The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

after all is said and done

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

after all is said and done - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 10:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Claire hasn't shown up or rung the farm in about three months causing Julian to worry and Killian to grow antsy and restless. When contact is made it sounds as if she has been carefully manipulated something very had to do to claire. After that drama she decides that she's giving up on finding someone and decides to throw herself into er horses and her studies
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 10:21 pm

Not really wanting to talk about what she felt, and the fact that there was a chance she was even more different than she already was, Claire kept quiet choosing to answer when he queried about the patched mare “She’s from Ices, she and Jory clicked so we brought her home, she’ll keep him company when I head out again to sea in a couple of weeks” carefully brushing his thick coat, the woman didn’t comment on the fact that he’d lost weight, they all knew what the cause of it was. Glancing up as Killian showed off to the grey mare that he loved, she gave a faint smile and resumed her brushing, “Do you want to come with me? It looks like it’ll be a new moon by the time I get out there” perhaps some of his books would hold the answer to what was going on with Rose. After all she had no idea, and her friend had a book store with an entire section dedicated to creatures, it was a little interesting to her that the shaggy pony had fallen for such a grumpy red mare that he’d never seen as a human before. Then again looks weren’t everything, continuing to brush him thoughts and feelings regarding the sea returned, deciding that she’d discuss them with Angus when she was driving them out if he agreed to come with her. Rose would not be pleased, but there really wasn’t any other choice, anyone could tell that he was pining for the sea, and needed to return to it lest one full moon the call be too loud and he’d vanish for potentially months or years which would truly destroy the complicated red beast.

Taking a break in her brushing of the pony, Claire braided her hair back then moved to have a look at his leg, the hock once again was swollen and hot to the touch. She’d healed it as much as she’d been able to but in reality she wasn’t a good of a healer as she would have liked to be, failing to get the sea out of her head, the green eyed lass sighed returning the conversation to Jory “She seems to like him, probably because he’s a kid, Ice dosent really have evil child goons working for her yet after all” she had just wanted to be normal for so much of her life, to not have everything always happen to her. So much shit had happened and she was sick of it, it was another reason why she’d stopped dating, what was the point? She’d just out live them or Ice would do something to them or take them to lure her into a trap. Honestly she would have thought ice would stop with her traps as they never worked, sour over it all she scowled down at the brush while she firmly pulled it through the sore ponys fur as gently as she could avoiding the leg now she’d had a look at it. She’d hose it off, that sometimes helped, and discuss if he thought going back to sea for a little while might help, the sea would help him heal to the point where he wasn’t as lame theoretically.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 8:34 pm

Moving his heavy head to look at her again, the pony studied the girl out of strangely wise eyes, and didn't bring up what was bothering her again. She'd work out who she wanted to tell when she was ready. Continuing to study the fat patchy mare, he snorted softly, amused for a brief moment. She'll like her food, he murmured, watching as she was digging into the slow feeder nets that were in the paddock with her. Claire distracted him again with her mention of the sea, and the longing returned, making him sigh and drop his head a little. I have to, he said softly, bluntly. Its too strong, next time I don't think I'd return. I have to go now. He was going to hate leaving Rose, and he knew that the red mare would hate that he was leaving, but he knew the rules. As long as he didn't return while the moon was full, he'd remember her and stay in control, and return to her again. He'd just make sure to take something that reminded him of her, like a bit of braided tail hair or something similar. Disliking the touch to his hock, he instinctively lifted his leg, trying to move out of reach while it ached so much. Even though he knew that she wouldn't make it worse, the steady throbbing ache was becoming harder and harder to ignore. Hoping to distract himself from both the sea and his leg, he turned his head to watch her again. What work have you got planned? It was easier to ignore the tug when he was busy doing something else, so he was hoping that she wasn't going to make him rest because of his hock again. Reaching up as far as the rope would let him, he nosed her gently. You're scowling, kid. If you're not careful, the wind'll change and you'll be stuck that that. He did feel better after the thorough grooming, enough that he nibbles at one of the pieces of carrots that he'd rejected before.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 3:42 pm

Listening silently as Angus announced that he had to go, that it was getting too strong and if he held back much longer he’d never come back, Claire just nodded her agreement leaving the fact that he’d have to persuade rose into it to him. Watching as the pony lifted his leg and only added to her concern for him, Claire sighed softly knowing that he’d want something to do or he’d start getting wound up. About to suggest that she took him to the paddock that had cross country jumps but also a obstacle course she’d come up with after watching some dog trials on the internet a while ago. However he appeared to have noticed the scowl on her face and brought it up, gently scratching his shoulder she sighed not really wanting to talk about it, there was no point. She didn’t really want to admit to herself that she wanted to find someone to share her life with, let alone anyone else, even after everything that had happened to her with Oliver, there was a sense of wanting a best friend that she could talk to about everything. From what had happened with killian to what Ice did on a semi regular basis, it was so stupid. She had her father to talk to, as well as Angus, did they not count? Where they not enough? She didn’t know and so just sighed deciding to avoid talking about it for now“Come on, we’ll go through the obstacle course, you’ll be able to have a good splash in one of the various ponds” setting the brushes down and dusting off her hands the woman took the ponies lead rope and lead him into the correct paddock. Unhooking the rope after closing the gate she looked over the course, there were all sorts of things for the pony to do from walking up over bridges, to jumping through doughnuts. It was a good way to keep him busy and keep him doing new things, and it often worked at distracting her from what she was thinking, setting her thoughts and feelings on the shelf to mope over later when she was on her own. “Ready to go Angus?” she was doing her best to cope with everything, but all she really wanted to do was go back to the sea and dive beneath the cool waves for a while.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 11:46 pm

Flicking his tail to try and rid the flies from around his hock, the pony followed along behind her, close enough that he absently nibbled on the belt of her pants cheekily. He wasn’t going to push her right now with what she was thinking about. Perhaps on the way to the sea she’d feel more comfortable spilling things out. Stopping quietly as she closed the gate, he studied the obstacles and made a beeline for the biggest pond, splashing his way right into the middle and starting to paw at it. Pushing his nose through the cool water and splashing it over his sore hock, he took a cheeky glance at Claire and lay down in the pond, getting nicely covered in the dirty water. It felt so nice on his coat, so he promptly rolled before struggling to his feet and shaking the water everywhere, nicely catching her in the spray. Shaking again, he surveyed the rest of the course, wondering what he wanted to do next. He would have loved to do some jumping, but after testing his leg he sighed and abandoned that idea. It was hurting too much for jumps this time. Wandering out of the pond nicely covered in dirty water, he rubbed his head over Claire’s shirt. Too sore for jumps, he murmured sadly, nosing at her hand hopefully for some pats. What else would be alright to do? It’d been a while since his leg had been bad enough that he couldn’t jump or have fun with the cart, so he was making sure to stay on the safe side of things to do. He didn’t want it to get worse after all. The sea was such a distracting call, he was having to concentrate hard on focusing on her, and he blinked dark almost black eyes at her, studying her. Two weeks til the sea? He couldn’t wait, it had been so long, and he blamed most of it on Ice. Happy with what the girl suggested, they were mostly successful in distracting both of them, and after a thorough washing and grooming again, he was turned back out with Rose. The pony nickered gently at her, still limping even after Claire hosing his leg, and trotted over to the red mare to scratch at her shoulder gently. We should talk, he murmured, keeping his voice for her mind only so no one else could listen to them.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Watching as the pony made a beeline for the pond, Claire couldn’t help but grin as he waded into the water and knelt down to roll in the cold water, yelping when he got up and shook himself out getting her with the spray of water when he shook himself off. She’d planned to let him do what he wanted obstacle wise, however he had other ideas and instead walked back over to her and rubbed his head on her shirt. Rolling her eyes, the woman pushed the black ponies head off of her “Well theres the poles, or one of the bridges we’ll figure it out” he looked to be distracted blaming it on the fact that the sea was calling to him, Claire met his gaze at his question. “Thereabouts” it’d be a long two weeks, for the pair of them, giving him a thorough wash and groom after they headed out of the paddock she took special attention in rubbing him dry. She couldn’t really remember the last time Angus left to go to the sea, she couldn’t begin to imagine what it must feel like to feel the sea tug at ones soul and spirit. Letting him back into the paddock she watched the pair for a few moments before heading off to busy herself with something else, she had to stay busy had to keep moving and ignore the tug that made her heart ache. Deciding that she’d go work some of the horses that were lazing about in paddocks, she was soon tacked up and riding again, it was only while riding that she was completely distracted that she felt free and confident once more.

She’d lifted her head and watched as her partner had been lead off by the black haired girl, resuming her grazing rose didn’t pay much attention to what was going on far more interested in eating. Hearing steps, the red mare glanced up and nickered softly realizing that Angus was being turned back in with her. He trotted over to her and affectionately scratched at her shoulder, quietly nudging him she flicked her ears not liking the tone of his voice, the feisty thing sighed and affectionately nipped him ‘Alright Angus, what is it?’ She had a faint idea of what it could be, she was an ex hunter after all. The call of the sea was likely getting stronger and he was going to have to leave her, well that’s what she guessed, the idea of him leaving wasn’t something that she was that happy with. What if he left and didn’t come back to her? The self loathing and lack of self esteem had remained low, she despised herself and couldn’t quite understand why Angus seemed so interested in her when he’d never even seen her as a human. She didn’t have anything going for her looks wise, she was scarred all over and had freckles by the thousand, yet she knew if she wished to remain in a relationship with the selkie. ‘You have to leave don’t you’ the chestnut bitzers voice was not its usual hard sharp self, instead it was quieter and unhappy, the fear of him not coming back overshadowing what she knew as logic. How the hunter hated herself over it all, weak, pathetic, useless, Rose hated how emptiness and lonliness filled her when the pony was away form her, and she especially despised the fact that she was so weak as to want him around her. Abruptly shoving the pity party in her head away, she hardened her voice to its usual strength ‘Alright, when are you going? For how long? Kangaroo Jack mentioned work coming up so I probably wont even notice you’re gone’ the mare added the last part with a sniff and a dismissive flick of her tail before resuming her grazing.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 4:31 pm

Pushing his head up against her affectionately, the black pony continued to groom his mare gently, ignoring the hardness of her voice. He knew her too well now for that to fool him. She was worried that he wouldn’t come back, that he’d leave her for good. I won’t leave for good, he murmured, tugging on her mane cheekily, his voice gentle as he reassured her. But I do have to go, I’m sorry. I don’t want to leave it so late that I won’t come back for years. It was his only option now, especially since he’d been trying to ignore it for some now. He was going to have to find a better way to manage the call and being with her, but that was a problem he’d tackle with her once he was back home and wasn’t so distracted by the tug. Resting his sore leg, he resumed grooming her again, flicking his tail to keep the flies away. I’ll go with Claire when she goes back to the sea. It’ll be right in the middle of full moons, means the tug is at its lowest. I’ll see if she can make something for me out of your tail hairs. Then I really can’t forget you. It’ll be okay, I promise. The pony nuzzled the red mare affectionately, doing his best to ignore the call and tug, and the pain in his hock. She reckons the sea will help my hock, too, maybe enough that I’ll stop limping. If Julian had work in mind for the mare, then Angus was more content. He’d keep her busy and not thinking of being alone, and perhaps one day they’ll eventually work out how to help her shift. Noticing the stockman coming over with some hay in his arms, the pony nickered eagerly, nipping at Rose before trotting over to bury his nose in the sweet food.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 3:57 pm

Forgoing grazing finally to bring her head around and beginning to groom him back, she listened as the stallion explained that he wouldn’t be leaving for good, but he did need to leave now or risk not coming back for years. He continued to explain adding that he’d go back with Claire when she returned to the sea, that it was right in the middle of a full moon which meant the tug was at its lowest. Deciding that she’d be able to part with some tail hairs for a good cause, the ginger mare sighed and nodded her agreement before resuming her work on his coat.   ‘Alright’ her voice was quiet and tired, not bothering to react when he nipped at her and followed him quietly, although she enjoyed working for Julian she missed having a human shape. The chestnut missed hunting, missed drinking and the variety of food, shaking herself off before starting to eat the hay quietly, flattening her ears warningly when Angus got in her space whilst she was eating. Time after that seemed to go fast and all too soon it was time for him to leave, leaning her head into him once he’d shifted Rose didn’t say anything, instead she took what comfort she could while she could. She’d not kicked out when hair had been cut from her tail to be braided into an intricate braided bracelet that now was around his wrist. Claire was already in the car waiting, gathering what strength she had, the mare lifted her head and tugged on his hair sharply   ‘I’ll miss you, Angus’ she rarely used the mans name often referring to him as curly or any other range of nicknames she could come up with. She wanted to be human and to be able to go with him so she wasn’t left behind, but she couldn’t shift, so here she was stuck,   ‘don’t make any stupid decisions while you’re gone’ rose added nudging him firmly in warning.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 6:18 pm

It’d been a hard two weeks for the shaggy pony, but he knew he had to go. Tucking his coat around his as the red mare leaned into him, he stroked her cheek gently, comforting her as best he could. “I won’t be gone for long,” he murmured, finding her favourite spot to be scratched and scratching it. “Pester Jules to keep you busy, okay? I’ll be back soon and we’ll work on getting you human too.” He could guess that she missed it, and he wanted her happy. Rubbing her nose gently, he left her and hopped into the car with Claire, giving a sigh. “Let’s go.” His voice was quiet, the selkie obviously drained and exhausted from the tug of the sea. He had his suspicions about Claire and what was tugging at her, but he’d wait and see if she wanted to talk about whatever was bothering her. For now, he just settled in the chair and watched the landscape, trying not to give in too much to the call just yet. He had to wait only a few hours more, and then he’d be in the sea and could finally rest and get his strength back.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 10:47 pm

Waiting for him patiently in the car Claire kept silent, the past two weeks had been filled with tending to her horse and looking after her brother, convincing him that she’d come back, soon enough Angus was finally in the car, starting it she began the long journey back towards the sea. Concerned about the man as it was clear that resisting the sea for so long had had a profound effect on him, feeling that she couldn’t bother him with her own issues surrounding the sea and so kept her trap shut instead turning up the radio a little and humming along to it. She kept her window half down and enjoyed the cool breeze that came through the window, for once her hair was out and allowed to move around with the breeze, once they were at the beach she found a park and abandoned the car to wander down bare foot onto the sand. Digging her toes in for a brief moment she made her way into the water and waded in up to her knee hight a smile on her features as she splashed the water as it washed past her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 10:56 pm

The car trip was silent, and Angus didn’t try to interrupt the radio. It was easier to close his eyes and try and doze the journey away. Finally at the beach, he waded straight into the water, already barefoot and longing to shift. But he had an idea that Claire needed him, so he stayed a bit longer. At least being in the sea was helping ease the tug a little. “You alright, little Claire?” he asked softly, turning to study her out of grey eyes, so like the sea in a storm. “What’s bothering you, kid?” He was fond of the girl, enough that he saw her as a niece by this point and he wanted to help her since it seemed that no one else really could. Splashing over to her, he rested his hand on her shoulder. “Going okay, hun?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 6:27 pm

Looking up at him when he asked if she was alright, Claire shrugged her green eyes meeting his for a moment before flicking back out towards the water, he was after these many years definitely an uncle to her now. Her tongue felt like it was lead until he splashed over and touched his hand to her shoulder “I… don’t know Uncle gus” closing her eyes and letting out a long sigh “the water its been whispering and pulling at me ever since I went on that trip, it wont go away” Claire admitted quietly wandering a little deeper and considering diving underneath the water the fact that she was expected back on the boat again soon prevented her from doing so. She had no idea why she felt this tug all of a sudden, it didn’t make sense to her, her gaze briefly flicked up towards the docks, and not seeing anyone returned to the sea. Spotting a shell, she reached down and picked it up out of the water, brushing her fingers over the ridges on it, deciding that it’d make a good addition to her collection of shells, Claire tucked it away into her pocket now keeping an eye out for any other unusual stones or shells that’d be worth keeping.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 5:55 pm

Watching her, Angus listened quietly, his suspicions about what she was growing. Moving over to her, he slipped an arm around her shoulders, giving her a quick hug. “When you come back from this trip, come via Ireland,” he said gently. “We can see what’s going on, and try to figure it out. Okay?” Hearing a voice, he glanced over at the docks, spotting a figure wandering along barefoot and on the phone. “That your ride? I’ll stick around for a bit in the water if you need to talk later.” Tugging her braid, he slipped into the water before the newcomer could notice him, shifting easily into a grey seal and splashing her before darting off. It felt so good to be back in the water again, and the bracelet kept Rose in the back of his mind, making sure that he wouldn’t forget her, or forget to come back.
Spotting Claire, Alex wandered down to the beach, shoving his phone in his pocket as he ended the call. “Welcome back,” he said easily, offering her his usual open smile. “Ready to set sail? We’re in no rush, just us two this time. The others had some stuff come up unfortunately.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 1:54 pm

Visiting Ireland sounded pleasant, it was near the sea and she hadn’t been there for quite some time, looking up at the voice as well and recognizing the man on the phone as Alex she had enough time to farewell Angus before the selkie was shifted and had vanished under the waves. Wading out of the water to greet Alex, his open smile drawing one from her in return despite herself. “Born ready” a little surprised that the other two weren’t joining them she wasn’t exactly upset by it. Time out on the sea away from as many people as possible sounded good, “how long can we stay out there?” she began walking towards her car again to grab her things. Swinging the strap of the duffel bag over her shoulder and locking the car, heading after Alex onto the boat she set her things down in her room and soon enough was standing on deck again leaning against the rails staring out towards the horizon, River was already out at sea hunting fish and exploring the sea.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 7:12 pm

As she got her things out of the car, Alex checked over his boat with a cheerful whistle, answering her question once she was back. Like usual, his shoes had been discarded and he was wandering the vessel in bare feet. “About a month if that suits you. If not I can bring you back earlier.” He was excited about being back on the water again, and heading for the whale shark breeding spot that had been found recently. “Brought your diving gear? Plan is to swim with the whale sharks.” He sent her a cheerful grin, glad to have her along. She’d proven to be a good help on the last trip, so he wasn’t fussed about not having the other two along for the ride as well. “Had a nice break? Your horse still going okay?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 8:40 pm

Briefly leaving him on deck to deposit her things where they belonged, Claire returned and listened as he announced that his plan was to swim with whale sharks, the idea sounded like fun she admittedly didn't know much about whale sharks and so was keen to learn everything Alex had to teach her. "Yeah I did, thought it'd be wise to do so" he threw her a cheerful grin which drew a friendly smile from her in return. She'd warmed up to him quickly enough, so didn't clam up when he asked more about her "he's stubborn but doing okay" she didn't go into details disbelieving that he'd be interested in it after all she was aware that he didn't know much if anything about horses and so she wouldn't bother him with it. She was more than used to other people being less than interested, the black haired woman glanced over towards the horizon in the direction that her uncle had gone, wanting to follow him out to sea already. With less people on the boat her shadows were more restless, wanting to interact with the smiley man, keeping them in line as best as possible Claire gave a quiet sigh and reached out to River. The water dragon was already far out, diving down deep beneath the surface of the ocean and finding various snacks along the way, satisfied that the independent often times impatient creature was safe and sound the green eyed woman returned her attention to the ship and to alex.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 9:44 pm

Interested in her horse despite not knowing very much at all about them, Alex stayed at the railing, listening to her. “What sort of horse is he? Not that I know much.” He grinned at her again, fully prepared to admit it was something he didn’t know much about. “Having trouble with him? What’s he like?” Like usual when he was interested in something, the questions spilled out of him, and he pushed his hair out of his face as the wind blew it everywhere. “We’ll head out in a bit, just letting the tide change first.” Humming, he cast his gaze out over the sea, enjoying the view. It was lovely being out on the water, and he was just so lucky that he was able to do what he loved as his job. “Your dragon healed up okay, I hope? Those cuts looked pretty bad.” The young man flicked a concerned glance at her, hoping that the beautiful reptile was okay.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 9:58 pm

Glancing at Alex as the questions spilled out of him, a proper smile returned to her lips after it'd slipped away whilst watching the horizon "He's a friesian crossed with something else, in layman terms he's big and black with long hair over his hooves called feathers, he was badly abused so dads helping me retrain him to accept things, we've done saddle and halters the last part is the bit of metal that goes in their mouths to aid steering. He had really harsh ones that cut up his mouth, so its been the hardest thing to reteach him" the information spilled out of Claire, green eyes lit up while talking about the big black horse "he's intelligent and cheeky, determined and he tries really hard, and shows off for his mare" opting to leave it there before it sounded like she was infatuated with the cheeky bastard Claire just nodded in acceptance as Alex explained that he was waiting for the tide to turn, it made sense however waiting for such a thing hadn't been possible for the two creatures already at sea. They loved it and hated being away from it, it was part of them no matter how far away they were, becoming a little wary at the questions about River, the rather powerful shadow master studied him seriously a few moments unable to help the fierce protectiveness that she felt when it came to her soul shadow. "Yes she did, thanks again for your help, she's already out there waiting" it was easier to talk to him about River without having to be careful that the others might hear. Sure they were okay if they were on the boat, but she'd long learned to be extremely secretive when it came to those that she cared about, getting annoyed with the wind as it pulled whisps of her hair out of its loose plait, Claire huffed and dug around in her pockets for a few of the bobby pins she kept on her person. Finding one or two and using them to manage the black strands that had been pulled free she leaned against the railing again, most of the time she didn't mind but if there was a wind or she was riding the wind used the strands of hair to tickle her, which she was particularly sensitive too.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 10:24 pm

Pleased that she was more relaxed this time, the man listened closely to her answers, enjoying the learning. “He sounds lovely, sad to hear that was he abused though. He must be lucky to have you and your dad.” He nodded a little. “He’s really well known for his horse stuff, mum likes reading about what he does.” It would be a little bit yet before the tide went out, but that was okay, he didn’t mind waiting. It was nice and peaceful on the boat with her, just listening to the sea and the birds, and having the nice conversation with Claire. “Oh good, I’m glad she’s okay now.” Noticing how wary the young woman was about talking about the dragon, he didn’t push the subject, unwilling to make her uneasy. Tying his hair back, he took a glance at the time and stayed where he was. Still a bit to go. “How do you teach an abused horse to accept things again? It sounds hard, but I guess it’d depend on the horse, right?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 11:41 am

Watching Alex's response, it was surprisingly pleasant that he was so interested, and the way his interest was clearly displayed on his features, she was admittedly privately proud of how well her father was known and respected for his work with horses. Herself she was happy to just learn as much as she could when it came to vet medicine, chiropractor work, bodywork, acupuncture and more, Claire had always wanted to learn everything that could be learnt about horses to help them. All of her study and work had proven useful when it'd come to helping Killian recover, it had been a long hard road for them all and she was thrilled with the progress with the big black stallion. Alex still seemed interested in asked a few more questions pertaining to how one would go about retraining an abused horse "It depends on the horse, in alot of ways a wild horse is easier to train because its had no negative life experiences. I was lucky enough to already had a bond with him, i've owned him before and he was stolen from me, so that made it easier to do things because he remembered me and had trust for me still. Its a lot of pushing his challenge line and rewarding him when he does the right thing with something tasty, he's a good boy" it was sort of strange, it felt good to be able to talk to someone who wasn't family, who was willing to listen and ask questions. Almost like it was a way of venting, even if she wasn't telling the complete truth, a way of pretending to be normal, to not have shadows or have all the issues that came with having them and her family dramas.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 11:58 am

Frowning when she revealed that the horse had been stolen, he kept those thoughts to himself for now and kept listening. She was so much more animated when talking about the horse, clearly the animals were a passion of hers like the sea was for him. “Poor boy. He’s very lucky to have you by the sounds of it.” Noticing that finally the tide was turning, he made note of the time, wanting to finish the conversation before moving to get the boat moving. “And you reckon he’ll make a full recovery? Or will there always be little things he won’t do?” Listening to her answer, he nodded as he took it in, liking the easiness of their conversation now. When she was done, he straightened from the railing, the breeze tugging at his hair. “Tide’s turning, let’s get moving sunshine.” Giving her a few things to do to help him, it wasn’t long before the boat was heading out into open water, where he called her over. “Ever driven a boat before?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 12:46 pm

Glancing away briefly when she was told that the black horse was lucky to have her, Claire looked back at him when he asked another couple of questions "In time I believe he will, he wont ever be completely comfortable with a bit but im aiming for at least tolerating it at this stage" nodding in understanding when he told her the tide was turning, her brows jerked up a little skeptically when he called her sunshine. Not arguing however she set about completing the few tasks she'd been given to do by him, finishing them just before he called out to her, Claire wandered over too him and shook her head "Nope" not completely true, she'd had a pirate ship a while ago but she was fairly certain that a sailing ship and the boat she was currently on handled very differently. It was easier just to say she hadn't and play dumb, she was dressed in her usual breeches and polo shirt, fair skinned she burned instead of tanned, so her hat as usual was comfortably protecting her from the sun as much as she could get out here. Tucking her hands into the back pockets of her breeches, Claire's gaze flicked from Alex out towards where she could guess her dragon was.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 7:34 pm

Moving away from the wheel, he indicated for her to take his spot, showing her how to drive it. “This is probs illegal since you don’t have a boat license, but we’ll just keep an eye out for coppers.” Distracted by that, he pondered on an idea. “If you wanna keep coming with us, I’d advise you get one, means you can drive if need be. Anyway.” Showing her how all the controls worked, he helped her guide them through a bit of a rough patch in the ocean, cheerful friendliness gleaming in his eyes and face. He was so at home on the sea, like it was a second home to him and it showed whenever he was on the water. “What do you know about whale sharks, anything?” He couldn’t wait to show her what he knew, already he thought of her as a friend after the month they’d been at sea together already, and hopefully this trip he’d be able to get her to open up a bit more, and help her see more of the sea with him.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 8:42 pm

Stepping into his spot and taking the wheel an amused smile curled her lips, the last time she'd sailed you didn't need a license to sail or in this case drive. In all honesty it was a little disappointing, there was so much missing from this moment, the snap of canvas sails and the feeling of the ship being pulled through the water of it feeling alive. Keeping eyes on where she was going, Claire supposed that it'd be a good idea to do so, even if she disliked the feeling of this... boat to the feeling of her ship it'd make her more useful and that was something important. Listening closely as he explained how the various controls worked and ignored the urge to smirk as he advised her how to navigate the rough patch of ocean. The question about sharks was one she considered "I'm afraid my knowledge is fairly out dated, I know where they can be found, they're fairly edible, they're tough and hardy, and have keen senses of smell. I know a little of bull, hammerhead and greatwhite's but its not much" not quite as animated she was more sheepish at her lack of knowledge, as pirates they'd hunted them as a last option when there was nothing left and they were desperate. Because of this she was eager to learn more about them and let Alex teach her what he knew, she already knew from their previous trip that he got just as excited about the sea as she did about her horses, it was his passion and it was pleasant to watch him go into detail.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 9:03 pm

Happy with her driving, Alex sprawled on a perch nearby, unbothered by her lack of knowledge. “Awesome. That’ll make swimming with them even more fun.” His eyes sparkled at the idea, and his usual friendly grin was soon directed towards her. “They’re massive things, covered in spots, but they’re pretty much harmless. Gentle giants of the sea, like the blue whales. Largest fish in the sea, they eat plankton.” Pondering what else he could tell her, he swung his feet gently, quite happy on his perch as they moved through the water. “Divers don’t seem to bother them, but we’re aiming to head to where we reckon they birth. No one’s found that yet, but there’s a massive concentration of them in the next couple of weeks where we’re heading. We’re just gonna watch them and see what happens, maybe tag a few, fingers crossed we see some pups.” Aware that he was rambling a little, he ignored that, thoroughly happy to explain what was going on. “I’ll show you how to tag when we get there, it’s not hard, but does take a bit of practice. Mostly we’ll just be swimming, so that’ll be good fun.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:15 am

Listening as Alex burst into a ramble, her smile remained on her face while she listened closely to him chattering away. It was all very fascinating, she'd had no interaction with whale sharks so all of the information was new and interesting. Once he'd finished she began to ask questions, "Why has no one found where they have their pups? What parts of the world do they like to frequent? Do they raise their young or are they on their own" pausing to take a breath more questions continued to billow to the surface "how big do they get? Are they prey for anything themselves? How long do they live?" eager to hear Alex's responses to her questions, Claire briefly glanced over at him again "Ramble away, its all interesting" the idea of diving with the whale sharks was exciting, the most she'd dived before now were old wrecks which occasionally had meant avoiding big sharks that seemed to think she'd potentially be an easy meal. She'd always had a healthy respect for them, still a little snobbish at the fact that this boat was nothing like her sailing ship she decided at some point she'd have to go visit her hidden away vessel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

after all is said and done
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Miscellaneous Rp-
Jump to: