The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When the Cicadas cry

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:54 am

First topic message reminder :

The year is 2011, the past year on the fourth of September there was a 7.1 earthquake that shocked the south Island of New Zealand. Thankfully no one was killed but some serious damage was done, it is February of 2011 now and unbeknownst to anyone the clock is ticking down on the quake that will change it all. Meet our characters, they end up being thrown together after the quake and find that they begin having flash backs of another life and another time when they are around each other. Will the small band of heroes survive the apocalyptic conditions or will they succumb to the death, everything will be revealed when the Cicadas cry

Last edited by Raven on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:33 am

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Home / With: Haytham
Thomas' eyes widened as the lips pressed against his own. He returned the kiss almost immediately, eyes closing, his mind slowly catching up to what was happening. When it finally caught up, he pulled away, placing his head in his hands, muttering something to himself.

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Home / With: Rose
Joshua raised an eyebrow, his voice returning to normal, "Wow, fancy car..." He chuckled, looking over at her, "I can listen to Wicked any day, though I actually prefer RENT, Wicked is a close second. You'll have to deal with me singing any Fiyero parts." His phone began ringing and he pulled it out, raising an eyebrow at the unknown number. He hit 'answer' and put it to his ear, "Hello?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:43 am

Rose whispered "oh no i don't just have Wicked, one rule of this car, driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole" pulling the car out of its parked place she turned it onto the road listening to the hum of the engine with a calm look on her face. Lauchlan texted her back as she pulled out her crappy phone and read it she snickered slightly.

Haytham blinked in suprise as Thomas returned the kiss, when THomas pulled away Haytham stared at the ground "im sorry i just noones ever done something like this for me before and i just" he flushed and crouched back down to look at all of the art supplies.

Avaline sighed, looking at her bruised and battered form, she had been staying away from everyone especially James Talbot, she needed space and well she didn't want him knowin gwhat she had been going through. She could take care of her boss by herself, that she was certain of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:52 am

Thomas chewed his lip a little, looking up. "Well... I'm glad you like it..." He rubbed the back of his neck, frowning, "I'm sorry..." In truth, he had wanted the kiss, he returned it. However, he couldn't want it. He had no idea how his parents would react if they found out. He didn't even know their views on this sort of thing, except that they weren't the most fond of gays. They didn't hate them but, they weren't fond of them.

Joshua paused in answering to frown at her, "Hey! No texting and driving." He placed the phone back to his ear. "Hello, yes, this is Josh. Who is this?" His face paled a bit at the response. Only his side of the conversation could be heard. "How the hell did you get my number?... Why would she do that?... No, I'm damn well fine on my own, I don't need your help!... I don't care if you flew here from America, it's probably on mom's dime, anyway!... Yeah, seven years and you think I'm just going to talk to you!?" Josh's voice had a definite angry tone to it, a slight defensive growl behind the words.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:58 am

Haytham glanced up at him "you shouldn't apoligise, you did nothing wrong" he smiled lightly his dark eyes bright with gratitude and affection before he returned his gaze to the case. He ran his hands over the paintbrushes and stared with awe at the pencils within the case.

Rose raised her eyebrows looking interested, she reached over and yanked the phone out of Joshuas grip "who is this and why are you pushing up ickle joshykins blood pressure" she said primly, easily driving along her spare hand holding onto the steering wheel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:07 am

Thomas smiled a bit at him. "I am glad you like it. I had hoped you would. I saw you were running low..." He watched him, rubbing the black of his neck again. A faint blush had crept into his features. Why had he wanted that kiss to happen? Why was he trying so hard to make the other man happy? Why couldn't he just... turn it off like he normally did?

Joshua went to protest but, by then she'd already addressed the person on the phone. And worse, she'd used some horrid form of pet name. His ears reddened a bit at that. The voice on the phone was male, sounding mid-twenties, no accent. "Joshykins? Wow, that's... that's a bad one. Geeze, how red are his ears right now? They always go red when he's embarrassed." He paused in speaking and a sigh was heard, "I'm Kyle, his brother. I'm not trying to make him angry. Our mother called me, said some things about a recent interaction with our father and that she thought Josh could use some help. Flew in soon as I got the call. Who is this?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:15 am

"hmm, his ears are a strawberry red" she said smirking over at him, she raised her eyebrows hearing the male continue "hes fine, hes getting taken to the best place in the world for... a break i suppose we could say" she smiled slightly she loved the malborough sounds. They were her favorite get away place, they were away from cities and there was native bush and birdsong. "This is nobody in particular" she glanced over at Joshua before she chewed on her lip thinking "im taking him up to my brothers, if you meet us at Picton in say" she looked at the time "five hours you can come with us to Lauchies"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:25 am

Thomas took a step back, rubbing his face. He had the urge to return to his punching bag. He wanted to explain but didn't have the words. He couldn't stop himself before saying, "Haytham..." He shut himself up quickly after that. The tone as he said the name suggested that he did have something to say, however.

The voice, Kyle, replied, "Ah, so, the girl my father was bitching about, the one who interrupted their... talk." Just from that sentence, it was easy to tell this brother was the smarter, more deductive of the two. "I'll meet you there. I'm not sure I'll recognize Josh or he'll recognize me so... Look for a red, sorta vintage-looking motorcycle." Josh gave a groan, "Why are you inviting him? Why?" His voice had a slightly pleading whine to it.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:31 am

"Thats me, Rose the interrupting bitch" she shoved her hand into joshuas face "Shush you idiot" she told him, returning to the phone she nodded slightly "alright, meet you at the entrance of the city, the bach is about another hour up through twisty country so hope you don't get sick" she told him before she clicked off the phone and tossed it to Joshua "so abrother huh?"

Haytham turned looking up at him before he straightened up "yes thomas?" he asked making sure that he wasn't too close to the younger man. His dark eyes were compassionate and curious, he could feel the urges within his body drawing him toward Thomas an urge to kiss the man so strong it made him slightly dizzy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:41 am

Thomas bit his lip a bit, looking away, "I don't know what I'm doing..." He gave a sigh, frowning, "Do you remember when we first met? That talk about my parents?" His gaze drifted back over to Haytham.

Joshua frowned a bit, catching the phone. "Yeah, my older brother, by a year." He sighed deeply, "He's an asshole, really. Haven't seen the guy since he ran out on us seven years ago. Saw the scar on my back? The bad one? That's what happened because of him leaving..." He kept his eyes focused on the road, the frown staying.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:48 am

Rose nodded slightly "oh i see..." she chewed on the tip of her tongue before she switched the music back on and began singing along to reach for the stars. The red head hummed along, glancing over at him "I hope you don't mind listening to my travel music for the next few hours" her green eyes looked slightly worried.

Haytham nodded slightly "yeah they pay for all of this" he said folding his arms behind him tilting his head to the side looking curious. He didn't know what he wa sdoing? did that mean that he might have feelings for him?it all sounded too good to be true
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:58 am

Thomas nodded, "They do, yeah..." He dropped his gaze again. "There's something I've been hiding for a very long time from them... from everyone." He rubbed at his neck, "I've done a damn good job at hiding it, too. I thought I'd mastered being able to turn off emotions."

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Car / With: Rose
Joshua gave a sigh, "Yeah..." As she mentioned the music, he looked over at her, smiling a bit, "No, it's fine. So long as it isn't country, hip-hop, or techno. So fear, this doesn't sound to be any of those." He leaned back in sort of the corner of the seat, resting there. He propped his chin up on his hand, watching out the window a little. He couldn't help but wonder why, out of everyone, why his mother would call Kyle, fly Kyle in. Sure, he and Kyle had been close, before the ass' self preservation had kicked in and he'd abandoned them.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 10:05 am

The reply quietly came oh ok Tobe personally was tired out from the emotianlly stressful day, he wanted nothing more than to have a hot bath and a hot chocolate to chase out the cold that fed on his bones. He shivered and ran a hand through his hair

Haytham tilted his head to the side "oh?" he frowned "i don't think that turning off emotions is healthy, emotions are there for a reason" he still had his arms folded behind his back his kind pale face watched him curiously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 10:10 am

Thomas frowned at that, chewing his bottom lip. "I guess it wasn't turning off so much as denying half of the emotion entirely because I don't know how they'd react to it." He leaned against the wall, shrugging, "It was easy enough to only use half of it."

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / Home / With: --
Alex sighed a bit, replying, 'I'm sorry I interfered. It's just that I could hear how she was treating you and it made me mad. No one should be treating you that way.'
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 10:14 am

Haytham nodded unfolding the arms behind his back, he slowly reached out his hand palm up "Don't deny it then, your parents do not have to know do they?" he tilted his head to the side. This male was so kind, considerate and generous he wanted to do something to pay him back for the kindness that had been shown toward him.

It is fine, i thank you for your concern, i guess you really do care
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 10:23 am

Thomas raised his eyes from the ground at the motion. He gave a sigh, "I... suppose not..." Perhaps he was paranoid. Perhaps no one would rat him out and, even if someone did, maybe they'd be okay with it. He studied the hand for a short moment before placing his own in it.

'It's no problem for me. And, of course I care, Tobe. You're my friend. I'm not about to let Nurse Ratched come in and talk to you like that. Some of the things she was saying were good to listen to, sure, like taking your pills and not hurting yourself... but the way she said those things was uncalled for.'
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 10:28 am

Haytham slowly interlaced his fingers through it and tilted his hand to the side slightly smiling gently, he waited for a few moments before he lightly pulled Thomas against him inspecting his face quietly. He would wait for Thomas to be ready before he decided to do anything else

Thank you came the reply before he paused and continued i am going to go have a bath, but when i return would you like to have a game of team fortress two?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 10:40 am

Thomas smiled faintly as he was pulled towards the other male. Well, now they really were going to end up as they were in the visions. He scanned Haytham's face briefly, thinking. This was no different than any other time he'd been with someone, right? Just a male instead of a female. That should make it all the easier. He pressed his lips to Haytham's gently, finally actually giving in to the emotions floating around in his head.

Alex smiled as the second message came through. 'I would like that, yes.' He would make a plan with Tobe at some point. Maybe meet up once a week to just hang out and make certain he'd been taking what he needed to take.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 10:46 am

Haytham smiled as he felt Thomas's lips against his, his own soft lips moved slightly his long arms encircled the shorter man and pulled himcloser. His eyes flicked shut and he gave into the emotions that caused him to feel this way for the man in his arms.

-five hours later-

Rose pulled up outside picton at about 4am in the morning, she yawned slightly glancing over at Josh "its your turn to drive" she told him getting out of the car she stretched her ginger hair like a torch in the light of the cars headlights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 10:55 am

Joshua got out of the car and stretched a bit, sighing, "Good thing the insomnia is kicking in a little!" He grinned a bit at her, making light of it while he could. A motorcycle pulled into the station. Josh glanced over to see the man riding it get off and pulled off his helmet, revealing his face, before he adjusted his black leather riding jacket. He frowned as he recognized the man, "Kyle..." Kyle smiled a bit, walking over, "Hey, Josh... you have... do you have facial hair? Honestly? That's a new one." Josh sighed, "Yeah, well, not my fault you haven't seen me since I was fifteen."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 10:59 am

Rose had gotten back in the car when Kyle had pulled up, her eyes half lidded she watched them both aware that she wouldn't be able to sleep until they got to the bach mainly because if she didn't they would get themselves lost. Yawning slightly she decided that she could let herself lightly doze off, her eyes properly closed and a comfortble sound came from her. She had inspected the new male and found him physically pleasing, he seemed a bit more perceptive than the ever happy joshua.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:06 am

Joshua gave a sigh as his brother very quickly picked up on the bandage on his elbow and made the connection, his eyes narrowing a bit, "Drugs, Joshua?" He watched Kyle and motioned with his head towards Rose, "Being rehabilitated. Look, just... follow on your bike, I guess." Kyle nodded a bit, "All right. When we get there, you and I are having a chat." Josh rolled his eyes, headed to the driver's seat, "Oh joy." He got in and his brother fixed his helmet, getting on his motorcycle. Josh glanced over at Rose and smiled a bit. He glanced around for what he was positive Thomas would have in a car like this one. Finding it, he sighed and looked back towards here, touching her shoulder. "Here, navigation system. Just type it in and I'll follow that so you can sleep." He smiled at her.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:10 am

Rose opened an eye and clumsily tapped in the address before she clicked the song to radioactive and closed the eye again. Her ginger hair half in her face as she stretched back a sigh leaving her, she removed her jacket and pulled it over her rubbing her eyes she mumbled "wake me when we get to the driveway as there are several baches down there" she lightly punched his shoulder before she let herself drift off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:19 am

Joshua's smile grew a bit as she curled back up. It reminded him a bit of her falling asleep during the movie. He started off, following the navigation, Kyle behind them the whole way.
As they approached the driveway, he touched Rose's shoulder gently. "There."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:28 am

As he touched her she jerked awake her breath hissing into her mouth before she recognized him "alright, drive down here" the fourth house down the narrow driveway that had baches built into the side of the mountain and the sharp cliff down to their left. Pulling up she got out and opened the door walking into the bach, it was a two story but done so that the second story was the one you walked into with the bottom story built into the side of the hill below. Rose mumbled "you and yer brother can have the beds downstairs" downstairs there was a pool table, as well as a spare bathroom that also held the laundry. The beds were two that were built into the wall, a fold out double bed couch and bunkbeds. there was no carpet, underneath their feet was a comfortable oak floor that was varnished to bring out its warmth. She walked into the house, the first thing you saw was the stairs that went down to the left, there was a sliding door on the right that lead into the main bathroom, and a door for the toilet. She walked into the main room her bags over her back, there was another sliding door that was her brothers room, there was a small box tv on a set of wheels and held up with a steel framework. There was an old rocking chair, and a wooden framed couch with some pillows on it, and some chairs that matched. On the floor there was a huge rug that spanned it, a large cabnet over in one corner that held most of the supplies for her brothers work. The kitchen was painted a dark blue and desgined in a very 70's manner. There was a balcony that was painted a sort of rusty red that ran round the front of the batch showing off the beautiful view of the bay beneath them. Her room was an addon one that had been added onto the balcony.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:36 am

Joshua frowned a bit, doing as she instructed, "You're going to make me share a room with him? Fine..." Josh knew he probably wouldn't be in the room all that long. His brother would have jet lag, which helped for the night. He didn't want his brother anywhere near him on the bad days, though. He gave a small sigh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When the Cicadas cry
Page 17 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: