The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When the Cicadas cry

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:54 am

First topic message reminder :

The year is 2011, the past year on the fourth of September there was a 7.1 earthquake that shocked the south Island of New Zealand. Thankfully no one was killed but some serious damage was done, it is February of 2011 now and unbeknownst to anyone the clock is ticking down on the quake that will change it all. Meet our characters, they end up being thrown together after the quake and find that they begin having flash backs of another life and another time when they are around each other. Will the small band of heroes survive the apocalyptic conditions or will they succumb to the death, everything will be revealed when the Cicadas cry

Last edited by Raven on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:06 pm

"any what dreams? oh yes i dream of unicorns and fairys" she mocked instantly her eyes glittering with amusement. What might have been there was well hidden and very hard to see, as well as complex, she had been dreaming of being a slave and to be honest she could sometimes feel the chains still around her. She narrowed her eyes "Something about these dreams...Memory like perhaps"

Quietly stalking the soldier Tobe smirked to himself, oh how easily this Lundburger allowed himself or herself to relax. He snuck up behind him and slammed the knife into hsi back before becoming visible and racing off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:12 pm

Liam Talbot, Police, 32, Divorced / Street / With: Lana
Liam blinked a bit, "Like memories? All right, if you meant unsettling in that way then, yes. I've had a few. Always along the same lines, sometimes they repeat."

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / His Room / With: --
Alex threw his hands up again as he was suddenly backstabbed, shouting, "God fucking dammit!" He pushed himself away in the chair and threw a pillow, "Why M&Ms?! Why have you betrayed me?!" He stood up, closing the game and moving to his bed, flopping down on it face first.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:16 pm

The sudden shouting made Tobe jump up with a loud swear as he saw his soup go everywhere, quickly saving his laptop he yelled "Jesus Fucking christ man! Don't flip your shit over lollies! I just made an important kill!" with annoyance and now realisation he swore softly and dove into his dark room.

Lana nodded and returned to her drink not saying any more after that, she became quiet and thoughtful her face changing to a bored mask that hid what thoughts were running underneath
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Liam Talbot, Police, 32, Divorced / Cafe / With: Lana
Liam finished off the contents of his cup and sighed, "You've been having memory-like dreams, as have I. Strange." He sighed a bit as he spoke, "A cell. There's always a cell."

Alex jumped a bit himself as he heard the yell in response. 'An important kill...' His head lifted up and he scowled. The timing was just too coincidental. "Oh, hells no!" he muttered the words in some faked accent and pushed himself of the bed, heading out of the room, down the stairs and to the entrance to the other flat, knocking rather hard on the door.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:29 pm

"Mine do not consist of a cell my dear man, mine consist of chains, of war, of seeing someone who was a friend for a long time be killed" she finished her drink and stood watching him coolly "mine consist of torture and pain, that are far too vivid to be just dreams" and with that she left the shop

He groaned into the pillow "go away" but he stood changing his pants to ones that werent stained with soup and walked to the front door grabbing a packet of Doritos to chew on as he opened the door his slight beard neatly trimmed and his hair a complete mess. He peeked through the crack "what?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Alex paused a moment, not really knowing what to accuse him of. "So, I get backstabbed in a game... and you respond that you just made an important kill." He frowned deeply, "That can't be coincidence. Too closely timed." The blonde, shaggy haired male looked rather put-out by the whole thing, frustrated. "Did you just use M&Ms against me?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:39 pm

"M&Ms are naturally back stabbing sons of bitches, they taste so good but they run out so fast" he replied softly, he hated social contact and preferred to talk over the internet. His voice was basically a whisper, as he reached into his packet and pulled out a salsa flavored Dorito to eat. His soft misty eyes were distant, mentally however he was freaking out oh my god oh my god, what do i do? ive just told him that im M&Ms what do i do? do i invite him in? no no no that would be too awkward, ii could i could give him a dorito and close the door? no no no he'll think im some kind of shut in, which i am maybe kinda but oh god thats not the point! i do internet shopping so that i don't have to leave the dammned house or speak to anyone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:44 pm

Alex watched him, confusion setting into his features. "So... you just stabbed me. Going to take a wild guess here, seeing as it was 'an important kill', you're also Historynut." He gave a bit of a sigh, standing there as he watched through the crack in the door, which was rather odd, in itself. Soft spoken, wouldn't open the door all the way. Geeze, he was made but, he wasn't going to hurt the guy!
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:50 pm

oh shit oh shit oh shit, okay okay, its cool you're cool its all good phew alright lets do this he pulled out a dorito and offered it through the crack "Dorito?" he just wanted to go and sit in his nice dark room and play Skyrim. oh you had better apoligise maybe thats why hes mad "im sorry" he whispered meaning about the League of Legends game.

Rose soon turned up after having caught the bus home, she had ended up feeling dizzy and after nearly vomiting she had gotten sent home. Walking down the street she paused seeing Alex interrogating someone who lived next door. Woah what when had they gotten a next door neighbour? "Alex, whatcha doing?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:55 pm

Alex blinked at him, more than obviously confused now. He took the Dorito, head tilted slightly, "Uh, thanks..." As the man apologized, he sighed a bit, "Don't worry about it, bro, it's cool." As he heard Rose behind him, he turned suddenly, "Well, you're back early..."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:59 pm

At this Tobe took the chance to close the door and back away from it, his palms sweaty and his hair frazzled. He hated social interaction, ever since he was a boy mainly because he had grown up in the childrens home and he had always been picked on. He turned moving into his room and sitting in the quiet darkness closing his eyes.

Rose shrugged "Been sick" she wrinkled her nose "what are you doing over there? Thought it was abandoned" she began walking up the pathway to their place glancing over at him with intrest although she did look rather sick. "ive been having the weirdest flash backs dude, i swear to god"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:04 pm

Alex rubbed the back of his head, "I may have shouted... and then he shouted... and we realized he'd been killing me in a game." He shrugged, eating the dorito, "Not abandoned. He's odd and he killed me but, he has doritos so, I guess he's okay for now." He tilted his head at her, frowning, "Should lie down. What do you mean flashbacks?" He moved over to their door, opening it for her.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Rose smiled thankfully walking in she all but collapsed on the couch dumping her bag on the ground "ugh, just these weird hallucinations, like i swear to you that i saw my arm without an arm, i mean i had a stump no forearm no hand, and then they all started because i met this guy in a CD store" she thumped her head back "and i feel like ive been stabbed several times"

Lana left Liam there heading home running a hand through her hair thoughtfully, her dark green eyes were hard and cold the pain that she felt from these dreams was leaking into her everyday life. She had told a slight lie when she had talked to Liam. He was also in the dreams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / Living Room / With: Rose
Alex sighed, sitting in a chair nearby. "They started when you met someone?" He raised any eyebrow, frowning. He didn't know why that would cause this. He also didn't know why she would be hallucinating or be able to feel the hallucinations. Normally people didn't feel them, right?
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:20 pm

She didn't really wish to talk about it but she shrugged "yeah, and they feel so real, like one minute im there in the check out and the next im at sea, wearing old pirate clothes short hair missing most of my arm and he's there as well in the same sort of shabby clothes" she sighed before turning her head to look at him "whos the next door neighbour? did you get a name? he must be really quiet if we haven't heard him"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:25 pm

Alex frowned a bit, uncertain what to say about these visions. He gave a sigh, "No, I didn't. I think I was scaring him, actually. The only time he spoke loudly was when he was on the other side of a wall from me. Turns out our rooms are, apparently, side by side. Either that or he has an office in there."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:31 pm

She raised an eyebrow "Find him on steam, add him as a friend" she closed her eyes "maybe he dosen't like people or something" she curled up tightly "ugh.... i feel sick, at least its my day off tomorrow im planning to go to hagley park do you want to come?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Alex sighed, nodding slightly, leaning back in the chair. He still wasn't certain if he should be mad at the guy or not. He didn't like being beaten. At the mention of the park, he nodded, "All right, if you're feeling up for it. If not, I don't want you pushing yourself." He laughed, "I can't lose my landlady." He stuck his tongue out at her.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:44 pm

She smirked slightly before she pulled a blanket over herself "Damn it alex, what kind of fickle monster meets a guy once and begins having hallucinations about herself and him on a damned pirate ship! i should be hanged, i don't like this... kill meeeee...." she sighed.

Lana got home swiftly opening the door she stretched out on the cool floor pressing her wrists to her face, her smartphone that she had ogtten her mitts on slid out onto the floor. Turning onto her side she sighed slightly.

Haytham blinked glancing up at the reddening sky he would have to find somewhere to sleep soon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 7:01 pm

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Home / With: --
Joshua sat in front of the tv, watching an episode of How I Met Your Mother. He'd never admit he watched it, though, it was a sort of guilty pleasure show for him. Hell, he liked Barney. He sat there, eating a piece of mixed berry cheesecake. Once finished, he followed it with a shot of rum, quickly realizing how bad the two tasted together. As he swallowed the rum, something flashed in front of his eyes... a bar. Not like any he'd seen. No, it wasn't a bar, it was an old fashioned tavern. He touched his temples and frowned.

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Park / With: Haytham
Thomas smiled slightly as he saw the man from before. He walked over to him, "Hello, again." He kept his smile, noting that he was looking at the sky. His head tilted a little as he watched him, hands in his pockets. He'd since gotten rid of the book, suggesting he'd been home. "Is something wrong?"

Liam Talbot, Police, 32, Divorced / Home / With: --
Liam picked up his phone. It wasn't fancy, a standard, full keyboard Blackberry. He smirked a bit, sending a message to Lana, 'Hello, hello.' He hated texting, truthfully but, her reaction to him having her number would be interesting. He only wished he could see it.

Alex laughed, "I don't think they do too many hangings, anymore, Rose." He smiled a bit at her, "Well, was the guy good looking? Nice?" He shrugged a bit, "I've heard of many cases where girls, or even guys, meet someone and then daydream about them. As for pirates, pirates are a very romanticized thing, like knights in shining armor. That could be a possible explanation." He chewed on his thumb a little bit, a habit of his when he had nothing in his hands. "I don't know about the injuries bit, though."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 7:36 pm

He glanced up at Thomas, he was sat on the ground his pencil in his hands, he had sketched the trees being blown about int he breeze. He shrugged "Just deciding that its time to set up camp for the night" he shrugged the man seemed to have a habit of just appearing.

Avaline opened an eye hearing her phone vibrate on the floor beside her, reaching out a hand she dragged it over and stared at it. Unlocking it with her passcode she sighed texting back identify yourself, momma always told me not to speak to strangers

Rose narrowed her eyes "you know fully well that i don't make up happy fantasy worlds you idiot, and no it wasn't a happy romantic thing. I was depressed, hurt and dying, i.. i was only thirty years old and i had taken a bullet to the lung" she frowned "he was there, crying"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 7:47 pm

Thomas frowned a little at that. He shifted his feet a bit, looking around. He didn't mean to set up here in the park, did he? Thomas looked back down at him, sighing, "I have a pull-out couch, if you need a place." This wasn't the first time he'd offered for someone he'd just met to stay with him and, well, he knew it wouldn't be the last. He was just that kind of person.

Liam Talbot, Police, 32, Divorced / Home / With: --
Liam rolled his eyes at the reply, sighing. He responded with an, 'As if you can't guess.'

Alex frowned, rubbing his face. He honestly had no clue what to tell her. He hadn't heard of stuff like this before, not in real life, at least. "Some... media... shows and things... well, they have things like that happen sometimes when a person is remembering." He shrugged a bit, "Like glimpses into a past life, if you believe in that. I haven't ever heard of it actually happening so, I don't know."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:07 pm

Haytham looked shocked "why would you do that for a complete stranger?" his smooth velvet tones made no effort to hide his surprise and wariness. He had been played a couple of times by people who thought it would be funny to hurt and throw things at a man without ahome.

Rose rolled her eyes "mmeehh, go and make friends with the shy boy next door, you need friends other than me" she told him turning her back to him she curled up. She didn't like the idea of loving such a man in another life, she couldn't love anyway.

Avaline laughed softly and replied Santa you didn't give me what i asked for last year getting up she slipped the phone into her pocket and began running a hot bath for herself. Flipping off the lights she sighed waiting for the water to fill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:13 pm

Thomas kept his gentle smile, "Because I feel most everyone deserves some kindness." He offered a hand to the man to stand, "I'm happy to share my home with you for a night, or even two. You're certainly deserving of it."

Alex gave a sigh before standing and heading up the stairs into his room. As she suggested, he got on his computer and went to Steam, adding the strange, shy man. He opened up Google Chrome, browsing a few sites, leaning his cheek on his hand as it was propped up.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:17 pm

Haytham packed up his things then stood with a quiet nod "Thank you Thomas Keits, i will owe you a debt after this" he smiled slightly his dark eyes grateful as he swung his things over his shoulder. He ran a quiet hand through his hair.

A ding on the shy males computer made him look up, he checked his computer starting slightly as he had a friend request. His first ever, unsure of what to do he just clicked accept before he chewed on his fingernails, deciding that he was nervous because he was suffering from lack of exercise he moved over to the Treadmill that he had set up in the spare bedroom and flicked on the laptop beginning to walk on the treadmill. The energy that walking on the thing caused charged the laptop keeping it on and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When the Cicadas cry
Page 2 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: