The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lost at sea, time and space

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 10:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Killian and Skye got their hands on an ancient magical doohickey that suddenly carked into life and sent him down the worm hole of time and space and after at some point during this slip saw a TARDIS and a couple of OOD ended up finding himself in a comfortable enough apartment heavily influenced by a love f the sea. Claire has been working at the FBI for a number of years now after escaping Ices rule, coming home late one night she finds the pirate that she knows exceedingly well despite never having met him before. Finally poor innocent flower crown lamb hearted baby nathan got himself sent back in time because of the ancient magical doohickey and landed face first on skyes ship with his only belongings being what he had in his pack at the time and the clothes on his back. With the doohickey broken and in killians possession for now Ices shadows have picked up on what happened and are now searching for him and the magical doohickey.
Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 B997213d5bc01eab9d9521198e166690
^ said ancient magical doohickey
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 5:06 pm

Not minding the silence, she passed him a clean rag for his nosebleed as well. The moonlight was showing her things that she hadn’t seen before in the cargo hold, but again she just stayed quiet. He was hurt somehow, and it was easy to guess that probing questions would either make him dangerous, or make him shut down. She didn’t particularly want either of those to happen. Once he was done, she decided to leave him in peace and wandered back to the wheel to keep guiding the ship forwards. A soft song soon came to her, and she began to sing the gentle tune, one that wasn’t quite piratey at all.

He slipped an arm around her to hug her close, opening the book to the first page. Like the other books, this one was also slightly shadow affected, making the images move as the words were read. Not minding reading to her, he did so, taking his time with the story to try and lengthen the amount of time he’d be staying with her. “Be careful with her.” He knew he was just echoing many warnings from before, but he couldn’t help it. He wanted her to stay safe as much as he could, and with this being the last visit, he wasn’t going to be able to help much more after this. “Read the next one?” He nudged the book to her, knowing that she liked to listen to him read, but it was nice listening to her read as well. She’d grown so much each time he visited, and hopefully River would be able to get them both safely to the stockman’s place when it was required.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 5:20 pm

Considering it he took the clean rag, stuffing it into the leather bag as well where it'd be safe from any pinching fingers, avoiding the stars for now he instead looked back out over the ocean. He couldn't quite remember where he'd gotten the clothes he now wore from, once upon a time he'd worn old patched clothes and had been the father to a little girl who'd liked to hold tea parties to which he had always had an invite. Twitching when the hatter girl started to hum he flicked a glance towards her out of the corner of his eye, after a couple of moments of listening he resumed staring out over the ocean trying for what felt like the hundreth millionth time to piece what was real together, with so many false memories created by the instinct part of his brain to make sense of the new worlds he'd found himself in it was getting harder and harder to tell what memories were true and what ones were false. Every time he tried the nose bleed got harder, in the end he gave up trying and just let the memories wash over him like the tide moving in and out carrying things with it.

Nodding when he gave the same old warning, she didn't protest just settling in close and half falling asleep, comforted by his warmth and soothing voice. Stirring when he asked her to read the next one, claire yawned and opened the book taking a quick moment to rub her eyes before she started reading. River mean while paid close attention, her gaze locked onto the jackal curiously absorbing all the information Alkira was giving her. Once she'd memorized it all the old soul looked over at her mistress, well aware of what the girl felt for the shadow man, now was more painful knowing he wouldn't come back again, and that she'd have to comfort her mistress whom she cared for more than the sea. Claire read the story a little mumbled at first before she woke up properly and got into it, sometimes pausing to ask him a question or two.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 5:30 pm

She took little notice of him now, pondering over what she was observing, and making plans of where they needed to go next. It would have been nice to have Killian around to have his input on the newcomer, but she knew that he had issues of his own he needed to sort out and that they were why he wasn’t as often on the ship. At least he knew that he was always welcome back, and she knew that his shadows would always be able to find the small quick ship. Debating the idea of asking for the man’s name, she sent a glance over towards him, now singing the song softly under her breath, and decided against it for the moment. She had no idea if he was hiding from anyone, and asking his name could potentially put them all in danger.

Listening quietly to the story, Killian caught sight of the dragon’s glance and looked over at her, well aware that things would be painful for a while. But the three of them knew so well that Claire would see them again, he now just had to make sure he survived until the day he left her again to make sure that he could go back to her. Hearing the questions, Killian answered them happily for her. He wanted to stay here for such a long time, to keep the girl company and not let Ice hurt her, and it was so painful to know that he couldn’t return after this visit. He’d make sure to keep visiting the mare however, knowing that she was equally as close to giving up. She needed to survive until Julian found her as well, and then he knew that she would be in safe hands.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 6:42 pm

He didnt do anything else for the rest of the night except sit there and mutter to himself almost incoherently, as the dawn rays of the sun began to peep over the horizon and silence the stars, Logan stared up at the distant white specks for a few more moments. It was a little ironic that he was stuck out at sea really, standing he turned and vanished down below deck moving to another part of the storage hold, taking the long heavy coat out of his leather bag and shrugging into it the strange fractured man hid in the shadows not wanting to have to deal with whatever denizens that worked here. Fumbling he pulled out one of the modern items, a strange item that was round and shiny, using it to catch light and reflect it around he remembered quietly how much his little girl had liked sparkly things as well as stuffed animals that he'd sew for her. The scrap of material was from one such stuffed animal, parts of its body having been made out of graces baby clothes so that they had a use and were remembered. It was all he had of her, the world he'd come from hadn't had things like photographs and even if they did he wouldn't have been able to afford any kind of a camera. Missing her brought all the broken pieces of his mind together as closely as they could, in all of the lies his brain had created it'd never forgotten or tried to make a false her.

Reading along cheerfully and happily listening to the questions to her answers, Claire was a little aware that something wasn't quite the same this time, scare dthat if she asked what the problem was that whtaever it was would spell something awful the girl decided not to ask and instead pretended she didn't ntoice. Finishing the story and gently brushing her hands over the covers, Looking over the front picture on th efront feeling apprehensive of whatever was going on, what was going to change? Was it goign to be a good change? No it couldn't be or they would have told her point blank, swallowing hard the youngster let out her breath slowly like her mother had taught her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 6:53 pm

She hadn’t really done much with the stranger, merely offering him enough to eat and for the most part leaving him in peace. It was easier to do that, and meant she could get about her business of keeping the ship running nicely. They were close to their next port, and she was hoping to at least get some sort of word from Killian, but she wasn’t exactly counting on it. Once again behind the wheel at night where she liked to be, she sang an old song from her father to herself, letting her thoughts drift and not exactly focusing on any one thought in particular.

He hugged her close, tugging on her braid cheekily. “Come a long way in your reading, seasprite.” Unable to help himself, he tickled her, wanting to make her laugh like he had before when he’d been visiting. It was always fun gently teasing her and giving her something to be cheeky over. “I’m not sure when I’ll be back next, there’s some things I have to see to that might take a while, okay?” It wasn’t entirely a lie, and it was as close as he was willing to get to telling her what was going on, and what was going to happen. He knew that he’d be back for her, just not while she was in this room and trapped like an animal in a cage. “Take care of the books for me, won’t you? There’s still one more left that will finish it all off.” Thankfully his jackal had relaxed and was back to her usual position of dozing on the floor waiting for them to finish before they left.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 7:09 pm

he'd lost count of how many nights it'd been, he didnt really count time anymore, doing so only gave him headaches for how could he count how many years and days it had been since he'd seen her last? so he'd long stopped trying, the night was warm so his coat was packed away, looking up towards the distant stars the memories began to clash with one another causing Logan to look down clenching his hands. The tune from the song interrupted his thoughts, it was oddly familiar even if the words werent, listening carefully he mulled over his confused memories trying to seek out the owner of the tune, before it finally clicked. Somewhat frustrated that it'd taken him so long to place it he didnt look back at her merely stating loud enough for her to hear "I've never heard the words to that song before" she'd brought him food without question, and without bringing up any stupid notion of debt, which solidified her as a trustworthy hatter. Each world was slightly different from the next, each world had its abnormalities and he'd seen too many of those to trust anyone even an hatter just on what they appeared to be without watching them for a while.

Scowling when he tugged her braid Claire snapped "Owe you don't see me going around tugging your hair" jeez he was so annoying sometimes, her scowl vanished when he tickled her, giggling almost adorably she squirmed trying to get away from his fingers. Breathing a sigh of relief when he stopped, a worried expression crept onto her face when he mentioned he wasn't coming back for a while as there were things that needed tending to. Slowly nodding when he asked her to take care of the books "I promise" now that he'd ceased trying to tickle her, Claire leant against him again, her dragon had curled up on the bean bag having made its own decisions of what it was going to tell claire when it was just the pair of them again.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 7:29 pm

The voice made her pause, and she looked over at where he was, considering the words. “My father taught me them,” she responded simply, curious as to what had prompted him to talk now. She had refused to push him or force him into doing anything, that wasn’t in her nature, and she frankly didn’t see the point. There were other things troubling him without her making a nuisance of herself. Unsure if it would trigger anything, she hesitated before asking her question. “Where did you hear it?” It wasn’t a common song, as far as she knew it was a hatter only song, so she was curious about how he knew it.

Grinning at her reaction when he tickled her, he wrapped his arm around her to hug her tightly as she leaned into him. “That’s because it’s too short,” he informed her, tugging gently on the braid in question again. “I’ll come back as quick as I can,” he promised. “Don’t be worried, kid.” Pleased that she’d take care of the books, he spent as long as he could with her before very reluctantly knowing that he had to go. Stacking the books neatly, he ruffled her hair gently. “Be good alright?” Doing his best to make it just like any other goodbye, he gave her a quick grin. “Keep practicing with your shadows, I want to see what you can do next time I visit.” He gave her a quick hug and then poofed out of the room, heading for where Rose was being kept to check up on her and make sure that she was alright too.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 7:51 pm

Listening to her response a cunning smirk made its way onto his face "You're not the first one I've met you know, you're not that special" it didn't occur to him that his words might be considered rude or mean, "You hatters are easy enough to identify once you know what to look for" he could sense how time moved differently around them and had figured that was because of the fire that showed them the future. He sat perched on the barrels he always sat on, the bag next to him and closed while he turned an object in his hands, a simple cigarette lighter that he'd become quite fond of. Where he'd picked it up was a vague distant memory, it'd been one of the first things he'd collected when he'd been taken through the first portal, unaware that it'd been essentially a few hundred years he'd spent going from world to the next the length of time doing so explained even more why he was the way he was.

Snuggling into him when she felt his arms around her, she huffed when her braid was tugged again, nodding quietly when he promised he'd come back as quick as he could "I'll try" releasing him when he moved to stack the books she returned the grin with one of her smiles "I'm always good Ice is just mean" the quick hug was tight, Claire always hated the last hug, where she knew she was going to be left behind again. Once he was gone she sat down and sighed, looking over at the books and noticing that he'd left the jacket behind she picked it up and turned it over, it was old and worn like it'd seen more than just a few hundred years, slipping it on and finding his scent enveloping her like another hug she was able to settle properly. Mean while the red mare was waiting at the fence for him reaching over the fence to nip him cheekily in greeting.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 7:57 pm

She just shrugged a little. “There have always been hatters, I was just curious to which one you’d met.” She wasn’t entirely sure what he was fiddling with, but she didn’t ask that, wanting to stay more with the safer questions. It was easier, and meant that she wouldn’t expect him to stick around any time soon. Strangers rarely did stick around on her ship, and she now didn’t really care. It wasn’t up to her, she had her crew and that was all she needed at the moment. “Do you have a name?”

Ducking through the fence, Killian rubbed the mare’s nose, pushing her away slightly. “Don’t nip me,” he scolded, as usual loosening all the harnessing on her. “How are you going, any better or still forgotten about?” Again like always, his shadows were sneaking her some good quality food so that she could keep as much weight on her as possible. “You seem more spirited today.” Thankfully her paddock was a fair distance from Claire’s room, so he’d be able to keep visiting Rose and not be in danger of bumping into the young girl now that he wasn’t able to go back to her.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 8:43 pm

The man returned the shrug calmly enough in response to her words, although the question left him silent for a while as he dug through his mind carefully "I go by Logan, i think" pale blue eyes looked up at the stars searching and his expression growing somber when he couldn't find the one he was looking for. Stars in their multitudes, where others saw stars he saw the light of millions of light houses, each ones door opening the way for another world, that was similar but different. If he was at the right place at the right time portals opened, sometimes just small windows that he called tears opened and he could pull small things through. On the ship it was only small things like sails of a different colour or different drink, it was why the man who'd had him had been so interested, memories of what had been done to him made Logan tense and reach up to touch the part of his spine between his shoulder blades. He hadn't regained his full strength from that yet, and doubted he'd be recovering anytime soon, "The hatter I heard it from was from a different time to you" a different world too but that wasn't anywhere he was going to go.

Snorting, the mare held still for him as he loosened the harnessing Being brought into work again, if they can catch me perking up at the food she nearly inhaled it happily eating today's a good day thats why she hadn't had to work so to her it was naturally a good day, lifting her head and chewing a large mouthful of food she considered him Are you alright scruffy? he seemed himself sure but there was something a little off but it could be her imagination she'd been on her own awhile now anyway
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 9:06 pm

She nodded in response to his name. “I am Skye.” She was still trying to pin down exactly what he was, but it wasn’t particularly at the top of her priority list. As long as he posed no danger to her or her ship and crew, she didn’t particularly care. Very relaxed about him being around, she didn’t respond to his comment about another hatter, just taking it in and not asking any questions about it. She knew that she wasn’t ever going to knew everything, so it was just easier to accept that early on and move on.

Perching on the fence once he was done, he offered her bits of apple and carrot that he had brought with him as well. “Good to hear.” Stroking her neck whenever she came in reach, he lifted one shoulder. “Can’t visit the kid any more, I might be scarce from visiting you as well, but I’ll try and keep coming back.” It would be difficult to keep out of Ice’s clutches, but he was going to try it, and keep himself busy with whatever he could while he waited for Claire to grow up.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 9:47 pm

One of those lighthouses was his way home, but there was no way to tell what one was the right one, there were so many millions of choices and only some of them were open to him. How cruel that he could see them all yet the one he yearned to see the most was far out of his reach, his skin was no longer hot to the touch he'd recovered from the time jump although he still suffered from the device that had sucked him dry. Standing he walked along the ship brushing his fingers along the railing, walking up the steps he paused behind Skye "Your kind are also tuned into time, would you search for someone in your flames for me Skye?" his tone was somewhat silky, hiding how desperate he was to get some news of grace, any news of her was something the father needed to hear.

They'd been taken not long after Killian had left and it'd been three months until she'd found them in the kill pen last week, after managing to get the horses all home and remove the tack she'd not done much apart from feed them. Rose was fiercely possessive of Jules, keeping herself between him and claire, the mare renee was flighty and kept the furtherest away while the black pony was trying to keep her from them all together although not that successfully as he was just as lame if not more so when he was first brougth home. She'd only had them a week and felt somewhat run-down and hopeless, she wanted her dad back already, she had to talk to him, entering the paddock by unlocking the padlock and removing the chain so she could enter more than wise to the way of the intelligent horses in the stallion paddock she'd gone out of her way to make it secure. Thankfully ghost was elsewhere on the farm keeping some mares busy, walking over to the trough and dumping the feed into it she backed off to the gate to watch them ignoring the lump in her throat.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 10:07 pm

Flicking a glance towards him as he came over and then spoke, the silky tone to his voice made her pause. It wasn’t a tone that she was particularly fond of, but he’d had ample time to hurt her if he wanted to, and she gave a slight nod. “I cannot control the visions, but I can keep an eye out for whoever you are looking for. Who do you want to know of?” There was something about him that told her this was an important ask, and she made sure to stay relaxed. Unfortunately she told the truth, she had never been ale to control her visions, and she knew that she never would be. It was just one of the curses of being a hatter.

It had been a long three months being in pain with the red mare. He couldn’t remember how long it’d been since losing his sight, and from then on he’d stayed close to Rose, trusting her to guide him. He hadn’t properly met the other two horses that he knew were in the paddock, nor did he have the inclination to. Lifting his head wearily at the sound of the gate opening and feed being given, he didn’t move until Rose did, keeping his nose on her flank. He knew deep down that they were safe here, but he was just so tired of everything. Hearing a noise he shied slightly before realising it was just the pony stallion coming over to eat, his gait sounding so obviously wrong.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 10:23 pm

Pale blue eyes glittered whilst she spoke, "A little girl with brown hair and pale blue grey eyes, well worn clothes and a rabbit made out of bits of clothes sewn together" he paused a moment musing over things "Of course its been so long she might be an adult by now, then i wont know what she'll be wearing nor if she has the rabbit still" he managed to remain looking nothing more than somewhat sly and keeping the silky tone to his voice. He moved away out of reach and looked up at the sials listening to the noises the wind made, the creaking of the ship and the straining of the canvas. white sails were so boring, focusing on where he felt what he called a tear he found sails of another world that matched this one closely but where the sails were a beautiful blue. Pulling them through the colour of skye's sails changed as he'd willed it, pleased he'd managed to use his ability, for the first time since being sent here he made his way down the stairs thinking.

She needed to get Angus and renee out of the paddock so she could work with the two real problem ponies together, gus would be the easier of the two to get he couldn't go very far and he kept coming up to her to keep her away from rose and renee. Then she could move renee, the mare had been scanned to be in foal so she wanted renee in a paddock where she was less likely to get picked on by an over protective rose. sitting on the fence watching them her gaze lingered on her father the most, blind as a horse, Claire was terrified that he'd be blind as a human too, once they'd scoffed the food she took a breath "You can hear me dad, I have to tell you something thats pretty important" she didn't expect him to come over, he was a traumatized horse first and person second after all and he'd been through a lot thanks to ice, but she still wanted to tell him.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 10:40 pm

She listened closely to the description, giving a nod. “I’ll keep a look out for her,” she promised. The silky voice was beginning to not fool her now, she was beginning to suspect that it had been put on for show, but she made no mention of it. If doing that kept him feeling secure and safe then she wasn’t going to make him uncomfortable and on edge. Watching him move away, she blinked as her sails changed colour, and a smile spread over her face. “They look much better now.” She liked the contrast to the dark wood that her ship was made out of, and it was such a lovely blue too.

Having scoffed the food, the stallion was resting his head on Rose’s withers, his eyes closed. It wasn’t like having them open changed anything. Resting a back foot, his ears were following every sound, and soon focused on the girl’s voice. Something in the words sounded familiar, and he struggled to focus on it. This place was safe, he knew that much, and they’d been treated well for the most part while they’d been here, but he hadn’t had that slight tug to him for such a long time. It was so hard to work out what it was. Lifting his head, he trained both ears on her, trying to work out what was wanted from him. He didn’t think it was work here, all the harnessing had been removed and they’d been left alone. The time alone was helping the stallion settle too, the horse part slowly realising that they were safe. Continuing to listen to her, he took a few steps towards her, some part of him urging him to go over to her and comfort her. He just didn’t understand how or why.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 10:54 pm

Glancing back at her he looked almost suspicious, not used to people smiling like that because of something he'd done "the white was too bright, blue is nicer" shrugging he continued moving along as memories sounded daddy daddy why is the sky blue? Its such a pretty blue!. He'd half expected her to get angry that he'd changed something without asking, everyone else did, although he could choose if he did it or not alot of the time he just did it anyway not caring about the consequences. At the front of the ship and leaning against the wood there he closed his eyes, there were tears everywhere even out here, he could change a sack of tea to coffee, a pirates clothes from one colour to the next. Truly useful tears were not easily found, but when they were he could sometimes bring something amazing through, all of the tears he searched for some sign of her and yet part of him had almost given up. Looking up at the half moon that shone its weak light he observed that it was closer in this world than it had been in others, that was when he felt the jerk in his gut. Stiffening and concentrating he reached into the air and brushed his fingers down a large tear, that one was one that could have taken him to another world but opening large tears on a moving object was never a smart plan he'd learnt that the hard way.

Watching how the red mare strangely tolerated the stallions affections, Claire was well aware of Roses opinion when it came to them after all a slight smile appeared when he lifted his head and trained both ears on her. "Well while i was searching for you four i found out something, you're gonna be a granddad because im pregnant" it was a strange effort to say those words out loud, but she was happy even if Killian never came back it meant she had a piece of him to love and look after. From what she'd been taught about shadows as a youngster she already knew her child was a girl and had picked a name "Her names gonna be Julia, after you" she just didn't know if she'd stay here once she'd had Julia, Ice had already taken them all from her several times there was no way she was going to let her grand mother lay a single grimy hand on her child. First she had to help heal her fathers spirit and mind, ideally she wanted to get him rugged as soon as she could to keep him warm since they were starting to head for winter and a tough winter was being predicted.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 11:09 pm

“It’s a lovely blue.” Blue had always been one of her favourite colours, it was so peaceful and calming to her. Returning to her humming again, she contented herself with following the stars that she’d mapped out, half wondering where Killian was now. Perhaps he was watching the stars too, or perhaps he’d gone back to his job and was in the middle of a hunt. She knew very well that he was nocturnal, and she knew a fair few details of his past from the fire. She had just never told him that, and had never asked more about it. Reminded, her purple gaze drifted to the lost man at the front of her ship, wondering if he’d ever be okay, or if she’d even see the girl that he so clearly was desperate to know about.

For once his ears stayed on her, marking him obviously as listening to what she was saying. Shivering in a cool wind that suddenly blew for a few moments, he took a few more steps towards Claire, the soft words breaking through part of the horse’s hold on his mind. An absent part of him kept track of where the small pony was as he moved around, the limping gait so very distinctive and easy to follow. He wasn’t entirely sure where the other mare was, but that wasn’t the most important thing in his mind at the moment. It was Claire, the name had only just come to him after she’d started speaking, and a very soft almost scared whickering noise emanated from the horse. He wasn’t exactly trembling just from the cold, but he kept his focus on her, waiting to see what she’d do.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:35 pm

Perched upon the wooden beam that thrust out above the water, the man was lost in his thoughts, looking down at the hand missing part of a finger before clenching it closed. The thought that his precious daughter might already be dead and gone didn't enter his mind, to him she was still the little girl that pestered him to make her things and play on the battered old piano. Now he could never play for her again, staring up at the millions of bright door ways lighting up the night sky he searched for the light of his world still believing he'd know when he spotted it. Alas dawn came before he could and ended another fruitless night, watching the suns rays light up the beautiful blue sails, Logan knew he should move below deck however frustrated with himself and the world he remained where he was watching the sailors show up with a slightly malevolent glint to his pale gaze.

Watching how his ears stayed on her, listening to her a faint hopeful smile appeared on her face when a few steps were taken towards her, the almost frightened noise made her heart ache "Big Jules and little Jules, you'd teach her to ride of course" not daring to move or stop talking Claire added "Of course it'll be a girl, Shadow masters can only produce female offspring unless they're twins but i doubt i'd have those. I'm excited for this you know... scared too but mostly excited" Frowning slight at his shivering she made a note to get some rugs for him, preferably ones with no belly straps so he'd have less to worry about, the brief wind played with the strands of hair that had come loose from her braid.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2018 12:35 pm

Surrendering the wheel to another sailor, Skye gave the ship a once over, picking up a few places that were in need of minor repairs. With all of her crew busy, it looked like the newest addition to the ship would be the one to do it. Going to find him, she perched nearby and swung her legs gently before speaking. “Are you good are you with your hands? The ship needs a bit of repairs and everyone else is busy.” Hopefully he’d be agreeable, but if not, she was going to have to do a bit of shuffling around with her crew to get her other handyman freed up to fix the ship.

He continued to listen to her, trying to ignore the cool wind that was chilling him to his bones. It was so cold, much colder here than where the small herd had been before. He couldn’t help the shivering, but he moved closer to her, reaching out with his nose to try and figure out what was in front of him. He was getting better with his spatial awareness, but it still needed some work. Hearing a noise behind him from one of the other horses, he flicked an ear back to listen, then forward again, more focused on Claire and what she was saying. It was taking a while for the words to register, but when it finally happened, he whickered softly again, so glad for her. Somehow he managed to brave a few more steps forward, reaching out still towards the smell and the warmth that he could sense.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2019 11:36 am

Staring at the other members of the crew coming up with ways he could mess them around, the firm but quiet voice distracted him, it took several moments for his gaze to focus on her properly and not see right through her. Good with his hands? The question drew several blurred half forgotten memories that shifted and wouldn't stay and let him focus on them, after a few moments of intense thought Logan nodded "Yes, I believe so" he continued to twitch subtly, his fingers continuing to move and twitch while he was being talked to. The blurred unfocused memories had surfaced at the question suggested that he'd fixed and built things before, that he was able to figure most things out and fix them, remembering that far back made him feel slightly queasy and gave him a fheadache right behind his eyes and sinuses.

"I'm just offering my hand for you to sniff okay?" letting him know before she did anything she very slowly outstretched a hand so he could sniff her hand and inspect her before getting too close. "i'll have to get some baby things, i have no clue of where abouts to start but i thought there would probably be books"wishing that her father would be in human form for some of her pregnancy as all she wanted right now was a hug and his reassurance that they'd figure it all out. In a way it was lonley, Killian was gone, Her father was stuck as a horse and she'd never really been very close with Melissa, feeling isolated Claire didn't let herself show any of that. It was imperative that the young shadow master remain strong and confident in her ability to get the job done, her Dad needed her the farm needed her and so she just had to keep going.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2019 12:32 pm

She waited patiently while he thought, unwilling to push the somewhat unbalanced male that was stuck on her ship. Grateful for his answer being affirmative, she nodded slightly. “The spare sails need mending if you’re up to it. Come, I’ll show you where everything is.” She hopped off her perch and headed below decks, pointing out where the sails and repair items were. “I don’t mind where you work, wherever you feel most comfortable.” Giving him a quick smile and nod, she barely waited for his response before she strode off to organise the rest of her crew, taking advantage of the calm seas and peace to get much needed work done.

Dark brown ears flickered towards her again at her words, and he absorbed them for a moment before reaching out to bump his nose against her hand gently. The time since being rescued had helped the stallion settle down, the horse’s quiet nature easily fusing with Julian’s laid back nature making the job of recovering just that little bit easier. He was still very sore and cold, but now that he’d made the breakthrough of recognising Claire, chances were his recovery would soon be moving along a little bit quicker. Not backing away once he’d sniffed her hand, he instead moved forward a couple more steps, following his nose to explore where she was. Eventually finding her hand again, he nudged her gently, relaxing enough to rest a back foot while he stood with her.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2019 3:46 pm

Studying her he mused over it before following her closely, as usual he had no idea of others personal space, so close that the red head could likely feel his breath on the back of her neck the dark somewhat twisted male however didn't bother reaching for any of his weapons or doing anything to her. Studying the repair items and the sails that needed being repaired, the man mused over what he was going to do, hauling the heavy sails and the repair kits up onto the deck as he wanted to work in the sun instead of being trapped under neath the deck not unlike a bear in a trap. He tucked himself away in the bow of the ship, where he sat perched on an old cannon that didn't work anymore, starting to work he kept to himself suitably distracted from what the others were doing.

Watching the horse as he sniffed her hand and then moved closer to her, her eyes lit up as he nudged her hand, rubbing his nose after it nudged her hand Claire didn't say anything else, slightly overwhelmed at the amount of work ahead of her. She had to keep the pregnancy a secret from Ice or she'd take her daughter away from her, a hundred percent confident that it wouldn't be twins, the raven haired female did her best to just enjoy the moment and hope like mad that it'd all be okay.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2019 7:30 pm

Glad that he seemed happy to repair her sails, the captain busied herself with other things that were needed to be seen to on the ship. She always enjoyed being out on the ocean, and with no one to answer to, it was one way that she was coping with her own issues and working through them to recover properly. Being able to talk with Killian had been helpful, but he was no longer around while he dealt with his own issues. Still, she had her days full with her sailing, and right now there was nothing urgent that needed her attention.

Closing his eyes, Julian accepted the pat on his nose, not moving away from the touch despite all the abuse that he’d gone through over the past few months. After a while, he gave a sigh and dropped his head to sniff at the ground before beginning to graze. Relaxing a little in Claire’s company again, he stayed with her until she was ready to go. He was still spooky about anything going around his head and face, and he didn’t want to be touched anywhere else on his body, so it was a good breakthrough that he’d reached out to touch her hand voluntarily.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 2:49 pm

Keeping the farm running kept Claire constantly moving, in a way she welcomed the work as it kept her so busy she didn't have the time or the energy to think about the man that had left and had still not come back. All of her thoughts and worries were kept clutched close unwilling to share this burden with anyone else, she usually managed to spend a few minutes each day with Julian and the others, it was easier now Gus and Renee were in the paddock right next door. Rose had settled in well and was tolerating being handled and rugged, the red mare looked after the stallion walking with him around the paddock and always sticking close. Coming back after feeding everyone to sit on the wooden fence and watch her father eating his feed next to rose, she felt so alone it was like she was hollow on the inside, by now she was thankful that she was expecting as it gave her something extra to get through the day. Often talking to the shadows and the life forming, having kept the fact that she was pregnant quiet from Melissa as in her mind she didn't really need to know she'd been struggling through morning sickness and night sweats alone, chewing on the inside of her cheek while watching the horses quietly.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 6:46 pm

It'd been almost a month now since they’d been rescued, and all four horses had managed to settle down at the farm again. The black pony had completely come out of his shell now and was up to all sorts of tricks and mischief, causing there to be a very thoroughly pony-proof lock on their paddock. Jules had settled in nicely as well, becoming familiar with the routine and Claire being around. Finishing his food quickly, he followed the fence line to where he knew she’d be sitting, she always sat in the same place and it had helped him work things out. Now that he knew he was safe, he’d been able to wrestle with the horse that Ice had merged him with and begin to be more in control, thinking and working things out so that he could begin to heal and mend himself. Thankfully all the wounds were well on their way to being fully healed, but winter had come with an icy blast, and he was getting colder without the usual thick winter coat that Spotlight generally got. Finding his daughter’s hand, the gentle brown horse nuzzled over her fingers and rested his head in her lap. He still wasn’t happy about being touched on the head, but he’d worked out that if he initiated it, for some reason that made it all alright. Shivering when a cold blast of wind came out of nowhere, he didn’t move to the shelter that was in their paddock, preferring to stay with Claire for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost at sea, time and space
Page 21 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next