The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

War and Peace

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

War and Peace - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 12:41 am

First topic message reminder :

WW2 has finished, and the world is patching itself up. Killian has found himself a place to attempt and live while he comes to terms with losing Renee, and Renee, having survived the camps, has found herself a tiny apartment and a shitty job.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 1:50 pm

Silent a moment she finally said "I do no feel hungers pain anymore, if you wish to know my last meal was roughly a week ago" he seemed interested in enough, drifting off in thought she ran through several thoughts and memories coming back to thepresent when his voice filled the air again. "Ice did different things to us, Roseadora was one of her first experiments with animals, i was more ofa later model. I did not go out of my way to save him, he was collateral damage. I was sent in to kill a man who by chance was about to finish your father off" she explained firmly and without much empathy or emotion. The food smelled... good, that was strange the sensation of wanting food, shaking her head a little and pushing the worrisome snippet away for later she shifted her weight on her well balanced feet and waited for more questions
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 2:00 pm

He nodded, passing her some of the simple scrambled eggs that he’d made. He wasn’t sure how much he would be able to eat himself, so he’d kept it simple. “Eat, then.” He managed to get to the table with little issues, and indicated the other chair with his chin. “Then why would the mare be on death row? Doesn’t make sense to me. Surely she’d be valuable, at the very least.” He toyed with the food, thinking through things. At least all the discoveries were keeping his mind off the sleepless night that was coming for him.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 6:42 pm

She took the food without complaint and sat down beginning to eat neatly enough once the chair had been offered. Melissa stayed silent mulling over his question before speaking "The mare is here because Ice wants her to be here. It may seem like coincidence but with ice there is no such thing. I believe I owe you for your act of kindness from back then, If it suits you I will remain here for a while and make sure here is no risk of Ice turning up and destroying everything that is here that you hold dear" returning to her food she cleared her plate, standing she returned to the kitchen and meticulously cleaned her utensils and plate before they were dried and set away. Listening to the wind beginning to pick up she was reminded of other windy nights, her thoughts dangerously guiding her down the path to memories she'd long believed held no effect on her. During the war she'd been exposed to pain and suffering beyond count and yet had not thought it had any impact on her, she'd already endured such things and hadn't realized that over the course of the years she'd become distant almost cold. Like ice. Yanking the thoughts away she moved away not exactly sure what she was planning and ended up staring through a window at the dark land outside thew armth of the house
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 9:36 pm

He hummed softly, sitting back in his chair as he thought it over. “Stay as long as you want. I can’t say I’ll be friendly about it. But you owe me nothing.” He gave a soft sigh, knowing that he had to feed the horses. He hadn’t been able to do it beforehand. Getting up, he dumped his dirty dishes in the sink and headed outside, keeping the rest of his questions to himself. He wanted to know more, sure, but he wasn’t sure how to word what he wanted to know. Instead he headed outside, leaning more on the crutch than he had been earlier. The horses needed to be fed, and so did the dogs. It took him longer than normal, since he was so tired, and the wind that was getting stronger was threatening to topple him with every painful step. He spent longer with Ghost, murmuring memories to the restless horse, wishing he could simply get on him and go for a ride. But he knew that would never happen, not with the same ease that he’d once had. It was a struggle now, even for a simple check of the fences and the cattle.
Moving onwards, he brought hay for the donkey, grooming her as much as she would let him. He ignored the wind, sheltered by the tree that Memory had decided to spend the night under, trying to work out what to do now. He would have to call the vet, he knew that. The ginger mare’s fetlocks weren’t going to get better, and he was fairly sure that she was becoming lame because of the pain. It had taken him long enough to get the chain off, he needed to get the metal hobbles off her sooner rather than later.

Satisfied that his children were safe in their beds, and knowing that Dani would be able to defend them for long enough if Ice turned up, Killian followed the call of his dove's shadow, winding his way through the shadows of the streets. It pained him, but didn't surprise him, that she lived in what were basically the slums of the city. He knew that money was hard to come by - especially for a woman alone. Though he had made sure to raise her wages, so she should at least be able to live more comfortably. Hoping that he wasn't going to startle her, he found her tiny home with only a little bit of trouble, and knocked lightly on the door before pushing it open. He was worried about her, about how she'd been coping with what Ice had done to her, and he wanted to talk to her about it where she'd have no fear of Rochelle overhearing them. He took in the tiny rooms in a quick glance, pain crossing his expression at the conditions she'd had to live in without him, then focused his gaze on her. As always, she brought out the gentle and affectionate side of him, and it showed in his gaze. "How are you coping, dove?" he asked her softly, Alkira sniffing around the cold place curiously.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 9:55 pm

Rose was not happy, her legs hurt, lashing out a vicious kick backwards she paced along the confines of her paddock unable to help but to fence walk. Seeing the human with the donkey she came to a halt and watched them, peering through the fence, pawing at the ground a little in an attempt to say what the matter was. She'd started to trust the man, he hadn't hurt her and the brushing he did was nice, striking out behind her again she snorted and nodded irritatedly. Melissa didn't help, instead she eventually left the house and sat up on the roof watching the stars. The lighthouses of the sky that flashed their lights at one another, they were all millions of miles away from one another just the way she was. Even with her brother she'd never been within distance, she wasn't sure how to explain it, the bright harvest moon hung over the land like a lamp illuminating everything. Ice was planning something, it was why the horse was here, and Melissa had begun to guess what it might be.

A cat greeted him with narrowed green eyes, it was a tabby and seemed a little rough around the edges. Renees house was small, and there were only three rooms, a kitchen-living space, her room and the bathroom. Cramped and a little claustrophobic inducing, she was seated at the old fragile looking table that was her dining table. Carefully writing in a thick book, she stopped when she heard his steps, turning and seeing the look of love in his gaze her thin features returned the look, closing the book she stood and moved over to hug him. As always he was so warm, and safe, "um I think I'm doing okay" she spoke muffledly into him, always feeling like she was on the verge of tears these days, which was bad tears only made people irritated. "Whenever I get scared I turn into the rabbit" Renee admitted softly taking deep breaths "and... and I think she wants to fire me" feeling upset with herself when she noticed the tears beginning to slide down her face she wiped them away apologizing quietly "S-s-sorry, I'm always crying at the moment" she didn't want to cry all the time and make him angry and feel bad, she should be happy she was around him again.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 2:59 am

Watching the ginger mare, he easily picked up on her distress, and gave a soft sigh. Moving carefully, he worked his way over to her, letting himself in. He’d already fed her, but he didn’t mind spending more time with her. Holding a gentle hand out, he waited until she’d sniffed it before he touched her neck, rubbing his hand over her coat softly. “You want the hobbles off, don’t you?” he murmured, compassion filling his gaze. “I can get them off if you’ll let me. It’ll stop it hurting.” Leaning heavily on the crutch, he combed his fingers through her thick mane, wondering whether she’d ever let him near her back legs. He couldn’t wait much longer, the wounds were getting worse. If he couldn’t get them off in the next couple of days, he was going to have to call the vet. It was getting too dangerous.

He held her close, concentrating on her too keep his claustrophobia in check. “She’s not going to fire you,” he promised. “I’ve already told her she’s not allowed to.” Noticing her tears, he brushed them away himself, softness in his gaze. Alkira growled softly at the cat until he nudged her, and the jackal wandered off, exploring. “It’s okay to cry, dove. It’s okay. I know she hurt you, I know what she does. But you’re safe.” Lifting her chin gently, he searched her eyes, trying to see what was worrying her so much. “Stay at the house, dove,” he urged. “You don’t belong somewhere like here.” He loved her so much, he wanted to keep her safe. He needed to keep her safe. “In time, you’ll be able to control the changing. It just takes practice, and it’ll be okay. I promise.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 10:25 pm

Watching him enter her domain her ears came forward, allowing him to walk up to her she sniffed the offered hand then kicked out with a rear leg demonstrating how unhappy she was with the metal around her pasterns. A gentle hand rubbed over her neck and coat, the touch was nice, listening to him speak Rose sighed softly agreeing. Fingers moved through her thick ginger and black mane, the comment about getting them off causing the mares head to lift a little, brown eyes watching him a moment before she moved away from him, spinning slowly she turned her rear to him and picked up a back foot letting it hang there. if you can get it off then get it off now im sick of this fucking thing around me ankles! it hurt and she wanted them off, turning her head to look back at him intently she wondered whether or not he'd understand. He seemed more switched on than most, but that didnt always mean her meaning was going to get through.

Gentle fingers brushed away her tears then lifted her chin up so his mismatched eyes could take in her quiet dark blue ones. He wanted her to stay at the house, she nodded, this place had been all she'd had for a while, she'd been proud of how well she'd done on her own well. For her this was doing well, she'd come a long way from the damaged thing she'd been at the end fo the war, even now it seemed she'd hardly gotten past her past. Dark coloured eyes revealed the depth of love she felt for him, tightening her hold on him slightly she murmured "Okay" she didn't need to ask how she would learn to control her changing or how Rochelle would be kept on a leash, she trusted him to know the right way for her to go. "I love you, so so much" so much it hurt, so much if filled every fiber of her being and it still felt like there was so much left over. She'd bring what small things she had here back to his house, right now she was safe and everything was going to be okay. Everything would be because she wasn't alone anymore,, she had him.

Renee gently pulled away before she did something stupid, "I need to get a couple of things before we go" she stepped away and moved to the corner of the living space where her small mattress was, lifting up the heavy old thing she pulled out from underneath some old drawings as well as a couple of note books that were crammed full of writing. Tucking them into the satchel that closely resembled her original one, she moved around the room only taking the drawings that were neatly scattered around. Once they were done she stroked the cats head, hesitantly wondering if the dark tabby with its two front white paws and bright green eyes would be allowed to come back with her. It had always been comforting having the she cat there, a reminder of geezer the old alley cat that had died a few months before she and killian were separated by the nazi's. Taking a deep breath silently resigning herself to the fact that Pixie wouldn't be allowed to come back with her Renee murmured "R-Ready to go"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 11:04 pm

Stumbling a little as she moved away, he managed to get his balance back, and watched her, trying to work out what she wanted. He realised when she lifted her back foot, her gaze surprisingly intense even for her. “Decided to trust me, then? Alright.” He wouldn’t be able to take the hobbles off in the paddock. Hopefully, she’d let him halter her and take her somewhere more flat where he could keep his balance. Moving back to the gate, where he’d left a simple rope halter just in case, he picked it up, watching her. “Gonna let me halter you? Not gonna be able to get those hobbles off out here, I’m afraid. Too unsteady.” He moved steadily over to the mare, holding his hand out to her again. He’d made sure to always let her sniff him, just to let her know he wasn’t going to hurt her. Slipping the halter over her head gently, he made sure it wasn’t too tight, and led her to what he used as the hitching post. It was nicely flat, and meant that he could balance himself more easily while working around the horses. Tying to rope, he kept his hand on her coat as he moved to her hind legs, steadying himself on her to study the hobbles, working out the best way to get them off without hurting her more.

He waited patiently for her, letting her take her time. Alkira had soon returned to him, sitting at the door ready to go. She seemed reluctant to leave, and he didn’t want to push her into doing anything she didn’t want to do. “Do you want to stay here, dove?” He was proud of her for surviving all this time on her own. He truly hadn’t thought she’d been able to. Moving forward, he stroked her cheek, tenderness in his expression. “I’m proud of you, sweetheart. And I love you more than I can tell you. Get whatever you need, it doesn’t matter. The shadows can carry it for you. But if you really want to stay here, I won’t force you to leave. You know I don’t want to do that.” Finding a chair that didn’t look like it would collapse under him, he sat down, content to let her take her time. “Not bringing the cat? I’m surprised.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2016 9:46 pm

Flicking her ears irriatedly she watched as he left and returned with a rope thing designed to go on her face. Sniffing his hand and then the rope thing she was a little wary when he slipped it on her head lifting up sharply althogh she didn't move away. Once haltered she followed him obediently occasionally giving a small hop to kick out with her back feet, once tied up she snorted and kept an eye on him as well as what else was going on Hurry up Kangaroo Jack! They hurt she thought to herself angrily, managing to keep herself from lashing out with a back hoof again as he moved down her side to inspect the metal instead she flicked her tail annoyed with her predicament. Her ears flattened to her head as she spotted a figure she half recognized watching them from a few meters back, what was the female assassin doing here? Was she sent from Ice to hurt her? becoming worried and wound up at the thought she pulled back, the pressure of the halter behind her ears ended up with her rearing up a little. Realizing the mare didn't like her Melissa backed off pretty quickly, wandering off to find a lonely place to watch the night sky. Uneffected by the obvious dislike of the ginger animal, once the assassin had left Rose relaxed pretty quickly although she continued to make a somewhat frightened snorting sound.

Love blossomed on her features at his fingers touch to her cheek, face going a dark pink when he reminded her that he loved her and added that he was proud of her "I want to come with you, its just hard to take in" however she perked up as he mentioned the cat "I can bring her with me?" whatever hesitation she'd had before melted away as she picked up the kitty cat cuddling the now disgruntled looking thing to herself. She'd named the cat Royal, as she always seemed to have the royal refined air of a queen, most of the time anyway. "Properly ready now!" Renee piped up happily
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 2:07 am

Somehow he managed to stay standing when she acted up, moving away from her until she’d settled. “Easy, ginger. She won’t hurt you.” He rested his hand on her neck, rubbing his fingers in small circles until she was calmer. “Reckon you can stay steady here for a few minutes? I’ll be quick as I can.” Leaving her there, he made his way to the shed, coming out soon enough with a few files in his free hand. Dropping them lightly on the ground nearby, he returned to the shed and came back out with a bucket of warm water and the sofest cloth he could find. Placing them on the ground too, he let the mare sniff his hand before rubbing her neck, trying to calm her properly. “I’ll take it off soon, I know you don’t like it. That’s a good girl.” Keeping his voice soft as he spoke, he made his way to her hind legs, pausing as he tried to work out how to balance himself. Finally just deciding to risk it and crouch at her feet, he did so, gently beginning to file the copper away. Doubtless it would be hurting her a little, but it was a soft metal, and he had the bucket of water to wipe the wounds gently as he went. He’d go at her pace, not pushing her more than she wanted to be pushed.

“Take your time,” he told her, not moving from his seat. “You know I don’t want to push you into anything.” He smiled a little at the look the cat was now wearing. Renee hadn’t changed much in her choice of cats. “Of course you can bring her. I’ll just tell the woman it’s for the kids. She’ll put up a fuss, but it won’t last long. Are you sure you want to do this? There’s nothing else you want to take with you?” He cast a glance around the tiny apartment that only told him how strong she’d been to manage on her own. He didn’t want to take that away from her if he could help it. He didn’t want her to feel as if she had to depend on him for everything, she could do what she wanted, when she wanted. He wasn’t going to tell her what she could do. Getting to his feet, and nudging Alkira out of the way, he crossed the room to her to take the bag from her. “Let me carry it for you, dove.” His hand lifted seemingly of its own accord, tracing over her cheekbones tenderly again. He loved touching her, reassuring himself that she really wasn’t a dream. “There are a few empty rooms that she never goes in, and you’ll be close to the children. I can spin a story that they want you close by day and night that she’ll accept. Is that okay?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 9:36 pm

He spoke and rubbed her neck until the woman had gone, remaining standing in one place quite obediently, eyeing the post she was tied to she stretched out her head and began chewing on it. Pausing to sniff his hand when it was offered then returning to her work not caring what he was doing as much, he'd said he'd get it off and it was at a stage where she trusted him. Her tail flicked and she paused to look back at him when he began working, it hurt but it wasn't 'unbearable so she kept still continuing to keep a close eye on him. Tossing her head when it got particularly painful she gave no hinting of wanting to kick, the leg remaining motionless until the copper was off of her leg. Nodding her head up and down she snorted and pawed the ground wanting the other one off and for the stinging pain to stop.

The woman nodded "yes, I'm sure, I like the idea of being near your children more often and near you" the naturally sweet renee smiled letting him take the bag and taking comfort in his touch. He was really there despite how often it felt like she was dreaming, he was there and she was safe because of it. "I know you'll make everything okay" she murmured softly, one of her hands freeing itself from the cats fur to touch the back of his hand that was tracing over her cheek
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 9:51 pm

Hearing the noise, he glanced over his shoulder to see her chewing the post, and just sighed. At least it was keeping her busy while he worked. Humming gently to himself, he got the first hobble off, wincing at the raw wounds. Tugging the bucket over to him, he carefully washed the raw skin, making sure that she wasn’t going to kick him for it. he wanted to put something else on the raw skin, but he had a feeling she wouldn’t be happy with that, so he didn’t even bother. She was surprisingly calm about it however, even though he knew that it had to hurt. Finishing with one, he repeated the process with her other fetlock, eventually tossing the stained cloth back in the bucket and moving to her head. Offering her some carrot that he had in his pocket, her rubbed her between the eyes, trusting that she was okay with it. “There’s a good girl. Now you leave your legs alone, and they’ll heal up just fine, ginger.” The wind whistled around them, and he hunched his shoulders, in more pain than normal. Ignoring it, he led the mare back to her paddock, slipping the halter off her and letting her loose before he returned to the house.

Sometimes he didn’t understand why she trusted him so much. Kissing her cheek, he turned and let Alkira lead the way back home, making sure that Renee was keeping up. Slipping inside the big house, he took her to the small room he’d had in mind for her. It was close to his room, and close to the children’s room, so she had what she wanted. Leaving her bag on the bed, he leaned on the doorframe, watching her. “I’ll let her know in the morning when I see her,” he told her. “Don’t let her bully you back to your old place. You can stay here as long as you want to.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:01 pm

It was harder to keep still for the second and she fidgeted alot more, finally he was done, once he'd moved away she lashed out with a back foot before settling. Sniffing out the carrot she eagerly devoured it, despite flinching a little when his hand lifted to her forehead, watching him carefully. The wind caused the mare to shiver a little, ever sensitive to the cold, watching him hunch his shoulders she nudged him firmly before searching his pockets for more treats. Letting him lead her back to the paddock, kicking out with her back feet as the cold wind made her wounds sting fiercly she stood as he released her halter. Nudging him again in silent gratitude she wandered off, heading over the trough she dipped her muzzle into the cool water taking a long refreshing drink. Melissa was sitting outside, with the shadow that stayed with her always played in the palm of her hand squeaking wanting her to guess what creature it was.

REnee followed him with royal comfortably in her arms, entering the room that was to be hers after him she set the cat down and turned to look at him in the doorway. Nodding she bit her lip before she gave in and hugged him tightly "Thank you" she whispered softly struggling not to cry with all of the thoughts and feelings that were whirring through her mind. Releasing him she glanced down as the pretty feline arched her back along her legs clearly stating that the girl was her property
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:08 pm

He paused at the door to the house when he spotted Melissa, silently grateful that she hadn’t offered to help him. “You staying out all night?” It didn’t bother him what she did, it was her choice to stay, even if he didn’t quite understand why. Leaning heavily on his crutch now, he pushed the door open. “Spare room’s last on the left down the hallway.” Not waiting for a response, he went inside, determined to find something to stop the pain, and possibly let him sleep for once. At least the mare’s hobbles where off, that was one good thing that had come out of the evening.

He shut the door behind him, giving them some privacy, and hugged her tightly back, burying his face in her hair. He’d missed her so much it had ached, and he’d become so used to the ache that he wasn’t sure what to do now that it was gone. Rubbing her back gently, he kissed the top of her head affectionately. “It’s okay to cry,” he murmured. Letting her go when she released him, he gave her a gentle smile, and opened the door again. “I’ll leave you be then. Sleep well, dove.” He moved into his own room, shutting the door with a quiet click. Alkira was already curled up on the bed, and he just nudged her enough out of the way for him to be able to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:15 pm

Melissa had showed no response to Julians words apart from glancing at him once, remaining outside she slept restfully enough to be awake at her normal hour. Stretching she moved over to stare through the fence at the ginger mare, and ignored the vicious look it gave her instead speaking "I know you are a humans mind stuck in a horses body. I no longer work for Ice, infact i came here to keep the man safe from her. They say animals can tell when someone lies, tell me am I lying now?" close enough to the fence to be bitten she spoke then fell silent letting the mare think it all through. Hearing the horses response she nodded, she could agree to be neutral with one another, she had not expected the horse to love her after all. Animals didn't like her. Stepping back from the fence she moved away aiming to find a decent place to go through her favoured exercises that kept her inshape and fit. That included alot of running, perhaps the man would have something for her todo that involved running or hard work. So she returned to the house, entering silently, ignoring the dust that covered her skin and coated the inside of her mouth and throat she waited for him to appear.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:22 pm

Julian’s night had been less than restful, but at least the pain was duller now. He could deal with that. Eating a piece of toast when she came back in, he eyed her, wondering what she wanted. “What work can you do?” May as well take advantage of having an able bodied person around, he supposed. If she knew how to ride well enough for him, he’d send her out to check the cattle, and he could get on with feeding the horses and dogs. The plan would save him a good bit of time, and he’d be able to work with one of the few youngsters that he still kept, though it was far less than he’d used to work with. Dumping his plate in the sink, he moved to the door, picking up his hat along the way, and glanced over his shoulder at her. “How well can you ride?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:34 pm

Good he seemed eager to put her to work "I can kill, however i am certain I am able to do whatever it is you assign me" she wasn't that hungry and thus remained out of the kitchen with the small black creature sitting on her shoulder blinking interested amber eyes. Displaying nothing as he headed for the door collecting his wide brimmed hat on the way she didn't hesitate in replying "I do not know how to ride, however that is irrelevant I am more than able to cope o my feet" after all she could become a bird at will "And my wings" her hair was irritating it had begun to escape its tight braid and tickle her skin. Unable to tolerate it like that she released her hair from its plait and calmly redid it so it was tight and neat once again. It was strange how she'd endured so much only to feel nothing when she thought back on it, perhaps it was the only way she knew how to cope, to bottle away the emotions and focus on feeling nothing. Naturally there were times when emotion broke through, refusing to let herself consider the outcome of emotion she studied him not understanding any of the emotions on his face she could only read her brother everyone else was just another she couldn't read and didn't understand
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 11:17 pm

He just grunted. Looked like he had to teach her how to ride now. “Bad luck. You’re getting on a horse. Come on.” He kept moving, not waiting for her to respond, simply expecting her to follow. Collecting a halter along the way, he caught Ned easily, bringing the bay gelding to the post he’d used the night before. Knowing that it was quicker if he readied the animal, he did, and gave the reins to her. “This way.” He didn’t leave room for her to argue, leading her to the round yard he used to train the youngsters at the beginning. Closing the gate behind her, he limped over to the middle of the yard, watching her critically, and then told her how to get on the horse. Not really in the mood for being nice, he was almost abrupt with her, though he mellowed a bit when he decided she was going well enough for the work he had in mind. “Good. You need to check on some cattle. It’s a good hour’s ride each way. I just need to know if there are any calves lying about.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 11:26 pm

He grunted at her then turned and headed off, completely silent, Melissa followed taking in intently the way the man readied the horse he'd chosen. Becoming aloof out of nature she took the reins and followed him to what looked like to her a round cage that held no escape for the bigger animal. Turning to face him as he went into detail about how to get onto the beasts back Melissa showed no response, no nod of understanding she merely turned and did it. Pulling herself up and inspecting her new surroundings thoroughly she warily tucked her feet into what he'd called stirrups. The long length of leather that was attached to the contraption on the horses head were also inspected, satisfied for now she regarded Julian indifferently. It was so different sitting up there, much different from flying or walking which were the modes of transport she was most used to. One hand ran along the animals neck with the grain of the fur, it was surprisingly gentle, she didn't understand why he was so insistent on this it would have been quicker for her to fly, however she wasn't one to loudly voice her opinion. Her personal opinion and thoughts on matters didn't matter, she was there to do a job, it was done correctly or failed there was no grey area and no room for speaking when there was no need
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 11:32 pm

He gestured to the relaxed horse, pushing the lingering pain out of his mind. “He’s a soft horse, don’t need to do much to get him going. Tap his sides with your heels, he’ll start walking. If you do it again, he’ll start trotting. Wouldn’t advise it right now for a beginner. Reins are almost self explanatory. Pull to the right to go right, pull left for left. He’ll be patient with you. If he doesn’t do what you want, then you’re doing it wrong, not him. Pull back on both reins to get him to stop. Try walking him.” He kept a close eye on Ned, making sure the horse wasn’t getting stressed, but he was perfectly relaxed. “If you fall off, just get back on. He’ll stop as soon as he feels you fall.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 11:39 pm

Again there was no sign of understanding, no nod or mention of it, instead her heels applied pressure to the sides of the animals sides. Carefully appearing expressionless as he began moving forward she began to figure out the most comfortable way to sit, with that sorted out she tested out the geldings steering. Asking him to cut through the middle of the ring, managing to side step past Julian and to go the other way, slowly applying more pressure with the reins until the horse stopped she silently set a mental note about how much strength was needed to ask the horse to a halt. Asking him forward again with her heels, it had been a while since she'd learnt something new and despite her dislike of change it was a welcome breath of fresh air. She didn't understand the term 'soft horse' he was actually quite firm when she'd stroked the side of his neck, however her mouth remained closed. She didn't seem fearful or worried of the new movement, appearing neutral and relaxed enough there was little tension in her body. If anything the movement of the horse walking forward reminded her of the donkey, as a bird she'd ridden on the animal a few times back during it all.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 11:42 pm

He watched her critically, making sure she was going well. “Good, looks like he’ll work well for you.” He moved to the gate, opening it for her. “If he goes faster than you want, just pull back on the reins until he slows down again, but that shouldn’t be an issue. Now, you’re gonna need to go this way to get to the paddock.” He pointed out the path that he usually used, explaining in short sentences how to get to the top paddock. “Ned knows the way, once he works out where you’re going. If you see any calves on the ground, count how many there are, and come back once you’re sure you’ve got them all. I’ll have to muster them tomorrow. Any questions?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 7:12 pm

She nodded "No questions" she replied calmly, following his directions she guided the horse out of the round pen. The red mare flicked her ears watching the procession, quite happy with herself now that the shackles were off of her back legs. Bored stiff with sitting around in the paddock she called out to the man and nodded her head up and down lets go do something instead of just sitting around with our hands up our asses! she complained snorting almost rudely at him. She liked working and keeping busy, she was so used to being busy that suddenly stuck in a paddock by hersefl with nothing todo was a shock of sorts
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:12 pm

Watching the woman go, he satisfied himself that she could deal with the work, and turned at the ginger mare's call. "Alright, alright. Impatient animals." Working methodically, he fed the dogs first, and then the horses, feeding the ginger mare first. Carrying a halter with him, he returned to her paddock, guessing that she'd be finished, and approached her, holding his hand out. "Since you're so impatient, ginger," he murmured, rubbing his hand down her neck. "Reckon you'll let me see what you know, hm? Wonder how trained you were before you were booted off to death row." He slipped the halter on her gently, making sure she wouldn't spook, and led her to the round yard, intending to do some simple work with her.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:25 pm

Pleased with the food she happily devoured the food, she had enough time to amble over to the water trough and take a long refreshing drink. Lifting her head she watched the human wander up with a halter, sniffing his hand and nosing it she took another sip of water ignoring the hand rubbing over her neck. Her head lifted again and she dropped the water in her mouth back into the trough, letting him slip the halter on without too much fuss although she admittedly disliked the halter it reminded her of when she'd been used by ice. Wandering alongside him she kept an eye on everything that was going on, ears flicking around listening to the noises of the other animals, entering the round yard without a fuss she turned to face him head on fixing him with a look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War and Peace
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next