The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When the Cicadas cry

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:54 am

First topic message reminder :

The year is 2011, the past year on the fourth of September there was a 7.1 earthquake that shocked the south Island of New Zealand. Thankfully no one was killed but some serious damage was done, it is February of 2011 now and unbeknownst to anyone the clock is ticking down on the quake that will change it all. Meet our characters, they end up being thrown together after the quake and find that they begin having flash backs of another life and another time when they are around each other. Will the small band of heroes survive the apocalyptic conditions or will they succumb to the death, everything will be revealed when the Cicadas cry

Last edited by Raven on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:23 pm

"Because he needs to learn that the world isn't a nice place but you have to get out there anyway, besides its obvious from his state that he will be going back to hospital sometime soon" the words left her lips and struck Tobe quite obviously. His trembling got worse his mouth opening, a soft wail left him and he fled up the stairs to hide under his bed whispering "no no no" the whispering turned to a frightful wail of terror "NO NO NO, I DON'T WANT TO GO THERE"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / Home / With: --
Alex growled at the woman as her words made Tobe run. "I've known him little more than a week and I've made better progress than you have!" His hands balled into fists and he resisted the urge to hit the woman. Instead, he moved past her, into the house. He headed up the stairs, "Tobe?" His tone had worry in it. He located Tobe's room and entered, looking around, "...Tobe?" He kept his voice soft, now.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:30 pm

The rooms single window was covered with black cloth that blocked out most of the sun, black was the main theme of the room but if the sun was allowed in it would show that the room was actually painted like the night sky. The moon was painted full around the lightbulb and there were stars painted in actual constellations all over the place. The floor was uncarpeted but his bed had a thick black sheepskin beside it. His bed was probbaly orignally from bunkbeds, the top one however was filled with clothes, wires and several failed experiments. His latest experiment design was taped up to a pinboard, a desk in one corner of the room with a swirly office chair and a small sidetable beside his bed that had a half full glass of water
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:48 pm

Alex gave a sigh, sitting down beside the bed and glancing under, figuring the wail had come from there. He could see Tobe underneath, barely. He frowned a bit, "Hey... it's okay..." He watched Tobe, speaking with a gentle tone, "They're not taking you anywhere. They have to go through me, first."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Tobe was curled up as far under the bed he could go, heavy wheezing coming from him he covered his ears "i wont go back i wont i wont i wont!" unlike his normal whispering tone this voice was terrified, and loud. Melanie walked up a needle in her hands, before Alex could stop her she had reached under the bed and with a firm hand grabbed his leg pulling it out and jamming the needle into it. Pushing the plunger down she withdrew it and sighed "i hate having to sedate them but honestly, just one word of Hospital and he goes like this"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:55 pm

Alex whined a bit as the needles was shoved into Tobe's leg. He pulled Tobe out the rest of the way, far more gently than the woman had. "Yeah, well, there's probably a reason for that." He sighed, looking at Tobe. His eyes went back to the woman, "Just... let me try. I want to help him and I think I can do it. Just give me a chance..."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Tobe was rapidly going limp, his breathin returning to normal as he was forced into a drugged sleep thanks to the sedative "hmph, well if you think you can do better be my guest, Make sure he takes his pills and dosen't cut himself or try to end his own life" she told him folding her arms "ill make up a package to give to you that has everything you'll need in it"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Alex kept Tobe in his arms, not even really thinking about the fact that he was doing it. His attention was on the nurse. He nodded a bit, frowning. Cutting and trying to kill himself? He'd keep a look out for that. No way Tobe was dying on his watch. He sighed a little, "All right. Thank you." Maybe it would help that it was a friend and not this woman.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:04 pm

She sniffed handing him two capped needles "For his next attack, if i were you i wouldn't use the word Hospital, it sends him into that" she snorted "you'd think that after being in there half his life he would have gotten used to it" she shook her head and left slamming the door behind her. The whole ordeal had taken about an hour, Tobe was limp in Alex's arms, he wasn't perspiring heavily as he had been before in fact he looked slightly peaceful.

Rose made it back home with a sigh, she had said goodbye to Joshua at the park and now she was feeling quite happy and well refreshed. Sitting down on the couch she stretched out with a sigh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Alex gave a sigh, making certain Tobe was out. He stood, lifting Tobe rather shakily. He didn't claim to be the strongest of people. He managed to get Tobe onto his bed. He smiled slightly and covered him up. Taking the needles, he headed out of the room and down the stairs to get to his own flat. He'd put the needles somewhere he'd have easy access to them, though he didn't plan on using them.

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Home / With: --
Joshua smiled as he entered his apartment. He was extremely happy. He pulled his shirts off, opting to wander around shirtless. He glanced at the bad scar that went from his shoulder down his back. His torso bore several other scars, as well, but they were lesser ones. Sadly, he realized that he'd have to get back on his usual track with the heroin. He'd thrown it off by using the night before. Though he hated using on a daily basis, he'd have to use tonight, get back on schedule. He left his shirt off as he pulled out all the tools and began turning the powder into a liquid.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Haytham and Thomas had gotten home at around three, Haytham was sitting on his bed going through his paint, he only had a few tubes left and his paintbrushes were getting ratty. He decided that next week after selling his drawings and paintings he would take the left over half and use it on some new painting things.

Tobe woke up slowly, paralyzed as the drug slowly left him he tried not to yell the slowly wearing off drug making him feel like he couldn't breathe. The amount in the needle was usually enough to knock him out for half an hour, as soon as he could move he did trying to remember what had happened, the drug blurred out the time spent with Sandy and he could only remember spending time with alex. He could faintly remember Sandy coming but after that, it was just a blurr
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:42 pm

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Home / With: Haytham
Thomas sighed a bit looking over at the man messing with the paint. He watched him briefly, frowning a little. Paint, he'd add that. "Hey, I have to run an errand really fast, I'll be back soon." He smiled at Haytham before disappearing out the door. Paint, brushes, canvas, sketchbook, pencils, maybe some other things, yes.

Alex had stashed the needles somewhere he'd find them. He'd sent a message on Steam almost as soon as he'd gotten settled back in his room. 'For whenever you wake up, hope you're okay. Need to talk.'

Joshua tied off his arm. There was still a small bruise from the night before. God, he hated using the needle of a bruise but, he supposed he'd have to. He couldn't use in his left elbow, being left-handed, it was very hard to work the needle with his right hand. He sat on the couch, checking the needle for air bubbles. Once done, he slid it into the bruised vein with a small hiss of pain.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Haytham glanced up before nodding running the longest pencil he had through his fingers thoughtfully, he began sketching a tree, when he gotto the leaves he became quite detailed his eyes narrowed as he watched the canvas.

Tobe held a hand to his head swaying, making his way down to his computer he opened it staring at the screen dopily. He picked up the laptop and nearly falling over made his way up the stairs to the bathroom. removing his pants he flicked through the cupboards for what he was looking for, positioning his leg over the bath he typed one handedly wt about

Rose knocked on his door shifting her feet awkwardly, oh god she had to return the fricken souvinir now didn't she? She couldn't keep it till next week, he had brought it, it was his and also because she had persuaded him to get it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Alex heard his Steam receiving a message and moved to answer it, 'Are you okay? I put you in the bed but, the tranq she gave you kind of pissed me off.'

Joshua gave a groan as the knock on the door startled him. He hadn't even pushed the dose in yet. His hand had shaken as the knock sounded, the needle tearing his vein a small bit. It was enough to be bad though. He yanked the needle out and winced, calling, "Just a minute..." Who the hell would be knocking? He stood, covering his now heavily bleeding elbow. He ran into the kitchen, washing the blood from his hands and arm, sticking a regular band-aid on it temporarily, knowing the blood would eventually work it's way out, still. The person at the door wouldn't be able to see the drug tools on the coffee table from the door. He opened the door, still shirtless, and stiffened as he saw Rose.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:08 pm

Rose blinked as he opened the door without a shirt on, she lifted a hand showing him the lemur "you forgot this" she said her words trailing off as the blood began pushing at the band-aid. She narrowed her eyes slightly, becoming more suspicious, first earlier now this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Home / With: Rose
Joshua closed his eyes, swallowing hard as he felt the blood beginning to run down his arm. Dammit, couldn't it have held on any longer? He opened his eyes, an apologetic look in them for whatever he'd just been doing, "I really wish you hadn't seen that..." He groaned a bit, "Please don't... freak out..." His eyes went to his arm, "I need to get this properly bandaged. And... I suppose you were going to figure out sooner or later..." His head hung a bit as he let go of the door, leaving it open.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:20 pm

Rose raised her eyebrows a little, moving closer she grabbed his wrist and inspected his elbow, she stiffened and glared up at him "you are a thousand times kind of idiot" she released him shoving him away slightly and moving out of his reach staring down at her hands. What was she going to do? she could dump his ass into the dust, not like they were dating anyway or she could tough it out with him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Joshua was a bit limp as she grabbed his arm and looked at it. He looked like he fully expected her to leave. When he was shoved, he frowned deeply, his eyes dropping, "Yeah..." He turned and headed into the bathroom to grab a bandage that would seal it of every side. He pulled the first one off and then cleaned it off, setting this one over the wound. He knew all of his drug things were still sitting on the coffee table, needle still full.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:27 pm

Everything in rose was competing for attention, eventually she sighed and moved up, plucking the cloth from his hands she wiped the blood off him gently and narrowed her eyes "You have a choice Joshua Harrison, A. You can continue with this drug addiction and i dump you so hard you won't have time to think or B. You can quit and ill help you through every single moment of it" she watched him through fiery green eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:33 pm

Joshua blinked at her, staying silent for a moment, "I think I'll choose B. I won't be saying that in a couple of days but... that won't matter." He chewed his lip a bit. He had tried to quit before, more than once, hell, a good portion of the reason he was taking it still was because he knew how bad the withdrawal really was. Day three, you're begging for more. He gave a sigh, "Do you have any idea how brutal that's going to be? For both of us..."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:38 pm

"It dosent matter how hard it will be, you chose B and so i'll stay with you" she watched him "ill even sleep here to help take care of you if i have to" her green eyes blazed "first things first, i want all of your stashes so i can get rid of it" she still had the cloth in her hands, her hands soaked with his blood from the cloth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 12:00 pm

Thomas moved through the art store happily. He got everything he'd come for, as well as a few other things. Anything he thought Haytham could use or would want, he grabbed it, he kept his main focus on paints, brushes, and pencils, however. He even got him an art case that resembled some form of briefcase. After purchasing everything, he sat outside the store, putting everything he'd bought in the case neatly, keeping it looking organized. He really hoped Haytham would like it. In truth, he loved how passionate Haytham was about his art. The smile it brought to the man's face made Thomas' own light up. Once everything was in place, he tossed any boxes, bags, receipts, or other evidence of what was inside the case. He headed home with it, quickly, keeping out any excitement to see the reaction. He kept his face relatively blank, only his usual smile on it. He opened the door to his flat, stepping in and shutting it behind him, case in his hand. He looked over at Haytham with his normal smile. "Hey..."

Joshua got his arm properly bandaged and took the cloth from her, nodding a bit. "Thank you, Rose." He smiled at her, pulling her into a brief hug. He let go and glanced towards the living room,"The current dose is still in the syringe on the table. It's.. a little bloody over there. I sort of had the needle in when you knocked and... well..." He motioned to his arm. With that, he moved into the living room, opening a drawer and reaching into the back. He grabbed the baggy of white powder and dropped it onto the table with his already prepared dose. "This is all, I swear it." He smiled a bit, "You can question me about it, if you want. Nothing more to hide, I guess." He wandered into his bedroom and pulled out a plain black t-shirt, sliding it on. He popped his head out from his bedroom. "Also, were you serious about staying here?" He supposed, starting tomorrow night, he might need someone here. The cravings on the third and fourth days would be bad. He'd have to show her around if she did. She'd already seen the whole place, it wasn't that big. Living room, kitchen, balcony, bedroom, bathroom. She'd been in his bedroom to get to the bathroom that was connected to it.

Alex frowned a bit as he wasn't responded to. He gave a sigh, typing, 'I think she put me in charge of you. I asked her to give me a chance and she told me to keep you from doing certain things to yourself and make sure you were taking your pills. Also, she told me something about sending me what I would need. I don't know what I'm doing but, if I am now in charge of you... Better me than her, right?' He chewed his thumb a bit, not knowing how Tobe would react to this. He wanted to help him so badly, make him feel better about other people, about life and such. He really didn't like the thought of the other male cutting himself or attempting suicide. 'At least, I hope I'm better. I didn't like how she was treating you...'
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 7:59 pm

Joshua came back to find rose texting someone a glint in her eyes, looking up she shook her head "No, we won't be staying here, not in this city.. Lauchlan my twin brother has a place up in the malborough sounds and it is my favourite place to go when i need a break" she grinned slightly before she sent Thomas a text telling him that she was 'borrowing' his rarely used car for a few weeks. "Pack yer bags sunshine, ill be back in half an hour" she vanished out the door with a twiddle of her fingers. Returning home she packed her things, whistling to herself she pulled off her shirt in her room revealing a tattoo on her ribs that read 'defy gravity' in a purply color. After packing two suitcases and flipping through her CD collection to find her favorite travel cds and left the place after yelling to Alex "oi buggering off to my brothers for a few weeks, sick of the city air" she often did this once or even twice a year, moving down she borrowed Thomas's car throwing her stuff into the back and slipping a CD into the player. She drove whistling along to the tune, pulling up outside Joshas she yelled "Oi looser get in we're going shopping" referencing mean girls

Haytham was half alseep on the couch, his eyes opened and blinked welcomingly as Thomas returned, he heard his car start up and leave blinking with slight suprise he mentally shrugged before he got up stretching the hem of his shirt lifting up slightly. His arms fell to his side and he tilted his head "you vanished rather quickly, is everything alright?"

the reply eventually was you still want to be around me even though you know how messed up i am?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 11:30 pm

Thomas nodded a bit, shrugging. He motioned to the case he was holding, "I had to go pick this up. And then Rose wanted to borrow my car so, took care of that while I was out." He paused a moment as Haytham stretched, watching him briefly before holding the case out to him "Here... It's for you." He motioned for the dark-haired man to open it.

Joshua blinked a bit in confusion as she stated that she was taking him somewhere. Awesome. He called into work, gave an excuse of being kidnapped, though he did give them the real reason. His boss had actually known but, having been a friend outside of business, they'd let him slide. They were more than willing to give him the time off, considering the cause. He packed anything he'd need, as well as the lemur from earlier. When she shouted, he popped out onto the balcony, copying her tone and dialect, "Oi! Other people live here, too!" He popped back inside and glanced around, sighing. He left and locked the door, heading down to the car Rose was driving. He got into the black Thunderbird convertible and let out an appreciative whistle. He played off his own accent, changing his voice a bit to sound like a black man, "Dayum, girl. Who'd you mug for the ride?" The car they were in tended to go for around $37,000 American dollars ($44,348.57 NZD).

Alex raised an eyebrow as Rose shouted. It was rather sudden but, he'd text her later, ask her about it then. To Tobe, he simply replied, 'You're still the same person you were before I knew. Only difference is that I know, now.' In a way, Alex was glad he knew, now. It meant he could better help Tobe.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:15 am

Haytham paused before he took the case looking curious "you shouldn't get things for me thomas" he told him as he gently lay the case down and opened it, seeing all the supplies within his eyes widened and a massive grin appeared on his face, he got up and stared at Thomas. A look of wonder and happiness on his face, unable to control himself he moved forward and leant down slighty to press his lips to Thomas's.

Lana was sitting on the roof of her house watching the stars, her bones aching from where she had been beaten by her boss. Blood was pooling out from her nose where he had smashed his fist, she was letting him take out his fury on her so that way she would enjoy taking it out of his hide.

Rose grinned "borrowing it from Thomas" the song defying gravity was playing, she was relaxed and comfortable in the drivers seat. She glanced out the window 'we'll arrive at about five am, i hope you like singing" she smirked

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When the Cicadas cry
Page 16 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: