The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

As the Roo Bounces

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:38 pm

Luna is discovering her passion for horses and riding, and is in need of a teacher willing to give her the basic idea. Julian, as always, is busy with his stud farm and training horses, but might have time to squeeze a student in.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:51 pm

Luna drove carefully up the dirt driveway with sparkling blue eyes. She was a fresh out of the city young woman who had moved out to take over the books for her Uncles farm and he had arranged for her to fulfil a life long dream of hers. Parking she exited her car and looked around with a large smile. She was finally going to learn how to ride.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:59 pm

Hearing the car, Julian looked up from his paperwork, wondering who the visitor was. He'd had a few conversations with one of his neighbours about taking on a student, and guessed that this would be the one. She certainly had the fancy looking car for it. Leaving the paperwork on the verandah table, he tugged his hat on and wandered over to the edge, leaning on the supporting post as he watched her. First impression was a naïve city slicker, but he was open to have his mind changed.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 10:50 pm

Luna gazed around in wonder until she spotted a man watching her from the porch and she shyly made her way over. "Hi, Im Luna. Are you Mr Julian?" she said holding her hand out once she was before him. She couldn't help but wonder what he saw when he looked at her and she figured it was along the lines of her not fitting in. Her car was a small Kia Rio that she was paying off and she was still kind of surprised that nothing had happened to it yet.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 10:55 pm

"Miss Luna." He headed down the stairs to shake her hand. "Just Julian is fine. You're the one who's uncle spoke to me then." He studied her, his sharp gaze sweeping over her body before settling on her face. "What do you want to get out of this, missy?" It was the standard question he asked of his students, using it to gauge just how committed they would be to learning to ride, and how well they'd deal with his instructions.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 11:16 pm

Luna blushed softly and nodded a few time. "Yes that's me." she said as he looked her over. His question had her tilting her head as she thought it over deeply. "I want to be able to ride which I guess is a given but I also want to be able to care for the horse and be able to get in sync with them so that neither of us get hurt." she finally replied after a few minutes of thinking, "I want to be able to be the rider any horse would love to have on their back." Her blush deepened as she looked at the ground by her boots worried he would think that she was being silly.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 11:24 pm

He considered her. "Alright, I'll give you a few lessons on trial, we'll see how you go. What's your experience with horses? Anything?" He knew the answers to most of his questions from talking to the girl's uncle, but she should tell him as well. He tipped his hat back, pushing his hair out of his face. He'd get her on old Ned first, see how she went with the gentle easy going gelding. Judging her strength, he wrinkled his nose slightly. She probably wouldn't be able to lift the heavy saddles he used.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 11:32 pm

Her head shook when he asked if she had any experience with horses. "None unless you count pony rides as a kid. Living in the city makes it hard to find anywhere to learn anything other than in books. Even then im sure there is much that could be wrong." she told him truthfully. "I have some money to buy a saddle to use also, but I didn't know what one to buy." She knew that she would need a saddle of her own at some point, one that would fit her and the horse she was riding but her knowledge of them was small and know her she would have gotten the wrong one.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 11:45 pm

He nodded, beginning to head to Ned's paddock. "Alright, at least you're honest. This way." Ducking into the shed to get a rope halter, he showed t to the girl, explaining as he walked. "I tend to use these ones, they're easier and quicker than buckle halters. Now, my horses are stock horses. That means I've trained them a specific way to round up my cattle and sheep. Depending on what you eventually want to go into, I can only teach you so much with them." Getting to the paddock, he ducked through the fence, and handed her the halter. "First lesson is catching him. You want the dark bay gelding over there. Don't go near the grey, he's a stallion." He pointed out the horses, intending to follow her to make sure she did it right. "Pat him between the eyes when you get over to him, and slide the lead rope over his neck. He'll stay with you then. Slip this bi of the halter over his nose," he pointed to the noseband. "And the long bit goes behind his ears. I'll tie the knot for you this time."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Luna kept close to Julian as he began to walk towards a paddock holding dark grey and grey horse. She paused outside the shed and looked in only to back away swiftly as he came back out holding what looked like a halter. She listened intently as he explained why he used rope halters and that he had trained his horses a stocks. She took a few deep breaths before she ducking into the paddock beside the man and accepted the halter. "What if the stallion comes near or to me?" she asked worried. She stowed his instructions into her mind as he pointed to each bit and told her where they went. She slowly walked towards the gelding so as to not startle him with any sudden movements and she slowly reached her hand out to pat him gently. Talking to him softly she slipped the lead rope over his neck before carefully sliding the nose band on and she then pulled the longer piece of rope up behind his ears and through the loop.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 12:03 am

"He won't," Julian said simply, watching her critically. "No need to be scared of them, they're pretty much bombproof." Reaching over her, he tied the knot off, nodding sharply. "Alright, take him over to the gate. I'll be with you in a moment." Not wait for a response, he veered off to greet the stallion, scratching the powerful horse's neck in affection as he spoke quietly to him. The horse nickered in greeting, prancing on the spot as he showed off, and nudged Julian, looking for treats. The man only laughed and pushed him away. "No treats today, big fella. Gotta do some work first." Leaving the stallion there to graze, he caught up to the girl, opening the gate for her and the horse. "Ever brushed a horse before, sheila?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 12:30 am

She tried to memorise how he tied the knot but Julian did it a bit to fast for her to be sure that she had gotten it. She nodded quietly as she gripped the lead rope by the halter and at the end so it didn't drag as she clicked her tongue taking a step forward. She lead the bay over to the gate and looked back to see her instructor leaving the grey stallions side to come meet back up with her. "No I haven't but I have read how to." she told him walking out of the paddock with gelding in tow.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 12:36 am

"Aright then." He moved in front of her, pointing to the hitching area he used. "He'll go to his spot, just let him. Hold him there a moment, I'll grab your brushes then show you how to tie him up." Ducking back into the shed, he came out with the needed tools, and balanced them on the crossways post before taking the rope. "Okay, like this." He showed her how to tie it slowly, and then released it, handing her the rope. "Show me."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 8:47 am

Luna headed for the hitching area and let the lead rope slide through her hands as the hit they the hitching area. Following the gelding to his spot she held the lead rope with both hands until Julian returned with some brushes. Her eyes locked onto his hands and the rope as he tied the bay up before getting her to do it also. Slowly she copied his moves until she had the knot done and stepped back slightly for him to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 11:06 am

Pushing the gelding's head away as he nuzzled the back of his neck, Julian undid the knot. "Almost. Try again. You need to be able to release it fast in case something goes wrong." As the horse nudged him again, he absently scratched the dark neck, watching the girl critically.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 1:47 pm

Luna nodded when she was told to do it again as it wasnt quite right and she bit her lower lip as she ran though his actions in her mind again before attempting the knot for a second time. "Is that better?" She asked dropping her hands off the lead rope. She looked up at Julian with a hopeful look in her blue eyes.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 2:12 pm

"Passable," he told her. "You'll get better with practice." Pushing the gelding's head out of his hair again, he indicated the brushes. "Show me what you've read, we'll see how right you are." He didn't bother talking to her about pricing yet, the first lesson was only a trial in case either one of them decided that it wouldn't work out.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 3:36 pm

Luna nodded as her second knot was deamed passable and she knew that she would be practicing the knot until she had it perfect. Picking up the soft brush she stepped up to the bays left side and began to run it over him in brisk short strokes following the lay of his pelt.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 3:43 pm

Picking out a piece of straw from his hat band, Julian chewed on it as he leaned against the wooden fencing that Ned was tied to. His green-gold eyes stayed on the girl, watching her as she brushed the horse, not saying anything for a while. Eventually he spoke. "No need to make it perfect, as long as there's no mud or brambles tangled in the coat he's fine."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 3:57 pm

Luna paused blushing as Julian pointed out her careful brushing. "Ok Julian." She replied and went back to her work that went much faster now that she wasn't trying to get the gelding's coat perfectly clean. Running a careful eye over the bay she couldn't see any bumbles or clumps of mud left and so looked over at Julian briefly as she placed the brush down and picked up the hoof pick. She hesiated less confident with it than the brush but yaking a deep breath she stepped forward and ran her hand down the front leg of the horse before asking for his hoof with light pressure.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 4:02 pm

He lifted an eyebrow. "Let me show you. He's stubborn." Taking the hoof pick from her, he leaned on the horse's leg hard, pushing him off balance so that he could pick the hoof up. "I did them all this morning regardless, so he's pretty clean." Picking out the meagre amount of mud there in quick strokes, he let the hoof go. "I'll do the rest, be quicker." He kept going, swiftly finished, he shoved the pick in his back pocket for safe keeping. "Let's see how strong you are. Come on." He led her into the shed, pointing out Ned's bridle. "That one." Hauling the heavy stock saddle off the rack, he headed back outside, resting it on the fence next to the horse. "Never saddled a horse?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 4:23 pm

Luna handed the pick over and watched as he forced his weight against the geldings side so he could pick the hoof up. "Do you always have to be that forceful?" She asked curiously as he cleaned the hoof before tending to the rest. She stuck close to him as they entered the shed and she looked around with wide eyes. Seeing Julain pointing to a bridle she grabbed it, making sure she was also holding the reins before hurrying after him as he carried the saddle. "No but i know it needs to sit just behind the weither." She replied still holding the bridle.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 4:42 pm

"With him, yeah. They're not high strung horses, stockhorses. More on the lazy side, and rather stubborn." He flashed her a quick grin. "I've trained them to be bombproof and unfussed by movements around them. So because of that, they tend to need a bit more encouragement on the groundwork side of things. Each horse is different though. I've had a few that would pick up their feet as soon as they saw the pick." Picking up the saddle pad, he rested it on the horse's back, explaining what he was doing as he did it. "You want this further forward than the saddle, it protects their shoulders and rubs." Getting the saddle, he heaved it over the horse's back in a smooth movement, settling it nicely on the blanket. "Good point of reference is the girth. If it's right in their armpits, you got it in roughly the right position. It'll settle into the right spot as they keep moving." Finished with the tacking up, he picked up the bridle. "You'll tack him up if we continue lessons. Today's just a trial." Showing her how to bridle him, finally the horse was ready, and he handed the reins to her. "Round yard, let's go."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Luna nodded slowly and returned his smile. "By bombproof you mean they arent jumpy right? So that if something goes wrong they remain calm." She said with a tilted head. She moved closer to watch him as he placed the saddle blanket on and explained its perpose before following it with the saddle. "So it needs to sit just behind the front legs. How do you know if its tight enough?" She questioned hoping he didnt mind her questions as she watched him put the geldings bridle on before handing her the reins. Holding like she did the lead rope she clicked her tongue and started towards the round yard. "How heavy is the saddle? It looks heavy." She mentioned as they walk. She knew that if it was to heavy she would most likely end up on her ass if she wasnt used to lifting its weight and there would be nothing more embarrassing than that especially in front of a hit guy like Julian.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 5:07 pm

"Yep, they're trained to deal with anything that'll startle them. The girth, you just need to be able to slip your hand flat between it and the skin, and that's tight enough." He nodded at her, taking her hand and sliding it down the reins a bit more. "Give him his head a bit, leave a good distance between your hand and his chin. Lets them feel more comfortable, so will stay calmer." Opening the round yard gate, he led her in, closing it behind them. "Fairly heavy. it's all leather, and got more additions on it than the typical english saddle you'll in riding schools."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

As the Roo Bounces Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As the Roo Bounces
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: