The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

As the Roo Bounces

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luna is discovering her passion for horses and riding, and is in need of a teacher willing to give her the basic idea. Julian, as always, is busy with his stud farm and training horses, but might have time to squeeze a student in.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 12:34 am

Luna giggled at his swift no to her questioning of his first training project. "It must have been a nice thing to do with your dad. I would love to meet him one day." she told him with a smile, "23? He doesn't seem it at all." She had without noticing pulled a hand off the saddle horn and it was resting at her side as she rose and fell in the saddle.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 12:37 am

He shrugged, appearing not to notice her mention of his dad. "Yea, he's been a good horse. Keeps Ghost in line, and from panicking in the floats, so that's a bonus too. Even when he's retired, I'll keep him around for the bastard horse. They like each other." Finally slowing the horse back to a walk, he nodded to her. "Going well, not holding onto the horn so much. Pick up the reins, I'll keep him at a walk to cool down now."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 12:41 am

Luna blinked as they slowed down to a walk and he mentioned she wasn't holding onto the saddle horn as much. "Already? That went fast." she said picking up Neds reins lightly. "Its nice that he and ghost are friends though. Especially if he keeps that stallion in line."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 12:55 am

"Must be a fast learner," he commented, whistling lightly to Ned. The bay's ear flicked inwards, and he snorted, lowering his head a little as he relaxed more, content with going around in circles. "Ghost doesn't like many horses, and he's understandably nervous in a float. Ned helps him calm down." He watched her for a while longer, and finally brought the gelding to a stop, drawing him into the centre. Unclipping the lunge line, Julian coiled it and slung it over his shoulder. "Rightio, head on over to the hitching rail, untack and hose him off. You're doing well for not many lessons."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 3:49 pm

Luna half shrugged as Ned walked around. "Everyone has always said I was but that was with school work. I probably wont be as good next week until a few times round." she replied. "At least he trusts Ned in a way that he will be calmer rather than freaking out and getting hurt." When Julian unclipped the lunge line she patted Neds neck softly and she beamed at his praise. "It must be cause I have a great teacher." she told him swinging down from the geldings back. She lead him over to the hitching area and got to work on her after lesson task.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 10:16 pm

He just nodded, putting the lunge rope away, and doing the same with the saddle and bridle once they were off the horse. "Plenty of practice with students, honey." He went silent, thinking again about what he was going to be in for the next day at the sales yards. he wasn't expecting anything nice, not if the apparent horses were from the same dealer as the ginger mare. Reminded, he glanced over at the mare in question, wondering how she was going.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 10:22 pm

Luna felt her eyes dart towards Julian when he called her honey and she quickly forced them back to the task at hand. The hose was soon coiled up and she was running the rubber brush one last time over Neds coat before she was finished. "Back to his paddock?" she asked Julian shaking the brush of lightly.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 10:26 pm

She'd kept an eye on them, as she always did when anyone was near her paddock a little disappointed that the girl wouldn't come back to her now. She was itching for another go, turning her head she lifted a back leg and scratched the healing skin on her pastern with her teeth, lowering the leg and glaring at the placid bay gelding that was obviously a traitor she snorted and walked around irritatedly. She'd remained quite agitated, never really settling down and into the routine, where were they? Her herd, flicking her head and appearing almost pissed off if a horse could look like that, Rose called out for the hundredth time the animal inside always hoping she'd hear their familiar voices. As usual there was just silence, sighing and flicking what tail she had, she resumed fence walking having worn a path around the edges of her yards
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 10:37 pm

He nodded, giving a sigh. Judging from the way the ginger mare was fence walking, he'd need to give her some sort of work to do. he could try that once Luna was gone. "Yeah, his paddock's fine, thanks." Digging around in his pocket, he pulled out the piece of paper detailing his bank details, and handed it over. "Two lessons owing so far, that's on there. However you pay is up to you, cash or deposit." He didn't care, and he soon saw her off, heading for the ginger mare with a soft rope halter in his hand. Ducking through the fence slats he eyed her. "Well, going to let me check on those wounds of yours, gingergrump?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 10:41 pm

Focusing quite quickly on him when he entered her paddock she stayed still for a moment before trotting to the other side of the yards, he was not going to put anything on her head. She'd bite him if he tried, she didn't want hands near her head didn't want anything on her face and wouldn't allow anything near. watching the thing in his hands intently her ears flicked forward momentarily then back against her head. he could take the stupid thing and shove it up his ass, he should thank his lucky stars that she wasn't trying to attack him anymore.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 10:44 pm

Luna nodded and took the paper sticking it in her pocket. "Sure thing." she said untying Ned. "Ill see you next week Julian." Unhitching the gelding she lead him into his paddock and freed him to gaze in peace before putting the halter away. She paused seeing the man in the mares paddock but quickly left know he didn't need her help.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 10:47 pm

Tilting his head, he draped the halter over the fence. "Alright, no halter. Will you let me see them now?" He didn't move from where he was, preferring not to chase her around the paddock at this point in time. Leaving his hands where she could see them, he waited patiently for her to decide whether she'd let him closer or not. "What about now then?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 10:50 pm

Ears flicked forward at the movements and voice, watching as he draped it over the fence, thinking it over carefully the mare sighed and let her ears flick to the sides and her head to droop somewhat tilting up a back leg to rest. Fine do what you poxy have to do the voice was grumpy and resigned, swishing her tail violently to rid herself of the annoying flies she huffed hurry up and get it over with she'd put on a little weight and lost some of her muscle from not doing much but walking around her paddock. Wishing she had a forelock to rid the flies off of her face she changed her weight and rubbed her face against a leg ridding herself of them for now
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 10:56 pm

He wandered over, touching her gently on her neck. Fairly certain that she'd haven been twitched harshly, he avoided those areas, lightly scratching her instead. "I just wanna take a look at them. Not going to touch them. I know better than that." Peering closer at the wounds, he made a satisfied sound. "Good they're healing well. And you look like you're missing out on work. What would you be happy doing, hm?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:02 pm

Watching him carefully she held still ignoring the animal as best as she could, ending up shifting her weight a little, the touch on her neck was surprisingly okay so she didn't turn to grab at him with her teeth. Listening carefully to the mans voice the mare sighed and turned her head to watch him, when he mentioned work the mare mulled it over not pulling, apart from that don't know she didn't know if work would make missing the other two easier, she'd been with the par of them for so long that being without them was not disimilar to a dull ache in her chest like a part of her had been left behind with them. This was kept to herself, she wasn't going to tell some dumb human that she barely knew how she felt, sheesh she wasn't some damsel in distress.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:08 pm

He gave a quiet nod, absently continuing to scratch her neck. "Alright, I'm sure we can think of something. You look like you'd be good at the fast games sort of thing. Competitive at all?" He lifted a hand to push his hat back, thinking over the next day's plans. Going off the calls the ginger mare kept sending out, she'd been part of a herd. maybe the horses he'd find the next day were part of her herd. "And would you happen to have a name?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:16 pm

The scratching was acceptable, considering it she nodded Yes, but i'm not fussy, if im taught what to do i'll work with cows and sheep too she just had to be shown and explained what to do then she'd be able to pick it up and do it herself. Already told you, you mousebrained scut, I'm Rose, call me any variation on rose and I'll eat your fingers the mare warned flattening her ears back a moment as she voiced her threat. For a human he wasn't too bad, although it was more than she could handle to have anyones hands or items over her face and head, too much had happened there. Her ears particularly sensitive
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:18 pm

"Alright, I can work with that. You'll just let me know if you don't want to do it, I'm sure." He gave her a quick grin and moved away. Tipping another bucket of grain in the same place as the other times, he left her, continuing to work the farm for the rest of the day.

The next morning was early, and he was soon on his way to the sales yard on Ned. The calm gelding was perfect for ponying terrified horses back to his place, and he wanted to be able to depend on the horse he was riding. Finding Tom at the gates, he was directed towards the area that had the horses in question that he was here to see, and he trotted the gelding over, eager to see their condition.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:23 pm

Luna followed her uncle into the sale yards from where he had parked the trailer. They were there to look at some youngsters that were going through however she was distracted by the sight of Julian and Ned in the distance. "Ill be back uncle." she said before slipping off at his nod. He didn't really need her and she didn't plan on being long. She caught up with the pair by the ring that looked a little crowded and she had to wriggle her way to his side. "Hey Julain." she said just before she was shoved into him and the fence.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:26 pm

The stunning white Arab mare trotted around a decent sized arena, her tail stuck up in the air a display of how terrified she was, large brown eyes stared around in terror at the seeming sea of men. Dark grey nostrils were flared and sharp snorts left her, at the crack of a long whip the mare surged into a graceful canter easily covering the ground, in excellent condition after years of being a broodmare and well fed so her offspring would be strong Renee had had a comparatively easy life as a horse compared to the leader of their trio. Foaling every year and her babies being taken from her as soon as they hit the ground she had become very aggressive around foals to a point where she was no longer wanted. Falling back to a stunning trot that made her appear as if she were easily floating over the ground, feet flicking out elegantly, dread locks in her mane and tail they were not as bad as roses and her pure white hide shone of cleanliness as they'd washed her before hand but not bothered with the dreadlocks as they needed to be cut out. She had no papers as she'd been a human before hand so was worth considerably less than a registered horse. The fear coursing through her had her putting more spring into her step and moving faster making it more difficult for the fat black pony to keep up with her
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:31 pm

The tiny shaggy black pony bolted after the mare, having to canter as fast as he could to keep up with her, almost galloping. He kept his muzzle touching her as much as he could, unwilling to be separated like their leader had been. Somehow staying fat and round despite not being fed well or used. Calling out for the red mare, he slowed when the white mare slowed, getting tired much quicker than she was.
Seeing the two horses, Julian scowled, and nudged Ned over to the seller, speaking quietly to him. he barely noticed whoever it was that was knocked into them, more focused on the two horses he was determined to buy.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:35 pm

Luna watched the pair in the ring silently as she half listened to Julian speak to the seller and she saw a mean looking, well dressed guy heading their way with his gaze locked on the seller. She didn't know who it was but she knew it wouldn't be good for Julian as he spoke with the seller about the pair. Her hand found his jeans and lightly tugged to try and gain his attention to alert him of the incoming threat.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:40 pm

Keeping away from the man in the center who had the whip she slowed down to a walk for her companions sake, her head lifted up high she pranced lightly worried. Hearing the ponys whinney for their leader she joined in loudly calling out for their ginger herd member. Picking up into a trot again when the man cracked his whip at her she resumed her swift trot around the arena, dirt flying from her hooves as she moved seemingly without effort. Picking up the pace into a canter as the whip cracked again she was kept at that pace to further show off her movement
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:43 pm

Breathing heavily, the pony kept up somehow with the mare, his ears flat against his head in fear. The halter on his head was tight and clearly far too small, and when he trotted it was obvious that he was lame. Whenever she slowed, he tucked himself close to her, nearly moving underneath her belly in a desperate attempt to stay with her at all costs.

Feeling the hand on his jeans, Julian frowned down at the girl, his sharp gaze flicking up to the man coming over. Clearly he wasn't the only one interested in the mare and pony. Resting the reins on Ned's neck to let the gelding relax a bit, Julian returned his attention to the seller, speaking firmly.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:48 pm

Luna flinched slightly at the cracking of the whip and she frowned at the small ponys desperate attempts to stay with the mare as she fearfully obeyed the man in the centre of the ring. The man got closer and she bit her lower lip with worry as she pressed back into Neds side by Julians leg.

The mans name was Jason and he tapped the seller on the shoulder without caring that he was talking to Julian. "Whats their price?" he asked confidently. He had a fair amount of money and he was determined to get the mare and wouldn't hesitate to off the pony as he would be nothing but a pain for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As the Roo Bounces
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: