doohickey
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 1:26 am

He placed the bits of wood on the table near her, making sure he didn't scare her. Not caring that she was a bird, and probably didn't understand him, he began to talk to her again, explaining what he was doing and why as his skilled hands got to work. "You're going to need a proper cage, I know that. Unfortunately, I don't have one just yet, so..." He paused, frowning at the wood. it wasn't going as he planned. Finding the problem, he fixed it, and resumed speaking. "I'll make you a perch to start with. Something you can sleep on until I get a cage for you." He glanced at her, studying her curiously. "It'll be bigger than the trap, don't worry. And it will only be closed at night. You'll have free reign of the house during the day if that's what you want."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 1:41 am

She walked over to where he was standing and paid attention to what his hands were doing as well as listening to him. Looking from the man to the wood he was working with, Melissa was relieved to hear that she wouldn't have to spend all of her time trapped in a cage. Moving a little closer a foot reached out and firmly grasped his arm before the other did the same. Clambering up so she could stand on his shoulder she resumed watching what he was doing listening carefully still. He seemed to like explaining things even if he likely thought she couldn't understand him it was nice, she settled down a little although her thoughts returned to her brother again and again wondering where he was and where her shadow was.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 1:50 am

He paused what he was doing when her talons touched him, wary of what she'd do, but she only seemed to want to perch on his shoulder, so he let her, continuing his work. "If you're going to stay, you're going to need jesses, too," he murmured, finishing the rough perch and studying it critically. "Could be better, I suppose, but it'll do for now. I'll make you a better one for your aviary." He glanced sideways at her, making sure she was steady before he moved and wedged the perch somewhere he felt was suitable. Getting out another piece of meat, he placed it on the perch, hoping to get her interested in it enough to walk down his arm and onto the bit of wood.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 12:48 pm

Anaytically inspecting the creation brown eyes blinked once before she shifted her weight slightly on his shoulder comfortable enough there. She didn't understand or know what 'jesses' were and was a little confused by the term. Soon enough he'd finished what he'd set out to create, he kept speaking to her which was nice at least then she knew what was going on. He appeared to want her to stand on the wooden thing he had made, she didn't exactly see the point. What had he called it? A perch, that was for sleeping on apparently, well she didn't need to sleep right now perhaps it was trying it out? Rustling her good wing she resignedly balanced her way down his arm and hopped onto it turning to look at him as if to say Satisfied? still full from eating before she eyed the meat for a moment before ignoring it deciding it wasn't worth eating if you were already full.

Claire didn't return home until late, in her tired state she half forgot abotu the pirate that was in her home and almost shot him again before it clicked. Murders were draining cases, but at least they were interesting, making killian not hog the entire couch she sat at her favourite end of it with a sigh her head falling back against the back of the couch her eyes closing.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 12:59 pm

“Sassy thing, aren’t you?” A smile crossed his face for a moment as he watched. “At least you didn’t reject it. That’s good.” He offered his arm to her again, wondering if she’d want to stay on the perch, or would rather come with him. “Got a few youngsters to work on. Since you can’t fly, don’t see the problem with you coming along.”

Killian moved his feet for her, watching her. “You look tired,” he said bluntly. He’d managed to get a good amount of sleep curled on the roof, and had raided the strange white cold box with Mana. Finding a few of the books she had in the house, he’d kept himself occupied once the sun had gone down, fascinated with what they were writing about now. He needed to let Alkira out to hunt somewhere, but from his brief look the night before, the city wouldn’t be a good place to let her out. There were too many people, and not enough prey for her.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 1:19 pm

She didn't hesitate when the arm was offered and stepped onto him, her talons gripping him firmly but taking care not to dig too sharply into his skin as he didn't have a leather guard on his arm or hand. Clambering up onto his shoulder again she appeared to favour his left shoulder more than the right one. Settling herself down the falcon blinked and looked at the human wondering what it was he did with young horses. Admittedly she'd only had experience with using them to get to one place to another when her wings couldn't take her there.

her eyes oepened and she looked at him "Yes, another murder. Body found in large cask of wine, been in there long enough turned the wine to vinegar and the body into well soup" that had not been a pretty sight. But she'd seen worse, hungry but not wanting to get up she sighed, there was no evidence thus far of what had happened. There was barely any tissue left, so they would be relying mainly on the bones to figure out what had gone on. A song came to mind making her hum tune quietly to herself, her eyes closing again.

Nathan curled up in the corner of his cell woke up hearing a general clatter and rumpus, struggling up he rubbed his eyes and wandered up onto deck to find them heading towards another ship with the cannons primed and ready. Doing a swift one eighty he turned and went back to his cell curling up in there again, "Yay" he muttered "more stuff i can't do. Snake you'd fit in reall well here"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 1:53 pm

Whistling to himself, he made his way outside, moving more easily once he worked out the falcon could balance herself. Catching one of the youngsters, he led them into the round yard, and offered his wrist to the falcon. “Can’t have you on my shoulder, sheila. Best stay on the fence.” Leaving her there, he got to work with the young filly, teaching her how to accept the feel of a bitless bridle, and a bit of weight on her back, going at the horse’s pace and not rushing her.

He considered the news. “Amateur,” he commented. “Though they tried well enough.” Putting the book aside, he studied her carefully. “Hungry?” At the word, Alkira lifted her head from where she was lying, eager to go hunting, and grumbled when he simply patted her gently. “I know,” he murmured. “We’ll find somewhere soon.” For now, he could offer Claire some toast, since that was all he’d worked out how to make with the strange objects in what she called the kitchen.

Skye barely noticed Nathan’s appearance and quick disappearance, too busy organising her crew and the ship to be in the best place to win. Her hair had escaped from the braid and was flying about her face, a drawn cutlass in her hand and her eyes alight with fire. Flicking her hand, she tossed a ball of flames toward the enemy ship, beginning the battle. Her crew were used to her use of magic, and it usually got them the upper hand to let them win.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 5:58 pm

The bird perched on the wood it had been offered, what on earth was whatever it was he'd said? She moved along the fence watching the way the man worked with the horse. It was vastly different from what she had seen others do with them, usually it had been harsher and heavier on the horse and so his gentleness was an interesting surprise. The warm sun on her feathers was nice as well, she inspected the dressing on her aching wing, trying to figureo ut what had been put on the bites

She shrugged "which would mean it is more spur of the moment than properly thought out" at the mention of food she glanced over at him "If you can be bothered making something that'd be great" she smiled slightly in silent gratitude before yawning and flopping onto her side curling up a little. "depending on what she feels like there are plenty of stray animals loitering the shadows after sunset, or down in the sewer if she can tolerate the stink"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 7:38 pm

He kept an eye on the falcon, making sure that if she freaked out he’d be able to work out the issue quickly enough. With the filly comfortable with the bridle on her now, he took it off, rubbing between her eyes as reward. “Good girl,” he murmured. “You’re going to be good for some young girl now, aren’t you, hm? Pretty girl.” Haltering the gentle natured animal, he offered his arm to the falcon before taking the horse back to her paddock. The sun was starting to vanish behind the hills, and he was getting hungry.

He got to his feet, wandering into the kitchen to fiddle with the machine that cooked bread. Leaving one of his shadows there to watch it, he returned to lean on the doorway between the rooms to watch her. “No one will try to kill her?” He couldn’t get his jackal killed, just as she couldn’t let her dragon be seen and killed. Alkira was already perked up, ready to go hunt for her meal, but he didn’t let her go just yet, wary of what might happen to her if she was seen in such a busy city. She wasn’t exactly unnoticeable. Hearing his shadow squeaking, he turned back to the toast making machine to finish put some of the cheese he’d found on it, and melt it before bringing it over to Claire. “Eat,” he said simply.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 8:38 pm

She was interested and thus continued observing the man work with the pretty mare. He was training her to sell her to a little girl? Interesting, she was in a place to learn a great deal it seemed. He offered her his arm and with a soft noise the bird stepped onto his arm before clambering up to his shoulder again sticking her beak in his ear a moment as she lost her balance for a moment. The bird straightened up again wondering where her shadow was yet again, it was strange that it was not here and was weird. She was so used to having it there, rustling her feathers a moment the bird sighed silently.

Claire thought about it "She should be able to use some of your shadows to hide her like how Cynder hides in my casting shadow. It is harder to do it in normal shadows but it is possible, if she dosent mind the company Cynder can go with her to keep an eye out" Accepting the food she sat up again to eat it without complaint, finishing the bread she sighed quietly "well if you get bored hanging out in here, you can tag along at work tomorrow" she suddenly grinned at the idea "It'd be funny"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 9:07 pm

He made a soft noise when he found a beak in his ear, flinching out of instinct. Letting the filly go, he ventured to stroke the falcon’s feathered back softly a couple of times before he headed for the shed to put the halter away and feed the dogs. Confident that the dogs wouldn’t scare her this time, since they were being decidedly noisy at the prospect of being fed, he let her stay on his shoulder. Walking through and feeding the dogs, he talked to them as was his habit, and finally made his way back into the house to prepare food for himself, still talking softly to the falcon.

He tilted his head, exchanging a glance with his jackal. She seemed fine to go along with a few of his shadows, so he went and opened the door for them to slip out, coming back to perch on the other end of the couch. “Work? What sort of work?” It would be interesting to go with her, but he was a nocturnal creature through and through, and he didn’t really want to mess up his ways. Unless she was called on a night job. Now that would be even more interesting. All the ways he and his shadows could get up to mischief. A light glinted in his eyes at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 10:22 pm

The soft noise was strange, if she had to put a specific word to it it would almost be cute, except it wasn't as she didn't think things like that. Accepting the stroke to her feathers she glared at the dogs as they yapped loudly, dogs.... they are awful brothers jackal was alright because she would not hurt her. Listening to the man talk to them as he fed them she couldn't help but wonder why he needed so many, not that she could ask. Stupid cat, if she found it again she would kill it, when he began speakign to her instead she paid a little more attention her head swivelling to watch him intently.

"dealing with idiots all day that hate me and solving murders by people who really need to plan them better. Now that i think of it, probably not up your alley" getting up she set the plate down in the sink not actually owning a dishwasher. She'd wash up in the morning, dealing with people left her stupidly tired, so very tired. She returned to the couch staring at her hands "I need to find a job where i dont have to talk to people" she muttereed to herself,
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 10:41 pm

He made a good meal for himself, putting her on her perch with some meat while he ate, trying to work out where to keep her for the night. Deciding that she couldn’t get into much trouble without use of her wings, he stroked her back again, and turned the lights in the kitchen out once he’d cleaned up. “Night, sheila.” He headed off to bed, moving confidently through the dark house.

Her words made him smirk, making himself more comfortable. “I could give you a few murders if you want a challenge,” he offered, mischief glinting in his gaze briefly. “Though I suppose you’d get annoyed because you wouldn’t be able to solve them.” He tilted his head, watching her. She seemed so very tired. “You should go to bed. It’s easier to deal with people when you’re not tired.” He’d tidy up for her, as thanks for letting him stay. He didn’t mind.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 11:23 am

Ending back on her perch she was pleased enough when he set more meat out for her. She began eating the meat contentedly, listening when he stroked her back. She blinked when the lights were flicked out and gave a soft screech of farewell bidding him goodnight she began preening what feathers she could. Soon finishing she yawned and settled down to sleep. She awoke when the first rays of the sun hit her cage, fluffing out her feathers she wondered where abouts the man was, she didn't even know his name. She screeched calling out, wanting something to eat and something to do, stretching out her good wing she called out again. He should be up as soon as the suns light touched the sky.

Claire sighed as she got up onto her feet "people are draining" she explained simply "I don't have great people skills" she murmured. She went to bed and stayed there until her phone made a loud noise at her at about four. Answering and listening to the voice at the other end of the line she grumbled to herself and got up to pull on her clothes, entering the living room she cast a tired look at him "yet another corpse" she mumbled, pulling her hair into a messy bun and shrugging into a jacket.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 12:00 pm

It had been a long time since he’d been woken at the crack of dawn, and he grumbled under his breath. When the second screech came, he sighed and got up. Ignoring her so that she wouldn’t think yelling at him would get a response, he took his time to get ready for breakfast before he came out into the kitchen. Giving her a narrow look. “You need to learn to sleep in, bird.” He got breakfast for himself before he gave her something. While she was occupied in eating, he inspected her wing, making sure that she hadn’t worried at it. Offering her his wrist, he spoke again. “Coming? Got work to do, since you decided to wake me up early.”

Once she was in bed, he saw to tidying up what he’d used, poking around to find where everything went. Feeling uneasy without Alkira around, even though it was normal for her to go hunting, he spent the better part of the night on the small balcony, alternating between watching the sky, and watching the going ons of the city streets. It was such a busy place, even late at night. Her movements made him turn around, and he watched her for a moment. “Mind if I tag along?” He didn’t want to be cooped up much longer, and he knew that Alkira was almost home. He could meet his jackal on the way down and make sure she was alright.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 5:59 pm

Seeing him finally up she expectantly waited with surprising patience not screeching again, once food was provided he was ignored whilst her beak tore into the meat. She kept an eye on him as he inspected her wing, just because there was food didn't mean she wouldn't bite or swipe at him if it hurt. Finished with the breakfast she stepped onto his wrist watching him focusedly, Of course I am coming do you honestly expect me to want to stand on a piece of wood all day? When will my wing be suitable to begin building up muscle for flight? of course he hadn't understood her and instead nattered on about how he had work to do. He would have been further through in his work if he had gotten up with the sun like a normal person should.

Claire shrugged "Knock yourself out" it would be interesting to see how her colleagues would respond to her bringing someone along for once. As far as they knew she was a cold hearted bitch who had no friends, which suited her just fine, people weren't worth the time and effort that was put into them. Books were better. Leading him down through the building, with mana stowing away in one of killians pockets, claire found her small car in the parking area and sat down in the drivers seat with a sigh.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 6:41 pm

“Don’t give me that look.” He patted his shoulder, inviting her to climb up. “You better be a quick learner. I’m in the saddle all day.” Not bothering to pack anything to eat while he was gone, he strode outside, heading for the paddock that his stallion was. The grey horse was already at the fence, nickering in greeting and prancing with excitement. With easy, unhurried movements, Julian groomed and saddled the stallion, talking to both animals as he did. Finding his hat, he tugged it on and swung into the saddle, glancing at the falcon. “Hold tight, sheila.” The stallion surged forward, eager to get going, and Julian guided him skilfully, heading for the hills.

Her phrase confused him, and he tilted his head, trying to work it out. Deciding to ignore it, he simply followed her, his hands tucked into his pockets to hide the scars. Shadows clustered around him before spreading out to hide in the casted shadows of buildings and people. Alkira met them at the door of the bottom floor, blood splattered on her muzzle. She’d hunted well, and was content to stay beside Killian once again. He studied the strange horseless carriage for a while, wary of going inside it. “What’s that?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 7:40 pm

She clambered up onto his shoulder and settled there, content to ride there for now. Observing how he interacted with the stallion that was so eager to see him, she'd never seen a horse be that happy to see a human and admittedly it confused her a little. Her claws tightened slightly as he swung up into the saddle, balancing herself she ignored the surging forward of the horse her beak and face lifted up to inspect the sky. A quiet noise sounded from the bird, staring up at the blue sky that stretched over them, a few clouds were at the edges of the horizon. A painful desire to be up there soaring through the nothingness up there, to feel the wind brushing over her fingers, and to ride the gulleys and troughs that were well hidden.

Openin the passanger door she gestured "It wont eat you, Trains were around in your time, rare but you heard of them yes? They work by steam, this works similarly but powered with something else in place of steam so we don't have to have a fire in here all the time. we call them vehicles" despite being tired she remembered enough of her various years studying pirates and the kind of technologies available to them then. "I wouldn't let my shadows in here if it was't safe" well safe enough.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 8:02 pm

Julian returned home as the sun was setting, Ghost too tired to even pick up his walk once he spotted home. It had been a good day’s work, the top paddock fences had all needed to be replaced, and it was a long ride to and from. But it kept the stallion fit and working, which was always a good thing. Swinging down from the saddle, Julian tethered the stallion and unsaddled him before leading him over to the hose. It was still hot enough that a quick wash wouldn’t do him any harm, and the horse was covered in dry sweat. Still humming softly under his breath, Julian tended to the stallion and released him into the paddock with the night’s feed before seeing to the rest of his horses and the dogs. Then it was finally time for his own dinner. He was starving.

He eyed her warily, but her shadows didn’t seem bothered, so he slid into the car, Alkira hopping in to sit at his feet. He studied his surroundings, noting the places that he could escape through if need be, and gave a soft sigh. “Where are we going and what is the issue?” He wanted to know everything she did. Maybe he’d learn a thing or two to confuse the people back in his own time when he finally went back.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 8:12 pm

The bird hadn't paid much attention to what had happened that day, her gaze staring up at the mass of blue that she yearned for. She remained affixed to his shoulder during his activities, not bothered by much, the horses and dogs ignored although a foul untrusting look was thrown their way. Dogs.... However they were eventually inside, she left his shoulder of her own accord to perch on the back of a couch. Making the best of things with her single wing she managed to pick a path up to a window sill that she clasped tightly. The stars that were now flickering into life in the darkened sky caused a wave of homesickness to rush over her, where was her brother. Was he still alive in this time and age? Or had something happened and he'd died because she hadn't been there to watch his back. Her talons had gripped the wood of the sill tightly at her thoughts, she couldn't even glide down to the floor with one wing, it was useless. What was the point in being a bird if she was unable to fly and experience the only true freedom she'd ever really known or understood?

Claire concentrated on getting themselves out onto the road "Hold on, traffic can get a little nuts here" she told him beginning to expertly manouver them through the heavy lanes of traffic. It was now clear why she had a small car, it could squeeze into smaller gaps more easily. "Place out by the docks, human torso found in completely clean shipping container. No wounds apart from that, although the vet who found her reckons her organs have been removed" she explained at least it was a more interesting case than the wine turned to vinegar one
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 8:21 pm

Making dinner for himself, Julian glanced over at the bird. She seemed homesick, which he didn’t find all that unusual. She was a bird, supposed to be able to fly. He knew his horses got depressed enough when they couldn’t run, there was little difference to him. She did seem to be managing well with just one wing though, which was good. Hopefully it wouldn’t take too long to heal, and then he could get her working to strengthen it. “You’ll be fine, sheila. Vet said it would take a couple of weeks, then you’ll be flying again.” He continued to talk as he resumed his dinner, leaving some meat on her perch after making sure she’d be able to get there on her own from where she was. “You’ll be back in the skies in no time. Though I really need to get you a proper aviary for nights, and jesses so you won’t be considered a pest animal. I’ll have to get those tomorrow.”

The noise of the car spooked his shadows more than anything else, and they clustered in his lap, shivering. Between them, Alkira and Killian managed to calm the little things before he sent one of his most trusted out to search for his sister. Her shadow was still too scared to leave him, but gave out enough information for the other to work off to find his sister. “Hmm. Sounds like someone who knew what they were doing. What’s a vet?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 8:37 pm

A couple of weeks, when the past two days had seemed so long and arduous. Abandoning the sill and returning to the back of the couch she stared at nothing, once she had her wings she would go back and find that orb. She would some how make it work again, so this place would be left behind and the correct time enveloped her once again. What are jesses, you have not explained those, and I do not like cages. I am not some obedient thing to be locked away like what ice did to us the thoughts were bitter and almost snide, perhaps it was better that for her now words fell on empty ears. The creatures brown eyes closed, she was weak, letting pain like this have any control over her, what about the years of torture she had endured so that she would not spill secrets if she were captured? Here she was, an assassin bested by a pathetic cat, trapped in her bird form and with one wing pinned to her side. Venomous eyes flicked back open and stared down at the items that restricted the movement of the wing, remembering she wasn't alone she looked away directing a blank stare at the wall again. She would remain cool and controlled around the human, as if she were in her human shape herself, returning to her perch like a good little bird she rested there waiting.

"Vet is like a doctor for animals, usually pretty costly" she explained glancing at his shadows. Mana peeped out of the pocket he'd stowed away in before turning into his kitten shape and nosed some of the younger ones "Its okay, it growls like a grumpy bear but is all noise and no bite" he assured them in his innocent child like way. The woman continued "yes, which is why i'm kicking the other case to Micheal and his team, and claiming this one as at least its interesting"

Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 8:49 pm

“Oh, you’re a grumpy thing, aren’t you. Don’t worry, it’s understandable.” He moved around to stroke her back gently, trying to comfort her. “You’re going to hate the cage, I know, but I have to. Unless somehow you manage to understand to keep yourself neat and tidy while I’m asleep, hm?” Wondering if she wanted to move around, he offered her his hand to stand on, letting her make the decision to perch on his shoulder, or stay where she was. He noticed the bad tempered look she gave to the bindings, and smiled slightly. “Need to keep them on if you want to fly, pretty girl.”

The young shadows squeaked at Mana, speaking to him in their pirate speech as they began to get more comfortable with the strange noises of the new place. “What do you think of it so far, then?” He glanced at her, surprisingly comfortable in the strange horseless carriage. Though he’d long stopped allowing himself to be surprised by strange things. It was too distracting from his hunts. It was enough that it got him from place to place, he could deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 9:21 pm

When he began to move she looked over at him, listening to his words she would have huffed if she could. She did not get grumpy, she was a robot, she had no emotions and never let them influence her decisions. Cool, calm, collected, that was what she had been trained to be although admittedly it was harder to be that like this. He was allowed to stroke her, she could most definitely be tidy when it came to bodily functions, she was not some ignorant sparrow. Inspecting the hand she firmly stepped onto it, not having touched the food left out for her. She wasn't hungry in the first place, however a sharp look was flicked his way at his last words. Flattery got one nowhere in the grand scheme of things.

Listening to mana happily adopt their way of speaking Claire smiled slightly before growing serious once more "I'm not sure, I don't like to make conclusions about cases until i have some evidence. Which is where the shadows come in, they're excellent at picking up what my idiot coworker misses in his ravings"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 9:42 pm

With the battle over and won, and her crew dealing with looting the enemy ship, Skye pushed her blood soaked hair out of her face, only just registering that she’d been hurt in the fight. Ignoring the blood and the twinges of pain, she made her way below decks, nimbly picking her way through to the brig. “Oi, dreamer. You said you could do basic first aid. Get scooting with those fingers.” Her eyes were still glittering with the aftermath of the excitement. There wasn’t much that could get her this charged up, but winning a battle usually did the trick.

“Well, you seem to understand more than normal, so we’ll see how it goes again tonight. Last night was pretty good.” He began to hum softly again as he finished cooking his meal, turning the tv on to watch absently as he perused through the latest horse ads in the paper and ate his dinner. He wasn’t sure whether he’d be selling the filly he’d been working with the day before, and it helped to know what people were looking before while he made a decision.

So the world was still populated with idiots who thought they knew what they were doing. Good to know. Killian went silent, thinking through everything that had happened, keeping an eye on the shadow scouting for his sister. All they knew what that she was somewhere across the sea many hours away. “What’s a place that’s hot, dry, and many hours from here?” Maybe Claire would know, since she’d grown up in this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost at sea, time and space
Page 3 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next