The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

As the Roo Bounces

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luna is discovering her passion for horses and riding, and is in need of a teacher willing to give her the basic idea. Julian, as always, is busy with his stud farm and training horses, but might have time to squeeze a student in.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 8:11 pm

Seeing the mare move into a bolt she nudged Julians mare a little closer to gate now seeing that giving her the opening was a bad move. With some struggle she was able to push the gate partially closed, just enough so the mare wouldn't be able to get out without hitting the post with a good portion of her body. She hoped it would be enough to deter the chestnut away and prevent her from pulling Julian over.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 8:19 pm

Holding tightly to the rope as she bolted, he moved with her, grateful that Luna had seen the issue and reacted quick. Grabbing hold of his mare's saddle, he nudged the mare into a trot, keeping up with the bolting mare as he worked on wrapping the end of the lead rope around the saddle horn firmly. Using just his weight to control the mare, he slowed her down, and she soon stopped, leaning back against the tug of the angry ginger mare. He'd need to be careful with getting in and out of the paddock with her back at the farm then, if this was anything to go by.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Managing to reach the gate she came to a stop to use her head to push the gate back open, preparing to continue a sharp tug at her head turned her around. Traitor came the harsh accusation towards the mare that was carrying the man, both horses were, didn't they get that humans were the enemy? Refusing to step closer, she kept her feet planted ignoring the pressure on her head too stubborn to give in and release the pressure, she was not going back in that arena and she was not going to go work herself into the earth for some long haired schmuck. She just wanted to be left alone, to hate existance in peace, hating the fact that she missed the other couple of steeds that had become her herd, the gentle arab mare and the annoying black shetland. She'd given up callng out for them they couldn't hear her, snorting worked up enough that she continued to sweat she waited
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 8:27 pm

Luna nudged Ned into a walk as Julian pulled his mare to a stop and she halted close to him but not to close just in case. "Im sorry." she told him softly. One of her hands played with the bays dark mane as she looked at the mare. "I didn't think she would be able to bolt like that and that it might allow you a chance to get her out slowly so we could get her from here."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 8:33 pm

Picking up Billie's reins, he glanced at her. "No harm done this time," he said. "For next time though, don't open gates unless you're asked to okay? Keeps everyone safer, especially when working with the kill pen horses. All they want to do is either escape or attack." Asking the mare to start walking, he gestured for her to go in front. "Keep away from the mare, she'll attack if she can. Head for the outskirts, I need to have a chat with Tom if he's there, see if he knows any other horses that have come from the same place." And if any others did come in, Julian wanted to have them. Likely they had all formed attachments and become a herd, and it would be cruel to keep them apart if he had the chance to keep them together.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 9:01 pm

Luna nodded her head as she urged Ned forward. "I promise." she told him with a soft blush as they moved. "Do you think he would have brought more in?" She knew it was possible but he had been struggling with the poor mare, it made her wonder if he did have anymore and what condition they would be in.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 9:04 pm

"Aye, it's likely. People like them tend to work them til they drop, then sell them on and get more." Keeping watch on the ginger mare, he kept an eye out for his friend as well, eventually seeing him at the back gate to the sale yards. Pulling Billie to a stop, he had a quick conversation with the man, asking him to keep a lookout for any others that came from the same place, and to let him know. With that done, he headed off again, walking the horses back to the farm at an easy pace that the ginger could keep up with. "Relax your hands on his reins, girl. He's a soft one, don't go making his mouth hard on me."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 9:06 pm

Resisting for as long as she could eventually she was forced into walking, how humiliating, stupid girl should have left the gate properly open and she would have been off scott free. Her heavily dreadlocked tail tried once again to flick and failed due to how heavy it was, the sweat on her clipped frame began to cool sending chills through her body. Covered in foam from where the ill fitting harness rubbed on her, tired now she still looked for an oppurtunity to attack or run, lifting her head she came to a brief halt looking around for the familiar shapes. Not seeing them she called out hopefully, but was only met with replies of horses she didn't know, flicking her ears she completely gave up for the moment her head lowered and she plodded slowly after the other mare
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 9:14 pm

Luna blinked and relaxed her grip quickly having not noticed the unconscious move. "Sorry. Im just worried about her and the way she reacted. I don't understand how anyone could be so cruel to a horse." she said resisting the urge to look back at the chestnut. She took a few deeps breaths and relaxed into the saddle as she imagined all tension leaving her body.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 9:30 pm

"Some people just don't understand." He shrugged, glancing back at the mare. He was going to need to call the vet as soon as they got back, hopefully get him out this afternoon to sedate the mare and let him get all the badly fitted gear off her. "Well, how was that for a riding lesson for you? Exciting enough?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 10:54 pm

Luna nodded her head slowly at his words and she blinked slightly water eyes. "Its interesting for sure. But Im glad you were able to rescue her from going to a bad home." she replied giving him a small smile, "I just hope he doesn't have any other horses cause I would hate to see what condition they are in."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 11:00 pm

He snorted, amused. "She was already in a bad home, if you could call it that, sheila. I just saved her from becoming dog food." He shortened the mare's reins as she lifted her head, smelling home, and checked on the girl. "He wouldn't have owned her, he's just the middle man. Someone else owned her, and got him to sell her for them."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 11:07 pm

Lunas mouth turned down slightly at the thought of that man being the middle man. "So her old owner was to much of a coward to show his face then." she said shaking her head, "That is kind of sicking really. And no horse should end up as dog food that's." Her blue eyes glinted with sadness for the horses that ended up at the doggers as words failed her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 11:10 pm

He shrugged. "No, not really. Many people use a dealer to sell their horses. Saves them having to show up at the sales themselves if they're busy. I do it on occasion if I have a lot of foals that year." Turning into his front gate, he nodded over at the hitching post. "Hop off him, untack him as best you can. I'll get this one settled then come over and help if you need it." He led the ginger mare over to his stallion yards, where the fence was too high for her to jump, but she was still able to see through the slats. He hadn't used it in a while, so the grass in there was long and thick, good eating. Leaving Billie outside, he somehow got the reluctant mare past the gate, and closed it.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 11:13 pm

She'd kept to herself, Person who owned me was a she not a he, cold hearted bitch she was keeping an internal commentary, Rose perked her ears seeing the long thick grass. The hungry animal took over and it was surprisingly easy to get her in there. Once in there she tried to eat and found with her mouth strapped shut she could barely get a decent mouthful in, pacing around the pens the animal still in control she began calling out loudly for her herd. the human knew the yweren't within hearing range and yet she continued to call for them
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 11:21 pm

Luna nodded slowly at his words. "But with her in such a condition it seems more like a cowards move. Surely to have a horse in such a condition would be considered animal abuse." she said as they entered the property. She nodded and broke away heading to the hitching area where she slipped down from Neds back and stumbled back a step. "Ill get there. One day hey Ned." she said softly as she picked up his halter. Swapping his bridle for the halter she turned her attention to the saddle. "All right lets see if I can get this off you." she mummered once it was unbuckled. Grabbing it front and back she pulled more than lifted it down towards her but once it reached the tipping point the weight made her ass hit the dirt with the saddle in her lap.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 11:25 pm

Gently, Julian tugged on the lead rope, hoping to get the mare close to him so he could at least get the bridle off her. "Alright, I know you can understand me. I can hear you talking." He kept his voice quiet, unwilling for Luna to catch on just yet. "Scottish girl, come on. Let me get the bridle off you." He didn't really care how long it took, but he wanted the bridle off first. Hearing the thump from behind him, he looked over his shoulder, distracted, and grinned when he saw Luna on the ground. The saddles were probably too heavy for her, but she'd learn eventually.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 1:40 pm

There was no way she was letting anybody near her head, the animal insisted upon it, her mind kept switching between the two ends of the scale. A little surprised that a human could hear her, the mare moved to stand as far away from him as she could keep yer dirty fambles away from my nob she tossed the head iin question and played with the sharp bits in her mouth out of pure habit. Noticing when he was distracted the mare gave a sharp pull of the rope hoping to jerk it out of his hands and get away. Hunger gnawing at her she dropped her head to grab a couple of blades of grass all she could really manage before her head was up again watching the human intently
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 1:54 pm

Luna huffed as she glared down at the saddle. "That wasn't in the script." she grumbled placing it beside her. Standing she managed to heft it up and after tottering around a few steps every way she got it over the railing. She leaned against it for a second before pulling the saddle pad off Neds back and going for a rubber brush to hose the gelding down. On her way back she grabbed the mares reins to hitch her up also for Julian.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Feeling the rope beginning to move, he gripped it tighter, moving closer so that it wasn't pulling on her head. "Don't want the bridle off? What about just undoing that flash band, hm? it'll let you eat properly then." He barely noticed Billie moving away, concentrating on the ginger mare more. "I won't do anything else, ginger. You're okay here."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 2:06 pm

Of course she wanted it off, but hands near her head, the mere thought had the animal take over more fiercely, snorting the mare ended up cornering herself, watching him warily. Human side said that the horses here looked well enough looked after, but the by now half feral horse wasn't having it, he wasn't coming near her hands near head was bad. no hands near head should she attack to make him go away? Perhaps he'd leave her alone then, yes she wanted the flash around her mouth gone but hands meant hurt
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 2:11 pm

He sighed, dropping the lead rope. "Alright, ginger. Stay here a moment." He slipped out of the yard, ducking into the shed to get a bucket of feed for her. Perhaps if he offered something nicer than grass, she'd let him close enough to at least release the flash so she could eat. He really needed to get the vet out soon to get the rest of the harness off her. Returning to the yard, he offered the bucket out to her, not bothering to pick up the rope again. If she wanted to keep away from him, he was going to let her.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 2:20 pm

Watching him leave she began rubbing her nose along the fence trying to use it to pop the flash off of from around her muzzle. Perking her ears when she noticed the bucket of feed the mare became visibly torn, she wanted the food, desperately wanted the food but she kept back. She'd taken a couple of steps closer, but that was it put it down and back away Rose demanded, shivering without realizing it.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 2:22 pm

He did one better, tipping the feed out onto the ground, and placing the bucket near the fence. "I just want to get the bridle off you, ginger," he said softly, crouching to make himself look less threatening. The bridle was his main concern, he wanted to get it off so she could eat, and then get to work on the harness later.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 2:26 pm

Staring at the feed she took a couple more steps closer, brown eyes flicked from the feed to the man crouching near it. want it off, don't want hands near head the voice was quiet, hesitant, she really wanted the food, so did the animal. Finally deciding she could just kill him if he mistepped she took the last few steps forward and began nosing at the feed trying to open her mouth and take a great bigmouthful
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As the Roo Bounces
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: