The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Of Gods and Men

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

Of Gods and Men - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 4:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Mia is a Quetzalcoatl - an ancient Aztec goddess who's choosing instead to spend her days in the run down areas of Mexico City with her car and bike, tinkering with them and participating in illegal street races for the thrills and spills.
James is a part time cop, part time bounty hunter currently posted in Mexico City where he and Mia of course soon come head to head.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 6:04 pm

Leaning against the bars, she rolled her eyes somewhat, not really surprised they’d impounded her car. At the very least she hadn’t been caught due to a crash so at least she didn’t have that extra detail to work with once she got out and had her car back. “Idiots there can’t tell the front of a car from the back if their life depended on it.” Still, it was an annoyance, she was going to have to replace whatever the idiots took and that cost her money she didn’t particularly have to spare right now. “Glad I can amuse you, blondie, I’ve gotta be good at something while I’m here, hey?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 8:25 pm

Listening as she complained about the idiots that ran the car lock up, James found himself agreeing, although he likely wasn’t as well versed in cars as she was he knew enough to tinker with the ute that he used on hunts. It was a good way to store his various weapons and ammunition although it wasn’t exactly built for speed, still, it had a few ‘upgrades’ that weren’t exactly legal, able to pick up on the annoyance at having her car impounded an idea came to him. About to speak when she commented once more making him laugh, leaning his head back as he did so it was a few moments before the man grew slightly more serious and ceased laughing “I have some influence over them, I could potentially work it so your little car is left virtually untouched” she amused him as she’d said and it’d been a while since he’d had any real fun that wasn’t hunting and she promised to be someone that could provide him with some entertainment. Ever the sociopath he was prone to using people for his own benefit and then dumping them so this woman was no different, once she became boring he’d lose interest and move onto somebody else. Naturally, the offer would come at a price, for now, a favour which meant more fun down the line, taking a step closer so he was just out of reach the blond man quirked a brow waiting to hear if she’d take the bait.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 2:56 pm

The offer was an interesting one, and she moved to lean against the bars and study him. “Now why would you offer that, cowboy? What do you want from me?” She wasn’t stupid, most people didn’t offer something like that without wanting something in return. It was how the streets worked, and she’d lived in the poorer parts of the city for long enough to know the ins and outs of how to survive. Although she had the ability to move into a better sort of area, she didn’t want to, she preferred living with her people and breaking the law every so often. It was so much more fun than the manicured lawns and pretty houses of the richer parts of the city.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 3:30 pm

He couldn’t help his smirk “I hate being bored and you seem like a sure fire way to not be bored. In order to create some Chaos for a simple favour I’ll allow you out of your cage, to be cashed in one day at my leisure” it was hard to say whether or not she was going to accept his offer or not. From the paperwork it seemed that she was due to be stuck in jail until she faced charges, plenty of time for her to think about his tempting offer, it was always handy to have another creature owing you even if you hadn’t decided what the favour would be yet. The wind outside started to pick up, finally following up the weather reports that had claimed it was going to rain all day, the noise of rain started to batter the roof of the building they were in, keeping eye contact without flinching away the man slipped his hands into his pockets and glanced up briefly when the light fixed to the cracked ceiling flickered. None of his ‘comrades’ understood what he was doing in such a dump when he could have chosen to be anywhere in the city, there was so much more danger in this area of the city than some of the better districts. They didn’t get that he loved the danger, the risk, it was fun and the confrontations with people, plenty of people in this area didn’t trust the police and that didn’t bother him in the slightest, with the right kind of persuasion anyone could be won over.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 3:38 pm

Shifting her weight to be more comfortable where she was standing, the goddess considered the offer. She was aware of what the cops wanted to do with her, she’d flown under their radar for too long and managed to get away with too much for them to be happy just letting her off lightly this time. Listening to the wind was nice, she loved flying in the wind and the rain, and she made a mental note to go do that once she was out of the station. “Sure, why not.” It was risky, but that was half the fun of life, and she was very much an advocate for enjoying one’s life. Hers was unlimited after all and she didn’t want to become bored with her existence.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 10:08 pm

He grinned, quite pleased that once again he was being proven right in that she was going to be fun “If they ask you pickpocketed me” pulling a key out of his pocket he reached over and held it out for her to take. Once she had he wandered back to the desk and scribbled a quick note on a notepad and passed it to her “Show it to the greasies and they’ll free your zippy little car from prison as well, off you scoot” he didn’t ask for the key back very aware that she was going to end up in jail again at some point so she might as well keep the key for emergencies if she thought about hiding it in places where they wouldn’t usually search. Watching her trot out he commented “See ya around tiger” he didn’t see her again for several weeks as he’d been too busy to go to any of the race meets and he was fairly certain that she wouldn’t be racing anyway as she’d be rebuilding her car. Walking along the pavement one evening with nothing better to do than make trouble, ugh bored bored bored, he was so sick of being bored, seriously considering breaking into someone's house, stealing and then setting the place on fire he’d also started looking for someone to mug.  
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 6:58 pm

Taking the key and not intending at all to give it back, Mia let herself out of the cell and gave him a quick wave before scooting out with the note. Rescuing her car and taking it back home, she spent the next few weeks rebuilding its engine because she wanted to, giving it a few extra upgrades to give her the edge when she next decided to race. Once she was done she took it for a spin to cruise around town, and eventually spotted the blond cop. In the mood for some mischief, she rolled her window down and leaned on the door slightly as she slowed next to him. “If I wolf whistle, is that considered harassment, cowboy?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 10:38 pm

Hearing a car pull up behind him he didn’t have time to do more than just glance at the brightly coloured car when a familiar voice reached his ears, grinning he retorted “Not if I wolf whistle first tiger, taking the girl out for a test drive after rebuilding it? I thought that might be why the streets were so quiet” wondering if she was up for some sort of mischief and that’s why she’d pulled over he turned to peer into the car. Shoving his hands into his pockets and rocking back onto his heels whilst waiting for her reply, with her car back on the roads it seemed that things around here were finally starting to get interesting thank Christ. His ‘fellow’ cops hadn’t been that pleased when they’d found out that she and her car had gone missing and it’d been awfully entertaining to look them in the eye and deduce that she simply must have pickpocketed him and forged some documents, perhaps when he’d gone to get some doughnuts to nibble on.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 10:56 pm

She’d made the key into a necklace pendant, hanging it on a simple chain with a couple of other smaller keys to make it even less likely it was an actual key and was instead just a fake one she’d bought off some cheap place because she felt like it. “Well that’s good, I’d hate to be arrested for harassing some poor man.” Her usual quick grin was on her face as she studied him, he looked bored, but that was okay. She’d been bored too and now they were both not going to be bored. “Bored? Come for a ride.” Maybe she’d be able to nab some sirens and or lights off him and then they could have some real fun. “Unless you’ve got somewhere else you’d rather be of course.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 11:09 pm

Snickering quietly when she commented James couldn’t quite help his response “Poor harassed man” at the offer he perked up a little “You don’t have to ask me twice” moving around to get in the passengers side he closed the door and mused to himself for a moment “You’ve made some definite upgrades but you’re missing a few things, I could offer some however I don’t have them on me at the moment. What a shame” the only thing that could make this more fun than it was going to be was naturally some illegally obtained equipment, a police flashing light used on undercover cars of which he had some spare. A radio to listen in on police air ways and a siren were the only two other things that came to his mind, he left it up to her whether or not she wished to hear more, he was just the passenger strapped in for the joy of the ride and she was the driver. It wasn’t often that he’d let someone else take control of where they were going or what they were doing but he was bored, and he did all kinds of things when he was bored, noticing that there was a distinct lack of a roll cage despite the crash he shook his head a little to himself an amused smirk adorning his features. Fairly certain that he had a spare siren that he’d ‘acquired’ rather recently and radios were easy he had several spare, he merely waited despite wanting to go and do it right away to maximise the fun capacity not really giving too much of his thoughts away, ready to go.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 5:12 pm

Waiting impatiently for him to get himself sorted, the goddess lifted an eyebrow at him at his words. “What sort of upgrades would you be suggesting then cowboy?” She was always in the mood for some fun, and this even was already looking better and better. Lights and a siren would be the most excellent fun, she wasn’t too fussed about a radio and that wasn’t going to help her driving really. “Hurry up and we can go have some fun.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 6:55 pm

His usual smirk remained on his face, instead of answering the question he gave her an address, once they were there he got out and wandered into the storage facility, coming back with the silently promised siren and lights. Getting back in he stuck the lights to the dash and passed her the lights assuming that she knew enough of what she was doing to be able to install that without him having to lift a finger “Lets go then, I’m in dire need of some real fun” it was only a matter of time before he turned dastardly and started unleashing havoc and chaos, with the need to stay entertained all the time it was hardly surprising that some of his reactions to cause fun were illegal. Flicking his gaze from her to the road he appeared quite comfortable there as if he’d spent plenty of time in a small car like hers, so far he liked her, she was fun even if that meant that later on he might get in some trouble but that was nothing new. He didn’t particularly care about her, just the fun she could provide, everything else didn’t matter to him, the fact that he was a cop or that she was doing illegal races and he’d helped her out.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 9:04 pm

Following the directions, she parked outside while he went into the building, amused at what he came out with. “Well well, this should be interesting.” Installing them as needed, she pulled out of her parking space and got moving, flicking the lights and the siren on and darting through the traffic. She didn’t particularly care if she got caught doing this, she was fairly sure she could think up something to explain what she was doing, and what James was doing beside her, but she pushed those thoughts out of her head for now and just focused on her driving. Eventually growing tired, she flicked the lights and siren off and cruised back to where she’d picked him up off the street, slowing to stop and flick a grin at him. “Enjoy yourself?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 1:38 pm

once in the car he appeared perfectly content with a grin plastered over his face particularly when things grew more dangerous. Admittedly he had become more and more of an adrenaline junky after he’d been experimented on and turned into a very minor shadow master, he still bore Ices brand on the back of his shoulder although it was fairly well healed now, he didn’t regret escaping from her life was much more fun free after all. When the radio still on him crackled to life he lifted it and reported a false break in on the other side of the city sending a few units there meaning that the streets they were careering around at top speed. Eventually after a few hours of gleefully skidding around the alleyways of the city the creature he was with seemed to grow tired and slowed down heading back to where she’d picked him up “Well it was better than seeing how high prisoners can jump when I shoot at their feet” not in the mood to walk home instead he continued “my place isn’t far, I have a beer or two to spare” honestly she wasn’t that bad company although it meant some of his enemies would potentially take interest in her and take her in an attempt to manipulate him. That bothered him not, after all he didn’t get attached to people she was a means to have fun and that was it he wasn’t interested in her in any other way apart from perhaps an occasional friends with benefits moment.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 9:04 pm

She didn’t really stop to think about her answer, there wasn’t much that could harm her after all, and she was well capable of defending herself if she really had to. “Sure, why not.” Not minding that she’d have to drive them both there now, she followed his directions to his place and parked neatly before heading inside with him and accepting the beer he had promised her. He was an interesting person, not entirely human, but not a creature she’d met before, which made her want to know exactly what he was. She’d heard rumours of a shadow master experimenting with things, but had kept decidedly out of her grasp. Perhaps James hadn’t been so lucky, but she wasn’t going to ask. She didn’t expect him to want to tell her anything, not just yet anyway.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 4:19 pm

Directing her back to his place, a rather modest place that was kept very ordered and somewhat clean, getting out he unlocked the front door and headed in, vanishing into the garage and returning with a couple of beers. Offering her one he popped the top off of his and took a deep drink before meandering into the kitchen intent on finding something to eat, there was left over nacho chips from the night before so he dug the packet out of the pantry and wandered back out and offered her the bag for her to reach into if she was hungry. Not usually one to ask practically strangers back to his place unless he was intent on capturing them he leaned back against the bench, settling the bag down on the bench once she’d taken what she wanted, looking completely relaxed James grinned “That was fun, we should do it again some time” there was nothing like getting the kick of breaking the rules he was paid to uphold, it was fun and gave him the adrenaline rush that he enjoyed so.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 4:39 pm

She accepted the beer and followed him to find a place to relax. The chips were a happy offering as well, and she flicked him a quick smile when he finally got around to speaking. “I’m always up for some fun regardless of what it is.” Taking in her surroundings, it seemed that he was an ordinary sort of man on the outside, but there was still that strange niggling of him being a creature that she wasn’t familiar with. Perhaps she’d be able to find out what he was if he kept hanging around the race meets, but she was also quite aware that she was going to have to be careful to keep exactly what she was out of the debate. She couldn’t afford to leave her city, her presence was what kept things peaceful for everyone there and she didn’t want to risk anyone’s lives if she left.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 3:33 pm

He liked keeping people guessing as to what he was, he had no idea what she was but that didn’t really bother him, he hadn’t been paid to find out and capture her. Over the next year he wound up building a sort of friendship with Mia, he was someone who had many acquaintances and very few friends, so it was something that he was enjoying but didn’t expect to last much longer. Good things rarely lasted long when they did come his way, returning home from a careering drive throughout the city with Mia, having already said good night to her when his phone rang, James answered it and listened. Snorting when he was told he was hunting a good, he didn’t bother trying to explain that gods weren’t real, they were just over powered creatures, reassuring the man on the phone that he would capture the creature and bring it to them. Spending the next few days collecting all of the information he could, frowning to himself when he realized that the creature he had been paid to catch was the woman who had become a friend of sorts, there was no question that he was going to capture her but the question was how. It didn’t take him long to put together how he would do it, she owed him a favour so he would cash in on it, what happened to her after that wasn’t any of his business, arranging to meet with Mia later in the week he turned up at the meeting spot with his hands in his pockets leaning against his ute.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 3:54 pm

It had been interesting getting to know James over the past year or so, he was fun to be around and they got up to a fair amount of mischief with each other. Having arranged for him to swing by her shop to meet up for whatever he was planning, by the time he turned up she was under a customer’s car swearing mildly at one of the tools. She heard his car come to a stop but didn’t bother emerging since she was quite in the middle of what she was doing. After a few more minutes fiddling she rolled out on her trolley and studied him curiously. “What’s up, cowboy?” Something seemed a teeny bit off but she couldn’t quite pinpoint what was wrong. She still didn’t quite know what he was, but he barely felt like a creature so she hadn’t really been that inclined to find out. “Beer in the fridge if that’s what you’re wanting.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 7:20 pm

Looking a little amused at the swearing at inanimate objects he shrugged at the question, watching her “I’m actually here to cash in on that favour” he had some flame vine with him that he had braided tightly around the metal of some handcuffs. Taking them out of his pocket he held them up “Nothing personal, a jobs a job” he studied her “I’m happy to wait until you’ve finished there” remaining surprisingly pleasant he didn’t say much else. If she asked questions he would likely answer them as he had said there was nothing personal it was just because he was being paid a large sum of money for a ‘god’ sure she was overwhelmingly powerful but he knew her well enough to suspect that she would go along with it for the fact that she owed him a favour. If not well, then he’d misjudged her and he was about to die, however he was no coward, death didn’t frighten him although he would fight to survive as anyone would.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 7:29 pm

Listening to him, she narrowed her eyes and promptly rolled straight back under the car to keep going with what she’d been doing. “Not on your life, boyo.” It would not be good for the city if she left, here was her home and her centre of power – though that didn’t really help when she hadn’t created anything for a long time. She was sorely out of practice and apparently that was coming back right now to bite her in the ass. Things were falling into place about him too, she’d heard about a few hunters who simply caught what they were paid to catch and nothing more, and it appeared that he was one of them. Still, she was quite curious about who had paid him, there were very few who believed in the old gods anymore, and even fewer who knew that she was one and lived here. Continuing to tinker she stayed silent for a good while, stewing over her options and what she was going to do to get out of this situation. “Who and where?” If she could know that in advance then maybe she could start working out a way out before she was even in the place she needed to get out of.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2020 12:19 pm

Her response just caused him to smirk “You owe me, this is how you repay the debt” she was quiet for a while which didn’t bother him, he would wait until she’d finished tinkering with the little car, “Carl Swanson, he owns a lovely little place a bit of a drive from here” folding his arms he leaned against the door frame watching her still slightly off from normal which was the only indication that perhaps there was something else going on underneath he was ignoring. He was going to do the job, he was going to be paid a massive amount for her because some idiot thought she was an actual god, she was just a freakishly strong creature to him, gods weren’t real and she certainly was no god. There were so many stories of creation and so many gods that he refused to believe they were anything more than human fantasy, there were so many conflicting stories of how the world was made that he had decided it was just some stupid humans that had come up with ways to explain things they didn’t understand and had decided to use divine gods to explain it all. What she did after he dropped her off wasn’t his concern, she was smart enough that she would probably free herself and then potentially come after him but that didn’t really bother him either.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2020 3:48 pm

Rolling her eyes to herself, Mia scowled at the underside of the car. It would be better to get the favour dealt with and handled, but she really wasn’t a fan of being on display for some idiot who thought gods could be contained without consequence. “That really doesn’t tell me where you think you’re taking me.” Going quiet again she concentrated on what she was doing, at least wanting to get this car finished so the customer could pick it up in the next few days. At least she was confident in the fact that her house had always been on the no touching list of the various gangs and mobs around the town, so she wouldn’t be coming back to a trashed house.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 6:47 pm

He didn’t say much more before he turned and headed back to get himself one of the promised beers, returning with it he shrugged and gave up the rest of the information readily “ estate Coleccionista, two days drive north of here. A big open estate where Senor Carlito Perez lives, he comes from a long line of creature hunters that over the centuries turned their hunting into collecting menageries of creatures instead of killing them” she’d been around a long time he assumed that she likely would have heard of the family, they went back several centuries and could trace their history all the way back to Spain before the Spanish had reached what was now known as Mexico. Opening the beer and taking a sip of the cool liquid he sighed contentedly and leaned back against the wall rather comfortable there, the family were well known for being intelligent and very good at keeping their collection from escaping or dying, despite keeping the creatures caged the ones that behaved were very well cared for and wanted for nothing but their freedom. The small part of him that didn’t want to do this was squashed and ignored, he was being offered a substantial amount of money and he had no attachments to anyone, she was just some light entertainment, he didn’t have friends didn’t need them either in no rush to take her now or force her to hurry up with fixing the car he instead slowly went through her stock of beer. Thankfully the small part of himself that was doubting this whole deal was indeed minuscule and almost non-existent which meant he wouldn't have to do some serious self sorting out.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 8:48 pm

Two days was a fair drive, and she did indeed know where that estate was. Scowling again at the underside of the car, Mia stewed over it. The estate was just on the other side of the border, which meant that she was going to be taken completely from her home and that would deal a significant hit to her abilities and power. She was very aware of her limitations, and was more than content to stay within the city to ensure that she was always at her full power. Still, she had to repay the debt, she knew that she had no choice in the matter. It was just a case of working out the best way to get free and home before her power was drained too badly. The goddess didn’t say much else as she kept working on the car, finally finishing the job and rolling back out with a sigh. “Got a deadline then blondie?” She doubted that she’d be able to wriggle free of James, so she wasn’t even going to bother. Escaping was going to have to wait until she was at the estate and knew what her situation was going to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Of Gods and Men - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of Gods and Men
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Miscellaneous Rp-
Jump to: