The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When the Cicadas cry

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:54 am

First topic message reminder :

The year is 2011, the past year on the fourth of September there was a 7.1 earthquake that shocked the south Island of New Zealand. Thankfully no one was killed but some serious damage was done, it is February of 2011 now and unbeknownst to anyone the clock is ticking down on the quake that will change it all. Meet our characters, they end up being thrown together after the quake and find that they begin having flash backs of another life and another time when they are around each other. Will the small band of heroes survive the apocalyptic conditions or will they succumb to the death, everything will be revealed when the Cicadas cry

Last edited by Raven on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 11:06 am

Rose lay on her back hugging her pillow a big grin on her face, she felt happy and content, and suprisingly looking forward to next week. She got up and made her way down the stairs the huge grin still there, heading into the bathroom she pulled out a pair of tweezers and opened her mouth, before she got to self dentistring she sent him a text home safe and sound looking forward to next week
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Home / With: Rose
Joshua smiled as he saw the text, he answered back, 'Good, glad to hear it. I can't wait.' He chewed his lip a bit, setting the phone down to clean up. He threw the boxes away and popped a couple of aspirin in his mouth for the pain. He gave a sigh and grabbed his phone, heading into his room and collapsing on his bed.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Over the next week Tobais became more open with Alex allowing him to call him by his nickname of Tobe. He still couldn't speak more than a few words face to face, he also let Alex in on some of the details of his past, how his dad died of cancer and then his ma hung herself, of how he got paid by the state 200 dollars weekly and 80 dollars of that went to the rent.

There were several 5+ magintude earthquakes over the course of the week nothing too serious.

Haytham had gone out and painted some of the damaged areas of christchurch and sold most of his paintings that week. He had stubbornly given half of his earnings to Thomas as a sort of rent.

Rose meanwhile was falling hard and fast for the 'arrogant toerag' as she affectionatly called him, she had kept in contact via text.

Lana had rebuffed latest attempts to get her to help with the police investigation, she had also quit her job at the bar and had suffered a brutal beating from it. She had kept this extra beating a secret from Liam still thinking that it made her weak
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:57 pm

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Home / With: Haytham
Thomas came out of his room, running his fingers through his hair. He sighed, smiling at Haytham. "Morning." He'd loosened up a bit, over the past week. He was happy having Haytham around, even if the memories did keep coming and coming. He didn't like Haytham paying but, the man had insisted. In return, Thomas had made certain to get him a few new pieces of clothing.

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / Home / With: --
Alex sat at his computer, watching a play through of the game Kraven Manor. He opened Steam on the side, 'Hey, what's up?'

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Home / With: --
Joshua had gotten ready, having used again the night before. It had put him a bit off his schedule of shooting up every other day but, he didn't want to be showing any signs of withdrawal around Rose. He wore another combination of a long sleeved shirt underneath a band tee with jeans and Converse. He'd been happier this week, even though he'd shocked a few people by not once bringing a girl home. He worried, though, about Rose and what she'd do when she learned about his previous sleeping around and his current drug habits. It was almost ten as he reached the front entrance to the park.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:03 pm

The money finally came through so i can have something decent for dinner tonight came the reply how about you? did you practise the hacking game i gave you? it had become his habit to have steam up whenever he was on his computer. He was still coding his game but it was looking very good.

Rose was there wearing a striped tank top as it was hot out, she wore denim shorts that stopped just above her knee and sandals with them. her hair was pulled back into a loose pony tail and she had a shoulder bag over one shoulder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Alex smiled at the message, 'I have, yes.'

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Park / With: Rose
Joshua smiled at her, "Hey." He walked over to where she was standing. He looked odd in contrast to Rose. She was dressed for summer, where he looked more fallish. He watched her, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:48 pm

"Why are you dressed for autumn? aren't you boiling?" she asked with curiosity, why was he hiding his arms so? did he have some sort of scar there that he was ashamed of?she shoved it out of her mind for now smiling slightly, she loved the park especially the meerkats she was certain that one day one would be hers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:57 pm

Joshua shrugged a bit, smiling at her, "Nah, I'm fine." He looked at the front entrance, running his fingers through his hair, "So, ready to go in?" Truth be told, he did enjoy animals, especially large predators, but he hadn't really been to this park all that often. In fact, there were still several enclosures he'd never been to.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 2:05 pm

Rose nodded smiling slightly, "they got new tigers recently im looking forward to seeing them" she walked through the entrance way determindly paying for herself, the first thing she saw was the meerkat enclosure and with a happy look on her face she made her way over to there watching the little animals
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 2:35 pm

Joshua grabbed a map once they were inside, looking at it in confusion. He smiled gently as she wandered off towards the meerkats, just following her. Honestly, he had no clue of where to go. He stood next to her, watching the little Timons, amused. "You're going to have to lead me around here. I have no idea where to go." He glanced over at her, grinning happily.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 2:37 pm

Rose grinned up at him "I think Meerkats are my spirit animal, we're both short and full of spunk" she looked like she could stay and stare at the Meerkats all day however soon enough she glanced over at him "have you seen the otters? recently there was a baby one born"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 2:43 pm

Joshua chuckled slightly, smiling as she spoke about the meerkats. He shrugged and shook his head, "No, uh, I haven't. I think I've only been here once, and that was right after we moved here. My mother was trying to cheer my sister and I out of homesickness, heh."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 2:45 pm

She nodded "What do you think is your spirit animal?" she asked walking down the paved path to where the otters were swiming about in the water while other ones lazed about in the warm sun. She couldn't help but grin as she looked at them, roseadora loved animals

Haytham smiled slightly "Morning, beautiful day, do you have the day off? i was thinking we could go to the park again so i can do another sketch" he had decided that he liked sketching Thomas. Thomas had great physical beauty and he always felt thrilled when he could sketch that onto a picture
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 2:55 pm

Thomas smiled at him, "Haven't you learned yet? I'm free every day." Thomas held no job. He would often volunteer in various places out of boredom, though. He leaned against the kitchen counter, eating a red apple.

Joshua smiled as he followed her, "Probably some breed of dog or something..." As he thought about it, he realized the two of them really didn't know all that much about each other. Well, about each other's past. She knew he had an abusive father and had moved here but not when or from where. It would be a good idea to work on learning about each other. He watched the animals happily, alternating from her to them.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Feeling his gaze on her she raised an eyebrow "you have twenty questions to ask about me and my past, starting... now" she told him making a clicking noise with her tongue before she went back to watching the beautiful creatures. She smiled at themw atching the ones in the water weave through it.

Haytham laughed softly "do you want to come to the park with me then" he stammered "n-n-not as a d-date or anything b-but you know to hang out" he ended up staring at his feet his velvet toned voice had gone silent and he felt his ears burning hot with embarassment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:09 pm

Thomas raised his eyebrows at Haytham as he started to stammer. He had to bite the insides of his cheeks to keep from smiling. Haytham really was adorable at times. It made it pretty hard for Thomas to keep his own mind focused. He nodded a bit, "Yes, of course I'll go to the park with you. Why would I assume you meant as a date? It's just the park, right?"

Joshua gave a bit of a sigh, "All at once?" He smirked slightly, "All right, same deal for you, I guess." He thought for a moment, "Let's see..." He kept count on his fingers as he named a few off, "Where are you from? Have any siblings? What were your parents like? What's your favorite color? What do you do for fun?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:13 pm

"Im from Otterburn Scotland, I had a Twin and an Older brother, Older brother was called Richard and me twin brother was named Micheal. Micheal died when we moved over here, Richard had left home by then, my favourite color is the dark blue of the sky and for fun i watch supernatural, and part time help out at the local vet clinic" she rattled off

Haytham gave that rare ear to ear grin that lightened up his features, he packed up his thinning art supplies into their little box and held his sketch pad under his arm "lets go then" he looked rather enthused to be going out and doin gart. It really was the young mans passion

Tobe smiled slightly, his exsessive shy face lighting up behind the protective computer screen, pushing himself up off the bed he grabbed himself a drink and sat there sipping at the water feeling the cool liquid dance down his throat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Thomas couldn't help but return the man's smile. It really was a bit heart-stopping. He noted Haytham's dwindling supplies and frowned briefly, seeing what all sorts of things he had. He nodded, smiling, "To the park, then." He moved to the front door, heading out and waiting on Haytham.

Joshua nodded a bit as she spoke, listening silently. Geeze, he still had fifteen questions. He wasn't good at thinking up so many. "When did you move here? Why? And what happened to Micheal? Are you a dog person or a cat person?" Oh, god, he still had eleven more.

Alex typed out a message but didn't hit send. Instead, he sat there, chewing his thumb a moment. They'd been talking over a week now. Maybe it would be okay. He gave a sigh and moved his thumb from his teeth, hitting send, 'We should do something, sometime. Face to face.'
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:35 pm

Haytham walked through the door closing it behind him, his nervous tick was fiddling obsessivly with his pencils although they weren't really long enough to twirl around his fingers. He smiled slightly, a bit of graphite from the pencil on his face, he walked contentedly beside Thomas toward the end of their walk he took a different path and lead him to the bontanical gardens, motioning for him to find a place to sit Haytham waited.

"Moved here when i was aboot 10, micheal died when we were 15, we moved here because dad wanted a new start" her face deadened slightly staring at the otters "eleven more questions" she told him running her finger over the glass.

Tobe returned and choked on his water nearly spitting it out every where, he didn't reply to that until about ten minutes later when he had calmed himself down. He carefully typed you could come to my place one could almost hear his quiet whisper in the short message
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:56 pm

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Botanical Gardens / With: Haytham
Thomas followed after him. He couldn't keep himself from thinking that even the graphite on the other male's face was adorable. He kept himself focused, though. He made note of Haytham's thinning supplies and mentally made a list of what he required. He found a place to sit and did, looking up at Haytham with a small smile.

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Orana Park / With: Rose
Joshua made a face, thinking. "Err... Do you like... musicals? You know, like theatre and such?" He sighed, running his fingers through his hair, "Do you like British sci-fi shows?" He paused, "I am struggling here, I'm not good with this whole... asking questions thing..." He sighed a bit, chewing his lip.

Alex sighed, letting his head hit the desk after having waited a few minutes. He hoped that wasn't pushing too far but, it seemed like they'd worked up to that point, now. As he finally heard a return message, his head shot up, reading it. He smiled brightly at the words. 'I'd like that. Sure you're okay with it?'
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 4:28 pm

Bring your computer was all Tobe replied with, his palms were sweating just thinking about this, if he brang his computer then they could just sit in the same room on their computers? yes yes that should be fine? why wouldnt it be, they could stay out in the living room yes and then he wouldn't see Tobes room and begin judging him. yes yes this all could work out fine

Rose smiled a little "I like the musical Cats, i don't mind British Si-fi shows but i love Game of Thrones and Supernatural, those are my favourite tv shows" she moved on heading to the emu exhibit. She liked emus with their big dumb faces and such.

Haytham joined him his eyebrows furrowing as he began to concentrate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 4:35 pm

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Botanical Gardens / With: Haytham
Thomas smiled gently, stilling as he had the first time, though he wasn't as stiff looking.

Joshua nodded slightly. He'd never seen Game of Thrones or Cats. He gave a bit of a sigh, not really paying attention to where they were headed. His attention was mostly on her. "You really don't seem to like your family..." He looked up as they reached the emus, almost falling over someone as he stumbled backwards. Flustered, he apologized to the person. His attention snapped to the emu and he half glared at it.

Alex grabbed his laptop and his charger, smiling. He headed out of his room and down the stairs, out the door. He stood in front of Tobe's door a moment before knocking gently.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 4:41 pm

Rose glanced back at him "Thats not a question" she told him, before doubling over with laughter at the look he gave the Emu. Chortling she had to move away and sit down gasping for breath, "I take it you don't like birds" she said still gasping for air.

Tobe froze, oh god he didn't think i meant now did he? oh god oh god i haven't cleaned up the living room since my sleep walking last night. He'll think im mad! he already thinks im a creepy old shut in how bad could mad be! sending you off to that place again, Tobe recoiled from those thoughts shaking a faint sheen of sweat coming over him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 4:51 pm

Joshua frowned a bit as she started laughing, looking slightly offended by the extent of her laughter. He fiddled with the antique bird ring he'd begun wearing on a regular basis. He seemed a bit defensive, "Emus are of the bloody devil! They're evil!" He crossed his arms, looking down at the ground, speaking in a slightly muttered tone, "And, no, I'm not exactly found of birds. I had a bad experience as a kid, okay?" In truth, Josh had Ornithophobia.

Alex bit his lip, sighing a bit. Maybe he should have clarified the when. Normally, when people said something like that to him, they meant right then. But, Tobe wasn't like other people. He took a few steps away from the door, now uncertain of what to do. Should... should he go back to his room? He brought his thumb up to chew on it as he glanced around a bit nervously, hoping he could think of something to do. He'd already knocked... he couldn't leave, right? What if Tobe didn't want him showing up?
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Rose grinned cheekily "maybe i should get one as a pet, and make it attack your dad whenever it comes near" she motioned "come on the lemurs are just past the spider monkeys" if he didn't like birds they could just carry on although she would drag him through the kiwi house even if it meant her dragging him by the chin.

After ten minutes of talking to himself Tobe crept downstairs and opened the door "um hello" he whispered, back to opening the door just a fraction so that he could see out. His beautiful misty eyes peered out worry and anxiety gnawing in them, he didn't want to go back to that place that they had sent him when he had stopped eating and tried to kill himself. He would be a good boy and go through the motions of wanting to be alive
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When the Cicadas cry
Page 14 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: