The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

War and Peace

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

War and Peace - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 12:41 am

First topic message reminder :

WW2 has finished, and the world is patching itself up. Killian has found himself a place to attempt and live while he comes to terms with losing Renee, and Renee, having survived the camps, has found herself a tiny apartment and a shitty job.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 12:11 am

“Alright then.” He shifted the jackal and bunny off his bed, moving Mel to lie there instead, and then sat at the end, rubbing his hands over his face. The only light in the room was that of the half moon shining through his window, and it slanted over the rabbit gently. He gave a sigh, wondering what to do now. Ice would want Mel back, he knew that much. He didn’t know the details of his sister’s deal, but he knew enough to guess that she’d broken her end of the deal. His gaze resting on the rabbit, he sighed again and picked her up, letting her snuggle into his lap while he rubbed her between the ears. At least she was safe, too. The mismatched eyes flicked up to Dani, watching her carefully. “What do you know of your mother and her shadows?” He felt that he owed to girl something, he could start with who she was – as far as he knew, anyway. And he’d take her in, the trouble would be working out the explanation to his own children, and to Rochelle, but that was a problem for another time.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 12:44 am

What was that light hanging in the sky giving off so much light? It was big and round, there were many smaller lights in the sky around it. She'd never seen anything like it had no idea what they were, unable to tear her gaze away she didn't register the movements of the others within the room. The leopard lay on the floor at her feet gold eyes half closed in tiredness. The bunny was happy when he let her snuggle with him, a happy grinding noise leaving her mouth as he rubbed her between her ears, settling down her pink tongue lapped at his hands grooming him as best she could, he was safe and if he was there she was okay no matter what strange form she found herself in. Dani heard a voice and finally tore her gaze away to look at him "what are those lights in the big black ceiling? I'm afraid I don't know much about her except ice didn't like her or her twin brother" she shrugged a little "a few shadows say she was brought back and turned into a cat shifter but ended up dying again due to silver poisoning" She didn't know that his shadows had once been her mothers, didn't really know anything about the world at all, it was so big and open it was almost daunting
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 12:44 am

He glanced at what she was staring at, knowing just how she felt. Granted, he’d been five when he’d first seen the sky, it had been much longer for her, but he knew what it was like. “The big one’s the moon, and the smaller ones are stars. It’s not a ceiling, it’s the sky. There’s no limit to it,” he said softly, using his toes to tug his boots off. “There are no walls outside.” He thought through what he wanted to say, wondering how much the rabbit in his lap could understand. “Sofie was Ice’s daughter, the youngest one. The shadows I have? They were hers. That’s why they recognised you a little bit. You’re familiar to them in a faint memory. She was killed so that Ice could force the shadows onto me, make me better at being her assassin. That was after we’d been locked in together for a few months. I was, oh, ten, I think.” He didn’t think at all. He knew exactly how old he’d been, just as he’d known that seeing Sofie killed in front of him had hardened him until Mel had come along, and even then it had taken him a long time to open up to her. He hadn’t wanted to be hurt like that again.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 6:13 pm

Dani stared at him in amazment, how could something just go on forever, she'd never been able to comprehend anything like this. She paid close attention as he continued speaking interest lighting up her features, although the interest turned to loathing for ice. She'd known the femal ewas repugnant but cruel enough to do something like that was a whole nother layer of nuts. Her gaze flicking from the mans face to the rabbit in his lap, nodding somewhat she shifted in her seat a little "What does that make us? Father and daughter?" it was meant as a slight jest although when thinking back on it she appeared a little embarrased "ah sorry" she murmured
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 6:19 pm

He lifted a shoulder, glancing down at the rabbit on his lap. "It makes us kin at least in my eyes," he murmured. "It's the least I owe her for what happened to her." He was still half convinced that it had been partly his fault. He'd been the one to ask her about killing Ice, and hadn't dared to ask her when it would happen. If he'd asked, she could possibly still be alive. He kept an eye on his sister, worried for her, but he knew there was nothing he could do except make sure that she stayed safe until she had recovered. Though he would be making sure that she wasn't going to go very far until she was completely recovered, no matter how much it irritates her. Reminded, he looked back to the girl, thinking for a moment. "If you wish to leave, I won't stop you. If you wish to stay, you are more than welcome. I'll teach you what I know with the shadows, though it's not much. It would probably be safer for you to stay. Ice will be after us all now." Alkira stirred slightly from her spot curled next to Mel, uneasy at the thought that Ice was after them again. They'd thought they'd been rid of her for good.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 7:36 pm

the rabbit was happily settled in his lap, her nose wuffling a little, nosing his hand until she could fit underneath it she closed her eyes. Safe. This was safe, she didn't have to be scared, she'd been taken and he'd found her he would always find her now, always. Melissa could hear the words very dimly, she couldn't move and her vision swam memories seemed to flow to the fore front of her mind much easier than normal and she was soon claimed by the memories of what had occurred during the wars. She wanted to move to get away from them to throw hersellf into her work to try and evade them but nothing could be done. Dani didn't quite understand how it was Killians fault that her mother had been killed in her eyes it was ices fault, but if that meant she got o stay and wasn't going to be thrown out into a brand new world she would stay quiet on that front. "yeah i will stay I think" it'd be dumb to strike out when she knew next to nothing abut this world.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 8:02 pm

Killian let the rabbit snuggle close to him, making sure that she felt safe. He’d work things out for her, help her turn back to human shaped, and then he’d be able to think about what Ice had said about her having children again. He wanted to know, he wanted to give her that. Pippa left the bed where she’d been curled with Alkira, returning to snuggle close to the bunny, taking on the shape as well out of curiosity, and making Killian smile a little and the young thing’s antics. His eyes flickered up to meet Dani’s before they settled on his sister again, worry clear in his expression. “I have two children,” he told her softly. “Their mother… she’s not nice. It’s a long story. But you’ll be able to handle her. The children see Renee as their mother as it is, the lucky things.” He touched his sister’s hand briefly, letting her know that he was still there, watching over her and keeping her safe. It was strange that he was the one taking care of everyone now, after he’d spent so many years broken himself, but he didn’t mind. He would do anything for those he considered his family.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 8:51 pm

It'd taken her a month to recover and another for her brother to persuade her to return to the human, gliding over the hot pockets of air her sharp brown eyes keeping a keen eye out. Meanwhile Rose was finally allowing Julian to work with her, standing still and with her head lowered she was half asleep enjoying the relaxing feeling of the brush moving through her fur. One back leg was at rest and her tail occasionally swatted at the ever present flies, the chain of the hobbles had been removed the metal remained chafing her pasterns t a point where she didn't like him trying to touch them because they hurt so much. Turning her head she sniffed the mans pockets wondering if there was anything extra hidden in them, the noise of wings in the air made her attention shift. Focusing on the bird her initial response was to go tense, it was familiar and so was its smell.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 8:58 pm

It had taken him a while to get close to the mare, as he’d thought, but finally she was letting him brush her. Watching her ears out of the corner of his eye, just in case she decided she was through with him being around, he continued to brush her, getting rid of the last of the dead and matted hair. Ideally he’d like to get to her head, but she was understandably headshy, so he wasn’t pushing it. He’d keep to what she was comfortable with, though it had been good to finally get the halter off her. It had been far too tight. “Need to get those hobbles off you at some point, ginger. Getting the chain off wasn’t enough.” Feeling her sniff at his pockets, he steadied himself against her side, and brought out a few bits of carrot, talking to her gently. “It’ll hurt less if the metal’s not there, I promise.” Seeing her attention shift, he followed her gaze to watch the bird, frowning a little. He kept seeing that bird around, it was so similar. And it had been around when he’d heard the unfamiliar voice. He’d since pushed that aside as simply hearing things, but it was still strange.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 7:28 pm

pinning her ears in warning at the bird the chestnut turned and accepted the bits of carrot crunching them They hurt when you touch them she'd been sassing him in her head for the past couple of months and he hadn't heard anything so she didn't expect for him to hear her. Her gaze swung back to the bird watching as it glided down to land on a post. She knew that bird, it was a human, a woman who worked for ice although admittedly after the war had ended she'd stopped seeing her and her friend. lashing her tail, it was not a good idea to trust it she would have to keep a very close eye on the avian being, a back hoof stamped the pain of the hobbles never really left her for long she wanted them gone.

She'd kept to the shadows until she'd felt safe enough to wander around, she'd been eating a sandwich that she'd put together after being taught. Content enough and with Renee sitting next to her she didn't feel uneasy or uncomfortable, this place was nice much nicer than from where she'd come from. Half way through her tasty snack the attractive blonde with pale green eyes stalked into the room to snap at renee "you! you're supposed to be doing your job not feeding your face you ungrateful bitch!" the gentle renee flinched visibly and went quiet going to stand up. Dani shok her head and placed a hand on her friends shoulder before standing and turning picking up her plate and sandwich as she did so. Chewing she looked the woman over before smirking and swallwing the mouthful of food "Mind your own damn business, you don't get to go around talking to people like that. Especially Renee." the look on the blondes face amused her greatly too bad he'd gone on a hunt, he would have found this entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 7:53 pm

Julian eased back when he saw the mare’s ears flatten, but he relaxed again when he guessed it was aimed more at the bird. Using her to help him balance, he moved around behind her, making sure to keep away from the hobbles, and began to brush her other side. He’d need to start schooling her soon, keep her thinking and eager to learn rather than lazing her days away in the paddock. But he really needed to get the hobbles off her. Pausing in his brushing, he studied the wounds with a narrow gaze, sighing. “Might need to get the vet out. Lovely.” Annoyance was clear in his voice. He still disliked anyone else being around, though the vet was better than most about things. Finished with the brushing, he reached for the single crutch he preferred using, tucking the brush away in his pocket, and eyed the bird. “You around again. You must be a clone or something. No bird would survive this long.” Putting it out of his mind, he moved to the gate of the paddock, needing to be with Ghost for a while. Memories were bothering him again, and being with the stallion helped settle them some.

Since he’d needed to get back to hunting, despite the threat from Ice, Killian had left a few of his shadows with Renee, making sure that they would keep her safe. When he was told about what Rochelle was doing, he paused, hesitating in his stalking. He wanted to go and fix it, but Dani seemed to have the situation in hand, and he was well overdue on this particular hunt. He had to finish, but hopefully it would only be a couple more hours, and then he’d be home again at last after a week of tracking the man down. He wanted to get back to Renee and the children, and try to figure out how to get rid of Rochelle.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 1:39 pm

Ears flicked listening to him, Vet? I am not tolerating some idiot i don't know she thought to herself and out of spite pinned her ears and lashed out at the bird succeding in only making it hop to the next post. chasing the bird off until it was away from the posts of her paddock the mare went back to grazing. Melissa folded her wings again and watched the man, well she'd tried she'd turned up and was not welcome, now she could leave and go back to hunting.

More than used to back chatting, after all it was the only persuit of fun she had when she'dbeen in ices clutches. Dani skillfully wound Rochelle up, whilst taking her down a few pegs pride wise before chasing the older woman off. Grinning at Renee Dani decided to go and wander through the house and poke through everything again
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 2:45 pm

Julian watched the mare chasing the bird away in silence, not bothering to try and keep up. She just didn’t like anything new, and he could understand that. He didn’t care if the bird stayed around or not, though it was strange that she kept turning up. Wondering if she was hanging around because hungry, he went to the fridge he kept in the shed for the dog’s meat, and came out with a couple of pieces, tossing them in the falcon’s direction. Letting the ginger mare calm down in her own time, he headed for his stallion, holding on to the silky mane for balance once he discarded the crutch again. Ghost wasn’t a particular fan of it, and Julian didn’t blame him. The horse had had some bad experiences with metal poles a few years back, and Julian didn’t want to make it worse. Murmuring softly to the stallion, he worked through the slight chills and shakes that had cropped up, enjoying the quiet time with the cheeky stallion. Finishing up with a quick grooming of the grey coat, he began to head inside, only for a chopper to go overhead and trigger the worse memories. He barely had time to reach for the fence.

Finished with his hunt, Killian finally returned home, absently cleaning his blade as he walked through the door. Though he knew that the children would be asleep, he couldn’t resist checking in on them, making sure that they were okay. Satisfied that they were, he shut the door behind him as he got into his office. Dani knew she could come in any time, it didn’t bother him, but he kept it closed to everyone else in the household. It was just safer all around, especially with the things had he easily visible.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 8:18 pm

The bird had watched, considering leaving him to it, a noise over head had the bird going still and hunkering down a little. The man suddenly began to go down, she'd seen similar behaviour during and after the wars. Wings opened and began to carry her towards him, somewhere in the middle her form changed and she became human, the entire shift visible to him. Reaching him she found him on the ground, crouching near him, she took him in before speaking "It is alright, breathe slowly" it was a little ironic, they'd been like this once before with her saying almost the exact same thing. ice had appeared and attacked, she'd been forced to abandon her bird form and defend herself and Julian, Ices shadows had attacked him and ate his leg. After chasing Ice off she'd gone to him and after checking him over had used her brothers shadows to take him tothe infirmary, she'd visited him that night before leaving for good.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 9:31 pm

He curled into himself, barely hearing anything but what the noise of the chopper had conjured up. He couldn’t settle his breathing, shaking too hard to try and stay upright. Chills ran over him, making him shiver more in the cooling air. The sun was going down, and he’d had little to eat that day, having not being particularly hungry. He blinked at the bird changing shape, then just put it down to the panic attack he was trying to deal with. The simple words brought back memories that he hadn’t realised he’d had, and he winced in remembered pain, trying to breathe slowly and failing. Visions flashed too quickly for him to work out what they were, and he eventually just closed his eyes, not bothering to do anything to get through it.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 9:51 pm

He showed no signs of calming down if anything he got worse, heaving a soft sigh and without any emotion appearing on her face she picked up the man and slung him over ones shoulder smoothly. It was getting dark, really she should have just left him there and continued on but she couldn't and she wasn't exactly sure she liked that lack of control. There was no pity or sympathy present, instead she carried him inside and sat him down on one of the chairs that looked the most used. A whinny from the chestnut mare sent her towards the kitchen and returning with a bottle of beer that she passed to him, she stood there regarding him. Deciding she might as well stay she picked a seat for herself, back straight and hands resting in her lap she continued to study him, how quaint that this man and his father had taught her a great deal despite her not acknowledging it often. If not for their interference she would not have moved him, she would have left him there, Melissa almost wondered what he remembered. Clearly not much, although the pain of having ones leg eaten by shadows probably produced a good memory block. She voiced none of these thoughts, dark brown eyes intent and focused, patient, waiting.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 9:58 pm

He flinched at the touch, protesting a little at being moved. But the move helped to break through the fear, and he finally managed to get his breathing under control, though he kept his eyes closed, working through the memories. Feeling the bottle being passed to him, he opened his eyes to accept it, watching her blankly for a minute before his gaze sharpened, the last of the memories tucked away, back in the box they belonged in. He knew this woman. Taking a mouthful of the beer, his shoulders relaxed, and he finally felt up to talking. He shifted in the chair before he spoke softly. “Didn’t think I’d see you around again.” He wasn’t going to apologise for anything, it wasn’t his fault. He knew that much. And he refused to be ashamed of what he still went through.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 10:09 pm

He worked through it and was eventually able to relax, his words caused her to raise her shoulders a little "I do not see the point however my brother sees differently and thus here I am" she cared not a whit about what had just happened and she treated him exactly the same with an air of indifference. Did he or did he not remember or was everything tied up in a neat box so he could endure each day, the appearance of the ginger mare made her wary. Coincidences did not exist, the mare was here because ice wanted her here, she didn't know if this meant that ice would be targeting him but if she was Melissa was obligated to stay. He'd saved her and helped her, she owed it to him although she doubted that she would be welcome. Her gaze flicked away to the darkening sky out the window "do you remember ice?" She enquired quietly, what would ice do if she found him? Nothing good last time he'd lost a leg, she did not want to be seen giving help nor did she think hed appreciate it at all.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 10:24 pm

He tilted his head a little, watching her closely. He wanted to get out of the chair, but there was nothing close by to steady himself, so he stayed put. “Didn’t realise you had family too,” he murmured, shifting about slightly. He was in pain, and tired, and the panic attack meant that he wouldn’t be able to sleep tonight either. “Ice? Not sure the context, sheila?” He took another mouthful of the beer, still concentrating on keeping his breathing steady.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:18 pm

Melissa gave a slight shake of her head "it matters not, pay it no mind" she shouldn't be here she didn't belong here, she would only draw ice here and that frigid witch would not hesitate to destroy what peace he had here. On the other hand if she left and ice came here because of the horse or even him - the human had determination but she would crush him not unlike a bug. Eyes closed and her shoulders tensed subtly for a moment, she didn't belong here she didn't belong anywhere no matter what her brother said. She was a killer and nothing more, speaking of which "my brother and his family are all I have" listening to the ginger mare kick out and a back foot crack against the fence, Melissa sighed quietly. Her brother had been wrong it had been wrong to come here, her hands tightened on the armrest before she moved and stood. She wasn't wanted here, he just wanted to be left alone, so she would go and hunt once again; killing was easy killing was her job, she was good at it and she was efficient. Not really there she began to leave taking a few slow steps towards the door
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:48 pm

He studied her curiously, for once allowing the memories of the war to slip through his mind. She was very familiar, like he’d seen her before he’d discovered her after being shot those couple of months ago. Sifting through the memories, he was delayed in noticing that she was leaving, and shifted in his chair a little. Disliking that he had to ask for help, he sighed. “Mind grabbing the crutch for me when you go then?” A faint memory surfaced, and he flinched, then frowned, confused. How could that have been possible? “You can’t have been in the war, no?” Restless in the chair, he managed to get up, holding to the back of it to steady himself. “That doesn’t make sense.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 1:03 pm

The first question interrupted her thoughts, looking at him she gave a barely noticeable nod and exited, returning with the crutch intime to hear his second question she paused befre speaking "I was in both wars, I met your father in the first one and you in the second" he managed to get up and was holding ono the back of the chair to steady himself on his single leg. Passing him the crutch once he had it she was moving back out of reach, she could guess that her words would bring questions so many questions. She however owed him answers to those questions and would answer them as best she could "You saved my life" she repeated simply tilting her head a little to the side she waited patiently for everything to move and fall into place
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 1:15 pm

He took the crutch with a quiet nod, thinking through her words. “You said you were Melissa, right?” He nodded to himself, moving into the kitchen. He knew that he had to eat, even if he wasn’t all that hungry, and if she wanted anything, he didn’t mind that either. “Hungry?” It almost felt like he was back to normal, though he knew that would never happen. He’d seen too much, ben through too much. He sent her a curious glance, not pushing the memories that were slowly falling into place. “Only life I saved that wasn’t a soldier was a bird, sheila. Glad to see you survived the rest of it once you left.” He wasn’t going to question her, she was clearly uncomfortable being here. He was curious about her, and why she’d saved his father, but they weren’t important questions.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 1:33 pm

A single precise nod was what he got in response, hungry? She didn't feel hunger these days, however she moved after him."I was that bird" she provided smoothly studying him still before adding "you may ask your questions" questions didn't bother her if she didn't like a particular one she could jsut not answer it. "i know the ginger horse, she was once a human and from the looks of it has retained her humanity although she has long lost the ability to return to her human self" standing squarely with her hands neatly clasped behind her back and her dark brown eyes continuing to take him in the young woman didn't appear to match her apparent age. If anything she should appear in her fourties or over, however she looked like she was just in her late twenties. She still hadn't given a single hint that she had even noticed he was missing a leg, no pity nor sympathy in her gaze if he wanted her help then he would have to ask.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 1:40 pm

He sent her a sideways glance. “You didn’t answer the question,” he responded. “Hungry?” At the mention of the horse, he couldn’t stop himself from looking out the window at the ginger mare. That would explain why she seemed so smart. “Well that explains a lot,” he murmured, more to himself than to the young woman. “So she’s stuck as a horse, but you can change? That’s an interesting concept.” He glanced at her again, wondering what he really wanted to ask. “Why’d you save Dad?” he finally asked, figuring it would be better to start at the beginning. He turned back to the simple meal he was making, not asking her for help, internally grateful that she didn’t seem to want to offer help either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace   War and Peace - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War and Peace
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next