The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

As the Roo Bounces

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luna is discovering her passion for horses and riding, and is in need of a teacher willing to give her the basic idea. Julian, as always, is busy with his stud farm and training horses, but might have time to squeeze a student in.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 9:05 pm

After walking into the yard she slipped her hand under the geldings girth to feel how tight it should feel. "So I will probably drop it or end up on my butt when I try to put it on." she summarised with a nod, "Is the extra stuff for holding rope and such for rounding up the cattle and sheep?" She stood facing him as one hand ran over the bays neck slowly.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 9:42 pm

He grinned, standing near her. "Probably. Takes a bit of practice to carry them easily. I'd really rather you didn't drop it, though. They're quite expensive. Nah, that's the American way. I use it for fencing repair things and tools like that. I only round up with dogs, not rope." Moving over to her, he stood on the left side of the horse with her. "Now, grab the reins in your left hand, a chunk of mane won't hurt either. Left foot in the stirrup, right hand on the horn of the saddle, and up you pop." If she needed help, he was there to give her a leg up, but she deserved a try first. She was asking intelligent questions, and he was getting the impression that she really wanted to learn.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Luna nodded in understanding when Julian explained he used the extra bits for carrying tools and the like to repair fences and whatnot on the farm. "Oh I see. Must make it easier when you are checking the fences." she said watching as he came closer. Following his instructions she grabbed the reins and a good chuck of the geldings mane and with the horn in her right hand, foot in the stirrup she hooped a few times before trying to swing her leg of the horse rump. It ended up being a bit of a scramble as she wasn't quite high enough for a smooth mount but she got up on her own.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 11:13 pm

"That it does," he confirmed. Putting his hand on her butt he gave her a boost, grinning at her scramble. "Ned is a tall one, sorry about that. But you'll get better with practice. Now." He moved to the horse's shoulder, showing her how to hold the reins. "He's got a soft mouth, the tiniest touch will tell him what to do. Lean forward, and he'll start moving. Lean back and he'll slow or stop. Lean forward suddenly and off balance and he'll stop dead. He tries to keep his rider safe." Backing to the middle of the yard, he clicked to the horse to get him walking. "Don't worry about telling him where to go. Concentrate in your balance."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 11:32 pm

Luna was blushing having felt his hand on her butt and she gave him a sheepish grin. "Its ok. You have me on him for a reason." she replied softly. She gripped the reins firmly but lightly as Julian gave her some instructions on the gelding who she now knew as Ned. The sudden movement as he started to walk made her squeak and tighten her grip on the saddle with her knees as she got balanced to his slow pace. Soon she relaxed in her seat and began to move with the bay focusing on keeping her hands steady, heels down and allowing her body to move with Ned.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 11:40 pm

Keeping the gelding walking steadily around the fence, Julian asked her questions, keeping her distracted so she'd relax. "Tell me your theory. What have you read about horse riding, and what do you want to do discipline wise in the long run? Make it your full time job, or keep it as a hobby?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 11:52 pm

Luna tilted her head slightly to glance at Julian when he spoke before returning to look between Neds ears. "I have read up on all of the basic things like how you should stop, turn, get your horse going or moving faster. I have skimmed over the different disciplines but the only ones to really catch my eye was barrel racing and camp drafting. The skill and bond that is needed to guide your horse at fast speeds, taking those turns or chasing the cattle sounds like something amazing." she told him with a smile, "I doubt I would ever be good enough to make it a full time job but if I got the chance I would jump for it. That also depends on what is happening in my life at the time though. I would say it will mostly just be a hobby and a good skill for on Uncle Marks ranch."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 1:01 am

He nodded, turning with the horse to keep facing the shoulders. "Relax a bit more. You're too tense. You want to be relaxed on a horse, get in sync with their movements. It makes it easier to stay on if he suddenly shies or bolts." He took his hat off for a moment, retying his long hair before tugging the hat hack on. "Alright. Show me how you stop him then. Let's see if you can put what you've read into practice."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 1:31 am

Luna took a deep breath and imagined the tension she still carried being blown away as she breathed out. She does this a few times and could soon feel a difference in how she moved with Ned. At Julians command to stop the gelding she sat back slightly in the saddle and pulled on the reins taking care not to put to much pressure on his mouth. She beamed happily when the bay stopped at her urging.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 1:40 am

He nodded in approval. "Good, at least you can read. Get him going again." She looked like she'd be a good student. If she was happy with the way he taught, then he was happy to keep teaching her. "Few more rounds, then I'll show you how to cool him off and let him loose. It'd be a good place to stop, and you can work out whether you want to continue, and whether you can afford it." He lifted an eyebrow with a quiet smile. She looked to be only a student still, not a lot of her own money in her pockets.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 9:59 am

Luna nodded and relaxed the reins as she leaned forward slightly and squeezed Neds side with a soft clicking of her tongue. She was much steadier this time when he started moving forward for her. "I have money that has been saved for me by my grandparents as they all wanted to see me live out my dream of riding." she told him and it was true she had a riding fund that had been set up when she was younger and wouldn't stop talking about learning to ride after she had been on a horse. Of course it had taken a couple of years of her talking before it had happened but her determination never creased.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 1:49 pm

"Hm." He grunted a little, keeping a close eye on her. "Alright, bring him to a stop. Reins in your left hand, grab a bit of mane if you want. Lean right forward, feet outta the stirrups, and swing your right over behind you to slide down. Then this way." He waited until she was comfortably off before opening the gate and heading back to the hitching rail.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Luna pulled Ned to a halt at Julians command and clummsily dismounted following his instructions. While she didnt fall she definitely stumbled back a few small steps. Pulling the reins over the geldings head she headed out of the round yard and back to the hitching area close behind the man.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 2:50 pm

"You'll get it with more practise." Taking the reins, he flicked them around the rail, and pointed to the girth and kicker. "Kicker gets undone first, then the girth." While she did that, he unlatched the breastplate, leaving it hanging. Once the saddle was released, he heaved it off the tall horse, and rested it and the blanket on the railing. "Right, put the halter round his neck, bridle off, then put the halter on properly." He got the hose while she did that, waiting for her so she could hose him down.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 3:23 pm

Luna blushed at his words knowing he had seen her stumble and she undid the kicker followed by Neds girth like instructed before scrambling out of the way as the saddle was removed by Julian. She swiftly got the halter on but having missed just how the knot had been tied earlier she look at the man. "How is the knot tied?" She asked holding the two sides in her hands.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 3:25 pm

He came over, taking the two bits. "here." He showed her more slowly. "Always make sure the tail is away from their eye, pointing down the neck. Saves any unintended injuries from happening." Handing her a rubber brush and the hose, he indicated the horse. "Start at his feet, work your way up his legs. Make sure where the saddle, breastplate and girth were are thoroughly brushed. he gets sweaty under them."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 3:34 pm

She watched closely as he showed her the knot slowly and told her to point the tail down the horses neck. "How much damage could it cause?" She asked taking the rubber brush and hose pointing the at Neds hooves. She carefully washed the sweat off the bay and spent extra time on the spot Julian had pointed out.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 3:37 pm

He leaned on the railing comfortably, watching her closely as he chewed on the piece of hay again. The horse nuzzled him, flicking his tail as he enjoyed the bath. "Ulcers, weeping eye, mild irritation. Eventually blindness if it keeps happening. If you don't want to go through the trouble of rope halters, buckle ones are just as fine. I find rope ones quicker, that's the only reason I use em." Judging the horse washed down nicely, he turned the hose off. "Brush as much water as you can off him, then you can let him loose, and we'll talk pricing."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 4:36 pm

She winced at the damage that could happen with rope halters if youbwerent careful and she handed him back the hose. "Sounds like it would be very painful for the horse." She said. She ran the brush firmly over Neds coat, pushing the water from it. When she had done his whole body twice she placed the brush on the rail and turned the gelding lose back into the paddock they had retrieved him from. Carrying the halter back she wondered just how much Julian would be charging from lessons.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 4:39 pm

Leaning on the fence, Julian watched as the gelding promptly rolled in a patch of dirt, and took the halter off the girl. "Well, you've got the balance to ride. That's a good start. You're not scared of them. If you're happy with me as a teacher, I'm happy to teach you. Just be warned, today I went easy on you. I can get quite strict, especially once you've learned the basics." He slung the halter over his shoulder, intending to use it on the stallion once she was gone. "What's your schedule, what's your price range?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 9:16 pm

Luna nodded and frowned as she tried to remember just what she had in the account for her lessons. "I want to learn and can be free whenever. I am finishing my business diploma online and I can do the books for Uncle Mark whenever just so long as they get done at end of week. As for price range what do you charge normally?" she replied.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 9:31 pm

"Alright, make it Monday mornings, around 7. I start early, and you're not the only client I've got." Tipping his hat back, he considered a price before naming it. "Sixty an hour. How long you stick around is up to you." Irritated with his hair again, he took his hat off and held it between his teeth while he fixed the ponytail.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Luna nodded with a smile, she could do 7 on Mondays. "Cash or direct deposit Julian?" she asked. At 60 an hour she could get a ton of lessons in with him and not have to panic thankfully. She might even have enough to get her own horse at some point when she was deemed competent enough.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 10:03 pm

He lifted an eyebrow at her. She hadn't blinked at the steep price at all. "Start with cash, see if you really want to continue." He knew he could be tough on students, but the ones who managed to stick around turned out into quite solid riders with very little fear. Remembering she'd said something about buying a saddle, he brought that back up. "Don't bother with gear for yourself past boots and a good pair of jeans. Wait until you know what discipline you want to do, and what horse you're going to be riding the most."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 10:07 pm

Luna nodded and made a mental note to get extra cash out for today. "Ok I will see you in a few days then for my next lesson." She said brightly. It was Friday which meant that she only had to wait two days for her next lesson. "Thank you Julian." she said brushing her hair back from her face and giving him a smile. With a wave she headed back to her car to drive home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As the Roo Bounces
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: