The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

As the Roo Bounces

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luna is discovering her passion for horses and riding, and is in need of a teacher willing to give her the basic idea. Julian, as always, is busy with his stud farm and training horses, but might have time to squeeze a student in.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 11:17 pm

Luna accepted the clippers and moved to the mares tail where she carefully began to clip the deadlocks from it, while taking as little as she could from it. It was a tough job with how mattered it was and the progress was slow.

John looked up at Julians question and glanced at the hobbles. "Shes a fighter. I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't come off her since they went on truthfully." he replied as he worked. "Shes in a bad way but hopefully there is nothing outside the visible wrong with her. Ill run some tests on her blood to be sure though." Finishing with the injections he pulled a heavy duty de-wormer out and started to get it into her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 11:23 pm

Julian shook her head. "Too tight to come off," he said simply, pointing at the deep, raw wounds on the pasterns. "I'd bet they haven't come off at all since they were first put on. look at all the scarring and bloodstains there." Putting the knife down, he tugged the collar carefully off the mare, putting it on the grass behind him before tackling the rest of the leather. "She wouldn't have been able to pull them off, they'd strapped her mouth shut with a flash noseband. She could barely eat as it was."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 11:36 pm

John nodded as he finished with the wormer and he pulled out needle and tubes to gather a blood sample. "They have to come off. I might have something for it but im not sure how we will treat the wounds with her so flighty." he said filling the vials. Once they were full he placed them in a padded container with the date and details on Rose, before pulling some cutters from his bag. "Good thing she is out this will hurt." the vet told the air before starting to work on getting the hobbles from the mares legs.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 11:40 pm

"I'll work on her." Julian had the idea that she'd trust him a bit more with what he was planning, plus they could communicate a bit more than normal. Finally finishing with the last of the leather straps, he put them all in a pile and moved quickly into the nearby shed. Coming out with a sponge and bucket of warm water, he gently cleaned the dried sweat and dirt off the mare, glancing at Luna. "How's her tail going, sheila?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 11:46 pm

Luna looked up at the question and shrugged. "Im trying to leave as much as I can but its not much im afraid." she told him, "Im nearly finished here though. That's what ive cut so far." There was a matted pile of hair beside her that she had already removed. With a few more careful strokes she pulled the last dreadlock free with triumph. "Done, not much left but it will work." she said lift the tail up, "Hopefully most of it will grown back in."

John pulled the first hobble free and grimaced at the sight. He pulled out a disinfection wash and handed to Julian to use on her body while he freed the other leg. "This looks worse without them on. Theres an infection also mate." he told the other man grimly as he tossed the hobbles aside.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 11:51 pm

"Should do," he answered absently, concentrating on the mare. It wasn't good for them to stay knocked out for long. "Not surprised there's an infection. Those wounds have been open for months." He was no stranger to hobble wounds, even though these were the worst he'd seen. Finishing up with the sponge, he moved all the leather outside the fence, guessing that she'd be waking up soon. "If you're finished with her tail, scoot on outside the fence, preferably out of sight of the mare. She won't be happy when she wakes." He'd stay in the paddock and make sure that she was okay. The vet would have to go also, she'd be furious with him.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 11:58 pm

Luna grabbed the pile of matted hair and took it with her as she followed Julians advice. "Sure thing Im out of here." she said hurrying out of the paddock. The blonde dropped the pile out of sight beside the shed while she went inside to find where the clippers went.

John gave the mare antibiotic shots directly into her legs to increase the chances of fight the infection off. He also doused the wounds with antibacterial wash before shooting the mare up with pain killers and anaesthetic reversal. "I hope she wakes up quietly for you Julian." he said grabbing his stuff and leaving the paddock to get out of the mares way if she was mad.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 12:04 am

Slowly coming around to what had happened, the first thing she did was get up quickly and shake herself out, noticing that the harness was gone, her feet were trimmed, her teeth no longer cut into her mouth and the hobbles were gone. Lashing out viciously with one freed leg she noticed the man who'd started this whole thing, instead of attacking him she just pinned her ears and stood there watching him through intelligent brown eyes. Lashing what was left of her tail in an attempt to rid herself of the insufferable flies
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 12:08 am

While waiting for her to wake up, he'd retrieved another bucket of feed, and simply waited quietly by the fence, watching her. "You're okay," he said softly, not moving towards her. "Feeling better now? I'll bet you are. Everything's off you now." He moved to where he'd put the feed before, tipping the bucket out, and backed away from the food to the fence, wanting to make sure that she was okay before leaving. Finding himself near the water trough, he turned the tap on, filling it while he waited for her response.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:00 am

Eyes quickly focused on the feed bucket, remaining steadfastedly silent as he dumped the feed and backed off the mare moved forward and hungrily began eating again. He'd earned some respect to not be attacked whenever he entered her paddock but she kept a close eye on him knowing she'd be able to out run him now she had the hobbles off. hmph, better than i was where the hobbles had been it still hurt and her mouth was still sore from the bits but the pain was less. It was likely due to the bute that she'd been given, finishing off the feed in record time she licked her lips clean of any left over crumbs and eyed Kangaroo Jack carefully
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 5:09 pm

Watching her, he leaned against the fence, waiting for the trough to fill before he left. Eventually turning the tap off, he tilted his head as he studied her, and picked up the bucket. "Pain'll go away as they heal, ginger. Once you're back to a normal weight, we'll see about getting you onto the lunge line, hm?" He wandered off, whistling cheerfully as he put the bucket away and retrieved Ghost from where he'd been tied up.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 6:03 pm

Luna walked out of the shed having found the clippers home in there and smiled at the sight of the mare eating. She made her way over to Julian as he walked towards the grey stallion and she fell into step. "What do you want me to do with the hair I clipped from her tail?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 6:22 pm

He swapped hands, tugging the stallion away from the girl as he went to nibble. "Just chuck it, it's not needed. The hair will grow back eventually, and I'll work on keeping it dreadlock free this time. Same with her mane." Not needing Ghost for a couple of hours, he haltered the stallion over his bridle and tethered him to the hitching post. Running his hand through his hair, he frowned slightly, working out what else he had to do that day.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:08 pm

Luna nodded her head at his words as he haltered the stallion before hitching him. "Alright then. You don't need help with anything else?" she asked with a tilt of her head.

John came over for a quick word to Julian before he left. "If you can get this on her legs twice a day even if you spray it on. Put this in with her feed and this one in her water. Ill come back in a fornight to see how she is going." he said handing over some bottle to try and get the mare back up to top health.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:13 pm

"All good sweetheart. I'm used to working things on my own." Taking the items from John with a nod, Julian stored them in the shed. "I'll see what I can do John, no worries. Just put the cost on my tab, and I'll pay it off when I sell these calves.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:18 pm

John nodded his head. "Sure thing Julian. You take care." he said before turning with a wave and driving out of the property. Luna smiled and picked up the pile of hair. "Alright Ill dumb this and I will see you next week. Bye Julian." she said before doing just that.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Thankful that everyone was gone now, Julian got back to work with the grey stallion, putting him through his paces with cutting, campdrafting and general cow work before finally letting the sweaty stallion back loose in the paddock with Ned. Checking the time, he looked in on the ginger mare, checking that she was still going well and the sedative hadn't affected her badly. Tossing her a few biscuits of hay as well, he waited to watch the mare, wanting to see if she was limping at all.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:33 pm

She was grazing although seeing him she lifted her head and flicked her ears, swishing what was left of her tail irritably although at the hay she turned and wandered towards it pickign it up in her mouth and shaking it sending hay everywhere before beginning to eat. Not lame, just a bit sore, the mare was pleased that all the tack was off of her, her clipped body was covered in white hairs from years of ill fitting tack. Since he wasn't in the paddock she allowed herself to eat, although still keeping a fierce eye on him, what are you looking at Kangaroo Jack? she demanded in her thick accented voice, a back leg lashing out annoyed at the flies that kept settling on her open wounds
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:37 pm

He crossed his arms and leaned on the fence. "Just making sure you're not lame," he said simply. "Your tail will grow back, so will your coat. I won't be clipping you unless you need it in summer. Depends how thick your coat gets. Once you're back up to weight, we'll see what sort of work you like doing and go from there." He studied her open wounds, wondering if she'd let him put something on them to cover them. "Gonna let me close enough to covers those wounds, ginger?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:41 pm

No she didn't want him near her, she'd just suffer, she'd suffered enough dealing with hell for a while longer woudl suffice No pulling she told him firmly if you're fair i can do anything else, having a purpose, a job is important the best thing about being a horse was she could talk with her mouth full. Eating the hay contentedly enough, Rose added The name is rose not rosie, she would not tolerate that name from anyone par one. Her thoughts turned to her herd mates making her abandon her hay and look around for them in the blind hope that they might be there, wanting to call out for them she didn't bother knowing she'd likely never see them again
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 8:02 pm

He nodded, and wandered away, already planning the next week ahead. The girl would be starting to learn how to trot, and that was going to be amusing. Lucky for him, Ned was so easy going he didn't seem to mind the bouncing of new students on him. Distracted, he glanced over at the gelding, mentally recalculating how old he was. It was almost time for the old bay to be retired, maybe a few more years to go. Happy with his plan of the next lesson, he got back to work.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 8:10 pm

The rest of the week flew by and soon it was once again Monday morning. Luna parked her car and climbed out. Seeing the mare she wondered closer to the fence to get a better look at her before she had to go catch Ned for her lesson.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:02 pm

She'd been wandering through her paddock bored out of her brains, the week had been interesting enough she supposed but sitting in a paddock eating all day did get repeditave. Perhaps she'd complain at Kangaroo Jack and make him come up with things for her to do, lashing out with a hind foot when a fly landed on the sensitive skin of her pasterns her ears came forward seeing the blonde. Well, well, well if it isn't miss blonde booty bitch come to see the 'poor darling' disliking the female because she was a female, had blue eyes and had been there when the vet had essentially attacked her the mare put on an act. Wandering forward with suddenly interested soft brown eyes she slowly edged towards the fence slow enough that the girl woudl think she'd made progress, once in range her manner changed, ears went back and she lunged through the slates in the fence only millimeters away from having the girls arm in her mouth and it was certain that the red mare would not let go
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:10 pm

Luna was wary of the mare when she came forward and so moved back as she didn't think the mare would be happy with her after helping the vet knock her out. It was a good thing that she did as the chestnut mare attempted to bite her arm through the railing. "Not very nice when all I was doing was seeing how you were doing." she said before heading towards the shed to grab a halter.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm

Spotting the car pulling up, Julian watched from too much of a distance to try and stop her as the mare went to attack. Shaking his head over the mare, he didn't bother to tell her off, knowing that she'd react that way regardless of what he said. Heading for the shed, he leaned on the doorway with his hands in his pockets. "Don't go near the mare, sweetheart. She'd out to kill you. You're lucky the fence was there, or you'd be dead right now. Next time a mare is going for you? Don't worry about putting on a brave face. Just hightail it out of there." Giving her a reassuring smile, he indicated outside. "Go get Ned, he won't try to hurt you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As the Roo Bounces   As the Roo Bounces - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As the Roo Bounces
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: