The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Of Gods and Men

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Mia is a Quetzalcoatl - an ancient Aztec goddess who's choosing instead to spend her days in the run down areas of Mexico City with her car and bike, tinkering with them and participating in illegal street races for the thrills and spills.
James is a part time cop, part time bounty hunter currently posted in Mexico City where he and Mia of course soon come head to head.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 6:08 pm

It was good to be back on the streets at a meet again, she’d had to spend a good few months fixing her car back up after a fairly big crash at her last race. Thankfully she hadn’t been hurt, but her precious car hadn’t survived that well and she’d taken her time in rebuilding it to make sure that it wouldn’t happen again. Rolling up at the meet, the young Mexican woman exchanged the good natured banter that always happened at these places, hoping that the police wouldn’t find out about this one this time. It was always a scramble when the cops showed up, and it always ended up in a crash of some sort from some one as they sped away. Putting that out of her mind, Mia began weaving her way through the cars that had turned up, eyeing off some as she appreciated the vehicles and not really the boys driving them.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 6:24 pm

He’d been following the illegal races for a few weeks now, it was entertaining watching them race and the mad scramble when the police inevitably showed up due to the noise their cars made. None of the people here knew he was a cop and he had no intention on blowing his cover, it’d been an enjoyable break from everything else going on especially since he was in between jobs, perched on the bonnet of the car he’d ‘borrowed’ to come here not particularly wanting to bring either his cop car or his ute. The man had no morals and despite being a cop was fond of thieving from people and had no restraint when it came to hurting people that got in his way, he was good at hiding the darker sides of his personality when he needed to in order to survive but it was at events like this that he could allow himself to truly be himself. Having brought a V with him and sipping it while watching the various people and personally hoping for a crash since that was always more exciting, the blond man was quite content there out of the limelight as he wasn’t here to talk to people unless they were going to be interesting and not as bland as water.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 6:28 pm

Spotting a newcomer that she didn’t recall meeting before, though that wasn’t anything new really. The racing was drawing more and more hoons and rebels the longer they went one, and faces came and went within days. Still, this one tweaked her curiosity, so she went over to him, a half empty beer bottle in her hand. “Hey there blondy. New to the scene?” She wanted to know what he was about, the car he was sitting on didn’t particularly impress her, but maybe he was just here to watch. Flicking a glance up at the buildings where she knew there were lookouts posted, she satisfied herself that they hadn’t seen anything yet and returned her attention to the man she’d joined on the bonnet of his car.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 6:39 pm

A woman separated herself from the crowd that milled around the ready cars and made her way over to him, greeting him with a question, a grin wound its way onto his face quite quickly “You could say that, It’s more interesting than watching a pub brawl” he’d been going through a few race groups, last week it’d been a group of races that raced to see how fast they could go down a quarter of a mile on a straight piece of concrete road. This group however seemed to race between the various twists and turns of the cluttered city, the danger and the speed of it all appealed to him however most of his money went on his weapons, upgrading, maintaining and acquiring more of them. Most recently had been a hunk of blurite that he’d been working on turning into some bullets for his hunting rifle that he’d been tending to, “What’s the pickings today, some overly arrogant young men that haven’t yet realized that women aren’t to be underestimated on the streets?” taking a sip of his energy drink his blue eyes flicked over to a couple of young men he’d already picked out to be creatures although he hadn’t pieced together what they were quite yet. Piecing together what creature was what had ended up becoming a great game that challenged him and was useful to do for when he got jobs in.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 6:46 pm

His response made her laugh and she leaned back on her free hand while she took a sip from her beer, watching the rest of the people mill around. This sort of meet was her favourite, she loved the danger of having to go through the crowded streets and alleyways and somehow avoid the cops who’d want to pull them up for racing. “OH you bet, there’s always some no matter how skilled a racer you are.” She was hoping to be going up against them, it always made for easy money betting against them, and she and her car were well known by now on the streets for racing. “Racer or watcher, cowboy?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 7:03 pm

Turning his attention back to her when she laughed, his easy grin remained plastered on his face, “beating those kinds of people is always the most enjoyable” shifting his weight to get more comfortable on the cold steel bonnet of the car “Watcher, I don’t earn enough to buy or build a car worth racing. So I’ve been drifting around various racing groups” finishing his drink and balancing the can on the roof of the can to be collected later the nickname she’d called him only added to his amusement. He’d only been in Mexico City for a couple of months after having moved down from America once he’d finished hunting a certain monkey that belonged to a circus and had been modified by a dragon. The modification had been painful but thus far was proving definitely worth it, James was looking forward to using his new skills to hunt and make more money off of creatures, listening to the distant rumble of engines as the participants of the current race finally showed up again beelining for the finish James looked over at them briefly as if assessing how much they were worth paying attention to, evidently deciding that they weren’t he returned his attention to the racer who’d joined him.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 8:05 pm

“Pity, I have a feeling you’d be fun to race. Oh well.” Looking over as the cars sounded like they were coming back, she stood up on the car to have a better look, amused as the one she’d picked out to win proved her right. “Me next, cowboy, gonna wish me luck?” She flicked him a quick wink as she jumped back down to the ground, thoroughly enjoying herself with him despite not even knowing his name. That didn’t bother her, there were so many that she didn’t know. Striding off, she abandoned her beer with a group of others that had similarly been abandoned and went to refind her car and get it at the start line. Her beloved car looked older than the others, and that often made people discount her as well as being a female. She was proud of her little nimble vehicle though, she’d lost count of how many times she’d rebuilt it over the many years she’d been alive, but each build only made it better in her opinion.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 8:20 pm

James laughed “Maybe we will race one day then” deciding that he quite liked this one when she cheekily asked him if he’d wish her luck, he sent her a smirk and gave a brief wave of his hand “I don’t believe in luck tiger” it was all statistics and patterns, things that were easily figured out in his quick mind. Watching her stride confidently over to her car after she abandoned her drink, she was interesting perhaps this would keep him from getting bored, in his opinion being bored was illegal and he knew very well that he became dangerous to others when bored and didn’t give a shit. One of the more recent race meets had ended with him firing shots in the air to watch them all bolt like rabbits, it would have been so easy to start picking them off and he’d been sorely tempted but had chosen not to, the last one had ended up being fun as a fight had broken out between the two men racing, there seemed to be less of that here but it was a lot more technical so all the more likely that there would be crashes. Hopping off of the bonnet he reached into the car he’d brought with him and picked out the radio, listening to some of the police jargon, satisfied that they had no idea just yet he slipped it back in through the half wound down window and resumed his spot on the bonnet lounging there quite comfortably, watching and waiting.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 8:28 pm

The new nickname just made her laugh and she pushed it out of her mind as she waited for the signal, boxing everything up to avoid being distracted during the race. Distractions caused mistakes, and mistakes caused accidents, and she wasn’t going to be having any crashes tonight. Revving the engine eagerly, the nimble little car was off like a shot as soon as the flag went down, zooming through the streets and zipping through the traffic at high speed. The streets they were on she knew like the back of her hand, she lived and raced here, and knew the best ways to get through the traffic along with all the shortcuts. Still, it was a close race, and she did get bumped about, ending up crossing the finish line in reverse, but still in first. Climbing out to sit on the roof, she joined in with the cheers that greeted her, and accepted the cash that was her prize. That would do to help fund the repairs on her car’s paint job, luckily there was nothing too serious this race.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 pm

Watching the goings on and eventually just listening to the engines of the cars as they shot through the crowded streets in and out of traffic and avoiding pedestrians, he was always a little amused at how enthusiastic the crowd got when the first car crossed the finish line. He was never amongst them, always just sitting back and watching, as ever disappointed that there hadn’t been any crashes he checked his phone to check the time, it was getting late and the noise of the engines definitely would have generated complaints and would mean the police would be on their way soon. Reaching into his car again to listen to the radio quietly and finding out what he needed to know James climbed up to sit on the roof of the car all the better to watch the mad scramble as the sound of sirens started to fill the air from a distance. What a rabbit race it was, people dispersing as quickly as they could, jumping into cars and trying to escape at once which congested the road, grinning to himself from his perch not at all worried about the police since he was one of them and he could claim that he was doing research into the illegal races and that was why he’d been there. Of course in reality it’d been because he was so bored, bored bored and it was a fun way to pass the time, it was better than obsessively going over his weapons again half of which were illegal but the law had never really stopped him before and it sure as hell wasn’t about to start bothering him now.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 9:58 pm

It hadn’t taken long this time for someone to call the police, and the shout soon echoed through the streets to alert them all. Diving back into her car, Mia sped away and found the back alleyways and lanes that allowed her to escape the cops this time. Parking herself in her garage, the door was shut firmly behind her and she breathed a sigh of relief. She hadn’t been caught this time.
It was a few weeks later that another race meet was held that she could actually go to, deciding this time not to take part. She was in the middle of rebuilding her bike’s engine, and she wanted to not potentially have a crash while she was in the middle of it. Perched on a railing watching the race, she knew what would happen the split second before it. Jumping out of the way as the three cars crashing through the railing she’d just been sitting on. Unable to stop herself, she dashed towards it to see if she could help. She knew the next race would be going ahead regardless, but she wasn’t interested in that right now, she wanted to make sure these drivers were okay first.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 10:02 am

He’d gone to various different race groups and finally was back at the one where the fun stranger had been, it seemed that this time she wasn’t racing, on his way over to her to start some more of the easy back and forth banter that they’d had last time. However, before he got over to her three cars smashed through the railing narrowly missing him, instantly things were more interesting, and a smirk curled up one side of his mouth. The noise of the metal scraping and being mangled was exciting peaking his interest, heading closer and managing to keep his emotions to himself, the car he came up to, had a man trapped within the metal wreckage of a car. Deciding that getting him out would mean that the man would owe him one for getting him out James got to work, breaking the glass of the windscreen properly he reached in and with a knife cut the straps of the harness that kept the man in his seat and yanked him out. Rougher than he probably should have been, James didn’t exactly give enough of a shit to be gentle, ignoring the yell of pain from the man, “Hospital visit for you” he could hear the sound of sirens coming closer and after listening was able to determine that it was an ambulance or two evidently someone had called for one while he’d been engrossed in pulling the man out.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 3:55 pm

Jumping forwards, Mia ignored the people around her in favour for getting one of the drivers out. He was unconscious and a dead weight, but she had helpers behind her to help drag the young kid out and at a safe distance. Who knew if the cars were going to get on fire, but it was safest to not risk being too close once they were all out. Inspecting the kid and being satisfied that he wasn’t going to die immediately on them, she looked up at the sound of sirens and relaxed once she figured out that they were ambulance ones. Already people were scattering, it was better to not even be seen at a meet like this, but she stayed, she had no car here after all, and she could wing it that she’d been passing by when the crash had happened if need be.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 5:10 pm

Spotting the girl from last time with an unconscious man from another one of the wrecked cars, James walked over and dumped the man he’d rescued very unceremoniously onto the ground beside the unconscious one. Looking back at the three mangled wrecks his smile threatened to slip back onto his face “Well, that was exciting” remarking mostly to himself although for the woman’s benefit. After that things seemed to go quickly, ambulance EMTs collecting the two survivors and taking the third who’d died, police cars showed up and that was when he turned to the woman for a brief moment shooting her a look before he headed off wondering if she was going to come after him or not. Wiping his hands of blood on a tissue, not that fond of being covered in body liquids that weren’t his own, leaving the sounds of sirens and flashing lights behind him he ducked through a side street to find himself in a park that was abandoned due to the late time. Slipping his hands into his pockets, his gaze flicking up to the sky watching the clouds that reflected the colour of the various bright lights of the city, the park was still a mess after the day of the dead celebrations, petals and decorations were strewen about the place.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Sticking around while the EMTs dealt with the situation, she told them what she knew and stepped back to allow them to do their job. Flicking a glance at the man as he walked off, Mia decided that she didn’t want to deal with the cops and slipped off, turning down a side alley that she knew would eventually join onto the park that she enjoyed wandering through. However it seemed that this time she wasn’t alone, for the same man was there already wandering as well. Picking up a few of the flowers, she twirled them in her hands before weaving them into her hair and ending up catching up with the man. “I don’t believe I caught your name, cowboy.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 7:15 pm

Hearing her footsteps and then her voice, James turned to look at her “James Huerta, and who might you be tiger?” he had a general idea thanks to being prone to listening in to other peoples conversations even if it was none of his business. Quite quick to get a general feel for people, she so far seemed like she’d be entertaining to know and spend time with, and entertainment was the thing that was one of the most important things in his mind. Being bored was a crime, a crime that always lead to him committing crimes, “not racing this meet?” from what he’d seen many of these street racers didn’t bother putting in roll cages into their cars unlike another group that raced over an 8th of a mile however they were likely going a lot quicker since they were in a straight line instead of in the winding roads and streets of the city. He kept his thoughts to himself, not particularly caring that much about the lack of a roll cage, it meant more accidents and injuries and that was great entertainment, the park was removed enough from the scene of the accident that the loud sirens and flashing lights weren’t bothering him.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 8:25 pm

She flashed him a charming smile, falling into step with him as they both kept wandering through the dark park. “Mia Cortez, nice to meet you.” At the question, she shook her head. “Nah, these guys are more prone than normal to crashes, and I have a job that I can’t afford to lose.” Plus she was rebuilding her bike, and being laid up for an injury would be thoroughly annoying. “Still not racing yourself?” She flicked him a quick grin, liking the easy banter they were developing. He was different to most of the other racers, and different was interesting, so she wanted to see if she could get to know him a bit more. “You were quick to pull the guy out, thanks for that.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 8:44 pm

Listening as she explained that she had a job she couldn’t afford to risk with young hotheads that couldn’t drive all that well “My money goes elsewhere” mainly on his weaponry and hoarding but that wasn’t something worth bringing up “I wasn’t able to get his name, note to self” he’d have to go find the young man later and put into words what the man now owed him. The man didn’t bother with any niceties of it being nice to meet her, those things were just a waste of time unless he wanted something from somebody and right now she was just someone or rather something of interest. “It’d be bad taste for a cop to race in an illegal race” not that being a cop stopped him from doing illegal things “Easy tiger, I’m not interested in wasting my time arresting you or your buddies, it’d make things a lot less fun” flicking her a wily grin he continued to head towards the part of the city where some food stands should still be open, unable to remember when he’d last eaten some ramen sounded pretty good right about now.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 8:52 pm

She kept pace with him, tensing only slightly when he revealed he was a cop. She couldn’t really afford to be arrested either, but he’d been at a few meets now, and was sticking around without having raised any sort of alarm. It didn’t mean that she trusted him, of course. He could be going undercover for something, but she pushed that out of her mind. “You bet it would, being arrested is boring.” She should know, she’d been arrested a few times now for her street racing, but had always managed to slip through and get away with just a warning or small fine. Pushing that also out of her mind, she walked beside him in silence for a while, content to join him wherever he was going, and see what else was going to happen tonight.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 1:36 pm

He snorted with amusement “Being bored should be illegal, at least the car races provide some entertainment especially the crashes. It’s quite amusing that the best way to stop being bored is to do illegal activities” speaking easily with his hands in his pockets making his way to the place he had in mind. Soon enough they were back on the streets and out of the park, reaching the square that was brightly decorated with lights hanging from some trees and stalls, the stalls were brightly coloured with big wording to draw people in. Spotting the ramen place he navigated his way through the small crowd of people and ordered something, once he had it he sat down at one of the wooden picnic tables that were scattered around the edges of the square, the wood was chipped and scratched with graffiti but still was robust enough for the purpose he needed it for. He didn’t particularly care if she joined him or not, he’d always been the type to look after himself first and not give a flying fuck about anybody else.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 4:39 pm

Not really having a response to that, she kept pace with him as they wandered through the markets. Deciding that she was hungry too, she ordered something and leaned against the table her chose once she’d received it, watching the crowds. “Been in Mexico City long?” He didn’t sound like a local, hence her nickname for him, and she was curious to why he was in this city instead of an American one. “What’s brought you here?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 5:14 pm

‘been in Mexico city long?’ the question was met with silence for a few moments “A couple of weeks, I enjoy a challenge and my past posting was somewhere with too much quietness” it was sort of the truth anyway, as much as she needed to know. The local authorities had taken some convincing to let an American onto their task force but he had a way with words, after he’d finished his food he stood and smirked “Perhaps I’ll see you around tiger, you seem like fun” with that she was awarded a brief carefree wave before the blond man turned about and walked into the crowd soon lost amongst the people wandering on their way to nothing from nowhere. It was about three weeks later when he was stuck behind the desk at the police station, there was an open newspaper on his desk where he was puzzling over the day's sudoku in order to try and keep himself busy before he started shooting people. He was halfway through it when the sound of his fellow officers, looking up in time to see two men handling a familiar woman in through the door a slight smirk lit up his features, finally some entertainment that was better than a stupid number puzzle. Closing the paper and pushing it to the side of his desk so he could write down the details of what his fellow officers had to say the reason for her arrest made his smirk grow “There's an empty cell over there, search her thoroughly before you put her in there boys, the last person you brought in tried to break out with a pick” although it’d be fun to detain her if she tried to escape it was admittedly more fun to poke at the egos of the two officers with her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 5:24 pm

She watched him go after he answered her question, still musing over the stranger. He was an interesting creature, and she wasn’t quite sure what he was although she could tell easily that he wasn’t human. Wandering along home, she spent the next few weeks rebuilding her bike properly, and ended up celebrating by going to race in a meet that was included her favourite streets and alleyways. Unfortunately for her this time, she didn’t manage to slip away when the cop shout was sounded, and ended up with a free ride to the station while they did who knows what with her car. Still, it wasn’t the first time and she didn’t bother trying to argue with them. That only got them pissed off and more likely to detain her. Sending a cheery smile at the familiar man, she didn’t seem to notice that the two idiots who’d brought her in were searching her. She had nothing that they’d want on her person. “Howdy cowboy, been amusing yourself?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 5:56 pm

He just chuckled “You could say that, my night just got all the more interesting now you’ve shown up” watching the pair of cops as they searched her and then uncuffed her just before shoving her into a cell he gave a lazy wave as they left. “Oh my, it seems they’ve impounded your car as well, not exactly a good night for you then” he was very aware that it was known amongst street races that impounded cars were fair game for the workers to tinker with and take things off as they wished. It’d be interesting to see if she’d try and persuade him to prevent the ‘grease monkeys’ from doing so to her own car, either way the night had gone from boring to fun and once they were properly alone he folded up the newspaper before getting up and wandering over to watch her through the bars a clear look of amusement on his features. Loosely folded arms over his chest and blue eyes watching her, he wasn’t look at her as if she were prey or below him, more like a fellow mischief maker who’d wandered across his path. Not a hair was out of place, it was important to be that way, the world was narcissistic and thus it was wise to play by those rules, it was all just a big game that was easily played without any real emotional element needed from him. He simply didn’t care about anyone apart from himself, others were to be used or trifled with, he had a range of contacts but relied on himself most of all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Of Gods and Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of Gods and Men
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Miscellaneous Rp-
Jump to: