The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

after all is said and done

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

after all is said and done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 10:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Claire hasn't shown up or rung the farm in about three months causing Julian to worry and Killian to grow antsy and restless. When contact is made it sounds as if she has been carefully manipulated something very had to do to claire. After that drama she decides that she's giving up on finding someone and decides to throw herself into er horses and her studies
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 6:28 pm

Pulling back a little from the hug she frowned at her horses condition "Your hooves are in horrible condition, you're all skinny and dirty too" she scolded him although the effect was ruined with her red eyes and tear stained cheeks. Finding a firm brush she began getting the caked mud off of his coat, caring for the stallion distracting her from her own issues. Looking up at his words melissa nodded, "yes, he hurt someone you and brother care about deeply, he must be destroyed" picking out the silver weapons that had been well hidden more than the others she looked back up at Julian when he mentioned claire recovering. Nodding she hid the rest of the weapons away in their cache and straightened up watching Julian tickle his shadow, moving over to him she touched a hand to his shoulder in a silent attempt to comfort him a little.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 7:19 pm

Snorting softly, Killian followed her when she went to get a brush, wanting to stay close to her. Stumbling a little over his awful hooves, he nosed her cheek gently. Worried about you. I’m fine. Enjoying the grooming and how it scratched at the caked on mud, he swung his head around to watch her, shaking the messy thick mane out of his eyes. You’re safe now. Are you staying? Julian nodded with a sigh. “Be careful then. There was lots of silver around the house, I don’t know if he’s unaffected by it. I don’t want to risk losing you as well.” Looking at her when she reached out, he gave her a crooked smile and a quick hug.

Claire'd been safe at home for a few months now, and Julian was happy with how she was recovering, though she still stuck close to her horse and didn't go far out of the farm. Hanging up the phone after calling in a few favours from some friends of his, he wandered out to find her. Like he'd thought, she was working with the stallion, and the stockman leaned on the gate to watch them. Fidgeting a little as she picked up his feet, Killian turned his head, sniffing at the back of her neck before nibbling on her hair. Carrots?
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 8:13 pm

Focused on fixing his feet that likely were going to need several more trimmings to fix she lifted her head feeling him sniffing at the back of her neck and then trying to eat her hair "You'll get an entire apple if you hold still and let me tend to your feet" she replied lifting her head to narrow her eyes at him. Not really focusing on anything else until all four feet had been tended to she passed the horse the two halves of apple she'd brought with her for this eventuality. Smiling up at him affectionately she felt content, she didn't need anyone she knew that now, she had her horse and her father, she still loved the horse who'd once been a man but in a different way he was family now. Him and his wife Renee the grey mare sticking close to him, noticing Julian she unhalted the stallion and walked over to the fence wondering what was going on in his head he had a look on his face that he got when he was plotting.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 8:57 pm

Thinking over her offering, the stallion settled and stood still for her while she finished with his feet. They were feeling better now at least. Crunching the apple happily, he followed Claire when she noticed her father, keeping close to her like he’d been doing ever since she’d got back. Julian was still somewhat worried about her, but he kept that from her as much as he could. For now, he was just going to offer her an escape. “Had a call from an old friend,” he told her, tugging on her braid gently. “He’s a marine biologist. He and his team are going out in a week or so for a month long trip on the sea. He wanted to know if I knew anyone who’d want to come along and learn a while, give him a hand. Do you want to?” He hoped that she would say yes, she needed to get off the farm for a bit and clear her head. The sea was perfect for her, she loved being on the water.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 9:18 pm

Listening carefully Claire digested the information, it'd be nice to be on the sea agian yet she was hesitant, having lost trust or even tolerance for men in general she wasn't sure she wanted to be away from her horse and home. "I dunno Jules" she murmured reaching out and petting the black stallions neck "Being away from home again, even on the sea" she sighed and closed her eyes a moment revealing just how much she'd lost and how far away from a proper recovery she was. Glancing down at her horses feet she scuffed her foot through the grass looking up at the horse before asking him "What do you think?" she could guess that her father wanted her to go but she wanted to make sure it was alright with the stallion as well. The idea of being on the sea again was tempting but she was so wary of being hurt again, she didn't really want to be around men or anyone that wasn't family.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 9:31 pm

Julian simply nodded, touching her shoulder gently. He knew that she was still struggling to recover completely, and he didn’t like that he couldn’t do much to help her any more. “Have a think about it, bear,” he told her quietly, running his eyes over the stallion to check how he was going. Satisfied that she was bringing him back up to condition, he gave a small nod, thinking. It was probably time to start bitting the stallion to give him something new to think about. Deciding to bring that up at dinner, Julian didn't mention his thoughts for now. “I told him I’d let him know tomorrow, so you’ve got time to think.” Giving her a gentle smile, he headed off to his client’s horses, needing to do some more work with the feisty mare before heading in to start dinner.
With Julian gone, Killian snuffled at Claire’s pockets, wondering if she had anything else tasty in there. Do you want to? he asked her practically. All he wanted was for her to be happy and settled again. Though he didn't ’t want to see her go, he knew that the sea and being away from land might be the best thing for her. You love the sea, seasprite. Maybe you should go do what you want for a while, be alone with River. Lifting his head, he nuzzled her gently. We’re still here for you. Always.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 10:54 pm

Thinking about it while he nuzzled her, Claire was quiet the rest of the time she worked with him and Renee, turning up in time for dinner after feeding the horses. Claire sat next to Julian and pushed her food around the plate quietly before speaking softly "I'll do it, I havent been to the sea in months" more like a couple of years she'd been so busy with work, horses and then when Oliver had taken her. Starting to at after telling her father what she'd decided she added "When are they leaving port?" she'd need to be there at least a day or so before hand so she could settle in and adjust to the new area.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 10:59 pm

Glancing up when she finally spoke, Julian gave her a quiet smile. “It’ll be good for you. He said they’re leaving on the 12th, and to be there no earlier than the morning of the 11th. From memory, he can be quite scatterbrained, so he might not realise who you are until you introduce yourself.” Going silent again, he thought through the thought he’d had earlier, turning it over in his mind before speaking again. “Reckon it’s time for that stallion to learn something new. He’s been threatening to eat my roses lately. Maybe time to try bitting him?” He lifted an eyebrow at her, wanting her thoughts on the idea. It would be good for the horse to learn to accept a gentle bit, and it would open up the competition chances for both of them as well. “Whaddya think?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 11:16 pm

Listening carefully she nodded the comment about the male she spoke "I'll need a name to go along with that dad" finishing the food on her plate she fiddled with her fork thinking about her stallion "That sounds good, he needs something to keep him busy or i'll have to geld the sod and he wont forgive me for that" never really understanding why her father was so keen on keepign his roses uneaten she stood and picked up his plate when he'd finished as well headng into the kitchen to wash up. Wondering where mel was and guessing that the woman must be away on a hunt she waited paitently for her fathers response
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 11:29 pm

Julian studied her a moment. “Alexander Grace,” he replied. “Young kid, relatively.” He smirked a little, and followed her into the kitchen, leaning on the doorjamb. “I don't think Renee would forgive you for gelding him either, in all honesty. Do you want my help with introducing the bit, or do you think you'll be fine on your own?” He didn't mind either way, it helped him keep busy while Mel was off on a hunt. “You okay, kiddo? Coping okay? You know you can talk to me whenever you need to.” Watching her a moment longer, he walked forward, wrapping his arms around to give her a hug. She looked she needed one, and he was always happy to oblige her.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 6:36 pm

Amused because to them most people were young kids, Claire carefully tended to the dishes always preferring to do them by hand than use a dishwasher. "your help would be much appreciated" she replied glancing over at Julian quietly, she knew that getting the bit into her horses mouth would be a fight and her father had so much more experience with horses than herself. A little surprised at the sudden questions and the hug she returned it firmly "I'm okay, bitting wise i think I'll start off with a soft rubber bit and add apple sauce to it" the rubber wouldn't hurt his mouth and the apple sauce would make it more of a positive thing for him.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 6:50 pm

He nodded, holding the hug to keep her safe. Nodding, he tugged gently on her braid. "Alright. We'll get started in the morning. That sounds like a good plan, and hopefully he won't act up too much. The apple should help him." Tightening the hug, he made sure the kitchen was clean and headed to bed. As always up early the next morning, he fed the horses before getting breakfast for himself, waiting for Claire to work out what she was going to be doing with the stallion. The horse had been calm for once, which would hopefully only be a good sign for the session they were hoping to do with him.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 3:05 pm

Up early she'd caught her stallion and brought him into the cross ties, giving him a brush over before heading away to her car. Finding the bit she wanted she briefly headed inside and found the apple sauce, squirting some of it into his mouth so he got a taste for it she then slathered plenty on the bit after attaching it to one of her old bridles that didn't matter if they were broken. Waiting for her father to turn up she hummed quietly to herself "You're alright blackie but we're going to have to become more strict with you i think, you've been let a way with a bit too much" blackie was one of her few nicknames for the big stallion, the other being Killi. However blackie was her most used one, rubbing his nose affectionately she waited for Julian quite paitently knowing he needed to have his breakfast after tending to all of the horses.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 5:12 pm

Having eaten his breakfast as quickly as always, the stallion didn’t put up much of a fuss when his human haltered him, following along behind her obediently. Disliking the crossties, however, he jerked his head up, testing to see if he could break free, and pranced when he couldn’t. I behave when you want me to, he protested, licking slightly at the taste of the apple. He wasn’t sure about this, especially when he noted the stockman coming towards them. Both of them around only mean that he was going to have to do more work than normal. Testing the leadropes again, he backed away as far as he could, his head lifted high. Seeing the stallion already acting up, Julian gave a sigh, stopping to stand next to Claire. “Acting up already, huh? This will be interesting then. Give him any apple yet?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 5:16 pm

Watching him Claire made a mental note to begin conditioning him to believe the crossties were a place where things were ok. "Gave him a squirt of the sauce, this is definitely going to be interesting" not letting herself feel defeated, they'd do this it would all be okay. Moving forward she brought him forward "Don't be silly, nothing bad is going to happen to you alright?" keeping her voice firm and confident she kept her eye on the horse quite prepared to give him a tune up if he was going to continue being an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 5:21 pm

Snorting, Killian aimed his ears towards Claire, lowering his head to nudge her shoulder. What are you planning? Sniffing at her hands, he found more of the apple there and licked at it, wanting more. More apple? It was such a rare treat for them, he was going to take advantage of getting all that he could. Watching the horse, Julian nodded. “Well he seems to be calmer now.” Taking hold of the side of the halter, he kept the horse’s head where it already was, patting the sleek neck. “Offer it to him while he’s still looking for the apple. Keep him interested.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 5:28 pm

A little wary of him accidentally biting her she glanced over at Julian, nodding she told the horse "Yes more apple" moving away to find the bridle, she'd taken the reins off of it so they wouldn't get in the way and the horse stand on them and break them. Moving to stand on the other side of the horse to Jules she offered him the bit "More apple" she told him, she didn't expect the horse to accept the bit right off the bat and so was prepared to let him lick it clean a couple of times before slipping it into his mouth and the bridle over his ears. Focusing on the horse she kept an eye on him wanting to know before he did if something happened, silently grateful she had his help, once the horse had licked it clean a couple of times she resauced the bit and brought it up to his mouth but moved it away when he went to lick it being stubborn and not letting him lick it again it was either not have it or put the entire thing in his mouth
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 5:33 pm

Focused on the apple, and reaching for it, Killian ignored the Julian’s grip on the halter, deciding that he wasn’t an issue. Happily licking at the sauce, he reached for it again, stamping his foot when she took it away. He wanted more of the tasty treat. Trying to toss his head up, he got grumpier when Julian didn’t let him, and shook his head instead, thinking about his options. Eventually, he reached for the treat again, resigned to doing what she wanted to get the sauce. I want it. He took a few steps forward, flicking his tail impatiently as he stretched his head out again.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 5:39 pm

Bringing the bridle back she slipped the rubber bit into his mouth and held it there until he'd played with it and gotten most of the sauce off. Lowering the bit out of his mouth she repeated the process until he'd settled down with the bit in his mouth, using the last of the sauce on the bit once more she guided the rubber bit into his mouth and stretched up tucking it over his ears with her fathers help. Pleased with the progress they'd managed to make she watched Killian carefully wanting to keep an eye on the stallion, she needed to get stricter with him it wasn't good to be so open minded for a stallion even if he had a human mind. He was a horse first now, and that was how he needed to be treateed
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Wary of the bit, he jerked his head up the first time, shuffling his feet while he thought about it. Eventually settling down, he let them slip the bridle over his ears, tossing his head when Julian finally let go of the halter and stepped back. He didn’t mind the straps, those were ignored since he was used to the bitless bridle and accepted that. Flickering his ears, he lifted his head out of reach, chewing on the bit while he thought about it. It didn’t feel like any of the ones Ice had used on him, and he knew that Claire wouldn’t ever want to hurt him. After a while thinking about it, he licked and chewed a little, lowering his head to nudge Claire again. Why a bit now? I’m good with bitless.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 5:50 pm

Rubbing his nose gently Claire smiled "Because you needed something new to learn, Jules was getting worried about his roses" telling him he was a good boy she rubbed his neck and left the bridle on his head for a few moments longer. When his head was lowered again properly she removed the bridle and rubbed his forehead "See, not so bad after all, good man" Glancing over at Julian she raised her eyebrows silently asking if he reckoned they should push farther today or leave everything on a good note. She'd be leaving in a couple of days and wouldn't be back for quite a while, knowing she was going to miss her big black horse she did her best to try and ignore it.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 5:54 pm

The horse snorted, sniffing about for more apple when the bridle was removed. Roses are tasty. More apple? Noticing her expression, Julian tipped his hat back a little, thinking about the implied question. “Nah, leave him on a good note. Do another session after lunch, and twice a day until you get going. Get him used to the bit, and being in crossties.” Aiming a slight frown at the horse, he shook his head a little. “He used to be good with them, now he’s gone backwards. He just needs a reminder that they’re okay.” he patted Claire on the shoulder, and headed off, confident that she could deal with the horse on her own now. Watching him go, Killian pricked his ears forward, then returned his attention to Claire, nibbling on her hair. Apple.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 6:00 pm

Patting the horses shoulder she moved away and mixed up a small feed for him, bringing it back and setting it at his feet "Here, and no, you get apple when you earn it adn you've had more than your quota of the day mr" giving him a quick brush down she left him there and headed off to do some work with renee. Bringing her in and tacking her up Claire began sending the dressage horse through her paces, focusing on making the mare do a fair bit of each thing required in the dressage test she'd entered in the coming months. She loved working with the gentle mare, she tried her heart out for all of her riders and was a beautiful animal, asking her into a canter she laughed unconsiously enjoying the easy ride
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 6:04 pm

Snorting in protest at not being allowed any more apple, Killian didn’t bother arguing, focused on the feed instead. Enjoying the grooming, he tugged at the crossties experimentally once he was finished the food and then stood there with a sigh. Dark intelligent eyes stayed focused on his mate and Claire, watching them unwaveringly while he waited, much more patiently than normal. He was remembering crossties now, and knew that there wasn’t anything bad about them here. Eyeing the bucket that the feed had been in, he nudged it with his nose, tipping it over and sending it rolling merrily away. His ears pricked forward towards it, he watched it the whole time until it stopped, wondering what Claire was going to do now.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 7:23 pm

Eventually she finished with the mare, dismounting she lead the mare to the hitching rail and untacked her before giving her a good wash and turned her out into the paddock to have a roll and some fun. Returning to the stallion she smiled at him, sweaty and dirty but happy, picking up the bridle she moved around to him, out of apple sauce he'd have to just deal with it. Firmly telling him to stand she lifted the bit up to his lips and encouraged him to take it into his mouth, the afternoon lesson was a shorter one than the one that'd been done that morning reaffirming what he'd learnt that morning. Afterwards she treated him to a really good brush until he was relaxed and half asleep, leading hi back to the paddock she turned him loose and fed him a couple of pieces of carrots
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

after all is said and done
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Miscellaneous Rp-
Jump to: