The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When the Cicadas cry

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:54 am

First topic message reminder :

The year is 2011, the past year on the fourth of September there was a 7.1 earthquake that shocked the south Island of New Zealand. Thankfully no one was killed but some serious damage was done, it is February of 2011 now and unbeknownst to anyone the clock is ticking down on the quake that will change it all. Meet our characters, they end up being thrown together after the quake and find that they begin having flash backs of another life and another time when they are around each other. Will the small band of heroes survive the apocalyptic conditions or will they succumb to the death, everything will be revealed when the Cicadas cry

Last edited by Raven on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:52 am

Liam Talbot, Police, 32, Divorced / Lana's House / With: Lana
Liam gave a small sigh as Lana positioned herself against him. He could feel her skin brush his neck briefly and smiled at that. He set the gun down and moved a small bit to pull out his police talkie. "Sorry... I have to call this in. The sooner she's caught..." He pressed the button, stating his name and location, his spoke back and forth with the other person, "We have a murderer sighting inside a private residence. No, not suspect, she's no longer just a suspect. New info for the search, scar on her face, first name is Kalypso, spelled with a K, not a C. I'm also going to need a substance tested." He set the talkie back down, frowning a small bit.

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Home / With: Rose
Joshua stood with a small groan and grabbed the DVD case. He pulled out the disk and slid it into the player, picking up the remotes along the way. He sat them on the table in front of him and waited a moment, knowing the Chinese place wasn't too far off. He glanced over at Rose and sigh, "You seem a little out of your element..."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:37 am

Lana sighed "they're going to come here now aren't they?" she moved out of the mans grip and stood, the half moon shone on her face revealing the hideous bruises and cuts "They're going to ask why you're here as well you know" her words were slurred and tired.

Rose glanced up from where she was picking at a hangnail "do i?" the simple words were layered with many diferent emotions. She wasn't good at this kind of thing? she was better at beating the crap out of people or watching supernatural at home. Her hands clenched slightly, better to bite the bullet she decided eventually "you know you don't have to go through the whole Ordeal of pretending to want to date me, if you want to date alex you just have to flirt with him for a bit"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:48 am

Liam stood as she did, watching her carefully. "That's simple. You're a consultant, I came for your opinion on the most recent vic. Which is all true." He smiled gently. "I'm a police officer, Lana, a respected one. I tell them something, they're going to believe it."

Joshua paused as she spoke, he frowned a bit. "Why would I pretend to date you to get close to him? That doesn't even make sense." He gave a sigh and sat down on the couch beside her, head tilted, "You... do realize I'm straight, right? Fully. I have no desire to... ever even think about dating a male." He seemed to truly dislike the prospect, even a little freaked out by even the mere thought of being with a guy.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:52 am

Rose arched an eyebrow "Why would you? because thats whats happened to me every single time someone has asked to go on a date with me it was so that they could get to know more about alex" she looked away from him her green eyes simmering with emotion.

Lana nodded and moved to sit on the couch, stretching out and placing her feet on one arm rest whilst her head was up close to the other one she closed her eyes. "What is the time?" was all that she asked some moments later, she was busy pulling up her mind palace, pulling on her shirt quickly she opened several doors in her mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:02 am

Liam gave a sigh, looking at his watch, "A little after eight." He watched her a moment, some worry on his features.

Joshua frowned, watching her. "Look, as I said, I am fully straight. I don't think a have a gay bone in my body." He shrugged a bit, "I'm not interested in Alex, in the least. Seems like a cool enough guy... little antisocial... but, really not interested." He heard a knock on the door and stood, wandering over to it. He pulled some money from his wallet and opened the door, taking the food and handing off the money. He closed the door, setting the bag of food on the coffee table in front of the couch, pulling the take out boxes out. He moved into the kitchen to grab plates and, if needed, forks. He'd be using his chopsticks, though. He smiled at her, setting her fork and plate out in front of her, "Rose, I am on a date with you to hang out with you, no alternative motives."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:06 am

Rose narrowed her eyes slightly "then why call it a date? if it is just two friends hanging out then surely the correct phrase is to 'hang out'" she felt rather uncomfortable with the knowledge that he was wanting to hang out with her. Completly new territory she wished that she were a snail so she could hide in a shell, she reached over and took the box that had her meal in it, pulling ot a wanton she bit into it carefully wincing slightly at the pain in her jaw
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:17 am

Joshua shrugged, "Cause it is one..." He gave a sigh, scooping a bit of rice and a bit of beef with broccoli onto his plate. "I told you, I'm not good with this kind of thing. I haven't asked a girl out or been on a date in around two years, now. I'm a tad, well, rusty at it." He ran his fingers through his hair, pulling the plate into his lap. His eyes were on his food as he spoke a bit quietly, uncertain "If... you don't want it to be a date, then, I, uh, I suppose it could just be hanging out..." He picked at his food a bit before he started eating it, bringing the remote over for when they started the movie.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:31 am

She nodded focusing on her food "It is more of a hang out as we barely know each other, dates could come later perhaps" she murmured that pretty pale blush highlighting her throat and lower half of her face once more. It could be considered the only other pretty thing about her apart from her face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:42 am

Joshua nodded a small bit, looking down at his food. He frowned a little, "All right. Just hanging out, then." He ran his fingers through his hair and then took a few more bites, before looking at her with a small smile, "So... movie?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:45 am

Rose went redder staring down at her food "i mean i don't know... i guess it is a date but i just" she shrugged "i don't know... im way out of my depth with this kind of thing" she scratched the back of her neck mumbling "I guess you could say that this is my first real date, others had asked me out but it was more to get close to Alex" she scratched at the side of her fingers nails again avoiding his gaze. she had no idea what she was doin gshe just. She did feel this strange connection that pulled her toward Joshua but her very instinct told her to fight this connection lest she be easily caught
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:52 am

Joshua chewed his lip a little, "I'm not trying to get close to Alex, I promise you that." He smiled at her, laughing a little, "Well, I'm sorry you have to have a wreck like me for your first date..." He took another bite of his food, "We can go as slowly as you want." He smiled brightly at her before going ahead and turning the movie on as he continued to eat.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:54 am

She looked up at him with a look of gratitude in her pale green eyes "You're not that much of a wreck, thank you" she said softly before turning her attention to the movie. She couldn't finish all of her food due to the intense pain that eating caused the open wound in the back of her jaw. Halfway through the movie just as she'd predicted she fell asleep curled up slightly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:04 am

Joshua frowned a little but hid it. Oh, he was more of a wreck than she knew. College drop-out, heroin user, partial sex addict, drinker. Hell, he was amazed he didn't have HIV, an STD, or was dead in a gutter by now. Probably only a matter of time. He was glad he'd used last night, the withdrawal symptoms would hold out for while Rose was with him. Hell, they'd hold out until the next night, probably. He smiled a bit as Rose curled up asleep. Unsure of what to do, he let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:10 am

Rose shivered, moving around slightly in her sleep she wound up with her head in his lap, the fire that normally burned in her features was reduced to warm embers that gave out a familiar comforting kind of warmth.

Haytham returned at about eight, tired and worn out but happy with the paintings that he had done, he had a cut lip from where some kids had thrown stones at him but that was nothing new. Placing the painting down he admired it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:16 am

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Home / With: Haytham
Thomas looked away from the tv as Haytham came in. His eyes went to the painting and he smiled. "Hello, again." He returned his gaze to Haytham, frowning as he noticed the cut lip, "What happened?"

Joshua blinked a bit as she put her head in his lap. He smiled a bit, resting his arm over her. He'd long since moved his food plate back onto the coffee table. He was happy to just be sitting there with her. It was odd, he hadn't done something like this in so very long.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:21 am

Haytham shook his head "Nothing, how was your day?" he asked walking over and sitting down, he smelled of the clean dirt first thing in the morning and the fresh air. He smelled smoky like burning wood, he turned watching thomas with comfortable eyes.

Rose slowly woke up at the warmth over her, her arm moved hand grabbing his elbow tightly as her eyes flicked open. They squinted before she recognized joshua and her face lit up in another pale blush
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:29 am

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Home / With: Haytham
Thomas frowned at the cut lip, sighing slightly. "It was a bit boring, honestly. Went for a run but, that was about all I did." Granted, it had been a long run, good two and a half miles or so. He noticed the smell and smiled briefly. His eyes flicked over to the painting that had been brought in, "That one is very good." He smiled, now, looking back at the man sitting next to him.

Joshua winced a bit as his elbow was grabbed, reacting as if there was a bruise there. In fact, there was one. He'd done something a little wrong the night before and it had bruised over a small bit. He smiled down at her, though, as if her grabbing there hadn't hurt him in the least.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:34 am

Rose noticed the wince and her eyes flickered, she pulled out of his lap "are you alright? im sorry if my nails dug into you" she reached up as if to pull up his sleeve to make sure that she didn't hurt him her green eyes alight with embarrasment at having fallen asleep adn worry for him.

when they police turned up they found lana in a half meditated mode, she ignored their questions and their furgitive looks that were sent her way. She ignored the mutters that arose when they saw the bruises on her face, she had created her own world to wander through while they did their business
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:38 am

Joshua drew his arm back reflexively as she moved to pull up the sleeve. He seemed to stiffen a bit, running his fingers through his hair, his usual nervous tick. "I.. no, they didn't. It's fine." He smiled at her, relaxing a bit, trying to make up for his already suspicious movement.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:39 am

pale green eyes narrowed "uh huh..." she decided to leave it for now, they were what only aquaintences who had gone on a date after all. She tugged on her ear lobe, thinking before she said "i had better get home, thanks for having me over" a shy smile flickered over her features
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:46 am

Joshua smiled at her, "All right." He stood to let her out, "Thank you for, you know, actually coming." He chewed his lip a bit, "This is going to sound weird but, could you do me a favor? Just... text me when you make it home. There's a lot of crazy crap going on in this town after dark." He truly was concerned for her safety. If he hadn't been so warned as a 'specifically him' warning, he'd have immediately offered to walk her home. Part of him still wanted to, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:50 am

"Its alright i had fun, we should do it again sometime" her eyes sparkled "We should go to Orana park next time" she grinned she loved going there it was her favorite place in the whole world. She was going to be a Vet nurse one day and she would take care of animals, she couldn't wait. At his next words she nodded "yeah sure, see you next time Joshua" she smiled
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:54 am

Joshua nodded, smiling as she mentioned Orana park. "That sounds great. Any day you want to, so long as we're both free." He was rather pleased that she had suggested a second one. He opened the door for her, smiling happily, "Thank you, Rose. I'll see you. Glad you enjoyed tonight."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:56 am

She tugged on her earlobe "Say same day next week? meet you there at tenam don't be late" she hesitated before she brushed her lips against his cheek and walked out heading away she soon was out of sight. As soon as she was she raced back home slamming open the door and collapsing on her bed grinning happily to herslef
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 11:03 am

Joshua smiled brightly as she kissed his cheek. He watched her leave and shut the door before picking at the remnants of his meal, grinning. He left his phone out on the table, waiting for her text. He'd eat, make sure she got home safely, clean and then sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When the Cicadas cry
Page 13 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: