The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

As the Roo Bounces

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luna is discovering her passion for horses and riding, and is in need of a teacher willing to give her the basic idea. Julian, as always, is busy with his stud farm and training horses, but might have time to squeeze a student in.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:59 pm

She followed his instructions and found her balance was better making the rise even easier. Her blue eyes trained between the bay's ears as they moved around the yard smoothly. She seemed focused as the pair moved together in the trot, working together to maintain a steady pace and balance without upsetting the other.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 11:03 pm

He let them go round a few more times before calling out to her. "Good, you're going well. Slow him to a walk, then cut through past me and go the other way around the circle. It'll even you both out, and by then the vet should be here to do the two horses."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 11:09 pm

She nodded sitting back to pull Ned back into a walk before turning him towards Julian. "Do you want me to to their manes and tail like I did the chestnuts for you?" She asked as the pair passed him before turning to start in the opposite direction to that they had been going in. She clicked her tongue softly urging the gelding back into a steady trot that she fell into stride with immediately.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 11:18 pm

He nodded. "That would be great, thanks. The vet was thinking he'd knock the pair of them out at the same time, make it easier on both of them. I can do their feet no worries, and if you can do their manes and tails, it would help hasten the process a lot." Pushing his hat back, he kept his eyes on her, making sure that she was still staying relaxed.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 11:36 pm

She gave him a smile when he agreed to let her help. "Of course anything to get them done quicker." She said remaining relaxed. She kept her hands steady as her gaze remained between his ears even as they conversed.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 11:37 pm

"Thanks, mate." He let them go around another few times before speaking again. "Alright, slow him down. Go round a few times to cool him down, then you can hose him off and turn him loose. Vet should be here any moment."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 11:51 pm

Luna sat back to slow Ned back to a gentle walk to cool him down. "Alright. Do you want me to go see if I can get close to the mare if there is time?" She asked him with a slight tilt of her head as she glanced his way. Soon she pulled him to a halt after they had walked around four times and she dismounted with ease.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:06 am

"That would be good, see if you can hook a leadrope to her halter. It would help John a great deal more. Hopefully the pony will stick close to one or the other of them." And fingers crossed the red mare wouldn't make them flighty and hard to dart. He opened the gate for her, tilting his head towards the hitch rail. "Show me how you tie him up then."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:13 am

Luna nodded at his words and figured it would be a hopefully easier task. She looped his lead rope around his neck and swapping his bridle for his halter before tying him up securely with a slip knot. She stepped back and let his girth out first while Julian checked her knot out. She had been practising since she had first learnt it at home and thought she was getting pretty good at it.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:16 am

He inspected the knot, and fixed the dragging tail. "Try to keep that off the ground, don't want them stepping on it. Otherwise, good job." Leaning on the rail, he chewed on some straw. "Keep going then. You're skilled enough to untack him on your own. Just put the saddle on the rail. I'll put it away."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:29 am

Luna nodded as he pointed out the trail that was hanging but felt pride that the knot itself passed his inspection. "You just want to watch me fall on my ass again." She counted with a soft laugh as she undid the buckles that held the saddle in place. As predicted she did end up on her ass after stumbling back a few steps in an attempt to remain standing. She sighed as she set it on the ground so she could stand before picking the saddle and placing it on the railing beside the man. After tugging the saddle pad off the geldings back she grabbed a rubber brush and turned on the hose to wash the sweat off his bay coat.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:33 am

He just grinned. "That's an amusing side effect, I assure you," he said, gentle teasing in his eyes. "You'll get there. Once you get on a smaller horse, it won't be so hard to lift them." Seeing that the vet's car had arrived, he left her there, confident that she'd be able to look after the gentle gelding. Greeting John, Julian indicated the two horses in the paddock. "These two. The mare's scared stiff of men, Luna's gonna try and get a leadrope on her. The pony, I'm not sure what he's like. he sticks close to them. They seemed to be herdmates of the ginger, so same sort of condition she was in when I got her."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:42 am

Luna laughed at his honest reply as she glanced his way to see the teasing in his gaze. She watched as he walked away over to John as he pulled up near the paddock and she turned back to Ned to get him finished. Soon she was able to lead the gelding into his paddock and make her way over to the men watching the newest pair in their paddock with a lead rope in her hands.

John climbed from his van and nodded to Juilan as they greeted each other. He studied the pair carefully as Julian spoke and he nodded. "If she can it will make it easier. Especially if we can get the mare turned away before she gets darted." He replied, "Given the way they stick close to each other I wouldn't be surprised if they were. How's Ginger healing?"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:46 am

Julian nodded, pushing his hat up a little. "Here's hope. The red's protective of them all almost to the point of being aggressive. I'm going to try and put the pony in with her, see if that will calm her down a little. She's healing well though, thankfully. Won't let me do anything, but I can get close enough to see the wounds. Gaining weight nicely, too. I'll be seeing if I can't start working her in a few more days." Spotting Luna, he handed her a leadrope that he'd picked up. "See if you can get the grey mare, darling. Be careful of the pony, he's a cheeky one."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:55 am

John nodded at his words and tilted his head in greeting to Luna as she appeared at their sides. "Once you do if you can get her facing away it will be easier for her." He told her as she took the lead rope from Julian.

Luna nodded to John as the men spoke giving her instructions. "He's cute of course he will be cheeky." She replied flashing him a smile. "I'll try John." She walked over to the gate and let herself in before making her way towards the trio where they stood slowly.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 3:13 pm

Rose had been intently watching the pair of humans quite determined to protect her herdmates, recognizing the car the highly intelligent mare stamped a foot and and nickered to the other two. Renee had been grazing near the fence, the pretty grey mare quite content in the company of her friends, picking up on her leaders agitation the female looked up and around. Ears flicked back a little uncertainly seeing yet another male turn up, were they going to try and split them up? Watching the female come close she stayed still unsure of what she wanted, checking to see where the little stallion was she nosed him more than used to treating him as if he was a foal of hers.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 5:39 pm

Luna approached slowly as the grey mare nuzzled the little pony and she spoke softly. "Hey pretty girl." she said stopping near her and she slowly clipped the lead rope on holding it loosely, "We aren't gonna take you away from them alright. Your safe here darling." She started to guide her to face away from the men slowly stepping around the small guy. "We just don't want you stressed by the boys so why don't we look away cause they aren't going to hurt you." she mummered gently.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 8:57 pm

Nostrils were flared and nervous snorting revealed her anxiety, her head jerked up and back when Luna went to clip the lead rope to her. It took a few tries before Luna was able to do it, wanting to keep an eye on the men she didn't move ignoring the pressure on her face. The ginger mare on the other side of the fence struck out between the panels of the fence Get away from her! her mental voice was angry and defensive. She wanted to protect the gentle member of her herd, front footing the fence angrily she tried to get to Renee. When the pressure on renees head grew to be to much she pulled back sharply not wanting to hurt anyone, just scared and wanting to get away
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 7:44 pm

Julian followed her to lean on the fencing. "Don't force her. As long as she's still, it doesn't matter where she's facing. She needs to see what's scaring her, so ease off on that pressure." His voice was firm, almost annoyed. "Just need a good shot to knock her out." As he spoke, the pony charged forward, aiming for the girl's legs to knock her over. She was scaring Renee, that wasn't allowed. As the stocky black animal barrelled into her, Julian sighed, glancing at the vet. "Need to dart both of them and work on them at the same time. They're too flighty, and she's managed to frighten the mare enough already."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Luna stepped closer to the mare and let her toss her head gently shushing her as she moved her arm so as to go with the head toss and avoid hurting her anymore. "Easy girl we don't have to move then if you don't want to. Its alright." she mummered as she stepped out of the ponys path when he wouldn't be able to easily follow her. She placed herself at the mares head on one side and offered her hand to the grey mare to take in her scent.

John nodded as the pony charged towards Luna. He lifted the dart gun and hit the pony in the rump before moving and getting the mare in the shoulder swiftly not giving her time to panic. "Lets get you pair down before we go in." he mummered watching.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 6:19 pm

Ducking through the fence before the vet had finished talking, Julian headed for the pony, grabbing his halter to ease him more gently onto the ground. "Keep her steady, Luna," he ordered. "Ease her down so she doesn't collapse." Pulling a hoof file out of his back pocket, he got to work on the pony's hooves now that he was completely out to it, whistling softly under his breath. "There's a pair of shears in my back pocket, use them to cut out the dreadlocks. They're not as bad, so don't cut her whole mane and tail. Just the dreads is fine."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Luna braced the mare as she started to drop under the effects and she guided the mare down gently laying her on the side opposite to where the dart was. She gabbed the shears from Julians pocket and got to work. "Shes not as bad as ginger there was." she mentioned as she worked with care. She took the worst of the dreadlocks off doing her best to leave as much of the mane and tail on the mare.

John went to the pony first as he began to give him his shots and checked him over. "What was his condition when you got him?" he asked Julian as he felt the ponys stomach.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 6:45 pm

Julian shook his head. "No. She's a broodmare, they're usually much more well taken after." Busy with the pony's feet, he finally finished them before moving onto the mare. "Round and fat, John. Reckon he might have worms. He hasn't really changed condition since I got him last week. Eats like he's starving, but he doesn't gain or lose weight." Moving to the mare's teeth, he began whistling again. "She's pretty alright teeth-wise. Much better than the pony and the ginger."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 4:08 pm

Luna nodded as she hummed at Julians words and she was soon moving onto the mares tail. Her hands were steady as she carefully trimmed it down for the mare and soon she was done. Collecting the grey mares mane and tail dreads she moved them into a pile before starting on the ponys tail.

John nodded and pulled at a strong wormer from his back. "You are most likely right." he told the other man as he got it into the pony. "Overall hes not to bad health wise no open wounds or the like other than his lameness but I have given him the same shots as the mare just in case." He moved over to Renee and began to inject her as well. "Like you said broodmares are kept in better condition. She is much like the pony in decent shape. Lets just get her up to date and she should be alright."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Not really listening to the vet, Julian checked the mare's teeth, making sure that they were fine before moving back to the pony. His were worse off than the mare's, but it was nothing that a good bit of work wouldn't fix. Hooking the file back into his pocket, he swapped it for his pocket knife and began sawing the halters off both horses. They were tight, probably to stop the others from pulling them off, and he wanted to get rid of them. Hopefully that would make them a little bit more comfortable. Straightening, he considered the red mare for a moment, then looked back at the pony. "I want him in with the chestnut, it'll make it easier to work with the grey mare. Let's reverse his anaesthetic first and move him before we do her. Otherwise she'll just try to follow and make a nuisance of herself."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As the Roo Bounces
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: