The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When the Cicadas cry

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:54 am

First topic message reminder :

The year is 2011, the past year on the fourth of September there was a 7.1 earthquake that shocked the south Island of New Zealand. Thankfully no one was killed but some serious damage was done, it is February of 2011 now and unbeknownst to anyone the clock is ticking down on the quake that will change it all. Meet our characters, they end up being thrown together after the quake and find that they begin having flash backs of another life and another time when they are around each other. Will the small band of heroes survive the apocalyptic conditions or will they succumb to the death, everything will be revealed when the Cicadas cry

Last edited by Raven on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Orana Park / With: Rose
Joshua shuddered a bit at the thought of a pet bird. He mumbled under his breath, "Well, that's one way to get rid of me..." He wasn't a fan of monkeys and, oddly, monkeys weren't a fan of him. He'd learned that during his experience with some baboons at one zoo. Lemurs were good, though. Those were fluffy. He followed her, shuddering violently and visibly as he turned his back on the emus. He sighed a bit, "No questions for me?" He'd given up on trying to think of ones for her.

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / Home / With: --
Alex took another step back, still chewing on his thumb. "I.. you didn't mean now..." He looked around awkwardly, mentally beating himself up. He should have asked before showing up... Why would he do that? He should have known Tobe hadn't meant now. He frowned a bit, "Sorry, should've... should've asked..."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 5:12 pm

"Plenty, When did you move here? When is your birthday? Have you always hated birds? whats your favorite musical to watch? Do you like the old Disney movies? what do you want to do one day? what is your favorite animal? do you get strange urges to go out sailing? why is your father such a prat to you? do you have any siblings?" she rattled off easily

The deep scars that covered Tobes thighs stung slightly as he viewed Alex, the woman who came to visit him once a month had begun threatening him with the place if he didn't start getting out. He blinked gulping slightly, he didn't want to do this but he had no choice, surely Alex wouldn't be that horrid, he could do this yes? yes yes yes, he was in his home so he kenw where everything was. Just no letting him near his room. Tongue flicking out to moisten his lips he opened the door slightly "it... its... its um..." was all he managed to get out his throat felt dry, no no no! now Alex would think that he was some kind of bumbling idiot, he could do this ok, wait no he couldn't yes he could just open the damn door or she'll haul you back there. A flicker of fear filled his eyes before he opened the door all the way and stood to the side
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Joshua smiled, laughing a bit, "You are much better at question asking than I am..." He sighed, processing the questions, "We moved here when I was 18, about 5 years ago. My birthday is August 25th. And, uh, yeah, pretty much always hated them. I have a few favorite musicals: Wicked, RENT, Sweeney Todd. I want to be in two of those." He smiled at that. "Yes, I like the ones from about 2005 and before, the cartoon ones. I want to be an actor, like on Broadway. Won't ever happen but, it's nice to dream. I like African Wild Dogs and lions, as well as sharks. Strange urges to go sailing? Well, I grew up living at the ocean so, never strange for me to want to be out on it. I have a sister named Emily, she's twelve years younger than I am." He paused a moment before answering the question about his father, falling a bit more serious, smile fading a bit, "Because my father needs someone to be angry at and I was the easiest thing to focus on for the past 23 years..."

Alex blinked as Tobe moved out of the way. He entered silently, cautiously. He looked like an animal afraid to do something wrong. He sighed, standing just inside the door, looking at Tobe, his head tilted a bit, laptop clutched against his chest as he resisted the urge to chew on his thumb. "Uh, hey. Nice to... actually see you." He smiled a bit at that, watching the shy male.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Tobais nodded, his dark colored scruff standing out against his slightly tanned face, his lips were vivid with a soft color and his eyebrows were long and bush. Today he was wearing a shirt that had the assassins creed symbol on it, his pants where long dark jeans with a couple of patches on the knees. At Alex's words the shy yet handsome man gestured silently toward the living room, rapidly trying to find something to say, his mouth opened and closed a couple of times before he moistened his every dry and cracked lips again "um, uh eh......hi" was all he could get out.

Rose nodded listening to all of this "your father needs a boot up his behind, he sounds like he has a neep shoved up his butt"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Joshua smiled at her, "I have no idea what a 'neep' is..." He paused a moment in his walking, eyes closing as he had a flash of memory. He'd said this same thing to a soldier during what appeared to be World War II. Looking closer, that soldier was Rose. He touched his head gently, "Turnip. Got it." He opened his eyes, dropping his hand. The cuts on the hand from his father were scarring over lightly. The gash on his forehead, luckily, was barely scarring, only a little making a small scarred gap in his eyebrow. He moved back to her side.

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / Tobe's Home / With: Tobe
Alex smiled at him, resuming his usual stance, swaying gently as he stood, showing a bit of his ADHD. He nodded as Tobe motioned to the living room. "We can... do this like we did on the computer. Little steps." He smiled brightly at Tobe. In truth, Alex was just adorable, and he knew he was. He wasn't trying his normal flirting, though. He didn't want to scare Tobe. He didn't know how the shy male would react to being flirted with by another male.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Tobe nodded looking quite flighty, he glanced up at the clock and froze "um.... ah..... do... youknowthedatetoday" he gabbled quite quickly turning his eyes on Alex. They were a brilliant shade of gray, not unlike mist that decorated the city sometimes, his hands came forward to be rubbed against each other like he was washing his hands in mid air. If it was the day he thought it was then thankfully his time with Alex face to face would be short but the woman would be coming and he would have to shedule in some time to slice the anxiety out of his veins. It would only help temporarily but it would get him through the terrifying encounter.

Rose glanced over at him "how did ya know that? not many people know the cant of my homeland" she walked beside him comfortably. Raging at herself internally for being so easily swayed by the males persausiveness she slipped her hand hesitatingly into his
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:15 pm

Joshua smiled a bit as her as he felt her hand go to his. He gave a sigh, "Well, it seems that wasn't, uh, my first time asking you want a 'neep' was." He sighed a little, "So, apparently, we were in World War II..." He shrugged a little. "So, any more questions?"

Alex blinked at him, head tilting, "I don't... sorry." He checked hi pockets, quickly. Well, seems he'd left his phone in his room. He resumed chewing his thumb, "I promise, I'm not any harder to talk to in person." He lowered the thumb a bit as he caught himself. He smiled at Tobe.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:40 pm

"ihavesomeonecomingatthreepmsouhillneedyoug-gonebytwo" he gabbled out his eyes still watching Alex warily, his hands continued rubbing themselves like they were being washed. The scrape of his skin moving together slightly calming and familiar. He looked down half turning his head away, looking like he was about to bolt. He folded his arms then unfolded them before he gestured for alex to sit on the couch, he turned fleeing up the steps his long legs pushing him up. He soon returned with his laptop and sat on the other couch, his feet safley in warm socks, he had bad circulation so he always had to keep his feet warm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Alex nodded slightly, barely catching what Tobe was saying due to the speed he was saying it at, "Easy, there..." He sat on the couch, blinking. He sighed a bit as Tobe sat elsewhere, not really sure of what to do. The man was like a trapped rabbit. The only thing that he could think about was wanting to calm him and make things better. He frowned a bit, watching him.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Tobe nodded and looked down at his battered laptop, on the black surface there were some scratches but some stickers from games. A bioshock infinite sticker of booker, several skyrim stickers of dragons and a tiger paw one. Tobe flicked his misty gaze up at Alex his hands were shaking slightly, he opened it up the inside slightly worse, scratches over the keyboard and a few pixels dead in the left corner. He whispered "Sorry about the uh um mess"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Alex smiled at him, "Hey, no problems. It's fine. You didn't think I'd be here today... That one is my fault." He chewed his lip a bit, "You know that you don't have to worry, right? I'm your friend." He shrugged, looking down at his own laptop as he opened it.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:13 pm

Tobe blinked looking suprised a faint sheen of sweat covering his forehead and making his brown hair dark, he stared at him with gray eyes before he whispered haltingly "i....i... ve never had a friend... a real one that is" his mind was worked up about the woman who was coming, Sandy, at least that was what he called her in his head as that was the name of the first one. The first one had been nice, but then she... she had sent him there and his trust had been broken. His eyes came back from the memories looking slightly haunted "i....think. i ah um mean that i consider you a f-f-friend"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:18 pm

Alex nodded a bit, smiling at him, "Well, you have one, now. A damn stubborn one, at that." His smile brightened as Tobe said the he considered him a friend. "So, why did you want me to bring my laptop?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:22 pm

Boy this man sure did talk an awful lot, his eyes had an odd habit of flicking up to meet his then away his way of showing that yes he was paying attention. He was fidgeting constantly, uncertain of this whole thing, he had a bruise on the side of his neck from something he must have done whilst sleepwalking. He looked at the clock on his computer, 1pm, ok just an hour and then he could have an hour to himself before sandy came. his hands on his computer clenched a little, he didn't want to meet her, she would notice that he had been worse and threaten to take him back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:28 pm

Alex fell silent, now. He could tell Tobe didn't really want to talk so, he stayed quiet, fiddling with things on his laptop. The silence was short lived, though. "Why did you say to bring the laptop?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:34 pm

"we, we could um play TF2" came the soft whisper, so for the next hour and a half -tobe lost track of the time- they played the game. Tobe listened to Alex's constant talking, his gray serious eyes taking it all in as he played. Looking at the time he cringed slightly "its... its um... its..." oh no oh no oh no, he only had half an hour he wouldn't be able to do the deep cuts needed for when she came. He would also have to clean everything up as well so she would think that he was coping, so many things to do the tasks seemed like one big mountain hanging over him as he finally got out "my uh... visitor is um ah coming in half an hour so if you could?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Alex played happily. He blinked as Tobe spoke again. "Oh, yes, of course." He smiled brightly as he shut his laptop and stood. "I'll talk to you on Steam later, okay? Hopefully this has been okay." He moved towards the front door on his own.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:44 pm

Tobe watched him go then for the next half an hour everything was a flurry of activity, taking ten minutes to do some deep cuts along his thigh then bandage them up tightly so that the blood wouldn't stain his dark pants he combed his hair and cleaned up the mess in the living room. He was about to go and take down the dark cloth that covered his bedroom window when the door bell rang, his hands shaking violently he licked his lips to moisten them feeling one of them crack a little and moved over to the door. Opening the door there was the nurse, a dark haired large woman with an overly loud voice "uh he-" his slow greeting was cut off with "oh so you're still not good at socilizing, just get it out there boy!" she pushed herself in and looked around through thick rimmed glasses "tsk, dusty" she told him "the dust is bad for your lungs!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:47 pm

Alex blinked, being able to hear the voices from his side of the wall. He frowned deeply. Moving closer to the wall, he listened in. He knew he probably shouldn't but, he would, anyway. The woman was speaking to Tobe very harshly and he disliked hearing that.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Tobe stared at the floor not looking up at her, the woman tsked placing a hand over her chest "My my, you really should go to that socially speaking place they will help you with your little whatever it is that you have against people" Tobe cringed away and watched as she walked into the Kitchen tutting at the mess and went through his pills "You've missed several days worth here" she looked at him over her glasses "you know what will happen if you go off your pills you'll go back" Tobais shook wringing his hands, Melanie shook her head "Honestly Tobais Flint, you would think that growing up in the childrens home would have made you more social, now lets see your room" Tobe trailed along behind her and moved into the shadows as she narrowed her eyes "Mr Flint, you need to have more sunshine in your room! honestly, you've become a recluse with a serious mental condition, have you seen anything recently? Visions hearing things?" he shook his head, even if he had he would have lied because he knew that nodding would send him right back there "hows your sleep walking Tobais?" she asked, he hated his name and he hated how it sounded in her mouth like he was just some kid that hadn't killed himself yet "'bout the same" The woman nodded
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Alex frowned deeply as she continued. He bit at his lip and left he and Rose's flat, his own door slamming. He knocked rather hard on Tobe's door, his foot tapping, arms crossed. This woman was ridiculous! He waited at the door, deciding that, if no one opened it, he'd open it himself. He knew Tobe wouldn't talk back to the person but he sure as hell would.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:06 pm

The woman narrowed her eyes before saying sweetly "why don't you go get that Tobias dear?" her hazel eyes were anything but sweet. They were critical and hard, Tobe meekly made his way downstairs and opened the door a crack, his eyes widening as he saw Alex he whispered softly "what are you doing?" The woman followed and opened the door properly making Tobe cringe behind it "oh so are you one of Tobias's neighbours? He must know you otheriwse he wouldn't have opened the door"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Alex bit his lip as Tobe answered the door. He as about to answer when the woman opened the door fully. "Yes, I'm from next door. I'm Alex." His eyes went from Tobe to the woman. He tried to keep the edge of irritation from his voice as he spoke to her, wanting nothing more than to throw this woman from Tobe's house for being so harsh with him.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:14 pm

"Melanie Jackson, Mental Health Nurse, incharge of Tobias's Flints Rehabilitation" she stated stiffly before looking over at Tobias "Now, Tobias has an appointment currently, im sure you can come back later" she smiled slightly her blakc hair done up tightly in a bun. she wore prim neat clothes and had a tag around her neck proving who she was. Tobe looked like a deer who was about to be run over by a car, trembling slightly and sweatier than he had been before, his hands twitched.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:21 pm

Alex frowned at her, "Yes, I can tell, I can hear every word." He was trying hard to keep his anger in check but, as Tobe had seen when first meeting him, he had a temper a little like Rose's. "He gets along fine with me. I don't think this 'social problem' is so hard to help. Maybe if people were just a bit nicer to him, Nurse Ratched." He was scowling at her, eyes locked onto her's. "Why the hell would you treat someone so harshly when you know they don't like people!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When the Cicadas cry
Page 15 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: